- Summary: This installment in the Call of Duty series features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have beenThis installment in the Call of Duty series features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently changed. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. In Call of Duty: Ghosts you don't just create a class, you create a soldier. Choose the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and you can even create a female soldier for the first time. With over 20,000 possible combinations, you can create the soldier you've always wanted. And each soldier you create will also have his or her own load outs.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Tea Time UK TV Spot
Nov 5, 2013The single player campaign is a wild ride despite its underwhelming storyline and short play through while the multiplayer aspects of the game take the cake and raise the franchise to even higher heights. It's jam packed with all sorts of new content from an engaging squads mode, a hectic Extinction mode and a new slate of multiplayer features to keep the core Call of Duty gamers playing for hours on end.
Nov 5, 2013Infinity Ward goofs up on the campaign with a dull story and a totally forgettable villain, but they recover on the multiplayer side with some very nice maps, great bots AI, the usual frenzied gameplay and the highly addicting Extinction mode. Overall, though, CoD Ghosts lacks the magnificence and innovation we would have expected from IW's new work after the Modern Warfare trilogy.
Nov 4, 2013A series in serious danger of outstaying its welcome, Call of Duty is once again a victim of its own success, unable to change the winning formula too much. And yet, Infinity Ward has still managed to craft a first-person shooter that is exciting, engaging and unreservedly fun.
Nov 5, 2013The single player campaign is slightly less ambitious however the multiplayer is 100% worth the buy. It's action packed and could hardly askThe single player campaign is slightly less ambitious however the multiplayer is 100% worth the buy. It's action packed and could hardly ask for more. LOVE THE GAME!!… Expand
Mar 24, 2016While the game does not have a long campaign, its surprisingly fun, with an ending I won't spoil. The multiplayer does get boring though.While the game does not have a long campaign, its surprisingly fun, with an ending I won't spoil. The multiplayer does get boring though. Extinction is decent.… Expand
Apr 12, 2014COD: Ghost may mark the begin of the downfall of COD. In the past there was at least some consistency between the different COD games fromCOD: Ghost may mark the begin of the downfall of COD. In the past there was at least some consistency between the different COD games from different developers. However Ghost has readjusted the levels forcing player to pretty much relearn how to play the game. The biggest being damage levels. Regular mode multiplayer feels almost like Hardcore on previous CODs and Hardcore mode might as well be insta-kill. That along with large difference on how to play different classes of weapons to even the weapons themselves calls for a decent amount of learning, practice, and proper class setups to make them work. Single player mode retains most of it previous CODs theatrics, cinematic moments, and just plain gimmicks to make it as interesting as always. The create a player for multiplayer ended up as just another gimmick rather than an engaging, personal touch. The lack of selection, customization and sheer work to get even somewhat interesting options completely take away from the worthwhile aspect of this feature. ( Why is it that you have to unlock some of even the regular character heads not to mention 1 or 2 versions of each head with paint on them.) This is an aspect I have had for a FPS game for a while now and was excited that it was finally being done. However even before it came out I knew it would be poorly executed and not executed correctly to give the players the true customize, personalized feel. (There is no pride in the characters I have created. They are just another random soldier that doesn't stick out and looks like a dozen others) Finally however there are a few cool gimmicks that Ghost has offered that do bring an element of interest to the game and salvage a part of its reputation. First off the Micheal Myers and Predator field orders. These two are really cool and highly sought after additions to the game. They add a whole different feel, twist, and exhilaration to the game. ( Your blood pumps just a little faster when you hear the music change and know that Micheal Myers or Predator is out there on the prowl.) Finally there is the addition of some of the classic levels from previous COD series being brought back in map packs. While this is one that I have always wondered why they didn't do in previous COD titles I have to say that now I may know why. It is good to see some of these return however they seem to fall short and not feel as interesting as before. Also some of these have come back under the wrong pretenses. While it is advertised as a new map pack your are really getting an old map and then a few new maps. Also the names for these maps should stay the same as the old maps. (Ultimately they probably should just be bundled together in a old school map pack.) The final enhancements of new dog/wolf skin and villains map pack have been interesting and a small step in the right direction to giving the game a slight bit of a custom feel. COD: Ghost overall however has been a let down. Now we will just have to wait and see if next will continue the downward slide or if Activision will be able to redeem itself.… Expand
Nov 19, 2014In all honesty, I have played cod since mw2. Ghosts however is the worst yet. Originally, I thought black ops 1 was the worst, however playingIn all honesty, I have played cod since mw2. Ghosts however is the worst yet. Originally, I thought black ops 1 was the worst, however playing it again it's not as bad as I thought. I'm going off topic here but there are good and bad points about Ghosts.
1. On multiplayer, the guns are fun and really good to use.
2. It's the first cod to customise your own soldiers which is quite cool
3. Some new original killstreaks are added onto this game including the maniac, guard dog etc.
1. As I said before about the killstreaks in one of my good points about the game, however these killstreaks are actually worthless they hardly kill anyone. Support killstreaks should have not been in the game to begin with,
2. There are not enough maps in the game and most of them are too big, they suck and basically requires you to waste more money on dlc map packs which apparently are really good. If they sucked big time then playing multiplayer is basically pointless. The game has some of the worst maps in cod history including whiteout, siege, stormfront, free fall and chasm (which is the worst out of the lot)
3. Infinity Ward added a new game mode called extinction, I only played it once I thought it was really bad and never played it since. This is basically a rip off version of black ops zombies. I find black ops zombie to be one of the best game modes in history it's so fun and addicting. It also saved black ops 1 from being a disappointing instalment in the cod series. In a cod game when would you be coming up against frickin' aliens, from the trailers it looked cool but playing the actual game mode it is one of the worst game modes I have ever played, but that's not the only game mode I find terrible which brings us to the next bad point.
4. Search and Rescue, don't even get me started on that game mode. This is one of the main reasons I hate cod ghosts, they combined search and destroy and kill confirmed into one game mode it doesn't work that way. Many times when I play team tactical and when s&r pops up everyone votes for it, most of the time I would leave the lobby so I can avoid it and even when playing the game mode, when you kill an enemy Infinity Ward thought of the idea of having dog tags lying around and to confirm the kill you have to pick up the tag, however when trying to retrieve it about a second later you are dead because of some enemy decides to camp and makes me rage and spitting out "Stop camping you **** play the game properly" and stuff like that. If it's one ghosts 2 in the next couple of years, then that game can just go by the waste side.
5. There are a couple of other game modes that were added into the game, Infinity Ward put Blitz and Cranked into this game. Why? them game modes are really boring and gamers would tend not to play on these game modes. The thing that annoys me a lot this that they replaced Demolition which in my opinion is the best game mode on cod multiplayer history.
6. The graphics look really dull and depressing, where is the colour and texture? I find it really hard to see your enemies on the screen because they are basically camouflaged in the background, buildings, anything
7. I said before the guns were really good, however they are the same guns from black ops 2 but with a few new guns featured.
8. It's just the same as mw3 but a lot worse.
There is not much to say about campaign, in general I think it's ok could have been longer but nothing special just an ordinary campaign mode.
Overall, this game was a huge disappointment. Infinity Ward should have just stopped making more COD games because when they made mw3 it was not as good as mw2 but I could tell that Ghosts was going to be worse. For Ghosts 2 please do not make a copy of mw3, take out support killstreaks and in general just take killstreaks out overall and bring scorestreaks in, take out extinction because it is a waste of game data and design much better maps and have a couple of small maps to begin with.
If Infinity Ward fail to do that then it's bye bye to the cod games that Infinity Ward make. If you want a cod game that has good guns this might be the game for you. But if want a cod game that is copy of another cod game, STAY AWAY!!! save your money on a cod game that will actually be good.
Fingers crossed let's hope Advanced Warfare will be good.… Expand
Jan 9, 2014This is the worst Call of Duty yet. It has such potential but absolutely no backing. The spawns are stupid, the Matching program isThis is the worst Call of Duty yet. It has such potential but absolutely no backing. The spawns are stupid, the Matching program is horrible, the lag is horrible. To top it off it is so bad that if you back out of a game it will put you right back in until that match is finished. This is a big waste of money and will probably be the last COD I purchase and probably my last Xbox game period. The network is oversold without being upgraded. If it is associated with Activision it is TRASH.… Expand
Dec 22, 2013The funny thing in my mind is that if Ghosts actually went by its apparent ideas of guerrilla warfare, of laying traps, using stolen enemyThe funny thing in my mind is that if Ghosts actually went by its apparent ideas of guerrilla warfare, of laying traps, using stolen enemy weapons and approaching enemies with more thought than shooting anything that moves, that it would be a cult hit for those longing for an expansion of CoD4's All Ghillied Up missions Unfortunately, in the hands of a post Zampella/West Inifinity Ward, it is bizarrely as bad, even worse than its World War 3 styled predecessors in terms of bombastic set pieces, and about as stealthy as a truck with giant amps blaring out nu-metal full blast at the enemy.
The graphics may claim to be better, but such bland art direction makes it look worse than Black Ops 2's near future style. Gameplay is as recycled as you can get, and new ideas seem to be taken as jokes by the devs, who would much rather stick with their formula than try anything remotely new, in case players have a weird fear of change.
The campaign is very forgettable, and considering that an oscar winner wrote it that's a surprise. It is just as racially insensitive as MW3 when it comes to depicting anyone other than the U.S (come on, South america this time?), and there is no emotional connection to the player character. Crucially, it takes itself far too seriously, so there is no fun to be had at its own silliness the way Blops 2 had.
Simply put, doesn't live up to its promises, and instead sticks to a far too worn path that most have got sick of at this point.… Expand
Nov 7, 2013Here’s the deal: the game is nothing short of an embarrassment. People here are criticizing Ghosts because “it’s recycled”. I agree with thatHere’s the deal: the game is nothing short of an embarrassment. People here are criticizing Ghosts because “it’s recycled”. I agree with that to a certain extent it’s recycled, but for me, I would have loved another game like MW2 or MW3. Recycling gamepay that’s head-and-shoulders above everything else on Xbox 360 isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The problem with Ghosts for me, fundamentally, are three-fold: the maps, the guns and the instant-kill-time. The maps are, well, let’s be honest, diabolical. They’re far to large and it’s like IW decided it wanted to compete with Battlefield, and missed the point as to what makes COD brilliant; which is, insanely fast-paced, non-stop adrenaline-pumped action. By making the maps too large, the fast-paced action that makes COD brilliant dissipates and occasionally you’re left wondering around the map looking for people to shoot.
Secondly, the guns have no character. That might sound very vague, but you’ll understand what I mean when you play the game. When you fired a gun in, say, MW3, such as the LSW or the Barret 50, they felt visceral. The power of the gun was effectively translated to your ears and almost reverberated throughout your entire body. They felt lethal. That’s not the case with the guns in Ghosts. They sound dull and identikit. Thirdly, the game is essentially like playing hardcore-mode in MW3 because you die so fast. In Ghosts bullets seem to kill you in nano-seconds, and unless you have the reaction-times of a house-fly on amphetamines, you’re going to die 99% of time when someone fires the first shot. Also, taking an objective look at the graphics and comparing them with MW3, as I did last night, I don’t think the game looks as good. The guns, arguably look prettier, but the maps look scruffy.
There are lots of other things that irk about the game, such as Dead Silence still being negated by Sitrep-pro (or as it’s called now ‘Amplifier) meaning those people who have money to spend on expensive Turtle Beach surround-sound headsets will have a massive and unfair advantage over those who perhaps can’t afford such gaming equipment. It’s elitist and IW knows how unpopular Siterp-pro was in game-modes such as S&D in MW3, because of the endless forum-posts berating them for allowing Sitrep-pro to counter Dead Silence, and yet, apparently, they don’t care. Some have speculated that IW has a ‘special relationship’ with Turtle Beach (the manufactures of gaming-headsets), perhaps explaining why they won’t remove it. Whatever the case, I’m certainly not going to be wasting my time crouch-walking around maps in S&R on Ghosts simply to avoid the people sound-whoring me from 50 yards away. I simply don’t have the patience for that BS anymore.
GOD is afraid to change. It’s terrified of doing something radically different in fear of alienating the pre-existing fan-base, but paradoxically, that fan-base is growing tired of the same regurgitated gameplay year-after-year. New game-modes and replacing people with aliens isn’t enough anymore. COD needs to evolve, it needs to be dramatically reinvented because if it doesn’t, other games like Titan Fall will, and they’ll steal COD’s FPS-crown. The developers and publishers of Ghosts strike me as the sort of people who think they can keep rehashing the same gameplay year-after-year and expect ever-increasing sales. It doesn’t work like that. If you regurgitate the same stuff year-in and year-out people will stop buying your crap. It’s that simple, and it’s why Ghosts only has a Metacritic user-score of 2.1 out of 10 and why sales are down. The developers of Ghosts are so ineffably lazy, they even copy-and-pasted cut-scene animations from MW2. Anyone seen that on YouTube? This is a company that makes billions and yet they’re still using the same vehicles in the game’s multiplayer environment from COD4.
What other things irked about the game? Oh yeah, they promised dedicated servers, which would have solved a multitude of problems, including perhaps even alleviating the unbalanced ‘lag compensation’, but lag compensation is still a game-breaking problem, an issue that was hardly noticeable in MW2. Also, they promised no quick-scoping, but that was apparently a lie. In my opinion COD4 and MW2 were the apex of the series. At their height, nothing comes close to their raw emotional, unpredictable highs. Ever since MW2 the game’s overall quality has taken a big hit. To their credit, IW have included destructible environments and evolving maps, but Battlefield 4’s destructible environments easily trump Ghosts. Oh, and the main campaign in Ghosts is very short. Expect it to last around 4 hours. I could go on and on berating Ghosts for hours because I’m so disappointed, but these are only inherently, structurally-limited 5000 letter captions and unfortunately I’ve run out of room. My score is... 0. The game of course isn’t a 0, but I’ve had enough of the same regurgitated content and my score reflects my crushing disappointment.… Expand