5.3

1. NickL.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Awful game. In a perfect world they would have waited a couple monthes and fixed the problems in this game. Camera angles are garbage. If you want to fish buy Zelda.
  2. BradyT.
    Jan 21, 2007
    I want my money back. Not worth the money. The controls are very sketchy. Casting has no skill just hope. It doesn't sence your arm good enough and theres a half second to a second delay to what your doing on the screen. You find yourself wasting about 5 minutes at times just trying to cast. Only 1 reeling speed. No skill at all. Try to throw reel in. Repeat.
  3. CraigM.
    Feb 21, 2007
    This is the most unrealistic fishing game I have ever seen! I rented it and its not worth even that! The controls suck the graphics suck, and it suck!
  4. ChazzaD.
    May 8, 2007
    A very good game - controls are sketchy, and how the hell do you let the line go when it says press up Graphics are not as good as i hoped but still a very good game
  5. YuraT.
    Apr 28, 2007
    No comment
  6. ThomasL.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Excellent gameplay that really puts you in the game. However, poor environment graphics and funky camera angles keep it from being truly great. Nonetheless, the numerous well animated lures and multiple tournaments add a sense of reality and a higher replay value.
  7. TB
    Nov 29, 2006
    How could you go wrong with the Wii controller and a fishing game? This game is how. This game could have been so much more, it just needed a little more development time. Sloppy boat controls and lackluster graphics suggest that it might have been rushed out the door.
  8. DavidJ.K.
    Dec 8, 2006
    In the long tradition of great fishing games like Sega Bass Fishing, this game is garbage. It is perhaps more boring than real fishing (and I fish), annoying (voice acting is irritating and repetitive), and easy (it's not so easy to catch fish in real life). On top of that, the game controls don't make good use of the wiimote, and it just didn't live up to what I was hoping In the long tradition of great fishing games like Sega Bass Fishing, this game is garbage. It is perhaps more boring than real fishing (and I fish), annoying (voice acting is irritating and repetitive), and easy (it's not so easy to catch fish in real life). On top of that, the game controls don't make good use of the wiimote, and it just didn't live up to what I was hoping for. I am taking it back to sell at my local EB Games. Expand
    Dec 29, 2006
    I'm not much of a fisher, but this game got me wanting to keep fishing. The graphics may not be the best but the game is worth at least a look.

#19 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#25 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

The game’s transition to Wii was especially rough in the gameplay department though, featuring a reeling function that only works at one solid speed, a noticeable half second lag between any action and the on-screen result, and generally unresponsive Wii motion control.
  2. The controller may fit the bill, but Rapala Tournament Fishing just isn't the big catch that virtual anglers were hoping for.
  3. It speaks volumes that when I was taking a break from reviewing RTF, I went back to my Zelda game and found myself visiting the fishing hole and enjoying it far more, even though it's not as complex as Rapala.