4.1

1. May 8, 2018
    I love games that offer you an interesting and somewhat unique adventure compared to other games in the genre, and that’s exactly what City of Brass delivers to you. From the moment I first saw City of Brass I was eager to play it and I did have high expectations for the game and thankfully the developers reached my expectations and they got most aspects spot on. If you like challengingI love games that offer you an interesting and somewhat unique adventure compared to other games in the genre, and that’s exactly what City of Brass delivers to you. From the moment I first saw City of Brass I was eager to play it and I did have high expectations for the game and thankfully the developers reached my expectations and they got most aspects spot on. If you like challenging and rewarding gameplay then City of Brass will be right up your alley. Some people may find it difficult at the start but if you ride it out you will find it to become easier as you get more powerful. I would suggest though to play this game in short bursts because the gameplay isn’t blessed with lots of variety so things do start to become repetetive after a bit. Thankfully though the game does have variety in other areas and I especially found this to be the case when it came to the level design. Each level feels completely different and no two playthroughs are the same, which in turn gives the game quite a bit of replayability. The enemies you face also have quite a bit of variety and tackling them never gets boring so you will return to this game time and time again. Returning to the game time and time again isn’t a problem because in terms of content the game has quite a bit for you to get to grips with and you definitely get value for your money. Whilst the combat in the game is pretty good I did find it to be a little too simplistic at times and I would’ve loved to have been able to do more moves. I can see why they didn’t include more moves though and that’s mainly down to the controls. The controls in the game haven’t been implemented perfectly and you will notice that they don’t always remain responsive throughout your time with the game, but it’s not a huge problem and I’m sure a small patch will sort this problem. Without a doubt one of my favourite things about this game is the presentation side of the game. Visually the game can look absolutely stunning at times and the Arabian Nights theme works so well and delivers in pretty much all areas. The sound design also works really well and it does a very good job of placing you in an immersive adventure. At the end of the day if you’re looking for a dungeon crawler that offers you something different then you will definitely love what City of Brass has to offer. Niggling problems aside this game is definitely one of my most favourite games so far this year and despite me having big expectations for the game it still surprised me because I didn’t think it would be as good as it was and I didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Expand
  2. Jan 17, 2019
    Uma mistura de Bioshock com ambientação de Prince of persia, não sabia o que esperar, só sabia que se tratava de um jogo dos mesmos criadores da minha franquia favorita.
    Tive uma impressão ruim de inicio por não tem muito de que bioshock possuía em relação a história e personagens, algo que é quase que inexistente nesse jogo, mas o design do jogo é confortável e o desafio das conquistas me prenderam, foi uma ótima experiência, um dos meus favoritos.

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jun 23, 2018
    Fun for a while, but difficult, repetitive and marred by the controls. [July 2018, p.82]
  2. Jun 6, 2018
    City of Brass is a perfect platform for gamers that enjoy speed running and adrenaline chasing, but it is also a great experience for the less dedicated that just want to run around and eventually say they overcame something momentous. While it isn’t for everyone, City of Brass has taken an old-ish genre that few think about anymore and turned it into gold.
  3. May 22, 2018
    City of Brass gives you no reason to play through it multiple times, and frankly very little reason to play through it the first time.