- Publisher: Ripstone
- Release Date: Sep 23, 2015
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U
- Summary: Extreme Exorcism is an action platformer with a spooky twist. You assume the role of Mae Barrons, tiny medium at large who is tasked with ridding a haunted house full of evil spirits. Instead of using seances and crystal balls, Mae uses rocket launchers, swords and a kick-ass arsenal to getExtreme Exorcism is an action platformer with a spooky twist. You assume the role of Mae Barrons, tiny medium at large who is tasked with ridding a haunted house full of evil spirits. Instead of using seances and crystal balls, Mae uses rocket launchers, swords and a kick-ass arsenal to get her point across. Unfortunately for her, with every ghost she kills, another takes it's place copying everything she did the round before.… Expand
- Developer: Golden Ruby Games
- Genre(s): Action, Platformer, 2D
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Extreme Exorcism - Launch Trailer
Positive: 3 out of 10
Mixed: 6 out of 10
Negative: 1 out of 10
Oct 5, 2015The retro-inspired pixel graphics and frenetic pace will ultimately not appeal to everybody but there's enjoyment to be found, even for even novice players.
Oct 1, 2015With a simple concept and easy to learn controls, Extreme Exorcism is a really entertaining game that offers a chaotic yet funny gameplay, especially in its multiplayer mode. However and after sometime playing it, it could turn somewhat repetitive; even more if you are playing it by yourself.
Oct 15, 2015A tightly-designed and visually pleasing title that could stand to wring more content out of a clever and relatively under-explored central mechanic. Players who click with it will likely enjoy hours of maximizing scores and minimizing accidental deaths, but those not in love with the core mechanic aren't likely to be won over by this spooky shooter.
Sep 22, 2015If anything, Extreme Exorcism is a game for those who have tried TowerFall and Samurai Gunn at their parties and want something even more hectic, and bustin' makes them feel good; otherwise players new to the genre may feel a bit overwhelmed with the amount of on-screen action.
Official Xbox Magazine UKNov 9, 2015Only ever as hard as you are daft. [Dec 2015, p.86]
Oct 13, 2015As charming and as neat of an idea as playing past-versions of yourself is, there are simply not enough legs to the core hook here and that dooms the final product to mediocrity right from the start.
Oct 14, 2015The unbalanced multiplayer, uninspiring music and repetitive gameplay are just a few of the more significant issues that dragged the entire experience down. Sadly, Extreme Exorcism is going straight to the graveyard for me.
- (1 view)