7.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 28, 2011
    This game is bad in every way: The story is told almost exclusively in monologue, the characters are all uninteresting, and important things only happen in cut-scene, which is like a movie giving plot points in nothing but text, and every plot element is as defined as a blurry photo of Big Foot. In the field of Game-play, it's nothing but frustrating, and the level design is idiotic. WhyThis game is bad in every way: The story is told almost exclusively in monologue, the characters are all uninteresting, and important things only happen in cut-scene, which is like a movie giving plot points in nothing but text, and every plot element is as defined as a blurry photo of Big Foot. In the field of Game-play, it's nothing but frustrating, and the level design is idiotic. Why would a game about free-running have about half of the levels solely indoors. Its also repetitive, as the only time it breaks away from running away from things is when you have to punch a security officers using the same moves. The only thing going for it is a creative premise, but even that's handled poorly. Instead of running all around a mall part of a city trying to figure out a good path to the objective, like a free runner actually does, this game has you run along linear repetitive paths. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    Wow, did this game have potential. Wow, did it totally foul it up. The demo truly makes Mirror's Edge look like fun, but that completely belies its nature: a game that can made you so mad that you're ready to swear off your Xbox forever. The game's emphasis is on flight rather than fight, which is fine. But when you take a character and game mechanic that is weak on combat and put theWow, did this game have potential. Wow, did it totally foul it up. The demo truly makes Mirror's Edge look like fun, but that completely belies its nature: a game that can made you so mad that you're ready to swear off your Xbox forever. The game's emphasis is on flight rather than fight, which is fine. But when you take a character and game mechanic that is weak on combat and put the player in a situation where combat is nearly unavoidable, it is not an entertaining challenge, it's just frustrating. The game's touted movement system, enabling regular couch potatoes to move with freerunner grace does not work as advertised. Sure, you can get through the tutorial, but in the real game? Forget stringing moves, you can barely do the basics because, surprise, you're being shot at. Falling off a handrail is a problem; when that handrail is on the 35th floor of a building, it's back to the last save checkpoint. That leads us to the next gripe: the checkpoints are VERY widely spaced. Expect to redo large sectors of the game only to be killed off by the same incomprehensible situation. Being trapped in a building atrium without any clear exit and a LOT of SWAT troopers can really put a damper on your enthusiasm. All in all, it was a game that had an interesting premise and a lot of promise, but failed to deliver on both. It does, however, give the gamer good cardio; you'll get so mad your heart rate will top out a few times. Expand
  3. UrielS.
    Feb 28, 2009
    When i first saw this game, i was impressed. The graphics are totally awesome and the gamplay is cool too. But, even though this game is absolutely beautiful, it gets to a point where you realize that it's not really fun to play. I saw my friend playing the other day and he was totally happy, and the next week, he told me that it was boring after a while. I tried again to see if I wasWhen i first saw this game, i was impressed. The graphics are totally awesome and the gamplay is cool too. But, even though this game is absolutely beautiful, it gets to a point where you realize that it's not really fun to play. I saw my friend playing the other day and he was totally happy, and the next week, he told me that it was boring after a while. I tried again to see if I was mistaken, but all I saw is a bunch of repetitive things thrown in a pile of levels. Dont get me wrong, it's beautiful, but it's not really fun to play after a while. Expand
  4. ZacharyB
    Jan 12, 2009
    While playing the demo i was impressed with the game. However, after renting it i can see now that it is nothing more than hype applied to a pile of rubbish. While the concept is good the game tackles it badly, telling you to run instead of fighting and then putting you in small enclosed areas with enemies you HAVE to fight. The clipping is ghastly and shoddy, at one point i was killed While playing the demo i was impressed with the game. However, after renting it i can see now that it is nothing more than hype applied to a pile of rubbish. While the concept is good the game tackles it badly, telling you to run instead of fighting and then putting you in small enclosed areas with enemies you HAVE to fight. The clipping is ghastly and shoddy, at one point i was killed mid air and was stuck there. Very short, poor game design. Expand
  5. Jan 17, 2012
    Trial and error, trial and error. Nobodies reflexes work this fast and if they did then the unresponsive controls would screw you over. The overly sexualising of the women annoyed me too. Something I normally don't care about, but here it's just so overt and cheesy. The cut scenes try and have a unique style to them, but end up looking like a flash game. Neat concept, which literallyTrial and error, trial and error. Nobodies reflexes work this fast and if they did then the unresponsive controls would screw you over. The overly sexualising of the women annoyed me too. Something I normally don't care about, but here it's just so overt and cheesy. The cut scenes try and have a unique style to them, but end up looking like a flash game. Neat concept, which literally falls on it's behind. Expand
  6. MGSFan
    Jan 13, 2009
    Possibly the Worst Platformer Ever.

Well i have nothing much to say about this game. You are a japanese girl in this game. This game is a straight RIP OFF from Prince Of Persia. Mirror's Edge is nothing but Prince Of Persia in First Person.

If you feel sissy or want to change your sex from male to Female, this game is a MUST BUY.

Terrible Game. Highly OVERRATED.
  7. Mar 9, 2016
    what game have all this people played, who gave 10 and 9s? The Mirror´s Edge that i played has following problems:
    - it is first person game, but requires high skills in platforming. Which is never a good combination
    - the game forces you to hand2hand or guncombat instead of stealth. and neither gun or handcombat works. - so, multiply FPS platforming, and **** combat and you get cheap
    - so, multiply FPS platforming, and **** combat and you get cheap deaths around any corner
    - the artstyle is questionable. i mean ingame it looks good, but everything is so extreme bright, and the city is so lifeless
    - the awkward cutscenes are something between a comic and a cartoon, but sometimes the characters are drawn really ****.
    - all characters besides faith are flat and add nothing to the experience

i can´t force myself to go through this crap any longer
  8. Oct 21, 2016
    The attemp of runing is poor. Its not the realist a parkour game should be.You can jump much more than what a person could ever can. The character is constantly puffing.You take too much speed.
  9. Nov 23, 2017
    Un jeu de plate-forme en vue subjective : en voilà un pari osé ! malheureusement et manifestement la maniabilité ne suit pas et on recommence certains passages plus que de raison, jusqu'à l'indigestion parfois : les sauvegardes automatiques ne sont pas trop espacées mais tout de même...

Les rares phases de combat sont très mal faites et la difficulté est élevée toujours à cause de cette maniabilité déficiente. Reste un jeu certes assez beau si aime les décors d'hôpital et une ambiance sympathique mais l'ensemble reste très mince, trop mince.

Presque 10 ans plus tard, j'ai relancé le machin parce qu'entretemps, il est dvenu rétrocompatible sur la Xbox One et que récemment, il a reçu un patch Xbox One X Enhanced : le vieux jeu 360 tourne ainsi carrément en 4K sur le petit monstre de Microsoft ! malgré quelques textures qui sont restées pourraves, la lisibilité du jeu s'en trouve très nettement améliorée avec un 30 im/s imperturbable. On aurait aimé un mode 60 en "bête" 1080 mais on s'en contentera, ma foi.

C'est l'occasion de se rendre compte de nouveau que malgré son côté grisant, Mirror's Edge est définitivement une merde injouable en raison évidemment de sa vue subjective, de ses sauts au millimètre et de sa maniabilité foirée et foireuse. A moins de perdre son temps à l'apprivoiser et à l'apprendre par coeur, on n'y fait que... perdre son temps.

Un "concept" donc intéressant mais sur le papier seulement : il eut fallu repenser toute la mécanique pour en faire quelque chose de jouable. Ce dont les branques de Digital Illusions CE (DICE) sont rigoureusement incapables, bien entendu.
  10. Jul 7, 2021
    6/30/21-7/2/21 100% Main Story 0/10 Stars

This is a terrible game that will frustrate most people to no end. I played and loved the game Dying Light, which is also first person parkour and platforming, and this was similar enough for me to give it a shot. A very long six hours later I regretted my decision. The cutscenes are all animated in the cheapest way possible, and they
    6/30/21-7/2/21 100% Main Story 0/10 Stars

The cutscenes are all animated in the cheapest way possible, and they attempt to tell the story of Faith-an illegal delivery parkourist who's sister gets into some legal trouble early on of the murder-framing variety. She attempts to clear her sister's name while avoiding the law. Several predictable twists abound.

The story is not great. It is short, at least, so you can finish it in a few sittings. Mostly it's a backdrop for nine levels that all look about the same. Almost always white rooftops or office buildings. They also have a flare effect that can very much blind you through the TV. Your next stepping stone is supposed to appear in red to contrast the white, but it doesn't turn red until you are right on it-which means you are usually wandering around for way to long trying to find the way to the next section.

The worst part is that the core of the game, the first person parkour, just doesn't work the way that they set it up. The controls are terrible and have very inconsistent results, you usually have to stop your momentum to find your next move, and you will die very often from falling and sometimes have to repeat long sections if you didn't hit a checkpoint just right.

All in all it was a game I would not recommend to anyone who doesn't want to pull their hair out in frustration. So...if you have to much hair, maybe?
  11. Oct 16, 2022
    This is probably the worst game I've played in 2022, so far.

After loving Neon White, I decided to try similar games and Mirror's Edge was one of the most recommended. The problem is... I guess people were just completely wrong. It's weird to see how much praise goes to a game that is so ultimately flawed. Nothing works in Mirror's Edge. Platforming is imprecise as hell, controls
    This is probably the worst game I've played in 2022, so far.

Nothing works in Mirror's Edge. Platforming is imprecise as hell, controls are weird (come on, you jump with LB!) and sometimes unresponsive, the soundtrack is VERY generic, combat/shooting is ridiculous, Faith's health is a joke, slowmo is useless, level design feels aimless and empty, it gets old pretty quick and checkpoint placement is atrocious.

Not to mention the story, which is absolutely predictable and bland. There's no conclusion to it, dialogues are not well written, characters are very forgettable and the presentation is ugly as **** It's a disaster. I mean, what ending was that? Is it a cliffhanger? Is it the end of things? Just like that?

Two things I can admit to like about this game are the way it looks and how intense it feels sometimes. It gives you a nice rush and it'd be even better if the levels actually gave you room for improvisation, or if its visual cues actually worked. I like its style, I like the parkour core, but it's just boils down to a massive failure, in the end.

Mirror's Edge is my biggest disappointment of the year, so far. I've read so many amazing things about it, but I couldn't relate to any of them. The game is a mess!

A proof of how some good ideas can be very poorly executed. Also a proof of how overrated (and dated) some things can be, just because they look cool.
  12. Feb 10, 2021
    I just busted this game out after years of not even thinking about it, just to see if and how well it would run on my new Series X (which it does). And boy oh boy, did I remember it as being WAY better than it actually is.

The controls are clunky as all hell. First of all, who had the idea of putting JUMPING, the most important action you can perform in this game, on LB of all buttons? The controls as a whole feel pretty unresponsive at times (to the point where it feels like the game is eating your input), which is a death-sentence for this type of game. If you want to pull off First-Person platforming, which is awkward enough as it is, your controls better be razor-tight. Faith ESPECIALLY has a problem with the wall-run move, which she only seems to perform if she's in the mood for it at that particular moment in time.

Plus, for a game that is at its very best when you're free-flowing at high speeds, there is way too much stuff slowing you down. ESPECIALLY the combat, which is absolutely horrendous. I also find it pretty annoying to be running away from the cops 50% of the time. Like, every second half of EVERY mission is an escape-sequence. It gets old pretty quickly, as you can imagine. And finding a path and doing precise platforming with 5 cops shooting at you is just suuuuper stressful, especially because there's quite a lot of trial-and-error where you run a very slim chance of getting everything right the first time.

Aside from the gameplay issues, the story is unbelievably forgettable and the German voice-overs are HORRIBLE, not only from an acting standpoint, but the lines are spaced so close together that they even overlap sometimes. Sadly, I can't change the language to English even if I change my system language.

Music is... Is there even any music? I can't remember.

Graphics are pretty good for 360 standards.

Soooooo, yeah. A first-person platformer with unresponsive controls. No bueno.
  13. Feb 19, 2023
    A unique game with great parkour, phenomenal visuals and music, especially for 2008.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 82 Critic Reviews

1. But for every bit as brilliant Mirror’s Edge is, it’s also equally as frustrating. For every time you exclaim in joyful accomplishment by nailing a series of jumps and lifts, you’ll lament missing a ledge by the width of a fingernail for what feels like the hundredth time, just as much.
  2. Mirror's Edge is a distinct game, both in playability and visuals and that's a major feat. Faith is full of character and her world is colorful and vibrant, although the adventure is quite short.
  3. Mirror’s Edge seems to be yet another game marking EA’s gaming renaissance. Rather than churning out endless sequels, it’s encouraging to see that they’re willing to take a leap of faith (pardon the pun) and let ace developers such as DICE try out new IPs and ideas.