7.4

1. Apr 21, 2018
    They tried to make a cool Need for Speed out of the Wii controls, but the game turned out to be totally mediocre and even lower than that.

Lots of criticism goes to the unbalanced progression difficulty. At one point I got stuck and this was one of the few games that I gave up without completing. Not that there was any story progression to go along with the races anyway. For me it is

For me it is a 3. Nothing new in any game category except for mediocre controls.

#25 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#24 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

Mixed or average reviews - based on 41 Critic Reviews

Something else that blindsided me was the killer sense of speed. Dropping behind the wheel of a Charger or Cobra for a quick race was immediately satisfying and while NITRO definitely suffers from low-res car models and building textures, that doesn't stop the game from feeling frighteningly fast.
  2. Even the distinction between car classes fails to develop the gameplay, and within the first half an hour you feel like you've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer. It might scream 'excitement' at the top of its tiny lungs, then, but Need For Speed: Nitro's initially endearing zest quickly degenerates into repetitive strain.
    Nitro is a blast despite its faults, and brings some simply awesome concepts to the table. If you’re a racing fan, this is the first NFS experience that’s actually worth the cash on Wii.