5.5

1. Nov 3, 2014
    Wow, What a poor game. First, i base my review on the fact that i buy games for multiplayer and its 70% of my game score. So im giving the campaign the "benefit of the doubt". As far as multiplayer goes, its a sad game with nothing interesting or innovative to be found. For a brand as big as COD, you would expect them to set the standard, not regurgitate stuff from other games and stillWow, What a poor game. First, i base my review on the fact that i buy games for multiplayer and its 70% of my game score. So im giving the campaign the "benefit of the doubt". As far as multiplayer goes, its a sad game with nothing interesting or innovative to be found. For a brand as big as COD, you would expect them to set the standard, not regurgitate stuff from other games and still only do it half-assed. This franchise has been clown shoes for the past 3 offerings. And not that great before then save MW 2 and WAW. For a "next gen" offering, its even more of a tragedy. Graphics are fairly vivid but lack any dimension or atmosphere. Sound is ok, but after hearing Battlefield or Destiny, they seem a bit bland. You just expect more from a "AAA" title. Gameplay is not nearly as fluid as past offerings and the EXO suit is more of an annoyance than anything. Others have done it far better (Titanfall, Killzone, Crysis, Destiny {jump mechanics}). But by far the most horrible part of this abortion, is the fanbase. Listening to the **** that falls out of these kids' mouths can be mildly entertaining for about 3 min. Then, its annoying and becomes a symbol of the idiocy and feeblemindedness of the **** that allow this kind of game to be made. I assure you, anyone that has rated this game higher than a 6, has the I.Q. Of a chimp with downs syndrome. Sledgehammer need to pack it up, they have brought nothing new to the table. The fact that this franchise continues to keep feeding it fan-base the same floppy dick, and the fact that they keep gobbling it up, is a testament to the stupidity of mankind. Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2014
    I only gave it a 4 because at least it is a playable game. Call of duty has failed yet again to ADVANCE their warfare past call of duty 4:modern warfare. it has the same exact feel in running, shooting, and now they have stolen many elements from a close competitor: titanfall.
  3. Nov 3, 2014
    Short campaign. We beat it in 4 hours. Mediocre multiplayer. Seems like the creator of these games has stopped caring or something. Please put more effort into the next game. This isn't worth $60. Give to charity instead.
  4. AKR
    Nov 3, 2014
    there is no invention or art in this game ... and if you played any call of duty game in the passed 5 years you played them all , maybe if the developers take more time than they already did or stared working in a new IP
    they may come up with something Special and innovated.
  5. Nov 3, 2014
    The multiplayer is horrible. All guns are reskins from ghosts. Maps are generic looking. The boost jumping ruins the flow of play. Terrible spawns, lag and time to kill. Just bad bad bad.
  6. Dec 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. worse game in the series (and that's not including ghost its just that bad that it should not be counted)
    ok so this game is really not that good and i cant really find one pro with it so here are all my cons
    - story i mean this is awful all it is guy goes bad you then have to shoot all bad guys next big explosions then set off some type of nuke (DNA bomb) and thats it just paper thin plot with no depth
    -game play know you may like the new double jump stuff but i hate, its really annoying and makes fire fights a lot more boring/longer i mean when you play MP and your with noobs and all they do is double jump around or double jump on to roofs makes for one boring MP worse in the seires
    -co-op mode know i love my zombies mode from WAW and BO1 but they take survival mode from MW3 why its so boring then you have to beat 200 or 250 waves of that crap to unlock a 4 minute zombie wave which is really boring there more like muntants
    but i could go on and on but i dont want to bore you with this boring game if you want a good cod to play go back to BO1 or before that thats when cod had its last glory days and for every one rating this game a ten WHAT ARE YOU ON?
  7. Nov 21, 2014
    COD claims it to be the biggest innovation since COD4. BS. Doesn't anyone remember those words for Black Ops 2 and Ghosts? COD 4 brought something completely new to the game industry and changed the entire feel of COD. Advanced Warfare however steals from Halo, Crysis, and a few others you can think of while not creatively changing the COD feel but rather preserving it and its outdatedCOD claims it to be the biggest innovation since COD4. BS. Doesn't anyone remember those words for Black Ops 2 and Ghosts? COD 4 brought something completely new to the game industry and changed the entire feel of COD. Advanced Warfare however steals from Halo, Crysis, and a few others you can think of while not creatively changing the COD feel but rather preserving it and its outdated feel. They have taken the easy way yet again and didn't change much of what they didn't steal from other games.

The game is designed for new players and constantly offensive players. The latency, spawns, and endless flanks all narrow the skill gap, meaning performance is much less dependant on player skill. How can it be if any player can be instantly killed from even the most bad players, and excess flanks that create bad spawns allows for easy flanking from multiple paths, ensuring that no matter your skill level that you can still win by catching your opponents off guard a lot of the time, then getting flanked yourself by a bad nearby spawner. Then, spawn right around a corner from another player, attack from one of the many flanks, die by a flanker, repeat. There is no focus on 1 v 1 confrontations. It plays like an arena, with players taking turns flanking each other, which doesn't take much skill at all.

The game, from map design to weapons, perk system etc, is made for rushing flankers. Try another play style, and you'd be at a major disadvantage. The multiplayer is too fast paced and chaotic and doesn't support better standard paced strategies.

As a defensive kind of player who likes to see the outcome of most battles largely based on player skill ; not latency, spawns, flanks, etc, and demands complete changes to the feel of the game and not stolen ideas, I am once again disappointed.
  8. Mar 3, 2015
    Multiplayer -
    Multiplayer -
    Extremely fast paced and not in a good way. Time to kill is low, hardly any recoil on weapons and the ability to move around the map at a fast pace that is further increased with exo movement. This would all be fine but the spawns and maps don't compliment it. Dying 5 seconds after you re-spawn is likely. Most map layouts are very circular making strategy games like S&D just rush and flank faster than the other team. Hard core mode (personal favorite from previous cods) can be extremely frustrating with every position having 4-5 possible flank and a spray from the double jumped dodging enemy killing you from behind. Playing as a team is nearly impossible with the lack of choke points as an enemy can get behind you in a dozen different ways. This is a run in gun game to the extreme if that's your thing this will be a good fit. If you are about strategy or outplaying the enemy I recommend passing this up.
  9. Apr 1, 2015
    The exo suits they include in the game ruin what was a previously fun multiplayer (ghosts aside). The game is extremely chaotic - you're constantly getting killed from the sides and behind because everyone moves so fast. There's no map control or rewards for good positioning. The game is just who has the better reactions.
  10. Jul 3, 2015
    I hate to say this but this is probably the worst game I've played in my entire life. I bought the game the day it hit the shelves and sold it two months later. Terrible lag. It tries to live up to its title "Advanced warfare" by adding exo suits but all exo suits are is unadvanced, stupid, and an easy way for others to kill you. Don't buy this game! It sucks!
  11. May 1, 2015
    Wow call of duty did it again, had all the potential in the world and totally crashes it. This game is BORING, no doubt about it. I was only interested in the cut scenes more then the actual game play, that was "worked so hard on." Yet I will give it credit I liked it more then ghosts but that does not mean that this is a good game. Short campaign and the multi-player makes me never wantWow call of duty did it again, had all the potential in the world and totally crashes it. This game is BORING, no doubt about it. I was only interested in the cut scenes more then the actual game play, that was "worked so hard on." Yet I will give it credit I liked it more then ghosts but that does not mean that this is a good game. Short campaign and the multi-player makes me never want to play online EVER again.

The campaign is some what good but the game play by itself is SO boring that I can hardly explain it. Basically bullets, face and BAM. There's not really any challenge in the game what so ever, even when you are on the hardest mode. I don't know who the heck made the campaign, but it is not realistic at all. Nobody would just attack America right out of the blue, not to mention that he said that at the United Nations. I'm just going to spoil the game for you because it is not worth going through the hour of story. The graphics (Chuckles) nobody cares about graphics unless you are a 15 year old fan boy.

The multi player is nearly tiresome, the game play is junk, the severs are as solid as wet bread, and you guessed it more of the squeaky 10 year old little idiots that are yelling to their mom to get more chocolate milk and skittles. Campers, quick scopers you get the picture. But I don't know how they screwed up the spawn points SO badly. I can not even spawn because I get killed because there are 2 spawn points. 2! That's it? I don't know how you screw it up so badly the makers of call of duty but you do it every time.

I'm not even going to count the survival crap as another part of the game because it is a BIG waste of time, and you don't even get anything out of it.

Overall the game is not even worth 5 dollars, if Xbox gave this game away for free then I would say go for it. But other than that this game is not worth to play at all just another cash grab that the makers of call of duty want to make more of those shiny graphics that are apparently so freaking important. But in my opinion it is just a rip off of titan fall, basically almost everything in here is just a rip off of titan fall. Whoever says it isn't is just in denial cause they know. HEY SHUT UP COD FAN BOYS! This IS a rip off of titan fall get over it. But I guess I will end in a good note because I sad I liked it better then Ghosts. So there's that.

Overall score: 25/100
  12. Dec 22, 2014
    This game(if you can call it that) is rubbish. Coming away from Far Cry 4 to this is a total descent to the pits. Did the Sledgehammer think that by making Kevin Spacey their man that it would make the gameplay better? Didnt work. Back to the store you go.
  13. Dec 7, 2014
    This is a fun game, much better than ghosts. Single player is decent, enjoyable enough. Multiplayer is fun, but not great. I have 2 big issues. There is no "innovation" in this game. The parkour mechanics are all ripped right out of titan fall and other parkour style games, except done worse. Where titanfall is fluid, AW is rough. Climbing animations are glitchy, sliding is choppy, notThis is a fun game, much better than ghosts. Single player is decent, enjoyable enough. Multiplayer is fun, but not great. I have 2 big issues. There is no "innovation" in this game. The parkour mechanics are all ripped right out of titan fall and other parkour style games, except done worse. Where titanfall is fluid, AW is rough. Climbing animations are glitchy, sliding is choppy, not well animated at all. Plus unlike Titanfall, maps are mostly too small to make proper use of parkour vantage points and abilities. My second issue is the same that i had with ghosts: they might as well add only 2 weapon categories to this game's multiplayer: SMGs and Assault rifles. Why use a sniper when you will get blown away by an AR that has the same range, accuracy, and fires far faster. Why use a shotgun when your gonna get beaten 9/10 times by smg users that kill you up close. Why even include these specialized guns when more generic weapons are better in every way. Just about every player uses one of those two gun types (smg, ar) and the person who wins ALWAYS does. You might as well just save time and money by just including one gun called "generic rifle". It wouldnt change multiplayer one bit. rant over Expand
  14. Jun 24, 2015
    This is the worst COD ever created. The means of vertical movement make it unplayable and silly. It is a game for children that want to hop around all day long but for someone with a better idea of tactic or gameplay this is not for you
  15. Nov 27, 2014
    This game is generally garbage. The multiplayer is extremely unbalanced, mainly because of the gun balance. The lag is horrendous and skill based matchmaking is stupid. The exo suits were a good idea but just end up being stupid and making this game not call of duty. the maps are also awful, and everything is generally uninteresting. the campaign gameplay is kinda boring and the story isThis game is generally garbage. The multiplayer is extremely unbalanced, mainly because of the gun balance. The lag is horrendous and skill based matchmaking is stupid. The exo suits were a good idea but just end up being stupid and making this game not call of duty. the maps are also awful, and everything is generally uninteresting. the campaign gameplay is kinda boring and the story is predictable. kevin space's performance was good though. and survival is just another failed attempt to rival zombies in a 3rd game mode. Expand
  16. Nov 19, 2014
    Why fix something not broke? Me and my wife love the COD series and have been playing them for around 10 years now. This is by far the worst to us. If we wanted to fly around and shot people we would have purchased Halo. The strategy part of COD multi-player is no where to be found. The maps are all short and with players being able to fly over building and stuff. You are contently beingWhy fix something not broke? Me and my wife love the COD series and have been playing them for around 10 years now. This is by far the worst to us. If we wanted to fly around and shot people we would have purchased Halo. The strategy part of COD multi-player is no where to be found. The maps are all short and with players being able to fly over building and stuff. You are contently being shot from all angles. Looks like I will be looking for a new series that decides to pick up where the old COD left off. Exoskeleton was a terrible idea for true COD fans. Expand
  17. Nov 26, 2014
    Shocked and disappointed how poor it is. I've had every COD since MW, and its normally my 'main' game for the year. I usually prestige 3-4 times on multiplayer before my attention wanes, but this just felt lame. The multiplayer maps were very poorly designed - lots of open spaces with no cover, spawn killings (WTF! thought this was a thing of the past!) and massive OUT OF BOUND messages -Shocked and disappointed how poor it is. I've had every COD since MW, and its normally my 'main' game for the year. I usually prestige 3-4 times on multiplayer before my attention wanes, but this just felt lame. The multiplayer maps were very poorly designed - lots of open spaces with no cover, spawn killings (WTF! thought this was a thing of the past!) and massive OUT OF BOUND messages - completely breaking the immersion, and such lazy design. I put in 20hours into multiplayer then traded it in, luckily only lost £2, but I notice the second hand price has plummeted since, so I'm guessing lots of other people had the same idea. Put it this way, Playing this made me appreciate TitanFall all the more. Expand
  18. Dec 2, 2014
    Take out the titans and the maps from titanfall then dump a steaming pile of Activision's sh*t on It. that is what advanced warfare is. The only reason this game isn't 0 is because of it's innovative fish AI.
  19. Jul 23, 2015
    I base games not off campaign but the multiplayer. The campaign is visually stunning and that's about it the weapons do not feel the same in the multiplayer and the elite weapons like the speakeasy do all the work so that's why people are good. I played a guy who was level one with a speakeasy and I am prestige 7 he dropped a DNA bomb in his first game. Plus if you are a COD fan then youI base games not off campaign but the multiplayer. The campaign is visually stunning and that's about it the weapons do not feel the same in the multiplayer and the elite weapons like the speakeasy do all the work so that's why people are good. I played a guy who was level one with a speakeasy and I am prestige 7 he dropped a DNA bomb in his first game. Plus if you are a COD fan then you will find these guns way to overpowered. The EXO Zombies completely spins off black ops the celebrity characters is and awful idea. Sledgehammer Games did a awesome job on MW3 and since they tried to save the series after ghosts they made it worst ghosts is way better on every level. Save your money for black ops 3 treyarch never dissapoints Expand
  20. Jun 29, 2015
    Please don't buy this garbage I'd rather get genital herpes than play this broken game it's literally that bad. Advanced Warfare is literally the worst thing to happen to my **** life. It's really bad.
  21. Jul 5, 2015
    It's **** Utter bollocks. My ass can innovate more than this. The achievements were easy tho. Stop advancing, just **** go back to the Mw3 days **** sake.
  22. Jul 28, 2015
    Advanced Warfare has the worst multiplayer in the Call of Duty series, Sledgehammer and Activision should ask Tryarch for some tips on how to create a game worth playing.
  23. Aug 19, 2015
    I have played every cod, cod3, cod 4, cod 5, mw2,mw3, bo1, bo2, cod ghost and i can honestly say, AW is the worst one they have ever created. They charge you to play exo zombies which is crap, and the online is sh*t, kill streaks r so bad and you always get killed by behind, you hardly ever have fun on the game. I strongly disadvice someone thinking of getting this crap that will make uI have played every cod, cod3, cod 4, cod 5, mw2,mw3, bo1, bo2, cod ghost and i can honestly say, AW is the worst one they have ever created. They charge you to play exo zombies which is crap, and the online is sh*t, kill streaks r so bad and you always get killed by behind, you hardly ever have fun on the game. I strongly disadvice someone thinking of getting this crap that will make u rethink ur existence on this earth, wait for BO3 or just go back to old school. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2015
    This isn't Call of Duty. This is some terrible hybrid of Titanfall, Call of Duty and Halo. Save your money....or better yet, spend your money on any of the other Call of Duties.
  25. Nov 4, 2014
    aw has some errors

1) laggy controls (some times it just stops working for a moment) [ps4/rus] 2) graphics dont looks so great (just look at top console fps and see difference)(some top fps battlefield 4, titanfall, destiny) 3)weapon design is poor and half weapons just copied from ghosts (not best half imo) 4)on ps4 players machmaking just dont work, everytime 3-4 ppl in game have
    aw has some errors

1) laggy controls (some times it just stops working for a moment) [ps4/rus]
    4)on ps4 players machmaking just dont work, everytime 3-4 ppl in game have bad connection, teambalance not even exist

sad sad game
  26. Nov 12, 2014
    This is a review for the multiplayer mode. This is the worst game in the series. Lag is much more apparent this time around. The internal balance for the various weapon types is so uneven that it causes a game environment that allows only one viable play style. The series has been moving away from a game of multiple tactical choices to a game of just spazy run and gun...now with jetThis is a review for the multiplayer mode. This is the worst game in the series. Lag is much more apparent this time around. The internal balance for the various weapon types is so uneven that it causes a game environment that allows only one viable play style. The series has been moving away from a game of multiple tactical choices to a game of just spazy run and gun...now with jet packs. The Call of Duty franchise is a great one but this version is a let down. Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2014
    I rate this game by its online multiplayer. This is the worst call of duty game that I can remember playing. The game feels like your playing a 1990s stand up arcade game. The graphics are bad, this is supposed to be for the xbox one - they are laughably bad. The maps are small and the spawns are annoying; within playing for 10 seconds I moved to the next room and was shot in the back,I rate this game by its online multiplayer. This is the worst call of duty game that I can remember playing. The game feels like your playing a 1990s stand up arcade game. The graphics are bad, this is supposed to be for the xbox one - they are laughably bad. The maps are small and the spawns are annoying; within playing for 10 seconds I moved to the next room and was shot in the back, how enjoyable. The guns feel like your shooting a spring loaded pellet gun. I thought I would give it a shot to see if they could manage to get their sh*t together and produce another friends game magnet - but no this is the worst experience yet, a steady downfall to serious childish garbage. And for no other reason but to compare a shooter to a shooter Battlefield 4 is the next gen game not this degenerative piece of software. Expand
  28. Nov 15, 2014
    I honestly really want to enjoy this game. I've been a fan of the series for awhile now (unlike some of these idiots giving it zero who are clearly pure COD haters) and have enjoyed most of the titles to date (with the exception of Ghosts, which was terrible). I mainly play COD for multiplayer and still spend a decent amount of time playing Black Ops 2 (where I have a 2.5KDR after almostI honestly really want to enjoy this game. I've been a fan of the series for awhile now (unlike some of these idiots giving it zero who are clearly pure COD haters) and have enjoyed most of the titles to date (with the exception of Ghosts, which was terrible). I mainly play COD for multiplayer and still spend a decent amount of time playing Black Ops 2 (where I have a 2.5KDR after almost 80,000 kills) - so it really pains me to only give Advanced Warfare a 4/10.

The thing is the game *could* be brilliant. But in it's current form it's simply frustrating to try and play. Why? The main issue is the horrendous netcode. I know that Black Ops 2 sometimes has strange things going on with lag compensation, but Advanced Warfare takes it to a whole new level of being broken.

I've lost track of the number of games I've played now where the people who are dominating have 1 red bar and everyone else has a 'perfect' connection. The time to kill is stupidly low - you will frequently take 2 random shots from some guy lagging across the map and die without even seeing them. Or you try and 1v1 someone and empty a whole clip into them (hearing all the hit markers go off) only for them to somehow kill you and if you watch the kill cam you haven't hit them at all. There's other times when empty a whole clip at someone who is running or boost dodging in front of you and hit nothing but air despite what seems like perfect aim.

I think the real problem behind Advanced Warfare is that the gameplay is designed to be too quick for what the netcode in it's current form can handle. It's amusing to watch people jumping and boosting in stutters when you can tell it's meant to be fluid motion.

I'm holding out hope that Activision will actually honour their promise of dedicated servers and hopefully Sledgehammer will fix the netcode, or else I think a lot of people will be abandoning this ship soon.
  29. Nov 8, 2014
    Let me start off by saying that I have played every CoD since CoD 4 so I know what I'm talking about here.

This is without doubt the worst CoD game I have ever had the misfortune of playing (Only played a few hours of Ghost so can't give my opinion on that). Where the f*** do we start? Hmm.. Well, 50% of the time I'm dead within 5 seconds of my f***ing spawn due to some degenerate nerd hiding in the corner or spawning behind me AFTER I HAVE JUST SPAWNED!! The aiming is catered for noobs, I've lost count of the amount of times I have been sprayed across the map by an assault rifle with not one touch of recoil hahahahahahha, may as well be playing against 6 people using aimbots. Everyone f***ing jumps around like super mutant kangaroos with ADHD on steroids LOL!!!!! There are about 20 guns in the game, which is disgustingly pathetic and lazy, especially when compared to the amount on offer in Battlefield 4, and 80% of the guns are absolute s***. The graphics are just unacceptable for next gen, especially when compared to BF4, Destiny and Killzone. The maps are absolute garbage, everyone sits hiding on roofs and head glitching. The melee bulls*** is laughable it's that bad, one punch and your soldier is f***ing dead, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? So instead of using your gun TO SHOOT PEOPLE WITH, it's more effective to punch a soldier??? BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA, oh my f***ing word!!!!! So take all of these problems and then throw in the state of the CoD community (70% 14 year olds or younger, then the majority of the rest are obese nerds). All of this coming from someone who used to love CoD games, but now it's nothing but a disgusting, embarrassment of a community and a plethora of problems. I really am baffled as to how CoD has gotten this bad.

So to sum up, this game is a steaming pile of horse S*** 0/10. Thanks for reading.
  30. Nov 4, 2014
    This is the WORSE call of duty ever!!!!! One Word LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG!! the connection are horrid makes the game unplayable. want a great review of this game search for this guy The Assist Man on youtube and watch his videos he is on point with everything he says and called this game sucking months ago!
  31. Nov 5, 2014
    I gave this game a one mainly because of these reasons...
    1. The Lag
    2. The spawns
    3. The Speed reloading being broken
    4.No good semi auto pistols! (I love going pistol only)
    5. So hard to go on kill/score streaks
    6. Score streaks aren't worth what they cost.
    7. This game doesn't feel like a Call of Duty Game.
  32. Nov 5, 2014
    This game is laughable. You can now jump higher!!! Groundbreaking!!! No need to improve any of the following:

Graphics, same boring textures and lighting Animations, what is this Duke nukem? Nice knife animation guys, they must have spent hours working on that! Sound, I've heard better sound in indie games Amount of weapons, lets actually have less weapons! Map design, more

Graphics, same boring textures and lighting
    Sound, I've heard better sound in indie games
    Amount of weapons, lets actually have less weapons!
    Map design, more importantly spawn points, not to mention you cant blow up a dry erase board...lol
    Dedicated servers, billions of dollars and still nothing
    6 v 6, seriously what is this Halo on xbox? Talk about trash.
    You can jump higher! Revolutionary! Call of Duty is saved! lol

If you want a laughable experience or your'e five years old with zits, this is probably the game for you.
  33. Nov 5, 2014
    This movie is so bad it gave me cancer i have a fond obsession of murdering babies because of it the movie is called COD but has nothing to do with fish WTF advanced warfare is the worst movie of all time
  34. Nov 9, 2014
    Ghost was so bad i was thinking is not humanly possible to create and publish such a bad game again.
    boy i was wrong. Is not just bad on PC and not because of the cheaters on day 1, is also bad on every console! ps3 and xbox 360 suffers more then xbox one and ps4. Even do i dont see why? Is old game, a decade old engine...GTA V looks amazing and works amazing on those consoles. High end PC like mine run out of memory. mmm OK. internet wired 100/50mbps i lag and stutter every single match. Thank god Far cry 4 coming out in 10 days, and this BS of a game will be forgotten.

Dedicated servers coming? from where Oompa Loompa land?
  35. Nov 15, 2014
    I am a COD fanboi ... and having said that .... DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS GAME !!

CoD campaigns are never memorable, this ones no exception. Its linear and short. Its passable. For a game three years in development you would think Sledgehammer would have nailed the MP .... nope ... think again. Lag dominates every single game and bullets become ineffectual as a softly blown kiss.

For a game three years in development you would think Sledgehammer would have nailed the MP .... nope ... think again. Lag dominates every single game and bullets become ineffectual as a softly blown kiss. The weapon selection should have simply been replaced with 50 different version of the op BAL .... because its the only gun anyone ever uses. The maps are to small to handle the speed of exo movement and are aided in their rage inducement by a broken spawn system .... love getting shot in the back over and over again ? Buy CoD : AW.

I tried to love it. I really did. The core gameplay is fun but the games problems simply smother the enjoyment with a red miasma of disbelieving rage. This game behaves worse than Bf4 on crystal meth. In other words : give it a miss...
  36. Dec 29, 2014
    DONT BUY!!!

This game is just ghosts with a crappy jetpack. -Spawn into bullets CONSTANTLY, not just every once in awhile ALL THE TIME! And if not into bullets then with someone right behind you. -Quickscopey losers but now with jetpacks and it seems like there are more than ever. -Lag...as usual even though its next gen and they have sooooooo much money to invest into servers -Camp
    DONT BUY!!!

This game is just ghosts with a crappy jetpack.
    -Camp Camp Camp you know the drill

Its not inventive or anything but sometimes you get into a game thats good and it reminds you of what it SHOULD be but its not. Also the campaign is pretty fun and the graphics during the campaign are good. In the end it really is just another COD with none of the things you hate about COD taken away. Just a cash grab and im mad for buying it and you will be too.
  37. Feb 23, 2015
    this game is a joke its the same every year animations, gunplay, gameplay, everything. The only thing AW does right is the bots mode thats it, nothing else, worth 59 bucks
  38. Nov 5, 2014
    I was already in two minds as to whether I should buy this game or not because lets face it the previous COD game was naff, but I threw my £50 into the pot and bought it... I really wish I had kept the money for Assassins Creed Unity or Dragon Age Inquisition... The graphics dont really look much of an improvement from the xbox 360 version of Ghosts... The game often lags horribly to theI was already in two minds as to whether I should buy this game or not because lets face it the previous COD game was naff, but I threw my £50 into the pot and bought it... I really wish I had kept the money for Assassins Creed Unity or Dragon Age Inquisition... The graphics dont really look much of an improvement from the xbox 360 version of Ghosts... The game often lags horribly to the point ill be behind a building and end up dying in front of it... ok so thats not necessarily the games fault but it hardly makes the game fun and no other multiplayer games have this issue... the campaign is dull at the best of times and the ai is horrid, your own team running in front of you as your firing at the enemy who all tend to sit there poking their heads over obstacles, really???? I mean come on is this the future? Is this innovation I think not, when I first saw the sneak peaks I thought it looked like a rip off of titanfall... but in a more familiar setting which aside from not being able to wall run its not far off but its far from being as polished. On the plus side I like the idea of the supply drops and getting loot from them and the customising of the player character is good... however I am at a loss as to how this got 84 and destiny which is a far better game despite its lack of content and story got a 77????? WTF????? really, just dont waste your money, save it and buy something worthy of the money, boycott the rubbish that is COD until they start producing something that actually returns to the roots and provides a solid multiplayer experience... of course if your a spotty 12 year old chav then buy away it will keep you from annoying us adults on other games. (Im giving the game 1 because of the customisation options and loot from supply drops :) ) Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2014
    Overall, I was very disappointed with the game. The campaign has a decent story and Kevin Spacey is a definite plus, especially for House of Cards fans, but while the story was interesting its still the basic Call of Duty "bad guy taking over the world" theme and the general gameplay is still "shoot all the enemies to beat the level".

The multiplayer experience is absolutely awful. They

The multiplayer experience is absolutely awful. They are still using p2p instead of dedicated servers so the lag compensation gives certain players a huge advantage.

The only new thing to multiplayer is the "exo suit" which acts like a jet pack. This is cool for about 5 minutes and then gets annoying. It again makes strategic game play impossible. People can get across the map very quickly so spawn killing is pretty common. It also makes it impossible to play stealthy and flank the enemy since people just fly across the map.

The maps are way too complex making it impossible for any kind of strategic gameplay as even very good players will often get killed by some random enemy popping up behind them. The maps also make it difficult to do anything other than run and gun and as a result games are hectic with most K/D ratios being close to 1:1.

The perks and killsteaks are basically all the same, except there are not really any good offensive killstreaks. You can now modify killstreaks, for example you can add a scrambler ability to the UAV in exchange for requiring more points to unlock it, this is a cool feature but its defeated by the uselessness of of most of the killlstreaks.

Overall, I wish I had bought the disk version so I could sell this game. I'd much rather stick with Ghosts. If you like fast paced run and gun 1:1 K/D ratio gameplay, then you will probably like this game, but if you like to use more realistic strategies or stealth and don't like being shot trough walls because of lag compensation, you will be wasting your money. All you get that's new is a jet pack, awful maps, and tons of lag. I haven't been this disappointed in a game purchase in a long time.
  40. Dec 14, 2014
    This games is to fast paced for multi player spawning and dying because of exo jumps not mixing well with small maps and taken cod ghosts movement and haven't changed it what so ever. my least favorite part about this game is 1 gun stands out more than the rest so new players will get pulverized when they start off. Not any improvement from recent call of duty. but there is a few graphicThis games is to fast paced for multi player spawning and dying because of exo jumps not mixing well with small maps and taken cod ghosts movement and haven't changed it what so ever. my least favorite part about this game is 1 gun stands out more than the rest so new players will get pulverized when they start off. Not any improvement from recent call of duty. but there is a few graphic upgrades but small range of weapons and confusing supply drops mixed with hard to get camouflages and attachments this game is just awful. Expand
  41. Nov 4, 2014
    I don't even know where to start. Only played an hours worth but the controls are arcade-y as **** aiming down the sights and you can barely turn left or right to track your target, even with high sensitivity. Hit detection and aim assist feel really bad too but that might just take some getting used to.

Must have been spawn killed at least 1 in 10 deaths, which doesn't sound like a lot but it is (FYI mostly had a 2.0 KDR I am not **** :P).

Lag compensation is still clearly alive, watching some kill cams it is hilarious to see the enemy emptying an entire clip at you while on your screen the guy fired like one round.

Maps are clearly designed for the extra vertical dimension but it just makes them a cluster**** because in addition to there being multiple entry points to any position there are multiple entry points on 2-3 levels now, tactical gameplay using choke points is gone you are exposed constantly.

And jesus christ the graphics are ugly, it's like Duke Nukem 3D got textures from Duke Nukem Forever, but the level of detail is **** MW2 looked better ffs. Next gen? More like last gen.
  42. Nov 4, 2014
    The shallow attempt to advance this game have gone worthless. I bought it reading the reviews hoping it would be more like Titanfall. I was wrong. The physics are god awful, same as every Call of Duty Game. When you run, you become an easier target. The only thing that they changed has been the fact you can jump real high and climb up on stuff, which sounds cool at first, until you realizeThe shallow attempt to advance this game have gone worthless. I bought it reading the reviews hoping it would be more like Titanfall. I was wrong. The physics are god awful, same as every Call of Duty Game. When you run, you become an easier target. The only thing that they changed has been the fact you can jump real high and climb up on stuff, which sounds cool at first, until you realize you move really slow and jumping makes you a bigger/slower target (just like sprinting). So what will happen is, you will run into a room, and get shot in the back by a guy standing in the corner, Just like every other Call of Duty Game ever. The random respawns are horribly annoying because people spawn directly behind you and shoot you in the back. (classic call of duty) The story mode is a joke. I played through the entire Call of Duty Ghost's campaign and thought it was okay it was short but i liked it for the most part. But this is just horrible, The character progression the story, everything seems like a crappy fiction story someone wrote at 12 years old. The graphics are extremely overrated, Lots of terrible terrible environments made shiny by some filters, I wish I could attach some pictures highlighting this, but I cannot. Maybe I am not the best person to be reviewing this because I haven't enjoyed a COD game since MW2 but this game has not brought back anything to the franchise or added any truly new exciting features. Please just let Call of Duty die. Thanks Expand
  43. Nov 5, 2014
    Another over hyped game by the critics. We all know they're on the take so really I should skip this rant and go to the review.

POS!! Thats the outcome of hours logged in playing this garbage of a game. It's poorly executed, full of errors (here's one...Error setting persistent data: Given int value is too large in a byte; see console.), single player game is alright, multiplayer game (reason I bought it) SUCKS!!! Well, if your host or bad connection then of course you get a bonus but usually, LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG.

Look, fanbois will bleed COD and pump this POS up just to keep this dead franchise alive but in all honesty, Modern Warfare was the end of this franchise....everything else after is just garbage built upon the same ol same ol

Do yourself a favor....if you need to play it, by all means do Gamefly...because in the end, you'll have 60 bucks minus the fees for gamefly to use on other games HOPEFULLY that will be better.

In the end, console games suck and are dead due to untalented people now running these disasters of game companies. Let them all rot, wait 5 years and you'll get some good games after that....weed out all the trash.
  44. Nov 4, 2014
    Another copy of a copy , Call of duty franchise is dead from now on .. The first 4 game were awsome , but for now its a pale copy of an old game , dont buy this .. Stupid activision
  45. Nov 4, 2014
    Although this version of CoD claims to be geared toward both online competitive PvP shooting, and story-based narrative experience, the narrative part is so brief that it seems put there just to make a claim. Don't be fooled, there is very little here for the single-player (although the small amount of content is well-made, only making me wish it was substantial). This isn't a narrativeAlthough this version of CoD claims to be geared toward both online competitive PvP shooting, and story-based narrative experience, the narrative part is so brief that it seems put there just to make a claim. Don't be fooled, there is very little here for the single-player (although the small amount of content is well-made, only making me wish it was substantial). This isn't a narrative you would find in a game like Fallout. It isn't even Borderlands. This is a PvP online shooter, and almost exactly like the previous CoD games. Refined, but lacking the magic. If you like lining up crosshairs and pressing a button over and over, this game is for you! Expand
  46. Jan 12, 2015
    Waste of money you are always getting out gunned none of the guns are balanced after making it to prestige 9 with a 1.17 kd I quit because I'm always getting out gunned
  47. Nov 5, 2014
    What can I say? is the same crap since modern warfare, same repetitive boring gameplay with the same generic enemies as soldiers is no different in any way and the story is the same monotone argument, you know the US has to save the world form some dudes trying to take over yadyadayada.
    Oh, but wait, the multiplayer!, sorry still the same.
    Activision really outdid themselves, I mean
    Oh, but wait, the multiplayer!, sorry still the same.
    Activision really outdid themselves, I mean publishing the same game for 8+ years was to be worth something right?
    On second thought I don't think so, they only proved that CoD series is the most repetitive, bland and unispirig thing in the gaming industry.
  48. Nov 3, 2014
    Another poor outing unfortunately, as CoD has yet to release another decent title since BO1.

Many of the same issues that plagued BO2 are present here. Awful netcode. Terrible/small clustered maps, poor target identification and the list goes on. Not the skill rewarding FPS like I enjoy (cod4->BO1, titanfall ext). Exo movement is enjoyable and a breath of fresh air to the

Exo movement is enjoyable and a breath of fresh air to the franchise, but everything else under the hood is so poor that it can't save it.
  49. Nov 3, 2014
    This game was quite a disappointment. Once again you die far too quickly, and it is very hard to see enemies. There is a serious problem when I can maintain a 2.00 K/D in Black Ops 2, but can't even keep a positive K/D in this game. The map design is terrible; maps are too complicated and provide way too many ways to flank. There is another obvious problem with this game if 90% of myThis game was quite a disappointment. Once again you die far too quickly, and it is very hard to see enemies. There is a serious problem when I can maintain a 2.00 K/D in Black Ops 2, but can't even keep a positive K/D in this game. The map design is terrible; maps are too complicated and provide way too many ways to flank. There is another obvious problem with this game if 90% of my deaths are from a direction I can't even see, and I almost never get to test my skills in a gunfight. I'll be returning to Black Ops 2 and never touching this game again. Expand
  50. Nov 5, 2014
    Why are critics raving about this game. Yes COD has fallen a little short in the past years in sight of Infinity Ward falling apart, but this new edition is not a step up. This isn't COD, it's Titanfall without titans. If we're looking at the campaign then I have no input nor criticism, because when has COD been about the single player campaign. Ghosts gets crapped on by reviewers becauseWhy are critics raving about this game. Yes COD has fallen a little short in the past years in sight of Infinity Ward falling apart, but this new edition is not a step up. This isn't COD, it's Titanfall without titans. If we're looking at the campaign then I have no input nor criticism, because when has COD been about the single player campaign. Ghosts gets crapped on by reviewers because it had a stupid premise to the story but all in all it had a much better multiplayer experience than this title. Yeah Ghosts wasn't the best COD game, but neither is this. It's sad that with this game getting so much praise we will have to say goodbye to the sub-genre of fps game that the Modern Warfare series created and have this space age Halo/COD mix become the new thing that everyone wants to try. Our only hope is that Treyarch can pull another beauty like Black Ops 2. Stay to your roots COD, we don't want another Titanfall/Destiny. We already have those, and they're doing it a lot better than you. Expand
  51. Nov 4, 2014
    same old sh#t, different cover.

same old sh#t, different cover.

COD is nothing but a mediocre shooter that IGN gives it more than it deserves, hence they gave Ghosts 8.8/10.. this is a mere joke it's not even funny, the game still as crappy as the previous COD (Ghosts), nothing has changed except the unrealistic "exoskeleton" suit AKA titanfall copy and paste. Save your money, don't buy this unholy piece of garbage, it's not worth it at all.
  52. Nov 7, 2014
    HONEST REVIEW: It's astonishing to me how much Activision and their subsidiaries blatantly lie about games. Dedicated servers as promised? None. Quickscoping toned down? Not at all.

The game connects so poorly it boggles the mind. Lag compensation is back and worse than ever. If you have a solid, four bar connection be prepared to have a nice smooth experience where none of your bullets ever land and you die amazingly quick. To people with three and two bars. If someone has one bar, run for the hills. Just about every game I've seen, people with two bars will be at the top of the leaderboard going 30-5 with impunity.

Graphics are what you'd expect. The maps look like they were made with absolutely no forethought. They have numerous routes and levels. Something that looks like you should be able to jump to is out of bounds. Often causing you to fall out of bounds and die.

There are NO enemy sounds whatsoever. Someone can double jump above you and run a marathon behind you, and you won't hear a sound. EVER.

The game was made for the guy that doesn't have sound. Doesn't have a quality connection. And made for him to succeed.

I don't know why they decided to do a Halo and Titanfall type game, and do so incredibly badly.

Because the game has been out so long and is made year after year, this mess of a multiplayer game should receive a ZERO. But the five or six hour campaign (for me, on hardened) was decent.
  53. Nov 4, 2014
    WTF Valve wheres the quik zooming, i payed $130 for the ulimate edition day zero edition and i opened my package and all there was was a half eaten turkey sandwich and a note that said IOU 1 copy of Call of Money: Recycled Warfare. it didnt even come with destiny and watch_dogs pre packaged im unscubscribing to People magazine right this instant to combat this situation.
  54. Nov 5, 2014
    This game deserves a 5 at best, but I will give it a zero to combat all the fanboys. You must be out of your mind to give this game a 10, or 12 years old.

This game has almost no positives. The only positive I can think of is Kevin Spacey. Without him, this game truly would be a zero. The graphics on next gen are great. Multiplayer still has the same issues. I get 10 hit markers, but

Multiplayer still has the same issues. I get 10 hit markers, but the guy doesn't die. I die after two shots. Spawn kills are out of control. I have at least 100 spawn deaths since 11/3. Spawn, someone behind me, I die.

There is nothing new to this game except guns and maps, and the AWFUL boost jump, which ruins gameplay. THIS ISN'T TITANFALL, but Sledgehammer sure did their best to copy it. At least Titanfall remains playable.

All in all 4/10. Same CoD. Same angry children who don't deserve an Xbox One. Same old crap. Don't listen to the fanboys and don't spend $60 on this trash

Edit/Update: Another day in and still the same garbage. 10 hit markers on a guy, yet I die in two shots. The multiplayer maps are way too wide open. Spawn kills are getting even worse. Literally spawned when a teammate was running by with a guy chasing him and died instantly. Spawned, started running and got shot in the back isntanteously. Multiplayer is utter garbage in this game. Even Ghosts was better.

Part 2: Finally experienced all the multiplayer maps. Outside of the campaign, which I just beat on veteran, the game just isn't fun. Spawning and getting instantly killed more than 20% of the time, a nd going negative almost every game because of that fact is rediculous. Shooting someone first and shooting them more, getting killed. It's just not fun. The game is not fun. After two days, I will be returning this piece of garbage. Do not waste your time. And do not waste your money.
  55. TRJ
    Nov 3, 2014
    Summary: The addition of clumsy exo mechanics, coupled with long standing multiplayer issues made me feel like this was nothing more than a 'mech warrior' patch on a previously released CoD title. Frankly, it’s disappointing.

While the single player is graphically amazing, it's overall play and control fall short. Additionally, the beauty of the single player campaign only serves to bring more attention to the lack luster multiplayer graphics. I believe lower visual quality was required for smoother play.

While smooth gameplay is appreciated it goes unnoticed when coupled against awkward, and dare I say broken, exo mechanics. People jumping awkwardly and changing direction midair simply make the aim mechanics a horrible experience. I find myself constantly adjusting look sensitivity based on the level layout and weapon of choice (even within the same weapon class.) At the end of the day I think this would be a decent addition to the ailing franchise had time been spent focusing on existing issues rather than adding new ones.
  56. Nov 3, 2014
    If you take call o poopy and take some titanfall put it in the oven for ten seconds then sprinkle some Kevin spacey all over it. you got this. Kevin Spacey out of ten make of that what you will.
  57. Nov 8, 2014
    If this title was released without the COD name attached to it, there would be no way people would tolerate all the problems it has with multiplayer. You will die from people that shoot you before you could even see them, you will get killed after you have gone behind cover, you will put multiple bullets into your target and see on the replay that none of those hits registered because youIf this title was released without the COD name attached to it, there would be no way people would tolerate all the problems it has with multiplayer. You will die from people that shoot you before you could even see them, you will get killed after you have gone behind cover, you will put multiple bullets into your target and see on the replay that none of those hits registered because you were already dead. You will be put into games where you will have no chance of winning a 1v1 gun battle with anyone half-competent at online shooters. To be fair, there will also sometimes be games where you have a decent connection and you are the one with the unfair advantage, but who wants to play like this, where skill is made irrelevant by the horrible matchmaking and lag compensation? Besides, the bad experiences stick out in your mind much more than the good, if anything the good experiences highlight just how badly you are being cheated. We tend to remember the bad experiences more than the good, and when the bad experiences make you want to fly your xbox out the window, well there's something wrong with that.
    Honestly, if the connection issues weren't present this would be a great game but the same could be said of all the COD's since MW2. In the past, these issues could be overlooked because there wasn't any decent alternative. But Titanfall, Battlefield 4, and Destiny are 3 games that deliver a much more consistent experience. I'm not saying there isn't any lag present in those games, because any online game will have some lag but they have managed to keep it at a very playable level.
    I'm hopeful that with an update they can improve the connection issues, but these problems have been persistent for years so I'm not holding my breath. But if enough people decide that they've had enough, maybe Activision will finally fix the problem. This game could easily be a "9" if the lag issues didn't ruin the experience but unfortunately, in its present state, it's a "3".
  58. Nov 6, 2014
    Visually the game looks nice, and that seems to be the only thing that matters these days. Provide the player with a big bombastic visual visceral experience.

The problem is that doing this right from the start, as is the case with CoD Advanced Warfare, actually has detrimental gameplay effects. The initial cut scene on the marine landing ship is gorgeous. The subsequent drop pod

The initial cut scene on the marine landing ship is gorgeous. The subsequent drop pod sequence is atrocious. In a first person shooter, the first action I perform is a quick time event. Followed by another quick time event. More than 10 minutes pass before I fire my gun in anger.

The first level barely teaches me the basics of the new elements (smart grenades, jump suit etc.) - instead it bombards me with more visuals and explosions OMG WATCH OUT moments than you can throw a stick at. By the time I get to the tutorial (the shooting range) I was already forced to learn everything the hard way (which is pausing the game and looking at button mappings).

It's not that I need the game to hold my hand. But I would like to know how to get the most out of the game BEFORE I get thrown into the deep end. I don't want to be figure out gameplay mechanics which can help me be awesome in the game, 2 levels from finishing it.

I have no idea why review sites continue to rank this game so high. Advanced Warfare has done nothing to drive the franchise or even the genre forward. It looks prettier than the last few CoD games, but that's not hard with new consoles and a new engine.

It is still the same bland story, as well as horrible game and level design which is overshadowed by set piece moments and WOW elements. If that is your thing, go for it. If you prefer to just shoot stuff - Destiny and Titanfall have that covered.
  59. Nov 12, 2014
    The match making is broken, only able to find games in free for all. For this reason it's 3 out of 10. The game seems like it could be good. It's better than Ghost, that's for sure.
  60. Jan 23, 2015
    In my opinion all CoD games made by Sledgehammer games and Raven Software have terrible multiplayer. Those games include Modern Warfare 3, Ghosts, and now Advanced Warfare. I enjoyed all call of duty games, even world at war, but those three games I mentioned are awful. Campaign is pretty good, and the graphics are amazing. Unfortunately the multi player is pitiful once again. Most weaponsIn my opinion all CoD games made by Sledgehammer games and Raven Software have terrible multiplayer. Those games include Modern Warfare 3, Ghosts, and now Advanced Warfare. I enjoyed all call of duty games, even world at war, but those three games I mentioned are awful. Campaign is pretty good, and the graphics are amazing. Unfortunately the multi player is pitiful once again. Most weapons are pretty bad, and they recycled the worst perks from every game and put them into this one. Exo survival is pretty bland and im not even considering buying the new zombie mode when it comes out. If youre like me and hate Ghosts, MW3, and Advanced Warfare, i would wait till the next game produced by Infinity Ward and Treyarch comes out. Expand
  61. Jun 16, 2015
    Worst game I ever played. I use to be a loyal call of duty fan. Sledgehammer did a really crappy job on it. I understand we need more excitement, the lag unbalanced guns i the games. Just everything sucks about it. I got bored with the campaign quickly after 5 minutes, Tried the multi player for a few minutes not even playing a full 10 minutes I told my husband here take the game backWorst game I ever played. I use to be a loyal call of duty fan. Sledgehammer did a really crappy job on it. I understand we need more excitement, the lag unbalanced guns i the games. Just everything sucks about it. I got bored with the campaign quickly after 5 minutes, Tried the multi player for a few minutes not even playing a full 10 minutes I told my husband here take the game back and trade it in fr something else. This was the worst buy we ever made. anything comes out from Sledgehammer games , I will refuse to play or buy it. Not worth it. Expand
  62. Dec 14, 2014
    REVIEW FOR MULTI-PLAYER ONLY

REVIEW FOR MULTI-PLAYER ONLY

I have had this game (XBOX1) for more than a month now and I can honestly say this is the WORST COD in the series. The technical issues for this game are am embarrassment for the franchise in whole. The lag is almost as bad as Gears of War back in the day, the weapons skins are not unlocking properly, the DLC (Season pass) not working at all for days on end, and your emblem that you took hours perfecting... gone when you prestige!!! Some of these issues are being addressed, and yes the game plays better than launch day, but it is still a turd. I like the exo suits, however it feels like a clunky Titanfall rip-off, except no ingenuity in this one like Titanfall.
  63. Nov 15, 2014
    I recently bought the game out of curiosity after reading reviews that a lot of people ended up putting in and for the first time in my life playing a Call of Duty game, this one actually gave me the most difficulty in terms of gameplay. Never in my life did I struggle or get so mad in multiplayer due to cheap kills and unexplained deaths. The exo suits are a good addition to the game butI recently bought the game out of curiosity after reading reviews that a lot of people ended up putting in and for the first time in my life playing a Call of Duty game, this one actually gave me the most difficulty in terms of gameplay. Never in my life did I struggle or get so mad in multiplayer due to cheap kills and unexplained deaths. The exo suits are a good addition to the game but can really make situations frustrating if your on the other end of someones muzzle. The three first assault rifles are extremely hard to handle for some odd reason and with that said, you can NOT play multiplayer effectively if you don't have the quickdraw attachment for your weapon. If you use an assault rifle, you'll almost always end up at a disadvantage in a one on one fight. It just feels like I can't even play just to have fun anymore. I'm always getting frustrated and it's more of a stressful game than anything. I actually regret buying it. Expand
  64. Dec 30, 2014
    Fun when it actually works properly. However it has too many problems.

Fun when it actually works properly. However it has too many problems.

1) There is CONSTANT interp lag, worse than any other FPS I've ever played. What you're seeing is never the same as your enemy. You'll shoot someone 3 times with a shotgun, and then watch the Kill Cam of your death and it not even show you shooting. People will be reloading and facing the other direction and shoot through themselves to kill you.

2) The game has very little variety. There's not much reason to choose a weapon aside from an assault rifle. Most of the maps are basically the same. A big circle with a few buildings in the middle. Almost every person uses the the same the same perks, scorestreaks and weapon attachements.

3) Using a combination of perks and weapon attachments allows you to NEVER show up on the mini-map regardless of what you're doing. Guess what combination everyone uses? Prepare to die a lot never seeing your opponent on the mini-map, never hearing them shoot because of interp lag, and never hearing their footsteps because the sound is so low/non-existent.

4) Unlocking weapon attachments is more frustrating than fun. Want a scope so that you can kill enemies from a distance? Yeah well... you need to kill enemies from a distance first.
  65. Nov 15, 2014
    SAVE YOUR $$$:
    SAVE YOUR $$$:
    So they've added a couple new features to the game. Wow! I can't believe anyone would give this 4 of 5 stars unless they were paid to advertise for them or something. Lag? Oh yea, it's got that, and a bunch of other things we've come to know and love from COD. Inconsistent hit counters, lag compensation, best increase your latency for a better gaming experience. Oh, the best part, it's still only 12 players per game. I guess that's what your stuck with when you won't pony up $$$ to host servers so everyone can have equal network access. I'd call it a pos, but I don't think that's near harsh enough. Another $60 wasted in high hopes of a good game. Drive things like tanks/choppers/vehicles??? Not in call of duty!!! There's no need to make a shooter that you can do anything besides run around and shoot people. That doesn't get old at all... Snipe? Sure you can snipe when the entire map is the size of a football field. The fact that the game play has been EXACTLY the same for nearly 5 yrs means I should spend $60 for **** weapons, inconsistent kills, and well... I still can only hear like one other person in game chat sometimes. Bugs??? Oh yea, they've got'em. How bout standing on top of a building shooting a guy down below that doesn't see you. wait! he saw me now and can one shot me with an assault rifle or a pistol from 1/2 the map away. Bang up job COD!!! Yes, other games do have bugs, but they are far from being the same exact garbage every single new release. And they actually fix them. It's not like you had a year to plan this out. Did you? I think the best part of this game is the trailer, everything else is standard COD.
    Summary:
    only 12 players in games - still...
    inconsistent hit counters
    LAG - which can't be helped when you don't have individual server hosting. Seriously?
    game chat issues
    party chat issues
    When moving too fast console can't process what's going on fast enough, so your going to die basically, even if you start shooting the person 2 sec before they see you. (yes, we've duplicated it.) as example, shooting a guy in the back with 1/2 a clip of hit markers flying everywhere, they turn around and 1 shot you with a pistol.

Buy a different game

Docsis 3 - 8 channel bonding
    Main WAN connection - 40Gig
    Latency from NY to CA =
  66. Dec 23, 2014
    Call of duty is an example of how the anual games are a fraud. The game only has the positive element in the multiplayer mode, because there's no more campers that destroy the game. The campaign is a generic history about the power and boring missions. The only thing that can save this game is zombies and i'm not 100% sure about that. This game is not worth the 60 bucks they make you pay,Call of duty is an example of how the anual games are a fraud. The game only has the positive element in the multiplayer mode, because there's no more campers that destroy the game. The campaign is a generic history about the power and boring missions. The only thing that can save this game is zombies and i'm not 100% sure about that. This game is not worth the 60 bucks they make you pay, no innovation, a game that still depends on its multiplayer and graphically not see an improvement for the new generation of consoles, even to the last. It's not a bad game at all, but, the fact that play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the same as playing this game is the reason why this game it´s only a copy/paste of the last Call of Duty that have been release in the last years. Expand
  67. Dec 28, 2014
    Was not a plug in and play game. It needed updates. Do not play while updates are being done otherwise you will have to uninstall and try again. During game play it continues to freeze and kick out. Have reach one part of the game and will not play after this. About 10% through the game at this stage and will not go any further. Don't buy Xbox one. Always updating and takes days to updateWas not a plug in and play game. It needed updates. Do not play while updates are being done otherwise you will have to uninstall and try again. During game play it continues to freeze and kick out. Have reach one part of the game and will not play after this. About 10% through the game at this stage and will not go any further. Don't buy Xbox one. Always updating and takes days to update on some games. My internet is ADSL with a speed of about 8 Expand
  68. Jan 19, 2015
    Honestly, the multi-player mode totally sux. People like me who complain about the respawn locations on Ghosts should appreciate Ghosts a little more. Spawning next to an enemy player who is also respawning seems like a common occurrence, which sux, even if you get the kill. I liked the multi-player maps. They seemed to be adequate size and had good sight lines. The jumping ability inHonestly, the multi-player mode totally sux. People like me who complain about the respawn locations on Ghosts should appreciate Ghosts a little more. Spawning next to an enemy player who is also respawning seems like a common occurrence, which sux, even if you get the kill. I liked the multi-player maps. They seemed to be adequate size and had good sight lines. The jumping ability in this game totally sux and makes any type of real combat experience impossible. The multi-player game options have the ability to limit the exo-skeleton's impact, but there is no hardcore choice for the limited choices. I played multi-player through the first prestige. I'm done with this game. If I want to play something with science fiction, I'll go back to Halo. This is absolutely the WORST COD game yet. I own them all, and the only reason I'm not selling it is because it is now part of a collection. Expand
  69. Feb 7, 2015
    First things first: **** Call of Duty EVER

call of duty needed to cut out its franchise after MW2, every game is exactly the same and futuristic call of duties suck. cod stopped being fun after cod 5: World at War, after that, the WW2 versions stooped coming out and it became stupid over time. WTF DID THEY TAKE 4 PLAYER CO-OP OUT? MY FRIENDS AND I LOVED PLAYING ZOMBIES IN BLACK
    First things first: **** Call of Duty EVER

WTF DID THEY TAKE 4 PLAYER CO-OP OUT? MY FRIENDS AND I LOVED PLAYING ZOMBIES IN BLACK OPS 2 TOGETHER, BUT NOW WE CAN'T (LOCALLY)

if you want to play a fun multiplayer war game, play battlefield. it is way more realistic, 40 times as fun, and isn't mainly played by 8 year old kids (who, by the way, aren't even supposed to be playing call of duty)
  70. Feb 12, 2015
    Just a bad game, bought and sold it in less than one month...changes to the game obliterated my playstyles preference...just was not enjoyable sniping, riot shield, smg and I'm not blaming this on exo movement, I've played many games with similar movement so there was no adjustment for me
  71. Jul 27, 2015
    The game itself is just a cash cow, and Sledgehammer is trying to turn this game into Candy Crush. This game took 3 years to make and it released with the least amount of content.... hmmm odd isn't it? Also, the new exo-suit idea was great, but poorly executed. There are far too many issues with the netcode (which causes lag) to be having such extreme movements. The game does not feel likeThe game itself is just a cash cow, and Sledgehammer is trying to turn this game into Candy Crush. This game took 3 years to make and it released with the least amount of content.... hmmm odd isn't it? Also, the new exo-suit idea was great, but poorly executed. There are far too many issues with the netcode (which causes lag) to be having such extreme movements. The game does not feel like Call of Duty and feels like Titanfall 2. The campaign was great however, and it was very enjoyable (especially because of Kevin Spacey) The survival mode is disgusting and should be avoided at all times, and the Exo Zombies was purposely delayed and withheld from user access just to be sold as DLC, hence my Candy Crush comment. Overall, the game was a good idea turned horribly wrong, and it is overall a meh game at best. Expand
  72. Nov 4, 2014
    This is a joke, the same game with new hat. Same as cod4, waw, mw2, bo, mw3, bo2, ghost.
    after 7 seven year, this is the same game, with two grapichs improvement, and people still paying 60€
    So funny
  73. Nov 3, 2014
    More of the same linear **** you expect from the most cookie cutter game in existence with a little titan fall thrown in a real shame too since i thought it would reinvigorate the series like 4 should have let IW do this game after 4 like they planned
  74. Nov 7, 2014
    It's that same game every year, with the same engine, but now with minor improvements and a Halo twist!

CoD has once again catered exclusively to the competitive community. It's chaotic and much too fast paced, with all of the maps made for rushing flankers and no hope for defensive play styles again. The horrible latency, spawns, and dozens of flanks from Ghosts are back intentionally to help out noobs and narrow the skill gap, ensuring noobs could spawn near a good player, flank from any direction, and even if they saw them coming, they'd be instantaneously killed. Not to mention the fact that there are only THREE (3) shotguns, all of which suck, and 5 lmgs, of which 4 suck. Compare that to the 30+ assault rifles and smgs. Way to go, MLGaymers and eDorks.
  75. Nov 8, 2014
    Point blank, more horrible than ghosts. The exo suits make the multiplayer god awful and the guns all seem to fire air instead of bullets. The story is bland and nothing jaw dropping and the exo survival mode is just as horrible and boring as you remember from MW3. Pass this game up, even if you can get it for free it isn't worth your time to even play for a second.
  76. Jan 4, 2015
    What a broke piece of **** JUST LIKE the rest of this generation.What a broke piece of **** JUST LIKE the rest of this generation.What a broke piece of **** JUST LIKE the rest of this generation.What a broke piece of **** JUST LIKE the rest of this generation.What a broke piece of **** JUST LIKE the rest of this generation.
  77. Jan 19, 2015
    hey you know what call of duty needs oh yeah it need jet packs that's what the kids like today right?

IT IS CRYSIS MIXED WITH TITANFALL AND HALO.

Call of duty has always sucked please don't buy this
  78. Nov 3, 2014
    The game is okay, but it feels like I got tricked by Activision into buying the same Call of Duty again. Mostly because they still use the same outdated 10 year old engine, but aside from that the graphics are nothing special. The exosuit mechanics are a fun addition, but it's nothing new or revolutionary; Crysis and Titanfall have done it already. But what really turned me off from theThe game is okay, but it feels like I got tricked by Activision into buying the same Call of Duty again. Mostly because they still use the same outdated 10 year old engine, but aside from that the graphics are nothing special. The exosuit mechanics are a fun addition, but it's nothing new or revolutionary; Crysis and Titanfall have done it already. But what really turned me off from the game was the same community. I'm not sure about you guys, but I do not enjoy listening to angry children and angsty teens being all butthurt and frustrated over the mic. Bottom line is that the game is entertaining and I will probably play it for a while, but even though I want to enjoy the game I can't, it's like trying to experience the same fun you had in modern warfare. Expand
  79. Feb 10, 2015
    The more I play it which is once every few weeks or so the more I hate it. Its the most mindless game design in Cod History. I really thought they could not sink lower than Ghost yet here its is. Advanced Warfare. O strategy O fun O points. Thank the Gods that the next Cod is Trey. Sledge Hammer games if you ever get the opportunity to ruin another Cod a good number of players will not byThe more I play it which is once every few weeks or so the more I hate it. Its the most mindless game design in Cod History. I really thought they could not sink lower than Ghost yet here its is. Advanced Warfare. O strategy O fun O points. Thank the Gods that the next Cod is Trey. Sledge Hammer games if you ever get the opportunity to ruin another Cod a good number of players will not by the game based off the AW experience. Expand
  80. Jun 15, 2015
    another stupid cod game... .
  81. Jan 3, 2015
    This is a NON bias review. I've been a call of duty fan since cod came out. The last good cod I played was BO 1. They had interactive levels, good maps guns etc. This franchise has gone down an icy slope and it looks like the debs don't give a f@*k! They make TONS of profit and that's after paying everyone off... are you telling me they can't add dedicated servers?!

Barely anyone plays

Barely anyone plays this game for single player so I won't even bother reviewing it. The multiplayer has all the issues from the previous cods combined into one. LAG and the poor lag compensation that comes with it. I'm a pretty good player but when I load a clip into a guy and he jet packs off, it really annoys me. Or better yet I laid a clip then have to reload and I die with 1 shot to my leg.

Another downfall is... THE COMMUNITY, playing with thirsty campers and low connection speed players put a good player at a disadvantage and makes you frustrated easily. Notice when you turn a corner to shoot and you get shots in but die? Then on the replay you didn't shoot at all or your killers screen is red? Yeah that's lag compensation. Mix that with a slightly slower reaction and you're screwed all the time. You have to be lucky to get in a good game with skilled players that actually explore the map and play the objective. Kills streaks are garbage because most are useless or require heavy camping to obtain (thirsty campers).

The community, he devs lack of innovation and support to fix issues or give back a dedicated server to its loyal fans really makes me hope that this franchise dies off. I'm praying the new cops n robbers Battlefield runs for going forward. They are actually doing things right minus kill streak rewards but meh. At least they make PLAYABLE games right? I advise the creators of COD to do some soul searching and think about creating a game that's fair to those paying for the same **** year after year... We want interactive maps (not just random floods etc but buttons to change the landscape), diverse weapons and balancing, better streaks, DEDICATED SERVERS(biggest issue). I get into games that remind me of what this game could be with those tweaks, I could deal with campers if the lag was gone but with that problem existing it's a campers best friend.

I cant play this game for more than an hr at a time or less due to the issues mentioned. Anyone rating this above a 6 is either not of legal age to play the game, is 6 years old or has no standards. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED, TGE GAME IS BROKEN. Good thing i didnt pay for this, i actually stopped buying at mw3. I advise you do the same, maybe a kick in the ass is what the devs need (but you will all buy the next one hoping for improvement year after year only to be tricked into buying the same game. R.I.P. COD... see you suckas online...

-The Truth Hurts
  82. Nov 8, 2014
    Yes, I think this game deserves a one. In all honesty I wanted to put a zero, but the fact is, it is a game, it does work, and it provides some enjoyment (however minimal it may be). And if this were a different game, not of the cod franchise, it might deserve a better score. That is not the case though. And as it stands, this is the word iteration of Call of Duty to date. Now, I am not aYes, I think this game deserves a one. In all honesty I wanted to put a zero, but the fact is, it is a game, it does work, and it provides some enjoyment (however minimal it may be). And if this were a different game, not of the cod franchise, it might deserve a better score. That is not the case though. And as it stands, this is the word iteration of Call of Duty to date. Now, I am not a cod hater, far from it actually. What I hate is that the franchise has moved so far from its roots in an attempt to stay modern and appealing, that it has become an unbalanced, unpolished, complete piece of **** And it saddens me. I'm less pissed about losing that $60 than I am about not having a fun call of duty to play. I thought for sure after the fiasco that ghosts was, the next cod would re-embrace the things that made it such a good multiplayer shooter in the first place. Nope. Other people have spelled out why this game is terrible in terms of balance and connection and whatnot, and I won't rehash those points, as valid as they are, for the thing that bothers me the most is just how far from fun it is now.

The exo suits are terrible. Period.
  83. Nov 3, 2014
    More aim-assist casual no-skill, no brains, garbage... A game that plays itself for you like every COD before it. Nothing has changed. It's the same COD as always, and not worth a cent.
  84. Nov 5, 2014
    I've been playing CoD since Modern Warfare 2. This release has the major feel like they just launched before they got the game done. Major online lag issues unlike ever before based on the host setup and advantages, as well as changing settings like ricochet to make hardcore simply annoying and taking the game backwards. Bullet lag is the worst it's been in a long time, dying well behindI've been playing CoD since Modern Warfare 2. This release has the major feel like they just launched before they got the game done. Major online lag issues unlike ever before based on the host setup and advantages, as well as changing settings like ricochet to make hardcore simply annoying and taking the game backwards. Bullet lag is the worst it's been in a long time, dying well behind cover. It simply feels unpolished and lacks the finish that we have come to expect from this title.

The new exo movements and abilities are intriguing and would take a while to get used to, and make the game even exciting, if the rest of the issues got fixed first.

Let's not even talk about the spawns.........they should know better by now.....

I simply can't wait to put this on the shelf until they fix what should have been done already.
  85. Nov 7, 2014
    Same as the last 6 games, buildings and blocks for MP maps. "Save the World" story since 2003. Recycled game. Shoot near a player and he dies, don't have to aim properly. Just another easy FPS that your grandma and 6 year old will make think they are good at FPS games.
  86. Nov 5, 2014
    Total crap compared to PS4, which is not much better. I think the problem is they gave the game to a new studio and they really are just learning how to make this type of game. Just wondering if people will have the patience to wait for Treyarch's version..then who knows by the point. Fact of the matter is the game has not changed at all, and the jump mechanic took all the skill awayTotal crap compared to PS4, which is not much better. I think the problem is they gave the game to a new studio and they really are just learning how to make this type of game. Just wondering if people will have the patience to wait for Treyarch's version..then who knows by the point. Fact of the matter is the game has not changed at all, and the jump mechanic took all the skill away from Multiplayer plain and simple. RIP COD. Expand
  87. Nov 18, 2014
    I've been a huge fan of this franchise, and I am going to break this whole game from top to bottom:

campaign: if you are looking for another cpt. Price or Soap - forget about it. This campaign is wrapped around its antagonist. The protagonists had no flow or personality to themselves. The actual story was so predictable - my god, you just knew Kevin Spacey would be the bad guy, but a bad guy with merilious swag.

The campaign was very boring, no highs, no lows, just very mediocre.

Multiplayer: the best thing I can say is this - I'm glad that Sledgehammer gave the public something different, and it failed. The idea of the exo movements were awful. To give you a background of the type of gamer I am - I loved BO2, MW1&2, and BO1, those games felt like cod, not this.

This game suffers from the lack of variety of guns, they left the old three lane map idea, and when I play this game I think of this: Call of Duty: Advanced Rooftops.

Exo-survival: this isn't worth talking about or playing.
  88. Nov 9, 2014
    Once again the same game, people, please stop buying the same game every year!!! what do you think this will have? This is a Crysis copy!!!!!

DON'T BUY IT!
  89. Jun 23, 2015
    Kevin of Duty Advanced **** is a terrible disaster and worst game of next gen its terrible graphics and don't have any physics. This game is a **** and only who buys this game are kids of 3 years old .
  90. Aug 5, 2015
    This franchise is getting worse and worse we want good gameplay not jumping aimlessly with overpowered guns and glitches major flop for sledgehammer games
  91. Jan 22, 2016
    COD: the yearly box of chocolate - you do not really know what's inside, but rest be assure, it will be sweet and well, the same chocolate with perhaps different fillings. This game was improvement over Ghost but it still feels too scripted, corridor-like game with not much thrills.
  92. Apr 6, 2015
    This game made me do what I never thought I would; hate a call of duty game. With a sped up multiplayer it redefines the call of duty franchise and not in a good way. It shines the light on the fact that change does not mean better. After mediocre reviews for Ghosts (a game that I personally like very much) Call of Duty decided that it needed to go in a different direction with the newThis game made me do what I never thought I would; hate a call of duty game. With a sped up multiplayer it redefines the call of duty franchise and not in a good way. It shines the light on the fact that change does not mean better. After mediocre reviews for Ghosts (a game that I personally like very much) Call of Duty decided that it needed to go in a different direction with the new game. While this wasn't a bad thought, the execution was lackluster. Starting at CoD4 and ending with BlackOps2 (with the exception of WaW) CoD had employed a simple strategy and kep it by just simply realizing if it ain't broke don't fix it. The games didn't introduce large scale changes but instead opted for a new take on the same old thing: a game based on mostly modern concepts of war and realistic movement and tactics. With Advanced Warfare the creators saw that it was time for a change which I did agree with, but the implementation of a brand new exo suit based movement system was where I believe the series struck not gold, but maybe something a little less captivating, let's say plastic. The new system of movement completely destroyed what I had come to know as Call of Duty in my 8 years of CoD experience. Even with Ghosts, Infinity Ward managed to produce a good game just by implementing the same old system and re-imagining only the little things like killstreaks and guns. The creators of AW took a great chance with the exo suit but in my opinion it did not pay off but instead showed many that without risk nothing bad can happen and made me very thankful for a Ghosts game ridiculed for a lack of originality. That is why I believe that AW killed CoD and what those three words, Call of Duty, meant to me. Expand
  93. Jan 20, 2016
    A rather lame, boring game. Of course it kind of revived the Call Of Duty series but it was the start if a whole new era. A bad one. Activision fails to make a good Call Of Duty like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the other classics. This is rather too futuristic than fun and too easy to beat story mode. Story mode was too short and simple. This was better than Ghosts thank the lord forA rather lame, boring game. Of course it kind of revived the Call Of Duty series but it was the start if a whole new era. A bad one. Activision fails to make a good Call Of Duty like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the other classics. This is rather too futuristic than fun and too easy to beat story mode. Story mode was too short and simple. This was better than Ghosts thank the lord for making something better than that. Expand
  94. May 9, 2016
    This game is good, not the greatest tho. there are a few reasons i dislike Advanced Warfare, First thing is that shotguns and snipers are pretty much useless. When you try to snipe somebody they can just EXO jump into the air and kill you. Shotguns are also point less because its harder to get up close to another player. Second reason is Spam Spam Spam, all you have to do in this game isThis game is good, not the greatest tho. there are a few reasons i dislike Advanced Warfare, First thing is that shotguns and snipers are pretty much useless. When you try to snipe somebody they can just EXO jump into the air and kill you. Shotguns are also point less because its harder to get up close to another player. Second reason is Spam Spam Spam, all you have to do in this game is Exo jump non stop and kill your opponents. Forth reason is If you only have 3 out of the 4 map packs you will find no games. So either buy all 4 DLCS or Don't install any DLCS. My last reason is that Exo Zombies sucked. One of the worst zombie modes i ever played in Call of Duty series. Zombies Exploding and stupid EMP zombies that shut down your EXO suit for like 10 seconds and gets you killed. Expand
  95. Jul 29, 2016
    I feel like they completely changed the cod series to a jumping game its very frustrating due to all the movement and it has became a pay to win game.
  96. Jan 4, 2018
    Really a terrible game. By far the worst of the series, if you wanna know why, just go watch the trailer.

1. Dec 9, 2014
    If you play Call Of Duty online all year round then Christmas has officially come early. But if you’re a sucker for the ludicrous, globe-trotting, re-skinned James Bond adventures that constitute these games in single player, you’ve picked the perfect year in which to take a twelve-month break.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Dec 6, 2014
    Advanced Warfare is still Call of Duty, but it's more playful, knowing and refreshing than COD's been in years. [Christmas 2014, p.112]
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2014
    In many ways, the game is the perfect distillation of the franchise's core appeal. But it's still just Call of Duty, don't expect it to revolutionize the industry. [Issue#118, p.61]