- Publisher: Dark Energy Digital
- Release Date: Oct 28, 2009
- Also On: PlayStation 3
- Summary: [Xbox Live Arcade] Multiplayer mayhem awaits for up to four local or online players, in a race to clear the most balls from your table in Inferno Pool. Pot balls to fire at opponents, or stockpile balls to unleash an onslaught. Master Jump Shots, Combos, Bank Shots, Kick Shots, and build[Xbox Live Arcade] Multiplayer mayhem awaits for up to four local or online players, in a race to clear the most balls from your table in Inferno Pool. Pot balls to fire at opponents, or stockpile balls to unleash an onslaught. Master Jump Shots, Combos, Bank Shots, Kick Shots, and build your multiplier with an unbroken potting streak to unleash the devastating Inferno Mode. Alliances will be formed, friends will be betrayed, and the battle isn't over until the stat screen appears. Includes the challenging Endurance Mode, an Inferno-fuelled battle to survive against the clock and post a world-beating time. The game also includes classic pool modes for one or two local or online players. [Dark Energy Digital]… Expand
- Developer: Dark Energy Digital
- Genre(s): Sports, Miscellaneous, Parlor, Individual, Billiards, Billiards
- # of players: 1-4
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of 10
Mixed: 10 out of 10
Negative: 0 out of 10
While the game lacks a bit of variety in terms of game modes, Inferno Pool is definitely worth checking out not only because of its price tag but also because of its unique and unconventional presentation. If you are looking for an original and fun pool game to play, this game will do the trick until another pool game gets released...let’s just hope that we won’t wait three more years.
With decent graphics, great sound effects, albeit a sometimes annoying commentator, overall it's a fun title.
Official Xbox MagazineFast-paced action that's right on cue. [July 2009, p.97]
Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, the developers forgot that a pool game is only as good as its controls, and ended up with a scratch before the first break.
Xbox World 360 Magazine UKThe garish look is off-putting, but this sure plays a mean 8-ball. [Oct 2009, p.103]
Inferno Pool may offer an interesting variant of the main game, but it doesn't do much else to make it a good alternative to fans of the video game representation of the sport.
If you’ve got the points to spare, you could buy something worse. At least check out the demo to experience the fastest paced game of pool you have probably ever played.