7.4

1. Jan 30, 2020
    Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a Story-Driven Fighting Exploration Game featuring the Story and Characters we've loved for years. DBZ:K Follows Goku's tale throughout the DBZ story, from the Saiyans to Majin Buu. With extraordinary cell shading, the graphics feel as close to watching an anime as I've yet to experience. The classic sound of DBZ Music has been remixed, and well placed keeping theDragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a Story-Driven Fighting Exploration Game featuring the Story and Characters we've loved for years. DBZ:K Follows Goku's tale throughout the DBZ story, from the Saiyans to Majin Buu. With extraordinary cell shading, the graphics feel as close to watching an anime as I've yet to experience. The classic sound of DBZ Music has been remixed, and well placed keeping the feel of the Dragon Ball universe with every moment of gameplay. The Fighting Physics are reminiscent of the Tenkaichi Series from years past, simple to learn but takes some time to master. Now you even have some control over your teammates in battle, being able to activate special moves from them, adding a deeper element of strategy to battle. The fighting is just as intense and fast-paced as it should be, lending the feeling of moving at extreme speeds, and hitting harder than a train. The different areas of the game are open to explore, providing crafting supplies, random battles, and side quests for you to complete. The story has been polished up nicely, adding new instances, making some of the moments feel deeper, and removing almost all of the fluff, without harming the core of the story. With original voices, including the Narration voice of Doc Morgan. There is so much more to the game like the community board, where you can gather characters from the series, and unite them in thematic communities to enhance different aspects of play, from fighting and training to cooking and making Zeni! Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is hands down, the best installment of the Dragon Ball Video Game series! Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. E incrível como ele consegue ser quase igual a série melhor dragão ball que já joguei Expand
  3. Feb 15, 2020
    The best game in the series: the game sticks to the series, has great quests, the fighting scenes are awesome, the map is huge, controls are pretty easy, side stories are nice, ... really an addictive game!
  4. Jan 24, 2020
    Um otimo jogo tanto para os fans quanto para novatos na serie. Visualmente lindo e com boa jogabilidade.
  5. Jan 25, 2020
    The best Dragon Ball experience ever made until now!!! To the fans is obligatory
  6. Feb 2, 2020
    Beautiful gameplay, haven’t had this much fun in along time,definitely recommend this game to fans.
  7. Jan 19, 2020
    the sounds is good, really nostalgic, great game, my wish is dlcs, db have a lot history
  8. Jan 19, 2020
    Absolutely a must have for any DBZ fan. I was on the fence but after playing , I’m in love with the combat and story telling.
  9. Jan 20, 2020
    Ok, this game starts off pretty slow. I was worried in the beginning and thinking to myself if this is how the entire game is going to progress. But after about an hour, and getting used to the mechanics, it's absolutely incredible.
    Graphics are the best I've seen from any DBZ title, and can contend with some of the top current games at the moment in that regard.
    The game play and
    The game play and fighting is incredible. I am engaged in every fight. Bosses all have different fighting styles and their supers are all different, which requires different tactics for dodging or blocking them.
    The fact it's an rpg and i can go at my own pace and loot around is fantastic.

i love this game and could potentially put 100+ hours into it. I'm 20 in so far and its addicting.

The only downside is this is a game based off of Goku. But in the beginning you RARELY play him. maybe 1-2 hours of my 20 has been goku, which kind of stinks.

But other than that, its an A+ title and the best DBZ game of the franchise. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the other online titles.
  10. Jan 23, 2020
    It's a dream that came true for me, I've been waiting for a game that doesn't quite 80% of the history and only put the important fights of each saga, for me it's amazing.
  11. Jan 17, 2020
    I’m about 6 hours in and I’m honestly having a blast! I truly wasn’t expecting Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot to be this entertaining. I’m absolutely loving the combat and all the cut scenes feels like watching the series all over again. My only gripe in my opinion is the flying mechanics I just find it odd that to ascend you press RT (Right Trigger) on the controller and to descend its RB (RightI’m about 6 hours in and I’m honestly having a blast! I truly wasn’t expecting Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot to be this entertaining. I’m absolutely loving the combat and all the cut scenes feels like watching the series all over again. My only gripe in my opinion is the flying mechanics I just find it odd that to ascend you press RT (Right Trigger) on the controller and to descend its RB (Right Bumper) but it’s probably just me. Overall I give this game 8/10. Expand
  12. Jan 18, 2020
    Un gran juego especialmente para los fans, tiene muchos contenido y detalles para los más conocedores, sería perfecto si trajera doblaje latino
  13. Jan 19, 2020
    Havent had an amazing dbz game like this that sticks to the actual story since ps2. Freaking love it. & I have never put a review out there on anything. But this game needs the credit.
  14. Jan 20, 2020
    One of the Best!! dbz games ever made period. I would give it a 10 if it weren’t for some nit picky things. The Graphics of this game is far better than any dbz game, even better than fighterz, that’s right I said it!!
  15. Jan 22, 2020
    One of the best DBZ games out there! It's like watching the anime all over again. Controls feel a bit much at first but you will find your own way when in an actual fight.
  16. Jan 17, 2020
    Finally, after 2 decades of sub-par DBZ games (FighterZ the exception) we have a game that's willing to let you explore the world of Dragonball at your own pace. Feels like a large world and I'm very impressed with how they've incorporated little details in the animation (when Goku is in flight echoing his moves in the anime!) The fighting, the geographic correct locations of the lore'sFinally, after 2 decades of sub-par DBZ games (FighterZ the exception) we have a game that's willing to let you explore the world of Dragonball at your own pace. Feels like a large world and I'm very impressed with how they've incorporated little details in the animation (when Goku is in flight echoing his moves in the anime!) The fighting, the geographic correct locations of the lore's most famous and recognisable places.

It seems to borrow the questing system from the Yukuza system with side quests resembled blue "Sub stories"
  17. Jan 17, 2020
    Yes you will be playing through yet another re-telling of the story of Dragon Ball Z, but this is the ultimate fan service game out there.

If you were a fan of the GBA game Buu’s Fury then you’ll LOVE this.
  18. Jan 17, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A big step in the right direction, this game is good, it took me 6hrs just to do the stayain saga with all the extra and bonus missions. If you're a DBZ fan your going to love it, if you're not and your job is to critique games ofcourse your going to nitpick at the little things but other than minor bugs here and there this game is fun Expand
  19. Jan 17, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an amazing game! If you are a dragon ball fan you will enjoy playing through the anime along with bonus stories of never before explored canonical content. This is the dream game for any dragon ball z fan. The free roam really helps immerse you in the world and the combat is solid! Expand
  20. Jan 17, 2020
    Seriously best dragon Ball game ever! Critics never truly appreciate these games.
  21. Jan 22, 2020
    The DBZ game I’ve been waiting for as much as I’d love it to be more polished still an amazing game so refreshing hope they add DB Super into the game
  22. Jan 17, 2020
    Es el juego de dragonball que todos esperabamos, el juego definitivo de una de las mejores franquicias de la historia.
  23. Jan 17, 2020
    Jogo ta incrivel , combate , história , graficos
    Muito fluido , sem muitos loads
  24. Jan 17, 2020
    Awsome game, but i need versus mode, tournament mode and more stories like super and gt.
  25. Jan 22, 2020
    Yes this is yet another rehash of the Dragon Ball Z storyline. However while it may be a remake if a remake of another remake this may very well be the definitive telling of the Dragon Ball Z story in video games. So many beautiful cutscenes as well as filler episodes. The side quests while often not being varied enough in mission structure a lot of them have unique storylines thatYes this is yet another rehash of the Dragon Ball Z storyline. However while it may be a remake if a remake of another remake this may very well be the definitive telling of the Dragon Ball Z story in video games. So many beautiful cutscenes as well as filler episodes. The side quests while often not being varied enough in mission structure a lot of them have unique storylines that actually do add to the cannon of DBZ (often in hilarious ways) sadly this will not be a game for everyone such as people who didn’t grow up on DBZ or just haven’t seen it. But for the core fandom this game will be amazing and hit hard when it comes to nostalgia. Overall the gameplay is pretty fun. I’m 37hrs into the game just now beginning the Android saga. And so far with all of the content provided this game has been more than worth my money Expand
  26. Jan 19, 2020
    Are you people high giving this a high score? It's not passable as current-gen title; it barely passes as an OG Xbox title!

There are horrid animations, horrid controls that are both stiff AND floaty at the same time, terrible, repetitive dialog, and worst of all, boring combat. Here's the gist of the game, ready? You fly around with Tank controls for some reason, collecting

Here's the gist of the game, ready? You fly around with Tank controls for some reason, collecting different colored balls while looking for wind currents that sometimes control you, have an awful battle and do that for about 50 hours. Seem fun? It's not.

How any of this passed the quality testing is beyond me. I love DBZ, this though, is awful. Just a crapped out, 'C' grade title cashing in solely on blind fanaticism. I bit, and I totally regret my choice.
  27. Jan 18, 2020
    How this game works:
    Fly around and collect power-up balls.
    Engage in a battle. All battles are virtually 90% dodging the enemy attacks. This sound effect becomes extremely grating after the two hours or so of fighting. Even the fishing mechanic is half-assed. This game took everything dynamic and well developed within Xenoverses and scrapped it to make a lengthy nostalgia-bait game.
    How this game works:
    Fly around and collect power-up balls.
    Even the fishing mechanic is half-assed.

It's not a *bad* game. It's just a game that exists to be a cash grab.
  28. Jan 27, 2020
    This game has a side of fun and nostalgia, but, has more defects than qualitie
  29. Feb 4, 2020
    Jogo bom, porém tem alguns defeitos.
    Prós: Completamente fiel ao anime, trilha sonora igual e gráfico bonito..
    Defeitos: Elementos RPG inúteis, vc pode zerar o game facilmente sem usa-lõs.. Repetitivo em alguns momentos, o game poderia resumir mais algumas partes, como nos Adroids e Boo... Lutas 6 vezes contra o kid boo é desnecerrario e chato... Recomendo o game somente para fãs do
    Jogo bom, porém tem alguns defeitos.
    Prós: Completamente fiel ao anime, trilha sonora igual e gráfico bonito..

Recomendo o game somente para fãs do anime... Gamer tag: Edgard 86
  30. Feb 16, 2020
    PROS:
    The story mode is great and there’s a lot of fun stuff revolving around that. So if it was just about playing through the story I’d give it a 9. CONS:
    PROS:
    This is an open world RPG and it drops the ball really hard on that aspect. Although the maps are great, after you’ve seen them all it gets very boring. It’s the same repetitive quests over and over again where you have to go pick up a purple orb and bring it back. Or fight the same generic robots for someone. Gathering the Dragonballs is nothing but waiting on an area to load, pick up the ball, repeat. The worst thing about the game though is the absolutely horrible fighting mechanics. There’s no skill to them at all. Which for this kind of game would be perfectly ok, but they try to make it so that there’s skill to it. Problem is you only get a few kinds of attacks and dodges. But you can’t always do them because the terrible camera angles in a fight as well as the over blown animations for the bigger attacks in the late game that completely kills the frame rates and sometimes crashes the game. Makes it pretty hard to do anything when you can barely see your character.

They also did a terrible job with the AI for harder bosses in the end game/training. The way the decided to “increase the difficulty” was to ignore all the basic mechanics of the game and make them overwhelm you to the point where you can move because their animations are killing the frame rate so you can’t see. Most annoying thing is how when it’s actually working smoothly for a minute, the AI can ignore the fact you’re hitting them with your strongest attack and just fire off their own stopping yours. Or when you try to do an attack and one of the 3 AI rushes and just hits you one time to cancel your attack so you can’t do anything.

OVERALL:
    The way the did the story was good, but the gameplay doesn’t feel polished or thought through. I know a lot of people are giving this a good score just because they love Dragonball, but the devs really need to spend some time on this before they drop the DLC to make it work better. The massive drops in frame rate on console and repetitive tasks are so bad it’s not even fun to play after you beat the game.
  31. May 8, 2020
    This is by far the best Dragon Ball game in many many years. I was so hoping to see an RPG game that is kinda like the anime and not like 99% of the Dragon Ball games we had to play all these years which was just normal Beat em up games like Street Fighter skinned as a DB game and had 0 to do with Dragon Ball the Anime itself. Goku hitting Hercule with a 10x Ka Me Ha Me Ha and he gets justThis is by far the best Dragon Ball game in many many years. I was so hoping to see an RPG game that is kinda like the anime and not like 99% of the Dragon Ball games we had to play all these years which was just normal Beat em up games like Street Fighter skinned as a DB game and had 0 to do with Dragon Ball the Anime itself. Goku hitting Hercule with a 10x Ka Me Ha Me Ha and he gets just some scraches?

I was hating all these Dragon Ball games we've been feeding all these years and FINALLY a Dragon Ball RPG game with quests, allot of exploration stuff to do, several character to lvl up, some mini games and much more. A Dragon Ball game where you FINALLY could train that strong that you could one shot most enemy who are much weaker than you just like in the Anime itself so the point of training makes finally a sense.

A Tip for beginner. When you are 5 lvl above the enemy on the map, you can finish the fight without even starting it by Super Speed flying into them. This method saves you allllllllot of time lvling up your character from the beginning of the game. If you love Dragon Ball then this is in fact a MUST HAVE.
  32. Jun 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a Story-Driven Fighting Exploration Game featuring the Story and Characters we've loved for years. DBZ:K Follows Goku's tale throughout the DBZ story, from the Saiyans to Majin Buu. With extraordinary cell shading, the graphics feel as close to watching an anime as I've yet to experience. The classic sound of DBZ Music has been remixed, and well placed keeping the feel of the Dragon Ball universe with every moment of gameplay. The Fighting Physics are reminiscent of the Tenkaichi Series from years past, simple to learn but takes some time to master. Now you even have some control over your teammates in battle, being able to activate special moves from them, adding a deeper element of strategy to battle. The fighting is just as intense and fast-paced as it should be, lending the feeling of moving at extreme speeds, and hitting harder than a train. The different areas of the game are open to explore, providing crafting supplies, random battles, and side quests for you to complete. The story has been polished up nicely, adding new instances, making some of the moments feel deeper, and removing almost all of the fluff, without harming the core of the story. With original voices, including the Narration voice of Doc Morgan. There is so much more to the game like the community board, where you can gather characters from the series, and unite them in thematic communities to enhance different aspects of play, from fighting and training to cooking and making Zeni! Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is hands down, the best installment of the Dragon Ball Video Game series! Expand
  33. Jun 19, 2020
    Juego nostalgia pura con la musica original de todos las temporadas si te gusta dragon ball una joya que no puedes olvidar
  34. Jul 21, 2020
    The story progresses as it does in the anime and it's awesome and captures ALL the great moments that happened in the anime. You're basically watching the anime and you will start fighting when fights actually happened in the anime.
  35. Sep 2, 2020
    Um jogo que perde um potencial enorme com tão pouco.
    O jogo em seus trailers, passa que o jogo é uma adaptação incrível e moderna do clássico anime, mas peca terrivelmente em seu conteúdo.
    começando pelas cenas pré-renderizadas, o jogo não consegue entregar algo da própria engine, apesar dos gráficos serem lindissimos e detalhados, o jogo peca ao não confiar em seu motor gráfico, O
    Um jogo que perde um potencial enorme com tão pouco.
    O mundo aberto apesar de parecer recheado de novidades para explorar, não passa de algo vago com varios inimigos que te atacam a cada 1km que você passa, iniciando uma luta automaticamente e só te permitindo sair dela derrotando os mesmos, tornando o jogo cansativo, massante e até mesmo frustrante, algo completamente desnecessário.
    Fora também os órbes que ficam pelos céus, comprometendo o horizonte e seu cenário deslumbrante, voar e pegar esses órbes torna o jogo não muito superior que o Superman 64...

Amo a Cyberconnect2 e seus jogos, tanto a franquia Storm quanto Asura's Wrath, e todos eles conseguem ser mais solidos e interessantes no final do que o jogo mais importante que a desenvolvedora teve em mãos, pois estamos falando das maiores obras do mundo pop, Dragon Ball Z..
  36. Dec 22, 2020
    It's a Dragon Ball Z game...you know what you're getting the second you see the title. It's another retelling of the same story that has been retold multiple times. I don't say that in some massive negative way, but a realistic way of how the game should be viewed.

It does what it's suppose too, it tells the story of Dragon Ball Z from the Saiyan battle onward. It's open world

It's open world exploration reminds me of Boudikai 3, which in my opinion is still the best Dragon Ball game ever made.
    The game is fun for the most part, but if you've been playing DBZ games as long as I have, it can get boring very fast.
  37. Dec 23, 2020
    I loved every minute of this game. Best DragonBall game since Xenoverse 2. While it does skip some moments from the anime it does cover a lot with some amazing cutscenes
  38. Jan 9, 2021
    Absolutely a BLAST! It's been a very long time since I have spent so many hours into a game. I am a HUGE fan of DBZ since I was kid.

It's a MUST have if you are a fan. This is game is beautiful.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 26 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 18, 2020
    This game feels just like you’re playing through the anime series at a more rapid pace. Besides Dragonball Fighter Z, it’s the first game I’ve seen to capture the feel of the series so very well and with a good bit of quality. Dragonball Z: Kakarot is a great companion piece to the old DBZ series. Whether you’re new to the series, are watching it right now or have seen it back in the past (like me) then there is something here to enjoy for you. Fans will get the most of the game, but newcomers will get introduced to the series rather well.
  2. Mar 2, 2020
    While DBZ:K is a great way to relive the original series with enjoyable combat and dead-on aesthetics, it’s saddled with an open world two generations behind that detracts from the promise it shows.
  3. Feb 21, 2020
    My only gripe is that for how much this game wants to be seen like an RPG it never really does anything of interest with it. If the world is going to be big, fill it with quests. Fill it with more side activities. Even if the main focus is combat, give me a reason to explore the world more than just Dragon Ball flashbacks and collectibles I am required to have to upgrade skills. I think the Yakuza games and more importantly the Fist of the North Star game from the Yakuza team shows that the game can still have heavy emphasis on combat and still be a role playing game. Kakarot unfortunately just doesn’t hit that mark.