5.2

1. Sep 13, 2019
    Borderlands 3 is the newest addition to the critically acclaimed FPS franchise. Starting the stories of 4 new Vault Hunters, Borderlands 3 delivers 300% more awesome. Led by former Vault Hunter, Lilith, Recruit Vault Hunters Zane (as Himself) the operative, Amara the Siren, Moze the gunner, And FL4K the Beastmaster embark on a journey with a lively roster of characters from the formerBorderlands 3 is the newest addition to the critically acclaimed FPS franchise. Starting the stories of 4 new Vault Hunters, Borderlands 3 delivers 300% more awesome. Led by former Vault Hunter, Lilith, Recruit Vault Hunters Zane (as Himself) the operative, Amara the Siren, Moze the gunner, And FL4K the Beastmaster embark on a journey with a lively roster of characters from the former games. The story is loaded with all the twisted humor you've come to expect from Pandora's wild inhabitants. Giving fans the finality of several story arcs, Borderlands 3 also opens possible story niches to further explore. The skill system has evolved greatly allowing far more customization to how you can build your Hunter. You could play the same character as your friend and end up with entirely different skill sets and roles in the heat of battle. The games Soundtrack and voice audio collection is staggering! Everyone, has something to say, usually snarky, about nearly everything. The weapons... Where do I even Start? Borderlands has always boasted an impressive collection of firepower from the absolute Wackiest, to the most incredibly devastating weapons, but this installation brings an ass-load more to the table. Every feature in the game is beautifully crafted from the UI to the Map screen. If you are new to the franchise, or a returning fan Borderlands 3 will provide you with hours of insane combat, with crazy weapons, and tons of laughs as you interact with the games cast! A Must Have for fans of Borderlands, and anyone that likes to shoot things! A true must have for fans and newcomers alike on the Xbox One. Expand
  2. Sep 13, 2019
    If you liked borderlands 2 you will love this game. They basically improved on everything. Graphics are noticeabley better, I recomend playing on performance. Movement, climbing, sliding is awesome. Looting is quicker, you don't have to spam the loot button. Guns feel great. And it still has that great borderlands charm.
  3. Sep 19, 2019
    They are still removing bad reviews to hide the real image of this game, just like they tried to hide it by only letting few critics rate the game to have a fake good Metacritic score at launch.

So BL2 comes out in 2012, and BL3 in 2019 but it's... the same game? Hello? The game is way too similar, the loot boxes / chests, the level design, the monsters, the UI, the HUB, the graphics, the environments, the character models.... etc It's not a big follow up, it's an expansion. Lol even the missions are too similar, like go collect that, kill 10 of that type of monster, throw yourself in the fire (haha funny.. yikes), go hit that with melee attack... etc IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME! It's so repetitive, boring and feels and sounds more spongier than ever. The jokes are so bad too. Oh there are microtransactions! And I don't have to mention the horrible optimization that Gearbox and 2K are trying to hide by not letting reviewers release their articles. Nice coverup. Such a mediocre sequel. It requires you to be always online to play it on PC by the way and suspiciously uploads 2mb/s of your data in the background.

BOO at Epic store, Randy and 2K.
    Don't bother playing or supporting this game.
  4. Sep 18, 2019
    Very buggy. Laggy. No appeal to return and play. Soooo disappointing for a long time fan of the franchise. Seriously thinking about returning for a refund. Bloody awful.
  5. Sep 20, 2019
    Shame!
    This game is the same thing as Borderlands 2.
    The graphics are soo similar. This is identical to what EA did with Madden20 & NHL20. Both EA sports games used the 100% IDENTICAL UI layout from NHL19/Madden19.. That is soooo lazy... In the past they atlelast changed the layout of the UI so the presentation looked new.. Not this year... I was amazed when I played NHL20..
    Shame!
    This game is the same thing as Borderlands 2.
    The graphics are soo similar.
    This is identical to what EA did with Madden20 & NHL20.
    Both EA sports games used the 100% IDENTICAL UI layout from NHL19/Madden19..
    ****after 1 played 2 sessions of Borderlands on Xbox I realized that I hate the characters.
    * I played the beastmaster & Doppleganger guy..
    both are MEH,,
    I picked these two because the other two just looked awful.
    Butch Awful.. Why does a girl have to look like a dude to be Badass???
    They Don't= see Lilith!
    **The one is a ripoiff of Gaige & the other is the lamest SIren idea ive heard ever.
    Where's the creativity???
    **Somehtig is wrong with AAA & Hollywood lately..
    There's no excuse for STARWARS Sequel to be sooo bad..
    And Bordrlands 3 had the right idea of exploring that galaxy but the reason for doing so is too cheesy...
    ~~Siren powers should be unique & uber exciting..
    I thought Maya was bland & just like the Prequels of SW I now kick myself for thinking that was bad...

~Ellie??? Ok sure,,but Why is she alive surrounded by bandits who wat to kill her?
    And she's not exactly 'capable'..
    ***The worst travesty aside from Graphics has to be CLAPTRAP!!!
    Why not have a new Claptrap with a brand new annoying voice>??
    Are they thinking people wont be mad/creeped out by a generic almost sounding Claptrap??
    How hard is it to come up with a weird Voice Actor to use a weird ebonic of voice gimmick..
    THIS GAME WAS RUSHED!
    Gearbox didn't start it until years after the final B2 DLC..
    WHY?? Battleborn?? seriously?
    im disappointed because B3 was supposed to be special and it's not..
    in fact it's not even worth playing & I played it for free(Gamefly rental)
    I bought NHL Hockey instead. that sucked too..
    Whatevs,,,im going to my backlog instead of wasting more time on this crap....
  6. Sep 26, 2019
    I have logged hundreds of hours across B1 and B2... with multiple playthroughs. B2 was an improvement on B1 and B3 is an improvement on B2. The story is actually underrated and if you played the previous games it's great to see the development of some of the long term characters. Movement is excellent, loot much improved, so many cool guns and the combat is as satisfying as ever. OverallI have logged hundreds of hours across B1 and B2... with multiple playthroughs. B2 was an improvement on B1 and B3 is an improvement on B2. The story is actually underrated and if you played the previous games it's great to see the development of some of the long term characters. Movement is excellent, loot much improved, so many cool guns and the combat is as satisfying as ever. Overall B3 is a great success - outside of 2 crashes I really haven't had the issues that others have been complaining about. If you loved B2 then you will love B3... fact! Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2019
    Has some technical issues but this game is awesome. A LOT of content and Gearbox has stepped there game up in a big way with the gunplay. And the loot system may be the best that any looter game has to offer. Love this game.
  8. Sep 20, 2019
    Le jeu en lui même semble bon mais difficilement jouable en coop local. L'option priorité résolution a des performances déplorables. L'option priorité performance est moche et souffre quand même de lag. Le split screen est forcément horizontal et n'est vraiment pas pratique. Les textes sont illisibles. Dès qu'un joueur ouvre le menu, le jeu devient injouable. Après une heure de jeu, un desLe jeu en lui même semble bon mais difficilement jouable en coop local. L'option priorité résolution a des performances déplorables. L'option priorité performance est moche et souffre quand même de lag. Le split screen est forcément horizontal et n'est vraiment pas pratique. Les textes sont illisibles. Dès qu'un joueur ouvre le menu, le jeu devient injouable. Après une heure de jeu, un des persos était bloqué entre deux caisses. Le rendu graphique nous a fait mal à la tête. Bref très mauvaise expérience. J'ai adoré les précédents malgré les bugs mais là c'est trop. Expand
  9. Sep 23, 2019
    Horriblemente mal optimizado en XOX. La Consola da para más. Más después de Gears 5. Es una pena que el juego caiga a 23 fps.
  10. Sep 18, 2019
    From shady, unethical, and unprofessional practices by 2K and Gearbox which include censoring reviewers, favoring critics over others in an attempt to hide the game's technical issues and having a favorable score, banning people for gender-specifying a robot (who sounds like a male character), sending goons to a YouTuber's house and intimidating him, a non-stop drama surrounding the CEO ofFrom shady, unethical, and unprofessional practices by 2K and Gearbox which include censoring reviewers, favoring critics over others in an attempt to hide the game's technical issues and having a favorable score, banning people for gender-specifying a robot (who sounds like a male character), sending goons to a YouTuber's house and intimidating him, a non-stop drama surrounding the CEO of Gearbox, kicking great voice actors like Claptrap and Rhys. Plus the Epic exclusivity which I will get to that down below.

To a game full of technical issues across all platforms and PC builds, requiring an invasive always online connection to be played while sending 2 mb/s of user data in the same process. Not to mention, the game's very similar look and feel compared to its predecessors, but with unsatisfying writing, unfunny jokes, more empty levels and spongy enemies. In addition, going exclusively on Epic store which divides the huge community it built on Steam and strips away features like achievements, forums, screenshots... you name it.

Borderlands 3 turned from being one of the most anticipated games ever that could have sold millions by now and had a good chance at claiming the GOTY award, to a game that will probably be forgotten in few months, hindered by unnecessary, unethical, shady and sketchy business actions, drama shenanigans, hidden technical issues and a decision to abandon millions of fans behind on PC.

4/10 Too similar, buggy, repetitive, inadequately written and fails to deliver up to 2019 standards.
  11. Sep 18, 2019
    Beware, it's been mentioned that 2K and Gearbox are removing bad reviews to hide the technical issues like they are hiding them with the official reviews. There are barely any reviews coming out for this game. They only selected few websites to test the game AND THEY TOLD THEM to ignore the issues because "IT'S AN EARLY VERSION OF THE GAME", but the fact is, it was literally the realBeware, it's been mentioned that 2K and Gearbox are removing bad reviews to hide the technical issues like they are hiding them with the official reviews. There are barely any reviews coming out for this game. They only selected few websites to test the game AND THEY TOLD THEM to ignore the issues because "IT'S AN EARLY VERSION OF THE GAME", but the fact is, it was literally the real version of the game and had exactly the issues people are complaining of now. Nice cover-up. People already talked about it on the internet, check it. The game also is too similar to previous BL games.

- More than 6 years of development and all we get is BL2.5. Literally. You liked old BL games? You will keep doing the same thing but only with different characters and skills. Same missions, similar worlds, similar monsters and enemies, same graphics (with improved lighting and slightly improved textures), and LITERALLY same level design.

- Don't go in expecting a big sequel that had more than 6 years to come out. It's "more of the same" expansion. Gameplay is still repetitive. Game is also not well optimized, lots of FPS drops and other issues across all platfroms. My PC has i9 900K, 2080 Ti and 3600mhz 32gb DDR4, and can't get above 80 FPS on 1440p with dips below 60 fps.

- The game requires a constant internet connection to be played on PC, in fact, it uploads 2 mb/s of user data in the background over 10 BL3 tasks. Very sketchy.

- Being an Epic exclusive on PC for a game that had millions of people on Steam is a joke too, since it keeps most of these fans away and takes away features like achievements, screenshots, forums... etc.

- Story is meh, like the other BL games, but now with cringe-y jokes and no good voice acting from Claptrap or characters like Rhys since the original voice actors got kicked by Randy Pitchford.

- Microtransactions, which by the way Gearbox said they would not add any MTs.
  12. Sep 14, 2019
    This is so disappointing. We bought an Xbox one just to play Borderlands 3 in couch co-op move. They've removed the vertical split screen option, and in horizontal split mode the UI text is so small as to be unreadable. Added to that, there's so much lag when the other player uses a menu that the game is near unplayable. Such a let down after the greatness that was Borderlands 2.
  13. Sep 15, 2019
    More of the same stuff here with literally 0 quality of life improvements. It's nice that you can cycle between missions on the main screen but a diamond at the edge of my minimap doesn't say a whole lot. If you want to see which mission is closed to you, you have to flip between to tabs in the pause menu which gets excruciatingly painful. Add on top of that the the harder difficulty isMore of the same stuff here with literally 0 quality of life improvements. It's nice that you can cycle between missions on the main screen but a diamond at the edge of my minimap doesn't say a whole lot. If you want to see which mission is closed to you, you have to flip between to tabs in the pause menu which gets excruciatingly painful. Add on top of that the the harder difficulty is locked behind one playthrough and it was enough to get me to stop playing. Last of all, the endless amounts of weapon variations isn't attractive when you all you receive the first 8 hours are shotguns and assault rifles with 9 round magazines. Every looter shooter wants to be an fps Diablo, but none offer the same amount of fun grinding for gear as Diablo. Skip purchasing and wait to get it at a deep discount. With Ghost recon out in less than 2 weeks, COD and so many other great games coming soon, definitely worth skipping this reskin of what feels like a game from 5 years ago. Expand
  14. Sep 14, 2019
    Game is unplayable without vertical split screen. How was this overlooked? Huge disappointment!
  15. Sep 17, 2019
    Technically this game is a huge letdown. Can't hold 60fps even in 1080p mode on X1X. Maybe we've been spoiled by 4K60 Gears 5. I'll much rather play Handsome collection.
  16. Sep 20, 2019
    My wife and I fell in love with the Borderlands franchise as the last AAA couch co-op game. We've spent hundreds of hours blasting through BL1/2/PS. Needles to say: we were ecstatic that not only was it coming back but it was keeping split screen.

So far BL3 is an AWESOME update to the franchise - keeping what made it great and improving in other areas. LOVE all the new weapons and customizations and the world's massive (all of them).

However, split screen being the only mode we'd play this game in, is completely broken - almost to the point of being unplayable. Our love of the franchise has pushed us to try and work past the flaws (lack of vertical split screen, unreadable menus, announcements taking entirety of top players viewing area and all the fact that it chugs like a windows 95 pc trying to run crysis).

But it feels like more of a chore than a game; it's flaws are quickly outweighing the great updates and I'm regretting buying the Super Deluxe.
  17. Sep 14, 2019
    For single player I'd give this a high score, but that's not what I bought it for. I bought it for vertical split screen co-op to play with my husband. Horizontal split screen should be outlawed, it's horrible, the fonts are so small as to be illegible without sitting way too close to the TV and the lag in big fights or when accessing menus is awful! I'm not ditching the game as IFor single player I'd give this a high score, but that's not what I bought it for. I bought it for vertical split screen co-op to play with my husband. Horizontal split screen should be outlawed, it's horrible, the fonts are so small as to be illegible without sitting way too close to the TV and the lag in big fights or when accessing menus is awful! I'm not ditching the game as I expect patches will improve most of it over time, but they really need to add vertical split to the co-op. Expand
  18. Sep 14, 2019
    Game is, pretty much, unplayable in local co-op. The horizontal split-screen makes it ridiculously hard to see enemies or your map and the text is so small you can't read any tutorials, gun stats etc. The fact Gearbox didn't include vertical split in the first place and are remaining silent on patching it in is very worrying.
  19. Sep 16, 2019
    Disclaimer up front. This is an early review, and I have only sunk about 7 hours into the game.

That aside, this game is, at the time of writing, a technical DISASTER. If you are on the fence about this game, or if you are someone who would like to play in local co-op via split screen, DO NOT buy this game until they have fixed the atrocious condition of it at present. Specifically,

Specifically, co-op split screen play is, for some godforsaken reason, limited to horizontal alignment. What this means, on most modern widescreen televisions, is that the game is nigh unplayable. Enemies are extremely hard to see unless you are right on top of them. Forget about reading any of the game text or subtitles. They knew about this.

On top of the alignment troubles, the game is just plain laggy in co-op. Whenever a player opens their ECHO device, the other player's screen will stutter and lag, in some cases for more than a second or two. That might seem manageable, but in a firefight it makes the game extremely frustrating. They knew about this issue and released anyways.

There are also a number of significant bugs on top of the co-op ones. The worst one I've encountered is that, when trying to sell items in a vending machine, the display will show the wrong item and stats than what you have selected. On several occasions I have sold items I intended to keep as a result. Thankfully they kept the "Buy Back" tab, but this is still annoying as all get out, considering how often you sell items in this game.

As for story, gameplay, and voice acting, everything is thoroughly "meh." There's a lot of sameness to all of it, from enemy types, mission design, etc. It seems hard to believe this took 6 years to develop, and then arrive in the condition it is. It would also help if one of the first characters you interact with to start the campaign wasn't voiced by Chris ****ing Hardwick. Maybe don't lead in with him, huh?

The latter stuff is manageable. Like most, I like the Borderlands formula and wasn't looking for them to reinvent the wheel. But the technical condition of this game is atrocious. Vertical splitscreen is an absolute must. Gearbox will not get another dollar from me until they add it.
  20. Sep 16, 2019
    Summary: All appearance no substance, cringey, vapid dialogue and story, way too easy, and laggy on release. As a huge borderlands fan who replayed borderlands 2, borderlands, and the pre sequel, this game has been a bit of a disappointment. I think Gearbox confused better graphics and flashy lights as being the barometer for a better game. The story is by far the worst and is very cringeySummary: All appearance no substance, cringey, vapid dialogue and story, way too easy, and laggy on release. As a huge borderlands fan who replayed borderlands 2, borderlands, and the pre sequel, this game has been a bit of a disappointment. I think Gearbox confused better graphics and flashy lights as being the barometer for a better game. The story is by far the worst and is very cringey and most of the jokes sound like something written by a 12 year old. The game play for some reason feels worse than the previous games. It feels like even more of a repetitive grind, with guns that look different but essentially all function the same and do about the same amount of damage. All you have to do with any of the guns is point and shoot. Enemies miss most of their shots if you simply move around a little and you and the enemy are both bullet sponges. I played as Zane and I found his abilities pretty lackluster, putting down an impenetrable shield you can basically stand in one place and shoot. In any case, the enemies hardly ever lowered my shield and I only ever went down and died because of accidents. This game is way too easy, they really need to add a hard mode for more veteran players right off the bat, whats the point of collecting all these cool guns if the game isn't even challenging? it hardly even matters what guns I use. Whoever wrote the story line seriously need to be fired. I tried playing local co op and it was almost unbearable when the game would almost come to a halt when one of us tried switching out weapons. Also the new claptrap sounds like the old one lost his robotic soul. Expand
  21. Sep 15, 2019
    Only issue I am receiving is some consistancy and performance issues. And is only a minor setback.
  22. Sep 15, 2019
    I was really looking forward to this game, unfortunately in it's current state it's nearly unplayable, and in split-screen it's completely unplayable. Maybe after a few patches it will be worth another look, but as of right now the copious glitches and abysmal framerates just make for a frustrating experience rather than a fun one
  23. Sep 16, 2019
    Absolute trash, unplayable. Constant stuttering, forced horizontal split screen, text so small that I have to sit with my nose against my 70" TV. Do the devs not have friends to test the couch co-op with? You could not have played that and said "this is fine to ship." Zero, because my wife refuses to turn it on again unless it is patched.
  24. Sep 18, 2019
    Couch co op is a joke. Also played 18 hours and cloud save destroyed my save file im not happy.
  25. Sep 15, 2019
    Bought two copies of this game so my wife and I could play together on different TVs, just like every other game in the series. Turns out local LAN is NOT POSSIBLE, only split screen, which is unplayable. The only way to play together is to get two copies of XBox Live, and then the lag and disconnects are unbearable. Disappointment after disappointment.
  26. Sep 15, 2019
    What the actual f***!? The performance mode looks like it's running between 45 and 60 fps all the time, it is not good at all. Pre-sequel was running a way better, that is a huge disappointment. Now i understand why they give very few copies to the journalists, the game is unfinished and doesn't deserve you put a single dollar in it at the moment. Fix your s****!
  27. Sep 13, 2019
    I have spent hundreds of hours playing the previous Borderlands game and bought a new xbox one just for this game. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I always play couch co op with my wife and this game is unplayable right now. The lack of a vertical split screen was frustrating but I was willing to try and get used to it. But neither of us can read anything on the screen.I have spent hundreds of hours playing the previous Borderlands game and bought a new xbox one just for this game. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I always play couch co op with my wife and this game is unplayable right now. The lack of a vertical split screen was frustrating but I was willing to try and get used to it. But neither of us can read anything on the screen. I have to play literally 12 inches from the tv to read anything on the screen. Giving us each headaches. On top of that gun stats get cut off and scoped weapons take up the entire view in front of you. Then there are the bugs. The game froze up twice already within 20 minutes of playing each time. Also no loot, not a single piece, has dropped from any of the enemies for my character the entire time I played while my wife's character got normal drops. So while we had prepared for a fun night it was a frustrating several hours before I no longer wanted to deal with the issues. I won't even bother trying to play again until these issues are fixed and vertical split screen is back. It's that bad. Expand
  28. Sep 14, 2019
    The way coop is set up is garbage, expected way more from gearbox and 2K seeing as all the other games they brought us have been so great. Played all borderlands since they game out.. I can’t even play this one until they bring back vertical split screen
  29. Sep 14, 2019
    Game is buggy as **** Needs to be updated ASAP. Lag issues and frame rate drops galore. Fix your **** Gearbox!
  30. Sep 14, 2019
    BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: If you're on the fence about buying this game now or waiting, I suggest you wait until some issues are hopefully fixed, all the DLC is out, and a lower price.

Long time Borderlands fan. Multiple playthroughs of BL1 & 2. Only played the Pre-Sequel once. Solo player on Xbox One. Keep in mind this is a very early review. Level 10 right now, however I have issues with

Keep in mind this is a very early review. Level 10 right now, however I have issues with the game already. I just completed a new playthrough in BL2 prior to BL3 release, and BL3 just feels different, and not in a way I like. So maybe I'm not far enough removed from BL2, but in my opinion when I pick up a new sequel it should feel like an improved product. It feels like they've tried to make the gameplay (and the backpack menu) to be like other shooters instead of sticking to their successful formula. I do not want a more realistic game. I've enjoyed BL all these years because it was something different than all of the other bland shooters out there. It was a colorful and exciting shooter experience. 1. Movement and gunplay does not feel as smooth and crisp as previous titles. Gunplay just feels like you are farther away from the action. Targets seem smaller and off in the distance unless they are right up in your face. 2. I think my biggest gripe right now is the new backpack menu. I HATE the new menu. It is almost painful to sort through my backpack now. Not sure why they switched to a side by side menu for your unequipped items. The text is smaller, the weapon stats display is boring now (and hard to read), and comparing weapons is just not user friendly nor visually appealing. This whole menu is just ugly. I hate it compared to BL2. I loved the old menu. Also not sure why we need the character model in the middle of the menu to further break up item information and make your eyes scan back and forth across the screen. Also do not like the new interface for the vending machines.

3. The text is too small ALL OVER the place. Mission info on the play screen, item/weapon info, and the menus. Oh and small change I hate that others might not care so much as i do, but i really liked seeing how much exp you get after downing an enemy. It let you know WHEN you downed an enemy and was useful in knowing how strong your enemies were. Now we have to look way down at the bottom of the screen at our exp bar to see how much exp we received. Oh and the exp displayed is super small text too. Imagine that. They do show a red X in your reticle now when you down an enemy, but I feel like there is a lag for this. I preferred the old way. Soon as I saw that exp pop up, I knew I could move to a new target. 4. Pretty sad they couldn't pony up a few more dollars (or whatever the problem was) for the original Claptrap voice actor. It IS noticeable that it's not the same voice. (Once again, maybe I'm not removed enough from BL2 yet)

5. I do like the alternate firing modes for weapons. Pretty cool.

6. Not crazy about the map in the menu. It's always rotating depending on which way you're facing. Maybe it's just me, but I like my maps to stay with a fixed north position. It's nice they added elevation to it though. Mini map is ok. At least they give you an option for the mini map to rotate or not, so it's your preference on that one.

7. FL4Ks pet can make it difficult to pick up loot. Like I've said a few times, maybe I'm not removed enough from my last playthrough of BL2 to get a more fresh perspective on this new entry. However I think going straight from BL2 to BL3 should give the the same/better feeling while playing. BL3 so far for me falls short of the normal BL experience that I used to enjoy. Seems like the makers were trying to make this new entry similar to other current popular shooters instead of remaining true to their fresh and original take on shooters. I've always like Borderlands because it was different.

So in summary, I wish I could get my $$$ back and wait about a year until some things are fixed/improved and most of the DLC would be out. Did I mention how much I HATE THE BACKPACK MENU! NOT USER FRIENDLY!
  31. Sep 13, 2019
    Can not even play the game, the coop is so bad without vertical split screen, my wife and I can not look at the tv for longer than 10min without biting eyes and a migraine
  32. Sep 15, 2019
    Review bombing doesnt work. Get a life ffs. Its a sequel to a beloved franchise that gives you more than you asked for with new gameplay options, customizations, and stunning visuals but some of y'all wouldnt know bc you never picked it up. A **** youtuber told you the game was bad and you just agreed. Lmao what tf has gaming become
  33. Sep 13, 2019
    I'm one of those die-hard fans, who has a tendency to get really defensive when people criticize anything about Borderlands, but that ended last night when I powered it on only to discover there is NO VERTICAL SPLIT-SCREEN option. To add insult to injury, I can't read anything on the screen unless I am a foot from the screen, I can barely see what's going on no matter what I do with theI'm one of those die-hard fans, who has a tendency to get really defensive when people criticize anything about Borderlands, but that ended last night when I powered it on only to discover there is NO VERTICAL SPLIT-SCREEN option. To add insult to injury, I can't read anything on the screen unless I am a foot from the screen, I can barely see what's going on no matter what I do with the FOV and brightness settings, there is an unacceptable amount of input lag when aiming, and when someone goes into the menu, the lag/framerate drop makes it so the other person can't even play. And to add injury to injury, my wife was getting motion sickness so she had to stop playing - literally unplayable. Not to mention the many other bugs/glitches in the game.

Imagine waiting 7 years for something, taking a week and a half vacation from work, waiting in line with smelly nerds for an hour at EB Games (GameStop), spending $135.60 CAD (after tax, Super Deluxe), getting a babysitter for your kids, then not even being able to play the game! This is a MONUMENTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. Returning the game and going back to work on Monday. Thanks a lot, Gearbox.
  34. Sep 13, 2019
    My friend made me buy this game and We've had nothing but frame drop issues, extreme lag, and the game is just not that good, honestly feels way too much like an expansion to borderlands 2 than its own game
  35. Sep 14, 2019
    Shockingly awful performance and visual quality. Pretty riddled with bugs as well. For a game that seems mostly geared towards fans of the series who just wanted more Borderlands, I can't believe they wouldn't just delay another 6 months to iron out some of this technical disaster.
  36. Sep 13, 2019
    Absolutely loving it so far. Takes everything I love about Borderlands and takes it to the next level. Combat, movement, visuals, audio, everything is improved over previous games and it still feels just like Borderlands, which I love.

It also is running great for me on Xbox. No crashes or major slow downs.
  37. Sep 13, 2019
    The sheer number of people up giving the game a bad review is astonishing..like they never got to play it or went to the events that had it...Most of these review bombs have me in tears
  38. Sep 13, 2019
    I tried the game last night, I enomely played 2 and I find that this opus just brings the new features that are missing from 2. The graphics are very nice and more detailed than in the 2 which was already beautiful, and the gameplay is more dynamic.
  39. Sep 13, 2019
    The best the best borderlands the best looter shooter the best game on 2019 1 billion guns Pandora
    Eden 6
    Promethia
    Athena
  40. Sep 13, 2019
    I'm really enjoying the game. Updated graphics and game play are immediately noticeable; the backgrounds are down right gorgeous. New characters and abilities are really deep and tons of customization is available. DUALS ARE BACK!

One thing I'd love to have seen is the ability to take one of the unicorn guns you come across and then upgrade to higher levels later. If we could do this to, say 10 guns per character I think it would be a great feature.

All-in-all, if you're a fan of BL2 then you're likely going to love this game too.
  41. Sep 14, 2019
    Glitchy to start, also had to rearrange furniture to sit closer to tv since font is unreadable. Vertical split screen is gone. Disappointed so far :(
  42. Sep 14, 2019
    Do you like borderlands? Do you want to play more borderlands? If those are yes you'll love it. It's more borderlands it's all there. The jokes are as cringy as you want them to be. The loot is as fun a
    nd rewarding as ever. The grind exists and there is tons to do with plenty to keep you busy. It's all it needed to be. Yes there are a few minor in game breaking bugs but that's it. It's borderlands. the game play is improved while keeping the spirit.
  43. Sep 15, 2019
    Apparently, 2K and Gearbox are censoring critics from publishing their reviews, hence the very low number (22) and (0) on Xbox One version of the game. The reason for that is because they did not want the game to have average or bad reviews at launch, hiding the game's abysmal technical optimization and its obvious similarity to other BL games. It's all over YouTube and Reddit.

- Poorly

- Poorly optimized even on high end PCs, and lots of issues across PS4 and Xbox One X being reported by thousands of people.
    - Requires constant internet connection to be played on PC. It uploads 2 mb/s of your data in the background. Totally not sketchy.
    - Same game as BL2
    - Same level design
    - Same objectives and missions
    - Much worse writing, story and jokes.
    - Gameplay is repetitive.
    - Some levels are almost empty and enemies feel spongy.
    - Sound effects are a big meh.
    - No achievements, no screenshots, no community guides or forums... etc thanks to Epic store and its lack of basic features and good customer support.
    - Microtransactions.
    - Randy Ptichford.
    - 2K

It's an expansion of BL2, basically more of the same kind of sequel, nothing big or impressive, but with worse marketing, less features, pathetic writing, and very cringe-worthy jokes and voice acting. Very average to 2019 standards, but they still charged 60$ - 100$ for it.
  44. Sep 14, 2019
    Okay for a AAA title it’s infested with micro transactions, feels like a boaderlands 2.5 at most. A shame really because we have waited 6 years for this game? I’m playing this on a Xbox One X, the frames are choppy dropping as low as 40/50. Input delay! Input delay is almost unbearable, to the point I’ve just stopped playing. I’m done with these half finnished untested games thrown out forOkay for a AAA title it’s infested with micro transactions, feels like a boaderlands 2.5 at most. A shame really because we have waited 6 years for this game? I’m playing this on a Xbox One X, the frames are choppy dropping as low as 40/50. Input delay! Input delay is almost unbearable, to the point I’ve just stopped playing. I’m done with these half finnished untested games thrown out for full price while we all test the game and point out bugs and issues. I tried playing this on a standard Xbox one for the banter, and well it’s like trying to play a 2019 realease on a old Xbox 360, stutters, glitches, low frames, worse input lag, unplayable! DONT DONT BUY THIS GAME. Wait for it to become on sale, and updates to fix stability. Expand
  45. Sep 14, 2019
    Yeah we know it's Borderlands, but there is a few additions to keep it interesting like the pet companions. Graphics look sweet on a 65" 4K,
    it's standard affair, you know exactly how the game play will be and that's not a bad thing by the way. No issues that would cause noticeable points deduction.
  46. Sep 15, 2019
    This game has very cool looking characters. Everything else is outdated to say the least. Mediocre graphic, same gameplay that was 7 years ago, very bad jokes. But it is a question of taste. What makes me mad is the technical condition this game was released. It is just unaceptible. 5000 signs is not enought to describe all of the gliches and technical flaws this game has
  47. Sep 20, 2019
    Do not buy this game if you have any wish to play splitscreen. It becomes unbearable when either player is in the menu, stutters, crashes, enemy teleportation, etc. Please please please, take it from me, be patient and wait for Gearbox to finish DEVELOPING the damn game. Because they couldn't do that pre release apparently. No announced fixes or timeline either. But they had the time toDo not buy this game if you have any wish to play splitscreen. It becomes unbearable when either player is in the menu, stutters, crashes, enemy teleportation, etc. Please please please, take it from me, be patient and wait for Gearbox to finish DEVELOPING the damn game. Because they couldn't do that pre release apparently. No announced fixes or timeline either. But they had the time to nerf Legendary drop rates?

Shows where the priorities lie, and it isn't on the player experience.
  48. Sep 15, 2019
    Great game, great graphics and classic borderlands gameplay. Yes, it has some issues like framerate dropping, menu lag and brightness, bit nothing game breaking. Nothing that cant be fixed in an update i think.
  49. Sep 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game, I just love it! The story line is absolutely wonderful.This game truly delivers. Expand
  50. Sep 23, 2019
    Gameplay has been hampered a little by how dark the game is in certain areas but otherwise enjoyable.
    By far the biggest issue is the lame storyline. The Calypso twins are incredibly annoying.
    I was hoping for a Borderlands 2 expansion pack style game but I understand the need to modernise but it's not worked, for me, and for that reason I give it a lowly 5 stars. Let's hope they get a
    Let's hope they get a decent set of writers in for the DLC.
  51. Sep 13, 2019
    An improvement over the last games. Bigger, better, more guns, a more polished experience.
  52. Sep 13, 2019
    It's pathetic all the "No Steam No Buy" multi accounts are trying to trash this great game. Playing it on my OG Xbox One and have no performance issues. Great game from a great franchise. It's gonna be a great long haul playing this game.
  53. Sep 13, 2019
    Great game so far, if you liked previous Borderlands games, you will most likely enjoy Borderlands 3 as well. Don't go in expecting revolutionary changes, because revolutionary changes weren't necessary, Gearbox pretty much already had the formula nailed with Borderlands 2. Instead Borderlands 3 is an evolutionary game, Gearbox took Borderlands 2's successful formula and improved upon inGreat game so far, if you liked previous Borderlands games, you will most likely enjoy Borderlands 3 as well. Don't go in expecting revolutionary changes, because revolutionary changes weren't necessary, Gearbox pretty much already had the formula nailed with Borderlands 2. Instead Borderlands 3 is an evolutionary game, Gearbox took Borderlands 2's successful formula and improved upon in numerous ways.There are about a dozen quality of life improvements compared to earlier games in the series, such as the ability to fast travel anywhere, including back to your vehicle, mantling and sliding, and quest cycling without going into the menus. Gunplay is improved, there is more cool loot than ever before, the story seems good so far, the humor is still on point. My only issue is that the standard Xbox version is a bit laggy in the menus, and there are alot of aliasing artifacts, which isn't ideal for a game with cell-shaded graphics. Expand
  54. Sep 13, 2019
    So far, it is way better than I expected. Dont pay attention to the bad user scores, just because the PC MASTARACE cant buy it on Steam... Pc gamers are just a cancer to the industry anyway. Great shooting, great loot, great humour, great game! 9/10
  55. Sep 13, 2019
    Anyone giving this game anything below an 7 just has an axe to grind. The review bombs are coming from PC players angry about the Epic exclusivity or those critical of Gearbox/2k/etc. Pay them no attention. Fans of Borderlands will love it. The franchise is updated and streamlined. Gameplay is improved in every way and the story is top notch.
  56. Sep 13, 2019
    I literally made a metacritic account for this because the 0/10 “reviews” irked me so much. I’m by no means a borderlands mega fan, but I have put around 40 hours into each of the other ones. First off, this game does combat so much better than 2 does, all the little changes and nuances they added make a far bigger difference than people make it out to be, and the combat is my favoriteI literally made a metacritic account for this because the 0/10 “reviews” irked me so much. I’m by no means a borderlands mega fan, but I have put around 40 hours into each of the other ones. First off, this game does combat so much better than 2 does, all the little changes and nuances they added make a far bigger difference than people make it out to be, and the combat is my favorite aspect of this game by far.

The story is decent, personally I preferred tales from the borderlands in regards to what did it best, but the story here isn’t bad, not great either. The antagonists just don’t really get my attention that well.

The vault hunters are all fantastic, there is so much more you can do in regards to making unique builds and play styles that it’s on a whole other level compared to BL2, spectacularly done, and the vault hunters themselves are all very likable thankfully as they are much more vocal in this game.

Here are my issues:
    The humor is very hit or miss, sometimes a joke is cracked that legitimately gets a chuckle from me (usually ones made by the player characters), but several other ones rely on half-baked toilet humor or just gags that simply aren’t funny.

Vertical split screen. Cmon gearbox, you know people wanted that instead of the split screen we got.

FPS: it’s not often, but it does dip occasionally, especially when playing split screen or during high action areas, usually it’s not overly bad though, and the game allows you to tweak graphics a bit to favor FPS boosting.

Seriously, people need to stop whining so much and review bombing the game itself. I don’t care about what controversies randy pitchford has, or about the epic games store. Review this game fairly instead of giving it 0/10 for 1 fault when it does so much right.
  57. Sep 13, 2019
    Amazing! My favorite borderlands tbh. Bought the superdeluxe edition will be 100% game.
  58. Sep 13, 2019
    I’ve played the game and I absolutely love the direction they went with the series. The quality of life improvements such as no longer having to turn in missions manually, using left/right d-pad to switch between missions on the go, moving faster when in FFYL, and adding 57x more loot! Literally. The only reason I give it a nine is because there are a few “immersion breaks” in and out ofI’ve played the game and I absolutely love the direction they went with the series. The quality of life improvements such as no longer having to turn in missions manually, using left/right d-pad to switch between missions on the go, moving faster when in FFYL, and adding 57x more loot! Literally. The only reason I give it a nine is because there are a few “immersion breaks” in and out of map and the skag death noises are ear piercing, lol. Expand
  59. Sep 13, 2019
    Great game. The next step up from BL2. Glad to be playing and have had no problems with the game so far. Will enjoy many hours of gameplay and the loot is fantastic. A must play.
  60. Sep 13, 2019
    If you enjoyed Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2 you will enjoy Borderlands 3 everyone that's giving this a bad rating is either mad because Borderlands 3 didn't reinvent the wheel which it doesn't need to or because the game at launch is laggy which will be patched out. Other than that it is a great sequel for Borderlands it has great gameplay it has good movement it essentially is a betterIf you enjoyed Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2 you will enjoy Borderlands 3 everyone that's giving this a bad rating is either mad because Borderlands 3 didn't reinvent the wheel which it doesn't need to or because the game at launch is laggy which will be patched out. Other than that it is a great sequel for Borderlands it has great gameplay it has good movement it essentially is a better running Borderlands and that is all the community wanted so if you did not enjoy Borderlands 1 and 2 don't get Borderlands 3 and then give it a bad review cuz you were expecting something new if you enjoy Borderlands get this game it is wonderful ignore the haters that are mad because it's either lagging because the comedy offends them or because it's just more Borderlands which once again is what the fan base wanted Expand
  61. Sep 13, 2019
    I bought this game specifically to play with my spouse, yet the current version is completly unplayable in local coop mode.
    The game forces you into top and bottom (horizontal) split with no option for side to side (vertical) split. This makes it nearly impossible to see the game.
    I would have not bought this game had I known the devs would deviate from the previous games. I cannot comment
    I cannot comment on performance or lag issues since we never got past the beginning claptrap scene due to extreme eye strain. X-Box One
  62. Sep 14, 2019
    Va mucho más allá de borderlands 2.
    6 planetas muy diferentes entre sí.
    30 horas aproximadamente en la primera vuelta sólo pasando campaña.
    Sin contar con 20 horas o más de exploración y misiones secundarias.
    Sin fin de diferentes armas.
    Segunda vuelta con más niveles y mejor equipamiento.
    En fin un juego que mínimo te llevará 100 horas pasarlo y con mucha diversion
  63. Sep 13, 2019
    Improves upon the same formula that the Borderlands series is known for by adding quality of life improvements, new mobility options, and a new looting system that allows players to join friends without being too high or low a level.
  64. Sep 13, 2019
    Very fun game. Playing it single player and having a great time so far. Lots of explosions and guns with tons of monsters and amazing graphics on PC. Also, the humor is great and it's a really funny game. The game is really colorful and full of life.
  65. Sep 15, 2019
    It is absolutely blowing my mind that so many people are knocking the game because "it's so similar to previous borderlands games!" Lol well no joke! That is exactly what the majority of us wanted. The same formula with brand new locations and characters to explore with. Yeah it's a real shame they disnt take the wolfenstein approach and completely change everything up. We see how goodIt is absolutely blowing my mind that so many people are knocking the game because "it's so similar to previous borderlands games!" Lol well no joke! That is exactly what the majority of us wanted. The same formula with brand new locations and characters to explore with. Yeah it's a real shame they disnt take the wolfenstein approach and completely change everything up. We see how good that made the newest game. A few technical hiccups, but so far I have loved every bit of my 20+ hours! Expand
  66. Sep 13, 2019
    The Xbox One X version of this game is straight trash can't even stand to play it the visuals are trash everything about this game on the Xbox side of thing that's trash play so much better on the PS4 Pro and I cannot figure out why
  67. Sep 13, 2019
    I’ve put in about 15 hours so far, and it’s very satisfying so far. The gameplay feels as smooth as ever, gunplay is fun, new classes are great. Bigger and better in most ways that I’d care about (more customization, more guns, more to explore and random bounties etc, more to do in general). Jokes are hit and miss, as they always have been in my opinion. Villains aren’t Handsome Jack, butI’ve put in about 15 hours so far, and it’s very satisfying so far. The gameplay feels as smooth as ever, gunplay is fun, new classes are great. Bigger and better in most ways that I’d care about (more customization, more guns, more to explore and random bounties etc, more to do in general). Jokes are hit and miss, as they always have been in my opinion. Villains aren’t Handsome Jack, but serviceable. It loses a point for its technical shortcomings. Game has frame rate drops here and there, and menu lag is significant especially in split screen. Hopefully these concerns get patched, otherwise a worthy successor that borderlands fans will love. Expand
  68. Sep 14, 2019
    12 hours in and it's been great. Few stutters in frame rate every so often but nothing game breaking. Menus are a little clunky but the game play is great. I don't play split screen so don't know why that's such an issue for some people.
  69. Sep 14, 2019
    The game is fantastic. Its another great borderlands game which we all love. I won't get too in depth with the details which are obvious from this series. It seems at launch its suffering, apparently from technical issues. I've had no issues even running on resolution mode on the xbox one x. It met and exceeded my expectations . This one in my opinion is a must have for borderlands fans.
  70. Sep 15, 2019
    This game is by far superior to previous entries in the series and I have only found one flaw in my many hours of playing the game since launch. And that's with the single enemy type known as the NOG's, they're just cheap and not fun enemies to fight, I usually skip them.
  71. Sep 13, 2019
  72. Sep 13, 2019
    borderlands 3 is a borderlands game but that’s not a bad thing. They have made it bigger more guns and soooo many quality of life changes. The performance mode on the Xbox one x definitely feels so much better then the resolution option and I own a 4k tv but I’d rather play this smooth. If you loved borderlands 1 and 2 you will love this game. If you didn’t like those I don’t think thisborderlands 3 is a borderlands game but that’s not a bad thing. They have made it bigger more guns and soooo many quality of life changes. The performance mode on the Xbox one x definitely feels so much better then the resolution option and I own a 4k tv but I’d rather play this smooth. If you loved borderlands 1 and 2 you will love this game. If you didn’t like those I don’t think this will change your mind. The humor is funny as hell for the people complaining about it don’t listen to them they just want clicks and I guess it is 2019 something always offends someone Expand
  73. Sep 14, 2019
    Don’t pay attention to these zero scores, they’re so stupid. This game is amazing and a lot of fun with friends.
  74. Sep 14, 2019
    I was very skeptical of this game and how it would be but they have done a great job! I live flak and the skill trees for the characters. If you liked BL2 you will love this one.
  75. Sep 13, 2019
    This game is AMAZING in my opinion like borderlands 2 but WAYYY BETTER WHY ARE PROPLE GIVING IT BAD REVIEWS
  76. Sep 13, 2019
    HUGE fan of the series and this one is terrible, save your money and wait for it to be inclded FREE in the Xbox game pass.
  77. Sep 13, 2019
    Controversy aside, the game itself is very good. Most of the negative reviews are because of the controversy regarding Gearbox sending police to a YouTuber's house and the EpicGame store exclusivity.

Other than that, this is a perfectly crafted game and is undoubtedly the current Apex of the shoot and loot genre. Definitely worth $60 and more. I'd personally pay $200 to play this game.
  78. Sep 14, 2019
    I spent undreds of hours playing Borderlands 2 couch co-op with my wife. Its the reason I was so excited for this game. Unfortunately it's nearly unplayable in Borderlands 3. The lag is terrible, navigating menus is unbearable and the lack of vertical split screen is a bummer. I couldn't swing it this time, but I am the kind of person who takes major game launches off of work because I'mI spent undreds of hours playing Borderlands 2 couch co-op with my wife. Its the reason I was so excited for this game. Unfortunately it's nearly unplayable in Borderlands 3. The lag is terrible, navigating menus is unbearable and the lack of vertical split screen is a bummer. I couldn't swing it this time, but I am the kind of person who takes major game launches off of work because I'm so excited to play but in this case we turned it off and were surfing the internet instead by 8:30pm on launch day. I am going to finish it and hope for the best b u t at this point I dont see any reason I would ever want to replay this game. Expand
  79. Sep 13, 2019
    For everyone rating it badly, they genuinely have no idea what they're doing. This game is definitely worth a 9, the only thing holding it back are the antagonists. Other than that the game is damn near perfect for a sequel much like Borderlands 2 was. If you wanted more Borderlands after 1, 2 did an amazing job. If you want more Borderlands after 2, 3 is going to do an absolutely stellarFor everyone rating it badly, they genuinely have no idea what they're doing. This game is definitely worth a 9, the only thing holding it back are the antagonists. Other than that the game is damn near perfect for a sequel much like Borderlands 2 was. If you wanted more Borderlands after 1, 2 did an amazing job. If you want more Borderlands after 2, 3 is going to do an absolutely stellar job. Love the game, it's amazing. Gunplay, Weapon Variety, and the updated movement system makes it feel modern and crisp. Which is all Borderlands ever needed to be great. Expand
  80. Sep 13, 2019
    This game is amazing. Sure it's not perfect but there aren't that many games that are. Just like the first two this one has a lot of replay value. Looks and feels great too.
  81. Sep 13, 2019
    The game is just dope!
    Amazing music's graphics gameplay. Everything is top. Gearbox have gone on another level and they deserve every cent. Don't want to spoil anything just buy and have a blast
    Played on xbox x
  82. Sep 13, 2019
    love Borderlands 3...what the hell are people whining about...it never ends...unsatisfied with everything...
  83. Sep 15, 2019
    Do not purchase this game until patches come out and price goes down. It was rushed out the door and it is not worth $60 in its current state.
  84. Sep 14, 2019
    The game is actually a 9. But I had to give it a 10 because people are ACTUALLY rating it a 0-5 because, and I quote "No vertical splitscreen". Wow. Bunch of disingenuous babies. ANYWAY, I get it's not for everyone. If you played from 1->2 you know what kind of upgrades to expect, and what to expect in general. It's very fun. And exactly what you want. 9/10.
  85. Sep 14, 2019
    So I had several hours of gameplay behind me. Level 20, still not finished. The game is basically Borderlands. If you liked Borderlands 1, 2 or Pre- Sequel, you will enjoy this one.
    Yes, there is not a lot of major graphical improvement but then again, it has its artstyle. The gunplay feels sooooo much better then in older games. More fluid I guess?.
    The leveling system is also
    The leveling system is also interesting. Instead of having one action skill, you can choose from 3 and switched them when you wanted. While playing FL4K I also have option to change my pet companion whenever I wanted so there is a lot of custom playstyle for each character.
    The characters are good so far. As for the vilains, you will either like them or hate them. I myself enjoy them.
    As for humor, I'd say its subjective thing. Its the same level as older games.
    Vehicle driving, honestly its just as meh as old games. Nothing bad but nothing great.
    Performance wise there are some bugs like shadows dissappearing from distance. A bit of lag while opening menu and switching. Had one freeze and one time a quest sorta glitched (item went down the floor) so take it how you want.
    Also haven't tested online or couch co-op. It seems there are some issue with it, can't say personnaly. If there is a lag issue and frame rate, then yeah, that is a problem. Again, take it how you want.

Overall its a Borderlands game. Is it wort it full price? Depends on you. If you want Borderlands game and been waiting all this time then sure. But if you're not so much into, maybe wait for a price drop.
  86. Sep 14, 2019
    Not good on every level.
    This game has so many problems. The corporation has so many problems. The publisher is even worse. Don't buy this game.
  87. Sep 14, 2019
    i just like to add to everyone that wrote 0 score reviews that there are ""NO Microtransactions""in the game. i only had problems once or twice because the game crashed my xbox one x
  88. Sep 13, 2019
    Mega flop pour Gearbox qui a tenter de faire comme d'autre jeu et ce payer des reviewers comme IGN et Gamespot . Quand tu es rendu que ta besoin de payer pour vendre ton jeu . Ca regarde mal . Pour moi ce jeu est une veritable honte avec toute ses microtransaction et autre . histoire a la ramasse . Gameplay plus lent que les autres . Personnages totalement inintéressant . Des jokesMega flop pour Gearbox qui a tenter de faire comme d'autre jeu et ce payer des reviewers comme IGN et Gamespot . Quand tu es rendu que ta besoin de payer pour vendre ton jeu . Ca regarde mal . Pour moi ce jeu est une veritable honte avec toute ses microtransaction et autre . histoire a la ramasse . Gameplay plus lent que les autres . Personnages totalement inintéressant . Des jokes absurbes . Meme l'histoire est moche ...... Expand
  89. Sep 14, 2019
    Game is amazing!!! Don't listen to this reviewers trying to review bomb this game. I have had 0 issues on my xbox one x. No frame drop issues with the game. It is a huge upgrade over boaderlands 2 and would recommend to anyone.
  90. Sep 14, 2019
    After two days of hard 10 hours play session. Which i took time off for. there cloud save corrupted losing all of my progess and character. Trying to forcing me to restart.
  91. Sep 14, 2019
    Amazing, just that i have to say, have some bugs and all but, still amazing a perfect add to the franchise
  92. Sep 17, 2019
    **** game, trash mechanics, terrible framsdrops, garbage guns, cant level up fast enough.
  93. Sep 14, 2019
    Gearbox: "hey we made a great game to keep the Borderlands series going! Just don't worry about the lag in split screen, the tiny unreadable text, the bugs, the glitches, the crashes... Besides all that it's a great game"
  94. Sep 16, 2019
    I can't believe that they ruined the borderlands franchise like this :( Terrible writing, terrible graphics, terrible gameplay... it doesn't feel like they tried at all, it fells like a halfassed version of BL2 instead of a proper sequel :(
  95. Sep 14, 2019
    The only reason I give this a 9 is because the vehicle handling is a bit weird and the menus are laggy, but that in no way ruins the experience for me. The new mission types are unique and interesting. The guns feel great and there is a wide variety of different weapon styles so pretty much every gun feels different from another. Also the new skill trees are really cool with a lot ofThe only reason I give this a 9 is because the vehicle handling is a bit weird and the menus are laggy, but that in no way ruins the experience for me. The new mission types are unique and interesting. The guns feel great and there is a wide variety of different weapon styles so pretty much every gun feels different from another. Also the new skill trees are really cool with a lot of different options for builds and specialization. Th graphics are much better than the previous installments. This would be a ten if the vehicles weren't as finicky and the menus weren't as glitchy. This is a great solo game. Expand
  96. Sep 15, 2019
    Quedas de fps, mal otimizado, bug e até perda de save
    quando vão aprender a parar de defender algo ruim? o jogo foi manipulado nas reviews e a desenvolvedora incompetente não consegue fazer o jogo rodar decente no console mais poderoso do mundo? é uma piada, com gráficos desse
  97. Sep 14, 2019
    Amazing Game! Stunning graphics that improves on the previous Borderlands games. Being a fan of the first 2 and Pre Sequel I am really enjoying this game.
  98. Sep 16, 2019
    This is borderlands 2.5 for some They are OK with that I thought this game would be more substantial. The story was absolutely terrible it was way to woke they went way overboard on the bad ass female npc. This game Kinda sucked compared to borderlands 2.
  99. Sep 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolute brill game!! Loved every minute of playing it and i have been non stop. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to anyone who has played the previous games and want to enjoy a HUGE step up in overall quality, style and overall gameplay. Expand
  100. Sep 14, 2019
    While maintaining that classic Borderlands charm, BL3 adds enough new content and fun to warrant this a top score from me. This game is being reviewed bombed. Take the game at face value and throw out the controversies, this game is worth your time!

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Oct 13, 2019
    Borderlands 3 may not be clever, but it is very big – and above all else, the source of a vast well of over-the-top shooting fun and mayhem. Be thankful that Gearbox refused to reinvent the franchise just for the sake of it. [Issue#183, p.73]
  2. Oct 10, 2019
    Rather than trying to latch on to current trends, Borderlands 3 stands confident in the fact that there’s still no other game that does exactly what this series does so well. The sheer creativity and inventiveness presented in its arsenal is hard to match, and while the humor may not be for everyone, it keeps the gameplay in perspective as we’re all just here to have a good time. It isn’t as big of a leap forward as Borderlands 2, but it’s well-refined and there’s a lot to experiment with to keep you coming back for more.
  3. Oct 9, 2019
    It delivers on its promise and then some, and if you’re someone who enjoys playing video games alone or with friends, and likes having fun whilst doing so, in that respect, Borderlands 3 is perfect.