6.6

1. Sep 5, 2016
    Unfortunately the developers have launched what can only be described as an incomplete game with many issues that need to be addressed. The only current redeeming feature of this game is that the handling and physics model are as good as the pc version. The console version at release looks similar to early pre release beta versions of the game. The online multiplayer segment of thisUnfortunately the developers have launched what can only be described as an incomplete game with many issues that need to be addressed. The only current redeeming feature of this game is that the handling and physics model are as good as the pc version. The console version at release looks similar to early pre release beta versions of the game. The online multiplayer segment of this game remains broken with unplayable framerate issues despite a patch to fix the issue. More fundamentally the career mode includes a number of impossible to complete events due to the seeming absence of any game testing. There are no custom control settings, no controller calibration, several important controls are missing ef the look back button and you can either choose DRS or Handbrake, not both. The developers will only give 'soon' as a date for any fix and are incredibly vague about what those fixes might be. If you like hot lapping alone the game has some charm but that has to be balanced with the total absence of leaderboards. As it stands it is impossible to recommend buying this game until significant updates and fixes are applied. The truly unanswered questions is why the console version is so out of date compared to the current pc release. The official forum is another concern, a tightly controlled closed lobby that rejects criticism where PC elitists lurk to make uninformed comments based on the a version of the game console owners do not have access to. How video game makers are allowed to get away with releasing unfinished games like this is beyond me. Avoid this game until you hear and see plenty of footage confirming the fixes have been applied. Expand
  2. Sep 4, 2016
    No rain, no night mode, no car customization, no custom lobbies and community is really toxic (look at these people giving it 10/10 score). Unless you speed 300$ on wheel, get Forza 6, as driving with controller is crap unless stability control is turned on, but then physic become even more arcade than Forza's one.
  3. Aug 30, 2016
    Has a lot of major frame rate drops, big time screen tearing, career mode is lacking. No incentive to continue in career mode since everything is unlocked from the start. The menus are constantly bombarded by in app DLC. It has no weather system at all. Online doesnt work. The concept of the game is severely held back by all the major technical problems. Controls really bad with aHas a lot of major frame rate drops, big time screen tearing, career mode is lacking. No incentive to continue in career mode since everything is unlocked from the start. The menus are constantly bombarded by in app DLC. It has no weather system at all. Online doesnt work. The concept of the game is severely held back by all the major technical problems. Controls really bad with a controller. Meant with a wheel and even with a wheel it gives no customization options. You are left with default settings with the wheel. Not worth a buy at MSRP of $60. Expand
  4. Sep 3, 2016
    Not enough tracks in laser scan and auto faithfully reproduced to make a game . It lacks just about everything, and no private rooms online the game is useless .
    I.A. It is terrible and full of bugs
    Total disaster .
  5. Aug 30, 2016
    Awesome sim, the driving experience is unmatched.

Yes, the career mode is very barebones and there's little game to it, especially when compared with GT or Forza, but it's the sheer joy of driving that makes it unique.
  6. Aug 30, 2016
    Pretty good so far. Yes, the Career mode is a bit Spartan and is needs more development. Example: After you complete a race, finishing 1st, it tells you are first. Then there is no prompt to continue, or go to a menu, you pull the menus back up, and select Quit. This just seems like bad form.

The driving has been pretty good so far. I have been driving Forza for years, so this game is a refreshing change of pace. I like the fact that it doesnt have all the car modes of Forza, if I wanted that I would go back to Forza. It also doesnt have tire barriers on tracks where they dont belong. I find the AI isnt to bad.

I hope if this sells well on the x1, the developer will continue to improve the interface and some of the details.
  7. Aug 31, 2016
    People expecting a Forza or Project cars will be disappointed, but people looking for the best console actual simulation racer this is it! If you have a wheel or plan on getting one then not getting this would be a big mistake.
  8. Aug 31, 2016
    Up to now, I had only played Forza 4, Forza 6 and Project Cars, the latter being my favourite for its (IMO) superior FFB, physics and overall presentation. In spite of liking Forza, I never appreciated much its FFB (wheel user) and its excess of fanfare (prize spins, hollywoodian effects and the like).
    Now that Assetto is out, I decided to give it a go, being a bit skeptical that it could be all that different from what I had experienced so far with other games. I was wrong. If the pleasure of driving is what counts most for you, which is my case, this game is impressive. From a very basic Abarth, to a Formula car, the sensation one can have from sheer driving is incredible, really addictive. The graphics are not as good as the ones in Project Cars as yet, but are more than good enough. Minor drops in FPS (a patchable issue) is not something distracting IMO, as the game has lots of other strengths to compensate for some fixable drawbacks (just a matter of time, I think).
    Maybe a wheel would be something almost essential for full immersion, although the game is playable with a pad. However, I think that using a simulator with a pad wouldn't be a very desirable combination.
    On the other hand, if features such as customization, painting and collecting is what you like most, sticking to Forza would be the best for you. In short, Assetto Corsa is a game with a straight-to-the-point like presentation, with overall pleasant looks and an incredible driving sensation, with minor problems that may be easily patched in the coming months. I only don't give it a 10 for the minor problems I've mentioned and for a relative small number of tracks, which hopefully will increase as new content is added in the future. To me, the car count is good enough, with a great selection of highly polished and desired machines. In short, a great game that I really hope to see around for a long time.
  9. Aug 30, 2016
    In realism nothing else on consoles touches it, but requires wheel and pedals to be enjoyable. It's not a game, it's a sim. In both good and bad ways. Depends on your expectations if you like it or not.

I hope other games like Forza/GT will stop marketing themselves as sims, until they actually are sims. It creates dumb expectations, when actual sim comes to consoles.
  10. Sep 3, 2016
    Owning This on PC i know first hand the capabilities of this game, it has astounding racing for those whom take it seriously and are not interested in ramming people off for fun. If you want that GO PLAY FORZA, as this is not the game for you. This game is not designed for cars playing soccer or skittles.

Its a full on realistic Sim (Track Racing), if you don't want sim realism DO NOT BUY it simple as.

If you do prepare to go deep with tuning your car, warming your tyres and all the good stuff that comes with a true sim racer.

11. Aug 8, 2017
    First of all the actual driving physics of this game are better than anything else available on the XBox.

Unfortunately everything else is sub par. We are now at the point after nearly a year that I still cannot save progress on the XBox, even the new championship they introduced in the newest update cannot be saved. You cannot set up your controller/wheel as there is no system to

Unfortunately everything else is sub par.

You cannot set up your controller/wheel as there is no system to map buttons so some of the cars are un-driveable with my wheel.

The multi player has problems but they do seem to be working on it, even though they havn't got it quite right right. Very long waits to actually start a race, large ping times, pretty unusable.

The AI is very poor, they will just line up behind you in a long line and refuse to overtake on the straight and then run into you on a bend.

Weather is not simulated at all, neither are starts, there is no skill required for pulling away even with a clutch pedal and manual car, you cannot even stall the car. You can select 6th gear and just pull away slowly.

So if you want a game that is basically only good for hot lapping (as long as you don't want to record your times or compare them to anyone else) then this might be a good bet, otherwise it might be best to steer clear.

1. Feb 6, 2017
    If you give this game a chance, you can expect full reward in return. Others can feel it as wasted money, because Assetto is still rather experiment and beta version than a proper game even after two years. The console version of the successful racing simulator fully demonstrates the weaknesses of small teams and big ambitions.
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 18, 2016
    In comparison to beautiful, fluid, rich Forza Motorsport 6 Assetto Corsa seems amateurish and I see no point in wasting time on looking for its alleged awesomeness when every platform offers at least one better racing game. [11/2016, p.66]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Oct 3, 2016
    Uncompromising and dedicated to the art of driving. This one's only for genre fans. [Nov 2016, p.81]