7.0

1. Aug 4, 2021
    Death’s Door
    Dark Crows
    Deaths Door is a legend of Zelda like dungeon crawler where you play as a crow, out to reap some souls… infact youre given a target of 3 giant souls to go harvest, but getting to these 3 targets is no easy task… First youre equipped with a sword, you go through this door and youre off on your adventure.. One that is highly skill based, this game is difficult, it
    Death’s Door
    Dark Crows
    One that is highly skill based, this game is difficult, it will test you.. but it’s a fun difficult, it isn’t frustrating.. Deaths Door is highly beatable with patience.. you kill enemies, youl lfind keyholes that you can activate creating a door or a checkpoint, you can go through this door to regain your health as well as spend your collected souls on upgrading you character, making them stronger or faster, youll be going through what feels like convoluted mazes, again collecting souls, throwing switches, youll find seeds that you can plant in these pots to regain health as well, but if you die you restart at the last door you opened.. which thankfully isn’t too far away.. the game does a great job at spacing these doors out and allowing you to unlock shortcuts as you progress souls style.. and thankfully you do keep all of your souls even if you die, you don’t have to go recollect them.. but this game is great, its fast, its fluent, it demands patience, it demands learning enemies and their attack patterns.. never feeling cheap except for one enemy you fight a couple of times… that enemy is garbage and feels almost random.. but other than him, I loved deaths door, I loved climbing through these dungeons, collecting souls, freeing trapped souls, taking down bosses, getting to the games main targets, all of which are filled with such great charm, this is a really great world put together here.. my only gripe with deaths door however is just how in general “linear” has become a word of sin in the games industry and indie teams cant help themselves but make every level of every game feel like a giant overwhelming puzzle and maze.. and deaths door is no exception.. im fine with climbing ladders, figuring out routes, breaking walls, creating shortcuts, collecting keys, unlocking gates, backtrack and do what I have to do.. but when that’s the entire game, its exhausting, its tiring, it discourages me from wanting to press on… I need a break.. give me just one linear section now and then, please.. I have a tiny brain, I cant be doing puzzles and mazes for 10 hours straight, I nearly died myself.
    Jokes aside, Deaths Door is a really special game that deserves your attention, but be warned, there will be moments if youre anything like me, where the game will just throw up on your screen and overwhelm you with all there seems to do to be able to move on.. and a lack of any sort of map doesn’t help in this feeling..
    I give Deaths Door
    an 8/10
  2. Aug 10, 2021
    Beautiful game with really good looking settings, I sometimes get lost in it. My only complaint is the sound will sometimes just get really quiet for some reason in some cases, other than that, nothing really. They really put a lot of work into this, I'm really getting into top down games this year so this was welcome, worth the buy on xbox.
  3. Aug 22, 2021
    Fantastic game - a proper old school video game with great characters and personality.
  4. Oct 13, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hermoso juego y sonidos ,me encanto desde que lo vi en tráiler no me disecciono la compra recomendado Expand
  5. Jul 23, 2021
    one of the best inovative games ever realy cool and fun all around the challenge is well worth it
  6. Aug 2, 2021
    Sorry, this game is just not fun. There's insane input lag, so it takes half a second between the time u push the buttons & the action happens. There's no life refills except for planting seeds that are rare & hidden, which give 1 life refill each. The goal is basically to not get hit until u get further than your previous attempt, which given the bad gameplay isn't easy. Then, if u getSorry, this game is just not fun. There's insane input lag, so it takes half a second between the time u push the buttons & the action happens. There's no life refills except for planting seeds that are rare & hidden, which give 1 life refill each. The goal is basically to not get hit until u get further than your previous attempt, which given the bad gameplay isn't easy. Then, if u get hit & want to start over, there's no quick way to do that there's no point in continuing w only 2 r 3 life points early in the level, so you have to quit the game & start again. It's just not fun, i don't know if all there other people giving 10's are playing the same game i am? The graphics are great & music is ok, i guess, so a 5 is what it deserves, imo. Expand
  7. Jul 27, 2021
    Este um jogo que tem uma mecânica de ataques e chefes diferenciado e uma história legal com vários chefes diferentes e muito legal.
  8. Aug 20, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally loved the game until the final boss fight. There is so much more I want to do in this game that happens after this boss fight and it is endless and repetitive and no fun at all. How is it fun to repeat the same sequence again and again when if you lose any health you might as well start over as there is no possible way to make it through the endless, and I mean ENDLESS levels of the final boss without full health. I don't know at this point if I will get through this boss fight but regardless it has ruined the game for me and drained every bit of fun and charm from the game by choosing to make this boss fight endless. So much that I loved about the game just erased by this torture. If I finish I will not be proud of an accomplishment, just plain mad . 79% of players walked away from your game, is that really what you developers want? Why did you put so much extra stuff to do in the game and then deny us the pleasure of enjoying it? It makes no sense.
    NB. Managed to finish the game and still feel the same. Give me a slow weapon that gives me a little health, anything to lessen the torture of endless repetition
  9. Sep 17, 2021
  10. Jul 26, 2021
    An absolute pleasure to play and an easy GOTY contender

Fluid controls, amazingly designed levels, challenging bosses & a world ready to explore. A must have for Xbox owners and another fantastic game from Devolver Digital
  11. May 2, 2022
    I actually liked the game but I just don't understand why I need to waste my precious gaming time rolling around thousands of more times than I'd need in normal games. Game developers should offer these two options for the players: Do you want to repeat repeat repeat, or do you want to play something new faster so you can also play your other 100 games waiting to be played in your library?I actually liked the game but I just don't understand why I need to waste my precious gaming time rolling around thousands of more times than I'd need in normal games. Game developers should offer these two options for the players: Do you want to repeat repeat repeat, or do you want to play something new faster so you can also play your other 100 games waiting to be played in your library? Not so diffucult right? I can beat souls games but why the wasting time if I dont want to? Expand
  12. Jul 25, 2021
    Un muy buen juego, sobre todo si te gustan los juegos de Zelda, con un acabado artístico muy bonito, y un gameplay muy entretenido.
  13. Jan 29, 2022
    Slicing through enemies and bosses with a crow and a Sith-worthy red sword was a lot of fun. I finished the game after about 8 hours (longer than I thought) and actually got through quite well.

story Deaths Door is an action-adventure from the "bird" perspective. As a soul harvester, you have the task of collecting a wide variety of souls for an authority that is in an afterlife

story

Deaths Door is an action-adventure from the "bird" perspective. As a soul harvester, you have the task of collecting a wide variety of souls for an authority that is in an afterlife state and is intended to ensure order, and you encounter a wide variety of orders. It all starts very easy and increases over time from time to time. There are a few boss fights and also individual mid-bosses that give you the necessary souls to progress further and uncover the whole story about the Lord of the Doors as head of the authority and the soul authority itself. All this is nothing special in terms of story, but has its nice moments (e.g. when life and death are talked about as part of life) and was sufficient as a background.

gameplay

You start with a sword that looks like a lightsaber, bow and arrow. Gradually you unlock more and more skills and also have the opportunity to improve your skills or strength etc. by farming souls from opponents. There are several areas where you can learn new skills after the boss fight (e.g. bomb throwing). The areas are also structured in such a way that in some passages you only get there later, since backtracking through newly learned is part of the game.

I sometimes had problems finding my way quickly without a map, but in the end I always found the way and was able to remember relatively well where I wanted to go again later. Combat-wise the game is classic attack, dodge and try to get as far as you can plant life seeds in a pot which then acts as a health recharge station.

The boss fights themselves were actually relatively eazy but also visually cool. I especially liked the fight against the frog prince. I would have wished for more intermediate bosses here, which were relatively rare. But it was nice that you were sometimes rewarded with optional bosses for searching off the path or with shrine crystals, which e.g. can increase health. Unfortunately I only found 3/4 on my way. The backtracking was motivating overall and slicing through the individual opponents was always fun anyway. Here, too, more variance in the opponents would have been desirable (e.g. more different types of magicians). You could also implement more skills here in another game.
    The final boss fight was a bit tighter, but it was more because I messed up the chain function more than once.

In addition to various abilities, you can also unlock weapons, which all looked cool and had their own playstyle.

presentation

The game is very pretty to look at, has great melodies in the background and overall feels absolutely smooth. A suitable atmosphere, a lot to discover in the areas and different worlds in terms of style. I have nothing to complain about here and didn't have any bugs, glitches or other graphic errors.

Conclusion

I had a lot of fun with Deaths Door and can only recommend it. The game is currently in Gamepass, which is how I played it. 8/10 crows.
  14. Jul 26, 2021
    I was not expecting to like the game as much as I did. It's definitely a must buy.
  15. Mar 18, 2022
    Excellent game with great puzzles and boss fights and fantastic music.
    Control of the character is better on PC.
    This game is definitely worth playing.
  16. Jul 21, 2021
    Great game and it looks awesome, so much fun a zelda like game, I hope to play it one day.
  17. Feb 6, 2022
    I really liked the atmosphere. Good bosses and mini bosses. Didn't expect me to like it so much
  18. Jul 25, 2021
    Great game, with amazing music and decent gameplay. Could have had a better ending and more combat stages, like during the build-up to the second boss fight.
  19. Jul 14, 2022
    Masterpiece. One can clearly see the developers have had good previous experience to build this game. Metroidvania in a sense, but not annoyingly. If you take your time, you can find even hidden elements, which causes great satisfaction (all the times). The balance was found very good for character development, urge to explore more and to hide things just the right distance to go forward.Masterpiece. One can clearly see the developers have had good previous experience to build this game. Metroidvania in a sense, but not annoyingly. If you take your time, you can find even hidden elements, which causes great satisfaction (all the times). The balance was found very good for character development, urge to explore more and to hide things just the right distance to go forward. I am in with ~12 hours already, and keeping going. The graphics was used in many other games (Lara Croft GO, Hitman GO, Monument Valley on mobile front), here it just feels you are playing with miniature figures. Loving all the way it lasts. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 30, 2021
    Happily, Death’s Door, the new action adventure game about a hard-working, soul-reaping crow is very much a love letter to the old Zelda games. Its mechanics are satisfying in a chip-off-the-old block way, its visuals are a delight and its story line is touched with assured, easygoing humor.
  2. Jul 24, 2021
    As a game reviewer, I assumed I was bad at games so how on earth did I find Death's Door to be an unchallenging and somewhat unsatisfying experience? Whatever the reason, it's still a good game and I enjoyed mercilessly slaughtering its unique bosses.
  3. Jul 23, 2021
    Though a short game, there has been so much thought put into Death’s Door. Even Crow’s smallest of movements are so cute and bird-like. I wish there was more because ten hours just isn’t enough! The humor is splendid, and the mysteries waiting to be uncovered are so tantalizing.