7.9

1. mgravy
    Oct 14, 2008
    Only thing preventing this from getting a 10 is the fact that 10 is perfectionand theres a couple of tiny flaws ad ways it could be improved slightly. amazing though. Not played PES but the last 2 before this year I've found it inferior, and when FIFA is this good this time out on the pitch I do;t see it changing.
  2. MrSvennis
    Oct 18, 2008
    In some ways FIFA is still not as intuitive as PES but once you learn to play the game it is far deeper. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay challenging, the online modes fantastic. I was a confirmed PES fan but I have crossed to the dark side as FIFA is the best footy game for years and PES is once again a pale shadow of former glories.
  3. NikB
    Oct 24, 2008
    This is the first FIFA I have preferred over PES.. everything seems so slick in this release - the graphics and design are stunning, without lagging or chugging, and the gameplay has been improved to be more realistic. I never thought I would change over to FIFA, but Pro Evo is continually putting out similar versions each year and being left way behind.
  4. TonyD
    Dec 6, 2008
    Full of stuff to do and see. especially its more real than pro this year. this is my first fifa and only fifa. i usually bought pro becuse i thought it was a simulation but if you cant see than the tables have turned then your dellusional or dont know a thing about football to wise up and go play a poor japaneese football arcade game.
  5. KhristianR.
    Oct 6, 2008
    It would have been nice though to have more of the Rest of the World teams. Also legendary players like Litmanen, Batistuta, Zola, Bergkamp, Zidane - or maybe you unlock them? FIFA 09, advances on last year's effort that finally put FIFA ahead of Pro Evolution Soccer. Only this has even more detail, greater animations and even more realism. A few tweaks have been made to the It would have been nice though to have more of the Rest of the World teams. Also legendary players like Litmanen, Batistuta, Zola, Bergkamp, Zidane - or maybe you unlock them? FIFA 09, advances on last year's effort that finally put FIFA ahead of Pro Evolution Soccer. Only this has even more detail, greater animations and even more realism. A few tweaks have been made to the management sides. I think if the management side was as indepth as Football Manager, you'd have the best of both worlds lol. FIFA is the best Football game on the market and even if your not a football fan, its just a very well made game that deserves to be played. SCORE : 90% Expand
  6. TroyW.
    Oct 6, 2008
    As a FIFA fan I had high expectations for this one and I would have to say that it is the best by far of any I have played. The graphics are stunning and the new features including the collision system and ball control is great and makes for a more realistic experience. 10 out of 10 for sure.
  7. JimP.
    Jan 16, 2009
    Having never played the PES franchise and really not getting into the soccer (as we Yankees call it) gaming franchise until Euro 2008, I was surprised at how well FIFA 09 was done. My friend who hates watching soccer called Euro 2008 the "best sports game he's played in a while." FIFA 09 was pretty much the same thing with slightly better graphics, slightly better handling, and many Having never played the PES franchise and really not getting into the soccer (as we Yankees call it) gaming franchise until Euro 2008, I was surprised at how well FIFA 09 was done. My friend who hates watching soccer called Euro 2008 the "best sports game he's played in a while." FIFA 09 was pretty much the same thing with slightly better graphics, slightly better handling, and many more teams (and commentary tracks). One thing I had to severely ding FIFA 09 on was its lack of a co-op "Be a Pro" mode that was present in Euro 2008 in the "Captain Your Country" mode. The game also gets repetitive after a while after you improve your pro character and they get really good. The only thing to do is ratchet up the difficulty and once you get used to how the computer plays, it's just a matter of polishing the play. I understand that with the immense number of players that are in the various leagues that are used in the game that it's hard to have a single announcer team speak all the names, but I think that at least giving one announce team a better variety of last names to say would have been nicer. However, with the downloadable commentary tracks it's fun to play in the Polska Liga with the Polish announcers speaking in the background. I have yet to try the online mode, but I generically don't play online with sports games anyway, since I'm not that good. I also have yet to try out the Manager Mode, which seems like it would be a great way to enjoy the game (although I don't like that achievement that says play every game in a Manager Mode career without missing one...). But with my limited experience with the soccer sports genre, I do have to say that FIFA 09 certainly slapped Madden 09 in the face in terms of quality and I'll be happy to buy FIFA 2011 when it comes out (I only buy sports games every other year). Expand
  8. GordP
    Apr 12, 2009
    lots of fun to play and the commentary was good for most parts. one thing that annoyed me though was when players when strangely pass to the other team or the only player offside even when you try aiming and pushing in the direction where you want the pass to go. Other than a couple of minor faults this is far and away my favourite football game
  9. NamT
    May 12, 2009
    Fifa took Pro Evo
  10. mikee704
    Jul 26, 2009
    Really the only problem in this game is the amount of glitches there are everything else is awesome!!! I mean they improved manager mode to being better. They made be a pro mode and that is a really fun mode but dont forget about tournament and lounge mode and u still have online to play especially as when you have that 11 vs 11 and your one player and dont forget about ranked matches. Really the only problem in this game is the amount of glitches there are everything else is awesome!!! I mean they improved manager mode to being better. They made be a pro mode and that is a really fun mode but dont forget about tournament and lounge mode and u still have online to play especially as when you have that 11 vs 11 and your one player and dont forget about ranked matches. well the only bad thing is the glitches but it wont slow the game down from being the best soccer game out there at the moment. this years fifa is way better than pes. so go to gamestop and get your copy today. Expand
  11. Feb 24, 2011
    Nice, this is the type of soccer game I can recommend, the graphics are alright, and at least they didn't add the curves while players are running but they have to run straight without losing any balance to the ball.
    I you compare it to FIFA 10, not really, even though FIFA promised that most players moralities would be even higher, but looks like, still the same thing. Anyway on FIfa 09 you don't get as much as bugs as FIFA 10.The bad thing though is the AI is a bit slow when you want to make slick passes, and it's really detailed as FIFA 10's graphics. Though for game speed it's simple and fast.

FIFA 09 returns to the pitch full of swagger, and it does it’s very best to deliver on EA Sport’s promise of creating the definitive football title. An exacting game on the pitch and an overwhelmingly comprehensive one off of it.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    FIFA 09 comes with a new system of passes, stunning graphics and the all elements are taken almost to perfection. Fun for both newcomers and veterans! [Oct 2008]
  3. The best FIFA game ever made. Over to you Konami.