7.7

1. Aug 31, 2018
    I thoroughly enjoyed the story in the game because not only were the characters fantastic but the whole experience was a very interesting affair as well. The combat has an incredible amount of depth to it and each element included in the combat works extremely well and makes it stand out even more.
    There is a huge amount of content for you to get to grips with and this content will no doubt keep you intrigued and satisfied for quite a while. Both the visuals and sound design have been done to perfection and I’m also pleased to say that the technichal side of the game is also perfect as well.
    The multiplayer components in the game work really well and this does give the game even more in terms of replayability. Sometimes the controls tend to be a little awkward and you will find yourself pressing the wrong button every now and then. If can get a little too complicated from time to time and this will cause you to endure a few frustrating moments at times. Does Divinity: Original Sin II – Definitive Edition do enough to get a recommendation from me? All in all I was very pleased to see that this game was making its way to the Xbox One because on PC the game is universally loved and without a doubt I can see Divinity: Original Sin II being loved just as much on the Xbox One now. I will say right from the get go that everything about the console version of this game impressed greatly because there are hardly any issues and everything plays just like it does on the PC. You will however have to get used to the controls because they can be a little awkward at first but when you do get used to them you’re greeted with combat elements that are simply stunning and a story that will keep you invested throughout your time with the game. At the end of the day if you have any interest in the RPG genre then this game is a must own because as far as RPG’s go Divinity: Original Sin II is up there with the very best.
  2. Oct 17, 2018
    I won't even dare to review this game here as it would take me two pages long just to start. I just say go and read about it on the web, review sites, forums, etc. If you like RPG, it just doesn't get any better than this. A truly masterpiece.
  3. Sep 6, 2018
    This is a brilliant and deep rpg game,the turn based gameplay might seem difficult at first for players who love action rpg games but give this game a chance and you will see a game that is made with love from developers that really loves rpg games well done.
  4. SH1
    Aug 10, 2020
    No, it was not good. There is too much trash collection going on. I've spent hours looking for stuff in my inventory and trying to find the right combination of things. I can get paid for doing this and it feels more like work than a computer game. My resolve only lasted until I got to the Reaper's Coast Cave (or whatever it is called) and I forgot why I am there because I have somethingNo, it was not good. There is too much trash collection going on. I've spent hours looking for stuff in my inventory and trying to find the right combination of things. I can get paid for doing this and it feels more like work than a computer game. My resolve only lasted until I got to the Reaper's Coast Cave (or whatever it is called) and I forgot why I am there because I have something like 20 quests active. And you run into weird problems like not speaking to the correct NPC or picking up the right item on the previous map. And let’s not forget the absolutely horrible permanent surprise debuffs, the scum saving, and the fact that saying the wrong thing to the wrong NPC can wipe out hours progress in terms of options later on. Expand
  5. Aug 31, 2018
    Baldur's gate is dead... the new king to live.. an amazing game.. Goty 2018
  6. Sep 1, 2018
    Fantastisk spil!
    God historie, godt gameplay, FANTASTISK SPIL!
    Kan kun anbefalde det!
  7. Sep 1, 2018
    By far the best PC Games of the year and of all time.
    This is a must buy PC Game
  8. Sep 1, 2018
    one of the finest role playing epics of all time.. really it is.. The best game of 2018..
  9. Oct 20, 2018
    I have been playing these types of games for over 30 years and this is the pinnacle of the genre. If you are a fan of RPG's, a fan of a brilliant story, a fan of getting a mental workout, or just a fan of video games....you owe it to yourself and these developers to play this game. I am a completionist when it comes to these types of games and have enjoyed over 130 hours of gameplayI have been playing these types of games for over 30 years and this is the pinnacle of the genre. If you are a fan of RPG's, a fan of a brilliant story, a fan of getting a mental workout, or just a fan of video games....you owe it to yourself and these developers to play this game. I am a completionist when it comes to these types of games and have enjoyed over 130 hours of gameplay without tire or feel of repetition.....and still more game to enjoy. If you take my word for it and get this game based on my review....you are welcome. Expand
  10. Sep 19, 2019
    Another masterpiece from Larian.

This game provided me with dozens of joyful hours played both in co-op and in single-player mode. All mechanics have upgraded and improved: from creating a character that truly represents what you want them to be to the spells & abilities mixing system that enables your creativity in ways I couldn't think of before. And it wouldn't hurt to mention
    Another masterpiece from Larian.

And it wouldn't hurt to mention that this game looks absolutely stellar on One X: everything is crisp and clear with FPS hitting the cap all the time!
  11. Dec 30, 2018
    Simply amazing. If you are a D&D fan this game scratches the itch. Managing characters armor weapons spells etc. Good graphics, engrossing story, plenty to do and find. I thoroughly enjoyed my play through. If you enjoy classic RPG’s this one is a cant miss.
  12. Feb 25, 2019
    This game can be described with one word Perfection ! Game of the year for me !
  13. Sep 4, 2018
    Divinity Original Sin 2 truly perfect game.. This will be remembered as one of the greats..
  14. Feb 9, 2020
    Le tout premier "Original Sin", j'avais déjà trouvé ça extrêmement suspect pour ne pas dire carrément nul à chier... sous bien des aspects... pour ne pas dire tous les aspects à dire vrai.

Pour ce numéro 2 en "edition définitive", j'ai comme eu l'impression que c'était devenu (enfin) un jeu -à défaut de vrai jeu de rôle bien entendu...- un jeu à peu près normal... Or après plusieurs heures, il n'en est rien hélas !

Donc déjà en matière de "rôle"', c'est aussi limité que très dirigiste... et un peu trop souvent bourrin, car ça finit inévitablement en grosses bastons un peu cons, quoi qu'on fasse ou qu'on dise... Ensuite, le combat au tour par tour est victime d'une interface généralement mal faite, laquelle est aussi mal faite en ce qui concerne l'inventaire (séparé pour chaque personnage !) le suivi des quêtes, la carte... presque tout en fait.

L'accent est mis ici -comme dans leur première daube- sur le sol qu'on peut brûler, exploser, empoisonner, électrifier, etc, etc mais là encore, c'est très mal foutu et fort mal aisé à exploiter avec de surcroît une confusion graphique, un bordel inextricable à l'écran lorsque tous ces "effets" sont appliqués... à se demander s'ils ont au moins une fois joué à leur "jeu" pour oser proposer un foutoir pareil !

Mais de toute façon, on se rend vite compte que la difficulté est rapidement hallucinée avec des ennemis bien au dessus de nos persos, bourrés de points de vie, de sorts à n'en plus pouvoir et souvent nombreux avec ça ! c'est putain de n'importe quoi et comme d'habitude, Larian ne sait toujours pas équilibrer ses jeux correctement...

Graphiquement néanmoins, c'est pas trop vilain malgré cette vue aérienne forcément restrictive et peu immersive mais on regrette l'absence de voix françaises, des temps de chargement trop longs et une musique d'ascenseur envahissante (comment, elle n'était pas destinée aux ascenseurs ? au temps pour moi !).

Enfin, le monde lui-même d'Original Sin n'est pas motivant et encore moins intéressant... sa pauvreté d'écriture n'est que le reflet d'un developpeur décidément incapable et incompétent.
  15. Oct 15, 2018
    Divinity: Original Sin II Definitive Edition has hope, but doesn't achieve that potential. It has potential to be the best RPG ever, but it isn't.

The reason it is so bad is because everything feels incredibly rushed and the story seems like it was created by a five year old in a PE class. It's a typical fantasy RPG that doesn't bring anything new and exciting to the subgenre and is

It's a typical fantasy RPG that doesn't bring anything new and exciting to the subgenre and is the sort of game that tries to gobble up your time when you could be playing a GOOD game.

The graphics suck in every way possible and nothing renders in properly even when you are up close. The character models are ripped from smaller indie game development studio's DECENT games and put into this SLOPPY mess.

The gameplay is trash copy-and-paste action sequences which get boring by the 2nd fight sequence. The bosses don't have any backstory, personality or emotional feelings.

I regret every penny spent on this and only got it because people said it was 'PERFECT'. Now that I have played it I see that that's not true because this is HORRIBLE.
  16. Oct 28, 2018
    This game could have been a masterpiece but the 30fps just doesn't cut it in 2018. Even diablo on 360/ps3 targeted 60fps. After playing diablo 3, Path of exile, Victor vran in 60fps this is a stuttering and unresponsive experience.
  17. May 22, 2021
    Baldurs Gate this aint. This is a games jounalist woke wet dream, full of politicl ideals and new age drivel pretending to be a story.
    Boring monotenous trash. Fun for a few hours then becomes a slow redious grind. That fact this game has high scores either means theirs alot of people that quit early or have no lives and meatloaf for brains. Watching paint dry is more stimulating than this " game"
  18. Feb 3, 2021
    Larian are fantastic game makers and this game is a real gem. Very unique and a lot of fun. Highly recommend
  19. Oct 8, 2018
    One of the best turn based RPG games I’ll ever play I believe... amazingly it’s by such a small company.
  20. Sep 16, 2021
    Besides that the pacing is very slow and the speakers have a kind of slang that its difficult to understand only by hearing, the game is 30fps locked on Xbox Series S and the camera-joystick deadzone is too high, so its annoying to play this game.
  21. Jan 24, 2021
    Divinity has a beautiful world with lots of detail.

Vast story lines and characters.

The game is not easy for new comers to the genre .
  22. Dec 17, 2020
    I didn't think a console tactical rpg could be so much fun to play. Sometimes the controls do not require a lot, but playing this title for two on the console is great.
  23. Aug 18, 2021
    This game has some great old-school tabletop gaming decisions to make. Some of it's a little fiddly as well.

Universal acclaim - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 16, 2018
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition is a truly superb RPG experience that delivers a complex but intriguing narrative, some of the most exciting and intelligent turn-based combat I’ve ever encountered, and a shed load of quests to ensure there’s always something to do.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Oct 21, 2018
    A compelling story with a huge amount of player freedom, but overwhelming at points. [Nov 2018, p.93]
  3. Sep 25, 2018
    Larian Studios masterfully rescues the spirit of the RPG giants of yesteryear. A deep game strongly marked by an exciting main plot, which also offers unprecedented freedom in decisions, dialogues and character development. The best that has been created in the RPG genre in recent years.