7.6

1. Nov 18, 2014
    In response to my somewhat picky review of FC3,the developers showed up a couple of nights ago with FC4.Play it they said sternly.Drink this energy drink,eat these snacks they commanded.So I did,and after 30 hours and just starting to scratch the surface they B slapped me to the ground and screamed 'Is that what you wanted'? It is...No contest,GOTY.
  2. Dec 25, 2014
    After beating this game I have to say: Pretty good! This game is actually very similar to Far Cry 3 which really doesn't change a thing so...yeah. Also there are some bugs with the animals. If you go on You tube you can see that on videos Alligators can do flips in the air or do crazy **** like that. Despite the bugs this game still does almost everything right. Also the birds are ****After beating this game I have to say: Pretty good! This game is actually very similar to Far Cry 3 which really doesn't change a thing so...yeah. Also there are some bugs with the animals. If you go on You tube you can see that on videos Alligators can do flips in the air or do crazy **** like that. Despite the bugs this game still does almost everything right. Also the birds are **** annoying. I still recommend it especially if you want to play it with a buddy. Expand
  3. Jan 30, 2015
    I will preface my opinion on the fact that FC3 was my 2nd favorite game of 2013. For me, it was fresh and new, the world was gorgeous and the story (if not the protagonist) was compelling. I spent well north of 100 hours doing everything I could do....and then some more time just skidooing :)

FC4, save for the visuals (which were well done, if that is becoming the norm) was a disappointment on every level. FC3, the story gripped you from the opening moments, it was thrust upon you and you were forced to deal with it...and struggle (and whine, moan and complain throughout!!!). FC4's story is as contrived as it gets; surest sign of bad writing and no real vision. Just an ordinary kid, who outright states he's not a warrior...then he turns around and, of his own volition, starts tearing apart regs with every weapon imaginable.....soooo lame.

For me, in an open world with a ton to do, meaning a lot of fetch type quests (which are populated in every game...actually what every mission is in 1 form or another), the story is critical; if I don't believe the story, how can you become immersed in the world. This is the first open world game where I have not done all the quests, have not gathered all the collectibles...dang, my screen is littered with them. I started in the first few hours, but became so bored I just stopped and ran for the main missions.

Gameplay itself is decent, the same as 3, but once you've done 3......at least the helicopter and the repelling were enjoyable.

In FC3, even in the middle of terror, there was fun in that world; FC4, there is no terror, save what you make for yourself, and yet, the world is still no fun.

Decent game, but a terrible letdown.
  4. Feb 7, 2015
    The term "Skyrim with Guns" is thrown around a lot these days. Far Cry 4 seems to be one of the closest to that description. Almost total freedom on what you want to do and where to go, large open world and a decent amount of customization. The concepts of the game interested me, so I picked up the 360 version (even though this is the One version). After hearing the game was literately FarThe term "Skyrim with Guns" is thrown around a lot these days. Far Cry 4 seems to be one of the closest to that description. Almost total freedom on what you want to do and where to go, large open world and a decent amount of customization. The concepts of the game interested me, so I picked up the 360 version (even though this is the One version). After hearing the game was literately Far Cry 3.5 I decided to skip 3 and go to 4

Some of my problems. Character development is, how would you say, minor? All of the good characters have little development. The best example would be Yuma, who we only meet a few times and she comes across as "Look, it's my breasts! *ded*" Probably the best character was Pagan, and he was "meant" to be the bad guy!

Overall, fun to play and I'm still slowing completing side quests. If you like adventure and open worlds with guns, you should give it a try.
  5. Feb 17, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is an enjoyable game with side quests that are either unique and awesome, or unique and tedious. There are a few secrets, but some unnecessary. It suffers from what I like to call the "Elder Scrolls principle".
    For example, Skyrim and a huge world with random encounters and an absorbing world filled with little collectables. Far Cry 4 attempts this, but you have a name, you have a story, and there isn't any deep connections besides the characters from the main plot. It is a fun game, but forgettable. It can be summed up as: "I killed all these (insert enemy type) with this (insert overpowered combo) and it was awesome."
  6. Mar 3, 2015
    Considering the current FPS competitors on the new gen consoles this game deserves an 7.

In the circumstance where there would be a wider variety of games available such as successful titles including the previous Far Cry this game would deserve a 6. From a graphical point of view this game is stunning. The implementation and development of the wildlife is truly impressive as much as

From a graphical point of view this game is stunning. The implementation and development of the wildlife is truly impressive as much as the overall environment in which the main character feels like a real crusader of the jungle. However, in contrast to its previous title this game lacks a major component; the story.
    In Far Cry 3 the vast majority of players felt immediately absorbed within the storyline thanks to its deeply twisted and intricate characters. In Far Cry 4, the story is very flaccid. The main reason for this is simply the characters and the general build up of the story:

Starting from the characters:

The main antagonist (Pegan-Min) feels like a gender-confused sociopath that ends up in the Himalayas as the result of an excessive drug binge session. Unlike the previous Far Cry antagonist you feel no real desire to kill him. Actually, at some points you wonder why you don't just embrace his rule of power and help him blow up the whole rebellion.
    Then we have Anita and Sabal that feel very annoying. Yes, they stress the players morality by providing different forms of choices with their pertinent consequences but no, there is absolutely nothing memorable about their role.
    The last character that adds no contribution whatsoever is the protagonist himself, Ajay. Whilst playing co-op as Hurk I got a good glimpse at this "warrior". Huge disappointment. Beyond his complete anti-hero looks it is also the overall components such as dialogue and behaviour that don't feel right. Although I'm not expecting anything close to Rambo or the Terminator, I'd hope the character would feel a little more interesting.

In terms of the story the only real disappointment is the ending. After playing more than 30 hours of gameplay you expect that the ending should feel like the cherry on top of the cake. Instead, in Far Cry 4 it kind of felt like that small piece of leftover cream stuck on the cutting knife. I found myself noob-tubing the entire enemy rebellion just out of boredom to quicken the process. No difficulty, no climax point and absolutely no fun. Especially at the end when you encounter Pegan I found myself daydreaming and thinking about dinner. There was just nothing noteworthy going on. Maybe noob-tubing his departing helicopter felt kinda good but not really.

In conclusion, this game could have been a solid 10. Like stated before the gameplay and graphics are truly exceptional. The takedown system felt fluid and useful as much as the diversity of weapons was abundant and interesting. However, the lack of a solid story made the entire journey somewhat boring. Ironically, due to this I finally started doing the side quests which in true honesty where the most entertaining aspect of the game.
  7. Jan 30, 2015
    If your looking for a break from the Standard FPS's Like CoD or Battlefield Far Cry is a great choice. It's packed full of fun and ridiculous stuff to do, from Hunting, Races, Assassination, Co-op and more! With this much stuff to do you will have hours upon hours of content to work your way through. There is also multiple endings as well so if you have enough free time you can see themIf your looking for a break from the Standard FPS's Like CoD or Battlefield Far Cry is a great choice. It's packed full of fun and ridiculous stuff to do, from Hunting, Races, Assassination, Co-op and more! With this much stuff to do you will have hours upon hours of content to work your way through. There is also multiple endings as well so if you have enough free time you can see them all. The story is somewhat creative in Far Cry 4 compared to it's predecessors with the ability to change the story arc with your dissensions. The amount of weapons to choose for your destruction is very diverse anything from Pistols,Snipers,Rockets,Grenade Launchers,Bows and even extremely powerfully "Signature" Weapons. The open world to Far Cry 4 is huge and it feels alive with Lots of Wildlife/Birds and Enemy solders driving around looking to be blown up.
    If your a fan of first person shooters in general or wide open world games you need to give Far Cry 4 a try, you may just end up spending hours on it.
  8. Jul 28, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is a good game. It has a few annoying features and the occasional bug, but the gunplay is solid and the characters are interesting. I don't think it's as good as Far Cry 3, but that could just be me.
  9. Dec 30, 2014
    Before I begin, I should say that I never played Far Cry 1, 2 or 3. However, I did play Blood Dragon and throughly enjoyed it.

The good: The game looks beautiful, the NPCs and animals look great for an open world game, the AI is decent and the weapons feel and sound realistic. The crafting system isn't complex at all and you can usually make what you absolutely need within the first few hours of the game. Also, the leveling system allows you to bypass skills you don't want to use, which is nice.

The bad: Matchmaking for co-op is slow and matchmaking for multiplayer is nonexistent (maybe no one is playing?).

The ugly: Firstly, the map reveal system is just like Assassin's Creed. You climb to the top of a tower, do the equivalent of synchronizing, and zip line off. Secondly, random events happen on the map that you are urged to take part in, just like in Assassin's Creed. After you experience two or three, they all feel the same. Not to mention the same damn ones keep occurring at every outpost. Lastly, the open world gets old and boring pretty quick. The map is too big and many locations don't feel unique (this doesn't include the strongholds or main towns). Transportation functions fine but the size of the map and the initial inability to fast travel to unconquered areas makes travel get old. Throw in those copy and paste random events along the way and it gets old fast.

In conclusion: Bigger isn't better. The way the latest Tomb Raider handled collectables, side quest stuff and the split up map locations was brillant. This game would've worked great with a similar style. Unfortunately, it feels like a clone of the previous game (based on my Blood Dragon experience) and borrows some boring elements from the Assassin's Creed series, which is also made by Ubisoft.

Play this game if: you are new to this series, new to open world games, hate third person games and fps games with strong RPG elements. Even then you may not like it.
  10. Nov 19, 2014
    So far this game has been as enjoyable as I had hoped. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games and yes Far Cry 4 is very similar in some respects but I am fine with that. There is nothing worse when a developer ruins something good by making it overly complicated in later versions. The mountains are a change from the tropical islands but still offer great opportunities to explore. I enjoySo far this game has been as enjoyable as I had hoped. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games and yes Far Cry 4 is very similar in some respects but I am fine with that. There is nothing worse when a developer ruins something good by making it overly complicated in later versions. The mountains are a change from the tropical islands but still offer great opportunities to explore. I enjoy the stealth/hunting aspect although I can see why it isn't for everyone. If you are looking for a COD style FPS then I suggest you avoid this game. Having the choice to stealthily take down outposts or go in with guns blazing is another feature I enjoy about this game. The menu seem somewhat cleaner and simplified which is nice and the auto-drive feature is also a nice addition (for when you want to be lazy). I have not messed with the Multiplayer so I can't rate that but to be honest I could really care less. With xbox one making any sort of interaction with friends online 2-3x as cumbersome as 360 I am fine with solo which is partially I reason I bought this game in the first place. Overall, I am glad I decided to purchase this game and will definitely get my money's worth out of it during the coming months. Expand
  11. Nov 19, 2014
    I have played it now for 5h and the game is just pure fun.If u loved FC3 u will love FC4 even more.I personally love games were i can just run around the map and do what ever i want to do and this game delivers.Hunting Animals,driving around and even flying a little heli is huge fun.As i see i will definitely get my moneys worth with this game.Must have !
  12. Nov 20, 2014
    I will modify this review as I progress, however this game seems to be another underrated game in my opinion. If you enjoyed Wolfenstein and Skyrim, this game is for you. It seems every game, even the greatest such as half life and halo have their haters and it looks like they've all come out early. I thoroughly enjoy this game so far after playing for about 3 HRS and will update you as I go.
  13. Nov 19, 2014
    Amazing graphics and gameplay. Such a huge game and so many quality missions! Infinite possibilities. Fly a gyro-copter, go for a hang-glide or use a jump-suit, try kill a Rhino without a grenade launcher to skin it, take over posts by brute force or by disabling an alarm and attracting wild animals to do some of the dirty work, or just go wandering about and see what you run into.
  14. Nov 26, 2014
    Much better than I thought it was going to be! Soo many people crying about how this is Far Cry 3.5 that I actually hesitated to pre order it. But now that I have played the game, wow those people are clowns!! Yes it has a FC3 feel, but only like all Halo games feel Haloish, all COD feel like COD, etc... If you where a serious fan of the previous game you will notice many little thingsMuch better than I thought it was going to be! Soo many people crying about how this is Far Cry 3.5 that I actually hesitated to pre order it. But now that I have played the game, wow those people are clowns!! Yes it has a FC3 feel, but only like all Halo games feel Haloish, all COD feel like COD, etc... If you where a serious fan of the previous game you will notice many little things have changed, so many that it feels like the true sequel that it is, for example All the vehicles drive a bit different now in order to accommodate using your gun while driving, it can feel a bit weird, but I guess driving with your gun out in real life is probably not the most natural feeling, still drives great, a new vehicle is a jiro copter and that makes it easier to get to places faster, and you use your gun!!
    The story is actually pretty good, and in some aspects actually surpasses the last time. But it involves reading letters written by other characters, it really takes the story to a grand scale, those non readers are the ones upset with the story, none of the characters really compare to Far Cry 3 crazy bunch, Its just a different environment, people have different motivations.
    The difficulty has been taken up a notch from the last one, There are sooo many more things to do! Yes similar to the last game but many have been tweeked quite a bit, one thing I noticed immediately was when I was liberating a post, I was around a hundred yards away looking for cover and mortar dropped on my head! Seriously it has a lot of new stuff, but you only real fans will notice them.
  15. Dec 22, 2014
    Boring get fc3 instead that had better storyline

they try to cash in on the series you do this you go there you kill this cow you kill this man until cut scene is on then you repeat until your hands is swore and shallow boring
  16. Dec 31, 2014
    Singleplayer:
    Singleplayer:
    Far Cry 4 has all the singleplayer features right but the story is so very wrong, the storyline is boring and most of the game is taken up by completely pointless missions that don't progress the story in any way, shape or form. The main character is devoid of character and you'll end up hating him because he just walks around doing what ever people tell him to do. Capturing outposts gets you some money that you won't use and a house that you can fast travel too, if you loose the outpost there is no consequence making outposts completely pointless, in fact many of the things in this game are completely pointless and they're only there to waste your time.

Multiplayer:
    The lovable multiplayer used in Far Cry 2 and 3 has been completely removed and replaced with a crappy bows vs guns gamemode, if you were expecting Team Deathmatch and all the other basic multiplayer gamemodes you're out of luck because all you get is a crappy bows vs guns gamemode. Good **** job developers.

Overall its **** terrible and I'm sticking my pre-ordered copy on Ebay. **** this game.
  17. May 15, 2015
    This is basically Far Cry 3 with better graphics and different animals. Which is great, but I played that so much i'm having a hard time consistently gaming this.
  18. May 12, 2016
    A buggy, unoriginal skin over FC3. Ubisoft continues to create games that are big sandboxes with little to no story. They try to fill their world with so much fluff to make it longer than it needs to be. FC4 clearly fits into this category. Rather than spending time on a quality story and missions they just through a bunch of collectibles in. Utter waste of effort.

Bugs are bad. On

Bugs are bad. On countless occasions you'll get a loading screen followed by another loading screen that takes up to 5 minutes before getting booted back to the main menu. The problem is this always happens in the middle or end of a mission causing all your progress to be lost. Additionally there are many occasions where you have to wipe out whole areas of enemies but enemies get stuck somewhere and you cannot continue. This is unacceptable in this day and age.

Yet another issue is the wildlife. Ubisoft seems to think that the wilds are like a bad movie because wildlife that would rarely attack in the modern world attack you all the time. You pretty much cannot leave a base without getting attacked by something. This is nothing but more fluff in a low-story game.

Overall Ubisoft simply took FC3, added some skin and sold it as a full price game. FC3 is better in every way.
  19. Feb 1, 2015
    After playing the entire game I have adjusted my review as there are certain things about this version of the game that just don't work as well as the other games. I love the Shangri La parts and wish the whole game was more like this. I feel this game is more restrictive in how it lets you progress in the game and I think they could have made the achievements more interesting andAfter playing the entire game I have adjusted my review as there are certain things about this version of the game that just don't work as well as the other games. I love the Shangri La parts and wish the whole game was more like this. I feel this game is more restrictive in how it lets you progress in the game and I think they could have made the achievements more interesting and challenging. It is still a good game but not as good as it could have been. The acting is superb especially the villain. Worth your money and still deserving of a release day buy or even a pre-order and there are not many games you can say that about. Expand
  20. Dec 4, 2014
    Takes far cry 3 and hugely improved on it. I love this game. The story can feel a bit iffy at times but ignore that and you have a great gorgeous lookjng game 8-10
  21. Feb 7, 2015
    I don't get the praise of this game. It is typical derivative Ubisoft drivel. It is better than Assassin's Creed, but that game is annoying and even more derivative. Far Cry 4 is a relatively fun game with good graphics but it is so repetitive within the game and compared to Far Cry 3. Ubisoft just ruins games with their game formulas and uncanny number of stupid collectibles in game.
  22. Nov 28, 2014
    Far cry 4 provides fans with many bonus features, along with the essential breath taking graphics. Though the structuralist storytelling and some what repetitive narrating has become most noticeable as a continuous theme within the sequel. Do not fear, this is an excellent game that fans will LOVE. Best open world game of the year and one of the most enjoyable games of 2014. Well done Ubisoft!
  23. Dec 8, 2014
    This is the shooter of the year 2014...
    Beautiful and so much fun! And the best is... you can bring a friend in with you. Of course, FarCry 4 is looking very similar like FarCry 3... but like someone posted here... so does COD, Halo,... So FarCry 4 is taking all the good of FC3 and pushing the enveloppe even more... The map is huge and so open to just... explore and enjoy!
    My only
    This is the shooter of the year 2014...

My only disappointed moment... Not enough of the amazing bad guy, Pagan Min.... While the co-op is just incredible, one thing to note is that only the host will progress in the world mapwise. Still both players items, money, and inventory will all be saved in co-op... So i wish both could progress in the world map wise... Oh well....
  24. Dec 27, 2014
    I Love THIS SERIES!!!! I wanted that to be clear up front. This game plays well, is massive, and improves shooting mechanics slightly above Far Cry 3. Why a 7? It is Far Cry 3 with a graphics update. There is nothing new here. Yes, there is a new set of animals, guns, and a helicopter. But that doesn't mean anything. Weapons handle the same as any other in its class, so it feels likeI Love THIS SERIES!!!! I wanted that to be clear up front. This game plays well, is massive, and improves shooting mechanics slightly above Far Cry 3. Why a 7? It is Far Cry 3 with a graphics update. There is nothing new here. Yes, there is a new set of animals, guns, and a helicopter. But that doesn't mean anything. Weapons handle the same as any other in its class, so it feels like weapon skins. It is not what I was expecting. The scope of this game is massive. There is so much to do, but the setting takes away from a really great game. The mountains are boring! I miss the sharks, crocks, and greens/blues of the tropics. The setting is mostly dismal. I found myself attempting to complete every side quest, and I got so bored I quit playing after a week. Rent first and decide after on spending 60 bucks. Expand
  25. Nov 24, 2014
    I haven't quite finished the game but I've logged over 15 hours so I feel that I've played enough to make an educated review. The hunting dynamics and the liberation of the outposts both stick out to me as some of the most fun I've had in this game. I do think it was a mistake to make this game cross-gen, as it definitely hurt the graphics, although the scenery does still look beautiful. II haven't quite finished the game but I've logged over 15 hours so I feel that I've played enough to make an educated review. The hunting dynamics and the liberation of the outposts both stick out to me as some of the most fun I've had in this game. I do think it was a mistake to make this game cross-gen, as it definitely hurt the graphics, although the scenery does still look beautiful. I think if they went the route of AC Unity and only made for next gen it would look much more impressive. The game seems to run smoother than farcry 3 and there are plenty of things to keep you busy. The story isn't incredibly interesting but that's mostly made up for by its incredible open world and addictive gameplay. Expand
  26. Dec 2, 2014
    Beautiful game. Massive scale. Diverse wildlife. Sound to match. Story to compel and challenge. One of the better games I've played and finished this year on the One.
  27. Nov 26, 2014
    This game is Fry Cry 3 they put a new label on it and shipped it
    oh what do you know a new fry cry
    This game has no differences to the last one
    Compare this to Destiny and it sucks
  28. Dec 1, 2014
    So the game is solid, it adds some new features and mechanics to the previous installment Far Cry 3 but also recycles a lot of the mechanics and principals of the previous game. This can be a good thing if you were a big fan of the previous game, but if you were expecting a much more diverse game its not that much different than the previous one. The visuals are better to be sure (atSo the game is solid, it adds some new features and mechanics to the previous installment Far Cry 3 but also recycles a lot of the mechanics and principals of the previous game. This can be a good thing if you were a big fan of the previous game, but if you were expecting a much more diverse game its not that much different than the previous one. The visuals are better to be sure (at least on the next gen consoles) and the gameplay itself is still solid. Shooting and fighting feels very visceral and there is always the guns blazing or silent approach choices to pretty much every situation.
    There are some issues though. The game is exceedingly glitchy (I played the Xbox One version), many times I found quests did not properly trigger their next phases upon completion of a previous stage, forcing you to manually restart. On some occasions AI units in missions would become completely stuck or non-responsive causing a fail state. The audio would sometimes bug out and you would lose a certain track of the game's audio (for instance guns would fire normal, but opening doors or melee attacks had no sound). And most annoyingly the interface itself would hang or get stuck, leaving waypoints to destinations that should no longer be valid or making your ammunition counter flash red as if it was low on ammo even though you have reloaded. None of the bugs are game breaking, but in a game that has such an expansive list of activities and relies heavily on its interface to facilitate combat and gameplay these bugs can pile up often and get very distracting.
    On the positive side many things have been improved from the previous game. The in game engine now recognizes when you have exhausted the usefulness of a particular skin from an animal, taking into account items you cannot or have not yet made and will auto sell the excess for you when you sell your other items. This is a huge improvement for players who disliked the lack of this in the previous game. Additionally there are new "Outpost Master" quests that allow you to replay the outpost taking mission repeatedly to do better each time or simply for fun. This was a major issue in the previous game as well, since once you cleared the outposts there was never a chance to do it again in a different fashion. Going all stealth and taking an outpost undetected is one of the game's biggest gems so adding a feature that allows you to replay the outposts is great.
    In all the game is solid and has some replayability given the narrative and what choices you make. However the actual endings and the narrative itself are not going to win any awards. There also seems to be a heavy reliance on the main character getting drugged by force and later on willingly in order to progress the plot. It becomes quite cliched after the third time and by the fifth time you are just bored with it.
  29. Dec 2, 2014
    Pros- Very pretty game: animals actually have articulated fur, plants sway in the breeze, decent physics and hte activate wild life adds to the atmosphere. When I watched gun play during lets plays, I was sceptical on the games difficulty. I thought hte game would be easy, but when I got it and played it on hard difficulty I was pleasently surprised that the game was actually difficulty (IPros- Very pretty game: animals actually have articulated fur, plants sway in the breeze, decent physics and hte activate wild life adds to the atmosphere. When I watched gun play during lets plays, I was sceptical on the games difficulty. I thought hte game would be easy, but when I got it and played it on hard difficulty I was pleasently surprised that the game was actually difficulty (I typically only play on the hardest difficulties as i love a good challenge), wild life was killing me and being out numbered was actually a bad situation unlike other FPS games. Decent gun recoil and lots of fun weapons adds to the game. TONS to do, lots of missions and things to get lost doing and explore with a vibrant open world (Ubisoft has mastered open worlds now). Pagan Min is fun, awesome villian and I can't wait to see how the story turns out.

Bad- NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY, just an FYI. Violent, lots of swearing, and drug use. 30 fps Ubisoft statement and 900p is dumb. I love my Xbox One, but don't bone PC and PS4 because of wanting to "end arguements." Menu system to me is...dumb, and the UI is minimal which typically i like, but in this case looks weak to me as there are lots of tabs. The radial menu looks clunky...personal preference, it works so meh.

Overall, I never played FC3. But I play the crap out of FC1 on PC and FC2 on 360 and I loved both of those. This is refinement compared to those games, amazing leaps into next gen...I love it!
  30. Dec 24, 2014
    Attempts to find farcry 4 servers endlessly. Watched it for half an hour before I finally gave up. Absolutely ridiculous oversight. I really don't care what the rest of the game is like, mistakes like this are unforgivable. You have lost a formerly loyal customer.
  31. Jan 27, 2015
    The game gives you way more freedom than far cry 3 although there is something missing. Interesting characters are few if any in this game, but the overall fun factor and the world design keep this game afloat
  32. Feb 16, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is outdated Compare to Dying Light both are Open World Games

Far Cry 4
    Cons: No Co Op until Beaten 3/4 Game.
    Cons: No Co Op for both Side Mission and Story Mission.
    Cons: Co Op only for Side Mission.
    Cons: Only 2 Player Co Op.
  33. Feb 19, 2015
    Far Cry 4 ... It seemed to be the best game of Ubisoft in 2014 , only seemed . I do not know what happened but the game failed on several things , the map is simply weeds and more weeds, totally bland , the missions are simple and boring , the villain evil appears in the game , finally did not like and the replay factor is zero. Note 5
  34. Mar 19, 2015
    Almost a completely open world/free-roam plot driven single player mode which takes place in "Kyrat," similar Tibet or other adjacent civilizations to the Himalayan mountains. However it isn't completely open due to Himalayas being impossible to reach unless part of one of the few quests that will take you there after a loading screen. I was expecting to be able to climb and conquer theAlmost a completely open world/free-roam plot driven single player mode which takes place in "Kyrat," similar Tibet or other adjacent civilizations to the Himalayan mountains. However it isn't completely open due to Himalayas being impossible to reach unless part of one of the few quests that will take you there after a loading screen. I was expecting to be able to climb and conquer the mountains with the grapple and the trailer is a bit misleading. Unfortunately, while it is a thrilling experience, it confines you to a linear path and there isn't much to explore let alone much of a reason to.

The gameplay is great, a huge arsenal on guns, bows, and explosive weapons all customizable with attachments and paint jobs. Level-up/XP system and Mass Effect style choices left for you to make which have huge impacts on the game make this a combo of RPG and FPS. Stealth mechanics and style of play works great and AI is intelligent and can easily spot you even if crouched in a bush or 50 yards away. Many side quests and collectible items which reward with XP and new weapon unlocks. The characters have depth, both protagonists and antagonists and voice acting and script is good. Graphics are good but not amazing but textures and view distance is much better than previous far cry games.

Online is alright but the bulk of experience is in the single player or co-op single player campaign. Would rate at 8.5/10, takes around 40 +/- hours to complete depending on amount of optional activities you do so I would recommend doing all optional quests and exploration to acquire collectibles as you move through kyrat. Aka once you liberate an outpost do the quests that are there before you move on, I made mistake of pile driving through story missions and neglected many side quests, some of which are too easy and no challenge once you've leveled up a lot and unlocked powerful weapons or are in the Northern Kyrat part of game.
  35. Apr 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be fair i liked the game, the story was alright, the gameplay and gunplay is the same as far cry 3's. & Im indian as well. I found the game a little racist, like the beginning when Hurk say to the indian person "I dont speak youre Language" it was kinda racist in my option. To be fair far cry 4 is good......but kinda racist, but still a great game Expand
  36. Jun 30, 2015
    As a first timer to Far Cry I was so disappointed with this game. I suspect the half decent ratings are from diehard old school fans who have been on the bandwagon since the beginning. The graphics were unbelievably average for this generation compared to other games like COD, Wolfenstein and GTA.
    Game play was slow and tedious at times. Below average for this first timer.
  37. Feb 18, 2016
    This is the first Far Cry game I've played, so I'm new to this whole system. The opening and tutorial portions are great, and a number of the early engagements are really cool with enemies that are dangerous in the open, and allow you to use a number of different strategies to take them out. Unfortunately, the fights and missions grow stale pretty quickly, and the map is too packed withThis is the first Far Cry game I've played, so I'm new to this whole system. The opening and tutorial portions are great, and a number of the early engagements are really cool with enemies that are dangerous in the open, and allow you to use a number of different strategies to take them out. Unfortunately, the fights and missions grow stale pretty quickly, and the map is too packed with events. You can barely take two steps before a convoy or ambush or assassination target pops on screen. Several hours in, it's also clear that there's tons more of the same waiting ahead. The idea of a "sandbox" really fits, as the game isn't really immersive, but it's a fun way to pass the time.

Your character's arc is a bit rushed, and you go from disinterested party to mindless rebel killing machine in no time at all. The weapons are hilariously unbalanced. I got access to a hunting rifle and a dragunov around the same time, one of which took about 10 shots to take down an enemy while the other could one-shot most baddies. And the grenade launcher is just the superior pick for almost every engagement. There's very little progression as you're introduced to almost every vehicle in the first 30 minutes. I was quite surprised to gain access to a gyrocopter so early on, giving a level of freedom (and breaking player immersion) that is usually locked until the late game in most games. I would've liked to feel a bit more locked in the forests and mountains until later on when I'd mastered the mechanics.

In the end, much of the map just feel copy-pasted, and the game would offer a similar experience with 1/2 the real-estate. Rather than having a meaningful progression, there are a half-dozen outposts between the major fortresses, and none of the outposts really do much except offer a new fast-travel point.
  38. Apr 20, 2016
    I wrote a review the other day and have this a 10/10 but after playing it all day today I wish I could give it 100/10. No other Far Cry game ever had me so drawn in and immersed/ mesmerised. The quests are so different from each other that 10 hours in the game I'm still getting fresh surprises. There's strategy, puzzles much better than Tomb Raider. Got a rare black jaguar kills prettyI wrote a review the other day and have this a 10/10 but after playing it all day today I wish I could give it 100/10. No other Far Cry game ever had me so drawn in and immersed/ mesmerised. The quests are so different from each other that 10 hours in the game I'm still getting fresh surprises. There's strategy, puzzles much better than Tomb Raider. Got a rare black jaguar kills pretty good. 10 hours in just starting to use the eagle bombs and bee bombs. Prefer a fire club. Doesn't feel like a Far Cry game at all. Everything so interwoven. For instance to go to the cold areas you need to kill the animals for a coat. Still haven't ridden a mammoth yet and so much awesome, brilliant fun to be had.

A combination of Tomb Raider and Monster Hunter but better with your own savage pet. Graphics are awesome.. Theme, setting, sound effects all work together superbly. Addictive as hell.
  39. Jul 21, 2017
    Estava a espera de um novo far cry que logo que eu começasse a jogar pudesse imaginar que seria um jogo incrível, e sim, o jogo está muito bonito, dublagem excelente, cutscenes intrigantes, ambientação magnífica.
    A pessoa que da nota zero pra esse jogo deu só pra chamar a atenção pois não consegue enxergar o trabalho que é fazer um jogo excelente.
    Não minto fiquei com receio de pegar
    Não minto fiquei com receio de pegar esse game pelo fato da Ubisoft ter cagado em Watch Dogs e lançar assassins creed unity com bugs, mas este valeu a pena!
  40. Dec 11, 2014
    This is my 3rd review upon completing this game. I'll write one brief paragraph of the good, then one brief paragraph of the bad, and lastly a conclusion.

The voice acting is excellent, per usual from Ubisoft. The environment feels alive, and the animals make sure you never really feel safe (ANGRY EAGLES EVERYWHERE). Helicopters were a nice touch, autodrive was very convenient, and the gun selection was great. The arena mode was very fun. The storyline had some great moments, some that scared the life out of me, which is always fun (not talking about eagles or snakes this time).

Now, onto the bad. There aren't many negatives to say about this game. The storyline at times was boring, sometimes the autodrive would make you go off a cliff, and sometimes YOU GET ATTACKED BY EAGLES EVERYWHERE YOU GO. The radio is quite annoying as you only have one station, and it's pure satire. The real reason I rate this game as low as I do is because it simply is not next-gen quality. The graphics are lackluster compared to many next-gen games. This game absolutely does not compare to Skyrim. The lore in FarCry is not nearly as good Elder Scrolls and it's insulting to ES series to compare FC to it.

Conclusion: This game is worth a buy, and you should be able to get about 100 hours out of it, making it well worth $70-80. If this game had graphics as good as Assassin's Creed Unity (same developer), then I would give it a 7/10.
  41. Apr 12, 2015
    When I first reviewed this game I was overly harsh. I don't even remember what my problem was - I think I was annoyed at constantly being attacked by birds. I've come around though, and this is now one of my favorite games. It's gorgeous, there's always a bagillion missions to go on, and even though the story is not it's strong point, you kinda forget about it and create your own narrativeWhen I first reviewed this game I was overly harsh. I don't even remember what my problem was - I think I was annoyed at constantly being attacked by birds. I've come around though, and this is now one of my favorite games. It's gorgeous, there's always a bagillion missions to go on, and even though the story is not it's strong point, you kinda forget about it and create your own narrative - the strategy becomes which missions you choose, based on what upgrades and tools you're looking to acquire. Expand
  42. Dec 9, 2014
    I have always been a fan of the Far Cry games and Far Cry 3 was amazing, so is Far Cry 4. A lot of people have been saying its just a repeat of Far Cry 3, I understand where they are coming from however what has happened is they found a winning formula for their games. Their is so many new things and awesome stuff to do also loads of new guns which made me happy. I do miss not being ableI have always been a fan of the Far Cry games and Far Cry 3 was amazing, so is Far Cry 4. A lot of people have been saying its just a repeat of Far Cry 3, I understand where they are coming from however what has happened is they found a winning formula for their games. Their is so many new things and awesome stuff to do also loads of new guns which made me happy. I do miss not being able to put any attachment on any gun which is annoying as not a lot of the guns can have silencers on unless I'm just not far enough into the game. Overall very good game. Expand
  43. Dec 13, 2014
    I was a big fan of Far Cry 3 so when I heard that 4 was basically 3 with nicer graphics and a different map I was on board! While those short descriptions were true 4 has some definite improvements on 3 the inclusion of little helicopters made traveling long stretches easier, and faster but you always feel like a part of the world you are basically dangling under the prop of a homemadeI was a big fan of Far Cry 3 so when I heard that 4 was basically 3 with nicer graphics and a different map I was on board! While those short descriptions were true 4 has some definite improvements on 3 the inclusion of little helicopters made traveling long stretches easier, and faster but you always feel like a part of the world you are basically dangling under the prop of a homemade helicopter so you can see everything going on you can see and hear the world around you. I often see something going on below me and drop in to check it out. The radio towers and outposts are alive and well which is great. This game includes Fortresses which are very difficult to tackle on your own. Thankfully you can do almost anything in game (except story missions) with a friend. I've only done it a few times but it was seamless and fun. Story wise (no spoilers) I enjoy my character and his story, and the world around me more, but the protagonist while interesting is not someone you see that much. This is a well crafted, deep game I would highly recommend. Expand
  44. Dec 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bottom line: If you want a prettier and updated version of FC3, then this is your game. Far Cry 4 is not a radical departure from it's predecessor - which is a good thing. The story ditches the word, weakling bro protagonist and replaces him with the son of two revolutionaries. I found that Ajay's roots to Kyrat make for a much more believable transcendance to badassery.

Added co-op and other gamemodes like Arena are a welcome addition to the series but not necessary to enjoy the game. Far Cry 4 continues to keep the franchise focused on the single player, open-world experience.

Other stuff: gyrocopter, awesome bows, better stores, fast travel, controllable AI backup fighters, a bazzilian ways to gain XP, a simplified leveling scheme....elephants
  45. Dec 15, 2014
    I always do my reviews about 10 hours into a game, whether it is a linear gam e or a huge open world, 10 hours is enough to experience all the game mechanics and open up a good deal of the map on open world games.

Far Cry 4 is probably the best open-world game of 2014. Actually, scratch the probably, it IS the best. I have gone through numerous open world games this year, GTA V, Unity and Destiny were all good games in their own right, and for a few weeks it looked like Dragon Age Inquisition would take my pick as top sandbox of the year, and then I put in FC4.

The world is immersive and beautiful. It is quite easy to get lost in it, but on top of that, it is expansive beyond any game I have played before. 10 hours is usually enough for me to have unlocked the entire Creed map, or the entire GTA map, but I still have 3 major sections of the map to remove fog from, much less liberate.

This game did exactly what we wanted, it gave us more Far Cry without making itself a complete bastardization or cash grab. And unlike so many other new games, there are no microtransactions coming up every few minutes in an attempt to get you to buy more from the dev. Ubisoft did an amazing job bringing the spirit of Far Cry to new levels. And While Pagan Min is definitely No Vaas, that is not a necessity, as the character development in the game definitely takes a backseat to your exploration.

Awesome Game.
  46. Jan 2, 2016
    Great game, super fun, even more stunning visuals. unfortunately, the audio quality still isn't quite the best, but the audio is nonetheless better than far cry 3. This game isn't super original story-wise, it's a fair bit like a re-textured far cry 3, but still pretty fun. there's some new stuff that I'm happy about, and it's full of dozens of hours of fun. don't be put off by the badGreat game, super fun, even more stunning visuals. unfortunately, the audio quality still isn't quite the best, but the audio is nonetheless better than far cry 3. This game isn't super original story-wise, it's a fair bit like a re-textured far cry 3, but still pretty fun. there's some new stuff that I'm happy about, and it's full of dozens of hours of fun. don't be put off by the bad user rating on Xbox, it's a fun game! Expand
  47. Jan 5, 2015
    Without a doubt the best game I have played this year. With this my first step into the far cry world, I guess I am not tainted by the similarities this game may have to prior versions. The world is massive (albeit hindered by cross-gen build), the missions are all fun and vary in intensity and variety. I like the way that achievements are not about collecting every single item, as thereWithout a doubt the best game I have played this year. With this my first step into the far cry world, I guess I am not tainted by the similarities this game may have to prior versions. The world is massive (albeit hindered by cross-gen build), the missions are all fun and vary in intensity and variety. I like the way that achievements are not about collecting every single item, as there are so many thinks so collect. I have 980/100 Gamerscore, and it's one failing is the multiplayer (where my remaining 20GS lies). Can not get a game for love nor money. (Lack of players?). Back to the game: I like the wildlife AI along with the random events. It makes the world feel alive....always alive. The modes of transport are varied with Gyrocopter and wing suit my faves). The story was okay, though there appeared to be little consequences to any choices made in the story. The radio DJ becomes annoying after awhile. The soundtrack is good and is best during the closing acts, really ramps up. Overall, thoroughly enjoyed this game. (40+hours clocked on this) Expand
  48. Jan 13, 2015
    Great game!! If you loved FC3 then you'll enjoy this one for sure. Tons of fun things to do like using a fricken flamethrower while riding an elephant!!! The only downside to this game is the fact that the main antagonist Pagan Min didn't get enough screen time but he was really awesome!
  49. Feb 11, 2015
    I loved this game. It was a lot of fun to play. I had never played a Far Cry game before so I came into this fresh and with zero expectations, some people are upset that it's like the other ones and that may or may not be true I have no idea but it's probably likely. Obviously I'm not holding that against it.

The graphics are amazing, the game play mechanics were perfectly fine and

The graphics are amazing, the game play mechanics were perfectly fine and smooth. I had zero complaints in those departments, at this point though those things are to be expected.

The story line was great, I loved the fact that you got to make choices, and those choices had a small impact on the story. What I felt they could have done better though is have those choices have more of an impact on the world at large. A great opportunity was lost here I felt, especially given the choices you were making. Games don't go far enough in this area, but at least you got to make choices so that's a step in the right direction. The characters were believable and the story was impactful, they did a great job in that area.

All those things being said, some of the side missions could get a little repetitive, and I felt like there wasn't enough of a reason to do those things besides earning money and skill points. The first time your asked to save a group of hostages you feel like you want to run out and help, the 5th time you're saying screw it let the hostages die. This is because they all worked exactly the same and there was no real reason to do them. What needs to happen with these open world games is those side missions should be more varied from iteration to iteration, and they should have more of an impact on the larger story. There are no consequences for not helping the hostages, the rewards are minimal, so beyond achieving 100% completion what am I doing them for? I used the hostages as an example but the same logic can be applied to all of the side missions.

I'll also say some of the same in regards to collecting stuff. This game and other open world games like it never shy away from boosting their play time by throwing in a bunch of crap you have to run around and collect, if you're going to have me collecting things, why can't those things have a bigger impact on the story? If I collect all of the propaganda posters, why can't this lead to more support from civilians in whatever ending you're going to have, this is just one example. It's sawdust filler and I'm a little sick of seeing it in video games at large personally. There was a bit of this in this game actually, by collecting all of the journals you got to read Ajay's father's side of the story, and that was cool. Collecting all of the masks however yielded absolutely nothing of value. I was actually pretty pissed off at this because I was expecting the serial killer to try and kill me, come running out of a bush or something. But nothing happened. Nothing at all. I was rewarded with infinite Gun for Hire tokens, something I never used anyway.

I was fully prepared to give this game an 8 out of 10. I can't do it. I have to give it a seven. I understand games are going to have bugs, you will never play a game and not come across a few. So I was not upset when a wall sucked me into it. I was fine with having to reset my system. What was not ok is logging back into find that the last three hours of the game had been wiped away, and completely due to incompetence on the part of the developer. Almost every game you play with the exception of this one (being the only one I can think of) has a screen where you can go to load previous saved games, including autosaves. This one does not. So when I logged back in after the bug sucked me into a wall, whatever auto save had been there was gone and 3 hours was just wiped out. This could have been avoided very easily by having a screen I go to with all of my saved games. It's just idiotic that such a basic feature is missing.

In short, it's a lot of fun to play, pick it up if you haven't, but it's also a glaring example of what's wrong with the industry today.
  50. Feb 20, 2015
    Enjoyable game but wasn't as good as #3. The extra missions get dull quickly and the main story while good at some points was poor overall. Kyrat however does look amazing and it was fun to play through once
  51. Feb 22, 2015
    8.5 - A great game that is near excellent.

8.5 - A great game that is near excellent.

Far Cry 4 takes everything that Far Cry 3 did and builds upon it. You play as Ajay Ghale, a Kyrati-born American looking to spread the ashes of his mother, Ishwari Ghale, at the mysterious Lakashmana in his mothers homeland of Kyrat - only to be swooped up in a revolution against the king, Pagan Min. Far Cry 4 is no doubt a really fun game packed with lots of stuff to do and lots of animals to hunt. You will easily get 15+ hours out of the single player. You will be doing everything from setting fire to dangerous elephants to exploring the mystical land of Shangri-La. This is a diverse, fun game that is even better with the addition of drop-in, drop-out "buddy" style Co-Op. The main disappointment with the game is with the story. Sure, it's a good story but the characters feel a little two dimensional - and the campaign under-uses Pagan Min, which is a real shame. The other problem is the bell towers. I was never a fan of the radio tower system from Far Cry 3, so to bring it back to Far Cry 4 was a little frustrating - luckily you can get a helicopter in the game so you can just fly on top of the tower and do it instantly. Other than those two minor drawbacks, this game is a lot of fun and well worth the £40 asking price. Once you're done with the satisfactorily 15 hour+ single player, you can have a go with Far Cry 4's chronicals of Kyrat multiplayer which is a 5 v 5 game mode... Pagan Min's troops vs the Golden Path. It's a good multiplayer, if not a little slow at times, and calling in bears and shooting enemies with a bow and arrow is equally as fun as blowing up bears with RPG's.

This is a great game that is near-excellent and I would recommend it to anyone.
  52. Mar 8, 2015
    FAR CRY 4 this is basically a Bear Grylls adventure set in the Himalayas. This is the most beautiful, dangerous and inspiring place this Far Cry series has given us – not a huge mountain or wild Elephant While previous settings have brought with them an inherent hint of danger, Far Cry 4’s fictional state of Kyrat often feels overtly serene and gentle as religious villagers go about theirFAR CRY 4 this is basically a Bear Grylls adventure set in the Himalayas. This is the most beautiful, dangerous and inspiring place this Far Cry series has given us – not a huge mountain or wild Elephant While previous settings have brought with them an inherent hint of danger, Far Cry 4’s fictional state of Kyrat often feels overtly serene and gentle as religious villagers go about their everyday chores, animals meander around soft canopied trees and clouds flow and fall down and around the peaks at the ceiling of the world.

I was surprised with the length of the game. This review is being written only 30% through the game but I remember playing around an hour and thinking I had completed quite a few missions. Clicking the pause menu and only being on 4% gave me a mixture of shock and excitement. At least it would fulfill my pleasure over Christmas and the New Year!

I think part of the time consumption was capturing radio towers and outposts. This task evidently reduces Min’s soldiers influence around the specific areas and makes it safe for you and your Golden Path resistance movement allies to move in. How and in what order you attempt to spread your holdings is up to you, although much of the available environment is not unlocked until you reach a certain point in the main story mode.

The Co-op/Multiplayer side of the game I struggled with, and when played didn’t really enjoy, simply because I didn’t have many Xbox One friends that had purchased the game. I’m not really a people person anyway – rather a lone ranger! So ill just concentrate on the single player stuff.

The story missions themselves are decidedly and unsurprisingly more complex than the optional extras and side quests, your goal often only achievable by acting in a certain way or treading a pre-determined path. To be honest this is a big help, and makes the outcome become a lot simpler.

The weaponry and customisation is great. Most missions I completed were always done in a stealthy fashion, choosing a crossbow over an AK47 ALL DAY LONG. Even the weapons I did use were always, always silenced. This part of the game really appeals to me and its most rewarding picking arrows out of Min’s Soldiers skulls without being noticed. Always a good save on restocking with bullets and clips too.

Not being caught infiltrating a base or kidnapping an important enemy might work for the story missions, but it doesn’t work for a game based around the player having to smartly react to unpredictable and dangerous events. For example, Min’s Soldiers driving down a mountain, quickly recognising you and unleashing a barrel of clips without reason. That always calls for a quick getaway and the occasional heal.

To summarise, the strength of the world and its systems alone makes this one of the year’s best games and the extreme detail and environmental opportunity means you’ll be playing this game well into the New Year.

By taking things to the Himalayas, Ubisoft Montreal has managed to skilfully string an attractive partnership of awe-inspiring landscape and exhilarating, surprising action. 8.5 for me!

Full Review @ItsMuchMore
  53. Mar 27, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is more of the same Far Cry experience you have come to expect. Solid sandbox open world design. Can be entertaining or get boring depending on the kind of games you like. Characters are interesting and out there, plot is nothing new though.
  54. Mar 28, 2015
    Very good graphics, there is plenty of verticality inside the map which makes the Gameplay fun. Story and missions are generic. The game is overall good because value for money and core Gameplay are both very good.
  55. Apr 22, 2015
    After loving far cry 3 I was really looking forward to this game but unfortunately grew bored of the game after a couple of hours and I also felt that the game was rather easy to complete as well.

Personal Pro's The map is huge so if you don't mind walking running you will have a lot to explore The visuals were good Decent enemy AI The idea of the hunters (which I felt were the

Personal Pro's
    The visuals were good
    Decent enemy AI
    The idea of the hunters (which I felt were the hardest enemy)
    A lot of side missions
    Good amount of weapons

Personal Cons
    Fortresses were easier to take over than some of the bases
    Storyline was not that great
    There were not enough hunters
    Felt there should have been more story missions even if I meant loosing a few side missions.
    Got bored rather quickly unlike Far Cry 3

To finish off i know some people who love this game and others the opposite so i guess its personal opinion but i felt this game was a let down of what i expected of it and it got to the point of me just taking over the basses to get the good weapons and the main missions then skipping the side quests.
    If you have not played far cry before i would say you might like it as it will be new to you but if you loved Far Cry 3 you might be let down by this one like me.
  56. Apr 23, 2015
    With a fantastic lengthy campaign that makes up for the lacking multiplayer and a (slightly) bigger map than Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 is one of the best games to come out last (and surprisingly disappointing) game season. Adding in more features like my personal favorite the gyro-copter which makes getting around the vast map quicker and easier than by foot or car. Pagan Min is another greatWith a fantastic lengthy campaign that makes up for the lacking multiplayer and a (slightly) bigger map than Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 is one of the best games to come out last (and surprisingly disappointing) game season. Adding in more features like my personal favorite the gyro-copter which makes getting around the vast map quicker and easier than by foot or car. Pagan Min is another great character addition, unlike Vaas who is chaotic and crazy, Min is calmer and more passive aggressive yet flamboyant. The main character is sadly disappointing, he does not have the arc that Jason Brody had in the last game and all we ever learn about him is his mothers ashes. But the lacking parts of the game are evened out by the better aspects. Expand
  57. May 1, 2015
    Great game, the story is very well crafted, very long, and never boring. Visually it looks awesome, all the characters are cool and well developed, the side quests are really great and the map is huge.
  58. Jun 9, 2015
    This is really just Far Cary 3.5. It's pretty much the exact same game as Far Cry 3, minus the QTE fights.

The build up to the final fight is both funny and lackluster. The game play is good, the islands are HUGE and immersive, if you still have a 360, just get Far Cry 3 off Amazon for $5 and it's the same experience.

Granted the wingsuit and helicopter are cool, but not worth the $40.
  59. Jun 12, 2015
    I love this game, I'm not sure why people are so fussy about it, yes the multiplayer is super buggy, but you don't get this game for the multiplayer, you get it for the giagantic rediculous beautiful singleplayer, the map is GORGEOUS, and huge filled with unexpected adventures everywhere. I will say the story is kind of dumb, but it really isn't that bad and some of the missions areI love this game, I'm not sure why people are so fussy about it, yes the multiplayer is super buggy, but you don't get this game for the multiplayer, you get it for the giagantic rediculous beautiful singleplayer, the map is GORGEOUS, and huge filled with unexpected adventures everywhere. I will say the story is kind of dumb, but it really isn't that bad and some of the missions are pretty damn awsome, and you get to make decisions and pick sides, the guns are amazing, the wildlife is amazing, the graphics are amazing; I know this sounds bad but you can start forest fires and it is SUPER entertaining to fight a battle while the forest around you is burning, its beautiful chaos. Im tryign reall hard to not give any of the game away but lets just say theres ALOT of stuff you can do in this game, one of my favorite things to do in this game was just walk along any given road, and youl find something unexpected or crazy or hilarious. The hunting alone in this game makes it worth buying, my friends would always have me bring over my far cry so they could just hunt on it!! just that part is better than any cabellas game. I mean theres co-op, theres custom maps (with co-op) and theres multiplayer (that doesn't work so very well), also an arena, and soooo any other things, I cant belive theres so many negative reviews, THIS GAME ROCKS, end of story. Expand
  60. Jan 13, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dieses Spiel ist in meinen Augen nichts anderes als Far Cry 3.5 !
    Die selbe Engine, nahezu identische Grafik, dasselbe Gameplay ... aber eine triste und langweilige Welt ohne wirklich überzeugende Ortschaften, sowie eine unlogische Story die an keinem Punkt zu überzeugen weiß !
    Eigentlich freute ich mich auf den Titel, denn vorherigen spielte ich sehr lang und sehr gern.
    Doch da dieser Teil nichts eigenes und besonderes hatte, sondern sich lediglich wie ein schlechtes Addon zum Vollpreis spielte war es schnell für mich aus.
    Der fairness halber gab ich diesem Spiel bis zum bitteren Ende die Chance mich zu überzeugen, nicht nur das es schon eine halbe Qual war es durchzuspielen, nein, das Ende ist so extrem entäuschend das es sich schon garnicht erst gelohnt hat.
    Far Cry 4 ist ein solider Titel, wie es schon Far Cry 3 war, gute Grafik und gutes Gameplay sind zu erwarten.
    Doch bei so einem Spiel ist die Story das wichtigste um mich im Bann zuhalten.
    Das hat man hier definitiv nicht geschafft, leider hat mich Teil 4 genauso entäuscht wie Teil 2, jetzt kann man nur positiv auf Teil 5 der Serie blicken und hoffen das es wieder besser wird. =)
    Wem die Story nicht groß interessiert, der kann auch gerne zu FC4 greifen, vorrausgesetzt ihm hat FC3 auch schon gefallen, ansonsten würde ich empfehlen mit Teil 3 der Reihe anzufangen.

[Da ich die PC-Version auch gespielt habe ist die Bewertung die gleiche, Technische Unterschiede waren kaum zu bemerken oder interessierten mich einfach zu wenig]

[This rewiev is written in German language]
  61. Jul 26, 2015
    Far Cry 4 was an amazing game to play. The story and gameplay, though fairly similar to Far Cry 3, kept me coming back and wanting to play more and more. My only gripe is that the villain did not have a lot of screen time.
  62. Aug 25, 2015
    Really good Far Cry game, along side Far Cry 3, this game features highly detailed environments, new challenges, Karma system, and great story. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the game, just a couple frame rate drops here and there, but this is a pretty good game. Get this game.
  63. Aug 30, 2015
    "Far Cry 4" is basically "Far Cry 3.5". That can either be good or disappointing news. Ubi Soft's open-world franchise didn't really hit it big with critics or gamers until "Far Cry 3" which gave the beloved "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" a run for its money. So the studio decided to replicate its success by almost remaking the game for next-gen consoles. Make no mistake, "Far Cry 4" on"Far Cry 4" is basically "Far Cry 3.5". That can either be good or disappointing news. Ubi Soft's open-world franchise didn't really hit it big with critics or gamers until "Far Cry 3" which gave the beloved "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" a run for its money. So the studio decided to replicate its success by almost remaking the game for next-gen consoles. Make no mistake, "Far Cry 4" on XBOX ONE is a gorgeous looking video game and it boasts some truly impressive effects while maintaining a steady 30 FPS. But if you wanted something vastly different from its predecessor, than you'll probably consider FC 4 to be a moderate success. Unlike "Far Cry 3", this sequel is less about story and more about the open-world experience. The map is huge and there are plenty of missions to undertake. The campaign and side-missions are single player experiences, but you can wreak havoc and take down outposts with a buddy. The story itself is only okay; a b-movie with the usual Hollywood-like setpieces. FC 4 also features a map editor and multiplayer modes if you're into competitive gaming. Overall, "Far Cry 4" is a good game. It's not quite as satisfying as "Far Cry 3", but fans should enjoy the ride. 8.5 out of 10 Expand
  64. Nov 3, 2015
    This game is almost a masterpiece!

PROS
    -Excellent graphics
    -Smooth combat
    -Intriguing story
    -Great campaign

CONS
    -Horribly disastrous multiplayer
  65. Nov 24, 2015
    In a nutshell, Far Cry 4 takes the great elements from Far Cry 3 and attaches them to a less solid story. The exploration of your location is still just as exciting, with a new map to climb, fly, and soar across. Kyrat definitely has a great variety of terrain, from mountains to lakes, to forests, all with their own little secrets hidden away for you to discover. While the gameplayIn a nutshell, Far Cry 4 takes the great elements from Far Cry 3 and attaches them to a less solid story. The exploration of your location is still just as exciting, with a new map to climb, fly, and soar across. Kyrat definitely has a great variety of terrain, from mountains to lakes, to forests, all with their own little secrets hidden away for you to discover. While the gameplay mechanics essentially remain the same as Far Cry 3, there are some new components that add a bit more here, such as new takedowns in vehicles, bait that you can use to attract animals when hunting or attacking enemies, equipment to climb mountainous terrain with, the option to hire mercs that fight for/with you, the ability to ride elephants, and much more. Where the story is lacking, the interactive free roam has raised the tension quite a bit - I was constantly checking over my shoulder for eagles attacking from the sky, or listening for the grunt of a soon-to-charge-me rhino waiting in the bushes, and sometimes even fighting off packs of wolves or honey badgers. If you're like me, you'll try to unlock as many radio towers as you can at first, but you're going to find they are a bit more challenging in FC4 than in FC3. The other thing you may struggle with is how annoying it becomes to have to keep fighting for a base you already liberated. Other than those couple gripes (and a lame story), this is a great free roam FPS with a solid upgrade system that offers some great items/guns, as well as giving you a pretty healthy amount of side quests to gain XP when you need it.

TL;DR - solid free roam FPS, great if you enjoyed FC3, just don't expect a very good story
  66. Jan 5, 2016
    Cool game! It delivers lots of fun in very beautiful sandbox. Crafting, AI, animals, everything works. If you think that riding an elephant while killing plethora of enemies and defending your fellow men is a good idea and get this game. Good job Ubisoft!
  67. Jan 14, 2016
    I've played all the far cry games. I haven't finished far cry 4 on the Xbox one yet but I'm really hoping somewhere in the game they'll have the same poker game they had in far cry 3 (that alone was worth the cost of the game.). I've played many open world type games but my 2 favorite ones are far cry 4 and fallout 4. While there are a couple of items that bug me with far cry 4 (mainlyI've played all the far cry games. I haven't finished far cry 4 on the Xbox one yet but I'm really hoping somewhere in the game they'll have the same poker game they had in far cry 3 (that alone was worth the cost of the game.). I've played many open world type games but my 2 favorite ones are far cry 4 and fallout 4. While there are a couple of items that bug me with far cry 4 (mainly not being able to bypass cut-scenes which is a little unexcusable), I just love the feeling of walking through a butiful world filled with all kinds of things to interact with. For me, I play far cry 4 when I want a bright cheerful open world and I play fallout 4 when I want a darker apocalyptic open world. Seeing far cry 4 on the Xbox one is amazing compared to the 360 version. They did a great job on eliminating almost all the polygon type edges which make things look fake. This game will take me months to complete like its predecessors but I will definitely try to explore everything again. If you haven't played any of the far cry games yet, this one will blow you away (but so also will far cry 3). Regardless of which game you play first, you'll want more and end up playing the other as well and maybe even earlier versions if you don't mind a bit older graphics game but a great adventure.

Simply put, this is a game you'll remember playing for the rest of your life (like some movies leave an impact on you.)

I got my xbox one last month and the games I really like so far are far cry 4, fallout 4, call of duty blackouts iii, batman Arkham knight, sniper iii, gears of war, battlefront (wish it had a story though). I also wish I had bought the Xbox one version of battlefield hardline instead of the 360 version (I like the different cop type playing)

Cudos to the far cry 4 developers but please allow cut-scenes to be skipped!
  68. Jan 16, 2016
    I love this game. I just started playing it through for the third time. I took a six month break and started again last night. This game is a lot of fun and co-op is great.
  69. Jan 20, 2016
    Best Ubisoft/far cry game that I have played! Great game and a must play if you like FPS shooters
    The open world characters and story are just so great as well as the driving and shooting
    Liberating outposts and towers are thought to get repetitive, but are not at all because of the different ways you can approach them Story is interesting and gray and side quests from all the different
    Story is interesting and gray and side quests from all the different people are so fun
    The wide variety of weapons to choose from is awesome and they all depend on how you want to play the game like stealthy or weapons a blazing
    The Awesome: open world, crafting, animals, weapons, vehicles, gameplay, FPS shooting, characters, story and side quests
    The bad: no variety in gun customization
  70. Feb 16, 2016
    Kyrat is a beautiful place. Kyrat has a ton of life. Exploring the world is an absolute blast. It is even more fun when you are playing co-op. The story is good, but lacks compared to its predecessor. If you truly enjoyed Far Cry 3, than you will enjoy 4. I was in love with Far Cry 3, but I can't say the same about this one. The main protagonist, Ajay Ghale, comes to Kyrat to throw hisKyrat is a beautiful place. Kyrat has a ton of life. Exploring the world is an absolute blast. It is even more fun when you are playing co-op. The story is good, but lacks compared to its predecessor. If you truly enjoyed Far Cry 3, than you will enjoy 4. I was in love with Far Cry 3, but I can't say the same about this one. The main protagonist, Ajay Ghale, comes to Kyrat to throw his mothers ashes off a mountain. This is what she wanted when she died. When Ajay arrives, he had no clue the country was in a civil war. Guess what, he ended up getting involved. The main villain was great, but I wish we would have seen more of him. That would have made this game amazing. The shooting mechanics are smooth. The driving is okay. But overall its a must buy. Expand
  71. Feb 25, 2016
    This is a great game . The gameplay and open world setting is awesome . The Elephant riding skill is a great addition . The story is not nearly as good as Far Cry 3 but the gameplay is better compared to its predecessor
  72. Apr 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a bit late to the scene here, but I wanted to add a bit of commentary before I played Primal. I was a large fan of Far Cry 3 and had my hopes up high for Far Cry 4 but ultimately was left disappointed. Far Cry 4 is a great game if you are looking for game play alone, unfortunately if you are looking for a great compelling story, you won't find it.

Far Cry 4 suffers from a bland protagonist who has no real motivation for being a part of the ongoing war and doesn't really have anything memorable about him, you could replace him with a sack of potatoes and get the same feeling. As for game play, its far cry 3 with just a few new things, like helicopters and elephants. There really isn't much when it comes to game play mechanics, find radio towers to explore the map, destroy enemy camps and fortresses and kill enemies.

I will praise it on it's side characters and side missions, the Shangri La missions are incredibly interesting and fun, the missions that you are drugged in are also pretty fun and the main villain is funny and yet interesting, he's a bit like Handsome Jack from the Borderlands series mixed with Vaas from Far Cry 3, unfortunately there is no way to actually help him out, unless you decide to wait 30 minutes at the beginning of the game. The most interesting character in the entire game is also the least seen character, which I feel was a poor choice.

The entire story is kinda meh and doesn't really stand out as anything memorable, in fact, it's anything but. I honestly would go more into detail but there really is not much to go into, this game relies on its game play to try to keep things fun but even that grows repetitive and boring after a while. The worst part is the Co-Op that the game blatantly advertises, what they don't advertise is that you can not advance in the story mode while in Co-Op, nor can you do side quests. Your Co-Op player won't unlock anything you unlock, and the game isn't interesting enough to justify playing Co-Op.

All in all this game is fun for a while and will keep you entertained but it was not worth the $60 I paid for it upon release.
  73. Jun 1, 2016
    While Far Cry 4 doesn't bring anything new to the table, it does a fantastic job of capitalizing on the industry clichés. With a massive open world, a variety of guns and vehicles to try, you can get lost in this game for hours. Just don't go into it expecting GTAV.5.
  74. Jun 25, 2016
    I gave Far Cry 3 a 10/10. It was pretty much a perfect game and a very fresh, high-quality open-world FPS and a true Far Cry game. But Far Cry 4 suffers from an unusual problem. Sure, one would surely expect it to be mostly a rehash of the same winning formula of Far Cry 3, and in many respects it is. It adds very little that's actually worthwhile - improvements are minor. However, inI gave Far Cry 3 a 10/10. It was pretty much a perfect game and a very fresh, high-quality open-world FPS and a true Far Cry game. But Far Cry 4 suffers from an unusual problem. Sure, one would surely expect it to be mostly a rehash of the same winning formula of Far Cry 3, and in many respects it is. It adds very little that's actually worthwhile - improvements are minor. However, in terms of content, there is a ridiculous amount. Where Far Cry 3 felt intense and exciting all the way through - with brilliant pacing and just the right number of side-quests, collectibles, distractions and overall mix of action, stealth, RPG elements, exploration and so on, Far Cry 4 suffers from too much content. There are far too many collectibles and side missions and the map is too big for its own good. The vertical nature means you will be climbing a lot up and down mountains and taking lots of fall damage and grappling and so on. But that's not the issue. The real problem is that it is a prime example of "quantity over quality". The developers have just gone nuts with the amount of collectibles, distractions, animals and enemies that attack out of nowhere, random events that pop up about once every 10 minutes, as well as the usual chore of bell towers and outposts. I'm about 40 hours in and only just got to the second part of the map (just over half of story missions). I have pretty much bought and upgraded everything you can possibly spend your money and skill points on with plenty to spare. As a completionist, I never thought I'd be ignoring side quests and collectibles that are a couple of meters in front of me because the game has gotten that boring it's frankly intrusive to the experience. It's actually a challenge to AVOID side quests if anything. I ended up turning down the difficulty from Hard to Normal to avoid needless gathering of green leaves to craft health syringes.

Not to mention that if you buy the collectible maps and read the loading screen hints (which are short and the game takes a while to load, so unavoidable) then there are some minor spoilers on what's coming up in later missions. Not that the main story is compelling by any means. Oh no. Unlike Far Cry 3, this is not a believable, immersive experience. All the characters are dry and dull, the story feels like it was written by a simple algorithm that takes boilerplate flowchart storytelling and mashes them together. Simply put, this game is full of unnecessary bloat and suffers from severe pacing issues. There's too much to do, and by the time you've done about 30% of the game you've probably seen everything there is to see and got most of the weapons and upgrades.

Don't get me wrong, the core game mechanics and the formula is still very solid, as are the visuals, gunplay, stealth (although AI is still very dodgy) and just overall game engine-related stuff. It's just that what you end up spending the majority of your time doing feels completely unsatisfying - devoid of any real benefits. There aren't even any achievements for completing all the side quests or collectibles. Money and XP and Karma are completely unbalanced - there is simply far too much money and XP than there is things to spend them on. I have yet to finish the main story but I never thought I would be leaving an early review for a successor to one of the greatest First-Person Shooters of all time. This game is just a chore to play and it's dragged on for too long. The main missions are lacking in surprises or anything to revive my interest.

So far this is perhaps the weakest entry in the series. Where Far Cry 2 was in dire need of RPG elements, a deeper economy, more side quests and variety, it actually felt much more "real". Far Cry 4 feels artificially bloated to the point where you stop caring and wish the game was over long ago. Far Cry 3 had a near-perfect mix between open-world distractions and a focused, uncluttered story-telling experience.

TL;DR: If you've played Far Cry 3, don't waste your time on this bloated cash-in which offers little meaningful content. If you haven't played Far Cry 3 and you can resist side quests and collectibles, you might enjoy it.
  75. Jul 5, 2016
    I should start by saying that I only played the single player portion of this game. Also, this was the second far cry game i've played, the first being Primal. So while i can't compare it to any of theprevious entries in the series, i must say I really enjoyed this game. If you're looking for an open world game or a fun shooter, then this is a must have.
    The antagonist is a both eccentric
    The antagonist is a both eccentric and violent, reminiscent of a Quentin Tarantino movie villain. The open world is vast and stunning, the graphics are amazing. You can customize weapons with different looks and attachments, which i really enjoyed because i love customization in games. The gameplay is first-person shooter with survival elements, alot of capturing bases and fortresses, driving, and more. Its easy to make your own fun in the open world and with all the different things to do in this game, 100% completion would take me hundreds of hours of gameplay, especially if you include the dlc.
    Now for the negative. I personally found the protagonist dull, as were alot of the NPCs. I wish they were more memorable, like Borderlands. Honestly though, beyond that I'm hard pressed to find anything negative to say about this game.
    I really enjoyed Far Cry 4 and would recommend it to any gamer, I rarely ever give story games a 2nd playthrough but I probably will with this game.
  76. Sep 24, 2016
    "Far Cry 4" on the Xbox One is an impressive first-person action game. Everything from the stunning graphics to the enjoyable co-op to the story missions are solid. But it’s also nothing new. Basically, this is an update of the previous game. You can call it "Far Cry 3.5". Now that can either be good or bad depending on how much you liked Part 3. Personally, I loved FC 3, I thought it was"Far Cry 4" on the Xbox One is an impressive first-person action game. Everything from the stunning graphics to the enjoyable co-op to the story missions are solid. But it’s also nothing new. Basically, this is an update of the previous game. You can call it "Far Cry 3.5". Now that can either be good or bad depending on how much you liked Part 3. Personally, I loved FC 3, I thought it was one of the best action titles of 2012. This sequel is almost as good. It has a massive open-world with tons of things to do and see. However, unlike its predecessor, it lacks an engaging story. This time, emphasis is placed on the “sandbox” experience. You can tackle the huge map on your own or get help from a buddy. Of course, with a second player, wrecking havoc and taking out heavily armed outposts becomes more enjoyable. Unfortunately, the campaign missions cannot be played with a mate.

The story in “Far Cry 4” is pretty basic. In it, a young American named Ajay returns to his native home in the Himalayas to spread his mother’s ashes. While there, he confronts a local warlord named Pagan Min and the freedom fighters known as The Golden Path. After learning of his heritage, Ajay joins them and fights to free the country from Min’s oppressive rule. Like all open-world action games, FC 4 mainly consists of firefights, side activities and exploration. You can tackle most missions with either stealth or all assault. And a grappling hook, elephants and gyrocopters are just a few new ways you can travel the terrain.

All the new additions to the Far Cry formula are great. Multiplayer and the map editor are still included, but the cooperative missions from FC3 are gone. Overall, "Far Cry 4" will please most fans of the series. It may not be the evolution its predecessor was, but it's a pretty good upgrade. I only wish it had a better story. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.
  77. Jan 22, 2017
    Für den Kauf von AC:Unity (und obwohl ich keinen einzigen Bug während meines Playthroughs verschreiben konnte ... hehe) konnte ich mir dieses Spiel kostenlos ziehen. Danke hierfür.

FC 4 ist was FC nunmal ist. Ein Open World FPS mit geiler Grafik. Nicht mehr nicht weniger. Nach typischer Ubisoft Formel werden Kartenmakierungen abgearbeitet um mehr Schlagkraft zu erhalten. Eigentlich

Eigentlich kann ich nicht mehr über dieses Spiel sagen. Weder die Story noch deren Ausgang haben mich wirklich vereinnahmt. Ich habe geballert, Türme erklommen, noch mehr geballert und wieder Türme erklommen - alles in einer schön anzusehenden Spielewelt.
  78. Mar 15, 2017
    Une suite au très bon Far Cry 3, on achète les yeux fermés ! surtout que le moteur Dunia est bien plus à l'aise sur la One que sur la 360 et de loin ! l'un des plus beaux jeux en monde ouvert assurément... malgré une fluidité imparfaite. On y retrouve l'interface de FC3 bien fichue et cette jouabilité infiltration ou bourrine selon l'humeur malgré quelques passages imposés certes. Et puis,Une suite au très bon Far Cry 3, on achète les yeux fermés ! surtout que le moteur Dunia est bien plus à l'aise sur la One que sur la 360 et de loin ! l'un des plus beaux jeux en monde ouvert assurément... malgré une fluidité imparfaite. On y retrouve l'interface de FC3 bien fichue et cette jouabilité infiltration ou bourrine selon l'humeur malgré quelques passages imposés certes. Et puis, bonne nouvelle, on a droit à une vraie VF et non pas une VQ comme dans le 3 ; la musique est également plus sympathique ; les maudits QTE ont presque tous disparu.

Cela étant, l'histoire et ses personnages sont beaucoup moins crédibles que dans l'épisode précédent, non pas que ce soit un point fort chez Ubisoft, que nenni, mais on atteint tout de même ici quelques sommets dans la caricature. Le ton hystéro-bouffon est donc à peine camouflé sans jamais l'assumer complètement comme dans un Saints Row 3 ou 4.

Le nouveau monde du Kyrat est très vertical, ce qui s'avère une erreur : difficile à parcourir, la mobilité représente un vrai problème très vite irritant. Les ennemis sont plus nombreux et de plus en plus costauds vers la fin du jeu, j'ai des grosses pétoires et l'impression de tirer des balles en carton tandis qu'eux tirent de vraies balles et font mouche à chaque fois peu importe la distance.

Bref, plus j'avance, plus FC4 me les casse, avec toujours ce sentiment logique de déjà vu mais en moins bon. Trop de surenchère sur les évènements aléatoires, les escarmouches incessantes, les aigles qui viennent te bouffer la tête, les bêtes qui surgissent de nulle part et les camps qui se font attaquer régulièrement sans compter ces camions à voler ou détruire, la chasse obligatoire pour débloquer les sacs et les armes et j'en passe...

Ce Far Cry 3,5 part dans tous les sens comme s'il était dans une crise d'épilepsie permanente sur des mécaniques de jeu pourtant éprouvées et efficaces. Ubisoft m'a déçu et je regrette amèrement d'avoir foutu du fric dans ce foutoir.
  79. Apr 1, 2017
    In general I love this game. Easy menus, good controls (similar to COD for example), nice open world, good graphics & sound. Most of the game is built around simply having fun, which is really why I play games.

After the prelude, the story line doesn't get in the way too much in terms of of cut scenes. I love some of the characters in the game (Mr. Chiffon, Rabi Ray Rana, Longenous and Pagan Min, probably all spelled wrong). Good diversity of things to do in the sandbox (hunting, shooting, racing, flying, exploring, swiming, blowing things up). Wide open world, considerable play time to complete game, multiple ways to approach missions are all pluses to me.

The game has a few quirks that both irritate me at times, but yet make it what it is. Getting simultaneously attacked by a bear, tiger and eagle while attempting to stealthily take an outpost can be annoying at times, but the fun of the game far outweighs the irritation.

The game has an awesome variety of weapons, a couple of which are way over the top. The buzzsaw comes to mind. Get in too deep, pull out that beast and annihilate the field in seconds.

A game built around freedom and fun. A nice change of pace.
  80. Apr 4, 2017
    Solid value that promises many many hours of FPS action. Possibly a superior game than the newly released Far Cry Primal but now at bargain bin prices, that has to count for something
  81. Jun 2, 2017
    This game was pretty good. Although the story was not as good as the last game, Far Cry 4 is still a great entry into the series because of its great gameplay and graphics.
  82. Aug 13, 2017
    As a longtime player of the Far Cry series, and one who was quite pleased with the direction the third installment took, I'll admit that I was looking forward to Far Cry 4 with great anticipation. My first play-through felt like a letdown.

I recently picked the game up again, and I can say with absolute certainty: Ubisoft really needs to do better with the upcoming #5. There are a

There are a number of positive things to say, of course. The game world is enormous, graphics are detailed (actual, decent-looking fur even on a console? Yes, that's pretty good.), and missions are varied. The added gameplay mechanic of a branching storyline - while by no means new - is well implemented and adds depth to the game. Much of the voice acting is spot-on, with Naveen Andrews and Janina Gavankar turning in outstanding performances, not to mention the outstanding work of Troy Baker as the game's primary antagonist, Pagan Min. (Much has been said of FC3's Vaas, voiced by Michael Mando. Make no mistake: Baker's work is every bit as good. They're two entirely different characters, each requiring a specific approach. In the case of Vaas, that meant over-the-top, out-of-his-skull crazy, which Mando delivered. Pagan requires something a little more...frayed-nerves, looking at the world through a very warped lens. Baker nailed it to the exact same level as Mando.) The variety of vehicles is a nice addition, with the new Buzzer microlight helicopter a particularly welcome - if disturbingly unbalancing - addition. And, of course, the wide world of Far Cry weapons and their attachments, which worked so well in FC3, is back and just as good.

A substantial improvement over FC3 is the inclusion of Takedown skills earlier in the game. By allowing players access to nearly the entire skill tree from the start - albeit with prerequisites, of course - players can hone their hand-to-hand skills early enough to be more than the relative gimmick they were in FC3.

So why the trashing on the score? Well, to put it bluntly, nobody balanced this game. It's...absurd, really. In all situations and at all difficulty levels, the enemy AI is capable of zeroing in on the player almost instantly (even in "blizzard conditions" where "the enemy will have difficulty locating you" and using silenced weapons, they're on you almost right away). That wouldn't be so bad if only the damage system were square, but it's not; you'll get pummeled quickly, while enemies just soak up damage. (Show me one human being that can take two rounds of 7.62 to center mass with only a parka for cover and keep fighting without pause, and I'll show you that it's the frickin' Hulk.) Since the entire game is built around combat, it's a glaring oversight.

Ladle on top of that the fact that you're the only one in fighting this war that seems to be able to do anything, and the frustration level skyrockets. Despite being surrounded by "allies," their ability to hit a target, hold an objective, or basically do anything but fire randomly is pretty much nil. What they can do is fire rounds into the air like the imbeciles they are as they celebrate a victory they had nothing to do with. Once you're that annoyed, things like incessant eagle attacks (against which you can't defend efficiently) and the ridiculously short in-game voice script just serve to irk you even more.

(Note for would-be developers: if you're going to go with the "quirky radio personality that talks about in-game events and the world," *give them more than nine lines to say.* Fallout 3 did fine with Three-Dog because he had stuff to say. Rabi Ray Rana in FC4 is just an annoying short tape loop. No fault to the actor; fault to Ubisoft for giving the writing short shrift. The same goes for the announcer in Shanath Arena, who sounds like a cheap rip-off of Edwin Hodgeman's Dr. Dealgood from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Sitting through the same 20-second pointless intro listening to the same [bleeping] lines just drives up the old blood pressure.)

In short, it's a game with a great setting, concept, and build, crippled by a developer's choice to shortchange writing AGAIN and refusal to balance the game properly before release.

So why review it now, three years after release? Because FC5 is coming up, and these days Ubisoft tends to double down on mistakes they've made in the past. Hopefully they'll up their game (no pun). Just be aware before you plonk down your preorder money.
  83. Feb 16, 2018
    Nice game
    Good story, nice Graphics, Gameplay, Great Graphics
    the game earns more love cause the open world is massive and full of things to do
  84. Jun 6, 2018
    Kyrat un paraiso de carton
    Puntos positivos:
    + Amplia variedad de misiones + La sensación de ir avanzando mientras mejoras equipo y personaje + Poder dominar animales y usarlos como armas + Opciones de mejora temporales con las plantas Puntos negativos: - Gráficamente no es ninguna maravilla - La historia no tiene nada de interesante y se ve venir - Repetitivo en muchos momentos
    Kyrat un paraiso de carton
    Puntos positivos:
    + Amplia variedad de misiones
    + La sensación de ir avanzando mientras mejoras equipo y personaje
    + Poder dominar animales y usarlos como armas
    + Opciones de mejora temporales con las plantas

Puntos negativos:
    - Gráficamente no es ninguna maravilla
    - La historia no tiene nada de interesante y se ve venir
    - Repetitivo en muchos momentos
    - El final es muy blando

En resumen;
    Un juego digno, que si no es una maravilla en ningún aspecto, entretiene y te hace pasa un rato agradable.
  85. Aug 4, 2018
    "Far Cry 4" is more "Far Cry 3.5" than a full blown sequel. It's basically an upgrade of its predecessor since it just offers more of the same. The gameplay has been slightly expanded upon at the expense of a solid narrative. A grappling hook, a gyrocopter and elephant riding are the most notable additions as well as the co-op mode. Also, players now have to choose from two different"Far Cry 4" is more "Far Cry 3.5" than a full blown sequel. It's basically an upgrade of its predecessor since it just offers more of the same. The gameplay has been slightly expanded upon at the expense of a solid narrative. A grappling hook, a gyrocopter and elephant riding are the most notable additions as well as the co-op mode. Also, players now have to choose from two different story paths at the start of each new mission. Other new features to the campaign include a challenge arena and a "karma" system. Overall, "Far Cry 4" is a little too similar to "Far Cry 3", but it's still terrific fun. I would rate it with an 8.5 out of 10. Expand
  86. Nov 6, 2018
    Many hours to fully complete, great open world, medium difficulty, The worse ever ending game that`s the minus 2 points
  87. Jul 29, 2019
    First off, this game does not live up to the hype or even the incredible background the story is set against. This game is not only beautiful in terms of landscape, but also lore and culture. The gameplay and game mechanics are actually pretty great and runs perfect. The major downfall is the lackluster story and weak villain. The story when you think about it even a little makes littleFirst off, this game does not live up to the hype or even the incredible background the story is set against. This game is not only beautiful in terms of landscape, but also lore and culture. The gameplay and game mechanics are actually pretty great and runs perfect. The major downfall is the lackluster story and weak villain. The story when you think about it even a little makes little sense and the character of Ajay kind of sucks. The other characters are also pretty weak and have no layers. There are also side missions that could be interesting, but have no impact whatsoever in the overall game, and its a shame because the characters within them are some of the best in the game. This game could have been amazing and one of the best ever and easily take the top seat in the franchise if it just had a more interesting villain and story. Expand

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Feb 15, 2015
    It can sometimes feel a little bit like Far Cry 3.5 rather than Far Cry 4, but it's a fun and enjoyable experience nevertheless, particularly so with another player. [Issue#119, p.60]
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Feb 9, 2015
    It's a fine sequel but plays it a little too safe for our liking. [Issue#257, p.70]
  3. Dec 17, 2014
    One could still wish for a better story, for more choice and consequence in your actions or for an end to the nagging collect-em-up nature of the Ubiworld. But for sheer daft mayhem, this is now the action game to beat.