tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Mar 31, 2020
    Deep Sky Derelicts: Definitive Edition - A unique mash up of genres that somehow works. Gameplay wise this offers plenty of hours for you to sink your teeth into and with a feature called "procedural generation" for content new different content is generated each playthrough. This game is a Sci-Fi RPG turn based card combat exploration game, that oddly works quite well together. I feltDeep Sky Derelicts: Definitive Edition - A unique mash up of genres that somehow works. Gameplay wise this offers plenty of hours for you to sink your teeth into and with a feature called "procedural generation" for content new different content is generated each playthrough. This game is a Sci-Fi RPG turn based card combat exploration game, that oddly works quite well together. I felt the game needed to explain some things better as I felt suddenly left in the lurch after just minor explanations, while you do eventually figure it out that feeling was a massive detrement to the game along with the dialog on screen can pass before you can fully read it. Visually Deep Sky Derelicts serves us a gloomy futuristic dynostopian comic vibe and pulls it off wonderfully, in fact this is probably what I love most about the game. The controls work as intended, during exploration using just a single button and during combat the lesser used buttons are clearly marked for user ease. However I find the UI rather clumpy and probably could have been made more user friendly. Overall: This I find is a great game but could have been executed a bit more player friendly for those new to this style of game, the hard work and dedication clearly shows. It's short comings made up for visually and with the potential replay value. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 29, 2020
    With a Story and Arena mode along with the two included DLC’s, there’s plenty of content to sink your teeth into if you can get over the cumbersome and confusing menus. Once you learn its intricacies and how to upgrade your characters efficiently, Deep Sky Derelicts: Definitive Edition becomes a much more enjoyable turn based card battler. The writing is well done, combat is incredibly strategic and there’s plenty of depth for anyone looking to be a space mercenary and earn their citizenship while fighting aliens and raiders.
  2. Apr 2, 2020
    Deep Sky Derelicts on Xbox One offers a tough but rewarding RPG with interesting mechanics, but this is sometimes let down by a small level cap and occasionally tedious dungeon crawling.
  3. Mar 30, 2020
    The Definitive Edition of Deep Sky Derelicts doesn't add much to the base game, which remains solid and enjoyable, but very repetitive. Consider it only if you don't mind repetition.