3.2

1. Nov 19, 2018
    The gunplay and shooting mechanics surprised me a great deal because I didn’t expect them to pack as much of a punch as they did and I didn’t expect them to be as fluid as they were. There isn’t a huge amount of depth available when it comes to the game’s story what is available has actually been done pretty well. There are a few problems when it comes to the presentation side of thingsThe gunplay and shooting mechanics surprised me a great deal because I didn’t expect them to pack as much of a punch as they did and I didn’t expect them to be as fluid as they were. There isn’t a huge amount of depth available when it comes to the game’s story what is available has actually been done pretty well. There are a few problems when it comes to the presentation side of things but on the whole I enjoyed what both the visuals and sound design delivered to me. The world in which the game takes place is big it just doesn’t hook you and that’s mainly because it lacks excitement and livery. Technically the game suffers with an array of issues which hold the game back. Each quest I went on in the game lacked excitement and there wasn’t much fun to be had along the way. There is a lack of variety present in the enemies you face in the game as well. In terms of replay ability the game doesn’t have much at the moment because everything is repetitive. I’ll admit to you now that I had some reservations when I first learned that Fallout 76 was going to be online only and by the looks of different forums I wasn’t the only one who had reservations with this. I love the Fallout style though so I was ready to look past this and play Fallout 76 with my mind completely open, and that’s exactly what I did. Unfortunately though after a brief amount of time it became clear that this game is filled with problems and in a way it just doesn’t have the formula the previous game’s had. I always enjoyed traversing in the previous Fallout game’s, but traversing around in this game just lacked it's the fun of its predecesors. The quests are further hindered by the various technical issues in the game and when it’s all said and done there’s just too many issues which in turn hold the game back. At the end of the day as it stands at the moment I can’t recommend a higher score for Fallout 76 to you because it just has too much wrong with it. This is a shame because it does get some things right like the solid gunplay but the good things it does get right are quickly forgotten and in the end all that you’re left with is a shell of what the Fallout series has always been. Hopefully updates in the future will make theme more enjoyable and what it was intended to be from the initial concept. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2018
    Buggy, Laggy, Boring... How on earth Bethesda thought this game was ready for release is beyond me.. Save your money.
  3. Nov 14, 2018
    It's fun. People who post negative reviews, day 1, for random reasons they are grinding their axe too, are morons.
    Have played solo. Fun
    Played with friends. Fun Is there work to do? Yes. I didn't realize how a lack of NPC's would make the game feel empty, in a bad way. I am enjoying FO76, and I look forward to what Bethesda can make out of this. But this does need work. I
    Have played solo. Fun
    Played with friends. Fun

I want more CAMP space to build. Bigger stash. Harsher consequences for death. PVE & PVP servers. Remove level caps on everything. The level caps make no sense at all in a game like this.

If you haven't played the game, and aren't making a critique on what you like/don't like in a vacuum from comparisons to what you have played/wanted, shut up and go away. You are an idiot.
  4. Oct 25, 2019
    So I played at launch and well, you know the story. For me the biggest thing was how empty the world felt, I never want that feeling in a BGS title. So I got the game for free and played the new update that added npcs and it already feels alot better. I still would rather have this be a single layer experience but it doesn't seem that nad especially if you can get it for cheap. It looksSo I played at launch and well, you know the story. For me the biggest thing was how empty the world felt, I never want that feeling in a BGS title. So I got the game for free and played the new update that added npcs and it already feels alot better. I still would rather have this be a single layer experience but it doesn't seem that nad especially if you can get it for cheap. It looks pretty good (compared to Fo4) and it will pass the time hopefully until Cyberpunk comes out. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2018
    I'm holding out hope that the game's current issues: lag spikes, difficulty loading textures, teleporting enemies, wonky hitboxes, etc., will be fixed shortly. However, even with all of these issues resolved Fallout 76 will remain feeling empty. It's quite a strange feeling: the only company you have are robots and other players, who are likely pursuing their own goals, and who with whichI'm holding out hope that the game's current issues: lag spikes, difficulty loading textures, teleporting enemies, wonky hitboxes, etc., will be fixed shortly. However, even with all of these issues resolved Fallout 76 will remain feeling empty. It's quite a strange feeling: the only company you have are robots and other players, who are likely pursuing their own goals, and who with which there is little interaction besides emotes. Typically, I would say that this sense of emptiness would be beneficial to a post-apocalyptic game, but most of the landscape remains lush and teeming with creatures, in stark contrast to the social capabilities of the player. I'm a huge Bethesda fan, but I can't help but feel disappointed with this installment. Expand
  6. Nov 24, 2018
    The game has many bugs and issues and should be labeled as early access title. But exploring the huge world, collecting loot and finding new weapons and lore items is still very fun. If they fix the issues it could be a great game. The cosmetic microtransactions are very expensive (12-18 € for a skin).
  7. Dec 21, 2018
    Try it before you crap on the game. you cant tell much about a game if you only play 20 minutes . don't just fallow the masses make your own opinion.
  8. Nov 23, 2018
    It's a real shame, I have actually gotten some enjoyment out of it. The keyword there being "Some". For every hour I have enjoyed there has been an hour of things that have just pissed me off.

I have had to rely on exploits to fix the issues I have with it such as the infinite carry weight. The carry weight and shooting mechanics alone are enough to force you to use a Strength build so that you have enough carry weight (before I used the exploit) and don't have to shoot much. There is also the damn scaling on enemies that I think is working in the background, If a damn level 50 player with 15 Strength cant come in and one shot a level 10 with a melee weapon then wtf even is the point of levels. There are also areas that are clearly designed around a group of players which causes you to get overrun and killed even though it's also meant to be able to be played solo.

There are bugs I don't need to say much more about them except that I think this is the buggiest game I have ever played. The performance is atrocious on Xbox One X, other consoles and even PC from what I have seen online, which is unacceptable especially on the more powerful machines. Fun with friends, the world can be beautiful at times and hideous at others, the world is fun to explore but can be a chore when you factor in the difficulty spikes I mentioned and the story is there if you decide to look for it.

I really hope Bethesda can fix this game and improve it in the future because there is potential there. Fix your engines flaws, improve it and don't let this same **** happen again to Starfield and TES VI (I will actually be waiting for reviews before I buy those ones),
  9. Dec 1, 2018
    Honestly i feel this game is a 5. Not thinking about the publisher or comparing it to other past games in the franchise, the game is an okay game to play. I constanly struggle to get into a game and have been kicked during "fun moments" which is horrible. They should have never released the game with the amount of bugs. They could have waiting until Dec to get the product closer to whatHonestly i feel this game is a 5. Not thinking about the publisher or comparing it to other past games in the franchise, the game is an okay game to play. I constanly struggle to get into a game and have been kicked during "fun moments" which is horrible. They should have never released the game with the amount of bugs. They could have waiting until Dec to get the product closer to what they had hoped. The content is good but not as much as i expected. You constanly fight the carry weight and stash size. Even with the stash limit increase it will be annoying to say the least. The PVP is broken, in the sense that we have no point of participating in it at all. Workshops are a waste of time because it resets with each login and you lose you resources placed into the shop. You cant sell much because the vendors caps are super limited. I really like the graphs and feel of the game. I just wish it wasnt so half way produced and limited components inside the game. Not being able to connect to the server must be fixed, or refunds must be given. No other product could u sell broken, video games should be no different. Expand
  10. Oct 29, 2019
    Not as bad as people make it out to be.
    Hope they can add more content and especially stop making dumb decisions.
    This game could be a lot better if they improved performance, added npc's (which is supposed to come with Wastelanders dlc), basically make it more fun.
    Still have hope for this game!
  11. Nov 14, 2018
    I've only played this game for 3 hours so far, and the biggest thing i can say about fallout's foray into multiplayer is that it's interesting. It is definitely a fallout game, as i was able to punch 20 enemies to death in the first 5 minutes. Appalachia is beautiful and i haven't seen another player since the vault. Since multiplayer aspect has to be balanced, the rest of the game is moreI've only played this game for 3 hours so far, and the biggest thing i can say about fallout's foray into multiplayer is that it's interesting. It is definitely a fallout game, as i was able to punch 20 enemies to death in the first 5 minutes. Appalachia is beautiful and i haven't seen another player since the vault. Since multiplayer aspect has to be balanced, the rest of the game is more of a give and take. The new perk system is somewhat confusing but decent. Weapon condition has been reintroduced to the franchise, but there are workbenches and junk everywhere so fixing something is only a short sprint away. Some weapons and perks have level requirements, but these pack a punch when you finally equip them. Every item you pick up has realistic weight to it (yes, even ammo at .003/round). Enemies aren't tanky but they aren't one shot either. In all honesty, it just feels like what it is: a fallout game retooled for multiplayer. It has great potential to be a fun and balanced game for players, but truth be told, it's no botw. Expand
  12. Nov 17, 2018
    TL;DR: Enjoyed the first 30+ hours until the game bugs infected my mood... DO NOT BUY in current state

Updated 11/17: I've updated my review because the last 10 hours of play have been riddled with 2 broken quests (unable to complete still), 5 crashes in the middle of combat, constantly having to rebuild your base anytime you move and some of the worst frame rate issues I've every seen in a videogame (on X1X)
  13. Nov 15, 2018
    I'm a big fallout fan played them all for many hours and if you go into 76 thinking you will have a "classic" fallout experience you'll be disappointed. The newest installment in the franchise almost seems like a step backwards with even more bugs, glitches, and frame rate issues than fallout 4. The game is pretty boring as a solo player but if you round up some pals you'll have some realI'm a big fallout fan played them all for many hours and if you go into 76 thinking you will have a "classic" fallout experience you'll be disappointed. The newest installment in the franchise almost seems like a step backwards with even more bugs, glitches, and frame rate issues than fallout 4. The game is pretty boring as a solo player but if you round up some pals you'll have some real good fun. The downside to playing with friends is there isn't much of a challenge at all when taking on mobs of enemies, Four people at level 10 with guns and stimpaks is more than enough to take on fifty super mutants double your level. PvP seems kinda useless and isn't very rewarding. Micro transactions... well they suck. Conclusion a fun game with friends that isn't really worth $60 but if you can hold out for price drops I'd pick it up. Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2018
    I'm not one that's given much to levying a whole slew of complaints about any given topic without offering suggestions. To me, that's just whining. In essence, this game is far from perfect. It has a whole host of issues ranging from issues pertaining to graphics, to storyline, and everything in between.
    First I will focus on the positive aspects of the game. If you're into multiplayer games, this game is all right. You almost have to have a crew in this game in order for it to be truly interesting. In a way, it really does appeal to me because it requires socialization and communication amongst teammates.
    Secondly, I come to the negative side. In my opinion, gear needs to be scaled to your level. What good is a level 20 rocket launcher but I'm only a level 10? It just doesn't make sense to me that I would obtain this rocket launcher ten levels before I can use it. Additionally, there seem to be many bugs in this game. The biggest one in my opinion is the fact that I get kicked out of the server on occasion. This can be a real bummer esspecially in a multiplayer game. Also, I've seen creatures such as the behemoth just sitting in the middle of the lake, not moving. I don't know whether to target him or avoid him?
    Now for suggestions. Bethesda already has a rather successful MMORPG on the market. If they are hell-bent on making fallout an RPG style game, they shouldn't do a sloppy job at it. One of the things I like about Elder scrolls online is that you can complete the quest in whatever order you choose, in both you and the creatures deal damage in proportion to your level. You can run across a level 30 creature when you're level 10, ever. The same should be true for fallout. Additionally, the map should be much bigger. I'd even say quadruple the size of it. They should also have more players on the server as well. Think World of Warcraft; which brings me to my next point, they should really consider clan system. Another common complaint I've heard in the some extent I agree with that is that it will remain true to the Lord surrounding the fallout story. Every good game is a story, it has a pretext and then the storyline. This naturally leads me to the fact that there is no overarching story here. A good game has a really good story behind it, an ultimate quest which should take the player quite a while to achieve, daily quests, and numerous side quests and ultimately this question be given by real humanoid NPC's. Some don't see the utility in having humanoid NPC's, but there is a psychological factor at play here because the game feels really lonely without them. Especially when you only have a few dozen people on the server. I think many of these issues can be addressed by issuing a few patches and a really awesome, but heavily discounted DLC which would serve as an apology to the customers that were disappointed an incentive for new customers to buy the game.
  15. Nov 15, 2018
    I played this for a few hours yesterday, and this game is a solid 5.

Pros: - The game is built on the Fallout 4 graphics engine, so the world and characters look fairly good (if a little dated). - The crafting system has been expanded to allow you to break down not just junk for raw materials, but also weapons and armor (beyond the old "4 steel for your 10mm pistol" - The C.A.M.P.
    I played this for a few hours yesterday, and this game is a solid 5.

Pros:
    - The C.A.M.P. system lets you build up your base almost anywhere outside mapped areas, and when you want to move, you can pack it back up and take it with you.
    - The ability to team up on the fly, with selectable voice chat options, means you can work together when you want to. I ended up teaming up with a rando right out of the vault, and it made exploring way more fun.
    - The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system has been reworked. You start with 1 in every category, and improve them as you level up. You also get perk cards that have their own value. You can then stack perk card on an attribute up to that attribute's level. So if my Perception is 3, I can stack 3 level 1 perception perk cards on it.

Cons:
    - The biggest issue for me is that there are no NPCs other than random robots (either with a quest or selling stuff). Most quests are found by reading notes or listening to holotapes, which (pun intended) just feels hollow. This also means if there isn't anyone else around, you feel very truly lonely.
    - There are level caps on items, and in order to craft better gear you need to find blueprints which seem few and far between.
    - There are bugs and glitches (world clipping, spawning loop issues, etc), but hopefully they will be fixed in the near future.
  16. Nov 15, 2018
    This Game is fun i cant stop playing it with my friends, learning of what happened to the NPC's in Fallout 76.
    Sad story line

immersive world

17. Nov 19, 2018
    I understand the negativity on this game. The graphics resolution is poor, there is also a poor frame rate. The frame rate is punishing when you are trying to destroy hordes of baddies, particularly using the aiming mechanism of VATS. The shooting mechanics are just not accurate enough, IMO
    The menu system is dated perhaps but it is functional. It is clunky, but it works. Apparently, the stash hold is too small for many but isn't part of the game about stash management.

I honestly do see what they have tried to do without the NPC. You have left the vault (76) after being given the all clear from Nuclear Holocaust. The only population that will be freed on to the wilderness will be those from vault 76, no other infrastructure will be around, no other groups and no other individuals. It will be a lonely place. The plan is to get all those from Vault 76 to work together as per overseers instructions, in a world void of humanity.
    The cooperation element doesn't work for, I've had the opportunity to join groups but haven't done so. There is no chat system of note, this side needs a bit more development. Only 20 players per servers suggest little scope for hooking up with others. You need 50 - 100 to have an effective human eco-system. The human ecosystem is way too small to allow for sufficient multiplayer.

My camp always disappears when I leave the server, surely, your camp should remain permanent. Not sure why this happens.

So yes, there are significant flaws in the games. but strangely, I'm enjoying the experience. It's a testament to the game concept and game premise that perhaps keeps people tied to the game.

I found Fallout 4 boring, but the story structure here seems to always keep me moving around the map. Fallout 4 didn't do that.

I've lost server connection on a few occasions in about 20 hours playing. Frustrating.

So yes, it is a frustrating experience, sadly one that is too common nowadays.

Luckily, I have unlimited broadband download at a good speed. To recieve an update of 53Gb on this game, would be a serious pain for many. 50Gb or 100Gb download would be significant limit for many. How can they do this? DO THEY RECEIVE ADDITIONAL MONEY FOR SUCH LARGE UPDATES. All games do this now where they replace the whole software with updated versions. I suspect they get a degree of revenue back from the internet suppliers.
    This abuse by the games industry must be stopped. yes, having updated product is great but there are repercussion for the end user. More consideration please.

back to Fallout 76. yes, it can look ugly, yes it has low frame rate, or no frame rate at times, its systems are tried and tested with the game engine very old now (it is showings age). A lesson for the developer, get that engine updated because you will lose kudos. Fans deserve the best experience for their buck and yes, the engine has served the developer well but in this day and age, such a product release would be a problem.
    Give the game ago, but wait for the sales, IMO.
  18. Nov 22, 2018
    The game very clearly wasn't ready to be launched and would have benefited from another year in development. However I find the game enjoyable, especially with friends. The game tries something new and I think it did its job in answering the question of "what would Fallout be with friends". The game feels a lot like Fallout 4, so if you enjoyed that game you should enjoy Fallout 76. I canThe game very clearly wasn't ready to be launched and would have benefited from another year in development. However I find the game enjoyable, especially with friends. The game tries something new and I think it did its job in answering the question of "what would Fallout be with friends". The game feels a lot like Fallout 4, so if you enjoyed that game you should enjoy Fallout 76. I can see the potential of the game and hope that Bethesda can capitalize on the game's potential Expand
  19. Dec 2, 2018
    People need to stop and ask if it is really that bad.

People need to stop and ask if it is really that bad.

Yes, this could've been done so much better, this came from the same studio that cancelled Prey 2 because of quality issues. So for them to release this without at least acknowledging the bugs is surprising. Huge updates are coming in and with not much-changing quality-wise, it puts me to edge the wonder if they even care. Fans and Bethesda say they're gonna fix something, all I can say is by god they better.

The graphics, my lord the graphics. Bethesda really tried to act like Fallout 76 was gonna make GTA 5 look like damn Super Mario 64. Spoiler alert, it's basically the same as Fallout 4. I'm not one to care much about graphics, but this is Bethesda! At least make this games graphics look better than the last one like every other company does.

And look, if you're bored from Fallout 4, hate to say it, but 76 doesn't have much more to offer. Yes, there is multiplayer and nukes to launch, though other than that, that's the only thing I really think of that stands out from 4. Though if you're missing Fallout 4, you want to jump into the wasteland again, this may be something to consider trying.

(Small spoiler alert, skip to next paragraph to avoid)
    Alright the story: don't expect much. From what I played it's about the overseer (leader) of the vault trying to pick up some research about the "Scorched", victims the mysterious disease infecting West Virginia. It's alright. Though I wish they kept NPCs for this, instead of throwing a bunch of damn pieces of plastic around, or holotapes as known, where you hear them but not see them. It gets boring over time and it feels more lonely than intriguing.

There are a couple of things I liked about the game overall though. Fallout 4 had the most depressing and gloomy map I've ever seen. That was what deserves the title "Fifty Shades of Gray". But in 76, there so much colour around the map, from the dark gloomy land of mines Ash Heap to the white and snowy Toxic Valley with amusement parks. This games colours and map really is fun to explore and sightsee.

Overall, this game has its problems no doubt. But overall it feels like an ordinary Fallout game, just with a few changes that weren't pleasing.
  20. Dec 28, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion I like Fallout 76.You should get Fallout 76 if you like The elder scrolls online.If you are the single player gamer you might not like fallout 76.You Start off in a vault 76 room and the character creator is amazing!Then you get the pitboy.I also like how you can play old school games on some computers:).But I Hate the Special system I 76!But were the game really falls is the MICOTRANSACTIONS!!!!The caps prices in the store are **** ridiculous!!!Also the cosmetics are **** otherwise I give this game a 7/10 Expand
  21. Jun 20, 2019
    Figured I would say my peace about 76... I preordered and paid in full before even the beta happened. It was a disappointing launch but and a whole but, 350 hours later it’s a hell of a lot of fun. It runs 100x better than at launch there is so much to do and getting more every month. I will admit I was worried the whole npc thing and other real people thing but it’s amazing when you hereFigured I would say my peace about 76... I preordered and paid in full before even the beta happened. It was a disappointing launch but and a whole but, 350 hours later it’s a hell of a lot of fun. It runs 100x better than at launch there is so much to do and getting more every month. I will admit I was worried the whole npc thing and other real people thing but it’s amazing when you here he’ll breaking loose up a hill and go see what’s going on only to see someone lower level in serious trouble and you save the day. Then you can leave them a nice gift to make there dayparting gift. Expand
  22. Jun 21, 2019
    At launch there were some problems, but I still enjoyed the ride. A great Fallout experience overall. You don't have to play with others, or you can choose to fight PvP/battle royal with a team. Probably most hours spent playing any game this or last year.
  23. Sep 3, 2019
    Despite the game having many flaws even nine months after release, there are still many enjoyable parts to the game that make it fun and addictive. If you didn't like the idea of Fallout 76 to begin with, or you aren't a fan of Bethesda Game Studios, then you probably will hate this game. However, if you've seen game-play of the game and are interested, try it out.
  24. Oct 23, 2019
    Pas de mode solo correcte ,pas de PNJ , graphismes daté , bugs en tous genres .
  25. Jan 21, 2019
    As much as I have tried to stay positive about this game, it just doesn't have much to offer. I don't know why Bethesda thought having no NPCs was a good idea. The world itself is vast and exciting to explore, but the lack of NPCs makes it feel empty & lifeless. The story is incredibly weak, relying on holotapes and robots to tell it. Rewards for completing quests and events areAs much as I have tried to stay positive about this game, it just doesn't have much to offer. I don't know why Bethesda thought having no NPCs was a good idea. The world itself is vast and exciting to explore, but the lack of NPCs makes it feel empty & lifeless. The story is incredibly weak, relying on holotapes and robots to tell it. Rewards for completing quests and events are underwhelming and not worth the time and effort put into them. The stash limit also becomes a liability when you run out of room to stash your gear because of all the junk you've collected. The amount of bugs & glitches are just ridiculous, and unacceptable for a AAA title.

Above all, it just feels like an unfinished game, and I guess that's partially true. But it feels like it was rushed through development so as to be released in time for the holidays. This game had so much potential, and still does. But Bethesda has yet to show us that they have the ability to utilize it. I'm giving this a 6 to be generous, in hopes that it somehow manages to pull a No Man's Sky on us. In other words, come back and play this game a year from now.
  26. Jan 23, 2019
    I do not care what everyone else is saying about this game, I personally, am having a good time with this game. It has so much to look at in it. Many of these reviews are band wagon reviews and didn't even give the game a chance. I love the world space and the amount of things to do in the game is insane. I solo this game and was worried that i wouldn't enjoy it solo but i have. The lackI do not care what everyone else is saying about this game, I personally, am having a good time with this game. It has so much to look at in it. Many of these reviews are band wagon reviews and didn't even give the game a chance. I love the world space and the amount of things to do in the game is insane. I solo this game and was worried that i wouldn't enjoy it solo but i have. The lack of NPCs doesn't bother me in the slightest and the grind isn't too bad. i have over 500 hours in fallout 4 and as i am playiny 76 i can definatly say that this game is alot like FO4 but it isnt in its own right. It does have glitches and can be slightly annoying but looking past that its fun. Once you get use to the camp building process that is fun as well. i love finding little pieces of lore and teddy bear setups all over. the most annoying thing on the game to me is the servers being unstable. the game play is fun and the challenge to it is well enough to not frustrate me to quit. as a fan of the fallout series i am happy with this game. its not the best of Bethesda but it isn't terrible. Expand
  27. Jan 25, 2019
    Don't buy this game unless you know exactly what you're paying for. The usual redeeming qualities found in Bethesda's games are rarely present here. The visual storytelling of Fallout 76 can be interesting, but it can become boring when this is all there is to see. Holotapes can go on for much too long, and really aren't suited to a multiplayer game. When I bought this game I tried hard toDon't buy this game unless you know exactly what you're paying for. The usual redeeming qualities found in Bethesda's games are rarely present here. The visual storytelling of Fallout 76 can be interesting, but it can become boring when this is all there is to see. Holotapes can go on for much too long, and really aren't suited to a multiplayer game. When I bought this game I tried hard to love it like I've loved the previous Fallout games, but this one just doesn't have it. The world is interesting, and can be beautiful, but that doesn't save this game. Too many problems already exist. Even now with most of the bugs fixed, there are fundamental problems with design of the game. With a Fallout game, we expect to have choices, to make meaningful decisions, but this option does not exist here. There aren't any human NPCs, and there aren't any options for dialogue. Theoretically this was supposed to be made up for by interacting with other players, but it just doesn't work in the way that it should. I gave this game a 5 because it has moments of real brilliance, where everything clicks, but it doesn't happen often enough to justify the purchase. Expand
  28. Jul 2, 2020
    I played the last version a few months ago and it was a buggy mess but playable. Now I have spent some time with the latest version and it is a MORE playable buggy mess. It is fine though. All the core parts that are broken still are but the game is fine.

They said it is at Fallout 3 level now with NPCs... and yeah, it is certainly at least as good as the multiplayer version of a buggy 12-year-old game. And for the most part, it is enough.

To me, this is a MULTIPLAYER game so the fact that you can be on the same mission as your friend and at the same part but doing their instance does NOT credit your mission is SUPER annoying! I wish they at least gave you an option or let you redo it but to make it that you regularly have to solo chunks of the game is A DRAG! Oh well...
  29. Feb 6, 2019
    I mean the game isn't a horrible game and it's far from being horrible it's just meh but there is some good stuf in this game it's just that there are not many players in sush a huge world and it's very bugy. But if you don't know what to do you can play this game
  30. Feb 22, 2019
    Enjoying the game when it comes to combat, would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't so buggy with teammates going invisible after fast travel/entering buildings, t-posing enemies and more.
    Still enjoy coming back to the game even if it can be lackluster, jumping around doing events is the only thing driving now.
    Hoping things will get fixed and that the dlcs will be worthwhile.
  31. May 10, 2019
    By know, I'm sure you've heard all about Fallout 76. The good, the bad, and the ugly. However, I wanted to shed some positive light because this game is actually pretty dang fun. the open world multiplayer concept is an incredibly fun and good idea for the Fallout world. Though I will admit having some human NPCs would be nice, being able to not only be a vendor yourself but going to otherBy know, I'm sure you've heard all about Fallout 76. The good, the bad, and the ugly. However, I wanted to shed some positive light because this game is actually pretty dang fun. the open world multiplayer concept is an incredibly fun and good idea for the Fallout world. Though I will admit having some human NPCs would be nice, being able to not only be a vendor yourself but going to other players camps and being able to buy and sell there is a great fix. While the quests are for the most part fun, some can feel repetitive. However, I thoroughly enjoy walking throughout the open world and attacking creatures of all sorts! the crafting is a nice touch and I love being able to move my C.A.M.P whenever and wherever I want too. I recently moved it from the mountains down to the river for a better view and to be closer to a water source. The hunger and thirst aspect of the game is refreshing because IT's not a choir to do. The shooting and fighting mechanics feel a lot like Fallout 4 and I'm loving it! And last but certainly not least is the Survival BETA. it's what fans like myself have been wanting for a LONG time! It is a more hardcore survival experience that makes you care about stealth, managing your resources and have an all-around better awareness of your surroundings. With greater risk comes greater reward and that's what this game needed most. Expand
  32. May 17, 2019
    Fallout 76 is a good game and all. Very entertaining. But sometimes it does not work. It doesn't even load in. The bug problem and glitches are fine. It's just this game sometimes is not playable and yet it still lagging and glitching. But I do like the new features added to the game.
  33. Jun 20, 2019
    Server instability isn't fun but this game is fun. If you've loved Fallout 3 and 4 you'll love this game. You don't have to have friends to play with to really enjoy it. Playing with friends does make it much more enjoyable. Easy to gather Atoms so you don't have to spend real money. Easy to avoid grifters as well.
  34. Jun 21, 2019
    I bought this game on release and stopped playing about 1-2 weeks after release. This was because of all the issues, bugs, and glitches and just not a fun game experience. I will watch reviews but typically I still like to form my own opinion of games. Fast forward 8 months post E3, I had been following the game and it’s roadmap, but the biggest thing that got me to try the game againI bought this game on release and stopped playing about 1-2 weeks after release. This was because of all the issues, bugs, and glitches and just not a fun game experience. I will watch reviews but typically I still like to form my own opinion of games. Fast forward 8 months post E3, I had been following the game and it’s roadmap, but the biggest thing that got me to try the game again was the Wastelander DLC announcement. So I decided to try and give the game another chance and to be honest I’m glad that I did. It’s not perfect right now there needs to be some balances to the game but it sure seems to be running a lot more stable. I’m only halfway through the story but I have to say I’m really enjoying the game play and the changes from the DLC and patches. I defiantly look forward to the Wastelander DLC so I plan on finishing the story before that. Also Nuclear Winter is surprisingly very fun even though every game is throwing in a Battle Royal. It’s quick matches and fun to be in the fallout universe. Right now I would say the game is at a 7/10 with all the changes so I hope when the new DLC comes out it will make the game a 9/10 or 10/10, as well as bring in some of the choices and consequences that make Fallout one of my favorite RPG universes. Expand
  35. Nov 6, 2019
    The survival mechanics are a slog for the first 10 or so hours. At a high level the game gets better. Unfortunately very few character builds are viable against high level bosses. The new VATS system works poorly.
  36. Feb 13, 2020
    Overall decent but not particularly good or bad just mixed. This game has or had major flaws. Depending on the individual the requirement of online play can be really bad to good so that is controversial. Story is pretty mediocre. Map design is good and diverse. Player progression and perks are ok but still lacking. Glitches and bugs occur randomly for any random reason. Vats system isOverall decent but not particularly good or bad just mixed. This game has or had major flaws. Depending on the individual the requirement of online play can be really bad to good so that is controversial. Story is pretty mediocre. Map design is good and diverse. Player progression and perks are ok but still lacking. Glitches and bugs occur randomly for any random reason. Vats system is horrible due to your shots missing a lot even at 90% chance to hit they still somehow miss consecutively. Player and customer support is poor. Company greed is problematic. Overall content of the game is mixed to decent. Weapons are mixed to good. Crafting is marginal to mediocre. Game mechanics are mixed. Overall game is mediocre to decent. Score is 5/10. Expand
  37. Apr 5, 2020
    The only reason this is a 5 is because of how bad it is. This game is so bad it's funny. The gameplay though is garbage, and if it wasn't so glitchy it would be a 1/10. (The glitchiness adds to the score because of it being so bad)
  38. Apr 19, 2020
    I think the game is worth a new review after Wastelanders DLC. I bought the game in 2018 and it was terrible. Glitches and other anoying stuff was very common, and no NPC:s. I got tired after a few hours and then forgot the game. Now with updates and a few patches, it is a huge difference. It is fun to play and tons of things to do, both togheter and alone (If you wish). And the NPC:s areI think the game is worth a new review after Wastelanders DLC. I bought the game in 2018 and it was terrible. Glitches and other anoying stuff was very common, and no NPC:s. I got tired after a few hours and then forgot the game. Now with updates and a few patches, it is a huge difference. It is fun to play and tons of things to do, both togheter and alone (If you wish). And the NPC:s are back. Give it another chanse, you might actually like it now. Expand
  39. Aug 4, 2020
    I'm having a good time with it. They have NPC's and nice enough stories if you're in the mood for some Fallout. The map is big and the visuals good. It's the same old Fallout with other people running around.

Critically though, it needs a lot more of everything. And then some. The character build is fairly basic. Some buildings are walled off. The amount of items is good but all that can be done with them is junk for parts. They have a ground model but once you pick objects up you then deposit them in a paper bag. No ground model. So you can't say, pick up that foot in a jar and deposit as a gift to someone. It's now a paper bag. Not good. Cant collect objects for decor.

Small things that can be fixed. I hope they add more of everything. It has some moments of real great atmosphere. It's almost there with that creepy haunted house vibe. I'll thrash it out some more. I'm actually writing this waiting for their update 21 patch.... Still waiting. Patch doesn't look to have anything new, just bug fixes and some sort of competition events. Hope they do more useful items and creatures and vendors and NPC's. Maybe some pets, like a pack mule and a sewer rat.. Put Travelling salesmen in again too. Hope there's fishing too. Saw a fishing rod. Put it away for later. Hope it's not just junk. I don't want this to be a full shooter. If I want that I will go play Battlefield series. I want Fallout survival horror. Have to wait and see, but I get the feeling this game too basic to hold my attention for long.

All that said, in conclusion it is well worth the ticket price for a wander around a work of art. Even at full price I think it would be worth it. I hope they keep building on it.
  40. Sep 27, 2020
    Sadly, Fallout 76 has nothing to do with the previous ones, thats my biggest problem with this game.
    I have been playing since launch and believe it or not, I have been enjoying it.
    In the first months, I encountered a lot of bugs, but none of them were game breaking. It can suck at times, when you get disconnected from the server.I also often experience frame drops. What should we do,
    What should we do, its a Bethesda Game.
    In general, the game felt empty in year one.
    There were no NPCs, Just Mr.Handys and Mr.Gutsys.
    But after Wastelanders it really is fun to play and to explore.
    If you are a real Fallout fan, give this game a shot.
    Year 1 Rating, before Wastelanders: 5/10
    Rating after Wastelanders: 7/10

I just wish there was something more to do after finishing the story. I was bored after i finished it

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 33 Critic Reviews

But it’s hard to feel as if you’re truly affecting the world when there are no NPCs to express satisfaction or disdain, or to be directly influenced by your actions. Even killing feels hollow. Some of my best battles in Fallout 4 came when I stumbled across an outpost and found there a raider in there; he’d yell and scream at me as we were facing off. The Scorched, while armed, feel like nothing more than zombies.
  2. Dec 11, 2018
    The addition of multiplayer feels as though it comes at the expense of Fallout’s memorable story-driven moments. What good is a vast map full of players if they're given little to no purpose? When no other players are around, the game’s world feels almost empty. The attention-grabbing locales and landmarks add to Appalachia's charm, but it's difficult to not wish for living, breathing characters to inhabit it. Post-apocalyptic West Virginia is described as a wasteland, and this term paints an inadvertent but accurate picture of what Fallout 76 is right now.
  3. Nov 30, 2018
    If you enjoy multiplayer games of this type and are willing to overlook the engine anomalies, you may find yourself rapidly addicted to the game's exploration density and loot systems. If you're easily frustrated by bugs and issues, you may want to sit tight a bit to see what Bethesda does to polish things up, cus oh boy, it could use a bit right now. If you're a fan of the single player, branching narrative the series is known for, you'll want to wait for Fallout 5.