8.5

1. SuchKahlon
    Oct 12, 2009
    Really cool game for Xbox 360. This is a must have for any racing fan. It takes a little long for police to notice you but then when they do... they just strike at you. The rode blocks are sometimes easy to avoid but you can get stuck in them before you know it. Cool cars but not so many luxury cars. The one thing that's bad is that the cost at the Car Shop is way too expensive andReally cool game for Xbox 360. This is a must have for any racing fan. It takes a little long for police to notice you but then when they do... they just strike at you. The rode blocks are sometimes easy to avoid but you can get stuck in them before you know it. Cool cars but not so many luxury cars. The one thing that's bad is that the cost at the Car Shop is way too expensive and that you can only get cars by this 'pink slip' that you'll get only 25% of the time Expand
  2. PhilipP.
    Dec 1, 2005
    Yeah it looks real pretty... but hasn't anyone noticed the frame rate studder? I don't even know how EA got away with releasing this game. I have the demo on my Xbox 360, and it even has the studder. My friend owns a copy for his 360, and complains about the studder too. This game deserves to be at the bottom of the scores list along with the rest of the EA 360 titles.
  3. IAGREE
    Dec 6, 2005
    I own this and it looks okay but I agree with Philip.. the frame rate and studder is annoying. I've also played PGR3 and there is a huge difference in frame-rate. I think this game is not so much next gen as it is polished up old gen. disappointed here.
  4. CiaranG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Nothing special at all. Not hugely exciting and gets repetitive. If you already have the likes of Need for Speed: Underground 1 or 2, the only real addition is nicer graphics and police chases. Although, the game stutters quite a bit at different times. You'd be better off buying the Underground series for much cheaper. The police chases are fun but get long and boring. However, car Nothing special at all. Not hugely exciting and gets repetitive. If you already have the likes of Need for Speed: Underground 1 or 2, the only real addition is nicer graphics and police chases. Although, the game stutters quite a bit at different times. You'd be better off buying the Underground series for much cheaper. The police chases are fun but get long and boring. However, car customization and variety and type of cars is great. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. Aside from the high-shine gloss, though, a few extra pursuers in the cop chases are about all that differentiates this version from the current-gen game. My main beefs--the repetitive race events and not-very-challenging cop chases (especially earlier in the game)--are still here.
  2. Play Magazine
    Driving through the alleyways and suburban sprawls...rain pouring down, thunder clapping, music up; this is (virtual) living. [Dec 2005, p.54]
  3. The Xbox 360 version is where the biggest jump should have been, but fell a bit short. In fact, even in 720p/1080i High Definition, there only thing you gain over the Xbox and PS2 games is the clarity of the in-game textures. And clarity isn't strong enough a word! Borderline photo-realistic is probably a better word to use.