5.5

1. Nov 3, 2014
    Honestly, a great leap forward for the series. Movement is fluid and fun. Multiplayer maps are outstanding. Let's put Ghosts behind us - this is a great CoD game.
  2. Nov 3, 2014
    With a decent campaign, strong multiplayer and a interesting co-op mode, the game is familiar in terms of modes but what really wins it over is the new gameplay mechanics which changes everything. The exo abilities combined with its always satisfying shooting make Advanced Warfare a strong new step in the series. Kevin Spacey makes the Campaign strong while I'm looking forward to theWith a decent campaign, strong multiplayer and a interesting co-op mode, the game is familiar in terms of modes but what really wins it over is the new gameplay mechanics which changes everything. The exo abilities combined with its always satisfying shooting make Advanced Warfare a strong new step in the series. Kevin Spacey makes the Campaign strong while I'm looking forward to the upcoming DLC to make the multiplayer and co-op modes the best yet. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2014
    Amazingly done. This Call of Duty is What we have all been waiting for. I'll keep this short and to the point. The campaign so far is great and playing online is tons of fun.
  4. Nov 3, 2014
    This game is undeniably better than probably all CODs since MW2. Volla...! :)
    Graphics + Campaign (better and longer) + Multiplayer gameplay + Exosuits = 10/10
  5. Nov 3, 2014
    this cod is really one of the best cod games ever. graphics , gameplay , multiplayer, and etc are all at their best position. buy it or you will lose on of the best things you could ever get.
  6. Nov 11, 2014
    Very good COD (MUST READ) and may be the best yet! I was somewhat skeptical about purchasing the game after seeing the trailers and reading / watching a ton of reviews (good and bad opinions), but I'm sure glad that I did. A lot of us have been looking forward to a new COD that's a lot like COD4 and WAW etc., including myself. Wasn't really looking forward to another futuristic shooter toVery good COD (MUST READ) and may be the best yet! I was somewhat skeptical about purchasing the game after seeing the trailers and reading / watching a ton of reviews (good and bad opinions), but I'm sure glad that I did. A lot of us have been looking forward to a new COD that's a lot like COD4 and WAW etc., including myself. Wasn't really looking forward to another futuristic shooter to be honest.

To start things off, once you get this bad boy installed, you will get a personal thank you from Sledgehammer Games. The campaign is awesome and the multiplayer is a down right blast! Multiplayer will seem crazy, different and very hectic at first, but you'll get used to it quickly. Once one gets used to the exo abilities, wild map designs and the verticality of the game, you won't want to put the controller down. Even though the game is set in the future, the COD feel is for sure still there and it's not too futuristic either. Paintball mode makes it easy to track your shots and is definitely a very cool option to the game. There are some really fun new game modes like Uplink, which is pretty much like capture the flag, but instead of a flag, you carry and can even pass a small spherical satellite that needs to be brought to the upload site in order to gain team scores. There's also classic mode which takes away the exo abilities for that old school type gameplay if it's desired. Excellent balance of weapon types, perks and score steaks. At first it may be tough obtaining the score streak rewards, but they come easier as you start to master your classes and play style.

I have enjoyed the COD's of the past, especially COD4 and WAW. Black Ops and yes even Ghosts were fun too, but this may now be the "King of The Hill" by a long shot. Even though I enjoyed the past COD's, it's been a long time since I've had that "itch" to play and play again. If you liked COD in the past and are looking for a fresh twist of things, this is your game. Once again, the game will take some getting used to and sometimes it's hard to accept change, but just strap in and hold on tight because you have a wild ride in store for yourself.

Thank you Sledgehammer Games for bringing us this masterpiece and revitalizing the COD franchise. You hit it out of the park and I'm so glad to have the desire to play COD again. I sure hope Treyarch is working extremely hard on next years COD because they've got their work cut out for them now. As much as I would like to see a new COD4, it's going to be very hard to go back to a "slower" type of gameplay now!

Greetings from Minneapolis, MN
  7. Jun 1, 2015
    COD:AW is a solid game that finally delivered the innovation that we were expecting in Ghosts. The campaign was entertaining and spot on with the standards set by the MW series. Multiplayer is competitive, fun and the maps are well orchestrated. There is a lot of cool new features as well. Exo Skeletons, futuristic weapons, drones and much much more. For the first time in years I feel likeCOD:AW is a solid game that finally delivered the innovation that we were expecting in Ghosts. The campaign was entertaining and spot on with the standards set by the MW series. Multiplayer is competitive, fun and the maps are well orchestrated. There is a lot of cool new features as well. Exo Skeletons, futuristic weapons, drones and much much more. For the first time in years I feel like this COD is one of a kind and not an over priced add on. Expand
  8. Nov 5, 2014
    Okay, I may not be a famous Youtube star, who is getting paid to say positive Things about the COD Franchise. But I am a experience player when it comes to Call of Duty. I've been playing since the first Call of Duty ever created, and my least favorite game is not COD: Ghost(not the best but not the most awful either) but COD: Mw3 was a downside, anyway to this game:

WHen I saw the

WHen I saw the trailer and saw who made it(Sledgehammer Games) I thought for a second, oh no. Another Mw3?
    But I kept a open mind to it. I pre-orded the Day Zero. I played it a bit and WOW I must say, maybe it's the best COD since World at War(my favorite COD). I am not a fanboy, I am normally critically(check out my ratings, on other games and movies)

The Mulitplayer: Okay, listen, this one IS different than the other games. Same HUD and Loadout from Black Ops 2, but that's it. The EXO-Skeleton makes it run so smooth. I have always been a run and shoot guy(Giant Serious Sam fan, even my emblem is Serious Sam LOGO), and this Game will give us a chance with that. The Quickscope is reduced, so it is harder(I love it) the map are from Small to Large, so it's always fresh. Maps have the dynamic touch from Ghost, some of them changes. Litteraly. There is this one map I can't recall the name on, you are there capturing the flags, suddenly a voice is speaking, "we need to open the doors, a deadly gas is inbound". suddenly the flags disapeaer and a new area of the map will open and with NEW possiblities, it's a fresh idea for COD, and it's the right way, at the beginning I thought. COD AW would kill the franchise, but it have only saved it.
    Make your own character. get different weapons with more damage or less. It's NEW for COD, I know other games already have added it for their games years ago. But we are focusing on COD and not Borderlands and Battlefield, it's a positive way for COD and it's the right.

I have completed Single Player, and Oh Boy it's one of the better Campaigns in the COD Franchises.

I would highly recommend COD: AW for anyone who is missing a good and FUN MP.
    (The survival OPs is like the one from MW3) nothing new has changed.

But I am only reviewing short about MP, because that's the only thing peope will be focusing and playing.
    (I am not a douche, but it is sadly true)

(Sledgehammer games said from the beginning, they made COD AW, to make it a fun MP and not "taken that much seriously" as the previously games in Franchise, and it sure delivered that. There is less raging in this game, because you CAN have good time.. and make nice and fun kills.

Buy it! if you need some games lately.
  9. Nov 14, 2014
    If you like the SP Campaign of the Modern Warfare trilogy and Black Ops,you will like this one too.The campaign seems a bit short to me and on Veteran difficulty a bit to easy.But overall i had fun in the Campaign.MP is good,it does remind a bit of TitanFall but thats not a negative for me.Graphics are gorgeus but the sound still falls short in comparison to Battlefield.Overall i think itsIf you like the SP Campaign of the Modern Warfare trilogy and Black Ops,you will like this one too.The campaign seems a bit short to me and on Veteran difficulty a bit to easy.But overall i had fun in the Campaign.MP is good,it does remind a bit of TitanFall but thats not a negative for me.Graphics are gorgeus but the sound still falls short in comparison to Battlefield.Overall i think its a good start in a new CoD Trilogy. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2014
    Fun, fast and power jumping! I haven't had this much fun since Bad Company 2! I've been having fun with this game, both in multiplayer and campaign. Sorry for the "COD Vets" the don't appreciate what Sledgehammer games has done to make a once stalled franchise into something FUN again!
  11. Nov 5, 2014
    I been bored with the yearly COD "DLC" since Blops, but this is a different beast.

The campaign is a lot of fun. Yes it's still the same point to point COD fare but the tech makes that journey a lot more interesting. As for the MP, don't get me started. It's frickin' excellent! The map design, the balanced gameplay and the excellent meaty sound creates not only the best COD since

As for the MP, don't get me started. It's frickin' excellent!

The map design, the balanced gameplay and the excellent meaty sound creates not only the best COD since COD 4 but one of the best FPS I've ever played.

A lot of people are saying that this is the same COD experience as every year, don't listen because they haven't played it. This is COD on steroids and the verticality makes a massive difference to the MP.

I got this for £40 and it's worth every single hard earned penny.
  12. Nov 4, 2014
    Its hilarious that Meta Critic's user review score for Advanced Warfare is either totally Negative or extremely positive. This just goes to show that most of the people who rated the game a 0 or any other negative score are just haters of the game. I honestly can say I haven't played a Cod game since Black Ops since the franchise really started to wear on me. Now that I am playing thisIts hilarious that Meta Critic's user review score for Advanced Warfare is either totally Negative or extremely positive. This just goes to show that most of the people who rated the game a 0 or any other negative score are just haters of the game. I honestly can say I haven't played a Cod game since Black Ops since the franchise really started to wear on me. Now that I am playing this game after so many years I can finally say that I feel refreshed and the series is coming back alive like it did back with COD 4. The movements are way more fluid than "Titanfall" (everyone compares this game to Titanfall lol) because they didn't throw in the wall running and extra wall hanging. When a game has too many movements and actions, it gets really tiresome to play and Advanced Warfare nailed it on the head with how seamless the game runs. Guns are great as well as the sounds they produce. In a game that I recently thought was over doing itself in its create a class section has finally figured out perfect harmony from customization to weapons and perks. Go get this game if you ever enjoyed the pre Black Ops days !! Expand
  13. Nov 19, 2014
    I implore people to look above a rating higher than 4. Anyone who chooses to rate this game that low cannot see it for it's worth, thus their review will be worthless.

Another game in the CoD franchise and another step forward. This franchise continues to listen to player feedback and deliver and what is fun for the player. The beauty of Call of Duty is that you can be an professional gamer, spend hours after hours on this game doing what you do, or you can be your typical casual gamer and play every now and then. The similarity between the two is that you will both be immersed, both have fun and both get frustrated at times.
  14. Nov 20, 2014
    After the mediocre Ghosts, Call of Duty is back on track with this new installment. Advanced Warfare is a great game to the franchise with a brand new movement system, an excellent campaign, and a surprisingly new-feeling Multiplayer. Though the CO-OP mode is lacking right now, there is a promise for Zombies in the future DLC packs
  15. Dec 11, 2014
    loved it loved it loved it 100% brilliant .
    best cod game by far single player is just the bomb and so it multiplayer bring on the next one i cant wait
  16. Nov 10, 2015
    This game is BADASS, intense and you can actually boost dodge away from campers instead of turing a corner and being **** for going in some room some douche is camping in, this game is exciting, unlike watered down black ops 3...
  17. Nov 3, 2014
    In my opinion,this is the best cod since mw2.Of course,after ghosts it couldnt Be worse.)I like this new features like double jump and dash.And these things are really working well in multiplayer.Plus,very-very solid campaign with the Great actor Kevin Spacey as the main bad guy.3 The game looks fantastic,graphics are amazing and characters looks like in the movie.i'm not the big fan ofIn my opinion,this is the best cod since mw2.Of course,after ghosts it couldnt Be worse.)I like this new features like double jump and dash.And these things are really working well in multiplayer.Plus,very-very solid campaign with the Great actor Kevin Spacey as the main bad guy.3 The game looks fantastic,graphics are amazing and characters looks like in the movie.i'm not the big fan of cod, but,this game is definitely awesome. Expand
  18. Nov 3, 2014
    Loving what I have played so far. The graphics are some of the best I've seen, the gameplay is smooth and fluid and its much more fun than ghosts. Still early days - but my first thoughts are that this game is the best COD in many years. The new combat abilities really change things up which makes it feel fresh and unique.
  19. Nov 3, 2014
    A HUGE step from G...The game that shall not be named, this game introduces new ways to traverse the map and eliminate foes, this game has definately revived COD and hopefully Treyarch will do something great! Also I have almost prestiged! You may wonder why that is special, well let's just say I didn't get far in ghosts...
  20. Nov 3, 2014
    Haven't finished the campaign yet but it has been fun. The new game mechanics and cinematics are great. How can you not like Kevin Spacey? The multiplayer is new. Not boring like Ghost was. I do think the graphics have been dumbed down though so that the look is not so obviously different on the two consoles. Last year ghost looked much better on ps4. The learning curve may be a littleHaven't finished the campaign yet but it has been fun. The new game mechanics and cinematics are great. How can you not like Kevin Spacey? The multiplayer is new. Not boring like Ghost was. I do think the graphics have been dumbed down though so that the look is not so obviously different on the two consoles. Last year ghost looked much better on ps4. The learning curve may be a little steep for casual gamers which is probably not a great thing. The allure of cod has always been its ease of access for all level of players. The quick scope crowd may not be happy with this game either. The movement of the game doesn't lend itself to the quick scope sniper. Gun balance is ok so far but hard to judge any of that before a few patches. If you are a fan of cod, you will assist and have fun. If you have never played cod, then I'd say pick it up for the campaign and give the multiplayer a try. Over all not a bad game. Expand
  21. Nov 4, 2014
    Best COD in years. The only down point here is the co-op mode. The best thing from many games. Domination mode now is incredible, no more campers. You must run to save the day.
  22. Nov 3, 2014
    Whilst I may just be a fanboy I can't help but think that this must be the best one yet. After the disappointment last year, I really feel that Sledghammer has set the franchise going in the right direction.
  23. Nov 4, 2014
    It's great.
    I liked that part when you was like PEOW and that guy was like BOOM and you were like PEOW PEOW PEOW and that guy was like X.X. 10 outta 10. Buy it.
  24. Nov 3, 2014
    Its probably the best COD since COD4..very fun! but the speed and boosting takes some getting use too and your thumbs will be tested! Its well worth the money! A-
  25. Nov 3, 2014
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is my favorite Call of Duty. Not being a fan of the previous games, I love the sci fi theme this time around. They really implemented the futuristic technology well into the game and atmosphere. Its one of the best futuristic war worlds in a video game. The campaign is also one of the most interesting campaigns for a Call of Duty game. While not being thatCall of Duty: Advanced Warfare is my favorite Call of Duty. Not being a fan of the previous games, I love the sci fi theme this time around. They really implemented the futuristic technology well into the game and atmosphere. Its one of the best futuristic war worlds in a video game. The campaign is also one of the most interesting campaigns for a Call of Duty game. While not being that long or having much depth, the plot remains tense throughout. The graphics in the cutscenes are stunning and the motion capture is the best I've seen. The people look so lifelike. The attention to detail such as their eyes/face/expressions are amazing. The motion capture and realistic character models really bring the camaraderie aspect of the game to life. On the other side, the action is done very well, with lots of things going on the screen at once. Gameplay wise, its a refinement of the series, but if you aren't a fan of the Call of Duty series, this installment won't change your mind as its core mechanics are the same. I'd say give it a shot though, if you like the sci fi theme. Expand
  26. Nov 3, 2014
    Woow, is this really Call of Duty? Loved the game, I just think that they should change the game engine for the next years... Call of Duty Ghosts was so **** but this game is really amazing! Loved the campaign!!!
  27. Nov 3, 2014
    Immersive campaign , great survival mode and excellent multiplayer a must buy if you are a call of duty fan! very big improvements over call of duty ghosts better maps + flow , less camping dorks!
  28. Nov 3, 2014
    From what I've seen so far - I'm impressed. I've written COD off years ago. Foolishly bought ghosts last year but returned it the same day. It was that bad. The weapons in this game have a hefty feel to them. You don't feel like you're shooting nerf guns. The exo abilities don't feel like a gimmicky like I initially thought they would. If you've been disappointed in COD over theFrom what I've seen so far - I'm impressed. I've written COD off years ago. Foolishly bought ghosts last year but returned it the same day. It was that bad. The weapons in this game have a hefty feel to them. You don't feel like you're shooting nerf guns. The exo abilities don't feel like a gimmicky like I initially thought they would. If you've been disappointed in COD over the years like me, at least give this a rent. You could be pleasantly surprised like I am. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2014
    Unexpectedly good game with many fresh elements in gameplay. It have very varied and creative level design. Some levels become bigger and have more ways to destroy enemies. Levels more like crysis 2 levels than previous COD games. And it's a very good thing. Another good thinп is many new weapons as flying grenades or exoskeleton. They make gameplay very different and fresh in comparisonUnexpectedly good game with many fresh elements in gameplay. It have very varied and creative level design. Some levels become bigger and have more ways to destroy enemies. Levels more like crysis 2 levels than previous COD games. And it's a very good thing. Another good thinп is many new weapons as flying grenades or exoskeleton. They make gameplay very different and fresh in comparison with previous games. Graphic (especially lighting) is good.
    Story is traditionally sh*tty, but Kevin Spacey make it more charismatic. Music is very forgettable too.

It is best COD since COD 4 modern warfare with fresh gameplay and updated graphic. It was big surprise for me that new COD is so good. I think every FPS fan must buy this game.
  30. Nov 4, 2014
    Multiplayer Review :

I haven't been a huge fan of Call of Duty for the last few years now, the consistent use of recycling and laziness from the developers left me somewhat irritated. This time around, I'm sort of impressed. Call of Duty's multiplayer aspect during the MW - MW2 era was known for it's run and gun gameplay, it was fast paced, interesting and of course, incredibly fun.
    Multiplayer Review :

Call of Duty's multiplayer aspect during the MW - MW2 era was known for it's run and gun gameplay, it was fast paced, interesting and of course, incredibly fun. Advanced Warfare seems to bring all of those aspects back in to play, and so far, it's been a pretty fun experience. Although nothing truly innovative has made it's way into the gaming world, it's new to the Call of Duty series and it brings in that feeling of freshness that the franchise truly needed.

The gameplay at it's core is fast, fluid and will have you scaling buildings constantly, often fighting the other team to hold a higher point that will allow you to rain death on them. The EXO brings in the ability to of course, jump high and also "boost-strafe". Strafing allows you to effectively get back into cover when taking too much damage, or even hide from a group of enemies that haven't seen you yet, as fast as possible.

The gear isn't anything truly special this time around, simply just different takes on guns that we already know of. Customization makes a return though, although from what it seems, whatever attire you equip your character with will not be seen in any of the game modes you play, only the player lobbies. To be honest, this feels like a backwards step from Ghosts, although you'd never get to see your character, showing off your badass gear in-game would have been great. This may simply just be an issue at the moment and could be patched, I'm not entirely sure.

Maps are well designed, they're fun to traverse and due to them being far less monotone as seen in ghosts, it's easier to spot enemies without the use of something as silly as a thermal hybrid sight.

I haven't been a true fan of Call of Duty for quite some time, although I'd pick them up yearly to play with friends, I'd never truly enjoyed them. This time around, it feels like a fresh experience and once again? Fun to play. The game is by no means perfect, it's not a completely new game whatsoever and is in need of a few tweaks here and there, but it gives the true fans of the series something that they've wanted for a while, freshness.

The game is good, and in my honest opinion, it deserves at least an 8 / 10. Fair play to Sledgehammer Games.
  31. Nov 7, 2014
    Best cod personally in ages. The only real thing that lets it down for me is exo survival, and that some maps are just really really boring. Although alot of the maps are exciting with challenges like tsunami's. The new supply crate thing is amazing and makes you get excited when you get a cool weapon. Over all great game.
  32. Nov 5, 2014
    In my opinion this is the best COD in years. All the maps, the campaign is great and exo suits is awesome!!
    this is truely are next gen game. The multiplayer maps are very outstanding.
  33. Nov 4, 2014
    I literally signed up and reviewed COD:AW 10/10 to counter these idiots that are reviewing 0/10 scores, why Metacritic aren't allowing abuse reports on reviews is anyone's guess.

The game is actually very good, it has pretty much the same FPS feel as any other COD title at it's base so if you didn't enjoy the previous ones you probably won't enjoy this. The single player campaign is like an action movie roller coaster with some really impressive visual treats and neat touches while the multi-player offers a further depth to the previous titles with customizable perks and boost jumping to add to the action. The guns feel punchy and there is a great selection on offer so there is plenty to keep you busy.

All in all a great game.
  34. Nov 5, 2014
    This is the first Call of Duty game that I've bought since Black Ops 1 and I am extremely pleased with my purchase. The story is very engaging and enjoyable. The exo suit brings just enough freshness to the game that it makes it feel like a full standalone game as opposed to a large dlc. The multiplayer is still extremely enjoyable as well but just like most of the games in the franchiseThis is the first Call of Duty game that I've bought since Black Ops 1 and I am extremely pleased with my purchase. The story is very engaging and enjoyable. The exo suit brings just enough freshness to the game that it makes it feel like a full standalone game as opposed to a large dlc. The multiplayer is still extremely enjoyable as well but just like most of the games in the franchise since MW. Maybe I'm enjoying it a lot more since I haven't played a Call of Duty game in 3-4 years but I would truly recommend picking this game up, especially if its been a few years since you last played one. Expand
  35. Jan 19, 2015
    I have to say that trey arch and Activision have out done them selves with this one. Ghosts multiplayer wasn't that impressive, and Blacks 2 multiplayer was amazing, with still a few errors. So practically they fixed what needed to be fixed in those games, and then made there own tremendous changes to the game, such as new weapons, exo abilities, exo-suits etc. Along with that the campaignI have to say that trey arch and Activision have out done them selves with this one. Ghosts multiplayer wasn't that impressive, and Blacks 2 multiplayer was amazing, with still a few errors. So practically they fixed what needed to be fixed in those games, and then made there own tremendous changes to the game, such as new weapons, exo abilities, exo-suits etc. Along with that the campaign is amazing, as well is amazing graphics.

CONS:

-Mild lag
    -The story doesn't flow to well
  36. Nov 13, 2014
    After COD ghosts,I never thought that Call of duty could back to it's golden years.I thought it's over.But when I played the advanced warfare,I was completely blown by it.The multiplayer was very impressive.the story was very good and exciting.and the exo survival was way better than that alien mod in Ghost.The only bad thing about it is that the story is very short.only 4 hours inAfter COD ghosts,I never thought that Call of duty could back to it's golden years.I thought it's over.But when I played the advanced warfare,I was completely blown by it.The multiplayer was very impressive.the story was very good and exciting.and the exo survival was way better than that alien mod in Ghost.The only bad thing about it is that the story is very short.only 4 hours in required to finish it.
    Any way,If you are a Call of duty fan,YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.No matter on what platform
  37. Dec 23, 2014
    Uses Kevin Spacey physics engine 2.0 10/10 .
  38. Feb 8, 2015
    As a first time Call of Duty player I have to admit I really like this game. I've beat the campaign and sunk over 30 hours into online multiplayer and it is a pretty addicting experience. The presentation and attention to detail is absolutely outstanding. So much customization and pretty maps and cool campaign moments that seem drawn from a Michael Bay or Fast and the Furious movie. It'sAs a first time Call of Duty player I have to admit I really like this game. I've beat the campaign and sunk over 30 hours into online multiplayer and it is a pretty addicting experience. The presentation and attention to detail is absolutely outstanding. So much customization and pretty maps and cool campaign moments that seem drawn from a Michael Bay or Fast and the Furious movie. It's really amazing value for $70.

My only real complaint is that the multiplayer gameplay is very repetitive. It's basically just a twitch shooter where you hope you can react faster than your opponent because whoever shoots first typically gets the kill. It doesn't have the variety that say Halo does with vehicles and different power weapons and actually using map control and strategy to win. It's mostly just run around like a chicken with your head cut off or stay back and camp and pick said headless chickens off as they bunny hop around in the open. Definitely fun but pretty one-dimensional gameplay. It is also incredibly frustrating when people continually manage to sneak up behind you and drop you in half a second before you can even turn around. Kinda cheap. I wish they had proper radar like there is in Halo! That said however, it is still a very fun, high-quality game and a refreshing change of pace for a new player to the series.
  39. QFC
    Nov 3, 2014
    The game play is what you would expect from a CoD game. Silkily smooth movement and great looking texture. The new Exo Ability’s add a much need refresh to the CoD series.

For the People claiming that this game requires no skill are dearly mistaken. While it may have a steep learning curve due to all the new abilities the game is still very fun even when you are getting stomped.

Overall a very good game.
  40. Nov 4, 2014
    Excellent campaign with the appropriate dramatic gravitas. Addictive multiplayer that brings the adrenaline rush feeling missing from so many other shooters.
  41. Nov 3, 2014
    Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

Best COD in a long time. Love the new loot system and rare (professional) / legendary (elite) type items. Adds a cool, unique element to the game. You can tell the negative reviewers have not even given the game or all of its features a chance.
  42. Nov 3, 2014
    Pluses: Nice graphics, good story telling, exo-costumes, fast gameplay, ustimization.
    Minuses: disbalance, ukrainian camo, old engine, no doge, titanfall parody, codaw app.
  43. Nov 3, 2014
    I think people just hate on COD because it is COD. Did any of the negative reviewers even give this game a chance? Why would you buy the early edition if you hate these games so much? I have to believe that the negative reviewers didn't even play the game and are just recycling the typical nonsense they spout in reviews for these games. Trolls ruin user reviews. Some people are justI think people just hate on COD because it is COD. Did any of the negative reviewers even give this game a chance? Why would you buy the early edition if you hate these games so much? I have to believe that the negative reviewers didn't even play the game and are just recycling the typical nonsense they spout in reviews for these games. Trolls ruin user reviews. Some people are just sad.

Oh, btw, this game is phenomenal.
  44. Nov 3, 2014
    Seriously, this is a great Game, is not like any Call of duty before, but still it feels like Call of duty and seriously this is AWESOME, the Multiplayer is Perfect, and campaign is great.

the point is the CoD AW is AWESOME.
  45. Nov 3, 2014
    5.6 ? SURE XD

NICE TRY COD HATERS ; )

This game is fun to play and hard to master. No complain with the multiplayer. It deserves at least a 8. I'm sure that there is a lot of **** I mean, battlefield fan here.
  46. Nov 3, 2014
    Don't listen to the ignorant trolls who are still waiting for there broken games to be fixed or that have nothing better to do. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is legitimately a great game. Solid single player campaign, and the bread and butter multiplayer is the best that it's been in years. In my honest opinion, the best COD since MW2, hands down. Treyarch better be working on somethingDon't listen to the ignorant trolls who are still waiting for there broken games to be fixed or that have nothing better to do. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is legitimately a great game. Solid single player campaign, and the bread and butter multiplayer is the best that it's been in years. In my honest opinion, the best COD since MW2, hands down. Treyarch better be working on something special if they are going to top this. Fantastic job Sledgehammer, already looking forward to the next one. Expand
  47. Nov 3, 2014
    well call of duty advanced warfare is in my books one super badass game, The singleplayer is as expected from a call of duty the voice acting is amazing, sounds/music is mediocre but overall the campaing is really fun! Multiplayer is one of the best if not the best multiplayer expreience that i have had in a cod. the exo suit enhances the fast pace shooter what just is really fun to playwell call of duty advanced warfare is in my books one super badass game, The singleplayer is as expected from a call of duty the voice acting is amazing, sounds/music is mediocre but overall the campaing is really fun! Multiplayer is one of the best if not the best multiplayer expreience that i have had in a cod. the exo suit enhances the fast pace shooter what just is really fun to play and due to all the customisation this multiplayer experience won't get boring after a while! Yea the co-op is a bit off but there are not many people playing the co-op. and if you want some cool co-op stuff in one DLC there will be zombies at least that's what i have heard....

Best cod in Years
  48. Nov 3, 2014
    Honestly the best game since Cod 4. It will take a few matches to get the feeel for the game, but it is fun even when you are doing bad. The single player os gorgeous, you can tell they really put some time into it unlike ghost. This game is a solid 9.
  49. Nov 4, 2014
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is awesome. The story has a few holes in it but the Game itself is beautiful! Artwork 10/10, Game Design 10/10, Story 9/10, Multiplayer 10/10, 9.75/10. Buy it you will have a lot of fun.
  50. Nov 4, 2014
    So once again metacritic proves that the User Score is basically useless for games because haters or fanboys who have never played the game give it 0/10 because they think they are cool for jumping on the bandwagon. I'll give you my honest opinion. CODAW is a blast. It really is. Ghosts was disappointing but fortunately AW shares basically nothing in common. The campaign is fun and varied,So once again metacritic proves that the User Score is basically useless for games because haters or fanboys who have never played the game give it 0/10 because they think they are cool for jumping on the bandwagon. I'll give you my honest opinion. CODAW is a blast. It really is. Ghosts was disappointing but fortunately AW shares basically nothing in common. The campaign is fun and varied, nothing extraodinary as such but it still great. The multi is the funnest since MW2. The jetpacks bring a new dynamic to the gamelay and allow for some hectic 1v1 action. Overall a great game. Don't listen to the hate comments. Play the game for yourself or just don't play it but don't bash it. Expand
  51. Dec 3, 2014
    It's Call of Duty Black Ops II meets Titanfall and it actually works well.

Great game. Way to bounce back from Call of Duty: Ghosts. Let's hope they don't blow it by locking down the content packs to exclusive playlists.
  52. Jan 18, 2015
    The new three-year development cycle granted by Activision makes Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare one of the best chapters of the series in recent years. Although hardly repeat the revolution seen in Modern Warfare trilogy, the game has fresh elements in sufficient quantity to give new life to a franchise that many considered decadent after weak Ghosts.

The use of a less realistic

The use of a less realistic scenario allowed the Sledgehammer create a more fun and varied game, which is much closer to an adventure film with elements of science fiction than a new attempt to recreate "Black Hawk Down". With this, the game can not only explore elements fleeing from reality, as constructs a plot that runs off a bit of some clichés seen in the past.

Perhaps the greatest Advanced Warfare problem is the fact that it is a sequence of a franchise known for its very characteristic formula. Thus, it is hard not to feel that in some instances the studio had to restrict your creativity, since it was not possible to leave out certain elements already known by fans.

However, these little slips do not interfere at all the great work done by Sledgehammer. The title can be considered the true starting point of the series in the new generation of consoles and erase the bitter taste left by his predecessor. Featuring a good mix of familiar elements and new, the title proves that it will take a long time before Call of Duty is no longer a relevant name for the industry.

HATERS GONNA HATE.
  53. Nov 4, 2014
    Alright im going to give this a 10 though i actually think its a 9 simply beacuse of the just plain retarted negative reviews. I mean you got people blasting it for doing different stuff and any number of just stupid complaints. The only ones that were valid is the fact they are using a system that they havent upgraded to crysis but i think thats ok just beacuse the majority of people cantAlright im going to give this a 10 though i actually think its a 9 simply beacuse of the just plain retarted negative reviews. I mean you got people blasting it for doing different stuff and any number of just stupid complaints. The only ones that were valid is the fact they are using a system that they havent upgraded to crysis but i think thats ok just beacuse the majority of people cant play high graphics with it (pc and xbone)

I love the jump pack 3d control and movement really adds to the game and the new wepons are fun as **** it funny to see people **** about the lazer but im getten my s@83 Pushed in trying to use the lazer beacuse its soo hard (slow and slow to react)
  54. Nov 4, 2014
    Wow. Call of Duty is back--big time! This game is absolutely AMAZING. I don't write a lot of reviews, but I had to step up on this one. This is easily one of the best first person shooters ever made, and the best Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2. It's like playing some live action $200 million summer action blockbuster. The graphics are the best I think I have seen on any of the games IWow. Call of Duty is back--big time! This game is absolutely AMAZING. I don't write a lot of reviews, but I had to step up on this one. This is easily one of the best first person shooters ever made, and the best Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2. It's like playing some live action $200 million summer action blockbuster. The graphics are the best I think I have seen on any of the games I have for the Xbox One, even better than Ryse: Son of Rome. The voice acting is phenomenal, with Kevin Spacey doing a great job along with the other actors. The new facial animations and performance capture are so life like it looks like a movie during many of the cut scenes. The action is intense and fun and addictive. The sound effects are hugely improved over past games with the guns and impacts and explosions sounding like you've been dropped into the middle of a live war zone. The weapons and technologies on display are jaw dropping. It's just a phenomenal game and experience. I was really disappointed with Ghosts, and actually would even go as far as saying I pretty much hated that game because it was so formulaic and uninteresting and looked like an Xbox 360 game graphically rather than next gen. Advanced Warfare is a huge return to form for the series and is thrilling and amazing and next gen in every way. What a turn around. Can't recommend it highly enough. Expand
  55. Nov 4, 2014
    For all you out there who like to give 0's to a game, you all are a bunch of morons. If you don't have anything better to do, then by all means. As far as CODaw, i like the game. The MP is really fun. It does take some time to get use to the speed, but after i played for a few hours it was a breeze. I'm sure there will be some issues that need fixed, there always is, but it has ran smoothFor all you out there who like to give 0's to a game, you all are a bunch of morons. If you don't have anything better to do, then by all means. As far as CODaw, i like the game. The MP is really fun. It does take some time to get use to the speed, but after i played for a few hours it was a breeze. I'm sure there will be some issues that need fixed, there always is, but it has ran smooth for me. The campaign is put together really well. It has kept me wanting to play more to see what happens. If you like FPS, then but this game. Don't listen to everybody out there being total morons. It is a fun COD game. Well, worth the money. Expand
  56. Nov 3, 2014
    I told momma I'm staying up late to play this game and BOY HOWDY, I'm sure glad I did. What a golly good time. I'm not really that good at this game (or any game for that matter) and my friends are much better than me (I use "friends" broadly as I don't really have any and, instead, spend most of my time figuring out how to get my next chip fix). Although I have yet to register a kill,I told momma I'm staying up late to play this game and BOY HOWDY, I'm sure glad I did. What a golly good time. I'm not really that good at this game (or any game for that matter) and my friends are much better than me (I use "friends" broadly as I don't really have any and, instead, spend most of my time figuring out how to get my next chip fix). Although I have yet to register a kill, I really enjoy dying and playing with my friends, who I think are all great and envy dearly. Expand
  57. Nov 4, 2014
    The amount of ridiculous over the top **** I've seen in this game just makes it fun. No one let "technological feasibility" get in the way of a cool idea in this game. Kevin Spacey pierces my soul.
  58. Nov 3, 2014
    Most of the trolling comes from scrawny, non-weight lifting, no stem degree degree apartment bums. Same dudes who go on message boards posting "my gf" every 5 seconds b/c he finally got an ugly girl, who nobody wanted, to date him.

The maps are the best in the series. Gun sounds are eh. Graphics are really good and clean. The lag is very minimal (I almost have none it seems, and my connection is only 7mb down), and the exo jets completely change the pacing of the game... for the better. This is my first CoD in 4 years, and it's a pretty good pick up. Best shooter of the year, although that isn't saying much.
  59. Nov 6, 2014
    I buy COD every year for my kids. I'm 37 years old now. I personally play most games on PC in a competitive clan. I stopped playing the most recent (Since WAW) COD Xbox releases after about rank 20 in MP. I do enjoy the SP campaigns though and getting achievements. I bought an XBOX One pretty much just for this COD: AW. I wanted to see if there was physics/controls/graphics improvementsI buy COD every year for my kids. I'm 37 years old now. I personally play most games on PC in a competitive clan. I stopped playing the most recent (Since WAW) COD Xbox releases after about rank 20 in MP. I do enjoy the SP campaigns though and getting achievements. I bought an XBOX One pretty much just for this COD: AW. I wanted to see if there was physics/controls/graphics improvements that would allow me to get back into paying MP on a console. After my first 4 hours of MP I think we have a winner. But here's how I play:

1) Only Hardcore
    2) Only Objective/team based play
    3) Usually with all players muted
    4) I play to win, not for KD

I play my way, and that involves attacking and defending objectives. Being as tactical as possible to help my team, knowing that I'll still get shot in the back regularly, and killed by those who are faster/twitchier than I.

And you know what, I'm having a blast doing it. It has met or exceeded my expectations. I wish the maps were bigger and had less choke points - but otherwise I am very happy. The controller feels great too. Better than PS4 or 360, but still pales in comparison to a keyboard and mouse.
  60. Nov 6, 2014
    Disclaimer: the last CoD I liked was CoD 2 on PC. I despised the original Modern Warfare and all its successive iterations since.

Let's get this out of the way first: the campaign is AWFUL. The same old tired modern-military-shooter awful that we've seen for years now. It is linear, restrictive, has tons of arbitrary fail conditions (you left the combat zone!), no character development, etc. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE CAMPAIGN.

That said, the multiplayer is really fun. It's the first Call of Duty game I've enjoyed enough to purchase since the *original* back in the day on PC. I don't think comparisons to Titanfall really work well; it's more like a mix of Modern Warfare and Unreal Tournament, which is a VERY good thing. In fact, it makes the entire experience feel fresh to me, which is what motivated my purchase.

It's fast paced, more skill based than previous entries, and offers LOTS more freedom to play how you want within levels. It's not the same boring game of peek-a-boo that other games have been in the series, where the entire experience is about who-saw-who-first. There's a lot more viable tactics due to the double jump and boosting abilities. The levels are for the most part very well designed and take advantage of vertical movement well, and this is a big reason the multiplayer is so fun. Lots of games that attempt to do vertical gameplay do it very poorly (rooftop snipers in BF3/4 anyone?), but AW gets it right - better than any shooter since UT 2004.

My only criticism of the multiplayer is that there's no bumper jumper control scheme (left bumper = jump, so you can aim freely while jumping). Seems an odd oversight for a game where it's advantageous to spend as much time in combat in the air dodging around as possible.

I also still don't think this game works well for competitive play. It's a popcorn shooter, but AW happens to be the best popcorn shooter I've played since Battlefield 2.

Co-op modes in here aren't awful, but are too bland and by-the-numbers to be interesting.

I'd give the multiplayer a 9-10, the campaign a 0, and the co-op a 5. Overall an 8, since multiplayer is the most important of those things.
  61. Nov 18, 2014
    Having played every COD release from the beginning, I can honestly say this is the best release to date. The game mechanics, audio, visuals, and excellent customization make this the true play it your way Call of Duty.
  62. Dec 6, 2014
    BEST COD in years. Loved it! The single player is excellent, haven't had a chance to try much multiplayer. Of what I played seems really strong as well.
  63. Dec 8, 2014
    This year's CoD is an excellent addition to the great roster of the series, as it finally brings along the technological level, we were owed by Ghosts last year. Together with some innovations in the gameplay recipe, they make it feel fresh for the seventh annual version (and 15th overall) of the seires. Hopefully every part of the series can diversify itself like that. The productionThis year's CoD is an excellent addition to the great roster of the series, as it finally brings along the technological level, we were owed by Ghosts last year. Together with some innovations in the gameplay recipe, they make it feel fresh for the seventh annual version (and 15th overall) of the seires. Hopefully every part of the series can diversify itself like that. The production values are enormous and the non-stop action is always there along with the background (levels) change on every leve that the veterans will expect.

The excellent cutscenes, Kevin Spacey, the "ok" script and the multiplayer bring together a CoD game that all online players, FPS lovers and fans of the series should check out. This is the best iteration of CoD after Modern Warfare 2.
  64. Jan 15, 2015
    top kek u **** are fuking gay fur pleying this pece of shet lol everybody nows that candy crush saga on ios is 1000000000000x better than this fuking inbred pece of fuking rubbish. at lest ios has notable chrctrs in veido gaem histry leik teh angry burds lel fuking queers i bet u suk asian sony diks lol fuking rasists.
  65. Nov 9, 2014
    Loved the campaign and thought it provided exactly the kind of narrative that the series needed. While the multiplayer may be considered the same old, the new mechanics have made this a great game to get into.
  66. Nov 8, 2014
    I'm going to be fair and give it an 8. Its insanely fun on Xbox One. Also I haven't bought a CoD game at launch since MW2 and the newest one I've played is Black Ops, so its been a while. It feels fresh because I dont' buy the game every year. I haven't finished the campaign, but to me, its just a weapons and controls demo to get you used to things before jumping into multiplayer. Its tooI'm going to be fair and give it an 8. Its insanely fun on Xbox One. Also I haven't bought a CoD game at launch since MW2 and the newest one I've played is Black Ops, so its been a while. It feels fresh because I dont' buy the game every year. I haven't finished the campaign, but to me, its just a weapons and controls demo to get you used to things before jumping into multiplayer. Its too restrictive and linear. You have to stay on the path. For some reason, the HUD on your gun that tells you how much ammo you have isn't in multiplayer, which is wierd because its pretty cool, especially since I'm a Halo fan.

For multiplayer, I have to say its the second most fun Call of Duty game ever made. You can jump really high and the maps are designed around that. The level design is colorful, modern and excellent. I see some instant classics already. They're all small maps, which is what CoD is good at - arena style infantry combat. The perks are good and balanced. The weapons are also balanced, however, there aren't nearly as many to choose from like previous games. This is the first CoD game that has no noob tube problem. I have not once been hit with a grenade launcher. Sniping is quickscope only - bummer. Also the hit markers are too friendly. In Battlefield you actually have to hit the guy to kill him. It seems in this game as long as the gun is pointed in their general direction, its good enough. The game modes are mostly there. I miss demolition, but Search and Rescue is where I'm always at. Unlike Search and Destroy, you get a second chance if a teammate claims your dog tag before they do. The real reason I bought this game is because I bought BF4 recently and since the game has been out a year, everyone has leveled up and I'm going up against them. I'm good at Battlefield, but I never stood a chance. So I bought the new Call of Duty game and love it. Its fun, addicting and I can't stop playing it. Nothing will beat MW2's multiplayer in my opinion. It took CoD 4 and built so much on top of it. So many guns, maps, perks, killstreaks, and combos. Advanced Warfare might be better. Only time will tell. So far there's less BS such as one man army noob tubers and people boosting for nukes (I did that. It was more fun than playing because you had to find a secret spot on the map). As far as the maps go, there's not much secret spots. High Rise was really good about this, but with the way you can move, the maps work very well with your new abilities. However we need more vertical maps. This game's gameplay demands it.
    Advanced Warfare has the level design mix between Halo and Star Wars Battlefront in terms of design, Titanfall's maneuvering/ jumping abilities, Halo's duel wielding and armor abilities, and of course the Call of Duty gameplay. To me it feels like Black Ops. They even have the emblem maker. SMGs and carbines rule the maps. LMGs will get you killed. This is the most fast-paced shooter ever. Its CoD on adderall. Is it worth the money? Yes. I haven't had this much fun since MW2. Sorry if this review sounds wierd. Its 2 in the morning and I'm just rambling. To me this is a fair review. Its not original in any way. In fact they stole a lot of stuff and ideas from other games, but its FUN! and thats what matters the most.
  67. Nov 4, 2014
    With the addition of the Exo-Suit Advanced Warfare is a big change and for the better it’s made the multiplayer a more fast and fluid arena of combat with a mix of traditional Call of Duty gameplay with a mix of verticality. Advanced Warfare’s campaign follows suite with great performances from actors like Kevin Spacey and Troy Baker who bring their characters performances to life withWith the addition of the Exo-Suit Advanced Warfare is a big change and for the better it’s made the multiplayer a more fast and fluid arena of combat with a mix of traditional Call of Duty gameplay with a mix of verticality. Advanced Warfare’s campaign follows suite with great performances from actors like Kevin Spacey and Troy Baker who bring their characters performances to life with some of the best character and facial animations yet. This is a Call of Duty game like no other but retains its strengths that make it a Call of Duty. Expand
  68. Nov 8, 2014
    Absolutely love the new EXO SUiTS!!!!! I've been having a blast boosting around the playground!
    I bought the ATLAS PRO copy of the game. Sledgehammer did an excellent job.
    I bought the ATLAS PRO copy of the game. Sledgehammer did an excellent job.

It's Call of Duty the way it should be. The weapons are smooth and finally the sniper riffles are a lot easier to use. I seriously buy games to have fun not experience real-to-life mechanics of weapons. Gameplay is fast and furious.

Campaign mode offers crisp graphical experience. You're basically a mercenary contractor.

Survival mode pits you against waves of combatants in round based combat. You have 2 machines to upgrade skills between levels.

If you get the ATLAS PRO EDITION, you receive some neat items to show off with. The real value is the Season Pass!

Meteoritic needs to identify junior reviewer by some sort of designator. Maybe a number beside their names of how many games they've reviewed. I normally click on peoples aliases and investigate their reviews. Most the negatives are from first time reviewers.
  69. Dec 22, 2014
    Modern Warfare 2 was the last awesome Call of Duty game. That was 5 years ago. All the other games after that have been garbage. Black Ops 2 signaled a sliver of new hope for the franchise, but not much. Then, that was completely wiped away by the utter catastrophe that Ghosts was. However, seeing the new footage for Advanced Warfare before the release got me pretty excited. Call of DutyModern Warfare 2 was the last awesome Call of Duty game. That was 5 years ago. All the other games after that have been garbage. Black Ops 2 signaled a sliver of new hope for the franchise, but not much. Then, that was completely wiped away by the utter catastrophe that Ghosts was. However, seeing the new footage for Advanced Warfare before the release got me pretty excited. Call of Duty was being taken in a whole new direction for the better. What does the fate of CoD look like now? Pretty damn positive, actually. And I'm a guy that's not even a fan of CoD. Let's start with the campaign, which pretty much means we're starting with the negative. Even with the new things brought to the table, such as the new innovative story with Kevin Spacey playing a role (HELLS YEAAAAHHH!!!) and new Exo abilities, the campaign trips and falls on its face. I found the story to be generic and nearly identical to other CoD storylines. The gameplay is probably the best of the CoD campaigns, but that isn't saying much. Even with Kevin Spacey playing a role, the campaign just doesn't hold up. These days, I don't even know WHY I play CoD campaigns anymore. The co-op mode is quite dull, too. Look, CoD developers: if you're not going to put in a Zombies mode, don't put in co-op at all (yes, I know they're putting in a Zombies DLC mode, and yes, I definitely want to play it, BUT IT PISSES ME OFF THAT IT'S DLC). Now, though, we get to the reason to really play this game: the multiplayer. Advanced Warfare's multiplayer is the best since MW2. With the new Exo suit abilities, the multiplayer gains a new verticality, similar to Titanfall. You can double jump to high places, and dash left or right or forward or backward to dodge your enemies. I loved these abilities, and it feels more fast-paced than ever in CoD. The gun selection is pretty good, but the perks are same-old, same-old. The game is actually a lot more addictive than past games because you always know there's something to unlock around the corner. The customizing of your own multiplayer character was presented in Ghosts, and it was pretty lame. Here, however, it's sick. For the most part, this game is fairly balanced, though CoD still has the tendency to piss me off. Advanced Warfare is a light in the tunnel for this fading franchise. Expand
  70. Dec 3, 2014
    Call Of Duty is back. After the last 2 disappointing COD games Advanced Warfare is here and I must say I am enjoying it way more than I thought I would. The online is amazing as it has been in the past in COD games. The leveling and rewards that you can get are a great addition. They brought back some of the same great game modes and added some new good ones as well. The graphics areCall Of Duty is back. After the last 2 disappointing COD games Advanced Warfare is here and I must say I am enjoying it way more than I thought I would. The online is amazing as it has been in the past in COD games. The leveling and rewards that you can get are a great addition. They brought back some of the same great game modes and added some new good ones as well. The graphics are better than ever especially with the next gen consoles. Story mode is also very good and is very entertaining to play. A lot of people hate on COD games but this is a good game and the best COD in years. Expand
  71. Dec 1, 2014
    This so-called "Call of Duty", It's pretty much same, like any other CoD franchise, but for some reason, Sledgehammer improve the game with Tom Cruise, Edge of Tommorow inspiration. The game multiplayer was sucks (because I hate PC gamers). The gameplay is still the same, the EXO suit was quite amazing, the story, SHORT... It's not the best FPS, but a good FPS...
  72. Dec 16, 2014
    Let me start by saying this a review of the multiplayer only.

I loved the campaign despite its flaws but that is not what I want to talk about. Secondly let me be honest, I love Cod a lot ! So I guess I am Biased, however, I hated ghosts and I was getting bored with the fact that they did nothing new, well let me say I as a long term fan I am very satisfied. I really am fed up of
    Let me start by saying this a review of the multiplayer only.

I really am fed up of the titan fall comparisons though (btw I liked that game too as I gave it 9 out of 10) Just because they both include the ability to double jump it doesn’t mean that they are at all similar. The amount of options in AW is massive, you can really fine tune your classes and strategies down to a ridiculous degree and there are tons of combinations of gear and perks that allow you to cater to your own play style.

I have to Say I love the movement mechanics, the double jump is snappy and easy to use and the boosting is a gift from the gods in terms of twitch reaction shooting. I love to play aggressively with an SMG and the new movement mechanics really allow you to take an aggressive close quarters style of play to the next level.

Then there is the map design which is fantastic! The new verticality is integrated expertly in to the existing cod style of map design and adds a whole new dimension to proceedings whilst maintaining everything about classic cod map design that has worked for years. Also the verticality finally makes the distinction between assault rifles and Smgs feel far more pronounced. Gone are the days of players fighting over the only few spots on a map that provide good sightlines because there are now so many places for you to take advantage of the increased range of the assault rifles.

My point is that playing with an Smg feels completely different to playing with an assault rifle and the maps are able to incorporate different areas that cater to different weapons and play styles very effectively. Of course if you hate Cod this isn’t going to change your mind but if you loved cod but felt it was getting a bit stale this will reinvigorate the game for you. The best thing that can be said about it is that it incorporates everything that players love about the game whilst adding in a ton of extra features and tactical options due to great movement mechanics and excellent map design.

It doesn’t feel like any other game except cod. It still plays like cod. It still feels like cod, but, it has enough fresh elements to make it an extremely rewarding experience for the returning cod player.

I cant say it enough I **** love this game!!!! Titanfall was fun but lacked the depth to really keep me returning, AW adds new elements but retains the silky smooth fast paced cod style.

I guarantee I will still be playing this six months from now unlocking camos and challenges and still finding new combinations of weapons and equipment and different tactics to exploit.

10 out of 10 The memory of ghosts is already vanishing!!
  73. Nov 9, 2014
    COD needed a refresh, and AW brings it.....somewhat, the future setting is good, the exo suit is a refresh, the story is OK, but the online feels all the same, but the graphics and try at something different makes it a worthwhile purchase but I really found the online the same old. 8/10

Pros - great graphics, refreshed feel, Kevin spacey. Cons - boring online, short story, and have

Pros - great graphics, refreshed feel, Kevin spacey.

Cons - boring online, short story, and have to purchase the season pass to get zombies
  74. Nov 4, 2014
    This the first call of duty since MW2 that i play longer then three hours in a row.
    Finally they've change the cod series. Since Activision started to milk the game dry.

the single player is like a Hollywood movie that's the only reason why i brought the games after Black ops 1.
  75. Nov 10, 2014
    This game is quite a bit of fun.

This game is quite a bit of fun.

The single player campaign was a good time, Although I actually found the storey just average, with some occasional eye rolling motion capture acting and bad lines. The action of the campaign made up for it. Some of the missions were significant fun and varied. I could tell that they were trying hard to make a good single player experience. I would have preferred to have a bit more freedom on some of the levels. I also enjoyed the new features provided by the exo suit.

In multi-player, the exo suit does change a lot, I found the game significantly faster. I found the speed of play and movement made this game much more difficult than previous version incarnations to maintain a decent k/d ratio. Not only is it faster but you and other players have significantly more movement options and now also have worry about the vertical plane with people bouncing across rooftops as well as on the ground. The multi-player is fast and fun but takes some time to get used to the new additions. I like the pick 13 system for the create a class. The map design is great. I like all of the maps and each map have some great features and are fun to move around in.

They should have kept "Squads" from Ghosts. The one major thing COD: Ghosts did correctly was Squads. It was a good place for new players, Much better then the Combat readiness program in this game, as new players in ghosts could select the type of play they wanted and use their normal load outs from multi-player as well as continue to earn exp for their playtime. Squads also had a Horde mode called Safeguard that is the same as the Exo-survival mode in Advanced warfare but allowed up to Six players and not just four, The squads version also allowed you to earn exp for your normal multiplayer character. I play a lot of split screen with my wife and kids, With ghosts they really enjoys the squad mode as they were able to earn Exp and build a character in a multiplayer online co-op mode. In Advanced warfare, you get the horde mode with fewer options as well as the combat readiness program, that seems like a waste of time as neither count towards a character. It seems odd that Activision would take these features away.

Lack of Special play mode with basic game. Previous versions have had a special mode, like Zombies or Extinction. This game does not have one of these modes. Although I have heard it will be available as dlc it unlike previous versions doesn't come with the original game.

Although a lot of fun, with some really good steps forward, Advanced warfare seems to also take away the little extra value that other editions seems to provide so it can sell it to you as dlc latter. This is a trend that many games have unfortunately.

I still will give this game an 8 out of ten due to how much fun it is to play, Could it be better, yes. Could the story be better, yes. Could the acting be better, yes. Could they have added in more extras that previous versions of COD have had, yes. And they should have done all of these things but the end result is the game is still a lot of fun to play. It is different enough that if you are a arcade shooter fan, I would recommend getting this game. The map designs are also really really good. The graphic are also extremely good.
  76. Nov 9, 2014
    This game is super fun. They went back to basics with building loadouts and unlocking weapons, and it really paid off. Ignore the people who automatically pan the game because its COD and its not hardcore and its not gaming and yada yada yada.

This game is a ton of fun and the exoskeleton breaths new life into the combat. It feels new while still being familiar and I've had a blast with this game so far.
  77. Nov 21, 2014
    I wasn't going to buy this after the disappointment of Ghosts, but have borrowed from my cousin and am very impressed. The campaign game seem fine, although I never much bother with the single player as play purely multi-player. So, with regard to the multi-player, this is great and a real positive change to anything in recent COD's. For a start the games runs smoothly and I have notI wasn't going to buy this after the disappointment of Ghosts, but have borrowed from my cousin and am very impressed. The campaign game seem fine, although I never much bother with the single player as play purely multi-player. So, with regard to the multi-player, this is great and a real positive change to anything in recent COD's. For a start the games runs smoothly and I have not experienced any lag or glitches. I haven't got through all the weapons yet, but so far the look and feel is good and shooting has quite a raw and realistic feel (compared to some other COD games). I wasn't sure before about the idea of all that jumping around, especially as I have already played a lot of Titanfall and was concerned it would be a bit 'samey'. That being said it works really well and adds a different dimension to the maps and how the game pays. Importantly, it seems to encourage movement and the only campers I came across were those I shot from above or landed behind :-)

So all in all a great game, which I will now buy my own copy of! Not sure if quite a 10, but given it full points to counter some of the trolls who seem to be scoring it a zero for no reason other than they are anti the COD franchise.
  78. Nov 6, 2014
    (I'd actually place this game around an 8.5, but there are not half scores on this site. I went with the 8 rather than the 9, since this title does trend similar ground as it's predecessors.)

Following the disappointing Ghosts, Advanced Warfare marks a return to form for the Call of Duty series. Campaign - While the majority of my time thus far has been spent in mult-iplayer, what I

Campaign - While the majority of my time thus far has been spent in mult-iplayer, what I have played from the campaign has been enjoyable, and a clear step up from recent COD titles.
    The game looks gorgeous visually, and the character performances allow you to become immersed in what has been, for the first few hours, a coherent narrative. The "Advanced Warfare" also helps keep missions fresh, providing new toys to play with and experiences that aren't exactly identical to previous COD's. The only issue I've had thus far is with the quick time events. The prompts are so small you can miss them if you are drawn in to the action around you, which causes you to replay a section.

Multiplayer - Fortunately this game builds off the multi-player from Black Ops2 and acts as if Ghosts never existed. This means the game has went back to the more traditional and addictive ways of unlocking items and completing challenges.
    Some new features include the ability to modify score-streaks, a pick 13 system (instead of 10) and supply drops. The supply drops could have been an issue, since they are random, if it was the only way to unlock equipment, but instead they just add to the experience since they provide new apparel and modified versions of weapons that you can receive simply be leveling up.
    The game also returns old modes while providing new as well, Uplink. Really there is something for everyone. Don't like the exo-suit? There is a classic playlist that allows you to play without it. However, that may be a mistake since the suit does open the game up and changes the dynamic of the entire experience. It provides a sense of experimentation and wonderment that has largely been absent from the series since the initial Modern Warfare.
    The main negative at the moment has been lag and connectivity issues. This can be a major problem in a game like this, but it also is the first week, so such issues are not unexpected. It is worth monitoring how this is addressed or if it stabilizes here in the near future.

COD may not be the thinking-man's tactical first-person-shooter, but what Advanced Warfare does is bring the fun back to the series. And really, isn't that what you are looking for when you purchase and play a Call of Duty title?
  79. Nov 4, 2014
    There is a lot of great innovation in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. I agree with other users that the movement feels more fluid. I wasn't a fan of COD: Ghosts (although I only played it on a 360.) Excellent and Fun campaign with an award winning actor, Kevin Spacey. I'm having a lot of fun with this game!
  80. Nov 12, 2014
    A cinematic summer blockbuster spectacular delivered in videogame form. Call of Duty Advance Warfare advances the action of the game just enough to inject something new and fun while still maintaining the familiarity of the Call of Duty franchise.

WHAT THE GAME DOES WELL COD has always done a nice job of making fast paced video game action feel so gritty and realistic (Says the man

WHAT THE GAME DOES WELL
    COD has always done a nice job of making fast paced video game action feel so gritty and realistic (Says the man whom the closest I ever came to a battlefield was one of those boring Civil War reenactments my Dad made me go to). Even in the parts of the game where you are essentially battling as or against a killer robot it maintains a certain level of realism, as weird as that sounds.

My favorite parts of the game is when you get to play with the futuristic technology that we imagine militaries possessing someday. There really is no feeling quite like the one when you are operating weapons that will one day be designed by the brightest minds in the scientific field for the sole purpose of making it easier to kill more people faster. It does kind of make you think we are heading for a bleak and depressing future, but meanwhile in the present it makes for one hell of a video game!

Best looking game I’ve played so far on Xbox One. The motion capture looks awesome and if they could only make the facial expressions feel a little less stiff, it would look pretty close to the real deal. I also know that this statement will make me look stupid in not too many years from now as the graphics keep improving to the point where we will basically be looking at a real human someday.

Advanced warfare is another great example of where it is better to have the campaign be short and compelling rather than adding in hours of filler gameplay just for the sake of getting a longer game. Each of Advance Warfare’s level are well thought out and add something to a very enjoyable and exciting action movie-esque story.

WHAT THE GAME DOES EVEN BETTER
    Kevin Spacey is an American Treasure that gives a great performance in this game solely because he is incapable of not giving great performances. He is very much prone to overacting (which is pretty much the only kind of acting he does these days), but Kevin Spacey overacting is still an achievement that must be experienced at all times and in all forms. I want to see him continue to be motioned captured into even more video games, even when it doesn’t make sense.

WHAT THE GAME COULD HAVE IMPROVED
    I was kind of hoping for better and more exciting gameplay. By no means is the gameplay dull or limited, but Titanfall has just done the futuristic warfare angle better so far. Titanfall made me feel more like an innovative and unstoppable killing machine then I got from this game. COD will just have to settle for second place this year in that specific category.

Call Of Duty multiplayer and I just do not get along. I’m not that good at multiplayer in general, as I would describe my overall ability as “average.” With COD though I would say my abilities would be better classified as “I suck.” It seems like whenever I start playing it usually ends with people I don’t know complaining about how I’m repeatedly holding the team back. Since I don’t (usually) like getting ridiculed by strangers on-line, I don’t end up getting that much replay value with COD games.

OVERALL
    As someone that pretty much plays Call of Duty for the campaign and just dabbles with the multiplayer I’m not really getting into the full Advance Warfare experience. However, just the campaign is enough reason to play the game, because even though it is short, it is still very well done. I ended up playing through the campaign twice, so even without getting into multiplayer I still feel like I got my money’s worth.
    8.5/10
  81. Nov 29, 2014
    I was very surprised! Graphics were amazing, gameplay was solid, and the exo suits fit the game well. The worst part of the game was probably the sounds as the guns sounded the same as popcorn being microwaved. The story was good but not great and the multiplayer is AMAZING. Exo Survival is pointless and dull. Overall, definitely worth the price!
  82. Nov 4, 2014
    A breath of fresh air into the series

Now, I've not been a fan of the series since MW3, it just seemed to be the same rinse and repeat year in year out after that. I tried Ghosts last year and it was probably the worst Call of duty game I have ever played. Advanced warfare however, seems like a breath of fresh air. The whole Exo abilities online adds a whole new dimension to the
    A breath of fresh air into the series

Advanced warfare however, seems like a breath of fresh air. The whole Exo abilities online adds a whole new dimension to the game, you don't just worry about people coming around corners. You have to worry about whats coming from above. The exo abilities makes online fast paced and so far from my experiences, has really cut out a lot of camping because it is near enough impossible.
    If you prefer the old style online without exo abilities, there are classic playlists just for you.

I've only played a few missions of the campaign, but I have already been blown away by the quality of it. The amount of detail in game and in cut scenes really pulls you into the story. Its not a campaign where you play a few missions and think meh I'm going to go play online instead. It's a campaign that actually makes you want to play it.

GET THIS GAME
  83. Nov 4, 2014
    New innovation in a series that has gone stale. the mechanics of duty is there but the exo have created a fresh game for long time fans and new fans alike. the gun play is great and the character customization has many options available. the mp I'd great and the campaign is definitely worth the play through. don't pay mind to the reviewers who are terrible at the game and giving theseNew innovation in a series that has gone stale. the mechanics of duty is there but the exo have created a fresh game for long time fans and new fans alike. the gun play is great and the character customization has many options available. the mp I'd great and the campaign is definitely worth the play through. don't pay mind to the reviewers who are terrible at the game and giving these 0/10 scores...they're mad that camping isn't as easy as the previous installments. you can tell who the salty ones are... Expand
  84. Nov 5, 2014
    THSI IS DA REAL DEAL!!!! TEH B3ST GAM3 EVEY!! THIS IS COD:AW!!!! I'VE WAITED FOR YEARS FOR THIS. BEFORE I WAZ IN DA FAZE, I ALWAYS PLAYZ COD4:MW WHNE IZ WAZ A LITTKE SKRUB I THOUGH IT WAZ DA BEST GAME EVERZ IT WAS SO REALZ (2REALZ4ME) AND DA GRAPHIZS WERE SO REAL (0NLY ON DA XB0X) BUT THIS GAME BLOW THOSE LITTLE SKRUBS OUT DA PARK!!! UNLKIE 0THERZ GAM3S!! THIS GAM3 SHOW DA TRUE FEELS TEHTHSI IS DA REAL DEAL!!!! TEH B3ST GAM3 EVEY!! THIS IS COD:AW!!!! I'VE WAITED FOR YEARS FOR THIS. BEFORE I WAZ IN DA FAZE, I ALWAYS PLAYZ COD4:MW WHNE IZ WAZ A LITTKE SKRUB I THOUGH IT WAZ DA BEST GAME EVERZ IT WAS SO REALZ (2REALZ4ME) AND DA GRAPHIZS WERE SO REAL (0NLY ON DA XB0X) BUT THIS GAME BLOW THOSE LITTLE SKRUBS OUT DA PARK!!! UNLKIE 0THERZ GAM3S!! THIS GAM3 SHOW DA TRUE FEELS TEH COD FAMILY CARE AB0UT USZ!!!! UNLKIE P0LSTATI0N ITZ CAM RUNZ AT 60FPS ON X0B0X 1NE!!!! THIZ GAM3 IS S00 REALZ (0NCE MORE 2REALZ4ME) I SH0t A MAN ADN HEZ SCREEM THATZ REALZ NPC RIGHT THERE(YOUR MOV3Z PHONY)!!! TH1S GAM3 REALLY MADZ ME CRY(*CRY EVERTIM*)!!! DA ONLY PROBLM IS DIS GAM3 SHOULD ONLZ B3 4 XB0X!! SORRY FaZeClanz MEMEBRZ BUTTT IM TAKZING OFFSET A P0INT(SORRY M8E)!!!! B3ST GAM3 OF DA DECADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  85. Nov 5, 2014
    Best Call of Duty in years so fun infected is a lot more action packed actually the game is action packed it self and graphics are better guns are cooler camos are a lot more awesome looking. My only problem is the Co-op right now but I feel it is going to get a lot better with the DLCs and the zombie DLC(s). My conclusion BEST GAME EVER
  86. Nov 11, 2014
    I don't know what i was expecting coming in but it's the best COD since black ops in my opinion. Yet I'm not as impressed as I used to be with call of duty. The campaign is brilliant and long but as they have always done left the story without a satisfying ending. It's still worth a play or two, The multiplayer is pretty awesome with some pretty unique maps.As the user will find out, theI don't know what i was expecting coming in but it's the best COD since black ops in my opinion. Yet I'm not as impressed as I used to be with call of duty. The campaign is brilliant and long but as they have always done left the story without a satisfying ending. It's still worth a play or two, The multiplayer is pretty awesome with some pretty unique maps.As the user will find out, the game does give out some good weapons early on as you level up. I'm hoping that I also didn't waste money on this season pass because I'm a big fan of COD zombies so I hope when the first DLC comes out it's as awesome as it's been. They do need to include more maps in the next DLC for multiplayer(than 4 in the past) but I have faith in them. Hope it turns out right with this game. its worth it if u like cod at all. Expand
  87. Nov 15, 2014
    Call of Duty Ghost wasn't that great and I think we could all agree with that..but Cod AW is a fantastic game ,they have hit a home run

The campaign is great with a captivating story line and it is really really fun .Although a bit short..I expected a bit more for the ending but it were still great I don't have to say alot about multiplayer other than..they have done it!Great!

I don't have to say alot about multiplayer other than..they have done it!Great!

This is definitely a must have game!
  88. Nov 15, 2014
    I don't get why people say it's bad it's different from the repetitive gameplay of the original games so it's an amazing game and If you love different games from the original get it
  89. Nov 15, 2014
    Love Love Love this game. Soooo much better than Ghosts in every aspect. It's funny how people complain if COD is too much of the same and when they switch it up then its too much of a departure. Hey people, quit yer **** The weapons have great balance, the pace is faster which comes close to eliminating campers and the visuals are the best they have ever been. If I had to buy it allLove Love Love this game. Soooo much better than Ghosts in every aspect. It's funny how people complain if COD is too much of the same and when they switch it up then its too much of a departure. Hey people, quit yer **** The weapons have great balance, the pace is faster which comes close to eliminating campers and the visuals are the best they have ever been. If I had to buy it all over again I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Expand
  90. Nov 15, 2014
    Alright so while this game is not perfect, it's not worth the 0 some people seem to be giving it. You can't just go completely negative when there is so much to the game they just ignore and throw it down the drain. This game IS GOOD, and YOU WILL HAVE FUN WITH IT. The one thing you have to account for is yes, it is a call of duty game, yes it has some COD mechanics NO IT IS NOT LIKE EVERYAlright so while this game is not perfect, it's not worth the 0 some people seem to be giving it. You can't just go completely negative when there is so much to the game they just ignore and throw it down the drain. This game IS GOOD, and YOU WILL HAVE FUN WITH IT. The one thing you have to account for is yes, it is a call of duty game, yes it has some COD mechanics NO IT IS NOT LIKE EVERY OTHER CALL OF DUTY GAMES, AND NO THE GRAPHICS ARE NOT TERRIBLE! They run in 1080p with beautiful character models and guns. While some of the exo abilities aren't as cool as some people may think they are still very fresh to the game, yes they could've been better, no they're not perfect. But they are still good, and add something new to the series. With new customization and guns and the eco survival it just adds so much to the game it's amazing. Now, like I said. It's still COD, if you hate COD you may not want to buy this at 60$, it's still worth picking up no matter what you're opinion is but I would wait for a price drop. Look guys, it's a good game, and a good premise, and yes while the campaign is predictable it is still entertaining and I found lots of surprising exploration and things to just DO in the levels. You'll like this game trust me. No it's not golden. But it's much more than just "solid". This game is an 8.5, I rated it higher to cancel out some of those zero's people have put, REAL VERDICT; 8.5. BUY THIS GAME AND FINISH IT. Expand
  91. Nov 18, 2014
    Dang, you cod haters are annoying as hell. 10/10 saoighawiongoiawejfipehrgioweifjaeirjgoeorgfiosdhguaewoifjaerhguoefjibiohaeigniofjiughoirhoajgooidsjg
  92. Apr 6, 2015
    One of the best "Call of Duty" games ever made. I don't care if it's like a mixture of Crysis and Titanfall, all I care about is how the game plays and looks, this game definitely passes both of these. I cant believe I'm saying this about COD and I've always hated COD ever since cod 4, I love this new COD and it should be one of the rare good games that came out in 2014.
  93. Nov 25, 2014
    I'm going to say it but... This is one of the most fun and actually enjoyable CODS I've played. After last years disappointing ghosts I really hoped Sledgehammer would turn it around and set the franchise In the right direction again. Boy, it did that alright. The campaign has been dubbed as one of the best, which, I, Still haven't got round to playing due to all the multiplayer action I'mI'm going to say it but... This is one of the most fun and actually enjoyable CODS I've played. After last years disappointing ghosts I really hoped Sledgehammer would turn it around and set the franchise In the right direction again. Boy, it did that alright. The campaign has been dubbed as one of the best, which, I, Still haven't got round to playing due to all the multiplayer action I'm enjoying. Everything about the game is right. I love that feeling when you get a supply drop and feel like a total boss if you bag something pretty boastful. The multiplayer has to be one of the best It's ever been. The gameplay and graphics are outstanding, and the game runs so fluid.. It's beautiful. It really is a true next gen shooter and I'm really excited to see what Sledgehammer can do to now improve on this even more. I have a few negatives such as kill cams. I feel this is a problem every year and even though its been improved a little, I always sometimes wondering how has that guy killed me even though I'm behind cover?! My only other fault is the frustration when you shoot someone first and then out of nowhere (No RKO pun intended) he just kills you. If sledgehammer could get those faults, or at least kill cams correct, Call of duty is only going to get better and better. This years there is really good competition between Battlefield Hardline and Call of duty: Advanced warfare. In theory you won't be getitng bored when it comes to FPS game, that's for sure Expand
  94. Dec 28, 2014
    superior to the previous 'Ghosts' (which doesn't take a lot) this is a very fun Call of Duty and my personal favorite since Black Ops. We get a fun story to play, innovated multiplayer and a cool new exo-survival game mode. But it's Keven Spacey that really makes this game what it is.
  95. Nov 26, 2014
    To all the players that think Call of Duty has gotten old, I encourage you to play this game. The campaign has been significantly improved, with a few small story elements that are a minor disappointment . The multiplayer is fantastic, with the speed of the gameplay increased and the level of fun increased as well. AS of writing this review there is some balancing needed to be done on theTo all the players that think Call of Duty has gotten old, I encourage you to play this game. The campaign has been significantly improved, with a few small story elements that are a minor disappointment . The multiplayer is fantastic, with the speed of the gameplay increased and the level of fun increased as well. AS of writing this review there is some balancing needed to be done on the weapons, namely the smgs, but all in all it is a great experience. The co-op is the one downfall of the game, it isn't original, and most of the time it gets boring. As of writing this review the zombie co-op mode has not been released yet, but I am hopeful for the future. I have put nearly 25 hours into the game and I love it! I suggest playing it before buying it, but I know it won't be disappointing. Expand
  96. Dec 5, 2014
    the multiplayer is my favorite.using the new exo to kill everyone so quickly.just use weapons like IMR,AK12,or the BAL27 with a silencer,hybrid sight,and grip.I have improved so much and l keep getting over 20 kills with these weapons.Theres just one thing wrong though,WHERES THE FAST MAG.i mean come on,what kind of call of duty does not let u reload faster.And l know they put the dual magthe multiplayer is my favorite.using the new exo to kill everyone so quickly.just use weapons like IMR,AK12,or the BAL27 with a silencer,hybrid sight,and grip.I have improved so much and l keep getting over 20 kills with these weapons.Theres just one thing wrong though,WHERES THE FAST MAG.i mean come on,what kind of call of duty does not let u reload faster.And l know they put the dual mag in it but its not for every weapon, nice try copying treyarch, sledgehammer. Expand
  97. Dec 9, 2014
    Classic 'Call of Duty' with a dash of Halo: Reach and a pinch of Titanfall. First off: the classic Call of Duty fans should know that this game does include a 'classic' playlist online which excludes any of the new exo abilities, that being said, I think this game keeps a nice balance of old and new to keep a good median of the fans pleased. Like any other Call of Duty game, yes, it doesClassic 'Call of Duty' with a dash of Halo: Reach and a pinch of Titanfall. First off: the classic Call of Duty fans should know that this game does include a 'classic' playlist online which excludes any of the new exo abilities, that being said, I think this game keeps a nice balance of old and new to keep a good median of the fans pleased. Like any other Call of Duty game, yes, it does feel like that same thing that we get year after year with not a lot of new things being brought to the table. The game does bring the use of the 'exo suits' in which give the game that feeling of Titanfall pilot play being able to double jump and turn invisible. At first the gun selection felt very weak, but once you realize that you earn different and better variations of each gun as you progress adds a new sense of accomplishment and loot. Other than the addition of the exo suits (which give you the ability to double jump, hover, and a number of other futuristic abilities) it really is the same old Call of Duty. The fact that they brought back my personally loved 'Infection' mode was a huge plus being it's been absent since Modern Warfare 3. I think most multiplayer fans will be happy since they have playlists to suit just about everyone's wants, plus it brings back the fun of custom emblems that I know I missed the most when Ghosts was launched. As far as the story goes, I can say this is the first campaign in the Call of Duty series that I got into really easily and I think it really is mostly because of the character they built for Kevin Spacey. It really does have the same linear missions that they always have been, but Spacey does bring that cinematic feel to it that makes it feel like something other than the same old predicable story lines these games have always been. In all; the game is what it is, just another entry in the Call of Duty lineup that will never end, but it did change it up enough from those before it to make it fun again without feeling like you are just playing the same game from last year. These games always lack real variety, but really, when all you are doing is: spawning, shooting, dying and repeating there isn't a lot of variety to be had but at least it's different enough from those before it that it does make it fun again. I know for a lot of people these games are guilty pleasures because you don't want people to know that all you do is play the same 8 maps over and over killing mouthy 12 year old boys, well, this latest entry really is guilty pleasure worth even though not a lot has really changed over the span of the past 5 entries. So, a hit in points because it's the same old thing, but still a high score for bringing future to the table without making it a 'Halo' game with spaceships, lasers and aliens... oh wait, they do have lasers. What most people need to understand is that it's not the game itself that makes the online play for most people enjoyable, but more the people playing it who take the time to find ways to exploit and even cheat by controlling your spawn points and camping them out; those people will always be around to ruin the fun of those that are just playing to have a good time. Expand
  98. Dec 9, 2014
    I think this game is amazing. It uses the next gen to the max, and the exo suits are amazing. I love jumping around the map, and when I play with my friends, they love it. I can't wait for DLC. Thanks Sledgehammer games! I don't get why people hate on this game so much. It is actually really fun, but you have to get used to it.
  99. Dec 12, 2014
    I beat the campaign on Veteran and and on my 3rd Prestige in MP. This is a great game. Actually, it is the best game in the CoD series, without a doubt. I hear many people complaining about lag, but all I can say is that even with a 5MB down/1MB up connection, I have experienced absolutely no lag unless the game was preparing to change hosts. And so far, of my hundreds of games online,I beat the campaign on Veteran and and on my 3rd Prestige in MP. This is a great game. Actually, it is the best game in the CoD series, without a doubt. I hear many people complaining about lag, but all I can say is that even with a 5MB down/1MB up connection, I have experienced absolutely no lag unless the game was preparing to change hosts. And so far, of my hundreds of games online, it has only done this a handful of times. Sledgehammer brought their A-Game with Advanced Warfare. Expand
  100. Jan 8, 2015
    I understand that this game was meant for online multiplayer gaming. That portion is fantastic and historically, the COD games have always lived up to the hype about it. It seems like they spent a whole lot of money developing the campaign, what with hiring and using Kevin Spacey's likeness, so I would have figured the campaign would have been longer and more in depth. Cool story, but itI understand that this game was meant for online multiplayer gaming. That portion is fantastic and historically, the COD games have always lived up to the hype about it. It seems like they spent a whole lot of money developing the campaign, what with hiring and using Kevin Spacey's likeness, so I would have figured the campaign would have been longer and more in depth. Cool story, but it was too short. Offline exo survival mode is sub-par. Add some more single player stuff. As much as I absolutely LOVE online PvP, sometimes it's nice to take a break and just shoot up some AI. Make that better, but this game was overall great. Expand

1. Dec 9, 2014
    If you play Call Of Duty online all year round then Christmas has officially come early. But if you’re a sucker for the ludicrous, globe-trotting, re-skinned James Bond adventures that constitute these games in single player, you’ve picked the perfect year in which to take a twelve-month break.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Dec 6, 2014
    Advanced Warfare is still Call of Duty, but it's more playful, knowing and refreshing than COD's been in years. [Christmas 2014, p.112]
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2014
    In many ways, the game is the perfect distillation of the franchise's core appeal. But it's still just Call of Duty, don't expect it to revolutionize the industry. [Issue#118, p.61]