4.9

1. Jun 17, 2019
    Contra Anniversary Collection is exploding with content for any fan of the classic series. In terms of content the game has a 10 games from the series for you to play and when you factor in the price you definitely get great value for the price of admission. The Contra series is legendary, and I played the games back in the day and I can honestly say its just as fun as it was then as I'veContra Anniversary Collection is exploding with content for any fan of the classic series. In terms of content the game has a 10 games from the series for you to play and when you factor in the price you definitely get great value for the price of admission. The Contra series is legendary, and I played the games back in the day and I can honestly say its just as fun as it was then as I've forgotten most of the techniques I used back then to tackle these classic games. The newly released Contra Anniversary Collection is as good as the recent Castlevania Anniversary Collection and a nice prelude to the new contra game coming in a couple months time. Playing through each of the games in this collection then was very fun and quite nostalgic for me, as in my opinion these games have stood the test of time and each one of them has been emulated perfectly. The Bonus Book is once more present in the 3rd release of the Konami Anniversary collections, and a nice option indeed as a behind the scenes look at the making of these iconic games. You'll find yourself returning to the Contra Anniversary Collection time and time again to master each game. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never played a game in this franchise either because this collection is both accessible to veterans and newcomers alike which is a nice touch to these recent collections by Konami. It has been overwhelming to see Konami releasing these classic games because they each bring back a ton of fond memories and it doesn’t cost much to experience them or revisit them from the days of past. Recommending Contra Anniversary Collection is very easy to do because despite the duplicate games from other regions, I’m sure there’s something here for almost anyone to enjoy. I truly feel any classic collection is a must have for every gaming fan of iconic games from long time great companies like Konami. Metal Gear collection anyone? Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Jan 10, 2020
    The Contra Anniversary Collection isn't perfect — the omission of Contra 4 and Contra ReBirth is a disappointment, and more save states per game would have been nice — but it is a solid collection of quality games at an attractive $20 price point to boot.
  2. Jul 23, 2019
    Other than feeling bad about my lack of skill with the Contra series, I love this collection. I have zero nostalgia for any of these titles and they are still fantastic (if not incredibly hard). With the update that added the Japanese versions of the games I think this is a crazy bundle to pass up. Co-op, seven unique games, and plenty of challenge wrapped up into one collection. Do not skip.
  3. Jun 21, 2019
    When it comes to Konami’s seminal franchises there is no mistake that Contra is perhaps their finest hour, and this latest retro compilation proves this as fact once and for all. Contra Anniversary Collection brings back the most timelessly sublime and pristine 2D action games to modern platforms, just in time for a much deserved and overdue celebration.