7.3

1. GlynneF.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Ok, this game is better on pc for 2 reasons 1. controls (mouse is better) 2. graphics (not by much tho) the xbox 360 version tho has my favourite feature EXCELLENT MULTIPLAYER! the graphics may be sucky and the control scheme not as good as the pc''s but when does that matter when you are having a good time on xbox live with your mates defininetly worth a purchase if you Ok, this game is better on pc for 2 reasons 1. controls (mouse is better) 2. graphics (not by much tho) the xbox 360 version tho has my favourite feature EXCELLENT MULTIPLAYER! the graphics may be sucky and the control scheme not as good as the pc''s but when does that matter when you are having a good time on xbox live with your mates defininetly worth a purchase if you don't have a amazing pc. Expand
  2. DGrim
    May 8, 2007
    First great RTS for console, hopefully this starts a trend. Very polished and smooth gameplay. Multiplayer and Skrimish modes extends replayable for as long as you have your 360
  3. McBain17
    Jun 5, 2007
    This game is great. From the full motion video to the game play itself its everything any C&C fan has grown to love. There seems to be a lot of complaing about controls, I own a PC and don't see the complaint at all. You can smoothly control everything on the battlefield. I was surprised at that like most just because this type of game is meant for the PC. The graphics are solid (you This game is great. From the full motion video to the game play itself its everything any C&C fan has grown to love. There seems to be a lot of complaing about controls, I own a PC and don't see the complaint at all. You can smoothly control everything on the battlefield. I was surprised at that like most just because this type of game is meant for the PC. The graphics are solid (you can zoom in and out and rotate 360) and the campaigns and skirmishes a blast. There are several ways to set up your AI oppenents who are no push over. It took me 5 trys before I beat 3 medium AI oppenents in a single skirmish. That alone gives it huge replay value as no one single skirmish is the same. I only have two complaints. The first is that you can't control the teck level as in previous games. It was fun if you felt like it to limit the level of technology so you could have a massive infrantry war with pill boxes (now gun towers/lasers) or a low level of apc or the like. That feature is missing, and along with my next complaint kept this game from a ten. The second issue is the frame rate. When games gets to MASSIVE with hundreds of units on your side and the AI's or human the game bogs down. This is a must play for a novice or experienced RTS player who owns a 360. Expand
  4. JG
    Jun 8, 2007
    C&C3 is a great RTS for the 360, easier to maneuver than LOTR.
  5. JaydinD.
    Sep 1, 2007
    I think this was a great addition to the C&C series and has stunning graphics.
  6. NickoleP.
    Apr 9, 2008
    It's one of the best games I've ever played!
  7. FPSMaster
    May 13, 2007
    Another nice try at having an RTS on a console with nice controls, I'll give it that. But I just don't see the huge deal with these kinds of games after playing the 2 on my 360. It's not that's there's too much going on, it's that there does't seem to be a point to having so many resources to deal with at once. I know that part of the game is necessary Another nice try at having an RTS on a console with nice controls, I'll give it that. But I just don't see the huge deal with these kinds of games after playing the 2 on my 360. It's not that's there's too much going on, it's that there does't seem to be a point to having so many resources to deal with at once. I know that part of the game is necessary to keep you from having everything at all times, but why not give me a certain number of resources and let me fight like a real war commander? He doesn't deal with building all this crap. it's given to him by a higher power THEN he utilizes it. It's almost like they add all that stuff to do to cover up the fact that there's not much gameplay here outside of managing resources for 80% of the game. Company of Heroes nailed it with the gameplay, management and resources balance, so C&C and other games like it just feel outdated now. Speaking of COH, why can't I zoom in that far in C&C like i could in the aformentioned game to see what's in front of me and all the detial? The details look nice in this game other than some blurriness and screen tearing, but it seems kinda pointless to have all this detial when I can't get close enough to see it. The cutscenes and voice acting are terrible to say the least. Maybe this just isn't my kind of game no matter how much I try to like it, but it just feels pointless. It would be different if there was more action, but it feels like you spend more time building cranes and factories than actually commanding and conquering. They might have changed this a lot since Generals to be faster paced for the console audience, but I think maybe at least for a console they should have rethought the difference in what PC gamers want and what console gamers want. In a word: BORING. Expand
  8. HaroldO.
    May 21, 2007
    RTS games should stick to the pc, i love c&c as much as anyone but the controls just plain suck, i never felt like i actually had control of the battlefield like i do with a mouse compared to the 360 controller.
  9. TimC.
    May 8, 2007
    I think this is leading the way in bringing RTS to the console. If you think back to the days FPS can to console everyone said it wasn't as good as the PC. Look at it now, more players play console FPS games than PC games. I think RTS will end up be mainly on console over the next 5-7 years. I think if you look at this as its own game and don't compare it to the PC, it's a I think this is leading the way in bringing RTS to the console. If you think back to the days FPS can to console everyone said it wasn't as good as the PC. Look at it now, more players play console FPS games than PC games. I think RTS will end up be mainly on console over the next 5-7 years. I think if you look at this as its own game and don't compare it to the PC, it's a totally different game, you'll see it's really good. Ok I know its the same game as the PC, but as soon as you play it on a controller its really a different game. Well that's my thoughts Expand
  10. Andrew
    Jun 28, 2007
    Well, it's no Company of Heroes. That's for sure. Or HomeWorld. Or StarCraft. Or even C&C: Red Alert. Seems like a reasonable iteration on the franchise, but it's nothing great.
  11. ConnerD
    Aug 25, 2009
    I didn't like it. It was too complicated. While there's nothing wrong with that, controls are not the place for it. Also, the cut scenes are stupid. While Hollywood actors and actresses in video game cut scenes could be good, they make it seem like a cheesy 60's sci-fi movie.
  12. P.
    May 26, 2007
    I'm impressed. I picked up C&C for 360 and was very surprised to find that the controller is actually usable. While some key functions are missing (move/control using minimap, path waypoints, and map hotkeys), the important ones are pretty intuitive and easy to use. The gameplay itself is great. It retains all of the solid C&C gameplay fundamentals while making improvements wherever I'm impressed. I picked up C&C for 360 and was very surprised to find that the controller is actually usable. While some key functions are missing (move/control using minimap, path waypoints, and map hotkeys), the important ones are pretty intuitive and easy to use. The gameplay itself is great. It retains all of the solid C&C gameplay fundamentals while making improvements wherever possible. While I haven't played the PC version yet, I must admit that I didn't miss the mouse and keyboard all that much. Expand
  13. Jul 15, 2011
    A great strategy game and a solid UI from my experience, its definitely a challenge and can keep you busy for hours on end. Put aside the cheesy cut scenes and its actually a good fun game to absorb yourself into if you like this style of game.
  14. Jul 27, 2011
    The campaign is very fun and the live action cut scenes are cheesy in the perfect way. The factions are perfectly balanced in skirmish and online multiplayer. I really love this game and recommend it to any strategy fan although the A.I. is very challenging even on the easy difficulties.
  15. Aug 1, 2012
    Good game, better than I expected for a console RTS. As others have mentioned, acting is sub-par, but most of the missions are enjoyable. I may be biased due to the fact that I loved the original C&C, but I thought this was a pretty decent game.
  16. Sep 26, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised to see just how well this handled on a console. Still not as good as the PC, but a good attempt and it ended up being very enjoyable.

Compelling single player campaigns with a great story arc, a shame the Scrin Campaign was so short and not as flushed out as GDI's or NOD's.

Overall:
    A good addition to the series and a much needed good RTS game for the consoles.
  17. Jan 18, 2014
    For an RTS on a console this game is good but suffers from the same old control issues of all RTS games not on PC. The fact is this game offers nothing new to the franchise and is a box standard command and conquer title but is the best RTS on the 360 so it's only worth playing if you can pick it up for under £5 and you have the RTS itch......... although I would also consult a doctor.

1. Though not perfect, this is the best RTS title you're going to find on a console, bar-none. Even fans of the genre on the PC should give the title's 360 outing a go. You may even find that it's worth losing your keyboard and mouse controls for the comfort of the couch.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine
    It may not be the most elegant or thoughtful of strategy games, but C&C 3 can't be beat when it comes to super-slick, visceral mayhem. Pledge you allegiance to Kane if you've been craving sizzling RTS action - he won't disappoint you. [June 2007, p.68]
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars does all that rather well, and even streamlines the fine BFME2 controls, letting you construct units and buildings without having to scroll back to click on the proper source structure. [June 2007, p.86]