7.6

1. Tyler
    Jan 13, 2009
    Definitely a solid game. Could use some improvements in the story, maybe having some kind of one. But the game play is solid and definitely a blast to play with friends.
  2. DaveH.
    Nov 18, 2008
    Open ended design is what this game is all about. Explore anywhere on the mountains and ride any slope you see. There are lots of recreational activities to do solo or with friends in the resorts, which is a nice way to expand the action past pure snowboarding. For overall fun, this is a good game to have. According to some reviews, controls are clunky and tough, but I find them intuitive Open ended design is what this game is all about. Explore anywhere on the mountains and ride any slope you see. There are lots of recreational activities to do solo or with friends in the resorts, which is a nice way to expand the action past pure snowboarding. For overall fun, this is a good game to have. According to some reviews, controls are clunky and tough, but I find them intuitive and easy to use. I don Expand
  3. ChristopherS.
    Nov 19, 2008
    Once I read the manual and figured out how to switch the grab and shifty the game became way better. The tutorials are total crap. The controls should have been like this from the start what the hell Ubisoft?
  4. YourFace
    Nov 22, 2008
    Although it is far from perfect, this is a great game. I think that anyone who has snowboarded will truely appreciate this game, however those who expected a polished SSX will be disappointed. There are no quadruple back flip mctwists to be found here. That said, there are enough unreal moments in the game to keep it fun, (such as grinding a monorail track right to the bottom of the Although it is far from perfect, this is a great game. I think that anyone who has snowboarded will truely appreciate this game, however those who expected a polished SSX will be disappointed. There are no quadruple back flip mctwists to be found here. That said, there are enough unreal moments in the game to keep it fun, (such as grinding a monorail track right to the bottom of the mountain!), and that's what gaming is all about. Expand
  5. IanJ
    Dec 14, 2009
    The game was overall OK. It has cool maps and lots of acessories. It is a very big game. definatly worth the thirty dollars.
  6. RobertM.
    Nov 18, 2008
    Te scope of the mountain, the terain and the overall ambience are quite beliveable. The default controls are weird but some game option let me change them and the game got a lot more fun and challenging there on. I love the variety of boards and the trick is to get the right one for each competition, thus a bit of snowboarding knowledge always helps out which is nice. The soundtrack and Te scope of the mountain, the terain and the overall ambience are quite beliveable. The default controls are weird but some game option let me change them and the game got a lot more fun and challenging there on. I love the variety of boards and the trick is to get the right one for each competition, thus a bit of snowboarding knowledge always helps out which is nice. The soundtrack and riding sounds are great and the coolest thing: The game accesses in the in-game menu all of my Music playlists!! Wow! Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 48 Critic Reviews

1. It's clear that Ubisoft had some big ideas for Shaun White Snowboarding, but many of these have been hampered by an overly difficult control scheme, cumbersome navigation, a terrible map, too much collecting and a disappointing frame rate. The recreation of the four ski resorts is excellent, the online functionality is well thought out, and at times the views are magnificent, but the game just isn't as much fun as it should have been.
  2. If we add the power of "Assassin's Creed" to the Tony Hawk's videogames gameplay, probably the result would be this title. It lacks of some game's modes, but it's still an interesting option to discover a genre like snowboarding simulation in the next-gen.
  3. Ubisoft hasn't succeeded in getting the full potential from Shaun White Snowboarding. Some gameplay elements, like the enormous freedom and control, aren't that fantastic in the end. But the good online mode and the beautiful surroundings make up for it.