9.0

1. Jul 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was the first video game to ever truly encapsulate me. I first got this game, along with its sequel when I was around the age of 7. The passion this game has all over it is simply breathtaking. Every galaxy, boss fight, mechanic, and song has so much detail and care put into it. The game is a blast the whole way through. I have never had a game since that is fun the whole way through. I love the sequel but their is just something so creative and new about this that blows me away with ever galaxy I travel to.

The Good- The story for this game is small but it’s perfect for a Mario story. Rosalina’s storybook is great and it’s optional so if your not into that stuff it’s not necessary. The level design is fantastic. It’s always introducing new ideas and mechanics, pushing it to it limits, and then before it gets stale it is pushed aside for new mechanics. Later sometimes even combining old mechanics with new ones. The hub is a fantastic way to travel from level to level while unlocking more as you go. Mario’s movement is just as great as it ever has been, and the spin jump with the wii remote has never been a problem for me and always worked great. The bosses are as creative as ever and maybe the best in the series. For example, their is a boss where you fight a giant shark that’s shooting shark missiles at you and kill it by throwing turtle shells at it. Also, there’s one where you climb up a giant robot and use bullet bills to take it down.

The Bad- I have very few problems with this game at all. For one, getting from level to level can take about 1 to 2 minutes before you actually can start playing. The power ups are great but I wish their were more (fixed in the sequel). Some of the levels based on motion controls can be terrible to control which made some levels a pain to get through.

Overall, after recently replaying this game 7 years later after the first time I played it, the game is still a masterpiece. This game has been the most important game I’ve played ever and it will probably remain that way for the rest of my life. I’ve had so many memories of this game etched into my brain. It’s a game that is just plain fun and the core ideas of this game is how I judge ever other game. This game is an adventure that I would love to revisit a thousand times over.
  2. Jul 3, 2019
    Mario Galaxy is still my favourite game out there, and still holds up 12 years later. Nintendo really built this game to last.

Mario Galaxy is an incredibly unique experience in the Mario series, with not even its sequel nailing the dramatic (and sometimes gloomy) tone and atmosphere that it portrayed. The storybook available in the library, and the depressing ending both serve as shining examples of the feelings Nintendo poured into the typical Mario story. These feelings are very expertly delivered through the gorgeous visuals and soundtrack, that juggle both iconic music from Mario's past, and new tracks which have quickly become fan favorites.

Mario admittedly has significantly less moves to work with, but the levels are designed in such a way that they wouldn't really be that helpful. Motion controls are present, but they very never require the precision or speed of a game like Skyward Sword. Unlike its sequel, most of the levels in Mario Galaxy 1 are very memorable, with some stand-outs being Toy Time, Gusty Garden, and Buoy Base. Missions are quick, and rather easy by 3D Mario standards, making Mario Galaxy a pretty calming game. The reward for 100% completion is pretty lame, as per 3D Mario standards, but the fun of playing it is enough for me.
  3. Jun 28, 2019
    There are many reasons why this is my favorite game of all time the graphics still hold up to this day, the galaxy’s are amazing with some of the best level design I’ve ever seen, the so called sphere walking is one of my favorite things Nintendo has ever done (since I’ve always liked messing around with physics in games) and with probably the best Mario story ever (outside of the rpg’s).There are many reasons why this is my favorite game of all time the graphics still hold up to this day, the galaxy’s are amazing with some of the best level design I’ve ever seen, the so called sphere walking is one of my favorite things Nintendo has ever done (since I’ve always liked messing around with physics in games) and with probably the best Mario story ever (outside of the rpg’s). This is one of those games that I can booth up anytime and have a blast. Anyone who has a wii or Wii U should play this game it’s that good. Expand
  4. Jun 25, 2019
    A breathtaking, innovating Mario adventure that can keep you hours and hours of fun, whit a really nice level desing and cool refresh to the Mario series.
  5. Jun 12, 2019
    Super mario galaxy is an amazing game with high quality gameplay and a great story for a mario game
  6. Jun 5, 2019
    Excellent. Great platforming. Truly epic. The music is amazing. It's cheapish. If you have a Wii or wii u, this is a must have
  7. May 5, 2019
    Wow just wow. From the moment I saw this game I KNEW it was going to be the best game of all time.
    I played it in 2018 almost 11 years after its release AND IT DIDN'T DISAPPOINT!
    I've played a lot of games that i had huge expectations for but then got disappointed of them but SMG really wasn't that game. Nintendo always seem to innovate what the competitors did or do something that no
    I played it in 2018 almost 11 years after its release AND IT DIDN'T DISAPPOINT!
    Nintendo always seem to innovate what the competitors did or do something that no one else did
    in 2005 when the 7th generation of consoles began games tried to look realistic, but they always failed to impress me. They always had these brown washed out colors and it looked dull. The wii was a joke in terms of graphics, yet somehow I feel that this is one of the best looking 7th gen games even if it's not in hd. Super Mario Galaxy is inded the best mario game ever BETTER THAN ODDYESSY !!!. The level design is a very unique one. Planets and gravity may seem a bit odd for a mario game but it works so well. I'll be honest anti-gravity isn't my favorite thing in games. it feels useless, yet somehow I LOVE gravity in this game.Whenever I play this game I always feel like I'm playing a remastered version of sm64. The levels feel so alive they don't feel just like a bunch of obstical courses (something that nowadays mario feels like). The controls are perfect.Motion controls have always confused me. Most of the times they felt like a bad replacement of the actual controller. For me motion controls have to an addition to the controls, something that can't be done with a regular controller.Super Mario Galaxy uses motion controls in a different way. Instead of replacing mario's controls it adds to the gameplay The spin is an awesome edition to mario's movement, but not only that but the cursor that collects star-bits. Now THAT is something that a regular controller can't do (a mouse can do it to but eh). The music is Beyond amazing.
    Like it's probably the best ost ever I'm not joking. There is this combination of orchestral and synthesized music and it's sooooo GUUUUD! This game is just so Brilliant it's not PERFECT but it's rather Phenomenal. This is not only my favorite mario game, but game period .
    If someone ever tells you that video games aren't art and are just a waste of time show them Super Mario galaxy
  8. Apr 23, 2019
    I don't know what to say about this game that hasn't been said already. This is the best 3D Mario game of all time. No hyperbole, I'm serious. Every aspect of this game is perfect (or almost perfect).
  9. Apr 20, 2019
    Super Mario Galaxy - the best games of all time.
    1. Graphics. The graphics are fantastic! I don't really care about the graphics, but they're good.
    2. Gameplay. Most of the things are from Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine. So if you like those games, you might like this game too!
  10. Apr 17, 2019
    I think this is one of the best Mario games there is, and one of the best Wii games too. Everyone should have this game.
  11. Apr 14, 2019
    This game is just beautiful, amazing, and was and still is one of the greatest of all time.
  12. Apr 13, 2019
    [OBJECTIVE QUALITY REVIEW] The controls with the planetary movement just had little if any heart put into them - they simply don't work well when upside down. They should just keep moving in the same direction when GOING upside down and then work 'normally' when ALREADY upside down. Also, the graphics, despite looking realistic, and admittedly even more so than Odyssey's, aren't the best[OBJECTIVE QUALITY REVIEW] The controls with the planetary movement just had little if any heart put into them - they simply don't work well when upside down. They should just keep moving in the same direction when GOING upside down and then work 'normally' when ALREADY upside down. Also, the graphics, despite looking realistic, and admittedly even more so than Odyssey's, aren't the best either. Also, and especially considering the aforementioned controls, some challenges of the galaxies in the game are punishing, rather than difficult - because they either require unnecessary amounts of precision, or just simple leave you with no real choice or direction on how to deal with them, at least not right-off-the-bat. Overall, as a result of all of this, the only real reason to get engaged in this game in the long run is completing the main game - the post-game is just boring, tedious, and frustrating to deal with as a whole. Fans that rate this game high should try out other galaxy-style games and compare them, and maybe they'll find the latter objectively better than the former. What a shame. Expand
  13. Apr 12, 2019
    This is arguably the greatest Mario games ever created and best Wii game (in my opinion at least).
  14. Mar 25, 2019
    Super Mario galaxy is one of the greatest games of all time and deserves this score. It has a perfect Mario story, and has great level design, with everything about this game being jaw dropping and fun. This is one of my favorite games of all time, and my favorite Mario game too.
  15. Mar 20, 2019
    after not being that interested in video games for a few years, I finally bought a Wii in Feb. 2011 to see what all the fuss was about, and one of the games I bought with it was this one.

and oh man.. it's hard to explain the pure joy, magic and sense of bliss I felt after a few hours into it. it was the perfect experience for someone like me, it just made me feel like a kid again when playing those wonderful platformer/adventure games of the 90's, like SuperMario 64, BanjoKazooie etc.

this is Nintendo at their absolute finest, and one of the finest games ever created in my opinion. the music, the visuals, the fun-factor, the sense of discovery.. wow, I miss the feeling playing this game for the first time. simply amazing!
  16. Feb 26, 2019
    Amazing gameplay, soundtrack, and very interesting levels. One of the most creative Mario games and the second best 3D Mario game, only beaten by Galaxy 2. The controls feel so solid and feel great to use. The story also feels very cinematic, which is quite different for Mario. Hours of pure fun. 9.5/10
  17. Feb 25, 2019
    This game is a masterpiece. It perfectly excecutes the Mario 3D platforming games we all love, with revolutionary game design and features that top it off over all other Mario titles and videogames titles for me.
  18. Feb 25, 2019
    Bar none THE BEST mario game out there. To start, the spin jump is extremely satisfying to use, and blends with its new and innovative level design seamlessly. The new power-ups such as the ice flower, spring, and red star are extremely fun, and are applied very well. Although I certainly wish the red star was used more often. This game has some of the best level design of any mario game,Bar none THE BEST mario game out there. To start, the spin jump is extremely satisfying to use, and blends with its new and innovative level design seamlessly. The new power-ups such as the ice flower, spring, and red star are extremely fun, and are applied very well. Although I certainly wish the red star was used more often. This game has some of the best level design of any mario game, and some of the best music in the series. If you're looking for a great mario game for a great (and uncostly) console, this is it. 10/10 Expand
  19. Feb 17, 2019
    Gameplay/Mechanics: 9.5
    Sound/Music: 10
    Graphics/Art: 10
    Design/Atmosphere: 9.5
    OVERALL: 9.7/10
  20. Feb 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super Mario Galaxy is a great game, and we all know that by now. The graphics weren't the best, but the music made up for it by being so freakishly catchy. Same story as always though. Peach gets captured by Bowser and it's Mario's job to save her. Collect all stars to do the whole thing again with Luigi; I'm at 118 right now; Luigi's Purple Coins is too hard. Eventually you'll get all stars with Luigi as well. What do you get? The Grand Finale Galaxy. Purple coins for days!!! Your welcome for spoiling the game for you, people who haven't played the game yet. Expand
  21. Feb 11, 2019
    Super Mario Galaxy is the perfection of the 3D platformer genre. Although many try to state that it is inferior to Super Mario 64 or even Super Mario Sunshine (the former argument is far more common), Galaxy finds the perfect balance between open-world and linear level design.

Unlike Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, Galaxy does not offer its player complete freedom. Many galaxies let you explore whilst others force you in a linear path from area to area. Unlike many 2D Mario games, as well as Super Mario 3D World, Galaxy is not a game that forces you to go EXACTLY where you are supposed to. There are plenty of secrets in the world, some easier than others to find, and the only way to find said secrets is to venture off the path.

Mario feels great to control and motion controls do not detract from this game, unlike many experiences on the Wii. Shaking the Wii remote mid air gives the player an extra method of controlling their jump —and sometimes alter the world around them. Jumping feels satisfying and the camera control is actually really good 95% of the time.

Level design is phenomenal with galaxies feeling distinct and the bigger galaxies feeling drastically different from one another. The setting of space is also heavily utilized with black holes, planetoids, and stars all being utilized in the game, usually in exciting and scientifically inaccurate ways. Levels are not just the large areas of 64 and Sunshine, but also not the straight path offered by more linear Mario games. Instead this game hits the perfect balance of exploration and progression.

Galaxy stands the test of time and is far more fun to control than either Sunshine or 64. In addition to its high quality level design this factor has led to the formation of the opinion that Galaxy is the supreme 3D Mario experience and a must play for anyone.
  22. Jan 28, 2019
    I played this game as a kid and I had a ton of great memories! 10/10!!!
    Fantastic music, stages, and just a great adventure. Play it yourself and you will have fun. Hopefully this is helpful!
  23. Jan 27, 2019
    A quintessential Wii game by all means. Graphics still hold up well, controls are sharp and responsive (unless your controller is as old as your mother), and every level is interesting and mostly unique.
    If you own a Wii you legally have to own Mario Galaxy, that's the law.
  24. Jan 17, 2019
    There's no perfect game, but there are masterpieces and this game is absolutely a masterpiece. It's by so far (with galaxy 2) the funniest and most epic mario game I have ever play. Music is absolutely amazing, levels are creative and well designed, controls are smooth, bosses are well designed an amazing to fight with. I don't understand the negatives that other people score (haters IThere's no perfect game, but there are masterpieces and this game is absolutely a masterpiece. It's by so far (with galaxy 2) the funniest and most epic mario game I have ever play. Music is absolutely amazing, levels are creative and well designed, controls are smooth, bosses are well designed an amazing to fight with. I don't understand the negatives that other people score (haters I suppose). The only bad part I identify is that this game should not be that easy and a longer version should be better. Best mario game by far for me. Expand
  25. Dec 24, 2018
    It's been 11 years, I cannot get over how amazing this game is still. It was a right step in the direction for Mario games which, eventually, led to the inspiration of Mario Odyssey. This game is worth every penny and I guarantee you will not regret buying it, overall an amazing game and, in my personal opinion, the best Mario platformer at there at the current moment.
  26. Dec 13, 2018
    I'm actually playing it again after finishing Mario Odyssey. From the level design to the very core concept of the game, this is an absolute masterpiece.
  27. Dec 10, 2018
    This game has some new characters interesting boss battles, & peaceful/calm music/soundtrack!
  28. Dec 7, 2018
    This game is special. This world is so atmospheric and immersive. Such a gorgeous environment and universe, that brings back nostalgic feeling. Back in the day, I loved this atmosphere. Now that those memories are 10 years old, I feel that nostalgia. Back in the day, I lived in Brazil, and I didn't know the world around me. This game brought people together, and we would spend our nightsThis game is special. This world is so atmospheric and immersive. Such a gorgeous environment and universe, that brings back nostalgic feeling. Back in the day, I loved this atmosphere. Now that those memories are 10 years old, I feel that nostalgia. Back in the day, I lived in Brazil, and I didn't know the world around me. This game brought people together, and we would spend our nights in a bedroom, playing galaxy. This game is special, especially for me. This game was my comfort and my escape in Brazil. Expand
  29. Dec 6, 2018
    This is about as close as you can get to a perfect game. Controls are super tight and responsive. Graphics are beautiful for the Wii. Huge variety to levels. Challenging yet accessible at the same time. Pure concentrated joy. You can go hard after all 120 stars if you want a challenge, or just casually play through each world at your own pace.

The co-op mode is not great for an adult

The co-op mode is not great for an adult player, but it is perfect for children. The second player (or "co-star") uses the Wiimote only and can point at the screen to collect star bits and to grab enemies. Even small children get to help out and feel like they're actually doing something, and if they get distracted, it doesn't hold you back at all. Or if you have older children, they can control Mario and you can be their co-star.

Either way, this is quite possibly the best game I've ever played. But I haven't gotten to SMG2 yet!
  30. Dec 3, 2018
    My childhood video game. the planet concept is cool and the game is crazy fun. it would be nice if there were less tilt controls, but that is my only complaint. all the negative reviews are haters who can't see how good the game is through their Super Mario 64 nostalgia glasses. let's face it- mario has never had a plot, salty reviewers
  31. Nov 21, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nintendo did it again.I played the game like 3 times and I still want to play more.The game is fun and exciting.They basicly hit hard with this game being game of the year in 2007.It has good graphics and excellent gameplay for that age.For me wii remote fit perfectly in my hands and after 2 weeks of playing it i feel like a pro.Alot of world have good level design and good enemy's .The powerups are just fantastic and it felt good.I tottaly recomend this game for everyone.Just give it a try arledy Expand
  32. Nov 9, 2018
    Like Metacritic says, this game is a must play! This game was so innovative and it's also the only mario platformer where he actually is intimidating!
  33. Nov 1, 2018
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's full orchestral soundtrack that plays throughout you adventures across the cosmos is stunning to say the least. While it lacks an open world component such as in Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64, the story telling is pure quality to the point were you don't really care. The game also uses the Wii's motionSuper Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's full orchestral soundtrack that plays throughout you adventures across the cosmos is stunning to say the least. While it lacks an open world component such as in Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64, the story telling is pure quality to the point were you don't really care. The game also uses the Wii's motion controls to perfection, while it can be buggy at times, you can look past it. It's still a blast to play again in 2018 and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a memorable experience. Expand
  34. Oct 23, 2018
    This is single-handedly the greatest entry in most successful video-game franchise of all time. No amount of superlatives can be thrown upon this game and its sequel. Ambitious and rewarding, you simply need to play it.
  35. Oct 16, 2018
    One of the best games ever! This game is such a masterpiece, it has amazing graphics and the music is very good, it makes you feel a lot of things
  36. Oct 15, 2018
    Es ist das beste Spiel was ich je gesehen hab. Die Grafik ist für eine Wii sehr gut geworden. Die Aufgaben mit der Bewegungssteuerung wurden auch sehr gut umgesetzt .
  37. Oct 8, 2018
    A game that must be played. A truly magical experience that has left a mark on every player. Enchanting music, and a true, mystical journey. A Masterpiece.
  38. Sep 19, 2018
    This game is an absolute masterpiece. All parts of the game are great. YES ALL OF THEM. Graphics, music, gameplay, level design, game design, extras, all of it is perfection. Even the motion controls have aged pretty well in my opinion. This is a game I would recommend you get all 242 stars in
  39. Sep 8, 2018
    What Kind of Adventure?

Platforming Adventure Was it fun? No, it wasn’t. My friends were telling me how great this game was. So I borrowed it from one of them and at best I was content and mostly I was annoyed. Are there any similar games? It reminds me of a really poorly made, Super Mario 3D World. Favorite Character? No one. Would you play it again? I tried
    What Kind of Adventure?

Platforming Adventure

Was it fun?

Are there any similar games?

It reminds me of a really poorly made, Super Mario 3D World.

Favorite Character?

No one.

Would you play it again?

I tried this game twice and I had to stop both times.

Any Complaints?

I didn’t like the controls on the game and although there aren’t a lot. There are enough motion controls to be annoying. I didn’t like all the gravity changes and going upside down and all the camera angle changes. There’s a lot about this game that didn’t work for me.

How many hours did you play it?

I played this game for about 4 hours. I gave it a fair chance and just didn’t like it. I know its a popular game and I legitimately tried to like it but I just couldn’t.
  40. Sep 6, 2018
    Simplemente perfecto, los juegos en la consola Wii que estaban hechos especificamente para la simulación de movimiento fueron muy buenos, pero juegos que no se veían con la necesidad de incluirla fueron arruinados por llevar estos gestos con los mandos, pero Este juego increiblemente aprovecha todo lo que la consola puede dar con su poder y controles, dando una sensación natural y comoda,Simplemente perfecto, los juegos en la consola Wii que estaban hechos especificamente para la simulación de movimiento fueron muy buenos, pero juegos que no se veían con la necesidad de incluirla fueron arruinados por llevar estos gestos con los mandos, pero Este juego increiblemente aprovecha todo lo que la consola puede dar con su poder y controles, dando una sensación natural y comoda, aparte de todo esto, la relacion inovación, dificultad y diseño de nivel es increible, si no es lo mejor que existe en juego de plataformas, entonces es de los mejores, en mi opinión, año 2018 y este juego sigue siendo el mejor en el genero, Expand
  41. Aug 29, 2018
    This game is not only a great game, it's a good musical score, and it's a great artistic expression as well. Just make sure that you play game in your lifetime.
  42. Aug 19, 2018
    I absolutely love this game to the point where I have beaten it multiple times over, and it is still as fun as the first time I picked it up. The most defining points of the game is the music.
  43. JPK
    Aug 19, 2018
    Beautiful
    Super Mario Galaxy Is Incredible And Breathtaking With New Abilities And New Enemies For Mario To Kill.
  44. Aug 10, 2018
    A fun, over the top Mario game. What else could you ask for? I guess Yoshi, but he comes in part 2!
  45. Aug 8, 2018
    This game is literally the definition of my childhood. Some of my best memories are playing this game, I must have beaten it like 4 times.
  46. Jul 8, 2018
    First of all, let me start this review out my stating that I’m not a Nintendo fan boy in any way. I’m not biased towards Nintendo. But this game is my favorite video game of all time. I’m not gonna say everything I love about this game but here are just some. The music is so great I can listen to it all day and night. Ooh boy the final boss is great I could always play that. Wait... LUIGI,First of all, let me start this review out my stating that I’m not a Nintendo fan boy in any way. I’m not biased towards Nintendo. But this game is my favorite video game of all time. I’m not gonna say everything I love about this game but here are just some. The music is so great I can listen to it all day and night. Ooh boy the final boss is great I could always play that. Wait... LUIGI, wow that was a shocker. The story is so beautiful with Rosalina and the Lumas. And the start of the game, I’m not gonna say what happened but that got me so hyped to play the rest of the game. And the introduction of Mario’s spin jump is amazing. Wow, that was a lot of talking about this game. But now the part of the game that matters the... the galaxies. All of the galaxies were a blast to play with the beautiful music playing in the background. Seriously, the music is really great. If you come across any bad reviews, they just completely hate video games. Expand
  47. Jul 6, 2018
    Hermosos juego de plataformas, nunca me imagine que este juego pudiera ser corrido en la nintendo WII.
  48. Jul 5, 2018
    This is my favorite game of all time. This game, with the cinematics, atmosphere, music, and feel is amazing and you need to play this. This is one of few games that make you feel emotionally attached from what I played. 10/10
  49. Jun 21, 2018
    Mario found a new galaxies to play and explore. The Wii controller make it twice the fun. The best Wii game so far (before Super Mario Galaxy 2 pop up).
  50. Jun 21, 2018
    Super Mario Galaxy is beautiful in every way possible. Unique level design utilising gravity in new ways, incredible music, new and exciting boss fights, fun as hell puzzles, and the themes are really innovative. Nintendo should continue with innovating with the themes and worlds like this game.
  51. Jun 19, 2018
    Amazing game with fun gameplay and an incredible soundtrack. highly recommend.
  52. Jun 19, 2018
    This game is just a perfect game.
    Super Mario galaxy is just perfect.
    The music is just amazing. Best level design ever. Controls are just perfect. The bosses are so creative and fun. If you a Wii or wii u get this game. And luma is just really helpful. The hub world is just amazing with it’s amazing music. And the story is just so much better than other games. Because you learn
    This game is just a perfect game.
    Super Mario galaxy is just perfect.
    The music is just amazing.
    Best level design ever.
    Controls are just perfect.
    The bosses are so creative and fun.
    If you a Wii or wii u get this game.
    And luma is just really helpful.
    The hub world is just amazing with it’s amazing music.
    And the story is just so much better than other games.
    Because you learn about rosalina’s Backstory and her backstory is really amazing.
    Really Nintendo when are you making super Mario galaxy 3.
  53. Jun 16, 2018
    A fantastic 3D Mario game. Loved the Galaxy concept. Gameplay and graphics are amazing. A must-have Wii game.
  54. Jun 15, 2018
    This game showed me that some games can be art. I always played because they were but this game got me thinking that games can be art. And now whenever I listen to the game's goddamn soundtrack I makes me **** cry
  55. Jun 7, 2018
    Mario works best when he is whimsical After playing the extremely solid Mario Oddysey I wanted to look back at the last true epic Mario experience and this defiantly delivers. The only real flaws are dated graphics here and there and the Wii remote can sometimes lose your sense of immersion
  56. Jun 6, 2018
    Mario 3d platformers have now been around for more than 20 years. In 1996, we got our first experience with Mario in 3d (hell, basically our first experience with 3d console gaming in general) with Super Mario 64. The game was fantastic for the time and still is great today even though it hasn't held up too well thanks to the poorly designed N64 controller. 6 years later in 2002 we gotMario 3d platformers have now been around for more than 20 years. In 1996, we got our first experience with Mario in 3d (hell, basically our first experience with 3d console gaming in general) with Super Mario 64. The game was fantastic for the time and still is great today even though it hasn't held up too well thanks to the poorly designed N64 controller. 6 years later in 2002 we got Super Mario Sunshine, which was released to very mixed views. Some, like myself, thought it was a huge step up from Mario 64 in both controls and gameplay, but others found it massively inferior to Mario 64, though still good. But then in 2007, we got 3d platforming at its absolute finest.

Super Mario Galaxy is the single most well-designed, well-written, and perfectly controlling 3d platformer to ever come into existence. This game has without a doubt the most creativity of any Mario game to date, thanks to the anti-gravity mechanic and the huge supply of different worlds that can be played. Every level is something different and never feels a total drag or too difficult. But aside from the amazing gameplay, there is an amazing character known as Rosalina, who I believe is without a doubt the best Mario character ever introduced thanks to here having a great personality and design, and a fantastic backstory, unlike a certain other princess. A lot of people like to say that the second mario galaxy game is superior to this one in every way, but I completely disagree. This game was one of the most innovative and creative Mario games ever made, while galaxy 2 copied this games style and gameplay while only adding in a few new gameplay elements.

In conclusion, Super Mario Galaxy is the best experience you will ever have with a 3d platformer (and maybe even any Mario game), and it is definitely the Mario 3d platformer that has stood the test of time the best.
  57. Jun 1, 2018
    Super Mario Galaxy... A childhood game. It was very special because of the absolutely new type of gaming. The gravity that changed from small planets to great stars was revolutionary. But let's look at the game point by point.
    Super Mario Galaxy has got an fabulous graphic with awesome, different planet designs and galaxy backgrounds. The graphic was everytime fresh and sometimes really beautiful. The whole gameplay is great fun. There are lots of different galaxie's to explore with many missions: You have to find someone, find a star, fight a boss, finish a parcour in a special time limit, pass a level with just one life or have epic battles with Shadow-Mario. There wasn't any place where it was really boring. The difficulty level could be one of the contra points. Yes, there were really hard missions and there were places on which you could just rampage. But the whole game wasn't really hard with a few exceptions. So in my opinion it could be a little bit harder and it would be perfect.

What I don't like in the game is the Luigi game. After you collected all stars with Mario you have to play the whole game another time with Luigi to get the 100% and to play the final level. That's a bit annoying but they've made it better in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Speaking of the story. I know, it's a mario game. Mario games doesn't really need story to work very well. Of course who doesn't love a good, inspiring story but that's the big mystery. Mario is fascinating with his gameplay so well, that we need no story. But here in Super Mario Galaxy we even got some story. The beginning of the game is really epic and spectaculary, but after this not much was happening. Only the ending was really phenomenal with emotional scenes and and epic finish. So there was and awesome start and ending and that is really enough. It doesn't need more.

The soundtrack. THE SOUNDTRACK! If you don't know any Super Mario Galaxy themes, go now to YouTube, write "Super Mario Galaxy Top 20 Soundtracks" and just listen. Koji Kondo is a genius and he proved it another time in this game. The music evokes so many great emotions that are always on point matched to the galaxy. I've got gooseflesh by hearing some of this music. From rich beatufil, to rich dangerous, to rich majesctic, to rich epic. Yes, the music was everytime rich because of that awesome live-orchestra!

Summarizing Super Mario Galaxy is a great experience and if you got the possibility-play it. Awesome level-design, nice graphic and music not from this world. It's a game you can play often and just start your adventure from the beginning again.

9,4

adixodx
  58. May 31, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Released in 2007, Super Mario Galaxy is the only that is actually worth buying on the Wii! And it truly revolutionized 3D Mario. You can now explore different galaxies with variant gravities, with different stars to obtain. This game deserves a good score. Expand
  59. May 21, 2018
    I think this game is good but it tried to hard to introduce the new and leave the old But it is still great. The time I saw this and played it I was hooked and trying it again was just as fun. The game is your typical 3d mario but has anti-gravity. Which makes the levels *snickers Balls. And in mario 64 you had open levels but this time you got smaller ones which are even more fun thanI think this game is good but it tried to hard to introduce the new and leave the old But it is still great. The time I saw this and played it I was hooked and trying it again was just as fun. The game is your typical 3d mario but has anti-gravity. Which makes the levels *snickers Balls. And in mario 64 you had open levels but this time you got smaller ones which are even more fun than 64's. However the motion controls fall flat. For example the surf levels THEY REALLY SUCK even with wii motion plus it was bad. But it is a rare thing. But the *snicker Ball sections are even worse Because again motion controls. But that is more common but then you have the bubble sections which don't suck. And sometimes they got real lazy with the levels. Like the first level in the engine room is just honey hive galaxy in reverse. Woo real effort 101! But if you look past all of that this game is really solid and for that it gets. 8.5/10 Expand
  60. May 20, 2018
    This deserves no less than a 10. This is like the best arcade game in the history of gaming or at least one of the very best and if there are more they usually include Mario games of a similar era. It's by far better than the N64 version, slightly better than Sunshine and it's generally a masterpiece. Is it definitely absolutely perfect? Maybe not but seriously, you can't find something asThis deserves no less than a 10. This is like the best arcade game in the history of gaming or at least one of the very best and if there are more they usually include Mario games of a similar era. It's by far better than the N64 version, slightly better than Sunshine and it's generally a masterpiece. Is it definitely absolutely perfect? Maybe not but seriously, you can't find something as good on the PC or possibly another console on this genre. Hell, someone almost copied it with Hat in Time and they released it on ALL platforms apart from Nintendos' most probably because one would see how ludicrously better is the original of Mario arcade gaming. Expand
  61. May 20, 2018
    Una revolución en la formula de los juegos de plataformas en 3d, una bso perfecta y jugablemente la perfección, uno de los mejores plataformas de todo los tiempos
  62. Apr 20, 2018
    This game has a fanbase worse than the Bubonic Plauge, and I wish I was joking. This game is OVERRATED AS HECK. It would not stop crashing before the final boss and when I found out what the final battle was... well, Galaxy went from a 10 to a 6.5 (ok, there are other issues I have with the game, but that was a MASSIVE disappointment). I haven't been as disappointed in a game in my life.This game has a fanbase worse than the Bubonic Plauge, and I wish I was joking. This game is OVERRATED AS HECK. It would not stop crashing before the final boss and when I found out what the final battle was... well, Galaxy went from a 10 to a 6.5 (ok, there are other issues I have with the game, but that was a MASSIVE disappointment). I haven't been as disappointed in a game in my life.

Pros:
    + Soundtrack: Overrated, but... decent. Also, not that memorable aside from Gusty Garden (which is the only song that I loved from the game).

Mix:
    = Level Design: "OdYSsEY hAsS ThE WoRSTESt LEveL DesSIGN!!11!11" Galaxy ALMOST has the worst level design due to the copy-paste levels (Honeyhive and Gold Leaf Galaxy), but Sunshine's Beach + Random thing theme seemed to make it worse.

Cons:
    - Gameplay: "GALAXY HAS THE BESTEST GAMEPLAY" Shut up Galaxy fanboys! If spinning pleases you so much, why don't you literally go do it right now? Also, the motion controls make me want to puke.
    - Story: I'm honestly putting this here mostly for the fanboys, but also due to the fact that I personally don't like Galaxy 1/2's stories that much.
    - Bosses: ...Copypasta the Game.

All in all, Super Mario Galaxy is not the best game of all time, nor is it the best Mario game of all time, and I personally would warrant it a 6.5/10. Also, shut up about Galaxy 3. (Also I didn't deduct any points because of the fanbase, I deducted because of actual issues I've had with the game).
  63. Apr 20, 2018
    Excellent platforming with fresh 3D gravity ideas.

Flawless except for the repetitive "Marioooooooo" storyline and the meaningless Rosalina cutscenes.
    2 points deduction therefore from an otherwise mechanically great platformer.
  64. Apr 17, 2018
    From all of the videogames I have played in my life, no game has made me feel as happy as this one. The graphics are decent, the level design is great and the soundtrack is just perfect. The game does have flaws like any other game of course, but the flaws that exist are barely noticeable. It's one of the only Wii games where the motion controls are 100% accurate. The bosses and GalaxiesFrom all of the videogames I have played in my life, no game has made me feel as happy as this one. The graphics are decent, the level design is great and the soundtrack is just perfect. The game does have flaws like any other game of course, but the flaws that exist are barely noticeable. It's one of the only Wii games where the motion controls are 100% accurate. The bosses and Galaxies are very fun and memorable. I'm sure that if you get your hands on it on a Wii, Wii U, or even Nvidia Shield you will love it. Expand
  65. Apr 7, 2018
    Qué puedo decir de esta obra maestra que no se haya dicho ya. En cuanto lo terminé se convirtió en mi juego favorito de todos. La banda sonora es maravillosa, cada vez que la escucho se me pone la piel de gallina, una gran aventura que todo amante de los videojuegos debería jugar. Como en cada Mario en 3D se añaden nuevas mecánicas y se perfeccionan si es posible las antiguas, este juegoQué puedo decir de esta obra maestra que no se haya dicho ya. En cuanto lo terminé se convirtió en mi juego favorito de todos. La banda sonora es maravillosa, cada vez que la escucho se me pone la piel de gallina, una gran aventura que todo amante de los videojuegos debería jugar. Como en cada Mario en 3D se añaden nuevas mecánicas y se perfeccionan si es posible las antiguas, este juego puede presumir de un control excelente sin lugar a dudas. En este juego Mario se va al espacio a rescatar a la princesa visitando mundos preciosos con planetas de distintos tamaños que en algunos casos para visitarlos tienes que jugar con la gravedad muy bien implementada. Sin duda se podría decir que es uno de los mejores juegos de la historia. Expand
  66. Apr 3, 2018
    Мне понравилась игра. Дизайн уровней - 10, графика - 8, сюжет - 6
  67. Apr 1, 2018
    Certamente fantastico, dificuldade que vai aumentando ao decorrer do jogo, trilha sonora fantastica, que faz você querer baixar a musica e ouvir diversas vezes! Um dos melhores jogos do Wii!
  68. Mar 20, 2018
    An amazing feeling will come from playing this game. The soundtrack, graphics, characters, gameplay etc, are all absolutely amazing. This game hands us zero flaws, literally the definition of perfect.

69. Mar 19, 2018
    9.5/10, my favorite Mario game ever. You can recommend this to anyone who just likes to have fun. Also, it has a pretty good story... for a Mario game. Still this is one of the best games Nintendo has ever put out.
  70. Mar 16, 2018
    - 10 -

praticamente la mia infanzia, questo gioco mi ha fatto diventare un fan accanito all'età di 9 anni circa, anche se in questo caso l'età non conta, perchè mario rimane sempre mario.
    oltretutto è anche recentissimo a livello grafico e di gameplay, quindi si, probabilmente il miglior gioco di super mario mai creato.
  71. Mar 16, 2018
    Что-то типа ожившего мультфильма от Пиксар или Дисней, только японский и про Марио. Один из лучших представителей жанра платформеров. Нинтендо молодцы.
  72. Mar 9, 2018
    This game is one of the best mario games ever. The concept is so simple, yet so fascinating. The gameplay and movement is amazing and the graphics are as well. The only complaint is the excessive forced use of motion controls.
  73. Mar 4, 2018
    This game is so amazing. For 2007 this game feels and controls like it was made today. This is an epic 3d game and has levels that are pretty easy (BUT FUN) and of course there are some levels that are really challenging (STILL FUN). If you have not played this game, you are missing out BIG time.
  74. Mar 4, 2018
    This game has a beautiful soundtrack, perfect controls, creative level design, pleasing visuals and a great setting of outer space
  75. Feb 23, 2018
    This game is fun. It introduces gravity for some interesting new mechanics and sports a beautiful orchestral soundtrack and gorgeous graphics. This is definitely is a must own
  76. Feb 21, 2018
    Super Mario Galaxy has become one of the most acclaimed games of all time. It has a surprisingly well-suited orchestral soundtrack, clever gravity mechanics and fantastic, colorful visuals. Each galaxy is unique, and has it's own distinct atmosphere due to it's colors, music, and unique enemies, from Toy Time to Deep Dark Galaxy. However, some challenges, such as the boo race, feel tediousSuper Mario Galaxy has become one of the most acclaimed games of all time. It has a surprisingly well-suited orchestral soundtrack, clever gravity mechanics and fantastic, colorful visuals. Each galaxy is unique, and has it's own distinct atmosphere due to it's colors, music, and unique enemies, from Toy Time to Deep Dark Galaxy. However, some challenges, such as the boo race, feel tedious to complete, compared to most other levels. Overall, though, Galaxy is an excellent game. Expand
  77. Feb 6, 2018
    The best game on the wii, or maby even the best game created? No wonder Nintendo had to release a sequel for it some years later for the same system
    Even though the second game is also pretty good nothing can beat the first game. The hub world and the Music is the most memorable even though the physics and gameplay are also gamebreaking. After 100%ing this game, I just wanted more of it. And lucky me - they did release a second game. Cya when I complete that one.
  78. Jan 17, 2018
    To be honest, this is the type of game where you just want to shout "The sequel is better!".
    It is still a fun game, but it badly aged.
    My real unique problem is the camera.
    I hope for a trequel of the series.
  79. Jan 6, 2018
    Super Mario Galaxy is the definition of pure greatness and amazement. It is a really exciting game.
  80. Jan 6, 2018
    Possibly the greatest game I have ever played. Music, graphics, controls, story line, and game play are all masterful. 10 years later and this is still my favorite game.

Score 10/10
    Masterful
  81. Dec 15, 2017
    One of the best Mario games ever existed as well as being one of the two greatest Wii games of all time. I absolutely admired its beautiful visuals and music, as well as enjoying its challenging gameplay.
  82. Dec 10, 2017
    Honestly I didn't even get to play this game as much when I was a kid because I wasn't into challenging games by that point. It wasn't until later that I recognized how good mario odyssey really was. This game really surprised me in so many aspects. This game changed the way I viewed platforming, it's much more advanced than I have previously thought. I no longer take for granted whatHonestly I didn't even get to play this game as much when I was a kid because I wasn't into challenging games by that point. It wasn't until later that I recognized how good mario odyssey really was. This game really surprised me in so many aspects. This game changed the way I viewed platforming, it's much more advanced than I have previously thought. I no longer take for granted what mario galaxy did. They took a huge leap into this random game that could actually ruin mario's name and make him a sonic title (which is not good). They definitely managed to master how mario controls and the functions so uniquely. I often wonder how they think of such originality. The characters, the music, the atmosphere. Everything just feels so good. This game is worth every penny Expand
  83. Nov 18, 2017
    Very fun and amazing game. The story was great, the game had a few emotional moments, and the music was absolutely amazing. I actually felt like I was Mario playing this game. The controls are good, the spin mechanic is a great addition, and overall it's just an incredible game. One of the best, at that.
  84. Nov 16, 2017
    The best three dimensional platformer in years, with stunning visuals and score, and classic Mario gmaeplay (Meaning fun as Hell.) If you own a Wii or Wii U, you owe it to yourself to pick this game up!
  85. Nov 8, 2017
    Great game with interesting mechanics

don't look at the bad reviews they are all: "Anybody who likes Nintendo is a goddamn man child. You must be so easily entertained, like a baby staring in awe at his own fingers and toes. You have the IQ and impressability of a toddler, and not only that, most of their games are single player which means you're lonely too. I chuckle when I see
    Great game with interesting mechanics

don't look at the bad reviews they are all:

"Anybody who likes Nintendo is a goddamn man child. You must be so easily entertained, like a baby staring in awe at his own fingers and toes. You have the IQ and impressability of a toddler, and not only that, most of their games are single player which means you're lonely too. I chuckle when I see people playing their Switches and 3DSes, knowing that they are lonely and have no proper taste in gaming. If they had any semblance of half a brain they would know that what they are playing is for children and that they should be playing REAL games like CS:GO or Overwatch. Even Call of Duty is at least somewhat decent. Nintendo, however, with their mild game content and rare online multiplayer, is a joke. Have fun with your Zelda and Pokemon, kid. Just know that I am, and will always be, 10 times as smart as you are."
  86. Nov 7, 2017
    When I was 12 this game won my heart from the start and i replayed it many times over the years. Ideas for levels are out of this world. Best Mario soundtrack ever and graphically still hold up to this day. One of the best linear 3d platformer ever.
  87. Nov 6, 2017
    Everyone know that when a franchise runs out of ideas they usually go to space. Thankfully Nintendo run out of ideas a gave us this majestic game! One of the best plattaformers of all time.
  88. Nov 6, 2017
    Super Mario sempre se supera em todas as gerações, a Nintendo tem um carinho e um cuidado com os jogos dele que são incríveis, o Galaxy continua com exploração em mundos belíssimos em 3D e quebra cabeças de tirar o folego de tão criativos. Os mundos, planetas, cometas, estrelas, tudo é tão bem feito, harmonioso que temos vontade de não parar de jogar de tão lindos que são feitos os mundos.Super Mario sempre se supera em todas as gerações, a Nintendo tem um carinho e um cuidado com os jogos dele que são incríveis, o Galaxy continua com exploração em mundos belíssimos em 3D e quebra cabeças de tirar o folego de tão criativos. Os mundos, planetas, cometas, estrelas, tudo é tão bem feito, harmonioso que temos vontade de não parar de jogar de tão lindos que são feitos os mundos. Uma obra de arte incrível! Expand
  89. Oct 22, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is a masterpiece. Yes they may have ditched the old sandbox formula but it still felt huge. Yes I don't think it's the best game in the 3D Mario spectrum but it still is breathtaking. It had not one flaw, amazing story, music, and amazing gameplay.
  90. Oct 14, 2017
    The Game itself is entertaining as it's sign is a good version of it. I have no idea why this game is super awesome! It's good. Wii has been working hard on a brilliant game like this!
  91. Oct 6, 2017
    This game is very infuriating due too difficulty and the camera angles. The camera is the only thing that holds this game back. This game has arguably the best graphics on the Wii. This game is good but not a game that deserves the top game. Sorry i just thought i would be honest. Its fun and boring at the same time.
  92. Sep 4, 2017
    Not too many games are perfect, but you can't get much more perfect than this game. The sound tracks, almost every single one has been stuck in my head for the past 10 years since it was released. The graphics, absolutely stunning. For a Wii Game, I would still say this game looks better than the majority of XBox 1 and PS4 games in terms of art and beauty. Each level, incredibly funNot too many games are perfect, but you can't get much more perfect than this game. The sound tracks, almost every single one has been stuck in my head for the past 10 years since it was released. The graphics, absolutely stunning. For a Wii Game, I would still say this game looks better than the majority of XBox 1 and PS4 games in terms of art and beauty. Each level, incredibly fun and satisfying in their own ways. This game is Perfect. You can tell by every aspect of this game that Nintendo poured their hearts out to make something beyond compare to any other game. The only thing I would change is making the game more difficult. But, they did that in super Mario galaxy 2! I recommend this game to every single person on the planet. An experience so great that it brings me to tears to think about the fun I had back when the game was first released. Expand
  93. Sep 3, 2017
    After the masterpiece of Mario Sunshine they make another amazing hit! The motion controls actually work very well! The only problem with the game is probably the enemies. The enemies to me (not the bosses) aren't so great I mean they're decent but they have flaws. Anyways fantastic game!
  94. Aug 29, 2017
    The best Mario game of all time. This game is an absolute masterpiece, and it is perfect in so many ways that I don't even know where to start. The graphics barely show any age, even 10 years after its release. The visuals in general are mesmerizing, and I found myself gazing out into the beautiful, massive skyboxes many times over. Perhaps the most overlooked part of this game is itsThe best Mario game of all time. This game is an absolute masterpiece, and it is perfect in so many ways that I don't even know where to start. The graphics barely show any age, even 10 years after its release. The visuals in general are mesmerizing, and I found myself gazing out into the beautiful, massive skyboxes many times over. Perhaps the most overlooked part of this game is its music; the soaring, atmospheric melodies written by Yokota and Kondo are unlike anything I have ever heard in a video game. From the welcoming chorus of Good Egg Galaxy, to the beautiful atmospheric soundscapes of Space Junk Galaxy and the Gateway Galaxy, to the climactic opera-like final battle theme, this soundtrack is unforgettable, and may just be my favorite video game soundtrack of all time. The controls are standard 3D Mario, but I feel that Galaxy takes a step up in terms of control responsiveness and accuracy. I feel more control over Mario in this game than I do in Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. The environments, as I mentioned, are masterfully varied and concisely designed. They feel large, but never unnecessarily so. It is an absolute joy to explore and discover them; the visuals blend with the atmospheric music so nicely. The story, while not necessarily driving the game, is still compelling, thought-provoking, and at times surprisingly heavy, especially near the end of the game. All in all, this game is an absolute masterpiece and one of, if not THE best Nintendo title to date. It is a must play for any Nintendo fan. Rest in piece Iwata, and THANK YOU for this game. Expand
  95. Jul 13, 2017
    This game is just outstanding. It has a very nicely executed story, some very creative areas to explore, a decent cast of characters for a Mario game, interesting gameplay mechanics and a majestic soundtrack. However, it does indeed have some problems that keep me from giving it a 10. Most of the time, the game is pretty easy, and you can beat it quite quickly. You can go to Bowser withThis game is just outstanding. It has a very nicely executed story, some very creative areas to explore, a decent cast of characters for a Mario game, interesting gameplay mechanics and a majestic soundtrack. However, it does indeed have some problems that keep me from giving it a 10. Most of the time, the game is pretty easy, and you can beat it quite quickly. You can go to Bowser with only 60 stars, and easily miss the rest of the game. The final level is almost as easy as automatic levels in Mario Maker. The Comet Observatory, while beautiful, is just way too big, taking very long to go to the domes. It feels weird to have 6 save files. And to play as Luigi, you have to play the entire game all over again. But the game is still amazing, and you will enjoy it a lot. Expand
  96. Jul 3, 2017
    A Galaxy game in mario game is fabulous. Collect the star to finish the game and have Luigi, i finish the game and i play the 2 after. all the Mario galaxy are special and my favourite is the one
  97. Jun 25, 2017
    Incluso 10 años despues de su lanzamiento sigue siendo simplemente perfecto. Una joya atemporal y uno de los mejores Marios (y eso es decir muchisimo).
  98. Jun 17, 2017
    One of the greatest Wii games of all time, only bested by it's successor. i have rarely had THIS much enjoyment from a game, and it truly blew me away playing it for the first time.
  99. Jun 16, 2017
    A very fun platformer with some really interesting puzzles but other than that it doesn't offer much depth. If you are looking for a game to play casually after a long day this game offers plenty of fun but I just can't understand how it is considered one of the best games of all time. The game certainly isn't bad but it is very simplistic. The gameplay is solid and the game has a lot ofA very fun platformer with some really interesting puzzles but other than that it doesn't offer much depth. If you are looking for a game to play casually after a long day this game offers plenty of fun but I just can't understand how it is considered one of the best games of all time. The game certainly isn't bad but it is very simplistic. The gameplay is solid and the game has a lot of charm but in most areas it is average. I find it strange that people dock games like Zelda or Final Fantasy points when their stories falter a bit but Mario gets a pass despite its story being a random mess. Most platformers aren't exactly known for their story telling but even among platformers Mario Galaxy's story and progression is below average.

The gameplay is really good in most areas, the mechanics are simple and responsive. Menus are simple and functional. There are quite a good variety of puzzles and challenges to solve but they didn't really seem to offer meaningful discoveries. The reward for completing challenges is really just more of the same, other games do a much better job of giving the player collectibles that actually impact gameplay in a way that enhances the experience. There are some really cool game mechanics but some of the best ones are limited to specific areas which made the game feel more like a collection of mini-games. While almost everything works well the game doesn't offer as much freedom as many of the best platformers.

The Visuals are fun and colorful but they aren't really groundbreaking in any way, it doesn't look much better than Mario Sunshine looked and they certainly don't stack up with a lot of games that came out around the same time. I don't expect Mario to look realistic of course but it still needs more creative visual designs in order to merit a high score.

The music and sound design if fine but nothing ground breaking Mario makes his typical sounds. The soundtrack is fitting enough but none of the songs really stood out to me as being exceptional.

The world is really cool, with many planets of varying designs. I found the mechanics of the planets themselves to be one of the most appealing aspects of the game and reaching new worlds almost always offered something new and interesting. I think the idea of mini-planets could have been used in more creative ways. While there is a decent amount of variety there is also a lot of repetition.

Overall I think Mario Galaxy is a good game and it is worth playing. There is a lot of content and most of it is enjoyable but it is no where near being one of the best games of all time.

I give Mario Galaxy a 75%
  100. Jun 2, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best 3D platformers ever made.The game features incredible spin and gravity mechanics which makes this adventure different to other mario games.With the memorable 121 levels, great boss battles and unique power ups this is the must have wii game.
  101. Oct 19, 2010
    This very well could be the bet game on the Wii. It has amazing graphics, music, gameplay, control, and design. The ideas are very original and is a blast to play, albeit a little too easy to beat the main story. However, there is plenty to do afterwards. This game will have you coming back for more and more. PLAY IT.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It's rare to play through a perfect game or one that nears perfection, but Galaxy definitely fits that mold.
  2. games(TM)
    Nintendo has crafted a platform game that, while not as technologically pioneering as its grandfather, is, level for level, more fun to play than "Mario 64." [Dec 2007, p.128]
    Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic.