tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Oct 23, 2018
    There’s a huge amount of nostalgia present in Chronus Arc and both the visuals and sound design were perfect in my opinion. Some of the mechanics that are present in the game have been implemented really well which in turn does make the game fun from time to time. I enjoyed most of the puzzles in the game because they were designed well and they never seemed to get me frustrated at all.There’s a huge amount of nostalgia present in Chronus Arc and both the visuals and sound design were perfect in my opinion. Some of the mechanics that are present in the game have been implemented really well which in turn does make the game fun from time to time. I enjoyed most of the puzzles in the game because they were designed well and they never seemed to get me frustrated at all. The story was a little disappointing because it failed to keep me interested due to the basic dialogue. Unfortunately the game lacks in terms of variety which means it gets repetetive and slightly tedious quite quickly. I wanted to be able to connect with the game’s characters more but there wasn’t anything that really stood out within the characters, which was a shame. The enemies and turn-based style are solid for the most part but fighting the same enemies and using the same moves time and time again gets boring very quickly. All in all Chronus Arc was a game that had stirred up quite a bit of interest within me and that was mainly because it just screamed retro. From the visuals to the sound design I just had nostalgia running through me, but unfortunately these nostalgic moments don’t last very long and in the end you start to see that the game has quite a few shortcomings. Some shortcomings are worse than others but they all combine together which does hold the game back quite considerably. When I play an RPG I always expect a decent and interesting story filled with lots of interesting and unique characters, but unfortunately Chronus Arc is very basic here and it failed to hold my attention most of the time. I also expect an RPG to have plenty of variety as well but once again this game failed in this aspect. This is a shame because some of the mechanics and puzzles have been implemented really well and this does make the game fun from time to time. Unfortunately though the fun doesn’t last for very long and this is what I ultimately remember in the end which means Chronus Arc doesn’t do enough to get a recommendation from me. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 1, 2018
    Regrettably, Chronus Arc can easily be considered a cash grab by a company who believes in the quantity of games rather than the quality. Chronus Arc was first released in 2013, and unlike a good wine, it doesn't get better with age. It's unfortunate that an anemic story that had tremendous potential got overshadowed by numerous setbacks and problems which make the already short gameplay an even less entertaining experience. When you start factoring in the recycled audio that you'll hear constantly due to your need to grind, the desire to even finish the game feels like a waste of time.
  2. Oct 26, 2018
    Both the combat and class system are solid additions to the genre, but the balancing and questionable design choices hold it back from fully reaching its potential.