8.4

1. Dec 13, 2017
    I'm mixed with this one. I like the gameplay, the bosses, the platforming. Unfortunately, I don't like the sounds, the weird static that appears every level, and the fanbase, if that counts. The biggest issues are the sounds and fanbase. They sound like they were ripped from a low quality sound site, and the compression was just horrible. Music wasn't that good either, The fanbase ended upI'm mixed with this one. I like the gameplay, the bosses, the platforming. Unfortunately, I don't like the sounds, the weird static that appears every level, and the fanbase, if that counts. The biggest issues are the sounds and fanbase. They sound like they were ripped from a low quality sound site, and the compression was just horrible. Music wasn't that good either, The fanbase ended up as crappy as tumblr ever wanted it to be. Overall, I would recommend this game., just don't discover the fanbase. Trust me. I have seen **** Expand
  2. Oct 10, 2017
    Cuphead it's a gourgeous graphic game on a nice mobile platform that's it. I absolutely love the style of the game, and when the game works well it’s a truly rewarding experience that overcomes the seemingly impossible difficulty. Every time I beat a boss I felt re-energized, ready to tackle the next (and there are quite a few of them). But randomness and all too frequent bugs are rottenCuphead it's a gourgeous graphic game on a nice mobile platform that's it. I absolutely love the style of the game, and when the game works well it’s a truly rewarding experience that overcomes the seemingly impossible difficulty. Every time I beat a boss I felt re-energized, ready to tackle the next (and there are quite a few of them). But randomness and all too frequent bugs are rotten apples that spoil what could be a damn near perfect barrel of fruit. Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2017
    Such a great looking game, the visuals and sound design is impeccable. Shame that was all the budget was used for, instead of actually investing in making a fun game. It's pretty to look at, but a chore to actually play.
  4. Jan 2, 2018
    Keyif = 7
    Atmosfer = 10
    Süre = 7
  5. Apr 13, 2018
    Mapeamento de controle ruim,repetição e dificuldade que frusta,tudo aliado a um estilo de arte incrível e personagens carismáticos resulta em um jogo superestimado,possui seu brilho,mas não é para os jogadores que não gostam de se frustar dezenas de horas em uma unica fase.
  6. Sep 29, 2017
    Played it on my girlfriend's XBOne earlier in the day. And while it was fun at first, it just got a bit repetitive by like an hour and a half in and it really didn’t show signs of it changing drastically as it went on. Don’t get me wrong, the art style is the main draw of this game but even then, besides the bosses and those set pieces, the environments just weren’t lively. It may soundPlayed it on my girlfriend's XBOne earlier in the day. And while it was fun at first, it just got a bit repetitive by like an hour and a half in and it really didn’t show signs of it changing drastically as it went on. Don’t get me wrong, the art style is the main draw of this game but even then, besides the bosses and those set pieces, the environments just weren’t lively. It may sound like I am exaggerating but I wholeheartedly believe that Contra 3 has better setpieces, bosses and music. Overall, I was just feeling like the game was okay but not fantastic in anything really. I never really understood the hype around this game to begin with as the 2D side-scrolling shooter hit its apex in the SNES; this game does nothing to reinvent that wheel. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2017
    Good to see games like this make a come back a little bit. Contra anyone? Sunset riders? Metal slug???

Sadly this game is getting far more praise than it deserves. Yeah that kind of classic side scroller shooter is a blast from the past. Yeah it's visuals are kool and kind of new to gaming. But it's just contra again basically... No need to start throwing 10s out there... It's not like this kind of game has never been done before... This really isn't anything new but it's still a good one to check out.
  8. Sep 14, 2019
    From the moment I first saw Cuphead a couple of years ago I was instantly hooked, and to say I was looking forward to it would be a huge understatement.
  9. Feb 5, 2021
    Cuphead appears to be a simple game, that is, until you actually play it. Cuphead is fun, while also being difficult at the same time.
  10. Jul 10, 2020
    Very difficult but the art style with the soundtrack is top class and fits it well.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 72 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 16, 2018
    The unique audiovisual elaborating and uncompromising playability beat a few freckles on the beauty of the game. Cuphead is a title that has mistakes, but you just cannot get it from the head. [Issue#279]
  2. Dec 11, 2017
    For players that appreciate classic run-and-gun combat, punishing difficulty, constantly learning from failure, and breathtaking art, Cuphead’s experience will not disappoint.
  3. games(TM)