6.8

1. May 18, 2011
    Like 'flipping a coin?' Like playing with a bunch of Tweenz? Like being involved with a horribly unbalanced, trying to be 'TV' skank that you had to pay for the privlage of playing?
    Welcome to FHP...
  2. Aug 30, 2013
    Like Bingo? This is the game for you. It is hard to find a real poker game because of the all-inners. However, if you like the soap opera drama....there is plenty with the on-line chat. Texas heat is full of glitches and the majority of the time you end up playing the bots. Don't waste your money.
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    If you like online Texas Hold'em then you will like this game. If you are new to the ONLINE poker scene then you may be a bit frustrated with actions of the other players. You will get the people who are too scared to play and fold on every hand. The players who raise/go all in all the time with or without a good hand. And my favorite the people who dont pay attention and get timed outIf you like online Texas Hold'em then you will like this game. If you are new to the ONLINE poker scene then you may be a bit frustrated with actions of the other players. You will get the people who are too scared to play and fold on every hand. The players who raise/go all in all the time with or without a good hand. And my favorite the people who dont pay attention and get timed out every hand.

The single player is fun but there are very clear styles of play for each AI opponent. For instance the aggressive player may go all in with $1,000 before you even get to see the flop. Or the timid players tend to fold on every hand.

If you can be patient and wait for a good hand then the outcome is worth it. I cant wait to play the Heat shows. Just dont expect to be playing some super smart computer that makes good decisions.
  4. Apr 30, 2011
    If you play poker at ALL, this game is awesome. A very nice implementation of avatars and fun and varied play. Many online modes. Only complaints are no Omaha or Stud, but that's pretty minor. Just watch out for the donkeys gambling 50k with 39 offsuit. Texas Heat is awesome as well. Computer AI is pretty horrible, but playing against real players really does help train you to be a betterIf you play poker at ALL, this game is awesome. A very nice implementation of avatars and fun and varied play. Many online modes. Only complaints are no Omaha or Stud, but that's pretty minor. Just watch out for the donkeys gambling 50k with 39 offsuit. Texas Heat is awesome as well. Computer AI is pretty horrible, but playing against real players really does help train you to be a better player. Especially if you're bored ever since Full Tilt shut down... Expand
  5. May 23, 2011
    Incredibly fun and entertaining, but also can be challenging at times. A good game for all fans of poker, but also for the newbie. The best poker game out there by a distance.
  6. May 11, 2012
    This is very enjoyable. Great poker rules and fun to play with friends, especially since you see their avatars. I wish that there was a little more substance, but it's honestly the best poker game.
  7. Mar 19, 2011
    I love Texas Hold'em, and I saw the demo available, so I thought what the heck! There in lies the first issue, I feel that any game that has multiplayer ability should allow each user to have access to the multiplayer even if only for a limited time. Other than that...the game has some upsides and was worth the download for the most part. I would really like to see a poker game like thisI love Texas Hold'em, and I saw the demo available, so I thought what the heck! There in lies the first issue, I feel that any game that has multiplayer ability should allow each user to have access to the multiplayer even if only for a limited time. Other than that...the game has some upsides and was worth the download for the most part. I would really like to see a poker game like this that has tournament modes within the multiplayer in which you can earn MSpoints, and other prizes for how you play and place in these tourneys. I definitely understand there will probably never be the option of actually gambling over an Xbox connection, but there has to be a better way of keeping those types of players we all could live without. I want an experience that is not only fun, but actually helps raise the level of each players game, because in the end, we all know poker is as much about skill as it is luck. Anyone who has got their pocket aces cracked after a pre-flop all-in by a person who had no business calling knows what I mean. Expand
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    Its good enough for a poker fix, not much else. I think there is market for this type of game just nobody seems to be picking up the slack. I rate it about 6.7.
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    Too many glitches & constantly rolling the dice with numerous all in bets, which win without any reason or rhyme. Leveling up is easy and avatars are okay. But does that really matter when the poker game itself is a joke?
  10. Aug 31, 2013
    Online is just as bad. Again, play progresses so slowly as to be frustrating. The one thing this offers is the opportunity to talk to your opponents. Unfortunately, most players on Live are so unknowledgable that playing just isn't very fun. Am I going to call somebody's all in with Ace-rag? Probably not, but in this game it might be the best hand. Players tend to push all-in quiteOnline is just as bad. Again, play progresses so slowly as to be frustrating. The one thing this offers is the opportunity to talk to your opponents. Unfortunately, most players on Live are so unknowledgable that playing just isn't very fun. Am I going to call somebody's all in with Ace-rag? Probably not, but in this game it might be the best hand. Players tend to push all-in quite frequently, hoping to get lucky. If you try to play reasonably well, then you'll end up folding all the time. If you want to play at all, you'll need to take a chance with average cards and end up losing your stack. Of course, this is a problem when playing with free money, no matter the program, but the program is cumbersome and makes this game too frustrating to play. At least in most free games, play progresses so quickly that you do not sacrifice much time by folding frequently.

My advice: download a free program from one of the dozens of online poker sites and save yourself $10.
  11. Apr 12, 2015
    Great game! I love playing it a lot it has good game modes. The texas heat barely works though and they barely do it anymore. And that was one of my favorite parts of the game. That's why I give it a 9.

My Advice: I would but the game. it's good if you love poker!
  12. Feb 24, 2019
    Best xbox avatar game yet! The game play is great, the designs are beautiful, i really enjoyed it!

1. Dec 12, 2011
    As a multiplayer game, this is sure to bring some friends together for some online poker who might not otherwise be able to play together, and at that point the pacing of the game isn't really that important. As a single player game, if you can put aside the duration of the tournaments and look at the AI that the game has in the form of the Pros, then this game really succeeds in my opinion.
  2. Games Master UK
    May 6, 2011
    You had us at 'dog mask'. [June 2011, p.81]
    But for now, you're buying what feels like an early beta test. [June 2011, p.77]