5.9

1. Jun 25, 2020
    The game is so stutterly and with inconsistent frame rate/ frame time that after short period I get a heavy headache and my eyes burn. Typically I am not sensitive to this kind of issues at all. Published gameplay video is completely different from the user experience. Ridiculously full of bugs like random game crashes, wheel not being detected, FFB or button settings being reverted, etc.The game is so stutterly and with inconsistent frame rate/ frame time that after short period I get a heavy headache and my eyes burn. Typically I am not sensitive to this kind of issues at all. Published gameplay video is completely different from the user experience. Ridiculously full of bugs like random game crashes, wheel not being detected, FFB or button settings being reverted, etc. etc. Beware! I heavily regret having pre-ordered. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2020
    Buyer beware - avoid this game until it is fixed! Launch problems include graphics stuttering, frame drops from 30fps, racing wheels not detected, lights that don't work at night and the 'free', no multiplayer private lobbies, and the 'free' DLC pre-order pack is to be released at a later unspecified date. Some players are reporting game crashes too.

Reader beware with the biased EG

Reader beware with the biased EG IT review too.

Another poor console port from Kunos and 505 games and a pure cash grab to release the game on this generation of aging consoles. On the next gen consoles it should have a chance of running properly at a fixed 30fps or higher. You will notice the stutter and frame drops on all the current generation consoles.

If you are looking for a single player career mode it's best to move on, the career mode is outdated and awful even on PC.

Avoid this game until you read that it has been fixed. The PC version took months for them to get right too. Better still wait until the new consoles are released and the hardware has some hope of delivering a decent experience.
  3. Jun 26, 2020
    Needs improving in a lot of areas mentioned in other review but I am enjoying it on the One X and not finding it unplayable. My pre order DLC installed fine but I know some people have had issues. If this gets sorted and polished it could easily become my favourite racing game
  4. Jun 30, 2020
    There are certainly some areas that need to be worked on. But overall, it has the most realistic GT3 cars anywhere on console and incredible sounds. One they have fixed the frame rate, it would bring more players into the game.
  5. Jul 6, 2020
    Best physics on console so far, by far! Dynamic weather, day and night realtime system and tons of precise data at your hand. The game clearly aims at superior visuals, good damage model, 4K fidelity, photorealistic ambient rather then high framerate, which might be an odd decision, given the fact, that the physics are highly related to the frame rate, then this is a 10 for you.Best physics on console so far, by far! Dynamic weather, day and night realtime system and tons of precise data at your hand. The game clearly aims at superior visuals, good damage model, 4K fidelity, photorealistic ambient rather then high framerate, which might be an odd decision, given the fact, that the physics are highly related to the frame rate, then this is a 10 for you. Nethertheless you dont get this full package in any other game, at the cost of framerates. Either you sacrifice, sound, videlity and weather effects, like GT Sport or detailed modells and physics like Forza or you get an arcade racer like Grid. If you love physics, details, weather, graphics and realism, it's ACC! Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 4, 2020
    Assetto Corsa Competizione on Xbox One is a hard game, make no mistake. Learn to play by its rules, learn the tracks, learn just how much you can lean on a car, and it will suddenly click. This is not a game for casual players though and if you want to make the most of the content here, you need to commit the time and get good. The rewards are there – it’s just down to you to unlock them.
  2. Jul 3, 2020
    Assetto Corsa Competizione is the simulation every car lover wanted on console, but everything good it does gets ultimately overshadowed by a too unstable frame-rate, a mortal sin for a racing game. Wheel management bugs aren't helpful, too.
  3. Jun 26, 2020
    The console versions of Assetto Corsa Competizione are capable of great racing, but they're also riddled with problems.