6.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 18, 2014
    Grid Autosport is a great looking, great sounding pseudo-simulator that brings something different to the racing genre. The various different types of cars display a good variety of handling and feel, and the sense of speed is well done. On the hardest difficulty, a very enjoyable game with lots of wheel to wheel racing.
    I liked the idea of the team offerings, though this concept was
    I liked the idea of the team offerings, though this concept was better executed on the N64 with World Championship Driver. In Grid there is no in-team competition to become the number one driver who gets equipment and support upgrades. There is also no story line between the various teams you drive for, this could have been easily added. The teammates are underutilized and serve only to hamper the team with their poor finishes.
    Finally, it may be because of the difficulty I play on, but the AI can get extremely aggressive. It's to the point where I have wondered if the game is intentionally trying to end my race. This has also resulted in some of the best racing I have experienced. This is the only game where I have raced a final lap against an opponent that drives like it's the final lap. I have had an opponent overdrive a corner under me and totally fudge his line to get the position, door slam me as I pass after I give him a nudge with the nose, then give me a decent hit with the nose of his car in the final corner to try to loosen me up.

Great game, great difficulty, but not perfect.
  2. Apr 16, 2015
    Strong all-round package.Well varied career mode,good AI,Split-screen,decent car list,would love to be able to track my results for each season and have my own team but that is a minor complaint.Great game,would suggest especially if you hated GRID 2.
  3. Apr 13, 2016
    The GRID 2 as it should have been but was not. A very demanding and very cool to see and play hard-nosed simulator. Very recomendedo for anyone who likes racing simulator type.
  4. Jun 30, 2014
    It's not actually that bad. Coming from a sim racers perspective (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor) it's definitely playable. Whilst it isn't a sim, I can happily sit down & play for a few hours just to take a break from the serious games. I was able to jump right in & race hard and fast from the get-go, with the AI set to Hard difficulty. (With only the HUD on, if you want to count that asIt's not actually that bad. Coming from a sim racers perspective (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor) it's definitely playable. Whilst it isn't a sim, I can happily sit down & play for a few hours just to take a break from the serious games. I was able to jump right in & race hard and fast from the get-go, with the AI set to Hard difficulty. (With only the HUD on, if you want to count that as an assist) After completing the first 2 introduction races I hopped into the Open-Wheel career path and completed my first season there, it was a lot of fun, just driving different tracks and cars (Formula 3) to what I was normally used to. However, the cockpit view is horrible. Everything is blurred out so you can't see the steering wheel or mirrors. This is by far the games' biggest issue that could have been EASILY fixed. Codemasters, please do tell me what the point is of having a cockpit with blurred mirrors? It's almost impossible to enjoy the game with no HUD on as you have no way to tell what position you're in or how many laps to go, or when to change gears, (I go by sound, but not being able to see my engines RPM or shift lights is utterly ridiculous). This next section I'll be going through a few positives & negatives about the game as I know people don't want to read on and on and on.

Positives:
    - The cameras each have their own unique feel to them but the roll-bar cam is quite nice with just the right amount of FOV set that allows you to see both what's in front and what's next to you, I highly recommend you use this and not the 3rd person camera to get the most out of GRID Autosport.

- Menu navigation is simplistic.

- The music can get repetitive, but its surprisingly bearable, or you can disable it entirely in the options menu.

- Physics for a simcade aren't too bad although some cars feel like they need a bit of work.

- Career mode is pretty good, with a wide variety of disciplines.

Negatives:

- The whole teammate, team stuff doesn't have enough depth. Why on earth should I care if my team-mate does well? I'm only there for my self, not the team.

- AI pace can be inconsistent from track-to track.

Overall:
    It's not a bad game for a casual racing fan or a hardcore sim racing enthusiast, cockpit view needs to be patched asap though.
  5. Oct 24, 2015
    ferry90
    Oct 24, 2015
    I don't understand such a low score for this game.Maybe some codemasters haters?this is a good game.Definetely one of the best sim for consoles i evere tried.
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    this game is soo hard. i have to brake sometimes. wtf. i like being able to drive just using accelerator to get round corners. in big rigs off the road racing i never had to let go of accelerator
  7. Jul 2, 2014
    For a racing game, GRID Autosport is OK. However, this game is clearly wants to be a FORZA Motorsport but in every aspects it lacks to compete with it, which is disappointing. The big time cheater AI is killing all the fun career mode offers.
  8. Jun 24, 2014
    Handling sucks, physics sucks, career sucks, sounds sucks and everything sucks in this game. Codemasters **** Grid fans again. For god's sake don't buy this recycled ****
  9. Oct 3, 2014
    @APerspectivist -

That's not the game, my friend. The way you describe the problem as spanning both the original software and software generated saves makes it sound like your 360 hard drive is fragged. The frustration in your syntax leads me to believe you've experience this before. Since november 2005, i have not experienced or seen of a single corrupted 360 save file. If this has
    @APerspectivist -

Since november 2005, i have not experienced or seen of a single corrupted 360 save file. If this has happened to you more than once or twice before, you may wanna call M$ and see what they can do.

Do you keep yer 360 on or right next to speakers, or other large magnets? If it's not a black 360, do u ever travel w/the detachable HD? Maybe you've uploaded a sickly file or used an infected usb drive?

Good luck.
  10. Jul 18, 2014
    Dysfunctional mess full of crippling defects. Your game save with all your progress gets randomly corrupted & lost repeatedly. In-game leaderboards do not work properly. Cars bought for your online garage are randomly corrupted. Integrated online RaceNet service is slow & often unavailable. Some achievements & rewards fail to unlock after meeting their requirements. Graphical skipping.Dysfunctional mess full of crippling defects. Your game save with all your progress gets randomly corrupted & lost repeatedly. In-game leaderboards do not work properly. Cars bought for your online garage are randomly corrupted. Integrated online RaceNet service is slow & often unavailable. Some achievements & rewards fail to unlock after meeting their requirements. Graphical skipping. Random console lock-ups/freezes. Repair costs take away most (or all) of your prize money. Online cheaters already. And more. It might be a good game if it actually worked, and some of its defects might be patched later, but the faulty state of the game at launch is fraudulently substandard. Expand
  11. Jan 27, 2015
    pros: graphics, great optimization, nice route, multiplayer, driving model and cons: boring singleplayer, few routes, cockpit. blablablablablablablablablablablablablabalba bla bla

Generally favorable reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 21, 2014
    Despite its many shortcomings, GRID Autosport is a decent game. There’s plenty of fun to be had in single player mode generally, even though multiplayer is pretty much a bust.
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    Stripping racing back to the basics, Codemasters have crafted a simple game that’s one-hundred-percent about the racing while also proving that going for the simple option doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the easy one.
  3. Aug 18, 2014
    GRID Autosport is a middle of the road racing game that has little to set it apart from the competition.