9.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 22, 2011
    A fantastic game. The environments are stunning even though the graphics are pretty awful even for Wii. The gameplay is interesting and will keep you occupied for a long time in its length.
  2. Oct 11, 2011
  3. Oct 31, 2011
  4. Oct 24, 2011
  5. Jul 20, 2013
    This game was the game that finally broke me, I promised myself I would never touch the WII never purchase one, never wield that dumb condom combo. This game did it for me.

Praise be Shulk the wielder of the Future that is the Monado! On a serious note this game is pretty badass and if you are somehow able to get a copy of this I strongly recommend this Title. Though finding a

Praise be Shulk the wielder of the Future that is the Monado!

On a serious note this game is pretty badass and if you are somehow able to get a copy of this I strongly recommend this Title. Though finding a copy will be a tough shot considering I have gotten emails from Gamestop wanting to buy back my copy because apparently making only a limited number of copies for the region for a number 1 defining game of a console a perfect plan doth thou make (combined with the WII being at the end of its cycle with the WII U being released).
  6. May 23, 2012
    after much time and consideration, i am going to say this has to be one of my favorite games. for the first 100 hours, but since i like to 100 percent everything not gonna lie a few things are a real pain in the ass about this game. BUT if you are not going for 100 percent i promise this game will satisfy you in every way, its completely epic the way they did this game. with the story whenafter much time and consideration, i am going to say this has to be one of my favorite games. for the first 100 hours, but since i like to 100 percent everything not gonna lie a few things are a real pain in the ass about this game. BUT if you are not going for 100 percent i promise this game will satisfy you in every way, its completely epic the way they did this game. with the story when you think you understand it, it smacks you in the face, with a curve ball. great story, epic way of playing, simply amazing. i have recommended this game to all who i know play games. Expand
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    Best RPG of all the seventh generation, not ha notthing better than his game believe me, if you rave a wii or wiiu, you need to play xenoblade cronicles. this is the uniq game.
    final fantasy, dark souls, ni no kuni, tales of xilia will not have more fun after you play xenoblade
  8. Nov 22, 2013
    Xenoblade chronicles is the best game that i have ever played, it has stunning graphics, great quests, a long story, and lots of plot twists, which i find amazing. No game i ever played before has gave me this unique gameplay, and the story really connects with me, when "Shulk" felt sad, i felt sad as well, i think that the creators of this game really wanted to create a game that canXenoblade chronicles is the best game that i have ever played, it has stunning graphics, great quests, a long story, and lots of plot twists, which i find amazing. No game i ever played before has gave me this unique gameplay, and the story really connects with me, when "Shulk" felt sad, i felt sad as well, i think that the creators of this game really wanted to create a game that can connect with the players and give them the feelings of the characters. Expand
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    Play the game for 2-4 hours, if you're not hooked then, then the game is not for you. This is an amazing game, really feels like a JRPG from the 90's, and somehow Monolith Soft managed to make the game exactly as they wanted to, without Nintendo intervention (not spoiling anything!)

Short review, amazing game, really well designed battle system, great plot, and overall you're getting one of the most well thought out games I have ever seen. The whole world just comes to life in this game, and every location feels like a real place, that has some real importance. Plus the boss fights in this game are just amazing.

However if you don't get hooked withing 4 hours, put it down and never look back. Why? While the story is amazing, if you don't like the start, you probably won't like the rest of it. Plus there is a lot of needless walking in this game. Honestly they could have cut 20 hours out of the game just by introducing a motorcycle or something. It's just too long of a game, it could have been compressed into 40 hours no problem.

That said, this is still a 9/10, it's one of the best RPG's which I have ever played. It really feels like a 90's JRPG, and without spoiling anything........there is blood....in a Nintendo game.........
  10. Sep 9, 2014
    one of the few jRPG's that kept my interest
    (short review)
    Pros: +Looks pretty good for a wii game, but the resolution holds it back. +interesting combat system (cooldown based instead of turned based) +interesting story! (it's about people, not crystals..lol) +good voice work +nice big world to explore +indepth skills/ability system +great music +changing outfits changes your
    one of the few jRPG's that kept my interest
    (short review)
    Pros:
    +Looks pretty good for a wii game, but the resolution holds it back.
    +interesting combat system (cooldown based instead of turned based)
    +interesting story! (it's about people, not crystals..lol)
    +good voice work
    +nice big world to explore
    +indepth skills/ability system
    +great music
    +changing outfits changes your how you look!

Cons:
    -Really bad Friendly AI
    -no gc controller support
    -in battle event prompts interrupt attack inputs
    -camera gets stuck, and lags a bit at times

It's a ton of fun, if you like JRPG's pick it up.
    if you like RPG's but often get bored of other because of the lame story, how linear they are, or the amount of grinding they require, Try this game!
    it's quite a bit different.
  11. Sep 12, 2014
    Very good game with a very good engine. Music 10, design 10, scenario 10, story 10. It´s very, very good and the most epic rpg i played. And i played very very rpgs. Only one problem, the console. Wii it´s not a best option and this is a problem to level of the graphics and the style of controlls. The second part it´s going to WiiU. most better. (Sorry for my poor english).
  12. Dec 16, 2017
    Gameplay 8/10 has no major problems but not all the side quests are great and sometimes exploration is boring
    Graphics 7/10 for a Wii game in 2011 it's decent but would've been better on a different console
    Story 10/10 Just great
    Music 10/10 best video game soundtrack
    Battles 10/10
  13. Mar 1, 2018
    +0- A masterclass in game design -0+

Available on Wii, Wii U and New3DS (not the original 3DS). Easiest to find and cheapest on the Wii U eShop. Xenoblade is an excellent JRPG. While it may look a bit classic on some aspects, it will definitely surprise you many times with its story, dialogues, characters and stunning environments. Possibly the best game on the Wii. +++ Good
    +0- A masterclass in game design -0+

+++ Good +++

+ amazing and unique world, it feels alive, has a lot of variety and verticality
    + excellent story, overall and on the level of each character
    + good overall gameplay, pacing and structure
    + good real-time fighting system, possibility to use environment, with reasonable use of QTE (very few)
    + fighting is good enough to not become boring despite the length of the game (40-70 hours)
    + all of these sub-systems work perfectly together and reinforce each other, something every game should strive for
    + humans live on a gigantic titan and look up to it as a god and the source of their life, the game makes a good job of showing how much those people's relation to their world matters
    + all playable characters and most important NPCs are likeable and show depth and personality over time
    + all playable chars have unique fighting styles
    + every new place, every new character, every new plot advancement... is a joy. This game is top-level entertainment all the way.
    + top-notch art direction
    + great sound track that fits perfectly the situation or the location
    + balanced and progressive difficulty
    + very short load times, only a couple seconds depending on the version you play
    + excellent British VA
    + characters will shout and talk during combats, but it is always reasonable for JRPG standards
    + good writing and some very powerful lines
    + not much grinding required, if any at all
    + does not rely heavily on the usual clichés of JRPGs
    + the game lets you know in a clever way that you will need that item you just found (even if it is for a quest given by an NPC you haven't met yet, in a place you haven't discovered yet!)
    + efficient and easy to understand tutorials
    + the game tries to remove things that are repetitive or not fun, you don't need healing items since you heal automatically outside of battles, for example
    + one of the original races created in this game, the Nopons, are absolutely adorable, have good background, and a unique design
    + you can change the time of day at any moment, which is useful if you need an item from a monster that only appears at night, for example
    + NN3DS version has a 3D-model viewer and a jukebox

000 Meh... 000

0 some strategies can be abused to make fights very easy, but they still require good understanding of the battle mechanics to pull off
    0 AI can show its limits, but only if you start really working for the best strats
    0 a minority of people seem to find the voice of one of the playable chars annoying, but most seem to like it, I had no problem with it personally
    0 game is not particularly long to start going, but you might still need to give it a few hours (it's an RPG after all). It will grow on you for sure.

--- Bad ---

- impossible to find in box at a decent price
    - the visuals are what you expect from one of the largest open world on the Wii, the art direction makes the best out of it, though
    - the NN3DS version is a severe visual downgrade
    - inventory management can be a bit annoying later on, especially when you will want to resell old equipment
    - on some rare occasions you will need a specific weather condition and this is random, forcing you to reload or fast travel repeatedly. But this is a problem for maybe 3 side quests in the entire game.
  14. Oct 24, 2017
  15. Aug 22, 2012
    Xenoblade Chronicles is by far and away one of the best RPGs of this generation, one of the best games on the WII and even one of the best I've played since RPG's like Dragon Warrior 8 and Rogue Galaxy. Graphics wise this game isn't good, no question. For what it can do however it is not terrible. Landscapes and areas are designed well. It's just the power of the WII holding back whatXenoblade Chronicles is by far and away one of the best RPGs of this generation, one of the best games on the WII and even one of the best I've played since RPG's like Dragon Warrior 8 and Rogue Galaxy. Graphics wise this game isn't good, no question. For what it can do however it is not terrible. Landscapes and areas are designed well. It's just the power of the WII holding back what would truly be a great vision. Character models are not terrible either, they have a strong resemblance to Final Fantasy 12's characters. Controls I have no complaints either. Having the controller that came with Monster Hunter Tri makes so many games more playable for me on the WII. I'm no fan of motion controls. The voice acting is a little annoying at first but after a while you do get used to it. Sounds and music are fantastic. The quests did eventually get a bit redundant and just downright annoying. In barely a week I had 60 hours into the game and I had completed more then 250 side quests. Now this wouldn't be bad normally but this game requires you to do these side quests to level up... If you decide to skip them you could end up being vastly under leveled. Killing normal enemies did not seem to reap much reward so leveling up on normal monsters I felt was out of the question, you are basically left with not much option. This does eliminate the traditional grinding that so many people find annoying, but searching for rare collectable items and killing so and so unique monsters that have conditions to spawn is just as bad if not worse then mindless button mashing to kill enemies. It's not all bad - the story does keep you strapped into the game and leave you wondering what happens next. Exploring areas is fun as well. This games only flaw I feel is the amount of side quests put into the game. I play more PS3 and 360 games then I do WII and I can honestly say I wish this game was on either console. Xenoblade's only major flaw is that it is being constrained by the WII's specs. Overall though it's a great game and should be picked up for RPG fans. Expand
  16. May 25, 2013
    Xenoblade is definitely one of the most interesting RPGs of this generation and for many several good reasons that in most RPGs nowadays are either removed, not present, or just forgotten. For starters, we HAVE exploration! YES, we can finally explore areas once again, even though there's no real world map but it is still a great thing to have, with extremely huge areas with details,Xenoblade is definitely one of the most interesting RPGs of this generation and for many several good reasons that in most RPGs nowadays are either removed, not present, or just forgotten. For starters, we HAVE exploration! YES, we can finally explore areas once again, even though there's no real world map but it is still a great thing to have, with extremely huge areas with details, enemies to fight, and add also that we get sub quests (which can be either annoying, or simple, but they are there!), this game has already a lot of stuff to give. We also get a very nice relation system that even though I don't remember exactly doing much (it was more useful for later part of the games), it's nice to have...but I'll go back to it later. The combat also is pretty good and, ACTUALLY, mix the turn based and action based combat pretty well: infact you actually have a good control over the combat, with hotkeys like in an MMORPG (skill trees included), and your compagnion work and act properly well, because they usually have a role; for example, Melia is the mage (and the only one not very good with an AI, for me at least), Reyn is a "tank", and Sharla is a healer, and so forth, and that even makes combination with your team mates pretty interesting, since they are all pretty unique in their way. And for last, but not the least, a detail that I really really liked of this game...the armors actually CHANGE your appearance, and the armors are extremely detailed and good looking! "Applauds" Bravo, I was really stunned by this, since that in 99% of RPGs (not including Western RPGs), the armor customization is literally zero. I'm pretty sure I'm being vague on the game details, combat and stuff, but it's because these are extremely good and well made, with few flaws that barely are remarkable. Except for the story. While the game itself is great...the story is flatout one of the worst I've ever seen but for ALL the wrong reasons. One of these reasons is that...it's SO predictable! I'm not kidding when I say that even the GAME COVER is a spoiler (just analyze the name Xenoblade...yeah, it's what you think. Yeah, it's a vital part of the game later on). But what about the story itself? It's not bad but I was able to predict any kind of twist, plot devices, character motivations....ANYTHING! I'm not saying this game is bad because the story is not original, but PLEASE at least tell it properly and without being too predictable: the only unpredictable thing of the story, was the the ending! Infact, I mentioned about the relation between characters, which usually means that behaving accordingly with certain characters usually will lead to a different ending: in this game, it serves only for getting either achievements and other stuff, and that's it...and that was such a waste because, actually, the game gives you ways to make up friendship with your team mates, and that helped me to like certain characters because they had their motivations. But then, if the game will have one ending, why giving us a fake trace of multiple endings by giving us the chance of interacting with the people of the game! Perhaps I'm overreacting over it, but that to me was a major flaw, because the ending is also weak and left me unsatisfied. But still...this is a good game and I honestly encourage to try it out, because it's both fun to play and very long to complete, due to the explorations, the skill trees to unlock, the subquests, the relationship building (even if not that great), the combat being fun and smooth (still, we can't dodge by moving away...), and so much more. But the story really didn't get me and I was really disappointed by it. Definitely a game to play and try, especially if you have a lot of time to spare. Expand
  17. Jan 7, 2015
    2006's Final Fantasy XII was, without doubt, the biggest milestone in the history of JRPGs. In bravely abandoning the tired, established format of turn-based random battles in favour of something more reminiscent of MMOs, the game dragged the genre kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The tragic legacy of FFXII is that very few subsequently were willing to acknowledge this fact,2006's Final Fantasy XII was, without doubt, the biggest milestone in the history of JRPGs. In bravely abandoning the tired, established format of turn-based random battles in favour of something more reminiscent of MMOs, the game dragged the genre kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The tragic legacy of FFXII is that very few subsequently were willing to acknowledge this fact, perhaps partly down to a somewhat lukewarm commercial performance. With Xenoblade Chronicles, Tetsuya Takahashi's Monolith Soft showed themselves to be the only development team to learn the lessons FFXII had to teach. In doing so, they have created one of the most magical videogames we are ever likely to see.

The battle system does have marked differences from its major influence. FFXII's great thrill was that it let you pre-program each party member's response to a number of different battle eventualities and then let the game carry out your instructions. You played the babysitter, watching over your party and ensuring that your planning played out as expected, and intervening and tweaking if it didn't. Xenoblade Chronicles' battles themselves are a little more interactive. Although the two supporting party members are largely automated, you retain full control of the leader, introducing the other two when necessary through your actions. The tougher battles largely come down to the timing of deployment of character-specific arts and can therefore be just as strategic as in FFXII and certainly as engrossing. In addition to the battle system, the game further accepts the limitations of the traditional JRPG model and looks further afield for inspiration, such as to western RPGs - by incorporating a questing system as well as having EXP be awarded upon discovering new locations, for instance.

So that's why Xenoblade is an important game. But what are the reasons it's a great one? Well, the answer to that is: pretty much everything else about it. Every aspect of the game is executed flawlessly. There are almost no systems which I can think of ways to improve upon. The fact that the developers understand what differentiates a good game from a great one shines through clear as day. For example: the foresight to make it unnecessary to return to the NPC who bestowed a quest upon you in most cases, the ability to warp quickly to places you've already visited in the sprawling world, or the fact that death has been designed to be a mere inconvenience rather than a motivation-destroying setback.

To fail to acknowledge every single one of the game's triumphs would be a crime, but I'll have to be brief and just mention some of the things I really love. The game's setting is uniquely imaginitive and so enchanting - two ancient warring colossi frozen in time, upon which biological and mechanical life have evolved. The beautiful environments and the awe-inspiring sense of scale really draw you in and have you totally invested. Xenoblade proves that it's not the power of the hardware a game runs on that counts, it's the love and inspiration that has been poured into its development. The entire cast is so endearing, partly down to their individual stories and backgrounds and equally due to the quirky British voice actors. The fact that the relationships between the characters actually play a part in the gameplay really reinforce your will to make things right for everyone - I felt it was my sworn duty to resolve the problems of every individual NPC. And the heartwarming love story at the centre of the plot is more than enough to keep you interested in seeing the game through to its conclusion.

The music is excellent, I particularly like how each area has a different theme for day and night. The controls are superbly responsive and a sparkling example to all 3D games that aren't particularly action-based. Completing the Collectopaedia, the separate/refine/boost gem crafting process, hunting advanced arts manuals and secret skill trees and levelling them up, maxing out everyone's affinity and accessing all the heart-to-heart scenes, preparing to take on the optional superbosses, and eventually winning - everything is utterly compelling and so much fun to experience.

There are seven main characters in the game, meaning a possible 35 different party combinations. Yet, despite this high number, unique dialogue exchanges were recorded between all the individual groups of three characters and these are sometimes reeled off at the conclusion of a battle. They always make me smile no matter how many times I hear them and they're just so indicative of the care and consideration that has gone into making the whole game.

I adore absolutely everything about Xenoblade Chronicles. I stretched it out over almost a year because I didn't want the thing to end. I spent over 250 hours exhausting almost everything it has to offer, and in each one of those hours I was continually reminded of the reasons I love videogames.
  18. Jun 21, 2012
    This is the best RPG of the generation, Japanese or western. Xenoblade has amazingly immersive environments, the best soundtrack of the generation, great story and characters whom you can actually relate to, spot on combat system and a high replay value. Adventure takes easily 100 hours and more if you aim to do anything. I've played games like Skyrim and Skyward Sword, but those gamesThis is the best RPG of the generation, Japanese or western. Xenoblade has amazingly immersive environments, the best soundtrack of the generation, great story and characters whom you can actually relate to, spot on combat system and a high replay value. Adventure takes easily 100 hours and more if you aim to do anything. I've played games like Skyrim and Skyward Sword, but those games feel embarrassing compared to this. If you are not die hard hater of anything that comes from Japan, get this. And even if you were, still get it, it may well change your mind. Expand
  19. Apr 17, 2012
    Technically not as good as I expected. Good plot, story and characters, but the battles become bored when you've been fighting for more than 50 hours...
  20. Jun 30, 2014
    This game is massive with everything a JRPG lover wants to see. A solid main story with countless small streamlined sidequests where you don't want to walk back to the NPC most of time to get your rewards. Battle mechanics that reward you for thinking rather than punish. Want a game where you need to walk past two horizon lines before you finally get to a loading screen? XenobladeThis game is massive with everything a JRPG lover wants to see. A solid main story with countless small streamlined sidequests where you don't want to walk back to the NPC most of time to get your rewards. Battle mechanics that reward you for thinking rather than punish. Want a game where you need to walk past two horizon lines before you finally get to a loading screen? Xenoblade Chronicles is the game for you!! (Seriously unless you fast-travel or get to a cut-scene, you have to actively LOOK to find a loading screen) Expand
  21. May 16, 2012
    Long awaited, but delivered. A fantastic JRPG! One of the things I loved the most about the game was the art style and music. The characters look great, the world looks great, and the game sounds great. While the Wii is obviously behind in tech, it proves that you don't need the most current hardware to have a game be great. The gameplay and control are smooth. Lots of exploring toLong awaited, but delivered. A fantastic JRPG! One of the things I loved the most about the game was the art style and music. The characters look great, the world looks great, and the game sounds great. While the Wii is obviously behind in tech, it proves that you don't need the most current hardware to have a game be great. The gameplay and control are smooth. Lots of exploring to do, and thousands upon thousands of side quests to be done. When playing this game, I felt a huge wave of nostalgia wash over me. It felt like playing a new RPG for the SNES back in the day. Its a shame that not alot of people will get to play this game. JRPG gamers for the most part should love this game, though you can't please everyone, the overall reviews still speak for themseleves. Expand
  22. May 24, 2013
    A pretty good game overall, and one of the best RPGs i've played in some time. The story is great, the gameplay is pretty good, and most of the characters are pretty awesome. However the reason this game doesn't get a 10/10 is that it simply includes too many small flaws.

First of all one of the things that annoyed me quite a bit about the game is the difficulty: The enemies and bosses actually have a fine difficulty to keep the game challenging without being to hard there's just one problem: If you don't stay and farm in each place you won't be able to keep on the same level as your opponents and then the game gets far too hard. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the game actually had a decent side-quest system, but unfurturnately it doesn't. The sidequest are repetetive, boring and aren't very rewarding.

Another big flaw with the game is with building your team. The characters simply aren't properly balanced with some of them being almost useless. And if you want to keep your team as strong as possible there's only like 2 combinations that work. There's quite a few other flaws like some enemies having way too much thorns when toppled and some other stuff, but i didn't want to write it all here. But it's a pretty fine game anyways so if your not the type that goes to much into the details, but simply wants a good story and decent combat, then this is a game for you.
  23. Jun 4, 2012
    I usually judge a game first by the story and the universe, and if it can captivate my imagination to the point where I will play it with pleasure. The Xenoblade universe is wonderfully illogical and captivating, and the story line is almost as good as it gets for video games. It does have a little Japanese flavor, especially in the character conversations. The world evolves completely asI usually judge a game first by the story and the universe, and if it can captivate my imagination to the point where I will play it with pleasure. The Xenoblade universe is wonderfully illogical and captivating, and the story line is almost as good as it gets for video games. It does have a little Japanese flavor, especially in the character conversations. The world evolves completely as the story progresses, without any obvious mistakes.
    The gameplay is simple, intuitive, non-constraining, rapidly changed. There are some simple underlying patterns in quests and combats. The flow of the game is smooth and you can choose what to do based on how you feel. No forced combat sections or story progression...
    There are many other good aspects of this game but I will leave you with the best. In the more than 140 hours it took me to finish most of the quests and the main story line, the game did not glitch or crash once. The people who made this game loved it. Chances are so will you.
  24. May 29, 2015
    One of the best, if not THE best JRPGs I have ever played. Combat is fun and interesting, with a massive world to explore and traverse. The story is enjoyable, gameplay is fun, and it looks stunning (for a Wii game).
  25. Mar 19, 2013
    I would give this game a 10 if it weren't for certain parts of the game that required you to grind on monsters just to catch up to a boss's level. For example, you will be 42/43 and they will throw a 48 and 50 boss after you. Or, you could be 68/69 and get a 75 boss thrown at you. What are the pros?

-Environment: breathtaking, massive, and each area looks different. -Music: One of the

-Environment: breathtaking, massive, and each area looks different.
    -Music: One of the best soundtracks of all time. Each song is awesome, especially the Mechonis levels.
    - Heropon Riki: People will downplay this character as a pokemon ripoff, but he is hilarious, has a ton of charm, and was my favorite character to play.
    -Story: It was all over the play towards the middle and end, but it kept me glued the whole way through.
    -Unique Monsters: This was my favorite part of the game because each monster required a different strategy to defeat it. At one point, I was just monster hunting instead of working on the story.

What are the cons?

Sidequests: There are a ton and most of them are generic kill/collect quests. I only did those that were on the way along the main quest, but most sidequests didn't have much originality.

Graphics: The environments are well-done, but the characters definitely look like from ps1/ps2 generation. Not a huge con just because the mechonis levels looked awesome.

Forced grinding: I wish there were more quests that weren't so grindy and granted exp just so you didn't have to kill every monster in a dungeon over and over.

Overall, I definitely recommend a playthrough the game. It's a great RPG that should be experienced by people who won't can appreciate a game like this.
  26. Aug 4, 2014
    Took me awhile to rate this game and write a review because the game is literally 100+ hours to complete fully. This is an epic Wii title and also one of the rarest games to obtain as well. Im still baffled that this game is on Wii; didn't know that the Wii had the power to handle it. This game is massive with amazing areas to explore, beautiful soundtrack that i actually downloaded on myTook me awhile to rate this game and write a review because the game is literally 100+ hours to complete fully. This is an epic Wii title and also one of the rarest games to obtain as well. Im still baffled that this game is on Wii; didn't know that the Wii had the power to handle it. This game is massive with amazing areas to explore, beautiful soundtrack that i actually downloaded on my music list personally, characters that are awesome, and the battle system that lives up to Final Fantasy standards with an added intensity boost. This game has so many things to do, that you will find yourself lost in the game figuring out what to do next. A must buy(if you can afford/find one) for the Wii. Excellent Game!! Expand
  27. Apr 1, 2013
    You are going to need a Classic Controller and a love of JRPG's before you pick this one up. Finally the Wii has a game that is best described as epic. Huge, imaginative, beautiful open world accented by killer music. It reminds me of Skyrim. The overall story and characters are very vanilla (hence a need love of JRPGs), but it has enough twist and turns to keep you playing for the 70+You are going to need a Classic Controller and a love of JRPG's before you pick this one up. Finally the Wii has a game that is best described as epic. Huge, imaginative, beautiful open world accented by killer music. It reminds me of Skyrim. The overall story and characters are very vanilla (hence a need love of JRPGs), but it has enough twist and turns to keep you playing for the 70+ hours of campaign. It is a shame that side quests (300+) are fetch quests for random item drops and monster fights. They aren't thought out like the loyalty quests in Mass Effect 2. I ignored side quests and focused on combat. Combat is a lot of fun and will get tougher as you get deeper into the story. Negatively, aging Wii hardware means the game slows when fighting a lot of foes. Expand
  28. Dec 16, 2013
    The game is great, but I wish it was a bit more difficult. The side quests are also a bit of a disappointment, due to the fact there are so many of them and most if not all are not worth it. Definitely worth playing if you focus on the main story.
  29. Nov 2, 2013
    THE GOOD: This is (as of now) the best rpg game i've ever played. It has an intense original story full of plot twists and emotion. The ending was absolutely perfect. The characters are a memorable bunch. Voice acting is fantastic. The world is extremely large, full of wide open spaces with a high amount of variety, from grasslands to jungles, snowy mountains, cliffsides, and countlessTHE GOOD: This is (as of now) the best rpg game i've ever played. It has an intense original story full of plot twists and emotion. The ending was absolutely perfect. The characters are a memorable bunch. Voice acting is fantastic. The world is extremely large, full of wide open spaces with a high amount of variety, from grasslands to jungles, snowy mountains, cliffsides, and countless others. The game truely takes advantage of the wii's power and the scope is insane. Its not the best visually, but the character models and environments are still noticeably detailed in such a large open-world game. Battle system is innovative and completely upgradeable. Characters are completely upgradeable. You can change any one of the 7 character's clothing any way you see fit while adjusting their stats. The game has a seemingly unlimited amount of sidequests to do. The replay value is large and a single playthrough can often take a minimum of 70 hours for the average player. The soundtrack is one of the best i've ever heard. Every piece of music is memorable.

THE BAD: This isn't a big deal but it would have been cool to see online multiplayer options. It also would have been good if sidequests had cutscenes or voice acting.

This is literally about as perfect as a game can possibly be in my opinion. Absolutely phenomenal title. The best game ever released for wii. PERIOD. MUST BUY!
  30. Jan 7, 2014
    This game is definitely a step forward in the JRPG genre, it's huge, unique, and comes packed in with amazing music, story, and 200+ hours of game play side quests. If I had to choose my game of last gen, it'd be this one for sure. Despite being a Wii game, this game is huge, the landscapes and environments are beautiful. Although the game starts out somewhat typically, once you get intoThis game is definitely a step forward in the JRPG genre, it's huge, unique, and comes packed in with amazing music, story, and 200+ hours of game play side quests. If I had to choose my game of last gen, it'd be this one for sure. Despite being a Wii game, this game is huge, the landscapes and environments are beautiful. Although the game starts out somewhat typically, once you get into the fourth area it starts to blow you away. The story was just heart wrenching at some points to me and I was hooked on it. Besides all that though, the Characters are relate able, the quests are fun and not required, the secret areas leave exploring fun to do, the collectibles, achievements, and even the crafting system will all keep you busy when doing some grinding, so it's not all that tedious unlike some other JRPG's are.
    Although the game is a masterpiece in story, music- (and practically everything else) It does have some setbacks. For those who like graphics, this game might not be the best on your eyes, but as I see it, the pros blow away this small con. Also, the AI is just horrible at times, sometimes they just fail at the wrong times unfortunately, but it's a rare occurrence. The characters.. although most are amazing, some just aren't as deep as you'd want- but hey, what game doesn't have this?

Overall this game is top quality, it's fun, memorable, and definitely a must-have for RPG fans, if you can get a hold of it of course.
  31. Apr 9, 2014
    By far the best game i own. The battle system is very unique. Even though this game is hard (or i just suck) the game is still better than most games i have.
  32. Mar 24, 2014
    This game will consume your soul for approximately 100 hours, it's like going on a journey to heaven, if heaven was a JRPG. Cheesecakes are at stake here (not really). Mmm cheesecakes...
  33. Jul 23, 2014
    Fantastic story, visual design and the combat is incredibly engaging. This is the answer to EA's original marketing statement, Can a computer make you cry? This game proves that yes it can.
  34. Sep 12, 2014
    Simply the best rpg for the Wii. The story is pretty good and far away from the familiar (standard) rpg settings. Most plot twists will surprise you but fell never fake / factitious. The characters always bring a smile on my face. Especially Shulk and Fiora are deep characters outside off beaten tracks (Honorable mention: Melia and Dunban). The character development in this game is doneSimply the best rpg for the Wii. The story is pretty good and far away from the familiar (standard) rpg settings. Most plot twists will surprise you but fell never fake / factitious. The characters always bring a smile on my face. Especially Shulk and Fiora are deep characters outside off beaten tracks (Honorable mention: Melia and Dunban). The character development in this game is done very well. The graphics are O.K for me. Some will say the graphic looks dated but the game world is really nice. The soundtrack is in the top 10 for the Wii. Overall a must own game for the Wii. Expand
  35. Sep 3, 2014
    Really the best RPG I have played on the Wii, is an awesome game!!!
    The voice, the music, the story, the game play it's really awesome!!!

36. Oct 28, 2014
    There's a reason (or many) for ALWAYS owning the nintendo console of the moment, and this is one of them, alright ps3 had more rpgs (which i loved) but wii got the best one of its generation!

The main point of this game is the story, specially the ending which is mind blowing, the soundtrack is also epic and a must have on cd. Battles are incredible too, never got bored of them after 90 hours of playing!

The only downside i see to this incredible game is that it gets repetitive a little bit after a while, the dungeons have no imagination, you just walk and battle thats ALL you're going to do in them, no puzzle element at all. So why did they made them SO big! So many in this game is big for the sake of being big!

Both the organic world and the machine world are a joy to behold, and the game's filled with amazing characters, LOVE the choice of british voices for the characters, they should do that always, american dubbing has ruined great games like the tales series (which i rather put in mute!).

You cannot go wrong with xenoblade chronicles, is the rpg fan wet dream.
  37. Nov 17, 2014
    By far one of the best games on the Wii (if not the best), and one of the best RPGs ever made in general.

The world and art direction is amazing and creative, the music is top of the line, the characters are likable, and the battle system is very fun and unique for what's typically seen on a console RPG. The world in this game is gigantic and all of the areas in it are visually unique in some way, and always related to the story. If you want an open world game that has way, WAY more than just plain, meaningless barren fields, this is it.
  38. Sep 22, 2016
    This is the best JRPG of the 7th generation. There is no doubt of this. It has some minors flaws. But I gave it a 10 because a merely 9 is not enough. I dont want to write a long review (its late in my house) so Im gonna say one sentence: If you miss the JRPGs from the 90s and first years of 00s this is a perfect opportunity to remember them.
  39. Jun 29, 2015
    This game actually made me think, which was a refresher for an industry filled with "Shoot some stuff and win," and "DARK! EDGY! EXPLOSIONS!" and that's just the beginning. I recommend playing this without knowing anything that happens, as it makes the game more than a game. It makes it an experience. While, yes, the game did get a bit dark at times, but it never felt like they were tryingThis game actually made me think, which was a refresher for an industry filled with "Shoot some stuff and win," and "DARK! EDGY! EXPLOSIONS!" and that's just the beginning. I recommend playing this without knowing anything that happens, as it makes the game more than a game. It makes it an experience. While, yes, the game did get a bit dark at times, but it never felt like they were trying to emphasize it. Every plot twist had my jaw hanging open for about five minutes, except one, because I just knew that it was going to happen. The gameplay is near flawless, and there were minimal, if any, glitches to be had. All the environments are gorgeous, and every area had something different. Overall, if you enjoy a great story, solid gameplay, or JRPGs in general, I recommend it with every ounce of my soul. Expand
  40. May 1, 2019
    Technically majestic, considering the Wii's hardware. The plot, the art direction and the soundtrack are extraordinary. The combat system is satisfying and the RPG mechanics are pretty deep. The game is overall longeval and rich of contents.
  41. Mar 21, 2016
    el mejor jrpg de la historia epicooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  42. Jan 8, 2016
    Xenoblade Chronicles is not only a technical achievement, it is also a landmark for the JRPG genre.

The story has a simple premise that starts out like any other JRPG, but slowly unfolds into one grand 80-hour long adventure with surprising plot twists, clever writing and great character development all across the board. The combat, like the story, is simple. But it gets more

The combat, like the story, is simple. But it gets more intricate when you unlock and find new arts, skills, equipment. It is incredibly simple, yet so damn sophisticated. The difficulty is mostly on point throughout your adventures, with perfectly placed difficulty spikes.

However, with a plethora of monsters to hunt and side quests to do, there is a chance that you might overlevel your characters. Making some of the boss fights a bit too easy.

In terms of graphics, Xenoblade Chronicles is a treat. Yes, it is a Wii title. Yes, it only outputs at 480p. Yes, there is aliasing, low poly models, some blurry character textures and very minor performance issues. But still, it's a treat. The art direction of this game alone can convince gamers into buying this game. The Bionis and Mechonis are two of the most original video game locations/worlds ever. Landscapes that range from huge open fields with tons of wildlife, a town in the cab of the Bionis and a freaking floating sea above a gigantic jungle. I could go on and on about the games' design. Heck, even the skyboxes are some of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen.

The soundtrack?
    Absolutely beautiful. It's varied, dynamic, original, and above all, enjoyable. It is probably the best soundtrack I've ever heard, alongside with NIER and the original Drakengard.

The only flaws I could find with Xenoblade Chronicles was that some extra information in the ending was cut out of the final product that would've rectified a minor flaw in the story. Some of the side quests design are really old school. As in; fetch quest heavy. There are side quests with a good story, build up and original design. E.g. you get to rebuild a place. But others do feel a bit too grindy.

Overall, Xenoblade Chronicles has it all. Fun gameplay, an engaging story, an amazing soundtrack and beautiful graphics. (Yes, even for the Wii)
  43. Jan 23, 2016
    This game is awesome and it really makes you want to play it, lots of exploration, amazing gameplay, good battle system, the music is phenomenal, nice customization. Overall, the game is just great. Once you play it you can say, "I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!"
  44. Feb 4, 2016
    I went into this game with no expectations what so ever, and it has grown on me a lot and is now my favourite game of all time. The only negatives I can come up with are that the tutorials can be a bit hard to understand sometimes. Also, the story is very interesting, so I found myself unable to concentrate on any of the side quests, but that's just because of who I am. I would highlyI went into this game with no expectations what so ever, and it has grown on me a lot and is now my favourite game of all time. The only negatives I can come up with are that the tutorials can be a bit hard to understand sometimes. Also, the story is very interesting, so I found myself unable to concentrate on any of the side quests, but that's just because of who I am. I would highly recommend to check out the side content while playing this game! Expand
  45. Sep 27, 2016
    This game is pretty much perfection, and is easily the best game I have ever played. The soundtrack is godlike and the story is both compelling and emotional.Despite what others have said, I found that the graphics were actually fine, and certainly never got in the way of the gameplay. The game also has good length, spreading across several massive environments that you are free toThis game is pretty much perfection, and is easily the best game I have ever played. The soundtrack is godlike and the story is both compelling and emotional.Despite what others have said, I found that the graphics were actually fine, and certainly never got in the way of the gameplay. The game also has good length, spreading across several massive environments that you are free to explore, and has over 400 sidequests to expand it further - I spent 150 hours playing on one file and still didn't finish everything. The combat is fun and strategic, although it can take a while to get used to, but there are huge numbers of different ways to play by changing your team and player unit, which can give you good variety and keeps the combat fresh throughout the game. The characters are well-written and well-voiced; I never found any of them annoying.
    I honestly can't think of one thing I don't like about Xenoblade. It really is pretty much a perfect game, and one that you need to play if you haven't already.

Rating: 10.0
  46. Oct 24, 2017
    Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii is a fantastic game. Not only thinking by a game of it's gigantic scope on the Wii but by itself.
    Talking about the Wii, is surreal to think that Xeno is a game that runs well. The amount of grass rendered e the scope of all of the areas in the game would put most developers at their knees to make the game run at stable 30fps on the wii's hardware, but Monolith without a doubt nailed it.
    The gameplay is a different and fun alternative to your average turn based JRPG, each character has it's own set abilities (from offensive ones, supportive, defensive etc.), paired with an auto attack that rolls every time, while you can move to distance from enemies, or difficult their chances of hitting you. This system gives you a way more intense gameplay and creates a deck of strategies and different ways to play the game. Although, the combat has some flaws: The animations are kinda poor, bottlenecking the complexity and hurting the combat and the level up system is way tougher than it should have been.
    The story really flashes out on this game. At start, it looks a pretty generic two kingdoms, human vs. machine plot. But, trust me, it violently develops. Going on topics like religion, races, society and spiritualism. Since a really big spoiler happens at the first hour, i won't go further than this.
    The level/world design is a wonder. Not only because of the titan's corpses that hosts all of the game, but the vivids civilizations and wildlife that fulfills the world, with a big variety and diferences between npc's, enemies or villagers.
    The visual part is a tough one. The beautiful models and details, are bottlenecked by the Wii's pathetic hardware. And the secondary cutscenes are really low quality. So, play on Dolphin instead.
    The audio is neat. Not spectacular, but does it's job.
    The OST, MY BOY. One of the finest pieces of music on gaming history. With a big array of instruments, genres, tracks and rhythms, is the strongest point of the game.
    A true masterpiece of the Wii, kinda thrown back by the console's weak hardware. Luckily, Dolphin exists. So you can enjoy the game at it's full potential.
  47. Jun 23, 2016
    Este juego es uno de los mejores que he jugado. Los escenarios estan bien diseñados, los personajes son unicos y carismaticos ,y finalmente la historia, es la mejor. Lo malo que le veo son sus graficos. Es un Buen Juego!!!!!!
  48. Apr 27, 2017
    Mi segundo videojuego favorito, trama y mapas que no encontraras en ningun otro lado, drama, jugabilidad, mundo abierto, sorpresas, detalles, las mejores misiones secundarias, monolisofth me gano completamente con este juego
  49. Oct 3, 2017
    During the last days of the Nintendo Wii, it became more difficult for me to find games as remarkable as its first releases. It would only be right for Nintendo to end the Wii’s career on a high note. Xenoblade Chronicles did just that. It’s a JRPG that gave me one of my greatest experiences I have ever had playing a video game. When it comes to the story, graphics, and game play,During the last days of the Nintendo Wii, it became more difficult for me to find games as remarkable as its first releases. It would only be right for Nintendo to end the Wii’s career on a high note. Xenoblade Chronicles did just that. It’s a JRPG that gave me one of my greatest experiences I have ever had playing a video game. When it comes to the story, graphics, and game play, Xenoblade Chronicles exceeded my expectations.
    The story of this fantasy and sci-fi hybrid game revolves around the legend of a duel between titans. They were Mechonis and Bionis. After this battle ended, civilizations were made on the bodies of these titans. However, the individuals from both titans still continue to battle each other to continue the legacy. Fast forward to current day and we meet the main protagonist, Shulk. When his homeland is attack by mechon, the inhabitants of Mechonis, the orphaned boy is forced to travel to Mechonis and into the unknown outreaches of enemy territory. In order to defeat his robotic foes, Shulk is granted the use of the legendary sword, the Monado, which bestows upon him the unusual power to see visions of the future. As Shulk progresses through his quest, he meets new allies, discovers extravagant locations of the world, and is given more insight on the origins of the Monado, and the history of Bionis and Mechonis. This game provided an enjoyable cast, memorable moments that were action packed, tragic, and humorous, and plot twists in the game that became even more interesting the more I progressed. The best part is the game is long enough where it does not shirk on any details.
    Speaking of how long Xenoblade Chronicles is, it surprised me with how much was fit into the game. This includes the expansive environment that it had to offer. The details of the graphics are unbelievable when it comes to how much a Wii can handle. Unlike a good handful of Nintendo games, Xenoblade Chronicles strays away from a cartoony style and handles it with a more realistic approach. I found so much excitement out of exploring the game just so I could find different places to look at. Notable examples are the Satorl Marsh on Bionis, a foggy but shimmering swamp with ancient ruins, and the central factory in Mechonis, the expansive field of massive machinery. Compared to other games on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, I noticed the graphics are not as polished. The closer I looked, the more pixilated the graphics began to appear. This over-analysis, however, did not deter my fun experience. I still consider it remarkable how much effort was given into making this detailed creation.
    I mentioned how multi-dimensional the game can be when it came to the graphics, but the game play is really where the game’s expansive nature is found. The basics are simple. You control up to three characters in game. As you progress, you can switch off these characters with others in your party. There are locations to travel to and people to talk to in order to progress. This can involve widespread exploration and puzzle solving. I did find it confusing on where to travel to since the environment is rather massive. With the game being so big, it is difficult to find where to go. The real aspect of the game play, however, is found in its battles. I found myself changing my methods of battle not only for the sake of progression, but also for the fun in the variety it offered. It only became an even greater experience when I realized there were so many ways to expand my many abilities such as raising affinity, changing my move set, and challenging harder monsters. If this already sounds like enough game play, then you will be surprised with how much more this game offers. There are over 400 side quests to tackle, offering new abilities and stories in game. I quickly found it overwhelming at times when it comes to how big the game can really be. I am an impatient person, but knowing that a lot can come out of the extra time given in the game, it was fun to get as far as I could. The only other problem I had with the game play is some sign of lagging when there is a lot of activity happening in battles. Battling a lot, however, helped me get used to it. I aim to play through this game again to see if I can fully complete the game. If you ever missed anything the first time you played like I did, then there is a lot of value in replaying this game.
    While Xenoblade Chronicles may have its problems being a large game with its lag and unpolished graphics, they are so small compared to the praise I have. This game went above and beyond my expectations with its compelling story, incredible environment, and variety in game play. There is so much this game has to offer without becoming repetitive. I give this game an A.
  50. Oct 11, 2017
    One of the best stories to any jrpg type game I've ever played, and definitely one of the most unique battle mechanics. I think this was a super underrated game for a long time (though it's hard to say that now that its achieved such a prestigious cult status). Definitely one of the classic Wii JRPGs, although my only major qualm is that it had a bit too much grinding and a bit too manyOne of the best stories to any jrpg type game I've ever played, and definitely one of the most unique battle mechanics. I think this was a super underrated game for a long time (though it's hard to say that now that its achieved such a prestigious cult status). Definitely one of the classic Wii JRPGs, although my only major qualm is that it had a bit too much grinding and a bit too many fetch quests. Expand
  51. Oct 8, 2017
    the game in which I have invested more time. In some battles the fps lower what makes it lose quality ... anyway it is one of the best rpg I have played
  52. Mar 20, 2018
    9.1/10, It's still surprising to me how this battle system works. One of the best JRPGs ever made. Also it has an incredible soundtrack.
  53. Feb 10, 2018
    Xenoblade Chronicles it's, for me at least, not just the best game on the wii, but the Best Game Ever,
    The art style, The Music, The History, The gameplay, All it's just so gorgeous and fantastic.
    The best game ever. (Sorry KH:BBS...)
  54. Nov 20, 2018
    me encanta este juego , es el mejor juego que he jugado nunca , tiene todo lo que busco en un buen juego
  55. Jan 5, 2019
    loved this game, the story is awesome. it has been a while i played it, but i still remember the atmosphere, the whole game was just like an epic dream, worth a place next to Zelda
  56. Odh
    Sep 6, 2019
    One of the absolute best games I have ever played in any generation. I realize the combat might not be for everyone in a strange active time battle gameplay that is made to look like real time, but if you give that a chance and learn the combat, you are in for a RPG experience few have ever come close to matching. Also this game has perhaps the most interesting world I have ever seen withOne of the absolute best games I have ever played in any generation. I realize the combat might not be for everyone in a strange active time battle gameplay that is made to look like real time, but if you give that a chance and learn the combat, you are in for a RPG experience few have ever come close to matching. Also this game has perhaps the most interesting world I have ever seen with diverse environments on the backs of dead titans, possible my favorite OST in gaming history (it is THAT good!), and one helluva storyline that was paced so well in a game that could take 100+ hours to finish. The graphics are limited on the wii, but the art design and worlds are still incredible. Expand
  57. May 29, 2020
    My favorite game of all time by far, amazing environments, artistic design, one of the best soundtracks of all time, a beautiful history, a lot of lovely characters, just is soooo good in a lot of aspects, a must play and the best rpg of all time for me
  58. Apr 30, 2012
    It's rare that I venture from my PC lately but I was in the mood for an RPG so I grabbed a copy of Xenoblade. First impression was uurrghhh my eyeballs!! Did I just turn on the Playstation 1? Believing the favourable reviews I pushed forward to see what all the fuss was about. The first thing I noticed was how responsive the controls were. The character moves quickly and it never seemsIt's rare that I venture from my PC lately but I was in the mood for an RPG so I grabbed a copy of Xenoblade. First impression was uurrghhh my eyeballs!! Did I just turn on the Playstation 1? Believing the favourable reviews I pushed forward to see what all the fuss was about. The first thing I noticed was how responsive the controls were. The character moves quickly and it never seems tedious to get from point A to point B. The characters are likeable and the storyline is great. The setting for the adventure is interesting and fresh. After a few hours of play the graphical limitations faded away into non-importance and the will to advance took over. The beginning of the game is heavy with tutorials, a sign of the games complexity. Leveling up is natural with little grinding and there is a lot of enjoyment to be had by changing character equipment. Side quests don't require a trip back to town to cash in and there are many other thoughtful inclusions. Death is only a short set back, not a disasterous return to your last save. This game really brings me back to my teenage years playing FF7,8,9....A wonderful and worthwhile experience. Highly recommended. Expand
  59. Nov 27, 2011
    This is the best RPG game i played in Wii never... big scenaries, epic scenes, beauty sotry :) Comments: In Spanish: http://lahabitaciondekazuki.es/?p=748
  60. Apr 8, 2012
    Xenoblade is a unique game that truly innovates Japanese RPGs. Previously, JRPGs were regarded as stale with developers ignoring changing key features for the better. Xenoblade? It fixes every single problem JRPGs have had in the past 20 years. This is what a JRPG should play like.

The game opens up with a beautiful presentation. You are immediately thrown into a battlefield. The game has excellent tutorials (that can be viewed again if you wish so in the menu) that clearly explain how the game works. After the first battle, a cut-scene is displayed showing how enormous the game is. The gameplay is simply innovative. Remember how those classic RPGs had you move a couple steps with a battle that appears out of no where? Say goodbye to that - every single battle takes place in real time with enemies on the field. You can choose to attack the enemy or pass it. If you choose to battle, you fight in real time. No longer do you have to slowly choose attacks for each of your characters, you can instantly attack with each of your partners picking their own moves. This speeds up the gameplay and it makes RPG battles much more tolerable.

Xenoblade has huge open world gorgeous environments. The color of the game just pops out of the screen at you. You will drop your jaw once you look at the game. Even on a huge HDTV, the game still looks fantastic. Most Wii games look really bad on bigger HDTVs, but this one is an exemption. Playing it widescreen with a resolution of 480p is a treat.

The music in Xenoblade is great! The soundtrack is epic and it draws you in even closer to the game. It matches incredibly well with the huge environments. Speaking of music, the voice acting is top notch. I'm not used to British voice acting so it was definitely a change for me. I wish more games had voice acting like this.

Overall, Xenoblade is a must have for any Wii owner out there. The game is simply stunning and it shines above the rest. With over 40 hours of gameplay, you would be a fool to not pick this up. Don't miss out on one of the best Wii games out there. Xenoblade is one grand epic experience that truly innovates gaming.
  61. Dec 4, 2011
    The Japanese have a way with names they think up cool sounding words that mean nothing to anyone, translate them in to English where they still mean nothing to anyone. Xenoblade is one of those names. However as the old proverb says; â
  62. Apr 15, 2012
    This is exactly what the genre needed. It toes the line between being respectful to the conventions of the genre, whilst tweaking said conventions to create a game which feels undeniably modern. From an engaging plot with a unique setting (the corpses of two titans!) to the exciting battle mechanics which combine real-time combat and turn-based strategy... Xenoblade is a blast to play.This is exactly what the genre needed. It toes the line between being respectful to the conventions of the genre, whilst tweaking said conventions to create a game which feels undeniably modern. From an engaging plot with a unique setting (the corpses of two titans!) to the exciting battle mechanics which combine real-time combat and turn-based strategy... Xenoblade is a blast to play. About the only knock on this game is the technical aspects of the visuals. Limited by the Wii's horsepower, this is to be expected. Thankfully, inspired art direction serves to mask these flaws. If you own a Wii... you need to play Xenoblade Chronicles. Expand
  63. Feb 26, 2013
    Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Monolith Soft created a wonderful gameplay environment that is one of the best I've ever experienced. The story was good but not great but when added to the wonderful gameplay, massive environments, fun characters and interesting settings of the game it definitely deserves a 10/10.
  64. Apr 7, 2012
    How does this masterpiece as of this writing have a 7.8 user score? It's these Xbot and Sony drone fanboys coming in and rating every Nintendo exclusive a 0 to try and make it so the morons who rely on Metacritic user scores don't buy the game. It's sickening. There isn't a single flaw I can think of in this game that isn't just nitpicking. It's the best JRPG ever made and a big-budgetHow does this masterpiece as of this writing have a 7.8 user score? It's these Xbot and Sony drone fanboys coming in and rating every Nintendo exclusive a 0 to try and make it so the morons who rely on Metacritic user scores don't buy the game. It's sickening. There isn't a single flaw I can think of in this game that isn't just nitpicking. It's the best JRPG ever made and a big-budget hardcore Wii game, the kind you haters SUPPOSEDLY wanted. Expand
  65. Apr 8, 2012
    Worth the hype. This game is absolutely a blast and an impressive technical achievement on the Wii. The game features a solid dub and excellent cast of characters. The combat system is strong and the story is excellent. Buy it, love it.
  66. Apr 7, 2012
    I admit, I wanted to hate this game. I think Nintendo Exclusives are HIGHLY overrated as a whole. But this game is amazing. Character Design strongly reminiscent of tactics ogre and FF tactics. World Design that reminds me of Final Fantasy XI. Mech Designs straight from Xenogears. A wonderful and eclectic musical score. A gripping story... seriously, play for an hour or two andI admit, I wanted to hate this game. I think Nintendo Exclusives are HIGHLY overrated as a whole. But this game is amazing. Character Design strongly reminiscent of tactics ogre and FF tactics. World Design that reminds me of Final Fantasy XI. Mech Designs straight from Xenogears. A wonderful and eclectic musical score. A gripping story... seriously, play for an hour or two and tell me you weren't surprised and a little heartbroken when a certain character meets a terrible fate. This game is amazing, in spite of the technical limitations imposed by the wii. Xenoblade chronicles has transcended it's medium to become a beautiful and engaging piece of art. Expand
  67. Apr 11, 2012
    Fantastic game--the best JRPG I've played in years--but it isn't without its flaws. The first and most glaring thing everyone will notice is the graphics could be classified as PS2 quality at best. I would say later PS2 games like Final Fantasy XII and Xenosaga Episode III had better graphics. We've seen with Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy, and others that the Wii is capable of moreFantastic game--the best JRPG I've played in years--but it isn't without its flaws. The first and most glaring thing everyone will notice is the graphics could be classified as PS2 quality at best. I would say later PS2 games like Final Fantasy XII and Xenosaga Episode III had better graphics. We've seen with Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy, and others that the Wii is capable of more than this. However, when one sees just how huge this game is, Monolith can be forgiven for skimping on the graphics. I would guess the graphics were watered down because the game wouldn't fit on a single disc otherwise. There's tons of geography to explore, items to collect, and sidequests to complete, and that's only a fraction of things to do in Xenoblade. Even so, the game's graphics look like something from a ten year old game, and for that I cannot give it a perfect score. Gameplay wise, there are elements of both Japanese and Western RPGs, as well as MMORPGs. All three genres are blended together quite well, though the ability for your character to jump seems to be rather buggy (and generally unnecessary). I also have yet to hear any music that compares to the compositions of Yasunori Mitsuda or Yuki Kajiura in previous "Xeno" games. One more thing that may put some people off is the US localization was basically copy-pasted from the European release. The characters all speak with a UK dialect (everyone is called "mate", armor is spelled with a U, etc.) It didn't bother me, but some people may get uppity about it. Monolith and Nintendo get big kudos, however, for including the option to switch between English and Japanese voice tracks. Long story short, this game is hands down the best RPG on the Wii to date. It's a must-have for JRPG fans, and many western RPG fans will enjoy it as well. I know it'll keep me busy until The Last Story is released in June. :) Expand
  68. Jul 4, 2012
    This game is ridiculously magnetic, and unlike many jrpgs has left me craving for more. From the sprawling locales, the beautiful skylines, and the amazing soundtrack to the wonderful gameplay and accessibility, this game is stunning. However it's not without its faults, including bad lip sync and repetitive questing. Don't let those deter your decision to buy this game, since that wouldThis game is ridiculously magnetic, and unlike many jrpgs has left me craving for more. From the sprawling locales, the beautiful skylines, and the amazing soundtrack to the wonderful gameplay and accessibility, this game is stunning. However it's not without its faults, including bad lip sync and repetitive questing. Don't let those deter your decision to buy this game, since that would be a bad mistake. Expand
  69. Mar 16, 2015
    In one word: Perfection

Flawless Execution of story and gameplay

THE best RPG of seventh generation of consoles,and the only reason i have a wii
  70. Apr 6, 2012
    I was severely disappointed when Nintendo initially ignored the fans who wanted this game so I paid a premium to import it from the United Kingdom and soft-modded my Wii to play it last year. And I did not regret it one bit. Now that it's available in America (via Nintendo's online store or exclusively at Gamestop), everyone has a chance to try it out. For anyone who's disappointed withI was severely disappointed when Nintendo initially ignored the fans who wanted this game so I paid a premium to import it from the United Kingdom and soft-modded my Wii to play it last year. And I did not regret it one bit. Now that it's available in America (via Nintendo's online store or exclusively at Gamestop), everyone has a chance to try it out. For anyone who's disappointed with the cookie-cutter dribble that's considered JRPGs these days, you need to try Xenoblade. It's the next evolution of the JRPG genre. You'll get a grand adventure, engaging and creative story, lovable characters and great music you've come to expect but what sets this game apart is the gameplay. It's very similar to a MMORPG. There's a huge, open world for you to explore (with a fantastic quick travel option) and there are tons of sidequests. The standard attacks during combat is automated (if you're close enough to an enemy). Special attacks are used by player commands and can have different effects depending on where the player is standing or what you're allies are doing, and rely on a cooldown feature rather than MP (or something similar). There are numerous other gameplay elements which provide a lot of depth to the gameplay. Unfortunately, because the combat is so similar to MMORPGs, it's nothing new or unique though it does work surprisingly well in an offline game. This is a long adventure and will take at least 60 hours to beat if you avoid doing any sidequests. But this is one of those games where it's very easy to get sidetracked so expect to spend a lot of time with this game. Visually, the game looks fantastic and in my opinion, is the best looking Wii game overall (yes, better than Mario Galaxy 2 or Skyward Sword). Not only is the art direction amazingly unique and imaginative but the scale of areas are simply breathtaking. Ultimately, if you own a Wii and regardless of whether or not you like JRPGs, you should give this game a try. I've been a fan of RPGs since the SNES days and this is simply one of the best games ever! Expand
  71. Oct 9, 2012
    Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome AwesomeAwesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Expand
  72. Apr 6, 2012
    One of the greatest wii games and an automatic classic gem. This game hands down is one of the most creative,fun,interesting rpgs in a while. I wont go into to much detail but if you love rpg games or want a reason to boot up your wii again this is it. Buy this game to show Japanese Game Companies that we want more things localized. We almost didn't get this game and that would have been aOne of the greatest wii games and an automatic classic gem. This game hands down is one of the most creative,fun,interesting rpgs in a while. I wont go into to much detail but if you love rpg games or want a reason to boot up your wii again this is it. Buy this game to show Japanese Game Companies that we want more things localized. We almost didn't get this game and that would have been a shame for people to miss out on such an amazing title. Expand
  73. Nov 1, 2011
    Do not hesitate, if you like JRPG's or simply want a game with 40-60 hours of quality graphics, music , excellent story and great combat, look no further. This is a wonderful swan song RPG for the Wii, as I suspect even the mighty Zelda game thats about to launch, ( Skyward Sword) is going to have trouble being better than this piece of gaming genius.

Satisfying character development

Satisfying character development and crafting and trade systems, all a little overly complex, but you can muddle through those minor parts of the game to enjoy the overall picture of great and often funny voice acting, a surprisingly powerful opening scene ( no spoilers, suffice to say the love interest you initially think is forming may not go the way you thought it would ).

Another note on the voice acting, it has been regionalised by UK actors for the UK market, and it sounds like they had a good time recording the audio, just another detail that adds to the excellence of this game.
    Xenoblade. It simply exudes quality and high standards from the moment you load up to the beautiful title screen and sit there for 4 minutes listening to the stunning theme played on piano.
  74. Apr 6, 2012
    One of the best JRPGs I've played in a long, long time; it reminds me of the joy I felt playing JRPGs in the PS2/GC generation. This game deserves nothing less than a 9/10 overall. While I'm here though, I'll say that it could have used some higher difficulty, less loading screens, and a slightly less disappointing end-game; but the positives far outweigh the negatives and I was hookedOne of the best JRPGs I've played in a long, long time; it reminds me of the joy I felt playing JRPGs in the PS2/GC generation. This game deserves nothing less than a 9/10 overall. While I'm here though, I'll say that it could have used some higher difficulty, less loading screens, and a slightly less disappointing end-game; but the positives far outweigh the negatives and I was hooked from start to finish. One playthrough took me 78 hours and I was never bored for a single second. It's good to see that Japan can still make games like this when it wants to. Expand
  75. Apr 11, 2012
    9.5/10
    2nd best game on the wii (hard to beat mario galaxy) one of my favorite rpgs in a very long time and a game that shows that jrpgs can still be relevant.
    Pros: immense immersive story world/universe Unique characters Cool weopans and equipment Unique battle system great jrpg evolution Great voice acting Minimal grinding required Tons to do! Took me 75 hours and hitting up only
    9.5/10
    Pros: immense immersive story world/universe
    Unique characters
    Cool weopans and equipment
    Unique battle system great jrpg evolution
    Great voice acting
    Minimal grinding required
    Tons to do! Took me 75 hours and hitting up only portion of quests
    Not a sequal! Rare these days.
    Music well done
    Character design and monster design both well thought out
    Story unique
    Streamlined rpg: quick travel to landmarks, die and not lose exp or items gained, save almost anytime (dunno why more console rpgs don't do this)
    Build relationships w party members and npcs gain rewards and enhance story mostly optional
    Characters change appearance w equipment in all cutscenes as well
    Challenging but not frustrating
    Skills learned keep you wanting to level up
    For the wii...good graphics
    Magical and I have not felt that real rpg magic since the snes psx classics, if you miss it here it is! First rpg since chrono trigger I'm doing new game+

Cons:
    Some loooong cut scenes
    Only 3 characters at once and 1 real healer limits variety don't get to use and play with all as much as you'd like
    Do reach skill plateau but better than most rpgs
    Towns cities could have been more impressive especially on 2nd world
    On the wii, sequal for wiiU (fingers crossed)

Buy it as soon as you're able and I give a 9.5 out of 10 odds u shan't be dissapointed. (o:
  76. Oct 26, 2013
    I have played so many Rpgs in this 7th generation era but I will have to say one thing that this game is certainly one of my top 5 game and 3rd best Jrpg after Ninokuni and The last story.

Story: Story and character is just to fantastic for any game..I cared about main character and his Band of mercenaries.Characters have deep emotional touch with beautiful stories and the main protagonist is one of the best i the RPG genere.

Graphics: Even though frame rate issue was there i was always wondering how did the old Wii manage to produce such a beautiful game.

Gameplay: Just 10 out of 10. Blend of RPG strategy and action
  77. Apr 20, 2013
    Instantly one of my favorite JRPG's of all time. Tons of content, side quests, and a long main campaign. Fast paced action-oriented battle system. Excellent character development. This is the first JRPG I've played in years that I just couldn't put down...and I've already sunk in over 60 hours into the game.
  78. Apr 10, 2012
    Great game, is one of the best JRPG of this generation, sorry, but easily, the Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 is too small, next to this game, the game have a great Soundtrack, History and Gameplay, the graphic is not a problem with a game like this, with a Great History, Soundtrack and Gameplay, for these reasons i Support Operation Rainfall and Support this Game, and Pre-Order the gameGreat game, is one of the best JRPG of this generation, sorry, but easily, the Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 is too small, next to this game, the game have a great Soundtrack, History and Gameplay, the graphic is not a problem with a game like this, with a Great History, Soundtrack and Gameplay, for these reasons i Support Operation Rainfall and Support this Game, and Pre-Order the game when this is Announced :) Good Job Monolith Soft and Nintendo Expand
  79. Apr 15, 2012
    Definitely the greatest RPG on the Wii, and one of the best on this generation's home consoles, which is truly saying something. The story is your typical RPG fare, with numerous twists along the way. What this RPG apart from others, though, is the game's unique setting. It's set on the bodies of two fossilized titans, which have enough traversable areas to constitute a world map. TheDefinitely the greatest RPG on the Wii, and one of the best on this generation's home consoles, which is truly saying something. The story is your typical RPG fare, with numerous twists along the way. What this RPG apart from others, though, is the game's unique setting. It's set on the bodies of two fossilized titans, which have enough traversable areas to constitute a world map. The characters are endearing and they each have a deep background. By the end of the game, their personalities are fully fleshed out. The battle system can remind one of an MMORPG's mechanics, but it's better than that. The action is in real time and your party attacks the enemy automatically, but you can control one party member at a time through issuing your "Arts" and various commands to your teammates. Not being able to control your other party members wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the sometimes dumb and "suicidal" AI, but it gets the job done. There's a lot of customization in this game, a unique affinity/relationship system that comprises your party and all the named NPCs you encounter. There's a ton of side-quests in this game, too, but doing too many at a time can ruin the game's pace and potentially cause you to become over-leveled. Thankfully, the quests which are assigned by unnamed NPCs (i.e. the really generic kill and fetch ones) don't require you to return to the quest giver for the reward, lessening the grind.
    Some problems aside, I recommend this game to RPG and non-RPG fans alike. It is a Nintendo game, after all.
  80. Apr 19, 2012
    Xenoblade Chronicles will immerse you in an imaginative, epic world begging to be explored.
    Aesthetically, it's an incredibly evocative, beautiful game; you'll often feel as if you're playing
    an Impressionistic painting. Combat is fun and strategic---- shared with charming companions.
    Innovative as well as nostalgic RPG elements create an engrossing, captivating experience.
  81. Apr 4, 2014
    9.7/10

Pros epic story, creative art direction, awesome voice acting, wondeful music, likeable characters, beautiful environments (especially the final few), 50+ hours of main quest, well-implemented and unique innovations Cons Wii graphics (this is a big turn off until you get used to them after which you stop grimacing so be prepared for this), a few rare stretches of slowness in
    9.7/10

Pros

Cons
    Wii graphics (this is a big turn off until you get used to them after which you stop grimacing so be prepared for this), a few rare stretches of slowness in the pacing (part of this is due to the phenomenal length of the game so this is to be expected)

Definitely one of the best RPGs I've ever played and I've played more than a few. If you have any liking for RPGs, do yourself a favor and try this game. Looking forward to the next one.
  82. Sep 23, 2012
    Such an amazing and beautiful game,the best RPG of this generation no doubt, I feel really bad about the people who just bash and don't even try this game just for not have HD graphics or just for the fact that is a Wii game
  83. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. The individuals who worked together to create this game must have poured everything they could have into it. Xenoblade is easily the best game on Wii and one of the greatest games of all time. Packaged with an engrossing story, breathtaking environments and a truly memorable soundtrack Xenoblade Chronicles stands among the hierarchy of JRPG's.
  84. Jul 3, 2013
    One of the only JRPGs that will be remembered when trying to think of great JRPGs of the seventh gen and my personal favorite. Among the others I consider would be Ni No Kuni, Tales of Graces f, and Tales of Vesperia. That is literally all out of at least two dozen JRPGs I have played. But this is a review for XC so let me talk about that.

It innovates a battle system in a way that

It innovates a battle system in a way that makes battles go by fast through auto attacking, but gives the player complete control of the flow of battle through allowing the player to choose special attacks, heal spells, link attacks, power buffs, and attack warnings.

The story provides a great and (mostly) original mythology that absolutely sucks you into the story and will have you up LONG past the time you told yourself you were going to get off the game to sleep for work tomorrow. This game will have you making predictions, and then completely throw you a curve ball and everything you thought you knew is completely wrong. The characters in this story are very likable and relatable, allowing an emotional connection with the player where you'll find yourself angry and even sad when experiencing the cost of war with these characters. The voice actors are AAA, hands down some of the best in the business. They all have British accents, which I was fine with but a heads up if those types of games turn you off.

The last thing I will talk about is just what blew my freaking socks off. The sheer ambitiousness of this game. It is made from the labor of some of the greatest RPG creators in the business and you can tell. If all you do is play PS3 and XBox 360 and just got a Wii and just got this game the graphics would still come off as a rather impressive for 480p. If you are an owner of all three systems (as I am) and you have played a ton of Wii games (as I have) and thought you knew what the system was capable of (as I did), this game literally blows your mind. Not just in graphics, but in scope of all areas. Completely sandbox open world, the maps are unbelievable large and load times between areas is very quick. The characters have three personality types for upgrading which will give the character the ability to get heal spells, damage spells, or status effect spells. All armor gotten in the game (though some designs are recycled) change the appearance of the character, and all armor can be equipped with gems that range from lvl 1 to 5 (Think equipping materia to your parties in FF VII, with just stat boosts, and resistance effects) which gives the player an insane amount of options when customizing a character. The weapons are the same way, change in appearance and can be equipped with gems. Making the player able to boost the attack on a weapon that has a status effect that they really like that doesn't require a gem to be powerful enough to damage stronger enemies.

Basically it comes down to this. This game will be regarded with the greats (for those of us who have been fortunate to game that long) such as Suikoden II, Final Fantasy VII and Lunar The Silver Star. Anyone who has a Wii U should seriously consider supporting Monolithsoft X, and keep another of the greatest RPG franchises alive.
  85. Aug 7, 2013
    This game is the best JRPG I've played in a long time! It's story, dialogues, gameplay, graphics and also it's music (which is made by Yoko, who made the music for Kingdom Hearts, too) are all really good!
    I recommend it to you, if you have a Nintendo Wii!
  86. Aug 16, 2013
    Gameplay: Amazing. OST: Awesome. Story: THE BEST. Is the best game ever for me (Ocarina of Time... was the best before I play Xenoblade). People who says it is bad... I think they are a mere haters. This game cannot have a score under 9.5, seriously.
  87. Feb 27, 2014
    Without a doubt, the greatest game I have ever played. The story, the characters, the gameplay, the music, the world...everything is just so perfect! Especially the music! If you have never played this game before, you absolutely MUST! I enjoyed all 167 hours I've spent in this game so far, and I think you will too!
  88. Feb 24, 2015
    The best game that I have ever played.
    It is almost flawless, has more than beautiful areas, a superb soundtrack and a very deep storyline with some crazy twists.
    The battle system ist complex, fun, balanced and has a lot of variety. It will take some time to get used to, but when you master it, you will love it like I and many others did. BUY THIS GAME WHEN IT COMES OUT FOR Nintendo 3DS!
  89. Dec 20, 2017
    There are so many things this game does right. An excellent story filled with mystery, betrayal, sadness, joy, and love, a beautiful soundtrack, great visuals (hey, this is a Wii game were talking about), and a lovable and memorable cast of characters. All these things add up and make this MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME.
  90. Nov 9, 2017
    Xenoblade Chronicles is simply put as one of the best JRPGs to ever grace the planet. It might seem held back by the Wii's limited hardware, but it truly succeeds at creating an environment and cast of characters that push you onward, not to mention the superb score and overarching storyline. There is little flaw to be found in Takahashi's best work.
  91. Nov 22, 2011
    Xenoblade Chronicles is the best (j)RPG within this century and one of the best RPGs ever created. The game offers great graphics, a wonderful soundtrack, top-notch gameplay, a huge and very well designed world and finally a superb story. It clealry takes the jRPG genre to the next level with lots of great features like real time combat and a 'save everywhere' function. Gamer heart, whatXenoblade Chronicles is the best (j)RPG within this century and one of the best RPGs ever created. The game offers great graphics, a wonderful soundtrack, top-notch gameplay, a huge and very well designed world and finally a superb story. It clealry takes the jRPG genre to the next level with lots of great features like real time combat and a 'save everywhere' function. Gamer heart, what do you want more? Expand
  92. Nov 28, 2011
    Awesome game and I hope the US get this game. Have not finished it yet but I see that there are many hours ahead of me with this game!!! RPG mechanics are awesome and story is pretty good so far. Tons of sidequests as well. An amazing technical and creative achievement for the Wii. This game will blow your mind with its grand scale. Easily a candidate for one of the best JRPGs of all time!Awesome game and I hope the US get this game. Have not finished it yet but I see that there are many hours ahead of me with this game!!! RPG mechanics are awesome and story is pretty good so far. Tons of sidequests as well. An amazing technical and creative achievement for the Wii. This game will blow your mind with its grand scale. Easily a candidate for one of the best JRPGs of all time! This game deserves an award for the music alone. Huge levels, interesting characters, over 450 quests, and at least 60+ hours of main story gameplay packed in this sucker. Easily the best JRPG of this gen. The game shines by its great story, rhythm and huge content. The gameplay is deep and really different with each character, so if you get tired of it mid-game, you just have to change your team to try something different. The best thing in the game is probably how hassle free the progression is, so you get 80+ hours of game, not 80 hours of leveling and wandering. Expand
  93. Apr 6, 2012
    This Game Was Simply amazing and took me for ever to get the last master but it was worth it.

This Game is just awesome, Wasted almost 100 hours of my life on this, ha ha but overall probably one of the best games we will see on the Wii.
  94. May 8, 2012
    I honestly can not give this game enough praise. Everything about this game is simply amazing, from the combat, to the story, to the rich, colorful environments, to the amazing soundtrack. I have not even finished this game halfway and it is already in my list of favorite games of all time. The overworld is HUGE. (as big as the biggest island of japan, as it were.) there are lots of sideI honestly can not give this game enough praise. Everything about this game is simply amazing, from the combat, to the story, to the rich, colorful environments, to the amazing soundtrack. I have not even finished this game halfway and it is already in my list of favorite games of all time. The overworld is HUGE. (as big as the biggest island of japan, as it were.) there are lots of side quests to do, materials to gather to rebuild your town, a surprisingly deep level up and growth system, or hell, even just go out and explore the beautiful world. The only complaint that i can possibly think of is that because its on the wii, the graphics are as good as they could be, but the amazing art direction more than makes up for it. This, imo, is truly one of the greatest rpgs i have played in years. move over, skyrim! xenoblade has you beat! Expand
  95. Nov 5, 2011
    This game makes is the best JRPG to be released ever. Look no further, it is the ultimate JRPG game. This game has some stunning environments; it even makes the environments in Final fantasy HD games seem generic and boring. The combat system is genius, but it may require some patience to fully understand it. The story is very well written, and you will fall in love with the British voiceThis game makes is the best JRPG to be released ever. Look no further, it is the ultimate JRPG game. This game has some stunning environments; it even makes the environments in Final fantasy HD games seem generic and boring. The combat system is genius, but it may require some patience to fully understand it. The story is very well written, and you will fall in love with the British voice overs. The game also features one of the best (if not the best) game music.

This Game Is definitely the best JRPG of all time. It was worth buying a Wii just for this game.
  96. Nov 11, 2011
    Hands down one of the best if not the best RPG i've played this generation. Tons of content, great characters and a storyline that gets you hooked right from the very start and never lets up all the way to its epic conclusion.
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    Huge landscapes, lots of side quests, beautiful music and graphics, party members' affinities. Took me about 120 hours to do a good amount of side quests and reach the ending, and there was still a lot I didn't complete. Still hoping Nintendo of America decides to release this gem of a game, which is specially a triumph for Japan-developed RPGs often criticized for being stagnant.Huge landscapes, lots of side quests, beautiful music and graphics, party members' affinities. Took me about 120 hours to do a good amount of side quests and reach the ending, and there was still a lot I didn't complete. Still hoping Nintendo of America decides to release this gem of a game, which is specially a triumph for Japan-developed RPGs often criticized for being stagnant. Congratulations Monolithsoft, you did a damn well job developing this game, LOVED IT! Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    Xenoblade is one of the greatest JRPGs ever made. It takes everything that we love in JRPGs, the epic stories, crazy characters, and unique art and merges it with all the latest positive aspects of modern RPGs and MMOs. Gone is the tedium and grinding of old-school RPGs, rather, the combat puts you in control, and the travel system helps keep things moving. Plus this game is open-world, soXenoblade is one of the greatest JRPGs ever made. It takes everything that we love in JRPGs, the epic stories, crazy characters, and unique art and merges it with all the latest positive aspects of modern RPGs and MMOs. Gone is the tedium and grinding of old-school RPGs, rather, the combat puts you in control, and the travel system helps keep things moving. Plus this game is open-world, so you get a fantastic story combined with free roaming. ++++ It's just a dang shame so few people will play this game, because at the risk of speaking blasphemy, it's superior to Xenogears and just about any other JRPG. A must-play if you like RPGs. Expand
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    Easily the best jrpg this generation, anyone with a wii should get this game. Huge expansive enviroments that look gorgeous, decent story with great battle system. You will easily get 60 hours out of this game and more if you do all the sidequests. It's a shame it's not out in the US because this is a game that should be enjoyed by everyone.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2012
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2012

Universal acclaim - based on 59 Critic Reviews

1. May 24, 2012
    Xenoblade may not be the greatest JRPG ever, but it's certainly one of the best games on the Nintendo Wii.
  2. Apr 19, 2012
    There's a lot more to recommend Xenoblade Chronicles. The dialogue, the humor, the artwork, the prophecy system, the music, the variety of environments, the character progression, the crafting system, the crazy quest density, the quest quality, the memorable characters, the collectibles, the secrets, and so on. This is a landmark achievement in the genre. As of its release, you can no longer talk about great RPGs, or maybe even great games, without also talking about Xenoblade Chronicles.
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    Xenoblade Chronicles is the sort of precious jRPG that this recent console generation has sorely lacked. Despite some missteps and over-complication, the game stands out as one of the best in recent years. Xenoblade creates a world simply begging to be explored.