tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. May 10, 2018
    Interesting games don’t seem to come along too often nowadays and that’s mainly because we’ve seen most ideas. Death Road to Canada is different though and when the game is in full flow you end up seeing quite a few interesting mechanics and this ultimately means you have a lot of fun along the way. One of the things the game does perfectly is it makes the gameplay extremely addictive.Interesting games don’t seem to come along too often nowadays and that’s mainly because we’ve seen most ideas. Death Road to Canada is different though and when the game is in full flow you end up seeing quite a few interesting mechanics and this ultimately means you have a lot of fun along the way. One of the things the game does perfectly is it makes the gameplay extremely addictive. They do this by creating quick and short playthroughs which is perfect because the game is best enjoyed in short bursts instead of prolonged periods because the style of the game can get a little reptetive. Thankfully I was easily able to look past this because the game offers you a great deal of content for you to get to grips with and this content does contain some variety which does make you return to the game time and time again. You will however have to deal with some difficulty spikes every now and then and the game can become a little too difficult, but the game combats this with a decent array of weapons for you to use. Each weapon feels great and has a number of different attacks so defeating the zombies in the game pretty much felt satisfying the whole way through. This is very important because the main aspect of the game is to defeat these zombies and trust me there are a huge amount for you to defeat. You would expect then for you to get bored with the zombies but that doesn’t happen because the zombies do have variety and some of them require a little bit of thought and strategy to defeat, which is great. Something else I enjoyed about the game is the story that’s present. Don’t get me wrong it isn’t going to win any awards for its writing but I found it to be quite charming and the humour that’s included is actually pretty funny, which in turn keeps things fresh and interesting for a little bit longer. Another thing that keeps things fresh and interesting for longer is the presentation side of things. Without a doubt the presentation elements of the game have a lot of quirky charm flowing through them and this for me makes the game that little bit more enjoyable because the visuals and sound design just give the game that extra edge which is often missing from game’s of this ilk. At the end of the day I love when a new game comes out with interesting ideas because it makes me think that I’ve yet to see all ideas that games can produce. Death Road to Canada doesn’t have too many problems and on the whole the important and interesting mechanics have been done to perfection which in turn means the game gets a massive recommendation from me. Expand

1. Jul 9, 2018
    If you have a couple hours to kill, love zombies, or even have a soft spot in your heart for a certain old classic that killed players with violent diarrhea, then Death Road to Canada should be on your bucket list.
  2. May 11, 2018
    The survival road movie mixes elements of top-down-action, text adventure and resource management and becomes quite interesting very fast. That is until you hit the wall of content repetition that games randomly generated content are infamous for.
  3. May 9, 2018
    Death Road to Canada has eaten up all of my free time — my lunch breaks and evenings have been dedicated to playing just a little more and going on just one more run. While I can understand that the pixel-art style may not be eye-catching and not everyone is a fan of the roguelike genre, it’s such a strong experience that I’d recommend people even vaguely interested get past their first impressions and jump in — that car to Canada isn’t going to drive itself.