7.4

1. Apr 26, 2014
    Personally I loved it! Wonderful balance of social and action, with voice chat and lots of fun to be had. My second favourite MMO of all time, after Second Life.

So yeah erm, top notch! These days it might not be worth it though because the servers are offline :(

The offline modes are ok though, and there might be a private server soon!
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 5
    Fun Factor: 7

Score: 6.0/10 = C-
  3. May 25, 2011
    What nutcase gave this game a 10 out of 10. When people start reviewing games in a rediculious light it ruins the meta scores. Ban them from this site. Oh just forgot whoever has been giving perfect scores for this game go and get oblivion or fallout. Would not recommend this game to anyone in a million years. Its really really bad. DO NOT BUY.
  4. ZackShannon
    Feb 22, 2009
    So i just beat the game about a our ago and i have to say this game is really really good. Of course not many people agree with me, but you know what i say to them? ******************** anyway its only like 8 bucks used. Give it a shot
  5. GlennA.
    Jan 4, 2007
    After years of FFXI and WoW I finally found a game that gives me what I want with out such "life stealing" properties! Yay for Sonic Team! (Also the PSU music is AMAZING!)
  6. AjL.
    Jan 2, 2007
    My biggest Dissapointment of 2006. I was a huge fan of Phantasy Star Online for DreamCast and clocked over 200 hours easily over the span of diffrent characters. This game however strays from the succsess of pso and takes the franchise in an abismall direction.The enviroments are uninspiring and the game play is stiff. The biggest down fall is its story mode. what was sonic team thinking My biggest Dissapointment of 2006. I was a huge fan of Phantasy Star Online for DreamCast and clocked over 200 hours easily over the span of diffrent characters. This game however strays from the succsess of pso and takes the franchise in an abismall direction.The enviroments are uninspiring and the game play is stiff. The biggest down fall is its story mode. what was sonic team thinking ,the wretched character design, especially of the main character, and the voice acting.....HORRIBLE Expand
  7. JackS.
    Jan 1, 2007
    The game is amazing and very addictive i cant help but play it i havent tried story mode but it sounds like it is like pso 1&2 which I loved even more and am trying to get but can't.
  8. BruinsFan247
    Dec 1, 2006
    Why? I repeat, Why, is this game on the 360? The graphics are PS2, the game play is as boring as any game ive ever played. I cant understand why people play co-op online in the first place. These kind of games are simply for gamers who cant get friends in real life.
  9. DoubleD.
    Nov 27, 2006
    This game is great! Far from perfect but, still a blast and much larger than Ep.1&2. Great game for 2-6 friends to have a great time shooting and exploring and hanging out on voice chat.
  10. DonsimusP.
    Nov 5, 2006
    Give me a break..This game is not ugly in fact it looks fantastic in 1280 on my monitor..Story Mode has well over 50 hours to it..and extra mode and live you can enjoy forever. No.. it isn't FF12. But it doesn't try to be either. its fresh and has a different feel and different setting. If you like leveling up and hate point and click combat.. Definitely give it a shot. I like Give me a break..This game is not ugly in fact it looks fantastic in 1280 on my monitor..Story Mode has well over 50 hours to it..and extra mode and live you can enjoy forever. No.. it isn't FF12. But it doesn't try to be either. its fresh and has a different feel and different setting. If you like leveling up and hate point and click combat.. Definitely give it a shot. I like RPG tht give me freedom to play in that wold..and develop my character and PSU does a great job on that front. The story is actually the best phantasy star story since they went mmo with the series. If you liked fable or sudeki or PSO.. or you have always wanted to try an MMO.. PSU is a great gateway to the whole concept. Not the deepest.but definitley worth the time and money. Expand
  11. J.A.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is my first taste of Phantasy Star and all I can say is mmm good. This is a fun game to play with friends over Xbox Live. If you like RPGs and even games like animal crossing there is something here to enjoy. Rare items, upgrading weapons and crafting make this a game worthy of anyones collection. Worth the price of admission.
  12. TopherJ.
    Oct 30, 2006
    Not the prettiest, but who cares. Online is a blast, and the gameplay is fantastic. And with voice chat, this is easily one of the best for 360 mediocre library right now. Buyer Beware: This game, like WOW, will suck away any social life you may have away from your 360.
  13. JesseJ.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Best Phantasy Online yet! The new races and chance for any race to be whatever class they want is just amazing. Graphics arnt the best, but the game play and navagation are just as good as ever, once you get accustomed to them.
  14. BrettS.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Oh, my god...what is going on with the gaming company's contracted to microsoft, xbox 360? I mean, forget about blaming them, how about making it simple and blaming xbox, we all know that it's them that gives the gaming companys deadlines and pushes them to release games before they should be. So, rather than slamming the creators of phantasy star, i'm going to set my Oh, my god...what is going on with the gaming company's contracted to microsoft, xbox 360? I mean, forget about blaming them, how about making it simple and blaming xbox, we all know that it's them that gives the gaming companys deadlines and pushes them to release games before they should be. So, rather than slamming the creators of phantasy star, i'm going to set my sights on microsoft. Bravo !!!! Let's begin, the graphics are horrible, it looks more like a play station 2 game than a revelutionary new game made for the revelutionary new system. Xbox is literally paving the road for playstation 3 to blow it out of the water. The AI in this game was dumber than my neighbors annoying purse sized dog (at least, I think it's a dog). The voice overs were, wait, there were none. The fight scenes were boring with nothing new or exciting. I was initially excited about this game because i love rpg's but I am catious about anything put out for the xbox 360 so i rented it first. I was not more than 3 minutes into the game when i began to regret wasting the 7 bucks to rent it. I want to say more about how worthless this game is but i get lost in all the possible things to say, so i will sum it up in one word, WHACK!!!! Expand
  15. AngeT.
    Oct 24, 2006
    Looking forward to getting this game I haven't even got it yet and I love it!
  16. DarrellA.
    Oct 14, 2006
    Hard to navigate, commands are too vague, hard to figure out voice chat and how to get missions.
  17. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 5
    Fun Factor: 7

Score: 6.0/10 = C-

Mixed or average reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. Phantasy Star Universe, in the end, is just more of the same thing: simple dungeon crawling. It's fun online; it's not fun offline. This is a hard one to rate, as it's pretty convoluted. It ultimately depends on what type of experience you're looking for when you load it up.
  2. Phantasy Star Universe almost immediately feels dated, and the monthly fee is way too steep to justify, but at its core, it's still an enjoyable experience.
    It's a simplistic and shallow game that by all means should make it one of the worst RPGs ever made. It has a player-base that's virtually non-existent, and will only be decreasing with time. The single-player mode, though improving on the originals, is pretty shameful when compared to others. And yet, just like the original, it's a blast to play and will surely keep some people addicted for a long time.