• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Also On: PC
6.4

1. ChrisP.
    Apr 5, 2007
    It's rare that I link to somebody else's review instead of writing my own but sometimes it feels right. It's even more rare that I agree with Eurogamer. However, their review of TMNT is very close to what I would say (except they're a little bit too generous with their score) and I really can't be bothered to spend any time writing about this game. I really It's rare that I link to somebody else's review instead of writing my own but sometimes it feels right. It's even more rare that I agree with Eurogamer. However, their review of TMNT is very close to what I would say (except they're a little bit too generous with their score) and I really can't be bothered to spend any time writing about this game. I really can't understand how this has had any half-way decent reviews. I doubt whether even the kids this is clearly aimed at would get much enjoyment out of it. Apparently kids tend to blame themselves when they fail in a game but this is one game where they really ought not to. I regularly died due to the shortcomings of the game rather than myself. The game provides infinite lives as a means of balancing the random, unforeseen deaths. It's clearly a game that has been developed for every hardware platform in the world on an incredibly short timescale. The Xbox 360 version is a joke, with mostly terrible graphics and a new low bar for achievements. I'm sure that making any sort of game in the time they were given would be an impressive achievement but this barely qualifies as a game. I feel sorry for the team because I can imagine the pressure they were under. However, the truth of the matter is that I'm wondering if even 3 out of 10 is generous. Expand
  2. MikeG.
    Mar 20, 2007
    Not bad game is fun. Only thing is why no online cmon .also if you like prince of persia this game runs on that engine,best tmnt game to date long wait but worth it.if it had coop online this game would be a 10 but 8 seems fair enjoy
  3. nissar
    Apr 3, 2007
    ive been a tmnt fan since i was very little, and also a prince of persia fan since the first game... so this game gets a 10 out of 10 for me. it's awesome!! only problem is there's no multiplayer, but that's just made up for by the great graphics and gameplay.
  4. BenS.
    May 3, 2007
    I gave this game a 3 because it has brutal camera angles,i beat the game in a week,and the fighting moves are the same you just keep clicking B and Y nothing else in fights......and theres no co-op me and my friend were gonna rent this game but it wasnt co-op so mehh and my cousin got this game for easter so i borrowed it for a week and beat it......oh and crap gameplay and 4/10 I gave this game a 3 because it has brutal camera angles,i beat the game in a week,and the fighting moves are the same you just keep clicking B and Y nothing else in fights......and theres no co-op me and my friend were gonna rent this game but it wasnt co-op so mehh and my cousin got this game for easter so i borrowed it for a week and beat it......oh and crap gameplay and 4/10 graphics....cmon boys you can do better if ur making a second one and in new moves and more buttons. Expand
  5. HurtisB.
    Jun 30, 2007
    You get a fo'. beacuse of I had two more hands, I'd give you fo' thumbs down for that perturbance of a game.
  6. ajjay
    Aug 4, 2007
    If not for Fuzion Frenzy 2, it would be the worst game I've played on the 360. The controls are terribly aggravating, the voice acting forces you to mute the TV, and it's just not fun. I knew it wasn't supposed to be very good when I rented it, but I didn't expect it to be quite this bad.
  7. MiguelG.
    Apr 19, 2007
    Stylish, cartton graphics. Nice "cinematic" soundtrack. True to Turtles "way-of-life" with the over-bragging one-lines poping every so often. Average scale world - after all it's a pre-teen game, it is supposed to be short. Own 360 version and played with PS2's version also, and there's a huge, huge difference in quality. All in all a quality title, not for old-geezers though.
  8. AndyH.
    Jan 18, 2008
    Bit dissappointing. Annoying camera angles and over with in about 5 hours.
  9. Apr 1, 2011
    It's really not that bad of a game, once you get used to the way it plays. I actually liked it very much, but it was very short. The graphics are good, in a cartoony way and the controls are great.

1. TMNT has some legitimately neat platforming sequences, but it's more frustrating than a kid-oriented game ought to be, and the combat is completely brain-dead.
    Videogames are fun because they challenge us or stimulate our minds in some way. TMNT doesn't. With no co-operative mode available, single-button combat, and straightforward level design, all you're left with are some nice animations and decent platforming that just don't carry the weight.
  3. TMNT is perfect for what it is, but it definitely could have been a lot more. Its unfortunate Ubisoft didn’t go with a four player game, or any Xbox Live features. Games without Multiplayer have to be strong in substance in the single player aspects, and even though TMNT is fun, it’s not good enough to fill the void of no multiplayer, or co-operative play.