9.1

1. Oct 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of the Wii's amazing masterpieces. Starting off, the story is kind of like the first one. Starts off casual, go through the first screens then BOOM! Bowser appears and the Mushroom Kingdom is destroyed, and Bowser takes Princess Peach. Then almost immediately after, you're jumped into the first mission of the game. The game has most of the time goes pretty fast, the game does slow down a little or sometimes a lot, but normally it picks back up within in hour or 2, depending on how good you are. The game also has taken powerups and other things from the other game and add in new stuff. Such as the new powerups they added like the Cloud Flower. A very good (and very broken) powerup that lets Mario not only jump higher. But he can create 3 platforms out of thin air. Or the Spin Drill which lets Mario tunnel through dirt with ease. Another thing that makes the game very good is the difficulty. It isn't hard like Dark Souls or Cuphead, far from it. But the difficulty spike definitely increases by a lot. As there is more difficult platforming, more dangerous enemies, the whole shabang. The bosses are also interesting. Every world it switches between Bowser Jr, (Bowser's son), and Bowser himself, Bowser Jr has a totally new thing for the player to face against, while Bowser himself is a different story. It has the same battlefield, but Bowser's attacks either are more deadly, or it takes more hits to defeat him. Despite it being the same, it always feels fresh. In addition, the levels in the game are incredible. The music, the feel, and the objectives fit almost always. One of my favorites is the Clockwork Ruins Galaxy, it feels like going on a treasure hunt for the Power Star, with deadly spikes, crushing hammers, the stuff you would find out of an Indiana Jones movie. There are also stars known as Prankster Comets, there's one in every stage, they either create a new star entirely, or they take a normal mission and add an extra challenge, like there's a time limit on how long you can be in the world until you die, or if you get hit once you die, they add an extra challenge that makes an old level feel fresh and challenging. However there are a few that I dislike and feel either bland, incomplete, or just downright stupid. One of those is Battle Belt Galaxy, one of the most infamous galaxies in the game. All you do is kill all the enemies on the planet, go to the next one, rinse and repeat about 8 times and you got the Power Star. It's less fun then it sounds. Another thing most people don't talk about is completing the game. Completing video games all the way through tends to be more of an endurance challenge then actual difficulty. This is where my biggest problem of the game comes in. After getting the 121st Power Star, the game introduces a new thing to the player and the protagonist. Green Stars, there are 2 - 3 in each world, the game goes from fast paced and you saying "YES! I got another Power Star!" To, "Ugh, another friggin star. Yay..." Every Green Star is hidden in every world, your only hints are the start of the mission where it shows you where to go to get the Power Star you already got, and a sound clue that signifies that you're near one. You have to do this is EVERY world other then the last one. You need all 241 stars, 9999 Star Bits (the games main currency) In the bank. You get the final challenge, which is dubbed to be one of the hardest levels in the entire Mario franchise. And they're right, if you complete this level. Then your a gaming wizard. No doubt. Other then that complaint, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a great game that has aged super well and will continue to be an incredible game til' the end of time. Expand
  2. Dec 4, 2017
    God, I never regret that I bought this Mario game. Have to admit, undoubtedly the best Mario experience of all time. The level system is simply a masterpiece and the bosses are so fun that you just want to sit in the chair all day. I just have not word to say how awesome this game really is. This is MOST BUY GAME FOR WII, period.
  3. Sep 29, 2019
    The sequel to an already amazing game, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a great return to the various worlds in the stars of the Mario Universe. Just as impressive as or better than the first one, this entry comes with brand new power-ups, gorgeous galaxies, an outstanding soundtrack with lovely new songs, and loads of replayability. And Yoshi’s here too! Yahoo!!
    This game truly is a worthy
    This game truly is a worthy successor to the original.
  4. Sep 25, 2019
    Esse jogo é tão incrível quanto o primeiro Super Mario Galaxy
    A principal diferença desse jogo em relação ao primeiro é que o Yoshi passa a se tornar jogável, mudando o gameplay do jogo e as dinâmicas das fases, assim como o Super Mario World.
    Esse jogo é tão incrível quanto o primeiro Super Mario Galaxy
    Infelizmente, esse jogo não possui um história tão épica quanto o primeiro e por ter sido lançado como uma continuação, isso quebrou um pouco minha expectativa em relação à história e pelo jogo ter sido lançado depois, o jogo gerou muito menos impacto do que o primeiro.
    Porém, o jogo expandiu as possibilidades de novos planetas chegando ao limite da criatividade e da fantasia, superando o level design do primeiro Super Mario Galaxy, além de uma ADMIRÁVEL E BELÍSSIMA TRILHA SONORA, tão boa quanto o game.
    Eu acho que o primeiro Super Mario Galaxy é melhor que o segundo, mas não subestime esse jogo, esse game tem seus próprios méritos e merecer ser jogado.

(Recomendo começar com o Super Mario Galaxy e depois jogar o segundo jogo, para entender um pouco melhor a ideia do jogo)

SE VOCÊ ADQUIRIR ESSE JOGO, JOGUE E ZERE!!!!
    E JOGUE OS DOIS JOGOS DA SÉRIE!!!!
  5. Sep 7, 2019
    Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, Super Mario Galaxy 2 manages the impossible and surpasses it. This is best game on the Nintendo Wii, the best Mario game period, and one of the best 3D platformers and video games in general, ever made. Super Mario Galaxy 2 features excellent level design, stunning graphics, awesome soundtrack, better bosses and better platforming that put in topSuper Mario Galaxy was a great game, Super Mario Galaxy 2 manages the impossible and surpasses it. This is best game on the Nintendo Wii, the best Mario game period, and one of the best 3D platformers and video games in general, ever made. Super Mario Galaxy 2 features excellent level design, stunning graphics, awesome soundtrack, better bosses and better platforming that put in top echelons of video games. Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2019
    para mi es el mejor juego de mario que puede existir su jugabilidad es muy buena pero lo que mas se destaca es su banda sonora es lo mejor del juego ya que te puede dar felicidad y melancolia y es lo que mas me encanta de este juego que todavia lo sigo jugando en 2019
  7. Aug 30, 2019
    This game is simply awesome, magnificent and by far the greatest implementation of Yoshi in a Mario game by far. One if not THE best game on the WII.
  8. Aug 29, 2019
    Amazing game,that's for sure.I completed it 100% and I never got bored.It's basically Mario Galaxy 1 but with different stages and some new power ups.Definetely recommended tho.
  9. Aug 27, 2019
    GAMEPLAY ( 10 out of 10 )
    GAMEPLAY ( 10 out of 10 )
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is surprisingly even more polished and better designed than its superb predecessor. This was clearly a work of love done by people that really comprehend what makes action platformers, and Mario games in particular, so fascinating to play. The game is fun and exciting from the beginning to the end, progressing at a breezy pacing, with some fast paced levels and none too slow paced or too difficult. It even has an easy-to-navigate map that, like in the 2D classics, lets you fly right into the next level, giving it a more addictive non-stop action feel, when compared to past 3D Mario games, by focusing on what's important: stomping goombas and going through the extremely engaging levels.

VISUALS ( 10 out of 10 )
    Best graphics of any game for the Wii.

SOUND ( 10 out of 10 )
    Amazing and wide-ranging soundtrack that skilfully mixes old tunes with new compositions and always fits the action perfectly.

VALUE ( 10 out of 10 )
    The amount of variety in Galaxy 2 is astounding – more so than in any other action platformer that came before it. Every level has its own unique gameplay mechanics and activities, all very fun and none feels made in a hurry, so you never know what novelties come next and they never stop coming. Even the power-ups are more and better used than ever in this game, being Yoshi the most noteworthy of them all. There are 242 stars to collect, most of them challenging enough to satisfy even the most skilled gamers, providing some of the most gratifying moments you can have in a video-game.

FINAL SCORE ( 10 out of 10 )
    In my opinion, Galaxy 2 is the most fun, inventive, varied, beautiful and absorbing Action Platformer of all time. The concept behind the creation of Galaxy 2 is an extension of the first Galaxy's concept, so it can't possibly have the same impact. But what makes Galaxy 2 so great and what will keep you coming back, even after you've collected every star, is the expertly designed levels, with an incredible amount of variety, a constantly changing pace due to excellent mix of 3D and 2D gameplay and the great number of different power-ups, mechanics and activities, all smartly placed, delightful and interesting, level after level after level after level… leaving you breathless and full of joy!
  10. Jul 15, 2019
    I got the nintendo selects version a few years ago and I haven't yet finished it but it is such a good game with all the little details
  11. Jun 25, 2019
    This one right here proves that a sequel game can equal or better than the first part of the adventure.
  12. Apr 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The music and the design of levels are magic. The music and the design of levels are magic. Expand
  13. Mar 31, 2019
    What do you say about a game that's basically just an expansion of the previous one? It's still incredible! Gameplay is sharp as always and the music alone deserves an award, visuals are colourful and vibrant, and have aged well despite being a fairly old game on 15 year old hardware. The cartoony shiny graphics and Mario's goofy face will bring a smile to the face of just about anyoneWhat do you say about a game that's basically just an expansion of the previous one? It's still incredible! Gameplay is sharp as always and the music alone deserves an award, visuals are colourful and vibrant, and have aged well despite being a fairly old game on 15 year old hardware. The cartoony shiny graphics and Mario's goofy face will bring a smile to the face of just about anyone with a semblance of soul.
    The few changes to the gameplay include a few new powerups (the rock mushroom, cloud flower, and ghost mushroom), while removing the ice flower from the previous game along with one elusive end game bonus. The biggest additions, however, would be Luigi being made available halfway through the game and selectable from the hub world, and YOSHI, who is a joy to play as and comes with his own set of powerups and mechanics.
    The downsides that make this game maybe a 0.1 point worse than the original for me are a massive reduction of the story, hub world, and level complexity. If you were hoping for another Little Prince-esque adventure like the original, prepare to be let down as all you're getting is the basic mario plot and a fat floating Patrick Star. The hub world, rather than being a massive flying castle is now just a small starship shaped like Mario's face (no I'm not lying) which, while more packed and compact, feels less epic. An upside however is that the new more barebones map screen makes it easier to just jump in and play the game. Lastly the levels, while just as good, are much shorter and less sprawling
    In conclusion, Mario Galaxy 2 is still an absolute masterpiece and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone owning a Wii
  14. Mar 20, 2019
    a great sequel to one of my favorite games of all time. it has a lot of creative new levels and power-ups, but maybe the single best aspect is the inclusion of Yoshi. he brings a lot to the gameplay, and some of the most fun levels to play is where he's available.

personally, I do prefer the first one to this for several reasons, the biggest one is I don't particularly like the overworld map used here. I prefer the style of Mario64 and the first Galaxy-game, where you have a hub you can explore, where the worlds are connected, it gives off a more exploratory feeling. here I feel things are a bit dumbed down, where you just travel from world to world in a much more simplified manner.

but this is a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things though, as the game is fantastic, and everyone who's a fan of the genre should play it.
  15. Mar 2, 2019
    Mario galaxy when it came out was acclaimed for being a great 3D Mario game rivalling that of Mario sunshine but not 64. Then a game came out called Mario galaxy 2. This was a game that to me beat out sunshine and the first galaxy and could even rival the graphics and gameplay of Mario 64. This game is near perfection with bosses that were already good and making them so much better,Mario galaxy when it came out was acclaimed for being a great 3D Mario game rivalling that of Mario sunshine but not 64. Then a game came out called Mario galaxy 2. This was a game that to me beat out sunshine and the first galaxy and could even rival the graphics and gameplay of Mario 64. This game is near perfection with bosses that were already good and making them so much better, improved gameplay and a increased difficulty that made it amazing. this is my favourite Mario game of all time and for good reason I recommend you go out or go online buy a copy and enjoy the beauty that was Mario Galaxy 2 Expand
  16. Feb 26, 2019
    The best 3D Mario game of all, one of the best games of all time. If you liked Super Mario Galaxy 1, you'll love 2 because it's just more of that, but a bit neater and with loads to do. It's a bit harder than SMG1.
  17. Feb 17, 2019
    Gameplay/Mechanics: 10
    Sound/Music: 10
    Graphics/Art: 10
    Design/Atmosphere: 10
    OVERALL: 10/10 Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a masterpiece. One of the Greats
  18. Jan 30, 2019
    Not only is this game the sequel to my favorite video game of all time but it has Yoshi in it which makes it equal to the prequel.
    Yoshi is my favorite video game character of all time.
    It's just good.
  19. Dec 10, 2018
    Another Wii game that is Nintendo Selects, all the best part from the 1st game is back!
  20. Nov 9, 2018
    This game was even better than the first one! It fixed all the problems the original had and made it better! For example, some galaxies in the original were just filler, here, every galaxy has at least two stars in it, and they don't feel out of place either!
  21. Nov 4, 2018
    I love this game with a burning passion... it's my childhood! However, it isn't my nostalgia that is forcing me give this game an outstanding score, but rather that Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Nintendo Wii is an absolute masterpiece.

I played this game before the original, and going back to the first game, I still had a great time, as it's still an excellent game, but it felt less addictive and generally good as the sequel. Anyone who says this is a watered - down sequel is not doing the game justice. It is superior in almost every way.

The graphics are some of the best on the Wii, resembling it's predecessors' hugely, but with more variety in it's environments. It looks smooth, detailed and downright whimsical, from Yoshi's bright blue eyes, to the stellar space backgrounds, to a gleaming gold power star, Galaxy 2 looks brilliant. Likewise, the music is as heart - wringing and beautiful as the original. The tunes are even better, and fit with the general atmosphere well. Even old tunes are remixed or improved, with a chilling vocal chord or some extra instruments sound.

Story? Minimal and never distracts from the action. Follows the same trope as all other Mario games, and the tale is told in a memorable and cute way, with quirky side characters prepared with helpful, funny and well - written dialogue. Captain Toad, Lubba and the adorable penguins were some of my favourites. The dialogue that is there is well - voiced, and it does build up tension in a way the you are bursting in anticipation by the final boss fight.

But the gameplay is where it's at. I don't think I can do it justice, but I'll have a try - and it's brilliant. Constantly shaking it up with new mechanics that are always super enjoyable, and slowly building on them to test your skill by the end of the level. Power - ups that make Mario have new abilities ( a staple of the Mario series in general). 2D levels, challenges, and even YOSHI! With his own power - ups and enjoyments, he has fully featured levels as the duo try and nab more Power Stars!, Boss Fights with threats and mechanics that make them the some of best in the series, and an endless variety of enemies. Traditional levels, open levels... Damn. You can play through all of this with a great control scheme which makes great use of both the point an motion sensor, and another player can hop along in the form of an orange Luma! The Hub is smaller, sure, but is packed with stuff to do. And so is this game. Seriously. Among Prankster Comets, and the many Green Stars, this game has SO MUCH for you to do.

And you know what? The best thing to do is just play it - this review is merely the tip of the iceberg. Your kids must play this, they will remember it fondly as they grow up, and besides, it's the perfect game to help your kids develop a taste for the colourful, child - friendly Nintendo, a company that makes games so fun I'd never play any dismal, grey shooter. Prepare to be amazed - you will (if you buy it) experience the best game ever made.
  22. Oct 23, 2018
    Whilst it might not have captured the wondrous scale of its predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is as close as a game can reach to perfection. Pushing the platform genre to its boundaries, it constantly innovates and excels. Adding on one of the best soundtracks in the industry, you NEED to play this!
  23. Aug 30, 2018
    (this is a review of both games) although i wish you could dive in this game i think the controls and physics feel the best for a platformer game ever, even more than super mario odyssey. the graphics weren't upgraded from the first one but they didn't need to, because they are the best graphics seen on the wii to this day (especially on wii U's HD) but probably the best part about these(this is a review of both games) although i wish you could dive in this game i think the controls and physics feel the best for a platformer game ever, even more than super mario odyssey. the graphics weren't upgraded from the first one but they didn't need to, because they are the best graphics seen on the wii to this day (especially on wii U's HD) but probably the best part about these games is the music. orchestra music back in a 2007 video game?! and it ain't low quality compared to professional orchestra music. i like the second game a bit more because it feels like a big expansion pack, and the power ups are just as fun as ever of course. however i like the hub world a lot more in galaxy 1. but both of the games feel more limited than super mario sunshine and super mario 64 (and of course odyssey) 9.7 for galaxy 1 and 9.8 for galaxy 2. Expand
  24. JPK
    Aug 19, 2018
    Just As Good As The First One
    Super Mario Galaxy Has ALL The Qualities That Made It’s 2007 Predecessor So Damn Amazing.
  25. Aug 10, 2018
    A phenomenal sequel to a very solid Mario game. Galaxy 2 added on to what was already a great game. this time, they added in Yoshi and he is always fun.
  26. Aug 9, 2018
    One of da first games I've ever played. Cured my depression at age 8. My brother always played as Mario and i was always the stupid star and still was an amazing game.
  27. Aug 4, 2018
    This game well deserves its really high ratings. It's awesome! Better than the first, and way longer! This is around the time Mario games were made more for gamers and including much harder elements and stages. I still haven't beaten The Perfect Run.
  28. Jul 6, 2018
    Digno sucesor de la anterior entrega, deseaba explorar mas mundo y me trajeron esta obra de arte.
  29. Jun 29, 2018
    I bought Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 at the same time, and I was really disappointed with the first game. It sees Mario on small planets, and the camera doesn't follow you around well, so you'll be at the bottom of a planet with your head facing down, and pressing forward on the control stick moves Mario toward the camera instead of away from it. It is very disorienting, and I am a seriousI bought Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 at the same time, and I was really disappointed with the first game. It sees Mario on small planets, and the camera doesn't follow you around well, so you'll be at the bottom of a planet with your head facing down, and pressing forward on the control stick moves Mario toward the camera instead of away from it. It is very disorienting, and I am a serious gamer, and I couldn't cope with the controls and quit after 5 hours. So I didn't have high hopes for Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm happy to report that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a much better game than the first one! The sections where you are on small planets are fewer in number and somehow easier to handle. The platforming is great and controls well. Mario gets special abilities from mushrooms like a cloud mushroom that allows him to create up to 3 cloud platforms whenever he double-jumps. There's also a bee mushroom that allows him to fly/float for a short period of time. There are many others, and they all contribute to excellent platforming puzzles. The bosses are fun challenges in figuring out their weaknesses.

The only negatives I had about this game were the gates, repeated sections, and difficulty. At the end of each world, you collect a star. To progress in the game, you'll need to have a certain number of stars to pass the artificial star gate even though you've beaten all of the levels leading up to it. You are forced to go back to the previous levels and beat them again to find the alternative exits and their stars. This is unnecessary backtracking that's not as much fun as experiencing the levels for the first time, and beating a level only to find you have to go back and do 10 more levels to find stars is frustrating. I did go back because it was fun and I wanted to see what new levels were in store for Mario, but it is still an issue. When you finally do make it to the last level, the difficulty ramps up extremely, and I lost all of my lives many, many times in the last galaxies where I hadn't lost all of my lives at all leading up to it. The difficulty curve will be unfair to the little kids that had been enjoying the game up to that point.

Overall, I would recommend Super Mario Galaxy 2 to anyone who likes platformers, as it is the best one on the Wii. 7/10
  30. Jun 21, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super Mario Galaxy 2 takes what was great about the original and added some new bells and whistles and innovated more without fixing what wasn't broken. The worlds are more fun to play, the new power-ups are super fun and are built around certain galaxies (especially the Cloud Flower), the music is even better, and to bring people to a road down memory lane, they remade Thwomp's Fortress from Super Mario 64 and renamed it Throwback Galaxy. My only real gripe is that the hub has been downgraded, but the rest of the game is a beautiful creation. Expand
  31. Jun 3, 2018
    This was a great game; definitely playable for anyone that liked Galaxy 1 (don't play this without playing that, no point, they are very similar tech). It gets a 9 instead of a 10 because the only complain I have is that towards the very end of the game, some hard levels became relatively repetitive (difficulty is fine but it often becomes too repetitive; but in general most hard levelsThis was a great game; definitely playable for anyone that liked Galaxy 1 (don't play this without playing that, no point, they are very similar tech). It gets a 9 instead of a 10 because the only complain I have is that towards the very end of the game, some hard levels became relatively repetitive (difficulty is fine but it often becomes too repetitive; but in general most hard levels were interesting as well).
    An advantage it has overt Galaxy 1 is that it's more direct into game without much de-tours in the open world, however that could be also seen as a disadvantage since it makes it too simplistic in terms of the open world but I guess it made sense if one assumes everyone that plays this already played Galaxy 1 which is the most likely scenario.
  32. May 20, 2018
    Ya si mario galaxy era el culmen de los juegos de plataformas 3d, llega su secuela y lo mejora en todo, el mejor plataformas en 3d de todos, compartiendo el trono junto a mario 64,galaxy, y odyssey
  33. May 6, 2018
    I don't have words this is just perfection. Every aspect of it is polished and mindblowing. This game is unhuman how good it is
  34. Apr 28, 2018
    Fantastisches gameplay und mittlerweile ein Klassiker. Die Story ist natürlich nicht speziell das ist aber auch nicht nötig dank den vielen und abwechslungsreichen Level.
  35. Apr 20, 2018
    Basically the 2nd half of Super Mario Galaxy. Great platforming design, a new world map concept and Mariooooooo (((again))) for a 2-point deduction. Not much more to say.
  36. Apr 19, 2018
    I know this is a REALLY late review, but I gotta release my opinion eventually. This game is by far my third favorite Mario game, with Odyssey being my favorite and 64 DS being second.

Pros: + Gameplay: Pretty great, though I definitely missed the diving option in this game. + Soundtrack: Amazing, but overrated (just like Galaxy 1's) + Enemy Variety: I mean, it's basic Mario enemies,

Pros:
    + Soundtrack: Amazing, but overrated (just like Galaxy 1's)
    + Enemy Variety: I mean, it's basic Mario enemies, but what's more memorable than a Goomba or a Koopa?
    + Yoshi: It's Yoshi, ok? Yoshi is amazing, especially with the infinite flutter glitch.
    + Puzzle Plank Galaxy: ...It's an amazing level, ok?

Mix:
    = Level Design: While the levels are FAR from bad, except for the ball ones, those are atrocious. Plus, the levels aren't too memorable, however I can still remember quite a number of them (like Supermassive Galaxy and Throwback Galaxy).
    = Graphics: For a game from 2010, they aren't necessarily bad, but I guarantee there were better looking games from that time.
    = Story: OH WOW, I'M JUDGING THE STORY OF A MARIO GAME!1!!!!!1!11! Yeah, it's the same story from Galaxy 1.

Cons:
    - Motion Controls: While not the worst on the Wii, that goes to probably some shovelware game, the ball levels warrant it as a con.
    - Stuff is Reused from Galaxy 1, A LOT: Ok, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the ending of the game was just fanservice (though the good kind of fanservice). Despite being a sequel, it reused a lot. However, this is more of a nitpick because there were enough differences between the two to call this game a sequel more than v1.5.

Overall, the game is amazing and warrants a 9/10 from me. In my opinion, it's better than Galaxy 1.
  37. Apr 3, 2018
    Ещё лучше, чем первая часть. Дизайн уровней - 10, графика - 8, сюжет - 8.
  38. Apr 1, 2018
    Uma sequencia fantastica do seu antecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2, trouxe o que era bom no Super Mario Galaxy do forma inovadora, cheia de novidades, e suas fases cada uma é diferente da outra! Um dos melhores jogos do Wii!
  39. Mar 28, 2018
    Mario Galaxy 2 takes every great thing about its predecessor and makes it even better. In other words: it takes a perfect game and makes it even better.
  40. Mar 16, 2018
    - 9.7 -

Insieme al 1°, si parla di classici senza tempo nel mondo videoludico, specialmente della nintendo, questo gioco però, ha qualcosa in meno rispetto al primo capitolo, sarà per le ambientazioni, sarà per i boss meno interessanti, insomma, per diversi piccoli motivi è leggermente inferiore al 1° grande super mario galaxy.
  41. Mar 9, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is just like the first one, but even better. Nintendo managed to make this sequel in just one year after its predecessors’ release. For most people, the journey ends after defeating bowser, but for more dedicated fans, you can complete the special world (post game). For the true dedicated fans, after finishing the special world you can move onto collecting every green star and star in the game, to then unlock your final challenge, the perfect run. This game was amazingly executed in most areas of it. Expand
  42. Mar 8, 2018
    I must confess: I didn't like this game. I understand that I'm a minority here, but I dropped the game at 50% cause it felt like non-stop grinding. I played this one after Odyssey and maybe because of that it gelt backward. I just wasn't having fun.

Pros: - Cool concept of galaxies and start eating crystals to become planets. Astrophysics for kids. - Catchy tune at the cute Mario's

Pros:
    - Catchy tune at the cute Mario's head shaped starship
    - Creative levels (my favorite one is with giant Goombas & coins)

Cons:
    - I played on Wii U and this console sucks. If I see this huge gamepad again I gonna vomit.
    - Difficulty spikes destroyed all the fun. At a running level with caterpillars I died like 30 times or more.
    - Motion controls suck. They are not accurate and make game so much harder than it needs to be. I hated levels with a flying bird for this reason (and swimming is also awful)
    - You can't move camera. And every fall is deadly (you got sucked in black holes). So the levels feel claustrophobic. You just don't see where you jump and you die and die and die.
    - Some levels and bosses are so random to beat. I needed like 50 tries for a comet with crabs and like 20 times for a huge snake-boss on an asteroid. Just boo.

TLDR: I didn't enjoy the game at all. It is a pointless grind with awful controls.
  43. Mar 4, 2018
    This game is so amazing. For 2007 this game feels and controls like it was made today. This is an epic 3d game and has levels that are pretty easy (BUT FUN) and of course there are some levels that are really challenging (STILL FUN). If you have not played this game, you are missing out BIG time. This game is as good as the first and having yoshi is an interesting fun choice
  44. Mar 4, 2018
    This is the perfect 3D platformer. Creative levels, great soundtrack, beautiful visuals and Yoshi.
  45. Mar 1, 2018
    es una obra maestra mucho mejor que el uno asombrosa jugabilidad y genial diseño de niveles
  46. Feb 12, 2018
    It was one of the best wii games I've played. The graphics were great at the time, they are terrible now, it is a nice throwback to 1996 and 2007, mostly for Throwback Galaxy. It had a lot more levels but unlike SMG1 it had more stuff to do, especially in the hub planet.
  47. Jan 8, 2018
    Mario Galaxy 2, some say the best Mario game ever, do I agree? lets find out!
    Graphics-This game looks amazing on the Wii and I really wish a Mario galaxy 3 would come out, I think this was 720p but imagine 1080p Mario galaxy? The graphics are still great today
    Mario Galaxy 2, some say the best Mario game ever, do I agree? lets find out!
    Gameplay-This game runs smooth and crisp but also delivers fun gameplay which covers the minor problems of the original, it has much replay value and has very fun missions to play!
    Music-Though not as god as the originals it comes pretty dang close as its still 10/10, there is just no bad music in this game.
    Story-The story really doesn't matter in this game but if it did its still a fun and exciting story!
    OVERALL-This game has fun gameplay with great graphics, fantastic music and a great story.

SCOREBOARD-
    GRAPHICS-10/10
    GAMEPLAY-10/10
    MUSIC-10/10
    STORY-10/10
    TOTAL-10/10 Masterpiece of art
  48. Jan 6, 2018
    Not as good as the first game, but still super fun and one of the best games on the WII. Graphics and game play are still amazing but it didn't have the challenge and story the first game did.

Score 10/10
    Masterful
  49. Dec 27, 2017
    This is the best game I have ever played. It might not have much story, but it has amazing platforming, and that's what I want the most out of a platformer. It has a great difficulty curve, a decent amount of postgame, and comets that aren't as luck based. All of those things are improvements over the first game. The bosses may be a little lackluster, especially the final boss. That's oneThis is the best game I have ever played. It might not have much story, but it has amazing platforming, and that's what I want the most out of a platformer. It has a great difficulty curve, a decent amount of postgame, and comets that aren't as luck based. All of those things are improvements over the first game. The bosses may be a little lackluster, especially the final boss. That's one of the only downfalls of this game though. The final challenge at the end is really tough and actually rewarding unlike a certain 3D Mario game on the N64 which was not rewarding at all. Overall, this game is amazing and an improvement over the original. Expand
  50. Dec 16, 2017
    I got this game at Game Stop and when i played it it was an amazing game and one day I didn't go to bed ti'll 1:00 am because the game was that addicting!! 10/10
  51. Dec 15, 2017
    Probably the most challenging Mario game in the series, hands down. It may be the Super Mario equivalent of Dark Souls (especially in the Perfect Run part), but its still as enjoyable and beautiful as the first Galaxy.
  52. Dec 15, 2017
    This is not only my all time favourite Mario game, but it's also objectively the best Mario game ever made by Nintendo.

TBH this game is absolutely FLAWLESS. Graphics are good, it's hard to believe that this game is in 480p(HQ) instead of 1080p(HD) when you see how beautiful it is. The ost is the best thing I have ever listened to since I played Mario games. It is a complete orchestra that tries to fit the music to the ambiance, the music in the sequel is a lot better than the one in the prequel, that isn't saying much since Mario Galaxy 1 already had an excellent ost.

The level design is like Mario Galaxy 1, but improved. It was innovative as heck, even though this game is not as innovative as MG1 since it's literally the same system as Mario Galaxy 1 it still has an improved level design nonetheless. Mario Galaxy 2 uses different planets on which you can do things before letting you get through with the gravity gimmick that is well thought for many circumstances. There are even more levels that plays with the gravity, the likes of the house level that suddently changes its gravity depending on what you do and where you go.

You have completed the game? No problem, it's time for you to beat some comets and the world s which are what made the game hard and more frustrating. This game unlike the newer Mario games challenges you and I'm always ready for challenges.

This game is not perfect either, it has two flaws (yes I said that it was flawless, now quiet): 1. The story is the same like 95% of the Mario games unfortunately, with an inch of difference, but in the end it's still the old "Go save the princess lul". 2. The camera is crappy. Note that despite these two flaws, the game is just too great to get a 9/10. Maybe we can also add that it uses the **** quick escape block from New Super Mario Bros Wii, but instead of the block, it's Rosalina the one that helps you (She doesn't help you if you're trying to beat a comet though).

It is also very unfortunately the last good Mario game made by Nintendo. Buy it before it becomes unavailable, buy this masterpiece it is worth it.

EDIT: Some people judged this game to be bad because it is a "copypasta" of Mario Galaxy 1. Mario Galaxy 2 is still great, imagine MG1, but with an improved level design, more challenges and a better ost.
  53. Nov 13, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best Mario games made. As soon as you start the game, you are greeted by a sense of exploration. Mario, along with his companion from Galaxy 1, Luma, explore over 45 gorgeous and unique galaxies each with their own set of stars. Luma adds to Mario's move-set, by providing what's almost a double jump, a new way to attack enemies, and being able to transformSuper Mario Galaxy is one of the best Mario games made. As soon as you start the game, you are greeted by a sense of exploration. Mario, along with his companion from Galaxy 1, Luma, explore over 45 gorgeous and unique galaxies each with their own set of stars. Luma adds to Mario's move-set, by providing what's almost a double jump, a new way to attack enemies, and being able to transform through shooting stars. The post-game content adds a brand new world, filled with brand new difficult stages, filled with class throwbacks. After you collect all 120 stars, you can go back and explore each galaxy again, to find hidden green stars. These require you to search everywhere, as some of them are really hidden. After you collect all of them, you unlock one final galaxy, The Grandmaster Galaxy. This is a very difficult stage, which requires all of your skills in order to complete it and collect the final 2 stars, which brings the total of stars in the game to 242. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a must play for any Mario fan. The large amount of fun and difficult platforming really requires you to use your new moves and brand new power-ups. Although the stars are linear, some galaxies feel quite open world, even though you are heading a specific path. With all that been said, I recommend this game to both casual and competitive players, because this game really is a blast for all. Expand
  54. Nov 7, 2017
    Great game, but didn't impress me like Galaxy 1 and I also prefer more open levels of Galaxy 1. But I can undrestand why people prefer this one. Still i give it 10 becouse i cant find any flaws.
  55. Nov 6, 2017
    The first one was perfect and the sequel is... also perfect! Super Mario Galaxy 2 serves as a manual of how to make a great sequel: expand the scope, maintain the mechanics and be fun.
  56. Nov 6, 2017
    Super Mario sempre se supera em todas as gerações, a Nintendo tem um carinho e um cuidado com os jogos dele que são incríveis, o Galaxy continua com exploração em mundos belíssimos em 3D e quebra cabeças de tirar o folego de tão criativos. Os mundos, planetas, cometas, estrelas, tudo é tão bem feito, harmonioso que temos vontade de não parar de jogar de tão lindos que são feitos os mundos.Super Mario sempre se supera em todas as gerações, a Nintendo tem um carinho e um cuidado com os jogos dele que são incríveis, o Galaxy continua com exploração em mundos belíssimos em 3D e quebra cabeças de tirar o folego de tão criativos. Os mundos, planetas, cometas, estrelas, tudo é tão bem feito, harmonioso que temos vontade de não parar de jogar de tão lindos que são feitos os mundos. Uma obra de arte incrível! A Nintendo reformulou esse Mario Galaxy que continua tão incrível e até melhor que o primeiro, apaixonante! Expand
  57. Nov 1, 2017
    Absurdo y repetitivo es claro que nintendo a encontrado un mercado que lo apoya incondicionalmente y del cual seguirá abusando por mucho tiempo, y debo decir que en este videojuego mario se ve muy afeminado, no quiero ofender a nadie ni mucho menos pero me llamo la atención que una compañera de trabajo no quiso comprarle este videojuego a su hijo por este motivo. Me disculpo si alguien seAbsurdo y repetitivo es claro que nintendo a encontrado un mercado que lo apoya incondicionalmente y del cual seguirá abusando por mucho tiempo, y debo decir que en este videojuego mario se ve muy afeminado, no quiero ofender a nadie ni mucho menos pero me llamo la atención que una compañera de trabajo no quiso comprarle este videojuego a su hijo por este motivo. Me disculpo si alguien se siente ofendido Expand
  58. Oct 22, 2017
    Game sequels are rarely ever better than the originals, Mario Galaxy set the bar so high that it being topped by it's sequel would be odd, but Galaxy 2 was able to at least equal out it's predecessor. Yes it may cut corners in the hub world department and it's way of entering levels is somewhat unsatisfying but it wasn't a deal breaker. They wanted to quicken the pace of the game and itGame sequels are rarely ever better than the originals, Mario Galaxy set the bar so high that it being topped by it's sequel would be odd, but Galaxy 2 was able to at least equal out it's predecessor. Yes it may cut corners in the hub world department and it's way of entering levels is somewhat unsatisfying but it wasn't a deal breaker. They wanted to quicken the pace of the game and it was completely worth it. Adding new powerups, enemies and Yoshi really changed the game up for the better. But storywise,hubworld wise and music wise this game fell flat compared to the first game. But it's the better overall better GAME wise. Galaxy 1 still remains the better full package though. Expand
  59. Oct 14, 2017
    Like Super Mario Galaxy, the game is entertaining. I positively like it because it is great and fun. I'm not playing a game unlike this awesome game. It is more fun than Super Mario Galaxy 1.
  60. Oct 13, 2017
    This game is perfect. Nintendo took the Mario formula, and perfected it in every way possible. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is by far the best Mario game in history. I wish I could give this game an 11, but a 10 will have to suffice. This game is truly Nintendo's magnum opus, and nothing else can compare. It. Is. PERFECT.
  61. Sep 5, 2017
    This is the best game of all time!

Yes! It's that good!

Why?

+The idea of mario and yoshi going to a bunch of planets is amazing.

+The way Bowser kidnaps Peach is fresh cuz we didn't see such a thing before,

+This game has awesome boss fights.

+Creative power-ups... That's all I need to say.

+ there are way more positives but do I need to say them all?
  62. Sep 3, 2017
    I've only played this a couple of times and i never finished it but I came close but I can say it's amazing! The levels, the addition of Yoshi, the music, the bosses, the enemies, and much more! Phenomenal game!
  63. Rgc
    Jul 4, 2017
    I'm going to make it very brief, it's the best video game of mario and patlaformas since the super mario 64.
    Its innovation explains how amazing Nintendo is. The awesome gameplay in this game and the past, the new powers of Mario and the return of Yoshi. The soundtrack is perfect and beautiful.
    In the end, I do not say more since most, if not all, who see this will have played or seen some video.
  64. Jun 29, 2017
    Galaxy 2 improves in many ways from its majestic predecessor. In this sequel, the galaxies are very creative, each one offering at least two challenging missions, as well as the hardest level in the series (The Perfect Run). The soundtrack is among Nintendo's greatest. The difficulty is decently high, but not frustrating most of the time, making the game more enjoyable. Unlocking the GreenGalaxy 2 improves in many ways from its majestic predecessor. In this sequel, the galaxies are very creative, each one offering at least two challenging missions, as well as the hardest level in the series (The Perfect Run). The soundtrack is among Nintendo's greatest. The difficulty is decently high, but not frustrating most of the time, making the game more enjoyable. Unlocking the Green Star challenge adds so much more to the game by making you collect all 120 green stars scattered across the universe. But like every game, SMG 2 has its flaws. The story isn't as developed as the one of the first game. In terms of mechanics, it adds nothing. And the final boss was just way too easy despite its epic atmosphere. But this flaws barely even affect Mario's greatest adventure. It's a very enjoyable experience every Mario fan must experience. But let me remark one thing: Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the end of Mario's legendary games, and started the franchise's downfall. Expand
  65. Jun 17, 2017
    This game takes every good about Super Mario Galaxy 1 and makes it better in pretty much every way it could. By far one of, if not the best game ever created.
  66. May 26, 2017
    I remember the day I saw the ad for SMG2. I was planning to buy Brawl and Sonic Colors, but this made me instantly scarp both ideas and get this instead. And although I did get both games later, I never regret the decision of buying SMG2 that day. Fast forward seven years and I'm still playing this game and enjoying it like it's my first time. And it's right below SMG (which is myI remember the day I saw the ad for SMG2. I was planning to buy Brawl and Sonic Colors, but this made me instantly scarp both ideas and get this instead. And although I did get both games later, I never regret the decision of buying SMG2 that day. Fast forward seven years and I'm still playing this game and enjoying it like it's my first time. And it's right below SMG (which is my favorite game).

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (SMG2 for short) did everything the first game perfected and somehow made it better. It took all the smooth platforming, the spin, the planets and gravity and galaxies and added more unique aspects like the flip switches, Rock Mario and Cloud Mario, new and creative enemies and new enemy AI, and best of all Yoshi. Yoshi would regularly feel like a buff to Mario due to his increase flutter jump, ability to take out enemies at a range and 1ups from eating fruits, but his vulnerable and slightly uncontrollable nature seem to keep the game's difficulty the same as with Mario.

The game does have flaws, such as the dumb enemy AI sometimes and glitches of coins through the floor and whatnot, but the most notable are the new cosmic clones that are creative, but just poorly executed and don't feel right in some areas. Sometimes they're pointless, other times they make the game too hard. But the major complaint with them is the fact that there is no point to cosmic clones apart from creating an effect that we can't just go back and try again.

Overall, this game is 10/10 no doubt.
  67. May 18, 2017
    Muy merecida secuela que supera en todo los aspectos al original. Con unos gráficos y ambientaciones mas típicas de juegos de Mario los niveles se disfrutan y ya el nivel final tiene una dificultad que no se espera de un juego de Mario pero se agradece. Le pongo un 96/100
  68. May 16, 2017
    This game is the definition of a masterpiece. Just about everything in this game is perfect. The level design is the best I've ever seen for any platformer. The music is awe-inspiring and epic. But isn't afraid to be fun at the same time. And this game improves on everything from the last game. The hub world is also really memorable and I actually kind of like it more than the commitThis game is the definition of a masterpiece. Just about everything in this game is perfect. The level design is the best I've ever seen for any platformer. The music is awe-inspiring and epic. But isn't afraid to be fun at the same time. And this game improves on everything from the last game. The hub world is also really memorable and I actually kind of like it more than the commit observatory. This is a must play no matter who you are. PS the gameplay is also stunning and responsive. Expand
  69. Apr 17, 2017
    This game fixed all the minor problems from the original to create a fresh experience that absolutely blew the first out of the water. With tons of fresh new galaxies and worlds to go to this game will keep anyone who was hooked on the original to turn it off and play this instead. This is by far and large the definitive greatest 3D Mario game ever, and Nintendo will be hard pressed toThis game fixed all the minor problems from the original to create a fresh experience that absolutely blew the first out of the water. With tons of fresh new galaxies and worlds to go to this game will keep anyone who was hooked on the original to turn it off and play this instead. This is by far and large the definitive greatest 3D Mario game ever, and Nintendo will be hard pressed to ever make a better one. Expand
  70. Apr 8, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even better than the first one. It's the true pinnacle to all the 3D Mario games in general. It's one of the best video game sequels ever made. The story is a lot less epic but a lot more heartfelt and adventurous, excellent gameplay, solid controls, well-crafted graphics and designs, new power-ups to use, bringing back the addition of Yoshi but with new gameplaySuper Mario Galaxy 2 is even better than the first one. It's the true pinnacle to all the 3D Mario games in general. It's one of the best video game sequels ever made. The story is a lot less epic but a lot more heartfelt and adventurous, excellent gameplay, solid controls, well-crafted graphics and designs, new power-ups to use, bringing back the addition of Yoshi but with new gameplay mechanics, brilliant music and a perfectly balanced difficulty. If you love the first Mario Galaxy game so much, you would love this game even more. This is a must-own for your Nintendo Wii library. I gave it the same score as the first one, a 10 out of 10. Expand
  71. Mar 25, 2017
    Even though I didn't like this game as much as the first Mario Galaxy, it Blew me away! (Get it? Gusty garden?) beautiful graphics for a wii game, awesome soundtrack, anti- gravity mechanics, good story, great gameplay, and the overall ideal concept of the game made me ADORE it so much, great game, Nintendo, 10/10!!
  72. Mar 12, 2017
    Thanks Nintendo for replacing the amazing comet observatory with a boring and small Mario head... Literally. Thank you for practically removing Rosalina throughout the whole game. Thank you for making a 3D Mario that wasn't a sandbox, so if you're stuck or don't like the galaxy guess what? You have to put up with it. Thank you for adding Yoshi and only putting him in five levels. Thank youThanks Nintendo for replacing the amazing comet observatory with a boring and small Mario head... Literally. Thank you for practically removing Rosalina throughout the whole game. Thank you for making a 3D Mario that wasn't a sandbox, so if you're stuck or don't like the galaxy guess what? You have to put up with it. Thank you for adding Yoshi and only putting him in five levels. Thank you for making a game that had too many ideas to be a DLC but not enough to be a game. thank you for ruining Mario galaxy. Expand
  73. Mar 12, 2017
    A disappointing sequel to one of the best games ever made. The comet amazing observatory is replaced by a boring and small Mario Head (literally...), the worlds are organised in a Super Mario Bros style instead of a sandbox, which is definitely not the best approach for a 3D Mario. Rosalina, one of my favorite characters from the Mario franchise, has been replaced by a fat, ugly, purpleA disappointing sequel to one of the best games ever made. The comet amazing observatory is replaced by a boring and small Mario Head (literally...), the worlds are organised in a Super Mario Bros style instead of a sandbox, which is definitely not the best approach for a 3D Mario. Rosalina, one of my favorite characters from the Mario franchise, has been replaced by a fat, ugly, purple luma (at least I think it's a luma...). The boss fights are boring, which is a huge letdown compared to the first game. The only thing that has been added is Yoshi, but you can only use him for 5 levels and it's even that fun. And what's more you can't redo the game as Luigi, what's the point of unlocking him once you've already finished the game? Expand
  74. Feb 28, 2017
    Curse you SMG2 that I simply don't even this Game maybe because the first one wasn't that bad but the second is stupid Why! Why! Why is this game so popular!!!!!!
  75. Feb 17, 2017
    Worst 3D Mario game by far. I love all the 3D mario games except for this one, and here's why.

Too Many Bosses - No one plays Mario games for the bosses, and this game has more bosses than any other. They all kind of play like the Mario 64 bosses (King Bob-omb and Thwomp) where you have to figure out a trick to kill them. Mario is about platforming, with maybe a boss or water level thrown in every now and then to mix it up. This game feels like 25% bosses. Boring!

Stupid Mini-Games - There are a lot of mini-games where there are a set number of enemies and you have to kill before the time runs out. Or you have to destroy a bunch of boxes with fireballs before the time runs out. Or ice skate around a small square and run into enemies. These stars are just 100% boring filler. Less fun than a Mario Party mini-game to be honest. With these stars + the boss stars, the game drags.

Gimmicky power-ups - These are less bad than the above-mentioned things, but with everything else it just adds more tediousness. For example, take the Drill power-up that lets you drill through planets to the other side. It's kind of fun to use I guess, but it completely changes the gameplay from a Mario game to some kind of weird mini-game where you drill through stuff. It makes several of the levels feel gimmicky, and with the bosses and mini-game stars it starts to make the game feel like it's all gimmicks and no Mario gameplay. Some of the power-ups are fine, but generally I start to feel like I'm playing a Mario Party game with bad mini-games.

Using Yoshi's Tongue and Fireballs Does Not Feel Tactile And Good - When I have Yoshi I just want to jump around and press B to stick out his tongue in random directions and grab stuff. Do I really need to point my wiimote at enemies to do it? Imagine if in Mario World you couldn't jump around and press B randomly, but had to point a wiimote at each enemy you wanted to eat. And there was no way to stick out your tongue otherwise. It might improve your accuracy, but the tactile feel of just moving around and aiming your tongue is more fun and feels more responsive. The fireballs are similar, I just want to press B, not shake the remote to use it. Both of these "items" (Yoshi and Fireballs) are just two more gimmicky things that turn a level into a gimmicky mini-game. Super Mario 3D world has showed us that this game would have been fiine if tapping B to aim fireballs (or even a yoshi tongue) in 3D works great and feels more Mario-ey and feels tactile.

Too Much Time Wasted In Animations - It takes 1-2 minutes after getting a star to get back into a level. There's the animation of getting the star, going back to the ship, showing your star stats, walking to the switch to active the ship, going back to the map and moving your ship across it, selecting the star, then mario being shot onto the world to start the level. It gets boring when I'm spending half my time watching this stuff. Then when I get to a star and find out it's some dumb mini-game or gimmick I'm so frustrated. I watched a speedrun of this game for a charity event recently (AGDQ) and there was more downtime for the announcer to read donation messages than any other game I've seen. And it was a speedrun! Usually speedruns have constant information and gameplay but there was so much downtime. Also there will often be two or three times in a level where you waste 10-15 seconds talking to a little star guy, watch him turn into a star shooter portal thing, then jump and shake your remote, then watch mario shoot all the way to another planet. Imagine if you were playing Mario for NES and 1/3rd of the way through every level the game just paused for 12 seconds to make a star portal. It would drive you insane!

Too Easy - Usually your reward for finally getting into a level is that you easily trot through it and get the star. Nobody likes when a Mario game is too easy. I remember people complained about Super Mario Bros. Wii for that (I think it was that one.) We play games to challenge our minds, so when a game is too easy it just feels like a waste of time. No other 3D mario game has this problem.

2D Levels Use Up More Space In This 3D Mario Game - Let me be clear, I like the 2D levels. They're good. But in a game with precious little 3D mario platforming that isn't gimmicky, the 2D levels just kind of use up space that could be used on 3D Mario levels.

In the end, this game feels like it was made by the Mario Party team and it's just a bunch of gimmicky levels that play like mini-games. Between all the power-ups, bosses, yoshis, 2d levels, mini-games, and other gimmicks you rarely get to have some normal 3D mario gameplay. I just want to run around as Mario and try to beat a level from start to finish without being turned into some non-mario object, or playing a stupid mini-game, or playing some other 2d mario game, or fighting King Bob-omb 9.0. Ahhh!!!
  76. Dec 24, 2016
    The first game is one of the greatest masterpieces in the entire video game industry. This however, is an average sequel. It has none of the magic that made the first game great, straight up copies huge elements from the first game without adding anything that substantially changes the gameplay. This should have been released as an expansion, it doesn't deserve to be called a full sequel at all.
  77. Dec 19, 2016
    My first game of mario, the best of ever, never I have play a one of this on my life and when I played I was feeling happy for inside, I am remember the bosses in each world. I want other mario Which this
  78. Dec 11, 2016
    It's a masterpiece from every points! A must play for every Wii/Wii u owner! The game is gorgeous and got alot of variety in terms of level design. Technically speaking, It's look damn good too ( even in 2016!). there is alot of great idea in the levels that make them fun. the orchestral music is superb! I love it! A sequel that doesn't change too much, but add more to the experience. NotIt's a masterpiece from every points! A must play for every Wii/Wii u owner! The game is gorgeous and got alot of variety in terms of level design. Technically speaking, It's look damn good too ( even in 2016!). there is alot of great idea in the levels that make them fun. the orchestral music is superb! I love it! A sequel that doesn't change too much, but add more to the experience. Not too hard to finish the main stars, but very hard to 100%. A lot of content as well. Very good replayability. Expand
  79. Sep 20, 2016
    Basically Super Mario Galaxy 1.5. It doesn't mean the game isn't fantastic, though, since it improves on the formula that made the first game one of the best videogames of all time.
  80. Aug 30, 2016
    I almost can't find the words to describe this game. It has spectacular level design, top-notch gameplay, and hours upon hours of fun to be had. Improving on the original in every conceivable way, from the graphics to the addition of Yoshi, this is the best Wii game out there, and my personal favourite Mario game. I would certainly recommend this for Wii owners and or for the VirtualI almost can't find the words to describe this game. It has spectacular level design, top-notch gameplay, and hours upon hours of fun to be had. Improving on the original in every conceivable way, from the graphics to the addition of Yoshi, this is the best Wii game out there, and my personal favourite Mario game. I would certainly recommend this for Wii owners and or for the Virtual Console on the Wii U. Expand
  81. Aug 22, 2016
    Não gostei do jogo, achei muito chato, para mim mario acabou no 2 japones, e a serie galaxy eu nao gostei tambem, o jogo é bonito e vejo que muitos gostaram, mas eu nao gostei, achei enjoativo
  82. Aug 19, 2016
    A sequel to the excellent "Super Mario Galaxy" is practically necessary. However I was ashamed on Nintendo for making it as if the first game never existed. That's right! Mario doesn't remember the Baby Luma or Rosalina! And as another disappointment, the game itself is actually quite short. Pretty much any level in the game is really easy, and you only need 70 stars to complete the game.A sequel to the excellent "Super Mario Galaxy" is practically necessary. However I was ashamed on Nintendo for making it as if the first game never existed. That's right! Mario doesn't remember the Baby Luma or Rosalina! And as another disappointment, the game itself is actually quite short. Pretty much any level in the game is really easy, and you only need 70 stars to complete the game. It also feels a lot more like a "New Super Mario Bros." because the story is basically the same, and there's aspects like World Maps and Giant Bowser Battles that make the once unique "Super Mario Galaxy" seem more like a NSMB with space.

That's not to say that it has it's perks though. Levels that involve Yoshi are a lot of fun and can be challenging. And power-ups like the Rock Mushroom or the Cloud Flower are also fun to use. But other power-ups like the Boo Mushroom are scarce in the game. the Ice Flower and Red Star are not present here either. However if there's one thing SMG2 does better than it's predecessor, it's the multiplayer. Multiplayer allows the second player to be a Luma, and becomes a lot more useful.

To sum it up, SMG2 has gotten the NSMB syndrome. But with it's multiplayer function and new levels to play, it's still a decent game. Hopefully Super Mario Galaxy 3 can do better
  83. Jul 29, 2016
    While the game surely is fun, it fails to reach the high standard set by the first game. With no deeper meanings and story, this game takes away everything that made Super Mario Galaxy shine. Don't expect epic endings or beginnings, storybooks or places with a backstory.

That being said, the level designs are still quite okay, while a little too easy. Classic levels are featured, but they have been made easier (one of the game's biggest failures). The boss fights are a spot-on, the very best part of the game. Apart from the final boss fight. That was a joke.
  84. Jul 16, 2016
    I love smg1 but the 2nd one is better cause it has better levels, more variety, good storyline, amazing platforming, graphics, and gameplay, This game is amazing.
  85. Jun 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is basically Super Mario Galaxy with Yoshi,a few new power-ups, and twice as many stars to collect.But it was still insanely fun and well worth the price.However,the green stars hold it back from being better than the original,since they were just hidden away in every galaxy in the game.You're not really accomplishing anything new,and it felt a lot like excessive padding. Expand
  86. May 15, 2016
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is good continue for Super Mario Galaxy . Super Mario Galaxy 2 even better than Super Mario Galaxy . In Super Mario Galaxy 2 graphics even better than graphics in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 has got very very very good storyline . This is amazing storyline and this game has got awesome gameplay . Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game on Mario Series andSuper Mario Galaxy 2 is good continue for Super Mario Galaxy . Super Mario Galaxy 2 even better than Super Mario Galaxy . In Super Mario Galaxy 2 graphics even better than graphics in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 has got very very very good storyline . This is amazing storyline and this game has got awesome gameplay . Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game on Mario Series and one of the best game on Wii . 9/10 . Expand
  87. May 15, 2016
    Старая добрая Super Mario Galaxy. Новые, всё так же красивые локации, немного новых пауэр апов и конечно же Yoshi делают игру очень разнообразной! Конечно же здесь реже используется стратегия разбивания стекла с помощью пули Билла и некоторые другие интересные плюшки первой части - но это нисколько не портит игру. Поиграть должен каждый!Старая добрая Super Mario Galaxy. Новые, всё так же красивые локации, немного новых пауэр апов и конечно же Yoshi делают игру очень разнообразной! Конечно же здесь реже используется стратегия разбивания стекла с помощью пули Билла и некоторые другие интересные плюшки первой части - но это нисколько не портит игру. Поиграть должен каждый!
  88. May 15, 2016
    And there we have wonderful siquel after awesome Super Mario Galaxy. I must say, this game can be better by first part, because where is map, how in SMB3 and much better levels. Actually and 1 and 2 parts - awesomes)) I don't know what still say)
  89. May 13, 2016
    This is my favorite game of all time. It is truly amazing how the level design is and this game is so close to perfect that every game should play it. Any of the levels could compose the best part of any other game.
  90. May 10, 2016
    this game is awesome too, graphics are exellent, music too, level design, but the story isnt better than the first super mario galaxy, the powerups are better, 100% recommended
  91. May 3, 2016
    This game is lots of fun for kids and adults to play! The fact it is mostly single-player have pros and cons to them, but it is still amazing! The game-play is fun and unique, and the amount of times you want to repeat the levels in the galaxies is endless! The graphics were amazing, and game looked fresh. The type of music you hear in hear make it feel like virtual reality, and theThis game is lots of fun for kids and adults to play! The fact it is mostly single-player have pros and cons to them, but it is still amazing! The game-play is fun and unique, and the amount of times you want to repeat the levels in the galaxies is endless! The graphics were amazing, and game looked fresh. The type of music you hear in hear make it feel like virtual reality, and the immense detail put into every level is astonishing! The game is long, but not too lengthy, allowing you to play it over again! All-in-all, a phenomenal game! Expand
  92. Apr 27, 2016
    Bueno para mi este es el mejor juego de wii.Me encanta lo de la camara y la jugabilidad son perfectas y que hablar de niveles y musica dios mio.Niveles variadisimos y musica espectacular
  93. Apr 15, 2016
    Over time, I've come to like this game. My original review was very negative. However, this game is rather enjoyable now. The graphics are amazing, even in 2016, the soundtrack has grown on me, and since Galaxy 1's difficulty was low, they made this one of the more challenging Mario games. The only thing I don't like about the game is how similar it is to Galaxy 1. But I still recommend itOver time, I've come to like this game. My original review was very negative. However, this game is rather enjoyable now. The graphics are amazing, even in 2016, the soundtrack has grown on me, and since Galaxy 1's difficulty was low, they made this one of the more challenging Mario games. The only thing I don't like about the game is how similar it is to Galaxy 1. But I still recommend it to hardcore Mario fans. Expand
  94. Apr 9, 2016
    This game should be a Nintendo Selects. The 3D is less dizzying and the main theme is majestic. Super Mario 2 is one of the best games for Wii, and this game should really deserve a sequel in the Nintendo NX.
  95. Mar 5, 2016
    It's just amazing how this game's just better than the first (and the first was really good). It's not very different from the first one, but it has all the potential, and did all the corrections that had to be done. Amazing playing experience, with an incredibly heart-touching music, visuals are beautiful, and it's so fluid you will not believe is a wii game. If you have a wii and youIt's just amazing how this game's just better than the first (and the first was really good). It's not very different from the first one, but it has all the potential, and did all the corrections that had to be done. Amazing playing experience, with an incredibly heart-touching music, visuals are beautiful, and it's so fluid you will not believe is a wii game. If you have a wii and you haven't played this, what are you waiting for? Expand
  96. Mar 1, 2016
    This game takes the masterpiece that is Super Mario Galaxy, and builds on it. The most notable addition is Yoshi, as well as many new power-ups, the best of which is the cloud flower, allowing Mario to create 3 cloud platforms when he spin jumps. On top of this, most of the classic items from Galaxy 1, including the bee and spring mushrooms, return in a few levels.
    One of the best new
    One of the best new features of the game is hidden collectibles. Firstly, each galaxy has a comet medal, which must be collected to unlock a prankster comet at another galaxy (which work similarly to in Galaxy 1). This gives exploration more of a purpose than it had in the previous game. There are also the green stars, unlocked after collecting all of the normal stars in the game. These allow you to replay levels searching for these stars. While many are not too hard to locate and collect, they add to the game's length and provide a fun challenge. 2-player costar mode. As well as collecting star bits and stunning enemies, as before, the second player can now actually defeat enemies, making it a much more enjoyable experience for the second player.
    Despite this, I still prefer the original game over this. The soundtrack, while good, is no match for Galaxy 1's, and I feel that the level design is not as good in this game. Again, it is still very good, however, Galaxy 2 has too many 2D sections, which often feel out of place in a game that should be about exploration and an open world.
    In short, this game is amazing and definitely worth playing if you haven't already; it doesn't quite match up to the brilliance of the original game, but is a worthy sequel nonetheless.
  97. Feb 21, 2016
    ai esta ele, o melhor jogo de plataforma do mundo. SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2, nossa curti muito esse jogo, ele tem tudo de bom. ótima história, telas criativas, ótimos poderes, linda trilha sonora, os melhores gráficos que eu já vi no wii. simplesmente excelente. Nintendo por favor. lance o 3 pro wii u.
  98. Feb 7, 2016
    This game,is the best game of the wii,and for good reason.the levels are fantastic.the replay value is phenomenal.yoshi.Old music maked a return in the game.in my opinion.this should have been the 25th anniversary.The galaxy are considered the best wii games,and galaxy is the best game of the wii
  99. Feb 5, 2016
    One of the best games I have ever play Amazing graphics awesome controls and awesome gameplay and some of the best level design I have seen in a Mario game and the bosses are delicious (amazing) and the difficulty balancing is perfect the best Mario game The only problem I have with the game is the story but other than that it is perfect
  100. Jan 27, 2016
    Super Mario Galaxy was a good game, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a great game. What makes this game so great is that it can only work on the Wii. This is by far the best plat former since Super Mario 64

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.