5.3

1. Jun 23, 2019
    Still has the same problems as original. If you are going to make a remake why not iron out the kinks? That's completely beyond me. Hit boxes are sh't, slide boost doesn't always activate and rubber band AI is the last thing anybody ever wants in a racing game, be it a serious simulator or a casual kart racer. Your win is determined by the AI's random weapon pick ups. Doesn't matter if youStill has the same problems as original. If you are going to make a remake why not iron out the kinks? That's completely beyond me. Hit boxes are sh't, slide boost doesn't always activate and rubber band AI is the last thing anybody ever wants in a racing game, be it a serious simulator or a casual kart racer. Your win is determined by the AI's random weapon pick ups. Doesn't matter if you do a perfect race with continuous boost chain. If the AI racer behind you gets a good weapon you are going to lose. So you win by pure luck, skill has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Despite of all the problems when played with friends on the same couch, CTR is still the most fun you can have. As a single player experience, it's still sh't like it was back then.
  2. Jul 6, 2019
    Highly Recommended for all New Players, and Old Crash Team Racing Players. Great Remade Story, A 50/50 Good Online Multiplayer, couch CO-OP Split Screen, Easy Controls, Beautiful Maps, It's a Must Buy and a Must Play
  3. Aug 9, 2019
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    More like Micro Transaction Fueled
    I was a playstation kid, but I still managed to never play the original crash team racing So I have going for me what most playing this game don’t… The lack of nostalgia blinding me for what this game ultimately is.. Crash Team Racing is an okay kart racer with greed killing its ultimate fun factor. Im a huge fan of
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    More like Micro Transaction Fueled
    So I have going for me what most playing this game don’t…
    The lack of nostalgia blinding me for what this game ultimately is..
    Im a huge fan of kart racers, im a huge fan of crashbandicoot, so I want into this game wanting to love it..
    Ive heard so many good things about the original, so much so that I bought thep laystation classic version to one day play it, only for months later get smacked with the announcement that rthey are remaking the original much like the crash collection…
    And quite frankly this should’ve been included in that collection, because by itself its not special enough in present day 2019 to justify a standalone release.
    The tracks are boring, the racing is slow, the pick ups are lame, the adventure mode takes a measly 3 hours to complete, and everything is hidden behind a pay wall…
    Kart racers I get are meant to play over and over, do chllenges, unlock characters and skins, but greed got in the way of nitro fueled…
    the tiniest unlockable like a wheel or color scheme takes a ridiculous amount of coin to unlock for how little you earn from completing races… killing the potential hook of racing over and over, doing all of the challenges to get that quick rewarding feeling of progress,Oddly enough this is my biggest gripe with this game..
    I may not have the rose tinted glasses everyone else has, but I can be forgiving when it comes to this game feeling dated… it’s a remake of a 20 year old game… its okay that the control scheme feels unintuitive, its okay that the tracks aren’t spectacular.. because back in the day these tracks were full of life, the control scheme was perfect… its sad to me that the modern day aspects actually take away from the potential greatness of this game.
    I want to earn my characters and gear,
    I don’t want to pay for them, and I don’t want to grind for them.
    But that’s the reality of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.
    Youre rewarded at a slow pace playing a dated kart racer to try and force money from your wallets.
    I don’t have the nostalgia whispering in my ear telling me the sweet lies of this is the greatest kart racer of all time.
    The racing, the tracks, none of it could keep my attention barely long enough to get through the 3 hour campaign let alone grind for hours to get a new paint job.
    There is some positive here though, this is a beautiful remake of a playstation one game, the tracks look beautiful…
    Im so happy that the campaign manages to keep them fresh throughout, rarely repeating aside from boss battles as you prove yourself to be the fastest racer in the world…
    I do wish however you chould change the difficutly settings mid adventure instead of having to start a new one completely…
    Or better yet, have the difficulty of the races increase as the campaign goes on, rather than set every race as either easy medium or hard and deal with that throughout the entire 3 hours.
    This keeps the campaign feeling stale and flat, instead of exciting and challenging.
    I would love to see crash come back with a crash 4, and this team tackle an activision kart racer with the knowledge obtioned by going back and playing with these classics…
    And while doing this.. seeing the flaws, seeing where they can improve instead of pretending they are perfect like everyone else does
    I give Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    a 6/10

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Aug 8, 2019
    An absolutely beautiful recreation of a magnificently designed racer. [Issue#180, p.81]
  2. Jul 16, 2019
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is a beautiful trip back in time. It is also great that PS4 and XB1 owners finally have a truly great kart racer available on their machines. This game is a must-own for anyone that loves these types of games, and for the price it is impossible not to recommend. Just be prepared for the difficulty and remember playing on easy is perfectly fine, and much more enjoyable for that casual romp.
  3. Jul 8, 2019
    I really enjoyed my time with Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, as it brought the original PSone game to life with modern day visuals and sound, and I got to play it on the Xbox One. There is a heck of a lot to do in the game too, so you won’t get through it too quickly, and for completionists out there, you’ll enjoy all that the game has you doing. It’s worth reiterating that the game can be tough, and that is something you’ll have to adjust to, as you memorize the tracks, their shortcuts and all. Don’t let this fact keep you from playing it though, as there is a lot of fun here for those who have not played the game in the past, and for those returning to the world of Crash Team Racing, you’ll be very happy with this remaster too.