6.7

1. Jun 5, 2018
    To start, Far Cry 5 is a lot of fun overall, but there are aspects of the game that make it feel more like a grind than a fps should.
    As far as what is good, it has a decent selection of weapons, a large open map to have fun with, and a large amount of vehicles to take control of. It also has a cast of interesting characters ranging from the insane antagonists to the large cast of guns for hire/fangs for hire. The story is basic, but it keeps your interest for the most part. Of course, this wouldn't be Far Cry if it didn't have explosive combat. It really delivers on that front, but I have to say that it doesn't any more polished than it did in Far Cry 3. Another aspect of the game that I thought was lacking was the choice of weaponry. It felt like a re-hash of Far Cry 3's selection and a lot of the guns are just different versions of the same thing. The mods you can do to the weapons are cool, but I just wish there was more variety.
    Some things I'm not too fond of include the silent protagonist. While it is cool that you make a custom character for the most part, it sucks to have someone who just grunts, screams, or does neither. I don't understand the thought behind it; games such as the Mass Effect series and even Fallout 4 had fully voiced over protagonists.
    On the graphical front, the game looks good, but I did notice some draw distance issues, which for a game like this is hard to ignore. The missions were pretty good for the most part, if not a little repetitive. My biggest gripes with the story are the weird missions that have to do with the main antagonists and the ending of the game. The missions relating to The Father's three "siblings" range from a little odd to bizarre. This of course has to carry over to three of the four "boss" battles being more tedious than fun. As far as the ending goes without spoiling anything, it is weak and the game doesn't even end definitively.
    All in all, its an entertaining game that can grab a decent portion of time if you let it. I was just expecting a bit more out of it than I got. Also, despite having two endings, to me there is very minimal replay value since this game has a decent bit of a grind feel to some of the missions. I would pick it up on sale to get a good fun to price ratio.
  2. May 24, 2018
    no es malo, pero sigue siendo mas de lo mismo, es entretenido, pero no es un juego que te invite a ser explorado a su totalidad.
  3. Mar 17, 2019
    worst part so far. The control feels laggy and the Story is trash. While the Graphic is good the setting itself is boring . There are not many things to do that makes fun. Its a pain to complete the story because it feels boring and uninteresting. Farcry 4 and Primal did it better. Funfactor 3/5
  4. Apr 4, 2018
    Far Cry 5 offers chaos. If you like chaos, you will like Far Cry 5. The world is huge, and the gameplay is varied. The roster system works really well, with nice variety among these supporting characters.

However, most aspects of Far Cry 5 are done better elsewhere. The plot is messy, often forcing situations to occur just to continue the narrative. It became ludicrous to be repeatedly captured, only to inevitably escape again. Constantly stuck in similar vision/dream sequences was also repetitive. The characters in this plot are very weak and often annoying. It is a massive detriment to the game that the world and characters do not match the chaos of the gameplay, often failing to go far enough. It manages to be neither funny, interesting or shocking.

With regards to in-game awards, and therefore incentive; money is of little value, there are not many vehicles or weapons or customization options, and perks offer a form of progression, but never feel absolutely necessary to progress. The single save system is nonsensical for this type of game. Especially when bugs kept giving me heart attacks when the game broke.

Far Cry 5 achieves what it sets out to do, create constant chaotically fun scenarios, making it difficult to be too critical. Nonetheless, in terms of quality, the game is very average.
  5. Apr 20, 2018
    Though there is a fun game here, I got tired of it really quick. All of the locations look the same, many of the guns are just lazy reskins of other guns, and the story and characters were underwhelming. The game is at its peak when you have a friend to dick around with in co-op, but even then it gets old quick. There is nothing in this game that you couldn't already do in Far Cry 4,Though there is a fun game here, I got tired of it really quick. All of the locations look the same, many of the guns are just lazy reskins of other guns, and the story and characters were underwhelming. The game is at its peak when you have a friend to dick around with in co-op, but even then it gets old quick. There is nothing in this game that you couldn't already do in Far Cry 4, except maybe one of the worst fishing minigames I've ever played.

If you just can't get enough of blowing **** up and killing hundreds of crazed psychopaths, then you will probably like this game, but for me, I've seen enough.
  6. Apr 15, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far Cry 5 is a lot of fun with varied game play and a lot to do. However, it loses points due to repetitive, tedious cut scenes and lackluster antagonists.

The good;
    Fun open world with lots to do.
    Vehicles are pretty good with auto-pilot or NPCs if you don't feel like driving yourself.

The not so good;
    Beautiful graphics but it's... Montana. It's a wonderfully rendered version of a not-very-compelling place with boring wildlife.

The bad;
    Villains are lackluster
    Each area gets repetitive in that once you reach a certain point you are captured, have to watch a cut-scene, escape, wash rinse repeat. By the second cut-scene this gets pretty tedious and there is a lot of this.
    Weapons lack variety especially considering the setting
    Random events are very hard to locate without Boomer (this has been a common flaw in all Far Cry games since 3)
    Perks allow you to have 2 NPCs but the game wasn't really designed for that. For example if you get into a vehicle, one of the NPCs may get in with you but the other will run along outside.

To sum up, i'd recommend buying Far Cry 5 on sale.
  7. May 3, 2018
    Why don't developer come up with more content? Repetitive gameplay same old grind just little cosmetic update. Feel like developer and publisher are out there just to get the money.
  8. Apr 1, 2018
    I really enjoyed the game up until the ending. Game probably lost 2 points simply for having such an atrocious ending. It's more Far Cry, nothing too revolutionary. The graphics are good, though I noticed quite a bit of struggle with objects in the distance. Trophies seemed a bit glitchy. Played most of the game with a sniper rifle or bow, and didn't get trophies for a headshot furtherI really enjoyed the game up until the ending. Game probably lost 2 points simply for having such an atrocious ending. It's more Far Cry, nothing too revolutionary. The graphics are good, though I noticed quite a bit of struggle with objects in the distance. Trophies seemed a bit glitchy. Played most of the game with a sniper rifle or bow, and didn't get trophies for a headshot further than 150m. I somehow doubt that. Overall it's a good time, just don't play the final mission and say to yourself, "I did I, everyone is saved. The villain is dead. All is good in the world again." Expand
  9. Jul 31, 2018
    First off - hats off to making a game with a political statement. The craziness that pervades in the USA now is pretty well captured in this game. Its pretty scary actually.
    The bad - the game feels disjointed, the story line doesn't really push you along like it did in Far Cry 4. Sure the free exploration is awesome but if you're just wandering aimlessly i'd rather do that in the real world.
    The game is buggy - NPCs teleport, 1 minute they are by your side, the next 100yds down the road. You'll liberate an outpost, be jogging out of town to your next destination and start getting shot by bad guys who just came out of town! WTH! There are many sudden deaths - getting stuck on terrain, bad enemy AI - one moment they are super alert, the next very dumb.
    The set dogfight scene was just terrible. Taking an outpost is now - get big sniper rifle, blast away from long range till just all NPCs dead, sneak in and stealth kill remainder. If they can't see you they just wander till you finish them - Far Cry 4 outposts were much more challenging. The loot system is pretty ordinary - i've not changed my main weapon since i got it at the start of the game. There is little progression here. Hunting is also pointless - see an animal, blast it to heck with your machine gun for a small vendor hit. In Far Cry 4 you at least hunted animals and got a bonus for a clean kill. Here they are just a waste of time unless pop right in front of you. Fishing is the same really, depends on you mood i guess if you want to do it.
    While not perfect, I do like the change to guns for hire - though it would be nice if there was a bit more depth to your sidekicks
    And last, there are way too many hillbillies in this game (another sad reflection) - it could be worse, it could be set in Australia with bogans everywhere. I loved Far Cry 4 - so I had high hopes for FC5.
  10. Jun 24, 2018
    Far cry 5 is a great game, to a point. Then it becomes stale and a complete grind to play through. The missions lose their variety after a while (minus a few highlights with the alien and cow sex levels) but i found it very hard to get through this whole meaty game because of lack of compelling gameplay and gun play . Also the villains get kind of annoying and just way too OTT after a while...
  11. Jul 14, 2018
    My experience with the Far Cry series has been a bit of a mixed bag. There's a lot of good that comes from the series (a lot of good with Ubisoft's games in general). But as time rolls on and newer releases are made I've noticed a few things have popped up that have sapped a bit of the experience away for me. The following are my pros and cons for the title of Far Cry 5.

::The Pros::

::The Pros::

Great World Building: The game world is very well designed and has been crafted in such a way where playing the game can cause you to get lost in its world as if you were exploring a real place. Houses and complexes dotting across the land are scattered about in a believable way for a medium to large sized farming community. Vehicles seen in the game are fitting choices for where the setting takes place. Moreover, the character designs for NPCs in the game are also believable for the geographical setting the game itself takes place in.

Superior Combat System: Out of all the other Far Cry games I've played (Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 specifically), this entry in the franchise has the best combat system by far. The weapon differences are more than just reskinned models of the same gun. The attachments optional for weapon optics actually have different features aside from how the scope / holo-sight looks. There are also multitudes of weapons in each category that will use different ammunition types, giving the playing more freedom to mix and match and really plan their load out. Moreover, throwables like bombs and Molotov cocktails can damage the environment itself, making unique ways to kill enemies.

Graphics: Okay, so I feel like this one doesn't need any explanation. Pretty much every new Triple A release out there on the market today has awesome graphics. As much as I don't feel it matters for my own personal enjoyment, I'm putting it here for those of you who really value a game's look and overall appearance.

Hunting & Fishing: I don't even enjoy games centered around hunting wildlife or fishing from the bank of a river, the idea itself is unappealing to me entirely. That said, Far Cry 5 managed to take this and make it fun. There's a genuine feeling of joy picking which ally will accompany you on your hunt and going over just how you plan to go about taking out your prey.

::The Cons::

The Story: Story might not be a big stable for Far Cry players, as some of the older games in the franchise didn't have much or force much on you in the way of actual plot beyond "these are the bad guys, go shoot 'em up." However, the story for this Far Cry is... Well, there's no other way to put it aside from just horrible. There are so many plot holes, so many things that make no sense whatsoever, and so many events that take place in this game's story progression that not only go beyond any sense of believability for realistic expectations, but go clear out beyond what the game's world itself states is possible earlier in the game. It's riddled with contradictions, forced events that scripted for player failure despite the player's level of skill, and overall the story line within the game forces itself upon the player rather than allowing you to discover it naturally.

Not Truly An Open World: This one's a bit of a mixed bag. The developers claim the game to be open world, make your choices and go where you want to accomplish the goals. Now, this is true to a very limited extent. You do choose which area in the game's world that you want to deal with first, however, during the many quests and side quests you will be forcibly defeated by enemies who appear from nowhere (sometimes whilst in the midst of a currently active mission--which it forces you to fail by the way) just for the game to whisk you away to where it feels you need to be to progress the story. The player is forced through undefeatable enemies into being captured and relocated to areas that the story itself feels you need to complete. This takes the choice from the player and makes the "open world" or "sandbox" claims people make about Far Cry 5 just not true. You could argue that technically once you complete these forced scripted defeat cycles that you can go about how you'd like as a player. However, these are so frequent during gameplay that if you decide to go off away from what the game feels is important for too long, they'll send another undefeatable band after you to put you back on what the developers much have felt is the right track.

Immersion & Believability: A final point tied into my other Cons listed for this title. With the story's constant contradictions and the undefeatable squads of enemies who are constantly dispatched to force you onto the developers' vision of the right track shatters any sense of realism, story telling, and immersion for a player's experience. It's a bad time.
  12. Mar 30, 2018
    I think that this is my favorite far cry game only to far cry primal (wether you like my opinion or not) The new setting is unique and I like how Ubisoft is willing to take a risk do to the setting a The game
  13. Apr 3, 2018
    I really feel like this game is what the score is settling at, a 7ish.

It is super fun, it is a gorgeous game and even though im giving it a 7/10, I think it's the Skyrim of Far Cry games. The map is the biggest it's been, fighting in the woods is awesome and looks amazing. Like Skyrim, you look at someone funny and BAM!! side quest and I feel good finishing them and getting perks
    I really feel like this game is what the score is settling at, a 7ish.

The map is the biggest it's been, fighting in the woods is awesome and looks amazing. Like Skyrim, you look at someone funny and BAM!! side quest and I feel good finishing them and getting perks and unlocking help. The more missions you do stuff does feel kinda repetitive, but its also worth it and fun.

I can't complain about the stashes with perk points, money and silver bars (if you find them) because I wanna deck out the sweet guns. I am running a sneak build and when you get everything on a sniper and get a few perks, I feel unbeatable.

The worst aspects of this game for me is just that the story isn't too crazy, it's insane for sure, but it isn't "bat **** insane". The AI is just bad, weird in 2018 so many games still have such bad AI like this and in groups it's just a bullet fest. The driving doesn't feel really good, but also because you have enemies all over the roads, I haven't felt like going out in the open much seeing as im building to more stealth.

I've only finished one section and it felt like a normal game to me (side quests and all) so in that I feel like based on content and fun to be had/small hand holding exploration, it's easily worth $60.

I think they're really gonna have to turn up everything to 11 on the next title an given how different Primal was and this one while missing marks, I think that is going to be very hard and I hope to see them really spend maybe 4 or 5 years on the next title.
  14. Apr 1, 2018
    Hello. I have been a long time follower of Far Cry. Perhaps this series reached its pinnacle with Far Cry 3. After the disappointment of Far Cry Primal, I was hoping Far Cry 5 would kick ass. 5 hours into the game, I have some questions.

The previous point system for gaining skills has been replaced by a challenge based point system which actually sucks because it dictates what you need to do to instead of allowing you to roam the environment. While the environment is graphically more realistic, the game dynamics have changed a lot. At this point, the jury is still out. I have spent a lot of time hunkering down and relying on npc characters to do the heavy lifting.

While you are in a rural environment, you are constantly harassed by random encounters which include attacks by animals as was the case in far cry 4.

To be honest, it is too early to judge, but I will probably return this game.

There is nothing new that makes it better.
    Arguably, the older versions were better.
    It is not fun to play.

Make your choice, but I have recently started to play Fallout 4 GOTY edition again and it is way better.
  15. Apr 8, 2018
    This game is the same Far Cry, that we are playing for about 8 years. Why? Because mechanics of this game doesn't change at all. Same guns, same animations, same avanposts, same stupid bots, same stupid coop bots. I thought that ubisoft will make better story this time, but they screw it up, AGAIN. They worked for this game for 3,5 years. And the only difference is big open world with tooThis game is the same Far Cry, that we are playing for about 8 years. Why? Because mechanics of this game doesn't change at all. Same guns, same animations, same avanposts, same stupid bots, same stupid coop bots. I thought that ubisoft will make better story this time, but they screw it up, AGAIN. They worked for this game for 3,5 years. And the only difference is big open world with too many side quests (they are more interesting, then main story). I understood Far Cry 4 back then in 2014, because Far Cry 3 was unexceptedly good and they fastly started to make the same game in only 2 years. Yes, part 4 of Far Cry series wasn't that bad, but the story was too stupid and uninteresting at all. I don't understand how Ubisoft made this part so bad and same as it was before in series. I just lost any faith in this company. Goodbye ubisoft. I will play your games only, if you make Subscription to your games, like Ea Access did. Expand
  16. May 23, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really struggled with giving this game a rating.. I loved the graphics, I loved the play in the game and the enemies are abundant The music was wonderful.. .. the bosses are pretty great and I loved the fact they are mild med and strong you decide which falls where.. No spoilers here.. :)

What I didn't like was the ending.. The ending sucked.. and its because of that, I give the rating I did.. There has to be hope.. Always.. There has to be hope.. I'm not sure I want to play the other 3 DLC's I got with my season pass and I agree with one of the posters below ..After playing this game I went back and started playing Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 and 4 again .. I really wanted to cry after this game..
  17. Nov 13, 2018
    Nice map and setting. Boring, repetitive, lame cut scenes, boss fights and ending.
  18. Apr 5, 2018
    It's another FarCry, same old **** different setting. Main villain is ok, supporting ones are meh, most of the NPC are boring as hell, especially those who you have to save to freedom the region. Only the Sheriff isn't so bad. Most companions are useless except animals and Ray as pilot, others are easy to kill or act super stupid you'll be reviving them most of the time. Story is ok, theIt's another FarCry, same old **** different setting. Main villain is ok, supporting ones are meh, most of the NPC are boring as hell, especially those who you have to save to freedom the region. Only the Sheriff isn't so bad. Most companions are useless except animals and Ray as pilot, others are easy to kill or act super stupid you'll be reviving them most of the time. Story is ok, the ending is cool, like I really liked that one, but the way (fight) that you have to do with Main villain is just so damn cringe worth. I hated the motivation of the seed family members, they so inhumanly bad wrote. I hated also that they did call me rookie after massacring like hundreds of cultist xD.
    Few small problems, that I didn't like also where small numbers of guns, you could be stuck with same gun from start to finish. Optic on sniper rifle are bad I mean in FC3 I could snipe some bad guys from 700m xD

What is good in this game? There is tons of stuff to do, animal companions, and pilot ray. if you don't like some content u just can skip IT, you still will progress through story. Some quests are cool, and fun to do. Graphics are good, and music is good as well, you have the filling of being somewhat the hero.

Final grade: Game is just ok, and fun if you like far cry series, nothing much. It's good to kill time to wait for something else bigger better. I paid for it less then 50$ so I would say for this price is worth it.
  19. May 13, 2018
    Far Cry 5 offers an engaging world to explore and an interesting premise. And while the story has it's ups and downs, the game is just fun as hell to play. There's a lot of stuff to do, and the missions are varied enough that it doesn't feel like the exact same thing over and over. The world is gorgeous and filled with cool things to discover. Ubisoft made a few commendable changes to theFar Cry 5 offers an engaging world to explore and an interesting premise. And while the story has it's ups and downs, the game is just fun as hell to play. There's a lot of stuff to do, and the missions are varied enough that it doesn't feel like the exact same thing over and over. The world is gorgeous and filled with cool things to discover. Ubisoft made a few commendable changes to the Far Cry structure, but it is largely similar to previous titles. Still, it's a really fun game that I'd recommend checking out if you were interested. Expand
  20. Jan 29, 2019
    I found Far Cry 5 a step down from the previous game. Though I enjoy the stealth more then FPS so that may be why.

Pros: - The beginning segment was awesome and the ending missions were great - I liked the skill points tied to challenges forcing you to use a variety of weapons - Found the story well done Cons: - With companions it pretty much wrecked stealth for me which is the

Pros:
    - The beginning segment was awesome and the ending missions were great
    - Found the story well done

Cons:
    - With companions it pretty much wrecked stealth for me which is the best part of Far Cry usually. Yes you don't have to use them but you know it also feels like you do.
    - So you get used to playing with companions but then in the final mission or other important missions you can't use them - why do devs teach you to play one way until the end?
    - Everytime you go pick up a weapon or loot they are basically right over each other - I rarely wanted to change weapons it was frustrating.
    - Had some frustrating slow downs and a mission I couldn't quit (Shooting Gallery) and took me forever to kill some dumb birds
  21. Apr 13, 2018
    the gameplay was awesome but it wasnt any different from other far cry games. Also:
    some aspects from it are done better in other games
    boss fights were repetetive like all other minor 'fights' and escapes...
    the story was ok but wasnt shocking
  22. Apr 20, 2018
    Esse jogo possui graficos espetaculares,jogabilidade confortavel,mapa gigantesco cheio de coisas pra se fazer,porem ele peca muitissimo na historia,que e praticamente inexistente,o jogo inteiro é de conquista de territorio,e voce é praticamente obrigado a fazer coisa secundaria(coisa que nao tinha nos antigos da saga)
  23. Sep 28, 2018
    regulate in its entirety, due to the fact that this game has a huge potential, but only that "potential" but not a playable reality. The main defect is the lack of passion, remarkable with artificial intelligence that is disappointing in full 2018. could be better only that.
  24. May 19, 2018
    buen juego, pero en las físicas es muy inferior a entregas anteriores, cuando debería ser el reves
  25. May 21, 2018
    Una gran historia que va de menos a más, secuencias de acción trepidantes, y varios giros en la trama te mantienen pegado al juego durante horas. Quizá lo repetitivo de muchas de las misiones puede ser agotador para muchos, pero lo bueno es que no se requieren completar para disfrutar la historia al completo.
  26. Apr 2, 2018
    The title places you in the shoes of a U.S. Marshal being sent to retrieve the leader of a paramilitary cult that has taken over a small town in Montana that is wanted for a number of charges. Things don’t go according to plan and you soon end up joining a group of rebels that are trying to take back their homes and save their loved ones from the group. The antagonist and his family are aThe title places you in the shoes of a U.S. Marshal being sent to retrieve the leader of a paramilitary cult that has taken over a small town in Montana that is wanted for a number of charges. Things don’t go according to plan and you soon end up joining a group of rebels that are trying to take back their homes and save their loved ones from the group. The antagonist and his family are a fairly interesting group of characters, but they don’t come anywhere close to posing the threat that Michael Mando’s Vaas did in Far Cry 3. You’ll spend your time taking over outposts, destroying cult properly, freeing hostages, among other options. These missions are well varied and break up the monotony that previous entries were known for. I particularly enjoyed the stunt racing that had ‘Murica written all over it, with its bald eagle and firework spectacle that starts each race, coupled with the southern rock soundtrack that backs them. I was honestly waiting for a Donald Trump lookalike to pop out at the finish line with his MAGA hat on.

Many of the mechanics and controls are carbon copies of past games in the series and rarely disappoint, although Ubisoft has dumbed down the hunting aspect to the point that it barely is present anymore. While there are some missions requiring you to hunt down a specific type of animal, they are no longer used for crafting. I’m not normally one for crafting as it’s normally boring, but I thoroughly enjoyed the hunting required to carry additional weapons or make other upgrades that the previous games required. This is more of an afterthought, with wildlife being much more sparsely placed (unless you’re driving, at which point deer and other animals stand in the road in huge groups), reducing the chances of a random tiger attacking you in the middle of creeping around a base like the past games. These were some of the most memorable moments in the franchise. Sure, fishing has been added as an alternative, but it’s about as much fun as sitting out by the water in real life, and at least there’s normally beer involved in reality. And Nature. Oh, and mosquitos. So I guess that is a bit of a tradeoff.

Visually the game is pretty impressive from the get go, featuring a huge map that can fully be accessed without additional loading screens, although the initial one is a bit of a killer – it takes close to 5 minutes to get in game if not using one of the console’s resume features. The water and lighting effects are amazing and make the wilderness settings really stand out. I’d often stop and take in the scenery while exploring. The character models look photo realistic at many points, but other small details are lacking and break immersion: tires cannot be shot out of vehicles and glass does not display bullet holes from the outside but will shatter if driving. Sure, these might be petty complaints, but when the visuals are THAT good, you’d think they could have added these small touches. In addition to this, many of the character models for NPCs and enemies are recycled to the point that it feels like you’re shooting at turtles and mushrooms from Super Mario Bros.

I know that up until now my review hasn’t been all that bad compared to my opening – that’s about to change. This game is the buggiest thing I have ever played in my life, and most are not even mildly entertaining like those found in Mass Effect Andromeda. Many of the cut scenes are 3-5 seconds out of sync, and when the cult leader is longer winded than Negan of The Walking Dead, it’s a problem. I’d often zone out, only paying attention to the lips moving with his dead eyes staring at me, opposed to following the narrative. There is also a repeated story segment which overstays its welcome: the leader sends some highly trained soldiers after you, relentlessly pursuing you until you are brought in for a nightmare like sequence. Not only was I pissed this happened as I was en route to do some major damage to a cult base, I would like to know how the hell they pulled me from midair, in a helicopter, from the ground without dying. Add this to the occasionally bullet proof bear or enemy, random unexplained deaths, invisible walls, and the game breaking error I received around 1/3 of the way to completion, and it’s obvious my time in Eden Falls has been less than a joy. I’ve also been screwed out of 100% completion, as one of the many collectibles (a silo filled with explosives) was blown up as I was dying. This wouldn’t be a big deal if I got credit for it, but I didn’t. There’s an icon telling me where the same one is, which I have revisited and now, a lone enemy is in a field in place of it. Similar issues have popped up mid-mission as well, forcing me to restart one of the air combat missions from the beginning, which caused me motion sickness. At this point, Chad's given up on the story and am hoping for a patch to fix this.
  27. Jun 6, 2018
    Far Cry 5 is a weird game for me to score. While I thought the main world was huge and had a ton to do, and the graphics on a Xbox One X were absolutely amazing, the story is not that great and the amount of time you spend trying to fight dudes who just seemingly show up out of nowhere was way too high. The enemy spawn rate needs to be drastically reduced IMO. Anyway the story and theFar Cry 5 is a weird game for me to score. While I thought the main world was huge and had a ton to do, and the graphics on a Xbox One X were absolutely amazing, the story is not that great and the amount of time you spend trying to fight dudes who just seemingly show up out of nowhere was way too high. The enemy spawn rate needs to be drastically reduced IMO. Anyway the story and the characters are extremely hit or miss, mostly misses. With the ending being very odd and not something I particularly enjoyed. I can kinda agree with the stuff that happens but it's hard for me to talk about without spoiling anything. I'd also like for a game that advertises open world exploring to not force the story parts onto you. It literally drags you to the next story mission in the middle of combat sometimes and it's very jarring.
    It's a game that I'd recommend to people who really like FPS open world type of games. But the story might not keep your attention for long and might actually start to ruin the experience for you, like it started too for me towards the end. But there's enough here for me to recommend to people who might like these types of games. Prob for a discount however.
  28. May 5, 2018
    Far Cry 5
    Pretty Bland
    Far Cry 5 is the first numbered game I’ve played in the series since far cry 2… After hearing such great things about this game I thought my experience would be even better since Far Cry 5 would feel so fresh and new to me because I haven’t played 3 or 4.. I wouldn’t have that this is just more of the same kind feeling.. And despite this.. that feeling is
    Far Cry 5
    Pretty Bland
    Far Cry 5 is the first numbered game I’ve played in the series since far cry 2…
    I wouldn’t have that this is just more of the same kind feeling..
    And despite this.. that feeling is exactly what I got here..
    Far Cry 5 feels like just another bland and boring shooter…
    The game takes play in a fictional hope county Montana USA
    you play as your own created character out to take down Joseph Seed… A cult leader..
    But to get to him in car cry fashion you have to regain control and liberate 3 different territories and take down his 3 siblings….
    You can take them down in and order you’d like.. though the game suggests you start in the south and make your way up, so this is exactly what I did starting with John Seed…
    And by this games roughly 28 hour long campaign you’ll understand exactly why the game suggests you start at the bottom and work your way up..
    John seeds section is easily the strongest part of the game in terms of world building and level design… every area of this section of the map is memorable, it feels worth exploring for its treasures, the side quests feel worth doing…
    And this is the majority of the campaign as well, taking me about 13 hours to clear, and then it’s on top faith seed which took about 10 hours to clear… the world building is miles weaker, but these 10 hours are saved by one of my favorite villains in video game history..
    This was hands down my favorite chunk of the game thanks to how unique her individual missions are as you’re dealing with something called the bliss.. this causes hallucinations, and a creepily charming, seductive and hypnotic crazy girl that we’ve all dated before, and then the final 5 hours of the game is dealing with the mediocre Jacob seed section…
    the world building in the north of this map is mind numbing garbage.. no heart here whatsoever…
    so I’m happy it takes up so little of the campaign time…
    But to get to these story missions you have to bring these characters out.. you have to cause mayhem around the world..
    and this is what far cry fans love about the game…
    liberating posts, destroying property, rescuing characters and animals like cheese burger the bear to call them in to help you during missions, you Can even play through the world co op with friends
    and after you’ve done enough damage you’ll be marked and they will hunt you down and you then have to escape whatever scenario you find yourself in.. sadly, though there are only 3 missions for each character aside from their introduction…
    such a massive disappointment..
    especially with a character such as faith seed..
    it’s a shame how underused she is
    I honestly would’ve preferred if she was the only character in the game, and we were constantly dealing with her tricks and seduction..
    shes so well written,
    sadly this isn’t what we get… I feel that the first chunk if this game is the only section where any of this chaos causing gar cry fans enjoy is any fun
    the faith seed section is saved by the character, but that’s the only redeeming quality.. the world gets more bland as the game goes on
    After I cleared the first part of the map I resorted to just clearing missions with a helicopter.. that’s how little I cared to explore..
    outside of the campaign there is a decently fun arcade mode where you can build your own singpleypalyer, co op, or death match maps using assets from the past far cry games and even games like assassins creed..
    plenty to get creative with..
    but if you’re like me and creating the levels isn’t your thing you can just hop in to play other peoples maps or even have some decently fun competitive play with some alright maps thrown in there…
    there isn’t the call of duty polish here, but I had a decent amount of fun.
    Far Cry 5 has its moments of greatness despite feeling a bit lazy as it goes on.
    this would’ve been a better game had it been smaller and more polished with much more narrative focus
    I know Ubisoft would disagree with such a statement but at the end of the game I think we can all agree
    We need a faith seed game
    I give Far Cry 5
    a 7.5/10
  29. Apr 13, 2018
    I compare Far Cry 5 to movies like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Not much depth, and somewhat downright corny but a joy none the less. That's not to say Die Hard or Lethal Weapon are bad movies or Far Cry 5 is a bad game. All 3 are good ole fashion entertainment. Loud explosions and fast paced action is what Far Cry 5 does best, that is unless you are caught into one of the 15 minute NPCI compare Far Cry 5 to movies like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Not much depth, and somewhat downright corny but a joy none the less. That's not to say Die Hard or Lethal Weapon are bad movies or Far Cry 5 is a bad game. All 3 are good ole fashion entertainment. Loud explosions and fast paced action is what Far Cry 5 does best, that is unless you are caught into one of the 15 minute NPC monologue that can not be skipped. No matter how many times you play through. Honestly though Far Cry 5 is a well made, and polished game. Other than the occasional weird choice of respawn locations (usually looking down a barrel the minute the load screen ends) Far Cry 5 runs flawlessly. Not much else to say about it. I encourage anyone who does play it, play to the end, trust me. My biggest gripe is that it seems that Far Cry is starting to get into Assassin's Creed disease. I don't know how much longer Far Cry can survive with the same formula. Sure, Ubisoft got rid of the endless tower climbing but there just isn't enough of a change to say that it's a far cry away from Far Cry (see what I did there? :-) I believe its time for a bit of a shake up. Still though Far Cry 5 is just good enough to recommend a play through, even at $59.99. Better do it now before God of War releases lol. Expand
  30. Apr 11, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 5 offers several improvements over previous games and has a great story... until the ending.

The Good:

I love the Far Cry games and I had a blast playing this one. For about 4 days. I liked the progression system the game implemented. Gone are those f#&@ing radio towers that take forever and a half to activate. You discover locations based on where you set foot on the map, making it much easier to fast travel and find side missions. Overall the gameplay feels much more organic, side missions just sort of happen. You don't have to track down some old woman in some shack in the middle of the woods to do a side quest. I also liked the game's villains. They were cunning and well written, in true Far Cry fashion. The region system also worked well. It was fun doing quests and gradually liberating each region. It created added incentive and made the side quests much more worthwhile.

The Gripes:

What if I told you that no matter what you do in the game, it comes down to three b.s. endings.

I'm getting Mass Effect flashbacks all over again.

The first one is a secret ending where at the very beginning of the game, you chose not to arrest the father and you forgo the game's entire storyline. I don't know about you but that's pretty lame. Two, all the people you help show up with bliss smoke around their heads (or they're just vape gods idk) and are under the control of the father. They stick up you, the sheriff, and the deputies and the father asks you to just leave them in peace and no harm will come to you. If you choose to leave, you get in the car with Whitehorse and the deputies and drive away. Whitehorse says that he's gonna call in the national guard and take out the father. But as you are driving away, the song that Jacob used to condition you (turn you into a sleeper agent basically) comes on the radio. Your vision goes red and then the screen blacks out, leaving you to assume that you went total ragin' Cajun and killed your friends. The last and most f#^@ed ending is where you choose to resist the father wherein the nuclear apocalypse actually happens. You drive away through the nuclear hellfire and crash when a tree hits the truck. Then you wake up chained to a bed in Dutch's bunker with none other than the freakin' father. Where you will spend the rest of your days listening to his enlightened ass saying I told you so. Everyone is dead and your choices didn't matter.

That's it. The grand finale. At least in ME3, everyone lived and the galaxy was a better place. OR MAYBE THE CONTROL/SYNTHESIS ARE THE PRODUCT OF SHEPARD'S INDOCTRINATION AND THE ONLY REAL ENDING IS THE RED ONE BECAUSE IT DESTROYS THE REAPERS AND SHOWS SHEPARD TAKING A BREATH. THE EXTENDED CUT IS A LIE. INDOCTRINATION THEORY CONFIRMED.

But in Far Cry 5, the ending is not even interesting. It just sucks. You either don't help anyone, leave them with the father and kill your friends, or everyone dies. Nothing you did in the entire game mattered. Maybe this ending appeals to the pretentious woke/deep people among us, whose favorite pastime is writing bad nihilist poetry devoid of any originality and the over use of a thesaurus. But for the rest of us, it sucks donkey balls.

My other complaints are as follows:

1. There aren't enough weapons
    2. Said weapons take too short a time to unlock. By the time you take out two of the father's lackeys, you already have all the weapons.
    3. The prestige weapons don't offer any advantage to the normal weapons other than a skin. This makes them pointless.
    4. No boobies
    5. Some of the side missions are rediculously hard and offer crappy rewards. I'M LOOKING AT YOU WHAT THEY CARRIED.

Okay gotta take a break for a sec, there is this mission called "what they carried" where this guy asks you to track down all of these lighters from Vietnam. You see, he and his buddies feared that something like the cult might happen so they stockpiled a bunch of weapons in this dude's shed and kept parts of the code to get into said shed on the back of these lighters they got in 'nam. Buuuuut, you gotta go all over hell and half of Georgia to find them. I thought that since you had to go over all three regions to get the lighters the reward would be some sick gun that you can only get from the mission or at least a unique outfit or something. But get this. The reward is ammo. AMMO! Literally you could get this stuff from any outpost or mission easily but this guy makes you go all over the place just to get some dynamite, C4, and a few arrows. Don't do this mission.

6. Silent protagonist. There is no excuse for this. They justify it because you make a custom character, which has no effect on the game and you only see yourself when you die so it doesn't really matter anyway. Plus, freaking Fallout 4 managed to do this on a much bigger scale with both male and female characters. AND they had multiple text options.

Conclusion:

Decent game, crap ending, buy on sale.
  31. Mar 30, 2018
    Far cry 5 is a very great game that let's you explore your surroundings, hunt, fight enemies, and such.
  32. Apr 19, 2018
    Dans ce Far Cry dans le Montana, tout a été remis à plat en ce qui concerne ses mécaniques : les tours ont dégagé (ouf !) et le système de progression est bien plus naturel puisque les points de compétence vous seront donnés lors de l'exploration ou en accomplissant des défis, défis qui vous encouragent très logiquement à utiliser tout l'arsenal à disposition. La chasse n'est plusDans ce Far Cry dans le Montana, tout a été remis à plat en ce qui concerne ses mécaniques : les tours ont dégagé (ouf !) et le système de progression est bien plus naturel puisque les points de compétence vous seront donnés lors de l'exploration ou en accomplissant des défis, défis qui vous encouragent très logiquement à utiliser tout l'arsenal à disposition. La chasse n'est plus nécessaire pour débloquer les capacités d'emport et devient tout-à-fait optionnelle : tout se fait par les points obtenus via les défis.

La carte n'est plus surchargée d'icônes dans tous les sens, car tout apparaît au fur et à mesure de vos découvertes et dialogues avec les résistants ; le jeu a repris à son compte le bon principe de GR Wildlands. Le monde en lui-même peut se parcourir de long en large sans difficulté, contrairement à Far Cry 4, sans devoir utiliser un putain de grappin même si celui-ci existe toujours.

Far Cry 5 est aussi exempt de tout farmage intempestif, une excellente nouvelle ! pas de merdes à ramasser ou si peu qu'elles en sont devenues totalement anecdotiques. On progresse comme on le souhaite et à son rythme dans la campagne, laquelle propose d'ailleurs tellement de missions principales qu'on a toujours le choix.

L'interface générale est un modèle du genre et a été améliorée par rapport aux précédents Far Cry, la maniabilité se révèle impeccable et les sensations sont excellentes : il s'agit de l'un des meilleurs FPS existants et peu peuvent lui être comparés à ce niveau d'excellence. L'arsenal est varié et la partie sonore est incroyablement soignée, soulignant avec à-propos et justesse le déluge de feu en votre possession.

D'ailleurs, qu'il est drôle de constater qu'ici et là, le jeu tente de caricaturer et brocarder les fidèles de la NRA et le recours continuel à la violence alors que personnellement dans la campagne, j'ai tué tout de même 1457 personnes ! et on ne peut pas faire autrement : on est pas dans un Deux Ex ou un Dishonored ! Quoi qu'il en soit, le jeu se moque gentiment des maniaques des armes à feu, spécialité américaine comme chacun le sait : c'est souvent maladroit mais ça ne mange pas de pain.

Ah j'allais ouiblier le système de compagnons qui peuvent vous épauler à tout moment : au nombre de 9, ils sont tous aussi tarés que les cinglés de la secte et 2 d'entre eux (au choix) viennent vous prêter main forte quand ça sent le roussi... et ça sent souvent le roussi par ici !

Un mot sur la très bonne VF, la musique ratée (qu'on peut désactiver) et un autre sur la baffe graphique que constitue ce Far Cry 5 (étoiles) : il tourne en 4K sans faiblir sur la Xbox One X avec un niveau de détails, de précision et d'effets sidérants ; en 2 mots, absolument magnifique.

On s'amuse beaucoup dans le Montana, dans ce joyeux massacre qu'on peut parcourir aussi en hélico ou en avion (!) de façon furtive (et cela fonctionne bien malgré une IA perfectible) ou de façon moins subtile... il faut dire que le jeu pousse au crime et la moindre occasion de faire parler les flingues puisqu'on a assez vite la puissance de feu -jubilatoire- d'un croiseur.

L'histoire en général, on s'en tamponne dans les Far Cry : y a toujours des méchants et leurs sbires et donc toi, t'es là pour passer un grand cou
  33. Apr 17, 2020
    Meanwhile gameplay is better than in FC4 story is somehow even worse and I thought that it isn't even possible. They have split map into 3 regions and in each you will be 3 times drugged and kidnapped. One of those kidnaps is bunker escape and boss fight. I don't understand who could approved this nonsense.

Gameplay is mostly the same. New things are companions who are really great and

Gameplay is mostly the same. New things are companions who are really great and skills for challenges and I like it. Also new map is great because it isn't just some ugly jungle.
  34. Jul 4, 2020
    Far Cry 5 is a great game to pass the time with. Every now and then it becomes really fun to free the areas from the extremists. However, the game never really gets good. Continuously the same NPCs, no ambition in mission design and the world building is not special at all. I can't say anything other than this is another typical Ubisoft game. Occasionally fun to play but nothing special.
  35. Nov 10, 2019
    Sama gra nawet fajna i grafika również bardzo ładna ale to nadal to samo...
  36. Mar 21, 2020
    I’ve put some time into this game, all I can say is repetitive! I’m on my last territory and I’m about to jump off a building because it is so repetitive. But, besides that it looks really good. The controls are easy. The story...meh. Nothing grand. The guns for hire is okay at best. I see myself usually taking my normal 3 people on rotation. Stealth really isn’t a big thing once you getI’ve put some time into this game, all I can say is repetitive! I’m on my last territory and I’m about to jump off a building because it is so repetitive. But, besides that it looks really good. The controls are easy. The story...meh. Nothing grand. The guns for hire is okay at best. I see myself usually taking my normal 3 people on rotation. Stealth really isn’t a big thing once you get in the higher levels. Which sucks because I like a challenge. I wouldn’t pay full price for this game (which I didn’t) and would anyone who wants to buy it get the bundle and/or the discounted game. Especially since it is growing on 2 years old. Expand
  37. Jun 30, 2020
    Some excellent characters and audio in this game, an excellent premise for a story but the gameplay is shallow and repetitive. gearing up is minimal and every encounter feels the same.. Fun in short doses but not a game that has me coming back for more.
  38. Jul 26, 2020
    Far Cry 5 is a very fun shooter games. The world is huge, good graphism at all. Nevertheless, some aspects of the game tarnish it like artificial intelligence of the ennemies that make the experience so easy.
  39. Aug 3, 2020
    El juego en si no esta mal, la premisa de la secta era cuanto menos atrayente, pero al final sin ser un mal juego es de esas cosas que uno no sabe explicar, es un juego sin alma y le perdí el interés muy pronto.
  40. Sep 3, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. is a completely broken game, with a very good story but slow loading, Saved games that just DISAPPEAR, transition between cut scene and gameplay is bad, gameplay with Autos It is questionable. Game with very good potential but not taken advantage of. Not being able to store cars picked up at random is very bad, they almost make you pay ! Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 32 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 6, 2018
    This fresh take on the Far Cry franchise is clearly visible content-wise, but a tad more discrete on the style. If you're not bothered by the slightly repetitive formula, you'll enjoy the many strengths of this episode.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    Far Cry 5 is exactly what you would expect from a Far Cry game and not much more. It does the open world really well, but the bland story drags it down. The game touches a sensitive subject, but doesn’t have guts to actually say something and couldn’t convince me even for a minute that what’s happening could be real. What the franchise obviously needs is a new beginning, a leap of faith Assassin’s Creed Origins was brave enough to take. [05/2018, p.56]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    May 26, 2018
    Murderous and mad, this is one of the silliest, most immersive open worlds on Xbox. [June 2018, p.73]