7.4

1. Mar 22, 2020
    Doom Eternal: The age old and time tested classic returns. For its newest outing. With a different feel and look to Doom 2016 (if I had to put a word on it "Arcadey") this by no means hinders Eternal but pushes it forward and delivers in buckets (of blood and guts). First off the soundtrack is great and quite possibly one of my favourite things about the game. With the heavy music hypingDoom Eternal: The age old and time tested classic returns. For its newest outing. With a different feel and look to Doom 2016 (if I had to put a word on it "Arcadey") this by no means hinders Eternal but pushes it forward and delivers in buckets (of blood and guts). First off the soundtrack is great and quite possibly one of my favourite things about the game. With the heavy music hyping you up and letting you know you're in for (excuse the pun) hell of a time, to the gothic hellish chants upon. The music really sets adds to the immersion factor. That said, as you battle on Earth the dark and heavy feel of the game is momentarily swept away coutsey of a charming sounding female hologram who in her chirpy tone really sells the benefits of a literal Hell on Earth that I found entertaining to listen to and almost willing to invest in due to her confidence and charismatic pitches, but alas demons need brutally slaughtered, so on we push. Visually the game delivers and updates from it's predecessor, with redesigned demons and maps that are detailed and almost picturesque in a hellish sort way. Gameplay is great. The game pits you Humanitys last hope against the hellish demonic legions. Unyielding and relentless in their attack (and that's on easy) leaves you feeling the helplessness of the situation for the Human Race, HOWEVER, you are the slayer, with sickengly well polished and designed mechanics that I'm convinced somebody on the dev team sold their soul, the game may be fustrating and give you the odd game over, however it feels like it was your mistake rather than an op demon or some sort of bug that dammed your soul to the firey depth os satan abyss, loading back in making a few adjustments to your play, be it using another weapon, using more of the given map, using the flamer to get some quick armor or maybe being more liberal with the chainsaw use to get ammo. The game challenges you to play better that gives yoy a sense of accomplishment for pushing through. However I don't feel the journey is over just yet and the unrelenting army of Hell is going to lay quiet for too long. Overall: A must have for any FPS fan, needing intense focus this game won't play nicely with others. Even easy can be a challenge. Expand
  2. Mar 21, 2020
    My Doom Eternal review

Introduction This game is such an improvement since the reboot of doom that was released in 2016. The exploration is better, collectibles and secrets are fun to find and unlock. The sceneries and locations are beautiful to explore and look at whilst the gameplay is the classic rip and tear that intices the lovers like me. Gameplay is fluid at a stable 60fps with no
    My Doom Eternal review

Introduction

This game is such an improvement since the reboot of doom that was released in 2016. The exploration is better, collectibles and secrets are fun to find and unlock. The sceneries and locations are beautiful to explore and look at whilst the gameplay is the classic rip and tear that intices the lovers like me. Gameplay is fluid at a stable 60fps with no slowdown. Glory kill animations are fluid and gory as DOOM can be with variations depending on angle of glory kill. The weakness areas are a cool new thing they added to change up the combat a little. Everything about this game is brilliant.

Story

Without any spoilers the story is absolutely brilliant and doom slayer is bigger and more badass than the previous title. The length of the campaign is at a reasonable length.

To rap this up I can definitely see this being mine and many others goty contenders.

I have no negatives about this game at all so I'm giving the game a full score of 10/10
  3. Mar 22, 2020
    absolutely awesome game it's a power fantasy on steroids! The only thing I didn't like was so small its unreal. Which is when you pick up a new weapon it's in a green sprite texture. I would have preferred how you recieved weapons be similar to doom 2016, but that doesnt even deserve a downgrade to a 9 in comparison to the beast that is this game.
  4. Mar 20, 2020
    This game is truly a goddamn fps masterpiece with almost everything about the gameplay working literally the only thing wrong with the gameplay is unlike 2016 the normal melee does literally nothing and i see a lot of people dying because of this but if this is patched out by the time you are reading this then this game is a literal 10/10
  5. Mar 21, 2020
    One of the best FPS campaigns of this generation, and the best I’ve played since Titanfall 2. It’s a good time to be stuck at home to slay some demons! It’s imperative that you learn how to use the resource management systems for health armor, and ammo. The platforming sections are good, not great. FPS platforming is always a challenge, and ID almost gets it right. The most importantOne of the best FPS campaigns of this generation, and the best I’ve played since Titanfall 2. It’s a good time to be stuck at home to slay some demons! It’s imperative that you learn how to use the resource management systems for health armor, and ammo. The platforming sections are good, not great. FPS platforming is always a challenge, and ID almost gets it right. The most important thing: this game is fun as hell (pun intended)! Expand
  6. Mar 20, 2020
    I haven't been this excited since god of war to review a game. A masterpiece. Best fps in the past 5 years. It doesnt get much better people. Go buy it. Xbox one x.
  7. Mar 21, 2020
    Great game but they added a little too many puzzles and platforms. I loved Doom 2016 simplicity, this want added too many features. Seriously, get rid of all that COD crap.
  8. Mar 21, 2020
    Incredible. This is the best Doom have to offer, in scale and variation. I love that you can upgrade everything, and you have to fight like hell for it! And cool cosmetics for armor, weapons and demons. Fortress of Doom are excellent, the same about its unlockables. And the action is perfect!
  9. Mar 21, 2020
    Awesome game, non stop action with beautiful graphics, the gameplay is perfect, and the aditional perks make the weapons even more awesome.
  10. Mar 23, 2020
    I can honestly say that Doom Eternal is one of the BEST first person shooters of ALL time. The shooting the enemy mechanics are a game changer. You basically get health, armor and ammo based on how you kill enemies. It's 30 seconds of fun repeated that does not get old. There is a constant dance of managing your survival with how you dispose of your enemies. Everything is just soI can honestly say that Doom Eternal is one of the BEST first person shooters of ALL time. The shooting the enemy mechanics are a game changer. You basically get health, armor and ammo based on how you kill enemies. It's 30 seconds of fun repeated that does not get old. There is a constant dance of managing your survival with how you dispose of your enemies. Everything is just so polished with 60 FPS and 4K. The ONLY negative is that the multiplayer is a bit unbalanced where the demons have a big advantage over the slayer, but I am sure these issues will be resolved. It is a BUY and comes HIGHLY recommended. Expand
  11. Mar 21, 2020
    Que gran rendimiento en las consolas xbox jugazo brutal y descomunal ademas de muy divertido
  12. Mar 20, 2020
    Espetacular , para quem é fã de FPS é Indispensável, parabéns ID pelo excelente trabalho.
  13. Mar 20, 2020
    Amazing!!!
    The best Shooter of the decade
    Its a great experience and the next generation of first person shooter games, the game is very good, the history it's a great complement
    It's a must play for everyone
  14. Mar 25, 2020
    Great gameplay and a great improvement over DOOM 2016. It's not just an easy sequel that they could have done but It's a game that ID wanted to make and expand upon from DOOM 2016. The gameplay feels fast and responsive. Kept me engaged from start to finish. It is a game where you think about what you are doing unlike with DOOM 2016 where you just point and shoot. You have to constantly beGreat gameplay and a great improvement over DOOM 2016. It's not just an easy sequel that they could have done but It's a game that ID wanted to make and expand upon from DOOM 2016. The gameplay feels fast and responsive. Kept me engaged from start to finish. It is a game where you think about what you are doing unlike with DOOM 2016 where you just point and shoot. You have to constantly be aware of you ammo supply and HP. Going in for glory kills and chainsawing demons looks and feels amazing. DOOM 2016 looked great and still does but man oh man does Eternal look fantastic. From graphics to sound design, this game excels in every way. This is a game you can master and feel like a true DOOM Guy. Buy this and RIP AND TEAR. Expand
  15. Mar 22, 2020
    Insane FPS!
    After 20+ hours and the final battle I felt literally exhausted. The gameplay pace is insane especially on the higher difficulties. Demons slaying is super satisfying. New strategic layer demanding using different weapons against different monsters/weak points is an improvement imo.
    While Doom 2016 looks and feels more serious/realistic, this one is a pure entertainment!
    Insane FPS!
    Loved it's art direction, color palette, arcade-ish approach to pick-ups and UI. If you want some true si-fi horror go (re)play Dead Space, where you are constantly haunted... In Doom Eternal they are haunted, because a Doom Slayer entered the facility!
    Loved both Doom 2016 & Eternal but find the latter more fun and addicting.
    Why 8/10? For two reasons: forced platforming/jumping often annoys, and the game is too short for the money (paid 99 eur for deluxe). More end game activities and/or progression would be appreciated. I know it sounds like a heresy to orthodox gamers, but RPG elements & loot would fit perfectly such game as Doom Eternal. That would truly make it eternal!
  16. Mar 23, 2020
    Awesome gameplay, very good performance on xbox 1x and interesting story so far , very hard bosses on hardcore difficulty , best FPS so far ! Shut up and take my money
  17. Mar 22, 2020
    About halfway through the campaign, and countless hours in Battlemode, I can confidently confirm that my high expectations have been exceedingly met. I respect this game, the devs, and demons.
  18. Mar 21, 2020
    Gran juego, fluido, frenético, divertido y realmente doom slayer es muy badass
  19. Mar 22, 2020
    Best way to summarize Doom Eternal.

FPS equivalent of a lighting fast chess match. Hands down most satisfying shooter I've played in years.
  20. Mar 23, 2020
    The game is so much fun for different aspects. The game is a follow up to one of the best fps I ever played, doom(2016). The mechanics are based on the previous game and even better. The mechanics of guns make shooting fun and tactical since every gun has in most cases 2 (except the double barrel shotgun and BFG-9000) along with the mounted shoulder grenade launcher. You can upgrade yourThe game is so much fun for different aspects. The game is a follow up to one of the best fps I ever played, doom(2016). The mechanics are based on the previous game and even better. The mechanics of guns make shooting fun and tactical since every gun has in most cases 2 (except the double barrel shotgun and BFG-9000) along with the mounted shoulder grenade launcher. You can upgrade your gun mods as well as the suit and the abilities it has to offer. Also getting ammo and health is fun, by using the chainsaw as a necessary mechanic for getting ammo has made it key and fun since it makes you not only get ammo easy but also fun to watch on how detailed the animations of teared demons are. Also you cannot use it always as it has a cooldown and forcing you to get gather more fuel for higher demons so you don’t spam the thing. As the previous game did it, the glory kills are the way to get health in crucial moments during fights and as it was, the animations are so fun to watch. The game has some nice story though is not as deep as I though but it’s good since the combat and gamplay is the strongest feature. You now have a base which is greatly detailed and has some nice unlockables although it could have more elements that could make it more fun, but it is fun to explore. Overall it has become my favorite FPS of all time and I love what they did to refresh the franchise. Oh and the music is hands down a master piece. This franchise has amazing and talented people behind it, I hope other franchises do what they are doing. Expand
  21. Mar 20, 2020
    The best Doom has ever been! I like how they went with a more story driven story mode, with the gameplay being even better then Doom 2016. The music is spectacular, you feel it ramp up every time you kill a demon! And in my opinion there isn’t a better fps on the market. Doom Eternal is for me a 666 out of 10 would definitely recommend.
  22. Mar 20, 2020
    I would put 7.5 but I will round up to 8. The core of doom gameplay is there. I remember playing doom 4 in 2016 and that rush if excitement felt from the fast gameplay. In this game, something feels... Off. Everything feels a tad too slow. The cacodemons taking longer to stagger, movement speed, and the platforming. Wow . I loved doom 4 for it's very little platforming because you get toI would put 7.5 but I will round up to 8. The core of doom gameplay is there. I remember playing doom 4 in 2016 and that rush if excitement felt from the fast gameplay. In this game, something feels... Off. Everything feels a tad too slow. The cacodemons taking longer to stagger, movement speed, and the platforming. Wow . I loved doom 4 for it's very little platforming because you get to rip and tear much quicker. In this game, especially the cult fortress, has a ridiculous amount of annoying platforming. It can be frustrating when you want to get back to blasting demons and listening to metal . And that's another thing. The music. The battle music is fantastic of course but they reused some tracks like bfg division. The ambient music(what you listen to while platforming) is bad. It's not something that I would him along to at least. And then the sorry. I will not spoil anything but it's all over the place. The great about doom 4 was that they would tell you enough for the story to make sense and then the codex would give you lore. Eternal loves nothing more than to give you nothing. They explain nothing and if you want any details on anything which you will you have to read. Again it's hard to explain but it feels loosly connected. Overall I'd say if they increased movement speed by like %10 and got rid of a lot of the platforming in exchange for demon killing it would be a 9/10 Expand
  23. Mar 20, 2020
    Технически блестящий проект. Темп , скорости , эстетика , всё на голову выше DooM 2016!
  24. Mar 20, 2020
    Разработчики, смогли задать высшую планку чем над doom 2016. Намного динамичный и вполне хорошая сюжетная составляющая.
  25. Mar 22, 2020
    This is the BEST DOOM game EVER MADE! Phenomenally addictive and challenging gameplay. People who dislike this game are casuals/fake gamers/noobs who got rekt and are now trying to review bomb this game like the losers they are, LOL. "b-but muh classic doom!!!" LMFAO, classic doom was good for its time, but now? not so much. You don't even have to aim in that game, it is a joke compared toThis is the BEST DOOM game EVER MADE! Phenomenally addictive and challenging gameplay. People who dislike this game are casuals/fake gamers/noobs who got rekt and are now trying to review bomb this game like the losers they are, LOL. "b-but muh classic doom!!!" LMFAO, classic doom was good for its time, but now? not so much. You don't even have to aim in that game, it is a joke compared to DOOM ETERNAL. Also, DOOM ETERNAL is much better than DOOM 2016. Well done id Software. Expand
  26. Mar 23, 2020
    MARAUDERS ARE A CANCER.
    Besides the fact that the lamest enemies ID could have put in the game are in the game, it is worth picking up.
  27. Mar 21, 2020
    Truly a great sequel to an already great game. It's a little more arcady with pick ups and cheats but it still manages to be fun. Graphics are great just like the first game
  28. Mar 21, 2020
    Este jogo é muito divertido de se jogar. Os gráficos e o level design estão impecáveis. A jogabilidade está maravilhosa, viciante! Excelente jogo! Recomendo-o!
  29. Mar 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really enjoyed the game. The shotgun is a downgrade from 2016 but the SSG is bad ass. The levels, for the most part, are breathtaking. ARC complex freaking rules. Urdak is a piece of crap level though. Expand
  30. Mar 24, 2020
    Whilst Doom 2016 is still one of my personal favorite FPS experiences, Doom Eternal does Doom guy proud.

The Story 1.5/2 How much weight can one review give a game that's main loop is chainsawing, slugging or blasting your way through waves of nasties? the answer is not much however the addition of some cut scenes from the 2016 experience is a welcomed step without breaking too much of

The Story 1.5/2
    How much weight can one review give a game that's main loop is chainsawing, slugging or blasting your way through waves of nasties? the answer is not much however the addition of some cut scenes from the 2016 experience is a welcomed step without breaking too much of the immersion that some cut scenes can do.

Gameplay 3.5/4
    Freaking awesome! What this game does better than DOOM 2016 is give the player a chance to use a heap of different weapon combos on the varied enemy types. I for one think this is really important for FPS games rather than using 2 guns through a whole play through. I wasn't as much a fan of the platforming and puzzle bits in this game however very minimal criticism.

Visuals/Art Design 2/2
    This game runs beautifully, looks fantastic from the guns to the splashes of blood coming off chainsawed enemies. The landscapes are something to behold and amongst the chaos that is DOOM, the few seconds where you sit back and look at the environments you're in are welcomed.

Sound 2/2
    They somehow made the shotgun sound more meaty. They made the guns sound more punchy making it feel even better when you're slugging those aliens left right and centre.

This game is a strong 9/10 and is 10-15 hours of solid game play depending on difficulty. For those that need to let off some steam, this is a must pick up!
  31. Mar 23, 2020
    Amazing game, an absolute must play. The amount of work and craftsmanship put into this game goes above and beyond. ids new team respects its history like Nintendo. I'm not a Bethesda fan at all but am amazed they get out of the way to let id do their job. Only thing i'm not giving a full 10 for is that the marauder is awful. I don't know why they put him in the way they did. He breaksAmazing game, an absolute must play. The amount of work and craftsmanship put into this game goes above and beyond. ids new team respects its history like Nintendo. I'm not a Bethesda fan at all but am amazed they get out of the way to let id do their job. Only thing i'm not giving a full 10 for is that the marauder is awful. I don't know why they put him in the way they did. He breaks flow and feels like he belongs in a different game. Believe me I've got good and the marauder still is overpowered. Expand
  32. Mar 23, 2020
    Hands down the best FPS I've ever played. Also the hardest FPS I've ever played.
  33. Mar 25, 2020
    what an incredible game. this game truly is the definition of fun it's truly incredible how they managed to make such an amazing game
  34. Mar 26, 2020
    Basically don't listen to these edgelords who are giving this game a 0-1 they have no clue what they are talking about and their reasoning is completely laughable. If you love doom (not just 2016 which these muppets have only seemed to of played in the series) and you know how to have fun, with fantastic level design, challenging encounters that will make you think like the classics, thenBasically don't listen to these edgelords who are giving this game a 0-1 they have no clue what they are talking about and their reasoning is completely laughable. If you love doom (not just 2016 which these muppets have only seemed to of played in the series) and you know how to have fun, with fantastic level design, challenging encounters that will make you think like the classics, then this is absolutely a must buy and a must for any doom fan Expand
  35. Mar 31, 2020
    Masterclass in demon-murdering chess!

Masterclass in demon-murdering chess!

After the umpteenth thousand dispatched demon you would think at least some of the pure, primal joy of demonic dismemberment might’ve worn off...but honestly it only gets better as you go along. The gameplay loop is addicting — rewarding yet merciless should you falter. And you will. Probably quite a bit. Prettier, longer, faster-paced, more brutal and varied than its excellent predecessor...absolutely worth a playthrough!
  36. Mar 20, 2020
    A masterpiece. Everything has been Improved from doom 2016. More varied gameplay, faster paced without being overwhelming, larger level design, more engaging environments, a fantastic UI, great performance. The list goes on. This is without a doubt my favourite FPS campaign of all time. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but i would have given it a 10 without any multiplayer at all.
  37. Mar 20, 2020
    DOOM Eternal - Всё такой же брутальный, кровавый и драйвовый экшн. Он верен традициям DOOM (2016), но при этом он стал круче. Все кому зашёл DOOM (2016) брать не задумываясь.
  38. Mar 20, 2020
    A Masterpiece in pretty much all aspects. The game does not disappoint and makes you engaged all times. My experience has been in the Xbox one X which makes the game look even more stunning. A Must Play.
  39. Mar 20, 2020
    Improves upon everything that made DOOM (2016) great from adding platforming, expanded skill trees, additional enemies, and levels with its own character. Having one HELL of a time.
  40. Mar 21, 2020
    Doom eternal is the absolute best fps I have ever played so far! This game expanded in every single way since the 2016 reboot@ the levels are absolutely incredible! The graphics are beautiful, the sound effects are awsome, the gun sounds are awsome, the enemy design's are absoluty amazingly done. This game isna must have if your a fps fan and its a 10 all day for me!
  41. Mar 21, 2020
    best shoter ever with no doubt. harder to play, more creative and more intense than last doom it has become a best game I ever played because I’m a shoter fan
  42. Mar 21, 2020
    The game is interesting, dynamic, although I think all these puzzles and jumps are superfluous, but in general it is the same Doom. Great graphics, music, customizable interface.
  43. Mar 20, 2020
    Not a masterpiece but is an amazing game full of action and blood just like the old games but with better graphics and a chaotic gameplay.
  44. Mar 21, 2020
    Das Gameplay sucht seines gleichen, die Geschichte ist interessant und der Umfang extrem Groß.
    Absolut Perfekte Fortsetzung zu Doom 2016 und schon jetzt eines meiner Lieblingsspiele im Jahr 2020.
  45. Mar 21, 2020
    Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. HollyHolly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Expand
  46. Mar 20, 2020
    The game is absolutely deserving of this score. At the start of the game, I knew this would be a fantastic one. However, the combat is definitely something new and challenging. It'll take a lot of work to learn how to utilize speed and verticality to your advantage. They redesigned all the enemies and weapons, which makes everything fresh. They also added a lot of new weapons, and enemies.The game is absolutely deserving of this score. At the start of the game, I knew this would be a fantastic one. However, the combat is definitely something new and challenging. It'll take a lot of work to learn how to utilize speed and verticality to your advantage. They redesigned all the enemies and weapons, which makes everything fresh. They also added a lot of new weapons, and enemies. You also have a hub area, unlike the previous game. I didn't really think this was needed that much, but it's something interesting to explore. The game is gorgeous, with amazing art direction. The soundtrack is god tier, making you truly feel like the Slayer. Most of the missions are pretty good, the stories good, and the lore is all good. However, the game is brought down to a 9 for me because of the seemingly low amount of missions, that it seems like there isn't much of a need for a mission select button. There also isn't much of a reason to replay levels, unless playing on higher difficulties. This is in thanks to a fast travel feature, unlocked near the end of the level, which allows you to fast travel to points across the map. This allows you to quickly collect collectibles and complete optional encounters. Overall though, its a fantastic game. Expand
  47. Mar 21, 2020
    Breathtaking. Every single person should play this game. Im shure this will be new classic!
  48. Mar 27, 2020
    this game pushes the envelope for what the fps genre can be, the game challenges the player but gives them all the tools they need to succeed. Any frustration this game can sometimes provide is simply a product of the player not understanding the game's mechanics and trying to go in guns blazing without thinking.
  49. Mar 20, 2020
    Ignore the Trolls, Ignore the SJWs and beyond that ignore all the butthurt children that attack this game without any argument. Maybe the first words sound like i´m another troll more, but no, i just want to tell the truth (what i feel with the game) about DOOM eternal. The presentation i very decent, good texture cuality, excelent models and animations, shinig on executions and generalIgnore the Trolls, Ignore the SJWs and beyond that ignore all the butthurt children that attack this game without any argument. Maybe the first words sound like i´m another troll more, but no, i just want to tell the truth (what i feel with the game) about DOOM eternal. The presentation i very decent, good texture cuality, excelent models and animations, shinig on executions and general movement of Demons, also has a good amount of details, like an improved particle physics effect. A really DECENT art direction, at time gorgeous, that reminds me Barlowe´s Inferno artstyle, mixed with Sci-fi look. With a good taste on Lore content, the game offers a depth view of the extended DOOM universe, full of EasterEggs for fans and non fans.
    Gameplay was something i fear, no for the movement, but for the even more arcadish feeling of the trailers...specially with the addon of a more "guide-HUD" with colors and too much info on the screen at times...it can be a bit tedious and break your inmersion on the game, specially when you are figthing a group of demons, a new one appears and smultaneously there are collectives near...the screen gets of indicators and can hide enemys. BUT, it is a minor defect to pay, where the general game is an oda to old DOOM titles, specially DOOM 64. I love the fact that you now have to attack parts on the enemys, and their dismembrament, that gives Soldier of Fortune Nostalgia at times.

All packed on a well optimished jewel IDthech7 engine.

To end one big reccomendation: Be agressive with the little ones and attack frontal...but play more dash with biggers and use fast cover and shoot, jump, look for it´s back...remember, they are evil,but you will be worse.
  50. Mar 26, 2020
    Doom Eternal is the sequel to the extremely well done Doom 2016. In terms of its campaign, its very well done and the new weapons and additional items you get throughout the campaign are very welcome additions to the formula. But it doesn't really have the same impact that the 2016 game did, mostly because that game seemingly surprised a lot of people with how good it was. This one kindaDoom Eternal is the sequel to the extremely well done Doom 2016. In terms of its campaign, its very well done and the new weapons and additional items you get throughout the campaign are very welcome additions to the formula. But it doesn't really have the same impact that the 2016 game did, mostly because that game seemingly surprised a lot of people with how good it was. This one kinda fulfills expectations. Not that that's a bad thing but it never seemed to grab me like the previous game did. I would still highly recommend it to anyone who liked the previous game as its more of the same. Expand
  51. Mar 23, 2020
    It takes a few levels to really get into the combat groove, but once you do it's extremely fun and satisfying. Using all the weapons and equipment available to you becomes second nature and the entire experience feels faster and more brutal than DOOM 2016. id seriously knocked it out of the park with the combat and the ridiculous story that gets crazier as you go on.
  52. Mar 24, 2020
    One of the biggest complaints about this game is actually the reason I enjoy this more than the 2016 Doom game. It's pace is a little bit easier, and slightly less stressful. It's still full of the action packed anxiety ridden fun of the 2016 doom, but you can easily take it at a slightly slower pace than before.
  53. Mar 25, 2020
    Doom is and always has been an amazingly fun game with great music, level layout, enemies, and gameplay. Another game in the series that is a must play for any fan of first person shooters.
  54. Mar 26, 2020
    Great game, loads oc replayability and lot of stuff to come back too, the game is amazingly smooth, just the way you move and interact with the world in the game feels amazing. Looks great, plays great, game great.
  55. Mar 24, 2020
    El mejor juego de Doom hasta la fecha no le falta nada a esos que me colocan menos de un 9 no saben de videojuegos
  56. Mar 25, 2020
    Este no es juego para mancos, mejor sigan en el fornite niños ratas, obvio que después de jugar solo fifas, cod, maincra y el ya nombrado fornite todos los juegos son difíciles. Dan asco, este juego es para alguien con una mínima habilidad, y que no busca jugar todo en nivel super fácil ya que es para débiles mentales.
  57. Mar 24, 2020
    Va perfecto en Xbox One X. Jugando a 1080p a 60fps. Buenos gráficos y jugabilidad perfecta.
  58. Mar 24, 2020
    The best shooter ever made period...
    Every thing is perfectly balanced The gameplay
    The graphics
    The story
  59. Mar 26, 2020
    Doom eternal is very similar to the original doom with new themes .The ,ele is a downgrade but everything else is an upgrade The drm is non functional and is going to lead to poor sales due to bad reputation (for saying they are going to use drm) and easy pirate ability ( due to drm not functioning) .The shooting mechanics are fun overall I liked it
  60. Mar 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Los diseños de los personajes como el icono de pecado o la historia del pasado del Doom slayer hace que esta entrega sea muy fresca con sus demas entregas ademas de contar con una jugabilidad excelente que nos pone alertas en todo momento. Expand
  61. Mar 24, 2020
    Doom eternal is far more challenging than the previous game for some this may be bad but I find myself a lot more intrigued and invested in the story.
  62. LLm
    Mar 24, 2020
    Nice game, ótimo gráficos e jogabilidade excelente, Super otimizado, nenhum problema
  63. Mar 24, 2020
    I have never felt like such a badass. The combination of speed and weapon utility allows you to string together amazing runs.
  64. Mar 24, 2020
    Easily the best fps ive played in years, even better than Doom 3016. This is the game i would have wished for from a genie, its so metal and awesome and the gunplay/gameplay is superb. It’s like the album cover of iron maidens “ number of the beast” in game form.
  65. Mar 25, 2020
    This is miles better than DOOM 2016! This game is a masterpiece and the soundtrack is superb as well. 10/10 I can’t stop slaughtering demons!!!
  66. Mar 25, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great use of art and previous lore and such fluid gameplay they know who they are and the show it well Expand
  67. Mar 25, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es muy bien juego, la historia sienro que sienta bien, la muerte de los sacerdotes, sacar dudas de el traicionado y doom Slayer Expand
  68. Mar 26, 2020
    Has to be one of the best fps ever.. Keeping with the original characters. Being a fan from 93 it's come a long way. Game play is great but takes a little getting used to. I recommend.
  69. Mar 27, 2020
    This is the most honest sequel in every sense of the word. The game is damn fast and difficult even at the average level of difficulty. It is worth playing for everyone who loves a spinal action game. It's just a bomb!
  70. Apr 3, 2020
    Don't believe the low rating reviews you see here those are made by soiboys ho clearly don't even know wtf they're taking about this game is a master piece on it's own and if you loved Doom 2016 then you will like this game regardless and even if you don't like this one as much as Doom 2016 this game still isn't 0/10 be fair when you review a game this game is better in every way or atDon't believe the low rating reviews you see here those are made by soiboys ho clearly don't even know wtf they're taking about this game is a master piece on it's own and if you loved Doom 2016 then you will like this game regardless and even if you don't like this one as much as Doom 2016 this game still isn't 0/10 be fair when you review a game this game is better in every way or at least decent giving it a 0 even though you loved the previous game makes no sense Expand
  71. Mar 28, 2020
    My jaw has been on the floor since the opening scene...I have been a Doom fan since 93’ and all I can say about this game after over 8 hours with it is WOW!. ID stepped up and knocked it out of the park with this. This is a groundbreaking game just like COD4,half life, goldeneye, and halo. As a huge fan the only thing I’m missing is the snap map and death match from Doom 16’. If they addMy jaw has been on the floor since the opening scene...I have been a Doom fan since 93’ and all I can say about this game after over 8 hours with it is WOW!. ID stepped up and knocked it out of the park with this. This is a groundbreaking game just like COD4,half life, goldeneye, and halo. As a huge fan the only thing I’m missing is the snap map and death match from Doom 16’. If they add those features to this game it’s the best pure FPS ever made. If super Mario bro’s and the devil had a baby this is it. Thank you to everyone at ID for creating this masterpiece. Loving every minute I spend with it! Expand
  72. Mar 29, 2020
    It is a great game. Here are some bullet points for people who aren't sure about buying the game yet.

Pros : Gameplay : Overall, I feel like the gameplay exceed 2016 in mutliple ways. I know some people may not be fan of the monkey bars, but I don't mind them. The climbing wall are a low point though. I feel it enforces you in a vulnerable state where I don't feel totally in control.

Pros :

Gameplay : Overall, I feel like the gameplay exceed 2016 in mutliple ways. I know some people may not be fan of the monkey bars, but I don't mind them. The climbing wall are a low point though. I feel it enforces you in a vulnerable state where I don't feel totally in control. They feel unilateral since each time you see one, it indicates a place you MUST go. The running and shooting feels great (litle hiccups with some elements like props or wall shutting you off or too complicated level art that causes you to hit collision that you did not see). 9/10

Visual : The visual is gorgeous. Perhaps some low points are reuse of some pieces around (like the mechas) or statues with some shader or materials that also could be improve in some places. Other than that, it is mindblowingly stunning. Animation is a treat. FX are awesome. Lighting is delightful. Environments are just crazy. 10/10 for visuals.

Music : 10/10... jesus

Cons :

Overall I feel the game is too stressful. I feel I get PTSD each time I want to get back to play. It is even forcing me to take 1 hour sessions each time. In comparison, I was able to binge 2016. Can't do on this one. It is a con for people that just can't take dying alot and shooting their hearts out.

Some features are just plain frustrating. The first time you play, ammo are just... a nail in the foot. You get around later with the battle patterns and using chainsaw on smaller mobs become's a reflex, but for a time, it is really annoying. The purple glue is frustrating in combination with big fights. The collisions around the pools are not clear, sometimes you get stuck trying to walk out. I would fix the collisions to ease out the player path.

The regular punch.... god. It is by far the most low point of this game. Why model DoomGuy with huge biceps if it just to make him push demons around. Gameplay wise, it is a really frustrating change from 2016 where the punches felt great. Please change this.

Alot of bugs on my playsession. I don't know how ultra-nightmare works, but 2 times i was forced to just reload last checkpoint. If you can't reload lastcheckpoint in that mode, I think it is a game breaker.

I love the game, don't get me wrong. The little nitpicking shows the game high standard. Definitly a buy for people who needs actions and to stump demons around! RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE!.
  73. Apr 5, 2020
    Doom Eternal
    Great and greatly overrated
    Doom Eternal
    Great and greatly overrated
    Doom Eternal features 2 modes, an online competitive mode where a demon slayer is heavily unfairly matched with infinitely spawning player controlled demons that just isn’t really fun unless you’re on the demon side, so imam just throw that mode away and focus on the reason everyone is buying doom eternal.. its hefty 17 hour long demon filled campaign, and this campaign is really great… here you play as a demon slayer, taking on zombies and demons on earth as well as mars, going through a fairly linear campaign, but one filled with traversal and platforming, which is a very welcomed change.. however I feel this new addition takes a back seat to the straight up demon slaying, which on paper sounds fine, but ultimately it leads to an incohesive feeling world that feels like a bunch of random video game elements stapled together.. and this is Doom Eternals biggest issue…. Nothing feels purposeful, it feels mindless and repetitive from start to finish, none of the levels are memorable, the combat is constant, never giving you a chance to breathe or explore, it’s a headache… playing through doom eternal is an enjoyable headache.. but still a headache…
    combat that time around is much more enjoyable though. Enemies having their weaknesses, making almost every battle feel like a puzzle despite feeling mindless at the same time, rarely leading to frustrating encounters.. but don’t get me wrong.. those encounters do exist.. though rare.. theres one over powered enemy specifically that kills all and any fun youll be having with this game in an instant… more specifically in one area of the game where youre trapped with him and a snake enemy, and no ammo or health really around… which brings me to another gripe I have with doom eternal, its health and ammo situation… ammo health and armor really feel nonexistent in doom eternals world, instead the game relies on you using your abilities to obtain armour and health, you can catch enemies on fire and freeze them, you have chainsaw enemies for ammo… but I just feel like id much rather have ammo drops after killing enemies than forced to find a small one I can chainsaw..wait for that chainsaw to refuel and do it again… the chainsaw system in general is a nonsensical mess… you can store up to 3 chainsaw attacks, however there is no enemy you can kill with 2 fuels… so whats the point… theres 1 and theres 3… and then you have enemies later on that cant be attacked with the chainsaw at all because theyre too big… these enemies should be reserved for 3.. and the middle large enemies killed with 2.. it just leads to fuel hording, and the payoff is never worth it.. but that can be said for this games weapons as well, youre given amazing weapons towards the end of the game, but rarely any fuel to use them, which begs me to ask.. why even give them to me in the first place.. especially the sword… this item didn’t come into play and was basically unusable until the final boss… but if this was that weapons only purpose, I suppose that’s okay… but I feel if that is the case you should’ve just waited longer to give it to me… All in all I do feel Doom Eternal is a great game, its fun zombie slaying to heavy metal, theres a crazy amount of weapons, and different ways to upgrade these weapons, customize them to your gameplay… but just don’t believe the hype… go into doom eternal expecting a great game and not an amazing game or a masterpiece and you surely wont be disappointed…
    But if you go in expecting game of the year, youre going to get smacked with level design and gameplay that feels plucked out of the old god of war games with guns stapled to it
    I give Doom Eternal
    an 8/10
  74. Mar 28, 2020
    Visually impressive and has a soundtrack worthy of the franchise's lofty expectations. Level-design and gunplay matches the previous instalment. New enemies fit the bill, with each offering a new, unique challenge. New gameplay additions, like the bloodpunch, flamer and whatever the sword-thingie is, offer further variety, without detracting from the game's incredibly high and fluidVisually impressive and has a soundtrack worthy of the franchise's lofty expectations. Level-design and gunplay matches the previous instalment. New enemies fit the bill, with each offering a new, unique challenge. New gameplay additions, like the bloodpunch, flamer and whatever the sword-thingie is, offer further variety, without detracting from the game's incredibly high and fluid pacing. There isn't really a narrative, and why should there be? Its the ultimate power fantasy. One that never fails to offer degree of intimidation however, with some very difficult levels. Its far harder than the previous game, with the new enemies and limited ammo (nicely forcing you to play around the many and varied weapons) massively upping the difficulty.

Despite being one of the best shooters of this generation, there are still some gripes i have with this instalment. Firstly, tedious, uninspired platforming sequences i think were a lazy design choice in an effort to add further variety. The game's hub, where you often find yourself between main missions, isn't interesting enough to warrant its existence. A new multiplayer mode is fun, but i think it far from makes up from the removal of the main multiplayer mode seen in the previous game; it feels like a step-backwards. Last point, and a glaring step-backwards, is the far fewer customisation options. Seems strange they removed these features, and i'm unlikely to continue playing much now as a result.
  75. Apr 3, 2020
    Gave it a bad review before, but now after playing it for a while it is pretty fun. Game really opens up when you start unlocking certain upgrades (I won't say what as it would spoil the game). Fast paced and unforgiving. Just how it should be
  76. Mar 30, 2020
    As someone who’s only played around half of DOOM 2016’s campaign, picking up this game was a bit of a surprise to me.
    But I have been very pleased as it provides more of what its predecessor did, combined with some weird new mechanics and higher difficulty spikes. I didn’t care about the story, but still had a really good time with the campaign...
    Battle mode multiplayer is also a nice
    Battle mode multiplayer is also a nice shake up, and good to play with friends...
  77. Mar 29, 2020
    Truly lives up to the hype, been excited for this game for the past year and happy to say it doesn't disappoint. The graphics are once again top notch, but this time with lots more variety in the environments which add a much more diverse, vibrant colour palette to the game which I found brilliant. Some magnificent scenery on display, with some truly breathtaking views if you take the timeTruly lives up to the hype, been excited for this game for the past year and happy to say it doesn't disappoint. The graphics are once again top notch, but this time with lots more variety in the environments which add a much more diverse, vibrant colour palette to the game which I found brilliant. Some magnificent scenery on display, with some truly breathtaking views if you take the time to look around. But that will normally have to wait till you've blasted your way through the demonic horde around you as you're thrown into intense combat sequences all the time.
    I've heard a lot of criticism towards the platforming and I find it totally unfounded. Grabbing ledges and walls works really well. You climb quickly, are able to throw yourself off a wall a great distance, swinging from poles flows really fluidly into the movement and you don't even have to press a button to do so. I found these platforming sections to be a nice reprieve to balance out the intensity of the stages, giving you a short time to compose yourself before being thrown into the next enemy encounter. I will say, before you're fully comfortable with the distances you can travel (given the extra jump distance when jumping from a climbable wall, and using the double dash) there can be times when it's a little tricky to instantly grasp where you're immediately jumping to next, but never found it an issue that stopped me for more than a few seconds.
    The game very quickly opens up the mobility aspect of the game more than ever, being able to double jump from the beginning and shortly into the campaign unlocking a double dash. Which used in combination with the various swing poles, and platforms will see you see you zipping around arenas at breakneck speed. Which you will absolutely need when faced with the ferocious AI which even on normal difficulty is deadly accurate, and constantly bearing down on you.
    Despite having all these acrobatic dodging capabilities however, you are still without question the most dangerous one on the field. The Doom Slayer's arsenal has been buffed with some new additions that give you even more ways to deal death to hell's minions. All new additions, the shoulder mounted flamethrower, ice bomb, Unmaykr, and Crucible blade, which is in my opinion the coolest looking sword ever and insanely powerful to match! All the weapons of Doom 2016 are back, with some of their looks redesigned, and in my opinion looking better than ever! The combat loop has changed, and requires a lot more thought than ever before, as to be effective in this game you'll need to be constantly switching between most all the weapons to enable you to take advantage of enemy weaknesses, keeping your health, armour, and ammo up by glory killing, flaming, and chainsawing the fodder demons, all while dashing and jumping around to dodge an onslaught of enemy attacks. I can understand why some people are finding this new system a bit overwhelming, it really cranks up the intensity to 11 almost every time you enter a combat area, and forces a more fast paced and complex play style than it's predecessor. But for those it clicks with, or those who take the time to get to grips with it, when you nail a combat area it really makes you feel more badass than ever! Dominating countless demons in a beautiful dance of death, unleashing such a vast array of awesome weaponry, all to the hardcore heavy metal master pieces of Mick Gordon, which once again fit the pace and style of this Doom perfectly.
    My biggest gripes with the game were the Marauder not being properly explained in the tooltip. You SHOULD NOT stay mid range against him at all (wait at far range, dodge an axe, and he will most always run straight to you and do a green eyes move, which knowing when it's coming makes it infinitely easier to counter), and also found the Ballista to be far more effective against them than the super shotgun, as is shown in the demonstration. Following it's advice led me to a lot of frustration, constantly eating attacks off them. I do still find the 'immune to damage' approach to enemy design a bit cheap, and quite contrary to Doom's overall philosophy. However once I learned how to approach him I did come to appreciate this enemy a lot more, how it's such a variation to the others and makes you have the think outside the norm. LOVE the visual design of them too.
    Overall just a magnificent game that I would gladly recommend to any shooter fan.
  78. Apr 8, 2020
    Addicted after 60 seconds of play....that's how great ID shooters are and always have been. Another fast paced shooter with STELLAR gameplay mechanics. Gone are the days of infinite ammo, but now we are forced to mix up our style, which is a good thing. It provides limitless ways to kill enemies while keeping the game moving at a constant pace.

The problem with idiots, however, is

The problem with idiots, however, is that there are too many of them, which is why this game only has a 7.4 user score when everyone else knows how great it is. There is literally not a SINGLE bad thing about this game and even Angry Joe gave it a 10, which is very rare. To all the idiots who gave it a crappy score, go play some more Minecrap or Animal Crossing and leave real games to men. I can't believe someone gave it a 5 because multiplayer is lackluster.....SORRY TO BUST YOUR BUBBLE BUT DOOM HAS NEVER BEEN ABOUT MULTIPLAYER. Some other idiot also only gave it a 7 because there was too much going on for him to handle. What a pathetic excuse to rate a game. See what I mean about idiots? There are just too many of them out there.

Sound and graphics are amazing on Xbox One X as well. 60 FPS average, with slight, almost unnoticeable hiccups here and there. Story is cool as well.

This is a must buy for any FPS fan.
  79. Mar 27, 2020
    I play this game in Xbox One X and men this game looks amazing, the best version of this game maybe the version of PC but in console is the version of Xbox One X it's just amazing love it so far I give this game a 10/10 because is gorgeous.
  80. Mar 27, 2020
    DOOM Eternal is a vast improvement of DOOM 2016 which was already a great game,however the new resource management is an excellent addition alongside the rpg elements allowing you to tailor the game to your specific playstyle the story is amazing and a welcome improvement to over doom 2016 All in All an excellent Fps and great game
  81. Apr 6, 2020
    If you like the first one you'll love this on a little harder then the first but once you get the hang of it its beautiful
  82. Apr 2, 2020
    My only complaint is I wish the game took itself more seriously. I like the more arcade style but I wish finding new guns wasn’t this goofy arcade floating weapon and more cinematic. Other than that amazing game I loved the new platforming and boss mechanics
  83. Mar 27, 2020
    The story of this game is just beautiful. You can read the Codex to get more lore or you could skip through the cutscenes just to kill demons. It can be a little bit confusing at first but it probably took me about 2 minutes to understand what was happening and get the lore. But the only issue I have with this game is maybe the multiplayer. I think it is really interesting but I,The story of this game is just beautiful. You can read the Codex to get more lore or you could skip through the cutscenes just to kill demons. It can be a little bit confusing at first but it probably took me about 2 minutes to understand what was happening and get the lore. But the only issue I have with this game is maybe the multiplayer. I think it is really interesting but I, personally, I think there are way too many try-hards already. For instance, I was just trying to play a match with my friend but we ran into these people who were just absolutely sweating at the game. So be careful about that. But other than that, the campaign is a masterpiece and you should totally get it Expand
  84. Mar 27, 2020
    **** masterpiece, this game will give you bigger erection than a whole box of viagra.
    Level design is excellent, music is outstanding and the brutality is overwhelming so much that you want to eat you cat.
    Can 100% recommend!

Zdravím Agraela!
  85. Mar 27, 2020
    This game is a blast! If you like shooters and a bit of a challenge, then you should pick up this game. Great combat, levels and weapons but the Marauders suck. Overall great game, one of my favorites.
  86. Mar 27, 2020
    This game is a blast it looks modern plays modern but feels retro. The online BattleMode I'd pretty trash but let's be honest most people don't buy Doom for the online multiplayer.its not a perfect game there are some issues but nothing so awful that it breaks or ruins the game. Biggest issue is picking up guns I miss the finding them on people and dead bodies the traversal isnt a bigThis game is a blast it looks modern plays modern but feels retro. The online BattleMode I'd pretty trash but let's be honest most people don't buy Doom for the online multiplayer.its not a perfect game there are some issues but nothing so awful that it breaks or ruins the game. Biggest issue is picking up guns I miss the finding them on people and dead bodies the traversal isnt a big issue for me it adds to the game in my opinion changes it up a little bit plus swinging around slowing down time with the right ruin staggering enemies only to come crashing down with a glory kill feels epic. I do wish there was a bigger variety of guns most the guns are identical in terms of upgrades that they dont feel very special or unique hopefully with future dlc we get another gun. The story I felt was great and the addition of cutscene was nice considering you can skip everything one not sure why anyone would have an issue with it. Overall if you like Doom you will most likely love Doom Eternal. Expand
  87. Mar 27, 2020
    This game is amazing. I liked the return to how the original games played plus the addition of all the extra gadgets and utility like the Crucible, Grenades, Blood Punch, Dash ,etc. The game offers an insane amount of mobility coupled with the previously mentioned dash, meat hook on the super shotty and the swinging poles. The game gives the player so much freedom. Instead of relying onThis game is amazing. I liked the return to how the original games played plus the addition of all the extra gadgets and utility like the Crucible, Grenades, Blood Punch, Dash ,etc. The game offers an insane amount of mobility coupled with the previously mentioned dash, meat hook on the super shotty and the swinging poles. The game gives the player so much freedom. Instead of relying on ground pickups for ammo you now have an ability to get ammo on demand using the chainsaw which recharges over time. Glory kills returned and they are better than ever awesome variety with finishers from the various directions. Tons of collectibles to collect and a few different modes for replayability. Like the Extra Life mode where you start with three lives and when they are gone game over (but more can be collected throughout the game) and the brutally difficult Ultra Nightmare mode where its one death and you restart the level much like the iron skull on Halo. The combat feels very fluid and arcadey like it should be. Weapons and a nice upgrade system and almost all of them have useful weapon mods and all are viable (the microwave beam mod for the plasma rifle is one of the weakest in my opinion) the ammo system pairs well with the new chainsaw, ammo running out happens rarely and can be regained quickly using the chainsaw ability. New platforming sections are added which break up the monotony of slaying hellspawn which are a nice nod to classic games. These platforming sections are very simple and add in a nice way to show off the new movement system. The enemies on Ultra Violence (which is the difficulty that beat the game on first) are well balanced and the new Marauder is a tough enemy that requires some finesse and skill to take down but is a fun fight. The game includes various optional encounters like the Slayer's Gate and the aptly named Secret Encounters which reward you with weapon upgrade token and a very special weapon with the completion of all the Slayer Gates. The new Battlemode is a fun multiplayer mode and gives you the ability to play as various of the heavy demons, but I think that the game could do with the traditional multiplayer like in DOOM 2016. The story is interesting with the addition of the Maykrs and some history of the Sentinels. It sufficed for a background to killing demons, but lets be honest we didn't come play a DOOM game for the story. Overall I would give the game a 9.8 but Ill just do a 10 for sake of simplicity. Finally I'd like to say that the game is up there with one of my favorite games and I never really got into DOOM 2016 so I cannot make a comparison to it but from what I have heard about the 2016 game I'll say that they are both great games and Eternal is only an improvement of 2016's formula. Thanks for reading my review hope it gives you some insight on whether you'd like to purchase the game or not (hopefully you do). Expand
  88. Mar 27, 2020
    This game is beautiful but has its flaws. Normal punches do no damage, the story is not great but it's a DOOM game. There are a few difficulty spikes, but it's alright. If you like jumping around, dashing, and grappling onto demons, this is the game for you.
  89. Mar 28, 2020
    Blood, guts, violence, and guns. You will grow chest as a man. This is where boys become men. Love the platforming. So many fun easter eggs and collectibles. Gameplay is pretty air tight. If you just want to play the game you can completely ignore the story if you wish. Every cutscene is skippable. My recommendation is to play on ultra-violence.
    It feels like the right amount of punishment
    It feels like the right amount of punishment without going over board. You do need To manage your ammo though or else you will die . If your just wanting to mindlessly kill things the easy difficulty is the best. If you want a tough challenge start with nightmare. My one and only complaint is about the marauders, but shooting them with the ballista then immediately following up with a super shotgun blast kills them in a few cycles
  90. Mar 28, 2020
    So... I'm not in the habit of criticizing or rating a game, but the only brain cell that DOOM haters share made me write this little text ( sorry for spelling, grammar, ect. Not my first language yadayadayada...)

This game is awesome, I finished it, I did the master levels and some online games. The only difficulty comes from the new gameplay, you are as (or even more) powerful than

The only difficulty comes from the new gameplay,
    you are as (or even more) powerful than in DOOM 2016,
    Yeah, there's not much ammunition, but you've got a way to recover it every ten seconds.
    Same with the armor, and the glory kill system is still here,
    the only downside here is that there's not a lot of different animation.

There's more platforming than in DOOM 2016 and so? I personally find that it's not a problem it even helps a lot during the combat phases by making them generally more nervous and intense.
    The platforming phases between two arenas are not even difficult none of them requiring QTE-type interaction (unless you are a bit far from a wall to climb)
    All environments and levels are varied and colorful, not something you can see in 90 minutes of play.

So I recommend this game to all players who are Hungry for fast FPS, gore and guts, and more specifically, for DOOM.

ah and the lore brought is insane but it's DOOM, so lore is irrelevant, unless ??
  91. Mar 28, 2020
    It was as if they took everything great from Doom (2016) and just added a little more to the gameplay that I didn’t know I wanted. Issa mastapeece *chef kiss*
  92. Mar 28, 2020
    Could be better, but already great. Big props to Mick Gordon for making one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever.
  93. Mar 28, 2020
    I thought this game was gonna be good, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good.

1) Combat The developers have stated again and again in interviews that they want this game to elicit similar strategies to a game of chess. Each enemy type having specific strengths and weaknesses. And I must say: they succeeded. This idea came through beautifully in the finished product! And it wasn't
    I thought this game was gonna be good, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good.

1) Combat

And it wasn't just the enemies. The Slayer's moveset had some more strategy put in as well! Most notable is the lack of ammo in your reserves. You have very little ammo in this game and you're constantly running out. However, this actually comes off as a plus. Why? Because it gives you the opportunity to unleash your chainsaw on the closest demon fodder! What's more, is that your chainsaw fuel constantly recharges on it's own (and rather quickly too) so you'll never be without ammo if you play your cards right.

2) Style Change

There's been a slight, but very noticeable, style shift from the last Doom game. Its surprisingly silly and cartoony, and I'm kinda into it. A lot more Demon punching slapstick. Plus, the ammo/health pickups greatly resemble the original, magical, floating Doom pickups, giving it a more cartoony/fantasy vibe. A bit of an adjustment from Doom (2016), but all in the service of making the game more arcade fun.

And a bit of a side note: Eternal is a whole lot more colorful, and I totally dig it.

3) Exploration / Level Pacing

In Doom (2016), my biggest problem with the game was that the levels were a slog to get through. This was mostly caused by the fact that I was constantly switching between a combat mindset and an exploration mindset. I'd complete a combat encounter, then explore the area for collectables. This slowed the game down to a crawl.

In Eternal, this isn't a problem. I can safely skip all the collectables in a level and focus on the combat. Why? Because of the simple addition of fast travel; unlocked near the end of each level. Once I reach the end of a level, I can fast travel back to key sections and find everything I need to make my inner collector happy!

And if you don't care about searching the level for weapon upgrades, you can skip exploration entirely! You're awarded these through combat challenges as well. So don't worry if you're not into playing hide n' seek with collectables.

4) Story

Probably the most divisive part of the game are the prominince of the story and cutscenes. Not to worry! If you're not into that, they aren't essential to you're enjoyment, and they're completely skippable. (Except for the opening 30 seconds, but it's not story based or anything like that.)

Of course, if you're like me, you will be very interested to see where the story goes. There's a whole lotta story beats involving the Slayer's past that I think y'all will like. I certainly did. Anyways, its kept rather vague, so if you want to know everything, better bust out those Codex entries.

However, if you're not interested at all in the story there are still some Codex entries you might get a kick out of! Take a look at "History of the Sentinals - Part IX" (Last 2 Paragraphs), "History of the Sentinals - Part XIV" (All of It), and "Super Shotgun" (Last Paragraph). All of those are pretty badass.

5) Summary

The only thing keeping it from a 10/10 are some minor nitpicks. This game is amazing and I highly recommend it.
  94. Mar 28, 2020
    It's great. Intense action, lots of it, and no hand holding. Seems like it's a little too difficult for some but I like the challenge.
  95. Mar 28, 2020
    Having played through the entire campaign, I can easily say that this one outshines the first. The hilarious number of "0s" and "1s" from people, many of whom admit to having only played an hour or two, should be an indicator that a bunch of dweebs decided to brigade against it for some reason other than the actual quality of the game. A great mix of action, puzzles and plight platformingHaving played through the entire campaign, I can easily say that this one outshines the first. The hilarious number of "0s" and "1s" from people, many of whom admit to having only played an hour or two, should be an indicator that a bunch of dweebs decided to brigade against it for some reason other than the actual quality of the game. A great mix of action, puzzles and plight platforming that puts a bigger emphasis on fighting strategically than the first. Expand
  96. Mar 28, 2020
    OK i **** love this game the story in intresting and the gamepkay is really **** easy to pick up and i love the doom slayer has blade and a ice bomb, flame thrower, and grenade cannon make for more demon slayer action
  97. Mar 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is honestly one of the best FPS games I’ve had ever played before. The movement in this game (for some reason a big criticism about this game) is very fluid especially after getting the “Air Control” rune and combined with the good controls, I like it, but I honestly disagree with about how people say this game focuses on the air movement when in reality it’s **** cool to swing around like a monkey and it’s supposed to help you to get around arena environments easier. Overall I feel like the game does put a lot of pressure on you in terms of ammo, yes I did like how I had a very large supply of ammo in DOOM 2016, but having less ammo ment that I had to be smarter about the weapons I used, since you only have such limited ammo, the game does give you tips for specific characters like for the marauder you need to shoot him when his eyes turn green or for the mancubus that you shoot out his hand cannons, cannons? (plus I loved how fluid the crucible felt like). But obviously you can collect the sentinel crystals all around the game to get more health, armor, and ammo. Something else that came out to me is some people are saying how the story is flat, it’s a doom game, it’s not supposed to be a game based on a huge ass story.

Now my only complaint is about the Battlemode (which gave this rating a 9) Now yes I do know it isn’t the “show” of the game but when I played battlemode for the first time playing as the slayer I was being pretty overwhelmed about the amount of things you have to take in, take for example, needing to pay attention where the demons are, needing to chose the right time to use the chainsaw etc. Those did not really affect me afterwards but some of the demons are pretty strong in there own ways, especially the marauder. But overall, it’s a cool idea, but it was just kind of if ID threw a dart at a board blindly and almost got to the bullseye but didn’t really hit it at all.

But I can highly recommend this game for mostly its campaign. So if you’re thinking of buying the game, buy it, but if you want to waste more money for like the deluxe edition then I suggest looking a bit deeper into the game to see if you like it.
  98. Mar 29, 2020
    the overly negative reviewers of this game get more attention than the positive one but ill give it a shot. Now when i say this don't get me wrong, DOOM 2016 was the best first person shooter back then. But now doom eternal is the new best, it sets a higher bar and new precedent, not only in game play, but in movement mechanics, secrets and easter eggs, demon design, and to many otherthe overly negative reviewers of this game get more attention than the positive one but ill give it a shot. Now when i say this don't get me wrong, DOOM 2016 was the best first person shooter back then. But now doom eternal is the new best, it sets a higher bar and new precedent, not only in game play, but in movement mechanics, secrets and easter eggs, demon design, and to many other things to be listed within the word cap. Its colorful, its arcady, its fun and just great to look at. Makes doom 2016 look like crap in comparison. And to address some of the arguments made by some of the negative reviewers would also not fit in the word cap for the things i have to say about them. but the one thing i will address is "its to cartoony and arcady. if you loved the last game you are going to hate this one."

1st) if you loved doom 2016 so much then i would assume that you would have followed the progression of eternal. and if you did do so the you would know that they were going to go with a more cartoony and arcady art style. if you want a gritty serious game you cans stick with cod, doom 3, and doom 2016, while me and the rest of us will have fun with this game.

2nd) I know its not only me that loved doom 2016 and currently love doom eternal, right? i mean it kind of speaks for itself with the overly positive reviews and all.

tl;dr) doom eternal is a good game. if you are thinking about buying it, just do it already.
  99. Mar 29, 2020
    Fantastic game all around! Doom Eternal wastes no time in getting straight into the action, as you're given a quick intro cutscene before being dropped into literal Hell on Earth. The game is very fast paced when it comes to the combat, requiring you to make split second decisions that can mean life or death. The level design throughout the game as been changed to help you adapt to the newFantastic game all around! Doom Eternal wastes no time in getting straight into the action, as you're given a quick intro cutscene before being dropped into literal Hell on Earth. The game is very fast paced when it comes to the combat, requiring you to make split second decisions that can mean life or death. The level design throughout the game as been changed to help you adapt to the new gameplay style. You'll need to keep moving by swinging, dashing and jumping between platforms and walkways to ensure your victory. This change with the movement coupled with an AI that will show you no mercy make for a shooter that is both fun and a force to be reckoned with. The story is solid as well, giving a little more backstory to The Doom Slayer through cutscenes that are more cinematic this time around. In addition to that Doom Eternal also expands on the Doom lore and answered some questions fans may have been left with at the end of Doom 2016 via Codex Entries. The game has also improved with the graphics as well. While Doom 2016 was designed with more horror elements in mind, with darker environments and a color pallet mostly consisting of brown and red, Doom Eternal has a far more vibrant array of colors. Higher quality textures and model improvements for the demons help them stick out from the background more while also changing up a few designs from 2016 to look closer to their original 1993 designs. With all this the only real gripes I have with the game is I wish it was a little longer and I wish there was more to the multiplayer. I feel Doom 2016 had a story that was longer by maybe a few chapters with definitive Acts in between each major boss. With Doom Eternal I feel like it was all just one really long act. The Multiplayer is also lacking slightly, with only one game mode at the time of writing this it can get stale after a few matches. Overall, Doom Eternal is incredible! With many different ways to replay the game once you've completed the campaign, collectables which give rewards such as high resolution models of all of your enemies and soundtracks from previous ID software titles, on top of a gory mess of fun makes, Doom Eternal my FPS of 2020. Expand
  100. Mar 30, 2020
    I made an account to leave this review. DOOM Eternal is one of the best games I have played in the last 5 years. ID has managed to innovate and create something original, new, fresh. The first person shooter feeling becomes very strategic in how you kill your opponents. You need to manage your health, armor and ammo to stay alive. Sometimes that means killing your enemies in specific ways.I made an account to leave this review. DOOM Eternal is one of the best games I have played in the last 5 years. ID has managed to innovate and create something original, new, fresh. The first person shooter feeling becomes very strategic in how you kill your opponents. You need to manage your health, armor and ammo to stay alive. Sometimes that means killing your enemies in specific ways. Reinventing the run and gun campaign. You won't mindlessly shoot AI enemies, you will be forced to think fast or... die. A The campaign was very fun, challenging and something I'll be playing again.

....but the Marauder can be deleted from the games code. I mean that. It's a terrible enemy especially for this game. It is the only enemy that slows game play down to a crawl. And you do one mechanic against him; wait, get shot at see green eyes and shoot with a shotgun. Only a shotgun, any other gun is useless against him as far as I'm concerned. Delete that awful enemy, the fighting mechanic you make us do against him is not fun! Lastly I'd say that there is a lack of freedom in the game with the ammo, armor and health system. An alternative would have been nice, like a classic mode or something. DOOM fan boys will show their disgust with the system by rating 0's and leaving long ranted posts about how much they hate everything, don't listen to them ID Software! Great game! 10/10 amazingly fun campaign!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 32 Critic Reviews

An absolutely spectacular game, and one of the early highlight games of 2020. Doom Eternal will make you think as you kill, pushing your mind to its limits. That’s not a bad thing. It’s the perfect trip to hell.
  2. Apr 2, 2020
    Doom Eternal is an outstanding entry in the series marredby a few setbacks. There is a ton of content including one of the best shooter campaigns I have played this generation. The push and pull method of the combat is addictive to master and a blast to play. Everything looks and sounds fantastic and this is a game that makes me smile as a fan since the beginning. While the generation may be coming to an end, Doom Eternal is one of the games that will send it off with a bang.
  3. Mar 27, 2020
    Doom Eternal does everything better comparing to its adequate and robust predecessor. There is not a more violent, fast paced, gory and challenging FPS in the market today. Choose your weapons carefully and dive in.