- Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Release Date: Nov 18, 2010
- Critic score
- By date
Jan 2, 2011A half-hearted collection of minigames that would excite a pigeon.
Jan 9, 2011Do you like Kinect? Don't bother with this title and stick to the rest. 16 minigames, 16 ways to get bored, or frustrated. This at least is an achievement.
Jan 10, 2011Even if Game Party was the only party-oriented Kinect game, we still wouldn't recommend it. [Feb 2011, p.73]
Dec 23, 2010Game Party: In Motion shows that not every Kinect game is a ton of fun. This game is a complete disaster. Whatever you do, don't buy it.
Xbox World 360 Magazine UKDec 28, 2010As uninspiring as it's bland title. Blah. [Jan 2011]
Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 9 Ratings
User score distribution:
Positive: 1 out of 9
Mixed: 3 out of 9
Negative: 5 out of 9
Nov 27, 2013Game Party: In Motion is probably not the best game for the Xbox. The only fun on this game is if you play it in multiplayer mode. TheGame Party: In Motion is probably not the best game for the Xbox. The only fun on this game is if you play it in multiplayer mode. The graphics aren't to bad, but the controls are still a little lack.… Full Review »
Mar 25, 2013I bought this game from a bargin bin for around 10 bucks, yet that feel's like I wasted my money. The game is broken. The Kinect settings areI bought this game from a bargin bin for around 10 bucks, yet that feel's like I wasted my money. The game is broken. The Kinect settings are so bad that the only way to gain any score from any actions in this game would be purely coincidental. I think I hit a target in the darts by jumping up and down in frustration with the game. The other major flaw is the lack of controller support, meaning that you literally have to use the Kinect features to navigate the menu which is extremely difficult to use and only registers very precise and out of place hand signals. I would argue this is more strict than North Korea's holiday travel program. Multiplayer is also broken so don't bother attempting to play with a friend. I think if I had a dozen beers and fell asleep in the menu would grant me a better experience. 0/10.… Full Review »
Apr 1, 2012This is literally the WORST kinect game I have ever played! Here's why:
1. IT'S SUPER LAGGY- 90% of the games you play involve throwingThis is literally the WORST kinect game I have ever played! Here's why:
1. IT'S SUPER LAGGY- 90% of the games you play involve throwing something (i.e. a dart, basketball, bean bag, ect..). No matter how hard you try to aim, the kinect will not transfer it properly. I have spun around and gotten dizzy, then threw the object and hit a target, to later spin around again and miss it, which is about the same results you will get if you actually try to aim. The kinect just isn't cut out for aiming objects based on how you throw. It can't even truly tell when you release the object.
2. THE GAMES SIMPLY AREN'T FUN- The games involve football throwing, dart throwing, bocce ball, ski ball, and basically all the games that you go to either a family reunion or arcade to play.
3. DON'T UNLOCK ANY NEW CONTENT- In the game you feel as though you are completely trapped. You don't ever feel like you make any progress which is very discouraging. There are no unlocked levels or unlocked games/locations/abilities. It's completely frustrating.
4. IT IS BASICALLY ENTERTAINING FOR ONLY A DAY- Once you beat all of the games, you will be bored.
This would be a fantastic game if it was sold for $2.99 at the thrift store.… Full Review »