7.0

1. Aug 30, 2019
    Compelling story, with many hidden details and great humor.
    Combat is fun and it gest more and more entertaining as you unlock new powers.
    Jesse is a very relatable character.
  2. Aug 30, 2019
    I love this game! The atmosphere of the game is amazing. You can really get immersed in the world.
    - Graphics to this game look fantastic, even on low settings
    - Weapons feel good, shoot good, and make you feel powerful with each shot. Also includes bullet speed, and one-shot headshots
  3. Aug 31, 2019
    This game was simply awesome , enjoyed every waking moment ! What more do you want than full on telekinesis!#amazing
  4. Sep 1, 2019
    Control runs the best on the Xbox One X but unfortunately on the PS4 PRO and especially the PS4 it runs horrible
  5. Sep 2, 2019
    Wonderfull game, having tons of fun, pretty good story, very atmospheric and stylish, love Jesse. Solid gameplay, maybe little repetitive.
    Has some problems with optimization.
  6. Sep 6, 2019
    Gran juego que te permite usar telekinesis con una protagonista femenina muy interesante con personajes importantes de talla internacional de magistral de este gran juego con habilidades de comunicación y liderazgo en la campaña mejor hecha desde Alan Wake y Quela
  7. Sep 20, 2019
    Awesome fun game. Plenty to do and figure out. Challenging and action packed with plenty of story to keep things interesting.
  8. Sep 11, 2019
    Control has been showed by Remedy, as their last game Quantum Break felt completely new and different and when I found out that their newest game simply called Control featured that same style I was very eager to get my hands soon time with it. Thankfully it’s brilliant as well. In fact Control can be considered Remedy’s best games to date which is no small feat considering they haveControl has been showed by Remedy, as their last game Quantum Break felt completely new and different and when I found out that their newest game simply called Control featured that same style I was very eager to get my hands soon time with it. Thankfully it’s brilliant as well. In fact Control can be considered Remedy’s best games to date which is no small feat considering they have produced franchises such as Max Payne and Alan Wake and neither of those were slouches either. Control is one of those games that never lets go from start to finish and you’ll definitely feel a great sense of satisfaction because the gameplay is interesting featuring a style that feels much more polished this time around. A lot and each little intricate part seems to combine together almost flawlessly. Something that does combine together perfectly though are the visuals and audio. There’s a huge amount of detail included in both aspects and for me it’s some of the best visual and audio work I’ve ever experienced because I hadn’t been this immersed in such a long time. The immersion didn’t stop there either because the story is breathtakingly brilliant from start to finish and when you factor in the amazing visuals and audio as well you fall in love with Control almost immediately. It’s absolutely brilliant with plenty of variety present in a number of different areas. As I said earlier it features the same gameplay style that was present in Quantum Break and whilst the gameplay was decent in that game I found Control to be much more refined. Learning each ability is worthwhile then and progressing through the different environments always felt rewarding because there always seemed to be something new to find or destroy so to speak. Control was one of my most anticipated games of the year and after playing it it’s now one of my most favourite games of the year. I can’t recommend it enough because even though it isn’t absolutely perfect it features uniqueness in all areas and with a story and presentation that’s simply amazing you’ll find it very difficult to put this game down and you’ll also find it very difficult to forget about it long after completion. Remedy's critically acclaimed action-adventure game Control will receive new content very soon! These updates will include a photo mode, a new game mode and two full expansions. The first, The Foundation, will delve into the very depths of the oldest house, while the second expansion, AWE, will introduce Jesse Faden to the Investigations Sector and the mysteries within! Set in a unique and ever-changing world that juxtaposes our familiar reality with the strange and unexplainable, Control is a third-person action-adventure game combining Remedy’s trademark gunplay with supernatural abilities. Expand
  9. Aug 27, 2019
    Amazing game, one of the best in 2019. Story and atmosphere keep you interested through the game. So sad that people are rating this 0-2 even there is no big problems, kids just want to protest and downvote. Definitely worth to buy and let also others to know about this game!
  10. Aug 27, 2019
    amazing game. on OneX is amazing.
    beautiful graphics, really interesting atmosphere full of mysteries and references. it feels like playing Fringe.
  11. Aug 27, 2019
    Remedy proves once again that they are one of the best studios in the industry

+ Great Visuals and Effects + Immersive Story + Addictive Game-play + Soundtrack (and music from Poets of the Fall) Is awesome. - Lip sync and animations in some of the conversations (cut-scenes) are little bit bland, and it sometimes seems that side characters are much better looking than the main
    Remedy proves once again that they are one of the best studios in the industry

+ Great Visuals and Effects
    + Immersive Story
    + Addictive Game-play
    + Soundtrack (and music from Poets of the Fall) Is awesome.

sometimes seems that side characters are much better looking than the main character.
    - Small frame-rate issues in big fights, likely will be fixed
  12. Aug 27, 2019
    Very high quality action game. Unique story and excellent game mechanics. Beautiful graphics! XBOX is working very fluently with the game!
  13. Aug 30, 2019
    Nice graphics ansmd sound. Great atmosphere. Sometimes severe framedrops in gfx heavy scènes. Hope they will fix this in an update.
  14. Aug 27, 2019
    Awesom new Remedy game. They know how to make strange and interesting games.
  15. Aug 27, 2019
    Game is awesome! Is mysterious triller like Alan Wake but even better. Best game of year 2019 so far.
    Just buy it.
  16. Aug 30, 2019
    The gameplay is a blast! I just wish there were more enemies and powers. The story kept me engaged as well. Definitely try it out!
  17. Sep 1, 2019
    Es un pedazo de juego con una historia muy buena y unos gráficos con unas físicas de infarto, una jugabilidad que engancha de principio a fin, falta algo de pulido en Xbox One X y tiene algún bug, pero no afecta a la experiencia, para mi es muy superior a Quantum Break, no entiendo las malas criticas por parte de los usuarios.
  18. Sep 6, 2019
    First two hours will be really really weird, but the story builds up really well. I have had no frame rate issues on Xbox One X. Really interesting game! Thumbs up for Remedy!

Now give us Alan Wake 2
  19. Sep 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is TRASH, stupid Story, Stupid everything. AWFUL - Avoid like the plague that comes to infect your privates and eats them away slowly. don't even pirate this pilce of garbage. You're just downloading poison onto your HDD. This game never should have happened, VO is awful, story is awful, everything is AWFUL> Expand
  20. Aug 27, 2019
    Great and atmospheric game, but too many freezes on Xbox one and frame drops, sometimes even down to 10 fps and some nasty bugs like map which is broken and can't see where to go and npc's losing animation and standing with arms up.
  21. Aug 28, 2019
    We have been spoiled with 60fps games like DMC5 and Resident evil 2. This 30fps game feels really dated.
  22. Sep 2, 2019
    Control'ьный в голову Remedy?

Control'ьный в голову Remedy?

Многие иронично ругаются на Valve, и на Габена в частности, что тот не знает цифры три. У Remedy всё куда "хуже"! Начиная с винтажного Alan Wake, оба их проекта не получили продолжения, и похоже Control не хочет нарушать традицию. Игра не потеряла в стиле присущем разработчикам, но на этот раз пострадала технически. Кривой липсинк и просадки даже на XBOX ONE X раздражают. Стоит ли оправдывать последнее, если геймеры могут взаимодействовать со всем окружением? Нет! Что и не даёт рекомендовать "Контроль" каждому, однако не спешите выписывать Сёме Лэйку контрольный в голову. Все остальные раздражители — намеренное желание сбить игроков с толку и дезориентировать в пространстве. Ярчайший пример — карта, что ОБЯЗАНА запутывать, ведь сделана она по лекалам ЦРУ времён холодной войны в пяти слоях. "Бессмысленный риск" - скажет большинство, "дотошный подход к мат. части" - единицы! Геймплей, история и подача изменились лишь структурно, оставив суть в пристальном самокопании не тронутой.
  23. Sep 6, 2019
    I've seen a thread where people complain that the game is too difficult, I thought the game was way too easy. All those issues could be solved with a difficulty setting. It's very strange they decided to omit that feature considering Remedy are veterans in game development. Maybe they were over budget. The gameplay starts very strong but never evolves past using your telekinetic abilityI've seen a thread where people complain that the game is too difficult, I thought the game was way too easy. All those issues could be solved with a difficulty setting. It's very strange they decided to omit that feature considering Remedy are veterans in game development. Maybe they were over budget. The gameplay starts very strong but never evolves past using your telekinetic ability (launch) to attack everybody. They created a variety of enemies with different abilities and all of them can be easily dispatched with launch. Of the five guns, one is completely useless and another is useful in rare situations. If you only have five guns in the whole game it would be nice if all of them could be useful and fun. The level design is very well done with metroid type discovery and plenty of hidden secrets. Visually the game is stunning and the animations look very fluid and natural. I can only recommend this game if purchased on sale. Expand
  24. Sep 27, 2019
    Control is an excellent game whose story is told in such a compelling way, that you it urges you to continue playing to find out what will happen next. The collectible items you find throughout the game build the world wonderfully, and I found myself scouring every inch of space looking for more. Combat is well balanced and the alternate modes for the primary weapon, along with the powersControl is an excellent game whose story is told in such a compelling way, that you it urges you to continue playing to find out what will happen next. The collectible items you find throughout the game build the world wonderfully, and I found myself scouring every inch of space looking for more. Combat is well balanced and the alternate modes for the primary weapon, along with the powers you get along the way, enable players to play in a multitude of ways. Upgrades and modifications can also be used to allow you to find your niche.

The sound/music of the game pairs wonderfully through each second of the game, truly immersing you in the experience. The graphics are also stunning and when combined with the aforementioned audio you get a truly astonishing experience. With that being said, I have to deduct a point from my review due to the issues the Xbox One has with loading scenes due to the demand the game requires for running such high end graphics. I have been told that the Xbox One X has minimal issues, and I do not own the game for PS4 or PC.

The game has no micro transactions, but has an in game currency and loot that is acquired by defeating enemies and completing missions. These currencies are used to upgrade abilities and purchase new modifications, and I never felt like any of these were overpriced. The developers have laid out a road map of paid DLC to come out, but at the time of this review they are still being developed, hence I cannot review them. The paid DLC does seem to have a lot of promise though, as two of them help to push the story along after the main events of the base game, and I highly doubt such an esteemed company as Remedy will fail to make the DLC a satisfactory length and experience in regards to price. Another DLC, which I can't remember being paid or not, will come with challenges designed to test the player and the abilities they've learned throughout the game.

Finally, the difficulty of the game cannot be adjusted; however, the game always felt fair and balanced and the times where I did die, the game seemed to make the enemies less competent at aiming, deal less damage, and increase my damage output which alleviated my frustration and allowed me to continue the story. There are optional bosses where the game does not tone down the difficulty from the times I died, but these once again felt fair and balanced. After some attempts, you'll learn what mods to equip, what weapons to use, and with experience you'll beat it.
  25. Sep 7, 2019
    Control is a good 3D Metroidvania with a likable protagonist, an enjoyable setup, interesting setting, and great music. However, it comes across as a somewhat unpolished and will probably peter-out at the halfway mark for most people. The game has a plethora of bugs and performance issues on the base Xbox One. I don't see this game really being fixed on base PS4 or Xbox One. TheControl is a good 3D Metroidvania with a likable protagonist, an enjoyable setup, interesting setting, and great music. However, it comes across as a somewhat unpolished and will probably peter-out at the halfway mark for most people. The game has a plethora of bugs and performance issues on the base Xbox One. I don't see this game really being fixed on base PS4 or Xbox One. The gameplay is awesome and the weapon mod variety has great balance and progression, but the objectives in the game are few and shallow. If the game were one-third shorter it would still feel like some gameplay content is being reused. The Metroidvania elements do create some interesting gameplay encounters but ultimately the small hallways make backtracking through the world a chore. Unfortunately, I found myself using fast travel a lot which is telling of most open-world games with a lot of padding. I won't spoil it but I found the story had a good set up but ultimately goes nowhere leaving the ending feeling unplanned. It's a good concept and I think a director cut with better performance and an alternate ending would be an easy 8/10 and Xbox Scarlett and PS5. Expand
  26. Sep 8, 2019
    Qualidade gráfica e mecânicas da gameplay impressionam. A história é Ok, um pouco confusa e apresentada de forma muito lenta, mas me prendeu até o final.
  27. Sep 12, 2019
    This game is not only gorgeous, but the amazing story is straight Remedy. That studio has so much talent, it's shocking. First game to make me not want to quit playing in a LONG time. Good job Remedy!! I can't wait for the DLC to come and expand the story, as I will take any reason to revisit this crazy, spooky world.
  28. Sep 16, 2019
    Honestly, it pains me to write this down. I love Remedy and the games they have made over the last two decades now. I was part of the minority that actually enjoyed Quantum Break. Unfortunately, Control will be seating at the end of the podium for me. One thing to clear out, the game is beautiful, the light, the physics, the paranoia of wandering in the hallway of a forever changingHonestly, it pains me to write this down. I love Remedy and the games they have made over the last two decades now. I was part of the minority that actually enjoyed Quantum Break. Unfortunately, Control will be seating at the end of the podium for me. One thing to clear out, the game is beautiful, the light, the physics, the paranoia of wandering in the hallway of a forever changing environnement that really put you into a David Lynch nightmare. The big let down for me, the story... I have put 20+ hours in the game and I still do not CARE about what is happening or why do I do what I do. Which is one of the main reason a solo narrative game should be pushing “why should I care”. The characters are flat most of the time dull, completely oblivious about the events surrounding them, most of the time you feel like having a casual conversation with Suzan at the coffee machine behind your cubicle on a Monday morning. The only character that has a minimum of substance would be the janitor (played by Sam Lake I believe), who is colorful and mysterious enough for me to appreciate my encounter with him. But the rest is really dull and boring.

And it pains me because I know how good of a storyteller and worldbuilder Remedy can be. The gameplay is most of the time very satisfying. But the checkpoint system coming straight from the PS2 era is a grind I’m not willing to waste time on. You die, you go back, wayyy back where you started, find the room again, run, fight again and die again to then repeat.

The game doesn’t have a difficulty mode, so most of the time some levels can really, really be grinding. So dying and trying again will be a hell of a routine in this game. To note that the gun you’ll be using doesn’t have much “punch” to it. It doesn’t feel like a special weapon, the shooting moment aren’t that fun or dynamic, what save the fighting moment are the actual powers that you have and will enhance thorough the game.

Now, I understand the critical response the game had, and I truly support the people who love it. I truly believe that my gamer expectation where not satisfied. Won’t be in my top games of 2019, and won’t probably give it another try.
  29. Sep 24, 2019
    Awesome game. Gorgeous style, perfect work with locations and light, great SCP atmosphere, interesting story, mind-blowing destructions of everything. Gameplay simply the best I've seen for a long time. Please, more games like this! So tired from donate-oriented multiplayer no soul games, so Control is fresh breathe out there.
  30. Oct 8, 2019
    Je mets 1 à ce truc pour manque de respect caractérisé du joueur, car il faut le dire, Remedy ne prend pas de pincettes, alors je ne vois pas pourquoi je prendrais des gants au moment d'évaluer ce truc même si dans l'absolu, Control fourmille de bonnes idées et que sur le papier, il a tout d'un grand... jeu.

Ses idées, il est allé les piocher chez Prey et Half-Life notamment pour

Ses idées, il est allé les piocher chez Prey et Half-Life notamment pour proposer quelque chose de vraiment très intrigant et bizarre mais indéniablement dépaysant. Les combats par exemple sont réjouissants en théorie avec ce mélange de télékinésie à outrance et de super flingues ; les niveaux à l'architecture unique sont chiadés et participent à cette ambiance unique. Mais tout ça, c'est en théorie, c'est-à-dire en supposant que cet ensemble sera bien développé, implémenté et mis en pratique... sur le terrain.

Or, en pratique, Control est un chemin de croix, un calvaire permanent... déjà par sa difficulté beaucoup trop souvent en dents de scie, liée à l'absence de soin "normal" ou standard... il faut récupérer les **** pics bleus laissés par les macabés au risque de se prendre une roquette en allant les récupérer. C'est vraiment très con. Pas d'alternative, sinon que de se barrer jusqu'au "point de contrôle" débloqué qui peut être assez loin...

Mais outre ces ennemis décidément costauds et nombreux, outre tous ces sacs à points de vie, c'est la confusion permanente des combats qui font qu'on se fait crever la paillasse. Remedy a toujours été un développeur prétentieux qui passe et repasse plusieurs couches d'effets spéciaux à n'en plus pouvoir de particules, de transparences, de fumée, d'explosions, de flou en veux-tu en voilà avec parfois des pièces mal éclairées ou toutes rouges, ce qui aggrave la confusion ambiante.

C'est que les ennemis nous balancent des machins à la gueule eux aussi et qu'en même temps, on leur balance tant qu'on peut tout ce qu'on trouve sous la main : tous ces objets en rajoutent encore au capharnaüm hallucinant et quasi-épileptogène des combats. A cela, on doit rajouter (encore) les nombreux ralentissements d'un jeu qui ne maintient pas très souvent ses **** 30 im/s.

Alors, quand dans un énième combat où c'est le bordel, on se fait one-shot (et pourquoi donc au fait ?) et que le "point de contrôle" où l'on est téléporté n'est pas tout près (après un long chargement évidemment) on a de la fumée qui sort par les oreilles. Non content de déjà nous casser les couilles avec ce bordel à cul, Control ne permet de sauvegarder qu'aux "points de contrôle" et nous rebalance sans honte les mêmes ennemis sur le chemin. Une zone déjà explorée et nettoyée entraînera elle aussi de nouvelles vagues d'ennemis de toute façon !

A côté de ça, on a des missions secondaires avec des énigmes bidons ou des "alertes" nous demandant d'aller... encore nettoyer une zone qu'on a déjà nettoyée plusieurs fois. Mais putain puisque je te dis qu'il est déjà nickel cet endroit, on peut manger par terre !

Alors, c'est vraiment dommage mais la répétition et les bâtons que Control nous met régulièrement dans les roues font s'effondrer cet ensemble qui semblait prometteur comme un château de cartes, tout ça à cause de mauvais choix systématiques. Prey avait ses lourdeurs bien à lui mais reste à 100 coudées bien au-dessus : on peut (au moins) sauvegarder quand on veut !

Mais je ne vais pas épiloguer outre-mesure, Control est très con et ne mérite que 1. Un point pour les idées en somme, car tout le reste a été foiré au moment de la mise en oeuvre et lorsque ce n'est pas foireux, Remedy fait tout simplement dans le foutage de gueule.
  31. Oct 21, 2019
    make xxx mind lidded MD cod landed did mgk did kindly dmdjdkddnxjkdkdnddjdkdjdkdkfmfk

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Oct 12, 2019
    A stylish shooter that subverts and surprises at every turn. A little glitchy, though. [Issue#182, p.79]
  2. Sep 16, 2019
    Control has that signature Remedy feel to it, from its unique combat to its completely out there narrative, something only Sam Lake could be a part of. Although the story is Control’s strongest asset, it will take a lot of concentration and thought to piece it all together, as I’ve still got many questions even after the credits have rolled. Luckily you can continue Jesse’s journey once completed, allowing you to finish up any sidequests and other activities as we wait on the upcoming DLC that will hopefully answer more questions. Welcome to the FBC Director.
  3. Sep 11, 2019
    Control is Remedy's most daring work. A courageous level design that encourages exploration and limits visual guides is mixed with fierce combat. In the second half, this combate can be somewhat monotonous and repetitive. Its story is neither the best nor is it told in the best way. Quite the opposite of its setting, which seduces the player with shocking scenarios and situations.