8.3

1. Oct 21, 2016
    Although the games have aged well and look fantastic, the frame rate (At least in the Xbox One version) is still pretty sub-par. The two games still hold up well and I strongly recommend anyone who hasn't played them to pick them up. For those who have played the games in the past, there's no real reason to purchase them again unless you are an avid of the series.
  2. Oct 29, 2016
    Regarding the quality of arkham asylum and arkham city, they're almost flawless games, definite classics. Unfortunately, this remaster is somewhat underwhelming. The textures do look sharper, but the improved lighting brings out some of the flaws in the graphics that the darker 7th gen versions masked. Also the frame rate is only 30fps but sometimes stutters below even that. This still aRegarding the quality of arkham asylum and arkham city, they're almost flawless games, definite classics. Unfortunately, this remaster is somewhat underwhelming. The textures do look sharper, but the improved lighting brings out some of the flaws in the graphics that the darker 7th gen versions masked. Also the frame rate is only 30fps but sometimes stutters below even that. This still a good buy for those who don't already own these two incredible games. Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2016
    These graphics are gorgeous! There's still some signs that the games are old (especially Arkham Asylum with the character models when they talk), but MAN the environments are STUNNING! The only reason it didn't get a flat out 10 for me is there is a bit of stutter and framerate drop that I've noticed so far. Otherwise, you've made my dreams come true! Now bring Arkham Origins to backThese graphics are gorgeous! There's still some signs that the games are old (especially Arkham Asylum with the character models when they talk), but MAN the environments are STUNNING! The only reason it didn't get a flat out 10 for me is there is a bit of stutter and framerate drop that I've noticed so far. Otherwise, you've made my dreams come true! Now bring Arkham Origins to back compat and complete my set! Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2016
    The frame rate is super distracting (sub 30fps) and stutters all the time these are great games but these remasters are very disappointing I would have preferred a straight port at 60fps or backwards compatibility
  5. Nov 16, 2016
    very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good!
  6. Feb 16, 2020
    First game(s) I ever played that give me headaches & eye pain. Played & still play the originals to death but these remakes are so badly made that their remastered graphics give me literal eye pain & head aches. Bloom is too high, shadows are too dark & lights are too bright. Even when playing in a well lit room & setting TV brightness lower game(s) still cause me head/eye pain. I'veFirst game(s) I ever played that give me headaches & eye pain. Played & still play the originals to death but these remakes are so badly made that their remastered graphics give me literal eye pain & head aches. Bloom is too high, shadows are too dark & lights are too bright. Even when playing in a well lit room & setting TV brightness lower game(s) still cause me head/eye pain. I've been playing games for over 25 years. I've never had a game where every time I play it I get a headache until now.

Asylum is the worst. Going in & out of detective mode gives you a very bright white flash. It was never this bright in the original. I have to close my eyes every time I turn detective mode on or off because it's so bad.

Arkham City is better, but it still hurts my head to look at. The bloom on neon signs & fire effects is set so high that having them on screen gives me eye pain.

Both games suffer from severe lighting/shading problems that just hurt my eyes to look at. I dunno why it causes me eye pain & head aches but they just do. I can still play the originals on PC with no problems or the 360 versions which I own as well, but playing these remasters is like looking at the sun during a solar eclipse. It's beautiful but keep staring & you'll go blind.
  7. Oct 20, 2016
    These are good games, no question about that.
    But technically this is a very disappointing remaster. Arkham Asylum especially stutters a lot and framerate is not a stable 30 fps. Would stay away until this is patched.
  8. Apr 11, 2020
  9. Jun 30, 2020
    "Return" is a good, but not great remastered set that is more for newbies than fans. Both "Asylum" and "City" are classics that hold up exceptionally well. But neither one runs on 60 FPS nor do they include any new feature. However, all the DLC is here. As far as the visual upgrade is concerned, it's a solid job. The enhanced lighting and improved textures are terrific. However, the"Return" is a good, but not great remastered set that is more for newbies than fans. Both "Asylum" and "City" are classics that hold up exceptionally well. But neither one runs on 60 FPS nor do they include any new feature. However, all the DLC is here. As far as the visual upgrade is concerned, it's a solid job. The enhanced lighting and improved textures are terrific. However, the brighter look produced by the Unreal Engine 4 takes away some of the dark, moody atmosphere of the originals. Despite its shortcomings, this is a great way for new players to experience two of the greatest video games ever made. I would rate it with an 8.2 out of 10. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2017
    This new version of Batman is darker in tone but stylistic with gripping stories from the best two superhero games every made. A brilliantly fantastic story driven trilogy following the Dark Knight's journey into the night in a bid to take down the underworld of Gotham City. There are an array of different characters to meet and interesting places to explore and side missions to keep youThis new version of Batman is darker in tone but stylistic with gripping stories from the best two superhero games every made. A brilliantly fantastic story driven trilogy following the Dark Knight's journey into the night in a bid to take down the underworld of Gotham City. There are an array of different characters to meet and interesting places to explore and side missions to keep you gripped inside the psyche of The Batman for hours. Expand
  11. Feb 26, 2020
    nota 8 pelo primeiro jogo, o segundo ainda não joguei, quando jogar volto aqui pra dar nota, o primeiro me fez estressar numa certa parte la kkkkk mas é bom

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 4, 2016
    IF you're really itching to return to Arkham, it might be better to fire up your Xbox 360. [Christmas 2016, p.78]
  2. Nov 16, 2016
    Arkham City is the better of the two games on offer here, but both games are wonderful to play-through for nostalgic reasons. However, if you’ve never played either of them before, you owe it to yourself to do so now.
  3. Oct 28, 2016
    The chuggy frame rate (particularly in in Arkham Asylum) is disappointing but it won’t ruin your enjoyment of either game.