7.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 1, 2017
    Well its better than the last 2 Assassins Creed games.....which isn't saying much. Its pretty much like any other AC game you may have played. They've made it a grindy RPG this time around, so they could slot in micro-transactions. Would have liked to se an overhaul of the parkour system which is still as janky as it ever was. The virtual tour was a nice addition. Loses points for in gameWell its better than the last 2 Assassins Creed games.....which isn't saying much. Its pretty much like any other AC game you may have played. They've made it a grindy RPG this time around, so they could slot in micro-transactions. Would have liked to se an overhaul of the parkour system which is still as janky as it ever was. The virtual tour was a nice addition. Loses points for in game purchases. Expand
  2. Feb 27, 2018
    Ultimately, the sum of its parts, this is a good game. But after enough time with it, you'll start to notice some nagging problems that make the final hours more of a task than an experience. Ironic that for a game called "origins," it would be nearly impossible to tolerate the end.

Each improvement seems like it was one step forward, one step back. Combat, for instance, has been updated to feel more like a Dark Souls or a Witcher game, but the mechanics lack the fluidity to feel perfectly balanced and fair. It's more engaging than the classic counterattack mob, but it feels rough and imprecise when trying to use longer reach weapons or charge attacks. The inability to heal lost portions of your health bar makes combat very frustrating if you accidentally get hit for a good chunk early in a fight. It also makes use of cheesy tropes like having to buy a charged attack upgrade to be able to hit enemies with shields (who will otherwise block every attack and, presumably, be completely impossible to kill).

The stealth and assassinating is the same, with the notable exception that higher level enemies can now be so hard to kill that the hidden blade won't instantly kill them - a believable ruse, almost, except it's an AC game, and the hidden blade should kill anyone (right?). Similarly, a headshot with a flaming arrow may simply ding some of the game's later foes if you haven't leveled up your bow. These roadblocks make pulling off a perfect sneaky approach or lining up a long range shot seem worthless and unfair since all they really serve to do is alert your enemy and do some damage.

Quest tracking is improved, but glitches still abound in the AC universe. Many quests seem like they're never going to end - the game will give you a simple task, like bring a letter to someone. Well, surprise, he's not there, and someone broke into his house. Key a stupid investigation where you determine some bandits kidnapped him. Go find bandits. Twist! man is leading the bandits. He tells you he'll never commit crime again if you go tell his wife he's dead. You do it. He gives you a weapon. Quest finally ends. 8 objectives and you running back and forth between the village and the bandit camp later, it finally ends. It sometimes makes you feel quite powerless and foolish for doing all these inane tasks.

The game offers enough intrigue at first to encourage side questing and exploration, but if you're like me, sooner or later you want to get down to it and do the main quest. Well, the game shows some cracks by making the main quests leaps and bounds harder as the game progresses, passively forcing you to go grind out a bunch of side quests to level up. Frustrating.

The worst part of all is the pitiful, unsatisfying and nonsensical ending. The game gives you the ominous "you cannot turn back after this point. Proceed?" message probably 6 hours before the actual end of the game, making the final bit seem like a cheaply drawn-out slog that reveals unnecessary and (frankly, in my opinion) not believable twists. I genuinely considered the game over three separate times, only to find that, when I finally looked up how many quests there were, I had three still to go. The game very, very loosely and poorly ties the whole story together with the "origin" of the AC brotherhood and makes some pretty significant stretches in changing character personality to force the conclusion to fit the structure that exists in-game.

The game, like the quests, has separation anxiety and never wants you to leave. It forces you to do a string of strange, unrelated tasks between actual, relevant tasks which dilutes the experience. There is enough new content to make it fun, but even the map reveals the game's true identity: after 30+ hours of side quests and exploration, I still hadn't touched about 40% of the map, and of the 60% I saw, only about 25% is inhabited with anything worth a damn. It's a big, ambitious game which has a lot going for it, but it falters enough times to prove that sometimes dreaming small and executing precisely is better than a huge and ambitious but poorly guided experience.
  3. Jan 4, 2018
    While ancient Egypt is a wonderful location to explore and graphically top notch it surely lacks the means to make Assassin's Creed great again.

What I mean with that is the beginning of the game being much fun but decreasing in enjoyability steadily until it reaches being a exhausting chore rather than a fun experience. The overall formula got a new skin but nothing more. You still just wander from location to location doing the same stuff over and over again. Namely infiltrating a small (or sometimes big) basecamp of bandits or the big bad rulers, assassinate one or more targets that don't have anything special about them, maybe grab a bit of loot and then make your escape.

While I enjoy the basic principles of this concept, a realistic old setting simply lacks the opportunities to reach its potential to the fullest. You only have smoke bombs, sleep darts and berserk syringes(?) to play with and not fancy superpowers like in Dishonored or opportunities and disguises like in Hitman. That makes the whole gameplay terribly repetitive that I put the game away after 40 hours of playing (I'm a completionist which rather hinders me enjoying this as much as I could) and probably pick it up again at a later point to finish the story.

And while I admit that the setting is a joy to watch at, old Egyptian architecture surely is repetitive and doesn't offer much playroom. The lack of extra objectives like in the old games also harms the game and I don't even know a reason why they're gone as I enjoyed to have an extra challenge since higher difficulty doesn't make the game particularly harder (except fighting against multiple enemies in the new fighting system I will talk about later in this review) but just more annoying since fights simply take longer and the AI isn't much smarter.

The fighting system is a nice and welcome addition but didn't do much for me as I'm more a stealth player than anything else. Still it makes fighting against groups of enemies harder than just pressing a button to counter attack. So at least this was good.

Without spoiling anything the story is like always in AC games (at least for me). Not bad but nothing special, the quests are better than the side ones though so it's worth prioritizing it.

So overall the game is rather bad in my opinion. It has superb presentation and doing side quests like exploring an old tomb, looking at cases of ritual murder or just looking at the environment was fun but it got repetitive way too fast. And sadly being an Assassin is simply boring in this game since your tools for assassination are too few and don't give you enough playroom to kill in your own style. I'd say if you absolutely love Assassin's Creed or are a newcomer to the series who isn't full of the repetitive style you should focus on the story and mainly ignore everything else for your own good. That maybe lengthens the period of enjoying the game enough to the point of finishing it.
  4. Oct 27, 2017
    Origins is perhaps a one step forward, two steps backward situation for the franchise. While its visuals are fantastic, and the immersive nature of the historical world is still seen as in any AC game, that's where the game's highlights stop. Bayek and his story is impossible to truly invest in due to the game's unenthusiastic start, and the change of controls and systems is impossible toOrigins is perhaps a one step forward, two steps backward situation for the franchise. While its visuals are fantastic, and the immersive nature of the historical world is still seen as in any AC game, that's where the game's highlights stop. Bayek and his story is impossible to truly invest in due to the game's unenthusiastic start, and the change of controls and systems is impossible to master, especially the control of Bayek's eagle, an addition to the franchise that makes no sense.

On top of this, there is a distinct lack of actual Assassin's Creed lore that drives the franchise, and keeps them connected through specific links apart from the historical Templar vs Assassin fight. Ubisoft has moved from making an Assassin's Creed game to an RPG set in Ancient Egypt, with a minimalist approach to connecting the game to the rest of the franchise.

It is definitely a disappointing entry. While I applaud Ubisoft for trying something different, the next-gen formula for the franchise was perfected in Syndicate, even Black Flag. For fans of the original games, who enjoyed the stories of the Kenways or Ezio, I wouldn't recommend this game. Unfortunately, Ubisoft listened to the criticisms of the wrong fans of the franchise in my opinion. Hopefully it's true that every second Assassin's Creed game will be a low point (a la Unity), and in the next coming years, the franchise's next entry will be less of a disappointment.
  5. Nov 23, 2017
    It's another Ubisoft sandbox for better or worse. It's pretty, packed with content and fun for the most part but ultimately quite forgettable. They at the very least tried to make the game feel like a sequel rather than a re-skinned expansion like what Syndicate was.

The RPG leveling system they introduced however is absolute piss. You can't just rush trough the main story if you want to because there are occasionally really large annoying level gaps between missions meaning you have to GRIND for XP by doing side missions. Even if you think you're good enough at the game to overcome these odds, the enemies just become immortal if they're too high level for you. You can't even assassinate them and the whole system just breaks your immersion.

Grab it when it's on sale. It's a nice little time waster but not much beyond that.
  6. Dec 26, 2017
    Beautiful game (must look incredible on X1X), mostly interesting plot line, massive open world, some interesting areas to explore, enjoyable for 30-40 hours. Though dropping 20 feet onto and driving a blade through an enemy's head is fun, if you try that on an enemy 3-4 levels higher than you, know that they were born with adamantine skulls. Even vultures a few levels above you will killBeautiful game (must look incredible on X1X), mostly interesting plot line, massive open world, some interesting areas to explore, enjoyable for 30-40 hours. Though dropping 20 feet onto and driving a blade through an enemy's head is fun, if you try that on an enemy 3-4 levels higher than you, know that they were born with adamantine skulls. Even vultures a few levels above you will kill you but you can survive a charge from a hippo if you have a couple of levels on him.
    AC:Origins is mostly fun but not as entertaining as AC:Black Flag from 2013. Worth $60 just for the number of hours of gameplay available but I highly doubt there's much replayability here.

Update: I finished the main story and kept playing my first character for a few more days (tried the new horde arena a few times too). Ultimately, i got bored with my first character and gave the game a retry with a new build. It became a bit too repetitive and my new character build did very little to change up the game. Keeping AC:Origins at a 7.
  7. Nov 15, 2017
    I normally hate assassins creed games (other than AC 2 which I did enjoy at the time) and vowed never to buy one again, but I just got my XB1X and I wanted to see how a modern 4K HDR game looks on my 75 inch Visio P-Series TV. I gotta say the game looks absolutely amazing. That is the primary reason I am still playing (about half way through now) although it is starting to get prettyI normally hate assassins creed games (other than AC 2 which I did enjoy at the time) and vowed never to buy one again, but I just got my XB1X and I wanted to see how a modern 4K HDR game looks on my 75 inch Visio P-Series TV. I gotta say the game looks absolutely amazing. That is the primary reason I am still playing (about half way through now) although it is starting to get pretty repetitive as usual with these games. Really I'm mostly just enjoying seeing the sites in Egypt.

Also, I'm glad they made the combat harder as well: near impossible to just take on 10 enemies on a frontal assault now, usually 3 is enough to cause some difficulty (playing on Hard setting).

But overall it is still a AC game at its core, which I think is hard to really get immersed in due to the annoying "desynched" mechanic and modern world aspects. The devs here should just dump that old plotline and just go for an immersive RPG game in a historical setting without all the sci-fi modern day crap it just brings me out of the immersion. Until they do that this WILL be my last Assassins Creed game, unless they come out with 8K TVs that I want to test out...
  8. Jan 16, 2019
    What an odd duck of a game. Origins has all the open world camel riding wonder that I loved about Red Dead Redemption but the RPG elements limit the exploration, assassinations, and story. Let's start with my least favorite/most hated feature of this game, the grinding. Some enemies will be too high level for you to even attempt to fight, and this makes progress impossible until you levelWhat an odd duck of a game. Origins has all the open world camel riding wonder that I loved about Red Dead Redemption but the RPG elements limit the exploration, assassinations, and story. Let's start with my least favorite/most hated feature of this game, the grinding. Some enemies will be too high level for you to even attempt to fight, and this makes progress impossible until you level up. This is disastrously un-fun in an Assassin's Creed game. I don't want to run stupid side missions. I want to finish the game already!

Even if RPG were removed entirely, the game has other flaws that are all the results of lazy design. You know those giant enemies often called heavies? Those 8 foot tall wonders litter the landscape. Some boss are 12 foot tall monsters that need 50 hits to take down. They also have several un-blockable special attacks that continue until the animation is finished. Remember when Assassin's Creed was about finding a path to the target and finding a path out? Now it's about boss battles. *unenthusiastic hooray*

The map is also littered with the cookie-cutter bases that kind of ruined Batman: Arkham Knight and definitely ruined Far Cry 4. Worst of all, all that base attacking is pointless. Taking out bases and high level officers has no affect on any aspect of the game.

The grind, Osiris help me, the grind! Not only do you have to grind to level up, you have to grind to upgrade equipment, which is really just another way of level up. Everything seems innocent enough when all you need is some animal hide or copper stolen from a transport. Then you find yourself killing hundreds upon hundreds of animals to upgrade an arm bracer. Which part of the animal are we using? The uvula? The goal is to take something interesting and make it as unfun as possible so you will buy materials with micro-transactions. This is sick game design and it does ruin the experience.

As bad as the design is, there is a compelling and competent game here. The environments are vast and detailed. People go about their business as if they aren't NPCs. (Then you hear them say the same 4 lines with terrible voice acting and you're back into the video game.) Fighting also works well against normal sized enemies. The game has optional racing and gladiator challenges but I found these un-fun. You can also play optional "glitches" that have you fight enormous mythical monsters but I wasn't a high enough level to run any them when I finished the game. I will say this, when you finish, you will feel like you are finished. #gettingyourmoneysworth

This all really a problem of expectations. I was expecting a Hitman game in ancient Egypt. Instead I had The Witcher III set in ancient Egypt only without magic and compelling side stories.
  9. May 15, 2018
    What a surprise, another mediocre AC game. Yes, the combat is more focused, along with the world they built. But the main story was so generic, and the side quests, although better than the previous games, felt repetitive. It's disappointing that this was the outcome of the extra development time.
  10. Nov 1, 2018
    The first few hours were boring, but im glad i gave this game a chance. I fell in love with gradual map clearing, it was very refresing, but also boring in same time! I really like new combat system because it's simple, and functional, but also too overpowered. As the game was fun, i can't say this about story - it's predictive, blend and dialogues are horrible. If you expect another BlackThe first few hours were boring, but im glad i gave this game a chance. I fell in love with gradual map clearing, it was very refresing, but also boring in same time! I really like new combat system because it's simple, and functional, but also too overpowered. As the game was fun, i can't say this about story - it's predictive, blend and dialogues are horrible. If you expect another Black Flag you'll probably enjoy, but it won't be nothing more than Ubisoft standards. Expand
  11. Aug 4, 2019
    Урвал по скидке через Аргентину игру с дополнениями за копейки и прошёл второй раз после PS4 на Xbox One X

В прошлый раз вышло 118 часов, а теперь уложился в 117 :) Вот вроде уже всё видел и квесты помню, но играть было также увлекательно, поэтому добил до конца и не стал забрасывать, хотя изначально идея была просто сравнить графон и всё. Графика на ящике получше, но не намного -

В прошлый раз вышло 118 часов, а теперь уложился в 117 :)

Графика на ящике получше, но не намного - лишь сглаживанием убрали лесенки, добавили 4к и мыла поменьше, если переводить на язык пк-бояр, то это примерно как с высоких подняли на ультра, а не с минималок на высокие, когда почувствовалось бы прямо. Майки немного «приукрасили» в рекламе совместной с юбиками, которая лезла перед половиной роликов на ютубе, дескать надо строго на ящике иксе проходить, чтобы получить лучший игровой опыт. Да, играть на боксе значительно приятнее, но не из-за графона, который не так чтобы прямо завезли, это же юбисофт и они бы не стали париться над отдельной версией, внося кардинальные отличия, а из-за самого девайса, работающего в полной тишине и управляемого лучшим геймпадом на рынке + немножко графона.

Короче, как майки не умели продвигать свою коробку со старта в 13 году, так и не научились - то у них тиви-тиви и оверпрайс за бандлы с киннектом, без которого тупо не купить, то потом зацените графон, которого нет благодаря лени разрабов и отсутствию пинков от мелкомягких, чтобы пилили этот самый графен. Надо продвигать как самое комфортное элитарное устройство и возможно продажи пойдут и не будет обмана, как с графоном, когда после рекламы на ютубе, ищешь в этом же ютубе сравнение картинки и не понимаешь нафига тебе покупать ящик? Дело в том, что можно было графон сделать на порядок лучше, мощность позволяет, просто юбики не захотели, а майки не настояли :(
    Зато по комфорту он лучше плойки и никто не сможет уличить в разводе, так как его нет - всё честно… майки такие вы слоупоки, чесслово, всё вам объяснять надо :)

Оценку не буду ни снижать ни повышать - те же 7 из 10, как на плойке, но если бы завезли обещанный графон, то может быть прибавил бы балл, но Ubisoft это вам не CD Project Red, которым не западло обновить Ведьмака трёхлетней давности до 4к и подтянуть в общем и целом картинку и производительность, чтобы сделать приятное людям, давно купившим игру для первого хуана, когда она работала в 720… нет, это Юбисофт, которые продали игру и побежали делать новую, а если не продалась хорошо, то даже баги править не будут, как вышло с Юнити
  12. Jun 12, 2019
    Great game, got a bit repetitive as it went on, but its a beautiful open world set in Egypt.
  13. Jun 26, 2020
    Not a great Assassin's Creed game, but it is decent. Bayek is a bland uninteresting character, but Aya is great.
  14. Aug 24, 2019
    У данной игры есть много плюсов и минусов. Я бы хотел разделить все тонкости игры на положительные и отрицательные, разумеется, на мой субъективный взгляд. Начнем с плюсов:

+Атмосфера. Игра прекрасно отображает быт древних египтян, их мифологию, архитектуру и ремесла. Играя в истоки, вы можете изучить пантеон египетских богов, их легенды. Их величественные храмы и прочие сооружения радуют глаз. Впрочем, для Ubisoft ничего необычного.

+Исторические реалии. Здесь нам будет показано, какая нация в Птолемеевском Египте действительно была титульной, а какая нет. Разные тонкости политики Рима, Птолемея и прочее.

+Геймплей. Наконец то, вместо контратаки теперь ударить можно по радиусу. Это делает прохождение более подвижным.

Минусы:

-Сюжет. По сравнению с единством и синдикатом он является чуть ли не идеальным. Но все равно остается на низком уровне из-за банальщины в диалогах, предсказуемости и отсутствии каких-то особых черт у членов Ордена Древних.

-Дополнительные квесты. Скучнейшие по своей сути. Постоянно нужно возвращаться в те же форты, что ты и зачищал, каждый новый квест это всегда очередное убийство бандитов или хищников. Самый скучный аспект игры.

-Графика. Она объективно стала хуже после Синдиката. Дальность прорисовки не компенсирует то, что она очень мыльная и во многих местах смотрится очень глупо.

Итого: 6/10. За рутину с проблесками интересных моментов.
  15. Feb 6, 2021
    I would've loved to give this game a 7 or maybe even an 8 but there's just too much wrong here.

Let's start with the good stuff though: - the world: certainly in the center of the game and its main attraction. It's absolutely huge and looks stunning. Visually really among the best in the genre, both at night and day. - that's basically it for me... but the world really is f*cking

Let's start with the good stuff though:
    - the world:
    - that's basically it for me... but the world really is f*cking awsome

the neutral:
    - story:
    Many points and turns make no sense. While the general concept is actually not bad, its execution is lacking. As an origin-story for the Creed however, it feels fitting.
    - mounts:
    camels and horses feel alright. The controls are as basic as they come and could've been infinitely better if just inspired by RDR. They also move way too slow
    - ships:
    while it's nice to have back sea-battles, they just don't feel that great. They are pretty much insignificant for the story and don't control nearly as well as in Black Flag
    - RPG-mechanics:
    while I'm a friend of leveling and skill-trees (and this one is pretty good, I think), it's not well implemented here. The focus on numbers is much too great and fights do not depend on your skills with this messy combat-system as much as on whether your enemy has a higher level than you (could've as well been round-based, to go into the extreme here). The story-missions also force you to grind with side-missions. This wouldn't be a problem if 80% of them weren't actually as bland as they are

the bad:
    - characters:
    while Bayek is based on an alright concept and his motives are mostly clear, he simply seems pretty stupid. Time and time again he proves to people that it's not the gods punishing them but some human, while he himself doesn't seem to grasp the same point in his motivations. Aya, while as a character not much better than Bayek, was not as annoying. Her gameplay passages however felt unnecessary and forced. Other characters are mostly not worth talking about.
    - animations & dialogue:
    something I can somewhat forgive in a game of such scope. Facial animations are basically nonexistent except for cut-scenes. Dialogues often seem obsolete and stupid, tying in with the relatively senseless story.
    - combat:
    praised by many and certainly a step in the right direction. While I personally enjoyed the earlier AC combat, it really did get old with time and this feels much more engaging. The execution is terrible though imo... essential mechanics such as dodging, blocking or shooting are insanely inconsistent. Dodging does not get you out of reach, no, the enemy will just turn mid-air and hit you anyway. What's the point of dodging then? The worst however are the combo- and animation-locks. Bayek does not move resposive enough and once in an enemy-combo, you might just stop the fight altogether... this felt most frustrating in the second to last boss-fight (won't give any spoilers here), where only very short time-frames were given to hit the enemy. With every further hour of playtime I'll probably come up with more points why the combat is insufficient but I think the point is made

TL;DR: All in all a good Assassin's Creed but not a very good RPG (or game in general?). The world is amazing and the AC-feel is there. However, frustrating lack of polish with combat and everything surrounding the story can make it a chore to play.
  16. May 20, 2020
    El juego impacta en sus primeras dos o tres horas del juego, sobresalientes gráficos y más si se juega en un Xbox one x, bastante buen doblaje, historia interesante y el protagonista tiene encanto, el problema es todo lo que viene después, es un juego que entre más se juega más disgusto a, el mundo es demasiado grande para su propio bien y la manera más rápida de trasladarse las primerasEl juego impacta en sus primeras dos o tres horas del juego, sobresalientes gráficos y más si se juega en un Xbox one x, bastante buen doblaje, historia interesante y el protagonista tiene encanto, el problema es todo lo que viene después, es un juego que entre más se juega más disgusto a, el mundo es demasiado grande para su propio bien y la manera más rápida de trasladarse las primeras veces es en una montura y tarda mucho que agobia, la historia pierde fuerza y una vez que viste una parte del mapa ya lo viste todo y después el juego se vuelve absoluta y abismalmente repetitivo y aburrido, estaba muy emocionado cuando lo empecé y al final la verdad ya solo quería que se acabará sin importarme un bledo la historia.por cierto, aborreció el sistema rpg que le metieron, pésimo e inorgánico. Expand
  17. Sep 6, 2021
    РПГ??? ну наверное это интерестно было в 1 раз но сука не 3 раза одну и ту же игру блять продовать
    а в целом эта часть была не плохой
  18. Feb 11, 2021
    I'm a big assassins creed fan. I've played every single game. While this game is great and I would recommend to play this game. It is kind of disappointing it feels like Assassin's creed lost their identity and stealth is a lot less important. It's a good game but not a good assassins creed game.
  19. Jun 23, 2022
    Assassin's Creed Origins was Ubisoft's leap of faith into a new world for the franchise that desperately needed a revamp, however, years later, looking at what's come after, one must wonder if this was the right path.

Pros: +Likable characters +Interesting plot +Good graphics +Good soundtrack & art style +Armor & weapons look and feel varied +Good voice acting +Parkour feels

Pros:
    +Likable characters
    +Interesting plot
    +Good graphics
    +Good soundtrack & art style
    +Armor & weapons look and feel varied
    +Good voice acting
    +Parkour feels fluid & responsive
    +Cities feel lived in
    +Arena & racing side activities feel fun and are a good change of pace

Cons:
    -NPCs keep repeating the same lines of dialogue
    -Too grindy
    -Sidequests follow the same predictable formula (starts out as something simple but then you're tasked with a new objective that sees you almost always killing a commander, saving someone, bringing an object,...)
    -Main story is too short & follows the same pattern for 3/4 of the game
    -Last section of the story feels rushed
    -Little activity variety
    -Combat feels boring after a while
    -A lot of the gear you receive is usually weaker than what you have on
    -Enemies on horseback are extremely annoying to fight on foot
    -Mounts move too slowly, specially inside cities
    -No visual indication to alert you if you can or can't parry a certain attack
    -Extreme level gating
    -A lot of the areas in the map aren't used in the main story
    -Most of the sidequests are forgettable
    -The true ending for the character is locked behind DLC
    -Animals are a bore to fight
    -Too much stunlock
    -Boss battles feel poorly balanced making them either too hard or too easy

Overall, Assassin's Creed Origins still holds up in many regards, to this day, however, despite what many believe, the game's not the strongest one out of the RPG lineage of AC titles. Boring gameplay, lackluster story that's only elevated by the amazing performance from Bayek's (the main character) voice actor, tedious side activities, predictable structure and a world too big for its own sake, make AC: Origins a title that's good in its best & rarest moments and a chore to go through during most of the title's runtime. A typical case of quantity over quality.

For those that were fans of AC: Odyssey, the game will feel like a (natural) step back, for those who liked AC: Valhalla, the game will feel like meeting a distant cousin for the first time and for those that are fans of the older titles in the franchise, there are some aspects that will intrigue you that are part of the core experience of AC, but it is a significant departure nonetheless. If you are looking for a lite-RPG set in ancient Egypt, with some mystical elements then I recommend the game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2018
    For me Origins is the best game in the series, a beginning of a new era for the long-running franchise. I was awestruck by how huge, varied and believable its world is and how dense it is with all sorts of appealing activities. I welcomed the completely redesigned combat system, which bids farewell to the old “press X to win” feature. Apart from various glitches and technical issues (often resulting from game’s complexity) my only serious charge against Origins is that it sets up its story poorly and fails to keep it tight. [13/2017, p.68]
  2. Dec 13, 2017
    Origins provides a much-needed change in direction for the Assassin’s Creed franchise. The range of new action-RPG elements isn’t especially innovative but they do more than enough to make the previously tired gameplay feel fresh and engaging. The world is beautiful and dense, the characters are interesting, and the story offers enough mystery and intrigue to keep players coming back before it sadly ends far too quickly. Assassin’s Creed Origins isn’t perfect, but it points to a long and healthy future for the series.
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 12, 2017
    Egypt and star Bayek make this a promising forebear to a new age of Creed.