8.7

1. Aug 27, 2014
    That's just one of the best Episode from the whole "The Walking Dead" Series. I just cried at the Ending. Telltale Games great work! Like every other Episode of this Game Series.
  2. Aug 31, 2014
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 5- No Going Back is a major step forward for Clementine. Being pushed to her breaking point is very interesting and creates an interesting set of scenarios for her. Although weaker than the season one finale, this is still a decent episode.
  3. Aug 30, 2014
    As with previous episodes there is very little in the way of interactive gameplay and no puzzle solving at all, something which will leave many point and click purists’ disappointed.

For once however the player’s decisions do have a genuine impact on how things pan out, making for some incredibly tough decisions, and leading to one of five potential endings. This is a strong finish to a season that has often failed to live to the first in terms of overall quality.
  4. Sep 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall Premise: Really a game-changer at this point- there are truly vastly different endings and a phenomenal amount of impact from the story thus far as well. Interesting to finally see so many things hit home hard.

Graphics and Sound: The graphics remain unchanged but the sound work steps up and comes up with a win in my book. The background music weaves a tale of its own and the voice-work hits all the right notes at the right times during tense and somber moments.

Playability and Entertainment: Controls fine once more and the entertainment value is through the roof here partly because of the explosiveness of some of the moments towards the ending(s).

Replay Value: Very High.

Overall Score: 8.75/10.0
  5. Oct 18, 2014
    This is a great way to finish season 2, an emotional episode with 4 or 5 different endings. This episode will make you cry at least once, I can't wait for season 3.
  6. Dec 30, 2015
    its good the walking dead season two episode 5 no going back its my fav episode of the walking dead its the best story telling game I have played I give it a 9 out of 10

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 12, 2014
    What that means for the third instalment remains to be seen, but as the conclusion to this particular story No Going Back lacks the punch of the first season’s finale and becomes an analogue of the second season as a whole: an above-average game which has vainly struggled to step out of its predecessor’s shadow.
  2. Sep 6, 2014
    In fact, I was this close to simply quitting the series and not coming back, but Clementine & co. definitely recaptured some of the original Walking Dead magic before the final credits rolled, and I was grateful for that.
    It's the unquestionable high point of a season that did not really know where it should to go. But maybe that's only apt, considering the bleak backdrop of a world where no one ever is safe.