7.7

1. May 31, 2021
    This is the most enjoyable open world game that I've ever played.

Riding the chocobos for all Eos it was a beautiful experience, filled with little but very cool moments.
    And adding to this the impressive graphics, the fun gameplay, and the epic lore, we have a great and cool game to play for even more than 100 hours.

I can safely recommend this to any action jrpg lovers
  2. May 31, 2021
    Incredibly uninspired and boring ass narrative BUT the combat was fun and the driving was cool i guess.
  3. May 12, 2021
    One of the worst, most misdirected pieces of media of all time. This game had so much potential, but **** the bed every step along the way.
  4. Apr 25, 2021
    I think FFxv is a bit of a sleeper masterpeice and over thr years more and more people will come to see the genius behind its design. I didnt think much of it at first but once I got my head around the systems and relaxing attitude of the game I was in love.. Luckily characters like Cindy pull you through the first few frustrating hour of the game while your stuck with 4 wierd dudes andI think FFxv is a bit of a sleeper masterpeice and over thr years more and more people will come to see the genius behind its design. I didnt think much of it at first but once I got my head around the systems and relaxing attitude of the game I was in love.. Luckily characters like Cindy pull you through the first few frustrating hour of the game while your stuck with 4 wierd dudes and eventually the game indroduces more and more interesting , beutifull and bad arse characters Expand
  5. Apr 1, 2021
    In the opening Final Fantasy XV claims that it is a Final Fantasy for both old fans and new ones. This is an odd statement. But once the combat starts you begin to know why it is said.

Final Fantasy XV is a solid game. However, it has some glaring issues. The combat is clunky, and very chaotic. There is no strategy in the combat system, as with older FF games. It is inferior and takes away a very enjoyable element of FF of old. And the summoning is awful. You must meet a oddly specific set of scenarios for you to summon. Very lame, and bad idea.

The Regalia is more of a nuisance than anything else. Driving is boring, and cumbersome. Noctis is a enjoyable character, and his supporting cast is decent enough, but forgettable.cast is decent. But fairly forgettable.

All in all, FF XV is solid but it's poor Combat design, lame Summon system, side chores, long load times even on on blurry Xbox One, and shallow leveling system make it a poor entry In the iconic series.
  6. Mar 19, 2021
    FF15 is a game that clearly lacked direction during its time in development hell. The game is not without its charms, but - at least for my tastes - a whole lot of dev time was wasted on stuff that doesn't really add up to making FF15 a good game.

I think FF15 does reasonably well with its story and characterization. I think it's fair to complain about the pacing - I'll get back to this - but ultimately the overarching story isn't bad. It gets pretty wonky at the end, but hey, this is Final Fantasy and Tetsuya Nomura is involved, so it's expected. The bad guy has a lot of potential, but his potential is kinda ruined by his confusing motivations and stranger origins - which are not really explained in the main game. Time to read some fandom.wiki articles!

The lack of direction is apparent when looking at secondary characters. Aranea, Loqi, Cor, Jared and Talcott, even Ravus and the emperor - whose name I can't remember - they probably all could have been cut or replaced with random mooks, and the story wouldn't really have been affected. Their existence is probably a result of having them involved in all the FF15 ancillary media. Gotta monetize that FF15 universe!

The main characters however are surprisingly likable. Noctis thankfully looks much more emo than he acts, and if you ignore the ridiculous haircuts and outfits, the whole team is pretty fun. The story actually builds these characters up reasonably well - mind you I haven't played the DLC - and I felt attached to the 4 mains fairly quickly.

I don't like all of the music, but there are definitely some great tracks in there.

I find the visuals to be a mixed bag. I mean, some stuff looks incredibly realistic, but looking realistic and looking good are two different things to me. When the rain stops just as the sun is setting, the world is absolutely beautiful. Some of the architecture is amazing, the city of Altissia is really impressive. Most dungeons actually have really intricate designs, but it's usually so dark in there I couldn't see **** The world has some arresting vistas, but at the same time most of it seems bland and empty. The really impressive stuff isn't explorable, and what is accessible is kinda boring. It's like the opposite of Breath of the Wild, where your goals are always to get to those special places. Here, the impressive stuff is just eye-candy, you can never get in real close, and there aren't really any payoffs for finding interesting locales.

I find the enemies overdesigned. I've beaten tons of monsters that I still wouldn't be able to recognize in a police lineup. Because they are "realistic", they're not particularly colorful and don't pop much on screen and are just hard to see. I also find the juxtaposition of 4 guys in extravagant Harajuku streetwear driving around in what looks like a fancy European luxury car against '50s style diners and old rusty cars driven people wearing khakis to be really jarring. Odd choices.

These odd design choices permeate basically every part of the game, including the basic game content. The game is massive, no doubt. There are almost 200 sidequests, and  the gameplay hook is pretty enticing. The temptation to do "one more quest" is very strong, and I've binged on these seemingly endless quests in hopes of gaining obscene amounts of EXP. EXP aside, the quest payouts aren't particularly good, but having the capacity to later blow through main quest events is oddly alluring. So I guess that part worked out.

But ultimately the vast majority of the game's content resides in sidequests. Out of the approximately 50 hours I spent on the game, maybe 10 of them were story related. After spending way too much time doing hunts and fetch quests, I figured I'd jump back into the story, and what happens? "Oh hey, Noct, how about we stop here for a sec?" "Yo Noct, wanna check out this waterfall?" "Help me with this garden, Noctis".

I JUST SPENT 15 HOURS DOING SIDEQUESTS, I'M READY TO MOVE ON

All this side content ultimately messes with the pacing of the story, which tries to be extremely urgent and serious. That is, until the game prevents you from doing sidequest completely.

Why was so much energy devoted to so many pointless things instead of the main quest? Why are basic actions like getting into the car and talking to people and picking up items on the ground so clunky and frustrating and slow? Why is the camera always stuck behind trees or boulders during battles? Is this really the battle system the devs were aiming for? Is the game trying to be a open world game or a horror game with those dark underground levels? Did Squeenix try to make a game that is 100% sidequest as a weird market study?

If you want a time sink, this game has you covered. If you want a well-paced, cohesive story, you may want to look elsewhere. The lack of direction and emphasis on aspects that I find unessential ruin the great potential the game may have had.
  7. Feb 23, 2021
    The game itself is lots of fun, I really enjoy this game. However the constant crashing to desktop with zero errors after trying so many fixes and solutions I've given up. The game is a crashy buggy mess and is unplayable at recommended system specs. They've had many years to fix the crashing but there is still no solution.
  8. Jan 18, 2021
    •I think the story is the most important part of this game and it’s kinda good? I think at least sorta good. Like the events of the plot can be interesting but for sure a lot of it feels nonsensical and overly complicated when it really doesn’t need to. There’s so much stuff with blah blah blah the gods (which are cool) and flashbacks and all this bs and I just didn’t care. It felt dumb.•I think the story is the most important part of this game and it’s kinda good? I think at least sorta good. Like the events of the plot can be interesting but for sure a lot of it feels nonsensical and overly complicated when it really doesn’t need to. There’s so much stuff with blah blah blah the gods (which are cool) and flashbacks and all this bs and I just didn’t care. It felt dumb. The relationships are fleshed out enough that I liked nearly everyone but not so much that I actually cared for anyone. I would have liked to. But the character writing just isn’t that great for anyone except Ardyn (Ignis and Prompto are also pretty good and consistent actually). Noctis was boring and Gladio was unintentionally lame. If everything had been more streamlined I really feel like this could’ve felt as epic as they wanted it to but as it is it kinda felt like a joke to me. Still enjoyed it though, and the main quest content (especially the dungeons which are quite good) is the best stuff in the game to me even if the sudden change from open world to strictly linear is a bit jarring.
    •The open world is a bit of a mess. Not because the actual world isn’t interesting or pretty, quite the opposite. Although maybe not interesting enough that I actually cared to explore it because of how much open space there is. The reason it’s a mess is because of the side content in this game. It is bad. The only reason you should want to play any of it is to get more experience. Literally no other reason. They are boring, repetitive, uninspired, the quest givers have nothing interesting to say and don’t flesh the world out nearly at all. It’s a shame with how many pretty cool areas there are so see throughout the world. The fact that you can see landmarks from the other half of the map is damn impressive. Camping is something I really liked, even if I didn’t love that you needed to rest to get your xp, I just thought it fit the road trip theme, and I think it’s cute that at the end of every day you’ll see the new pictures Prompto took and when you’re actually at a camp Ignis can cook you something to boost stats. Also driving around is a fun feature that also helps with the road trip vibe. I never minded driving to a new location because of the sights. Riding Chocobos is a different story because a decent amount of the time you’re gonna end up going back to an area you’ve seen or feel like you’ve seen, and they’re not exactly entertaining to use, but it’s better than running everywhere.
    •But possibly another reason I didn’t care to explore the open world or do the side quests is because the combat, the main form of gameplay, is messy. It can be fun. But it is messy. There is no real strategy other than dodging when you can actually notice there’s an attack coming your way and then attacking yourself, or blocking/parrying when you can, or just using your teammates moves whenever they’re available. Also there are “summons” and these are really, really cool. Except they’re random, and aside from plot moments where they’re guaranteed to happen I had a total of three summons the entire game. Kinda sucks. That is basically it. Warp striking can be fun and it’s visually quite cool but yeah that’s about it. Any deeper complexities aren’t worth mentioning because aside from using items when you need health I didn’t need to do much else.
    •The skill tree really only helps with combat and we kinda went over that. None of the upgrades feel that meaningful but they do help.
    •The gear system is in depth enough. I would’ve liked if using spells didn’t take using a resource and instead just took a piece of your MP, otherwise I would’ve used them more, and I think there should’ve been more weapons lying around in places, but what’s here is fine.
    •The game looks great. As I said the open world is very pretty, but the same goes for character models, most animations, enemy design is usually quite good and there are some very cool looking creatures.
    •The archives (and pictures) are also really great. I love when games let you look at the models of every character and enemy and rotate them around. It’s kinda hilarious that you can’t rotate or zoom in with the women though. Also the actual descriptions are satisfyingly in depth even if they’re not that fun to read.
    •The voice acting is usually good but there are way too many moments of Noctis grunting for like a minute on end for my liking. It can get pretty grating.

Overall: An enjoyable mess. That’s the best sentence to describe it. I really enjoyed moments of it, and even by the end I wasn’t tired of the game, but it feels like it could’ve been a lot better. If they’d tidied up the story, made the combat less based on how good your stats are and more about how good you are, and fixed the awful side quests this game would’ve been great. But as it is it’s just pretty good.
  9. Nov 19, 2020
    I've heard A lot of Final Fantasy fans say this game is bad, but I've recently beaten Final Fantasy 7 and enjoyed this game more, probably because it's modern. This game is great for anyone trying to get into Final Fantasy though it's not the traditional Final Fantasy. I really enjoyed this game from beginning to end and sunk 15 hours into it on the first day of playing. The late part ofI've heard A lot of Final Fantasy fans say this game is bad, but I've recently beaten Final Fantasy 7 and enjoyed this game more, probably because it's modern. This game is great for anyone trying to get into Final Fantasy though it's not the traditional Final Fantasy. I really enjoyed this game from beginning to end and sunk 15 hours into it on the first day of playing. The late part of the story is pretty crazy lots of things happen. There's a lot more to it than you'd think there would be. Recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of RPGs and adventure games. Expand
  10. Nov 1, 2020
    This is objectively, in every respect but graphically, a very poor game.

So the good is the graphics are nice. The different environments are interesting. Which must be countered with, this is a terrible example of an open world. There's nothing interesting in it that isn't a part of the main story. Exploration leads to you finding enemies (which are everywhere) and will, fairly
    This is objectively, in every respect but graphically, a very poor game.

Which must be countered with, this is a terrible example of an open world. There's nothing interesting in it that isn't a part of the main story. Exploration leads to you finding enemies (which are everywhere) and will, fairly early in the game, be discouraged by dropping a large group of enemies on your head out of nowhere whenever you wander. Especially if you're doing a side quest. If you're lucky, you'll find an item or ore that you can sell. But you can run across huge chunks of land without finding anything of interest.

The animations are TERRIBLE, all over the place like they don't have any consideration for what the characters are saying. Facial expressions are pretty much non-existent.

But the graphics are nice. Most of the time.

Story: Lazy

This is a standard Christ trope that has so little done to make it unique it's really shameful. Unintentionally cheesy. Eyeroll central. The moral of the story is if you are born into slavery, you should shut up and be a good little slave and do what you're told. In this world, there are several characters who are born into their roles and tied to a dire fate. They will never escape these roles and never really try. Because their gods have decided that they no longer get to be people. They get to be tools. And they're supposed to appreciate what little joy they get and 'stop whining'.

He only beats you because he loves you, you know.

Characters: Mediocre

One thing this game gets praised for is its characterization. And some of that is deserved.

Noct has no facial expression. He's basically an automaton who's basically been bred to serve a purpose and not to be a person. If he dares to show human weakness, he's 'being a brat'. Or so the story would have you believe. There's no room for proper characterization in a Christ figure.

Prompto has an excellent backstory, but his characterization prior to finding out about his backstory is too inconsistent to pull it off.

Ignis is the mother figure. Which would be fine except, like most characters in this game, he's not a real character. He's a caricature. He's got no structure besides that character type.

Gladio is the father figure, and he's the perfect image of toxic masculinity. He's overly aggressive, derides emotion, is obsessed with muscles and thinks that's what you need to get a woman. Tries to tell everyone what to do and is INSANE about duty. Doesn't care about people. He cares about duty.

Don't get me started on the female characterization. Luna and Cindy are both terribly designed characters.

Pacing: The worst.

The story is all over the place while simultaneously feeling linear and pushy with that linearity. But the worst thing about it is the padding. They make a simple task convoluted in order to pad the gamplay time. You'll find this happens a lot, and is unavoidable.

Gameplay: Really, really, really (really-really) bad.

The combat is overly simplistic to the point where you're often not even playing a game. There's no strategy, and no challenge. Even the 'boss fights' basically have you pressing one button.

The only good things the combat did was make the dagger moveset interesting and the teamwork. Teamwork worked for this game specifically and wouldn't work as well for other games unless they followed the same model.

The magic in this game is largely pointless.

With melee being the only viable option for combat, you would think they'd have a wide selection of melee weapons. But they don't. There are some that can be upgraded, but you'll have to find the materials to upgrade them (in specific places, and later in the game than they should be) or follow a guide. And only a few that can be upgraded. With such a low variety, it makes the simplistic, boring, unchallenging combat necessary. Because you're extremely limited in your capabilities.

Tone: Maybe the worst thing about the entire game.

This game has a huuuuuge tonal problem.

From the story to the characters, the tone is inconsistent to the point that high emotion scenes fall flat. This is even present in the clunky animation with gestures that make no sense, stutter and shift. There is little tension where there should be tension, too much tension where there shouldn't be. The comraderie is there in minor bursts and then completely absent in places it should be present

TL;DR: bad game, poor story, terrible execution. Occasionally lucks out and does something right. That's why it's a 4 star and not a 0.
  11. Sep 18, 2020
    if it wasn't in development hell it woul've banged

Story: 5
    Gameplay: 4
    ost: 7
    Characters: 9
  12. Aug 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Upon completion of Final Fantasy XIII, I was left with a bad taste. I felt somewhat empty. I thought back on my time with the game, and it's characters. I reflected on the journey we'd taken and whilst I have to say there were some memorable moments, nothing stood out.

Because of this, it would be over 10 years before I would play another Final Fantasy. As a die-hard fan of the series, I never thought this would happen, but after the series thirteenth instalment, I just didn't feel like playing yet another Final Fantasy. I purchased them all, from XIII-2 through to the remaster of Final Fantasy VIII, but never played them.

With the release of Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition on Xbox Game Pass, I decided that it was time to give the franchise another go. I mean, with the remake of Final Fantasy VII out so soon, there's no better time right? That was a little under two weeks ago and have just now completed the story, and over 100 side quests, I can safely say that I'm back and eagerly await what both VII and XVI have to offer.

Final Fantasy XV grips you from it's opening cinematic, which left me wanting to know exactly what was in-store for Crown Prince Noctis and his band of merry men, a group of characters who if seen out of context, you'd be forgiven for thinking they were boy-band rejects.

This, however, didn't stop me getting distracted by some, okay A LOT, of the games side-quests. They can be repetitive, as there seem to be only a few different formats. It's either, go fight these beasties and return or go get this from here and come back. They are glorified fetch quests if I'm brutally honest, but that didn't stop me getting hopelessly addicted. Each play session usually ended with me handing in "one more quest".

Getting back to the main quest however, Final Fantasy XV tells a tale of loss, of friendship, and love. It's truly entertaining and keeps you coming back for more. I wouldn't say the main story is very long, maybe 25 hours or so, but sprinkle in a generous handful of side-quests and you'll get your money's worth. Especially if that money was your monthly game pass subscription fee.

Whilst a lot can be said for the game's content and story, the same can't be said for it's audio. The music in Final Fantasy XV isn't bad by any means, though if I had to describe it in a word, I would have to say it's simply forgettable. The voice-overs, however, are another thing entirely.

I can speak only for the English voice cast but it is sublime, not a bad performance in the bunch. Standout performances from Ray Chase as Noctis, Robbie Daymond as Prompto and the always-on point Matt Mercer as Cor, the unofficial fifth member of the group. I feel like I could listen to them talk all day, except for Prompto's humming of classic and not-so-classic Final Fantasy themes. All in all, I can't remember the last time a voice cast just felt so right.

Final Fantasy XV does a lot of things right, and a few things wrong, but there is one thing that is damn near perfect in Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV is stunning to look at, no matter what it's being played on. For a game that came out back in 2016, it looks just about as good as any game being released today.

Playing it on a base PS4 or Xbox One S, you'd be hard-pressed thinking it could look any better, that is until you give it a go on a One X or PS4 Pro. I spent the first 10-15 hours of my time with Final Fantasy XV playing on an Xbox One X, in awe of the visuals before I realised it got even better. If you haven't experienced the game on PC, at the Ultra quality preset, on a 1440p High Refresh Rate Ultra-wide Monitor, then you haven't experienced it at all.

The hairs on the character's heads, the details in the terrain, the scales or fur on the wildlife are all crystal clear. The animations are all buttery smooth at the 120FPS cap and the additional field of view only adds to the immersion. This is one case where seeing truly is believing, and if you can see it then I recommend it. Even if you have to visit a mate's place to do so, as you'll need a pretty beefy system to run the game on it's highest settings, I encourage you to make the trip.

Final Fantasy XV was a journey filled with a lot of ups, but also a few downs. After spending what must be close to 80hrs with Noctis and his Comrades I can safely say that I am once again in love with the franchise. Whilst I think revisiting XIII with rejuvenated eyes is a bit much, I'm very much looking forward to the remake of Final Fantasy VII and trying those that I've skipped.
  13. Aug 7, 2020
    FFXV is a spectacular mess of an RPG. The game's troubled development becomes glaringly obvious as you find things to both love dearly and other things to utterly despise.

The braindead combat and horrendous magic system are bolstered by flashiness and a spectacular battle soundtrack. Your party members are fun and lovable, aside from the bland emo Noctis and Gladio the overly

Your party members are fun and lovable, aside from the bland emo Noctis and Gladio the overly antagonistic jock.

The game features plenty of side quests and treasure hunts in the open world to help you level up on the fly, even if 95% of them are the same boring fetch quests you'd find padding out a lazy MMO and the treasures are almost always just consumables you can buy for pennies.

The game's world looks great, which is disheartening since the art style is so bland and features barely any fantasy elements.

There are SPARKS of a masterpiece JRPG in this game, but these sparks are bogged down by the mediocre features likely scraped together from the game's troubled development.
  14. Aug 4, 2020
    O jogo é íncrivel, porém comparando aos outros FF este parece ser o mais méh de todos
  15. Jul 19, 2020
    story: a lot of important stuff happens off-screen and you only have access by watching the movie, the anime and playing the dlcs. the story still manages to convey emotion even with a hurried ending.

gameplay: little variation in combat and strategy, you can switch weapons but just keep the same button pressed, the same thing to dodge, which means that enemies and bosses are just sponges of hp and damage.

art: the game has a more realistic style but the scenarios don't stand out too much, the design of the characters is beautiful but the monsters are uninspired.

music: the best part, probably the best soundtrack of the franchise.
  16. May 21, 2020
    Story is very good and the open world interessting to explore.
    negativ: the xbox one version so so bad programmed, it feels like yo play with 20 fps
  17. May 9, 2020
    Great game, great chemistry between the brotherhood, the story is fine, issues with specific characters and bugs here and there, recommend the Royal or Windows edition.
  18. May 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was splendidly surprised by this game. I must say it’s my first time playing a Final Fantasy game (I know that’s heretical to say) however I enjoyed my time with the game as the world was interesting to explore. I know there was an accompanying anime that came out with the game, however I did not watch it and was still able to follow the story without much trouble. The story does have some “Holy **** moments that were exciting to play. The Boss fights are definitely the highlight of the game as well as the characters that accompany you. However the endgame is the most problematic part of the game. The 3rd act is marred by tedious and bland dungeons that slow the momentum of the game down. However this game is not for everyone as the JRPG mechanics are sometimes difficult to learn. However I look back fondly at this game which took me roughly 25 hours to complete. I know this game went through development he’ll but I think Square Enix got more things right with this game than they did wrong. Expand
  19. Apr 25, 2020
    Its a great final fantasy game bu it could be better if they used the potential from this game.
  20. Apr 9, 2020
    I've tried to like this game, but I just gave up today. The first time I've played it was back in it's release year, then last year, and finally, now. First, the story is kinda weak, it should work alone, aside from the movie and anime, but if you haven't watched them, then is really hard to stay conected with the story line and characters. Second, the game play is boring, at a firstI've tried to like this game, but I just gave up today. The first time I've played it was back in it's release year, then last year, and finally, now. First, the story is kinda weak, it should work alone, aside from the movie and anime, but if you haven't watched them, then is really hard to stay conected with the story line and characters. Second, the game play is boring, at a first glance, it seems that we have an entire open world full of life to explore, but a few minutes of gameplay is enough to see that this hugeness is an illusion, in reality, the world is poor in variety, deepness and things to do, and it seems that the developers just put them there to make the game last longer, to increase it's lenght.
    Third, the combat system is bad. I like hack and slash combats, but what they did here is far from good, it's not palatable when you are used to play games like DMC.
    It's really a shame, this game took ten years to be released, they had time enough to make something better.
    I bet that Lost Soul Aside, game in development by a single person, will be more catching than FFXV.
    After years trying to play and like this game, today is the day that I finally give up.
    Final Fantasy VI is still my number one!
  21. Feb 29, 2020
    The Best BlockBuster Gamer that I've played!.
    Graphics: 10/10. Art/Design/: 10/10. Music/Soundtrack: 10/10. Gameplay: 10/10. Story: 10/10 Interface: 10/10 World: 10/10;
    Cutscenes: 10/10.
    On Xbox One Fat and S, the game runs at 30 fps and 900x1600 pixels.
  22. Dec 15, 2019
    Le nouveau Final Fientasy est arrivé ! mais pas comme le Beaujolais nouveau, plutôt comme la mauvaise herbe qui revient et repousse sans cesse... Pourtant, c'est un monde ouvert (au moins pendant grosso merdo les deux tiers du jeu) un monde immense et incontestablement très beau dont le mode 4K amélioré est à privilégier : un 4K/30 très stable, fin et détaillé (le mode "fluide" ne tientLe nouveau Final Fientasy est arrivé ! mais pas comme le Beaujolais nouveau, plutôt comme la mauvaise herbe qui revient et repousse sans cesse... Pourtant, c'est un monde ouvert (au moins pendant grosso merdo les deux tiers du jeu) un monde immense et incontestablement très beau dont le mode 4K amélioré est à privilégier : un 4K/30 très stable, fin et détaillé (le mode "fluide" ne tient pas la route pour sa part, hélas).

Pourtant, pour la première fois, on a droit à une VF intégrale avec d'excellentes voix : ça fait tout bizarre de les entendre jacter dans la langue de Molière mais on apprécie grandement ! Pourtant, l'ensemble est moins niais que d'habitude mais encore bien maladroit en de nombreux endroits... pitoyablement pleurnichards (on en rigole presque !).

L'espèce d'histoire à la godille est complètement conne, reste fixée sur ses rails et surtout souvent incohérente ("Ardyn" ce méchant qui se fout de notre gueule pendant tout le jeu par exemple, lui le poseur goguenard sapé comme un clochard). Les combats... sont nuls à chier en raison d'un système alambiqué, ni stratégique malgré la pause, ni maniable ni convaincant en temps réel. La confusion y règne de toute façon en permanence avec tous les effets multi-colores surajoutés qui rendent les actions (et l'action elle-même) illisible(s).

La musique est nulle à chier elle aussi, tellement nulle à chier et mièvre qu'on ne la refilerait même pas à un ascenseur (il pourrait porter plainte). Si le monde est grand, il est bourré de quêtes Fedex à en dégueuler partout : voir ça de nos jours, c'est particulièrement affligeant !

Plus on se rapproche de la "fin", plus le jeu balance des hordes de monstres à n'en plus pouvoir et avec ces combats merdiques, ça devient une purge abominable... Putain, on se croirait dans un sale MMO de merde à essayer de pas choper l'aggro systématiquement, bonjour les dégâts ! et j'allais oublier le pire : les sales QTE de merde... y en a presque partout lors des combats et pendant de nombreuses séquences plus scriptées qu'un Call of kevin...

Pourtant, le personnage principal est moins concon que d'habitude et parfois plus ou moins crédible mais rien n'y fait, les travers coutumiers de la "série" reprennent le dessus : les Final Fientasy restent les fientes du jeu vidéo, d'épisode en épisode : c'est désolant mais c'est comme ça...
  23. Dec 6, 2019
    I completed game in more than 180 h and must say that time wasn't wasted. I like combat system here, quests, hunts, graphics and interactions between characters. Nice after-game game, good car, generally speaking there are not many things to dislike about FF XV. But the game is not perfect unfortunately. Main drawbacks are story and repeatable content. All dungeons are the same. AndI completed game in more than 180 h and must say that time wasn't wasted. I like combat system here, quests, hunts, graphics and interactions between characters. Nice after-game game, good car, generally speaking there are not many things to dislike about FF XV. But the game is not perfect unfortunately. Main drawbacks are story and repeatable content. All dungeons are the same. And longest ones I was splitting into three days to not get totally bored. There is lots of backtracking, which makes game longer than it should be, but after reaching "empire" part of story I wanted even that backtracking back. Who made the main plot here? Expand
  24. Nov 9, 2019
    Decepcinoado totalmente. Una saga a la que le he dedicado años jugando más de 10 entregas y siento que esta última es la peor. Parece una despedida de solteros adolescente mal planificada. Solo jugar con 4 personajes, sin sumones, sin momentos memorables, la gráfica y música es de lujo, pero eso nada más. Me aburrió.
  25. Aug 26, 2019
    Update: They did finally fix the graphics on XBOX ONE X and the game is now in the state that it should have been at launch. Changing my review from 5 to 10.

Incredible game but optimized horribly for the XBOX ONE platform. The game should look much better than this and even the developers have come out and admitted it. I would give this game a 9 or higher if it wasn't for the fact it looks terrible on XBOX ONE for no good reason.
    The XBOX ONE has already proven it is more than capable of beautiful open world environments so this is completely inexcusable. Even more inexcusable is that they don't plan to fix the graphical problems till next year (early 2017).
  26. Jul 3, 2019
    The latest fantasy game 15 game leader offers diverse ideas with an epic story and shocking events you must buy from now
  27. Jun 22, 2019
    It's an amazing game. You get involved into the story arc and the gameplay is very fluid. Specially the RT+Y movement from Noctis, the main protagonist.
  28. Jan 20, 2019
    Mediocre action gameplay, incoherent story, lack of customization and party control. Poor/low character development. Feels like different IP with FF cameos. ie not really FF at all in gameplay and has poor story telling. Only positive is graphics & music..
  29. Nov 6, 2018
    A refresh to the final series, travel in car is boring (i really hate) but gameplay, difficulty, story is great
  30. Oct 26, 2018
    This is the first Final Fantasy game that I've finished and i loved it. I can't really rate it as a Final Fantasy game for said reason, but as a RPG it is fantastic. Playing it was an experience that I will never forget. Absolutely a masterpiece.
  31. Sep 27, 2018
    Minha primeira experiência de Final Fantasy, como Xbox Guy, nunca joguei os anteriores.
    Sabendo disso, essa é uma "análise" de um casual na franquia.
    O mundo é extremamente imersivo e diferenciado, ao chegar ao fim da jornada e ver as fotografias percebi o quão variado são os cenários e como aquele mundo é incrível. -Mas nem tudo é perfeito, Dirigir é uma droga - paradas muito
    Sabendo disso, essa é uma "análise" de um casual na franquia.

-Mas nem tudo é perfeito, Dirigir é uma droga - paradas muito lentas e aleatórias, dirigibilidade limitada e quase automática (embora os diálogos durante as longas viagens sejam bons)

-Ângulos de câmera são ruins (perto demais, o que significa que você se perde um pouco na ação, principalmente em florestas e corredores)

-Gráficos no Xbox One são ruins, cabelos são serrilhados, isso se da pela baixa resolução durante o gameplay, o mesmo não acontece se você colocar no modo foto, onde tem uma resolução de 900P. texturas do mundo aberto são muito ruins, borradas e tem um draw distance muito próxima.

-Na reta final do game, tudo fica linear, e isso me incomodou bastante, já que o jogo estava começando a ficar difícil a cada nova missão e eu não havia feito side quests suficientes para upar, e não tinha como explorar o mundo aberto, pois o jogo te limitava, durante as ultimas 3 missões, tudo ficou chato de jogar, principalmente a missão ""Stealth"" que eles tentaram forçar, aquilo foi uma das piores e mais longas sessões de torturas que eu tive, me faz pensar que eu nunca mais quero zerar esse jogo novamente.

-Embora seja um mundo aberto, não possui nada de aberto, paredes invisíveis por todo lado, limitação durante a dirigibilidade no carro, Dungeons extremamente limitadas e lineares, fora o fato de a todo momento, o jogo limitar onde você pode explorar, nunca você está livre de fato.

Em relação ao gameplay eu achei incrível, eles trouxeram o melhor do Action com elementos de RPG de turnos(Com as poções e gerenciamento da sua equipe), você tem um digno Sword fight e estratégia, ficou perfeito.

-Embora o jogo não seja tão bonito nas versões bases do Xbox one, ainda tem seu charme, já que a direção de arte do jogo é incrível e muito bela.

-Depois de tudo que eu disse, oque parece é que eu odiei o jogo, quando na realidade eu tenho a dizer que ele foi uma das melhores experiências que eu tive durante um grande período de tempo com tantas decepções, todos esses pontos negativos não tiram o brilho de Final Fantasy XV.

Foi uma grata surpresa, não esperava que iria gostar tanto, História incrível, jogabilidade impressionante e Cenários muito bem construídos. A missão final é provavelmente um dos melhores que eu já vi, conseguiram o ponto certo entre momentos, soundtrack, plots e boss fight, personagens são adoráveis e as lutas são muito satisfatórias...Tirando o leviatã, esse boss é uma vergonha...

Menção ao momento que Noctis acorda, a noite, sozinho, o mundo está devastado e dominado por demônios, temos que andar por 3KM até a área segura, mas para isso temos que enfrentar inimigos muito mais poderosos que nós, assim nos forçando a fugir, a sensação de medo que os desenvolvedores trouxeram naquele momento foi de um brilhantismo acima da média, ao andar mais ou menos 1KM, quase morrendo, sem esperança de conseguir chegar e sem poções, vemos uma luz na estrada noturna, um carro vindo em nossa direção...Sim, isso foi um momento Scripitado e pensado desde o começo, mas foi genial, eles trouxerem esse evento de uma forma inesperada, fazendo com que o medo que eu estava sentindo fosse embora...
    Isso foi uma master piece.
  32. Sep 4, 2018
    Well, how to begin. This is the worst Final Fantasy I've ever played. There is no story to speak of (it even has wholes and is just illogical), there are no characters to speak of (if they would all die, it wouldn't make a difference, normally you should more ore less care about the characters in a Final Fantasy game), one character especially was oversexualized just … well I really don'tWell, how to begin. This is the worst Final Fantasy I've ever played. There is no story to speak of (it even has wholes and is just illogical), there are no characters to speak of (if they would all die, it wouldn't make a difference, normally you should more ore less care about the characters in a Final Fantasy game), one character especially was oversexualized just … well I really don't know why, Cid looks like she does just to make some men happy. The comments in the game repeat like hell ("The weather …") which is really annoying. The gameplay is just action oriented and no longer kind of round-based like in the older games.
    I really don't know how they heck I beat some of those enemies, it was just button-smashing until I won.
    SqureEnix just totally killed the franchise with this game.
  33. Aug 12, 2018
    1 out of 5.
    1 out of 5.
    The Final Fantasy series has been beloved to me, but it’s last pair of non-MMO offerings are deeply concerning. Final Fantasy Verses XIII went into development hell and came out as Final Fantasy XV, a pile of hot garbage that’s at least pretty to look at. Combat is just not fun and takes some getting use to. The story gets the job done, but I’ve long since stopped caring and moved on to better games more qualified of my time. Worst game in franchise history,
  34. Jun 6, 2018
    No es para gente con poco tiempo
    Si tienes un par de horas para jugar al dia, como mucho, es un juego que necesita su tiempo, y algo que me hizo dejarlo aparcado es el no poder guardar partida en los momentos que quisiera, no confundir dificultad o reto, no no dejar guardar cuando quieras.
    Puntos positivos: -Historia, 4 amigos en problemas que solo se tienen entre ellos -Banda
    No es para gente con poco tiempo

Puntos positivos:
    -Historia, 4 amigos en problemas que solo se tienen entre ellos
    -Banda sonora, música que te mete en la acción y es fiel con lo que muestra en pantalla

Puntos negativos
    -Técnicamente tiene muchos problemas que no son propios de un juego con este nombre
    -Animaciones flojas en muchos momentos.
  35. Apr 7, 2018
    Unfinished Story
    Cut Story elements later sold as DLC
    Bad Battle-system
    Game is worse then FFXIII and that means somethin
  36. Jan 10, 2018
    9.3/10

9.3/10

XBOX ONE X VERSION: A great character's driven game with a strong plot and awesome gameplay. The performance of FFXV on the XB1X is great. I love the new direction that the dev went in. If you have an XB1X you should definitely buy this game. It looks so much different from the original XB1 version. It almost feels like an entirely different game. I think playing it with the improved performance helped this game out a lot.

I did find a few framerate drops during some of the battle scenes. It might be noticeable for some players.
  37. Dec 27, 2017
    Really disappointed in this game. I"m a huge FF fan and was so excited for this title. Unfortunately my high expectations were thoroughly dashed, to the point where I sold it back to Gamestop, which I never do, purely because I couldn't stand to have it in my house.

Things I always enjoyed in Final Fantasy games: - Huge, rich, open worlds full of secrets and mysteries - Inventive

Things I always enjoyed in Final Fantasy games:
    - Huge, rich, open worlds full of secrets and mysteries
    - Inventive and deep variety of gear, weapons, magic, and summons
    - A cast of characters that work well together with some strategy and forethought
    - Enemies that a well-integrated use of all the above to defeat
    - Powerful and rare items that you really have to quest hard for
    - A story that is Japanese-weird, but at least happens to you and looks pretty darn epic.

FFXV apparently thought that all of those were tiresome and did away with them, to be replaced with:
    - Huge, relatively empty worlds with a few random monster encounters
    - Getting the best gear in the first couple hours of the game, with little incentive to use anything else (you seriously get the Ultima Blade in Chapter 3)
    - Magic variety cut by 80%, and what's left is more likely to kill you and your team than be of any help
    - Summons only happen in specific fights, take a button press, and you have no input or control
    - Why use strategy when you can just button-mash your way to victory? It's not like the (at best) confusing mess on screen gives you time to do anything else.
    - You can find some gear on side-quests, but only to be a completionist because you already got everything you actually use when you were noob-level.
    - Plot development happens to other people hundreds of miles away when it happens at all. If you really want to understand what's happening you (I'm serious) need to rent their movie, read the comic books, and buy the DLCs.

FFXV throws out everything that made Final Fantasy special and unique, and replaced it with a J-Pop boy-band on a road-trip through a story happening to other people. It aims to answer the question, "What if One Direction played a kid-friendly version of Dark Souls on easy mode?"

I will admit that the game looks beautiful, and maybe if they hadn't branded it a FF game I would have been OK with it. Literally the only clue you have that it's supposed to be a FF game is the presence of Chocobo's, so this would have been pretty easy to do.
    '
  38. Nov 30, 2017
    I got this game last Christmas, poured 12 hours into it before deciding it was boring! The graphics were incredible, the characters like able and the creatures magnificent but the gameplay just isn’t fun. If I’ve learnt anything from my time spent with Overwatch, Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 its that the heart and soul of the game is playing it and having fun.
  39. Nov 11, 2017
    Good game in my opinion but it could have been great. The fact that magic is more like items that you craft instead of giving us MP based spells just seems lazy and the way you can only use summons when the prompt is given randomly seems even lazier to me. Kingdom Hearts games are much older yet they still manage to give us a variety of MP based spells and available non randomized summonsGood game in my opinion but it could have been great. The fact that magic is more like items that you craft instead of giving us MP based spells just seems lazy and the way you can only use summons when the prompt is given randomly seems even lazier to me. Kingdom Hearts games are much older yet they still manage to give us a variety of MP based spells and available non randomized summons while still managing to keep the game balanced. The game is very bros on a road trip vibe though Expand
  40. Oct 27, 2017
    En mi experiencia con los final Fantasy a traves de la historia y con todo lo que eso implica debo decir que se ha tratado injustamente este titulo.
    Aunque también lo jugue en su versión de PS4 si puedo decir que la experiencia fue mas satisfactoria en el XBOX ONE y esta opinión es mas subjetiva ya que el control y la consola en si es mas de mi agrado.
    Pero en cuanto al título se

Pero en cuanto al título se refiere gráficamente es muy bueno, las mecanicas de juego son algo enredosas pero con práctica muy cómodas a la hora de jugar.
    Buenos desafíos y jefes decentes. La unica pega aqui es que muy frustrante el hecho de que no te permitan conducir el Regalia a libertad y el hecho que mas parece una banda de coreanos fancys de vacaciones que unos "heroes" preocupados por su destino.

Si buscas un juego para entretenerte sin pensar tanto en la trama es un buen juego el cual disfrutaras.
  41. Sep 20, 2017
    Take Noctis and the bros through an adventure to reclaim the thrown. I've played a couple Final Fantasies before and came away feeling this was an ok adventure. I only had to grind once before the last chapter and did only a handful of side quests.

Pros: - Cool visuals and areas - I liked the bros overall - The combat system worked but I didn't really need to do much to get through

Pros:
    - Cool visuals and areas
    - I liked the bros overall
    - The combat system worked but I didn't really need to do much to get through the game in thinking too hard about each battle
    - A couple cool bosses and creatures overall

Cons:
    - The big bad though his background story was cool was sort of boring (I couldn't figure out why he helped the bros)
    - Like I said combat was cool in theory but I never felt good at it yet kept advancing fine
    - The awesome looking boat area I couldn't figure out how to get around for 10 mins was frustrating
  42. Sep 4, 2017
    Don't believe all the paid critic reviews out there. This is the most overrated, overhyped, critic-paid-reviewed game I've ever played. The problem with this game is that it's not very fun. The combat system is boring. The menu system is a disorganized unintuitive mess. The open world premise of this game is a marketing a lie, the story and progression are very linear. The characters areDon't believe all the paid critic reviews out there. This is the most overrated, overhyped, critic-paid-reviewed game I've ever played. The problem with this game is that it's not very fun. The combat system is boring. The menu system is a disorganized unintuitive mess. The open world premise of this game is a marketing a lie, the story and progression are very linear. The characters are unrelatable and soulless. What is there to like about this game, exactly? I bought this game on launch for $60 and I gave it an honest try, I forced myself to play it for 3-4 hours, but I just couldn't get into it. It's dull, lifeless, not very fun. I deleted it from my Xbox's hard drive since it's literally a waste of space, now the disc is collecting dust on the shelf. Expand
  43. Jul 21, 2017
    10 years in the making. Perhaps the biggest disappointment of my life. At least it only took 9 months to make my son. . .
  44. Jul 21, 2017
    10 long years I waited for this. What are the paid shills who write the 7-10 score reviews saying?

- "A Beautiful Open World" - that you can't even explore openly because of invisible barriers. While some parts are nice (the parts shown in the trailer) most of the world feels barren and empty as if it hasn't seen any attention from the developers. The cities are lifeless and there is absolutely no sense of exploration, any secret area you find usually contains nothing more than a crafting material. Even the need to talk to a NPC merchat is alleviated by allowing you to shop from your car.

- "easy to learn and fun combat mechanics " - yeah its pretty easy to hold a button down to Auto Attack and a button down to dodge. Its especially easy to learn when you its pretty much impossible for you to die - when you "go down" you simply limp about with your MAX HP draining until another party member can bring you back to your feet. Phoenix Down's are also so plentiful that even when my entire party was wiped out "Downed" Noctis was able to throw a Phoenix Down and we are back in business holding Auto Attack and Dodge - SO FUN.

- "a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons" - This i don't get. Its fake depth, with the exception of a few , most weapons are re-skinned melee weapons , the game is essentially a Hack-n-Slash. Magic has been dumbed down to 3 basic elements that can be infused to give bonus effects. (not to mention you have to gather materials to craft the spell) Even the summons have been dumbed down to a RNG chance of occurring.

- "So many side quests you can't hardly focus on the main story (a pro, not a con) and that don't feel at all repetitive" - NOT REPETITIVE? Every single side quest in this game is a shallow attempt at adding depth to a lifeless game. --- Talk to unimportant irrelevant NPC with no memorable quotes or background, go to Point A. Return to NPC. Receive Item. Every "side-quest" has this structure. Think Preston Garvey in FO4.

- "challenging hunts" - the only challenging thing about the hunts in this game is finding the willpower to continue playing the game long enough to reach the interesting hunts.

i'm not going to comment on the story because I personally couldn't find the strength to finish it (stopped at Chapter 11)

People who claim that the bad reviews are from Turn based purists or whatever need to have a serious think about what this game does right. No sense of exploration, simplified and dumbed down RPG mechanics, shallow lifeless world and characters, and don't even get me started on that horrible car.

If you want a real JRPG/RPG don't look to Final Fantasy XV. Its a glorified Hack n slash
  45. Jul 12, 2017
    Hay pocas sagas de las que realmente me considero un fan, Final Fantasy es una de ellas. Y como fan me encuentro contento por esta entrega, pues da esperanza en una saga a la que su decimotercera entrega hizo mucho mal.

Primero iré con lo negativo: el contenido fuera de la historia principal es sumamente repetitivo e infla la duracion total del juego sin agregar mucho mas al mismo. La narrativa del juego esta mal, se nota un guion que cambio mucho antes de su versión final, y sinceramente la historia es muy buena, pero está muy mal contada. Lo peor del juego es esto sin duda. Tambien los tiempos de carga son algo incomodos, pero por suerte son escazos. Sufrí unos tres crasheos serios, en los cuales el juego dejó de funcionar.

Graficamente el juego es impecable, rara vez sufrí bajones de frames. El arte es maravilloso, sobre todo a campo abierto: la entrada a Altissia es un momento increible tanto técnica, como artísticamente. El diseño de monstruos y personajes está a la altura de la saga.

La historia es bella, mas allá de que esté mal contada se entiende y al menos a mí me encanto. Tiene un montón de emociones metidas y el final es memorable. Pero lo que en mi opinion hace tan grande a esta entrega es el cariño que se desarrolla hacia los protagonistas por la convivencia con ellos. La importancia de lo cotidiano y de las interacciones con ellos durante esos momentos.

Como fan estot feliz porque esta entrega estuvo cerca del nivel de grandes entregas de esta franquicia. Si te gusta Final Fantasy debes probarlo, si no conoces la saga hay mejores con los cuales iniciarte. Lo importante es que esta entrega me hace estar optimista hacia el futuro de la saga.
  46. May 30, 2017
    Final Fantasy XV is a great addition to the series. As advertised it is a game that has a little for the old fans and new fans alike.

There are several Pros to this game: the game world, story line, character development and combat system. The world is huge, and for the most part is non-linear and fully explorable. This does change towards the end, but still allows you to explore a little during camping times. The story line is classic Final Fantasy, with lots of twists and turns. The character development is great especially between Noctis's group of friends. Although the combat system is different from any other Final Fantasy, it is refreshing and allows you some interesting strategies.

Some of the Cons to this game are: long load times, redundant missions, long travel times, and limited control of entire party. At times loading between areas can take several minutes. There were periods when I would go to the bathroom, do some chores and come back to the game still loading. Although there are tons of mission, they can feel repetitive. For example, you will get multiple missions where you are asked to go to a location, find an item, and then return it to the quest giver. The problem with long travel times, isn't a big problem as you can fast travel, but you potentially miss out on bonus AP. While playing the game the only character you are truly in control of is Noctis. Everyone else is controlled by the AI, except in cases where skills are used.

In all, I thought of this game as very good and enjoy thoroughly playing it. It seems like there is huge support for the game and constant development. Surveys are taken regularly asking players what new additions they want to see in the next update. Also there are also DLCs being made where you get to go on adventures with some of the non-playable characters. I would recommend this game to any lovers of RPGs and especially Final Fantasy's.
  47. May 19, 2017
    Good game - really enjoyed it. The main characters are the biggest plus for this game and there is an emotional attachment to how they progress to the end,

The story was not as strong as FF& - but will any FF ever be?

Overall I enjoyed it and one of the only games I can remember where I have continued to play the sidequests once I've completed the main story line.
  48. Apr 12, 2017
    The game is beautiful to look at and the monster animations are impressive but it's all just a pretty painting to stare at. For an open world game there is little to no interaction with the gorgeous world you're inhabiting. The camera system during battles is terrible and you can't control what your team is doing. Mostly I just found myself holding the B button since warp-strike controlsThe game is beautiful to look at and the monster animations are impressive but it's all just a pretty painting to stare at. For an open world game there is little to no interaction with the gorgeous world you're inhabiting. The camera system during battles is terrible and you can't control what your team is doing. Mostly I just found myself holding the B button since warp-strike controls miss most of the time and you're pushed away from the battle while your buddies are randomly beating the bad guys. My 8 year old can see this game is terrible and would rather play Fallout 3. Recently got Breath of the Wild and wow what a difference good game design makes. Expand
  49. Apr 9, 2017
    A good rpg, but in my opinion not a good final fantasy game, story all over the place and even after completing it I have no desire to play through again, lost its way with the weird horror part towards the end that felt very out of place, biggest issues for me were the combat, way to easy and simplistic, the use of magic sucked big time and the worst was being unable to summon at will! IA good rpg, but in my opinion not a good final fantasy game, story all over the place and even after completing it I have no desire to play through again, lost its way with the weird horror part towards the end that felt very out of place, biggest issues for me were the combat, way to easy and simplistic, the use of magic sucked big time and the worst was being unable to summon at will! I did enjoy it just nowhere near as much as I hoped, much better than 13 though so it's heading in the right direction Expand
  50. Apr 8, 2017
    In January I gave this game a 4/10 for some things but after looking at the positive reviews of the User Score I see that people need to think better of why this game is the Biggest disappointment in Final Fantasy History

Gameplay/Combat: The gameplay of FFXV has become more watered down (and its crazy these are the guys who did the gameplay combat for KH1 and 2) having to only press square or hold to dodge and block and Circle to attack and X to warp strike is fun at first but then doing it over and over again is quite boring especially when the game packs you with Healing items a lot also the enemies mainly stand there and attack randomly also it lack indepth and strategy compared to older FF's 90% of the time even bosses sure there are different weapons you can use in combat but very few are situational. Having team mates to help you is quite random sometimes they help and sometimes they don't , but in our Experience they die 98% of the time MAINLY against bosses with either higher level or lower level (and also to mention that the leveling system is unbalanced with low level enemies can still wreck you at a ton of damage even at LV 99 which is not good balancing) MP or Magic is not what it used to be MP is replaced with your warp strike which is exploitable (you can get up to 200mp Warp strike uses 5-10mp than any other ARPG there are 3 Magic Fire, Lightning, and Ice which are not very good crafting them is such a grind and there are barley any enemies that are weak to magic just use weapons with the magic element previous titles had an expanded amount of magic overall magic is pretty poor even you're team abilities are better and not having to control you're party member until DLC is a painful attempt to expand their game season pass is 30$ it almost feels like SFV again. Oh and did I mention that 4 Summons are a HUGE letdown you can't summon them if you want just wait during battle or be downed.
    Story/Characters: The story of Final Fantasy 15 is the shortest and weakest up to date continuing the downside of FF13 it suffers a Kingdom Hearts Syndrome where you are force to watch the Anime brotherhood and the movie Kingslieve in order to know what's going on like in KH you have to play all the spinoffs to tie the story of KH together. Luna is a wasted character you don't meet her until the last minute by that time she dies you don't get to learn Both her and Noctis relationships nor there past with each other which was a huge letdown, Characters drop off the Map until paid DLC 0_0 Final boss a huge disappointment I don't buy Ayrden or whoever being the final boss because he has little to no backstory. The characters are likeable at first but you can easily tell that they try too hard for you to get attached to the 4 men Noctis,Promto,Ignis,and Galdius where they have little to no back story of how they meet each other (It was never seen in brotherhood) nor did they grew as the story progress PLZ Tales of Berseria (though I wasn't super hyped and had good graphics) had a much better story and character development between Velvet and her party members about how they help her get revenge on Artorious and how Velvet and the others have to face the truths and betrayls and challenges in their hard lifes while still not giving up on each other they may not be Heroe's but it was still awesome that's the development FFXV is missing the Character Development is bland in here they act a bit EMO on the train cutscenes. The Story can be completed in less than 20 hours wow Square congrats.

Content: Usually RPG's would have unique content here in there but in FFXV case its not FFXV has nothing but fetch quest worst than Lightning returns at east in that game there was some fun and character development with side characters only here its basically go get some forgs meet the science lady again pick up some frogs meet her again then pick ups some more frogs ok that can't be too bad oh meet a guy and he tells you pick up some dog tags... :o ok get some repair kits to help people stuck on the road get potions to help injured people it gets repetitive over time. This is why I prefer the Yakuza series with its side content at least you can have fun make a laugh and have emotions to the people you help in the city better than go collect things just because... OPEN World is barren meaning there aren't much citys and the gas stations look pretty much the same and its mostly empty.

Final Verdict: Compared to FFIX that I played and liked before FFXV came out and the 192 users and counting praising this game and saying that this is a masterpiece and I am dumbfounded is how people gave this game GOTY 2016 they should do better research and look what Final Fantasy truly is and not be a fanboy I give FFXV a 3/10 with the cheap DLC packs in order to save this broken glitch mess of the game I think Tabata should learn better and so does the SE defense force you know who they are.
  51. Mar 23, 2017
    Characters 9/10. Story 7/10. Gameplay 8/10. Visuals 8/10. Musical Score 10/10.

Characters. I appreciated all the characters in this game and surprisingly even Prompto -- didn't find him annoying at all. Everyone had a pretty interesting visual design and even the generic npcs had some character. Story. Ok this lore had pretty good potential overall. Players would appreciate this more
    Characters 9/10. Story 7/10. Gameplay 8/10. Visuals 8/10. Musical Score 10/10.

Story. Ok this lore had pretty good potential overall. Players would appreciate this more if they have seen the movie kingsglaive or the brotherhood series. But why do they have to? SE should have made their cutscenes more informative rather than assuming the players have seen the movie and series. Many of the things you do along the main story barely make any sense although i gotta say that towards the end, it was pretty gripping. I felt the urgency and purpose of the characters and what they were trying to accomplish.

Gameplay. I oddly liked the gameplay more than not. Some of the strong points for me were exploration, ascension system, exp vs bonus system, dungeon design, landscape, and some of the graphics. I sorta liked the combat however it felt just a bit limited -- can't quite like the spellcrafting however i do understand what SE tried to do. The sidequests were lacklustered but necessary I guess. Hunts were fun at first but quickly became tedious and boring.

Visuals. While not perfect in-game, graphics were decent especially the "crucial" cutscenes. The gameplay graphics could sure have been polished but considering the massive open world they have to operate with, it's understandable.

Score. One of the best game scores I've ever heard. I liked 90% of the soundtrack. Kudos to Yoko Shimomura and the rest of the composing team for a magnificent soundtrack. Also props to whoever was in charge of song-game coordination -- the right songs were picked for the right moments ie. Somnus with lyrics, apocalypsis noctis, hellfire phase 3, etc.
  52. Mar 22, 2017
    10 de 10.
    Sinceramente me a encantado la historia es un poco corta pero si juegas todas las misiones segundarias es largisimo no se que mas decir asjkfdnskfakfgadfASADGAGAGsfaef
  53. Mar 6, 2017
    This game looks amazing and with a massive world to explore, it's going to take up a lot of your free time. I just found the game to be rather boring and the story didn't reel me in like previous entries in the series. Not the worst FF game to come out but not the best either.
  54. Feb 22, 2017
    I really loved this game, while it definitely got off to a slow start and i questioned if it was truly worthy of the FF title, by the end i was completely invested in the story and the characters. While it is obviously a departure of sorts from previous games i don't believe this is necessarily a bad thing. Several nods to previous games make the game even more enjoyable - prompto hummingI really loved this game, while it definitely got off to a slow start and i questioned if it was truly worthy of the FF title, by the end i was completely invested in the story and the characters. While it is obviously a departure of sorts from previous games i don't believe this is necessarily a bad thing. Several nods to previous games make the game even more enjoyable - prompto humming the victory theme was amazing. Expand
  55. Feb 21, 2017
    I originally rated this game a 4, but after returning to it for a second play thru I feel I was overly harsh. The game is more enjoyable once a better understanding of techniques, ascension, traveling, combat, magic, non-obvious content and travel is obtained. It's not my favorite game, but it does provide many hours of entertainment. Below is my original, all be it harsh review:

FF

FF XV was my introduction into the Final Fantasy series. I would say I have a love / hate relationship with the game, but I really don't love anything about it. The world is pleasing to look at and I played for over 100 hours so I did get some entertainment out of it.

I tend to love open world, role playing games. I would say this game is half that, and half a linear, incoherent separate story. I never grasped how the open world portion of the game related to the main story line. After completing the main story line, I researched it on the web to fill in some of the blanks only to find out I had completely failed to comprehend the story line ending. But with internet help I was able to unlock a time traveling dog and return to playing the open world game. Thanks for the help, someone.

The car / travel system gets bashed ad nausea, as it should. The amount of time wasted via driving / fast (slow) traveling to a point to allow fast (slow) travel to a different point was borderline comical. The car drives at a game clock speed of 1 mph and only holds about a pint of fuel.

Drive to location (wait). It's getting dark (whine). Fast travel to rest area (wait). Camp (wait). Fast travel to car (wait). Walk 1/4 mile to tomato. Pick up tomato. Fast travel to car (wait). Drive back to diner (wait). Run out of gas (wait longer). Give up tomato. A new recipe!

The combat system didn't do it for me either. The camera is bad to say the least. If my character out-leveled my enemies it worked best just to hold the attack button while ignoring the TV. Most efforts I made to dodge / think / control the action resulted in me performing worse. When fighting enemies that out-leveled me, the game became a button masher (attack, dodge, take another potion). I did like the visual appearance of most of the animal enemies though.

I didn't care for any of the main characters. The metro boy band look, shoes 9 sizes too large, trotting around like chimpanzees cutting in front of me, constant whining, standing around while I kill everything made me wish I could just go it alone. "its hot...its cold...i'm tired....i'm sticky and gross....camping again....can't you catch something bigger....talk about back seat fishing...whoo hoo, bath time!" Good god. I turned their voice volume off for a while, but then I could not hear anyone else who was so eloquently instructing me to fetch another tomato in Dukes of Hazard style southern drawl.

I found the end game dungeons to be a monotonous, repetitive drag as well. How can you have the same stair case enter the same room 100 times in a single mission?

Character leveling was sad. Fishing, cooking, photography and buying new boots? How does this fit with some apocalyptic story line going on in the background? I caught some world record fish though. My 300 pound grouper yielded one meal. The fishing would be greatly improved if there was some way to stifle the commentary. It becomes grating in a manner of seconds.

I was dumbfounded by the ascension tree for most of the game. I searched if for hours trying to find a way to kill Prompto. I had completed the main story before I comprehended creating simple spells as well. Maybe I am just slow in my old age.

Anyway those are my thoughts. Thanks to all the web support that helped me get through this game. I was stuck many times.
  56. Jan 26, 2017
    This game can only be described as a flawed masterpiece. The combat is phenomenal and exciting, with flashy combos and epic summons. You can link attacks with a member of your party to do massive damage, and you can tell a party member when to use their special attack. You can parry an enemy's attack which leads to some incredible animations. It all adds up to an exciting combat systemThis game can only be described as a flawed masterpiece. The combat is phenomenal and exciting, with flashy combos and epic summons. You can link attacks with a member of your party to do massive damage, and you can tell a party member when to use their special attack. You can parry an enemy's attack which leads to some incredible animations. It all adds up to an exciting combat system that is as fun as it is hectic. That is, when the camera can keep up at least.

If you aren't fighting in a large, open area with no trees or shrubs in the way, the camera will easily keep up with the action and the fight will progress without a hitch. But, in smaller areas, the camera simply can't keep up, causing major issues.

Dungeons are extremely repetitive and, honestly, are pretty awful. Every time I am forced to crawl through a dungeon I pray for it to end. Every two steps in a dungeon lead to a massive fight with daemons that's a pain to sit through, as the camera starts having an aneurysm and you're left to mash buttons, hoping that sooner or later the Cthulu-esque enemies will decide to drop dead already.

The story is also presented in a shockingly stilted fashion. I honestly did not know what the hell was going on, and I frankly don't really care, because what was there wasn't that great to begin with. The characters in your party are loveable and fleshed out, and you'll grow attached to them by the end. There are some incredible main story missions. Sometimes you'll be fighting skyscraper-sized gods, other times you'll be fighting against an entire army while destroying a base. These are some amazing standout moments. It's too bad that the other standout moments traipsing through an overly-long dungeon fighting the camera as much as the boring daemon's.

Most of the music you'll hear in the game is an absolute pain to listen to; it sounds like it was ripped from a royalty-free website. This is the music that you'll hear 90% of the time while you're talking to people in near-identical towns. The music that plays during battles is epic and well-made, which leaves a jarring divide in quality. The side missions are... well, they're easily the worst part of the game. I have never seen side missions as bad as these. I've said my piece about that.

To top it all off, the environmental graphics on Xbox One are poor. The character models for main characters look great, but you'll be staring at a world that looks like it was made out of melting butter for the entire game. Luckily, the framerate is absolutely rock-solid on the Xbox One, whereas the PS4 looks much better but has framerate issues. Personally, I'd rather have a game that runs well.

So, in conclusion, I've said a lot of bad things about this game. But I can't bring myself to give it anything less than a 7. The game is worth buying for its combat alone; it's addicting and amazing to look at. Even though the story is bad, the characters will win you over, and some main missions were frankly astounding to play through. I would recommend buying it, but you should know what you're getting into. If you were expecting a great story, look elsewhere.
  57. Jan 18, 2017
    CRITICAL REVIEW 3 PARTS: Story, Gameplay, execution.

CRITICAL REVIEW 3 PARTS: Story, Gameplay, execution.

Story: 100/10. My rating seems silly, however the story of this game will shred you to tears. The scenes are masterfully developed, and everything is portrayed with precision. There are many twists and surprises, and some will leave you speechless. The story is so good, I believe it could be a movie or play. It certainly beats Hollywood.
    The bond between these friends was so natural and relate-able that I felt connected to them.

Game-play: 7.5/10. There are some issues here. For example, traveling across the map takes time. It could be devious, however it is evident that they did this on purpose. It allows the player to feel just how human these characters are. And when they do have amazing feats, it is born from their extraordinary willpower.
    Another issue is that the player can not jump over objects smaller than the jump.... I wanted to jump off cliffs with chocobos and it's a no go.
    The fighting is better than any batman or assassin's creed game.
    The fighting chemistry between players is incredible and unseen.

Execution: 7/10
    The story missions from chapter 12-15 are short. You will finish the game without intending to. Do these missions extra slowly until they patch them up.
    There should have been an option to be able to go back to every story mission. This way, if you didn't save at the exact mission, you can never go back.

I gave this game a 10/10 because they tried something nobody had ever tried before. This game is fresh and new, and will be copied by many other upcoming games.
    The story was so rich it leaves Hollywood blockbusters to shame.
    The characters are masterfully developed and relate-able.

Final Fantasy xv had me crying the whole game through. It will always have a place in my heart.
  58. Jan 17, 2017
    FF15 is boring.

The combat is boring, you can just hold buttons, and the camera is mess so if you had fine tune control you wouldn't know what you'd be doing.

The storyline is boring. There's no hook at the start of the game and its endless driving to sandbox areas.

Its very sad FF15 game. It looks good but feels the UI dated.
  59. Jan 13, 2017
    This is a game where it has many many flaws. I would say that it is, at times, a total mess of a game. But I give it the score I did because I still love it. I love the characters, the plot, the combat and the open world. The storytelling could have been better and the side quest are mostly uninteresting, but I still really enjoyed it. If you're unsure about the game, maybe wait for aThis is a game where it has many many flaws. I would say that it is, at times, a total mess of a game. But I give it the score I did because I still love it. I love the characters, the plot, the combat and the open world. The storytelling could have been better and the side quest are mostly uninteresting, but I still really enjoyed it. If you're unsure about the game, maybe wait for a price drop and another patch to add a bit more content and fix some small glitches (the only one I encountered didn't allow me to finish a late game optional dungeon, which was really annoying.)

Overall, I would recommend the game, however some may be wise to wait another few months to see what new patches (both free and paid) add.
  60. Jan 11, 2017
    I can't help but feel disappointed after finishing this game. The story telling is pretty shameful to the point that you don't really know/care what is happening and the side missions are incredibly monotonous.

On the plus side the combat feels fresh and graphically the game is solid. There is so much potential in this game which just adds to the disappointment.
  61. Jan 9, 2017
    In truth I would give this game a 5.5, but I couldn't round up as this game, on the whole, is not worth a 6.

Bigger picture this is 2 completely separate games, with the first 1/2 being a semi-open world, with the traditional fetch quests and the 2nd half being a linear, brief, story-driven QTE-fest. The first part I enjoyed as an average adventure game (this game is only nominally

The first part I enjoyed as an average adventure game (this game is only nominally an RPG) and if you enjoy fetch quests (I do) and light exploration, this game wasn't bad. Combat can be fun, but is also very easy and can simply be holding down 1 button; you can approach it in different ways, but it is not necessary in any way.

The cons about this part of the game is that, even though the footprint is pretty small, it takes time to traverse the map because the travel options take forever; one imagines this was done to give the game a bigger feel. Travelling by car, while faster than foot and marginally faster than chocobo, is not quick (hides loading screens)..
    The world itself is very bare, not dynamic in the least and there are few reasons to explore. The world is covered with invisible barriers that mean you can only leave the road/ path if there is another linear path to follow. If you do travel about on foot, you will undoubtedly continue to encounter the same 2 people that are either hurt or their car has broken down...same assets, same encounters, time and again.
    From a story perspective, it's a mess; there is no context for the characters introduced and no way to know what is going on in the few instances where story is introduced.
    As always with the Japanese devs, they have to have at least 1 NPC that is over-sexualized for same reason...the Cindy stuff is ridiculous, not quite to the extent that Quiet was butchered, but completely breaks any type of immersion with the game...I will never understand it...and I love scantily-clad women!!!

The 2nd-half of the game, for me, was just a mess; and there is no way to see that the gamestyle is going to change so substantially. You go from doing fetch quests and travelling about to be forced down 1 linear path and from event to event. Combat is largely replaced, especially in boss fights, with QTE events. The story gets no clearer and they try to make you feel emotionally-vested in characters you have never even met, simply with a few historic cutscenes. The only positive thing I can say about the 2nd half of the game is that it is very brief and might only take you a few hours.
  62. Jan 4, 2017
    eu falo para mim que que os caras estão falando o jogo e mucho bom e um cara fica falando de o jogo tem graficos de ps3 se fosse por isso resident evil 4 não receberia uma nota tão boa mas o jogo esta esplendido e a possibilidade de jogo e infinity
  63. Jan 3, 2017
    At times it plays like it's 4 different games, with none of the games being particularly good and each game progressively worse than the previous game.

The main story was incredibly poorly told in cut scenes. It made little sense and took itself way too seriously. The characters ranged from forgettable to annoying (Prompto). The game-play is infuriating. You can get by in combat

The characters ranged from forgettable to annoying (Prompto).

The game-play is infuriating. You can get by in combat with just button mashing. Crafting magic was a hassle. The car controlled just a step above being completely on rails. The camera was constantly getting behind scenery and often shifted focus away from targeted enemies. There were stealth missions, but no real game-play mechanics that made stealth a better option than bum rushing and fighting.

Side quests were boring and generally unrewarding.

Fishing was unnecessary and not at all intuitive with all of the lure types.

The music was decent, but nothing memorable.

The in-game advertisement were just kind of sad and cringe worthy.

Chapter 13 is some of the least fun I've ever had playing a video game.

The sad part of all of this is that a lot of very talented people worked very hard for a very long time on this game.
  64. Dec 28, 2016
    I feel like the biggest issues from reviews on this game are that people want to compare it to other Final Fantasy games, and rightfully so. However, I feel that it is important to look at it as its own game which I can do. I have not immersed myself in the Final Fantasy series, so this was all brand new to me. Final Fantasy XV is a good game, and there are definitely more positives thanI feel like the biggest issues from reviews on this game are that people want to compare it to other Final Fantasy games, and rightfully so. However, I feel that it is important to look at it as its own game which I can do. I have not immersed myself in the Final Fantasy series, so this was all brand new to me. Final Fantasy XV is a good game, and there are definitely more positives than negatives, but there are a few things holding it back from being a great game.

FFXV's biggest strength is the four main characters that you'll be following through the campaign. All four characters are extremely likeable, but the game doesn't really do much to grow the characters. If you watched Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV before playing the game, you'll have a better understanding of the relationships between the characters. However, the game really misses out on some character development that could have been great. There is a severe lack of personal storylines outside of the main story. For example, I stayed at some random hotel, and it triggered a cutscene between Noctis and Prompto where he expressed his doubts as a member of your party. You have choices as to how you respond to this, but it makes for some amazing development. This didn't happen until I had been playing for 16 hours, and it was the only one I encountered. Big swing and a miss there.

The second problem is the side quests in the game. They are pointless. It's essentially "go here and kill this monster" or "go here and press 'A.'" And quest givers also have multiple quests that stack on top of each other. Why not develop those NPCs when I'm working for them? I told myself that I was going to do all side quests because I wanted to extend the game as much as possible. Then I told myself I'd come back to them after the main story. Now that the story is over, I have no desire to return and complete the side quests.

I want to end with a big positive. Buy this game. Play it for Noctis and his friends. Ultimately, I felt the story was very good, and the ending left me in tears. It's a fun ride when following the story, but the extra stuff feels more like copied and pasted padding. However, I enjoyed the time I had with it and would recommend it to others. So go pick it up and see if you enjoy Noctis and the gang as much as others do.

P.S. Watch Brotherhood first
  65. Dec 25, 2016
    The reviews you see here that are negative and say that every ad campaign didn't actually have XV's content in it-- well they must've been written by people who hadn't 100%'d the game and watched the rest of the XV Universe (Brotherhood, Kingsglaive, etc). Not to mention that there are tons of HUGE DLC's coming out that we have yet to see.

I'll be brief. I've played Final Fantasy since

I'll be brief. I've played Final Fantasy since I was a tyke. It's my favorite series of all time and it's made my heart swell and then shattered it when I get my hopes up. This all being said.. I've finally decided that XV has surpassed all of my other favorites. I can't shake the story. I can't shake the music (Uematsu taught her well). I can't shake how naturally lovable the characters are and how heartbreaking some of the sh*t they go through is. All of this is what makes it an FF game.. What's better? So many side quests you can't hardly focus on the main story (a pro, not a con) and that don't feel at all repetitive, a huge open world with so many things to do, challenging hunts, incredibly gorgeous dungeons that leave you feeling accomplished, and an ending that'll have you tearing up.

It's this thing called "Art". A lot of people don't understand it anymore because of the things that are placed in front of us these days that are labelled as 'the best' - fast-paced shooters, lots of explosions, spoon-fed stories that require little thinking.. This is not one of those. XV is art. If you appreciate that word, you'll love the hell out of this title.
  66. Dec 25, 2016
    The game is well designed graphically. The world is large and stunning to look at. The massive scope really comes across nicely. Effects are well done and the monsters are really well designed, especially the bosses.
    The visuals are the main positive aspect of the game, although it is a little blurry and not crystal clear, especially in the distance. The music is beautiful, maybe a bit repetitive if you stay in one spot for some time. The characters you meet are quite interesting, but you never really learn that much about them. The banter between the group members and the dialogue is pretty well done and funny.

Sadly the game has some weaknesses, many little things especially that seem not to be very well fleshed out.
    The story is not great and progresses painfully slowly. It seems to be unintelligent and just fantasy elements randomly put together. And for even the slightest story progression you have to do a dungeon, or are somehow diverted to do chores first. The pacing is very odd.
    The story seems more like a short story that was put together very quickly, not like some epic journey like the older final fantasy titles. Story and quest direction are fairly poor.
    The sidequests seem to be the worst type of fetch quests without backstory. These type of quests would be unaceptable in mmos today, and even more unaceptable in a single player RPG.
    The car system is really weird, you cannot even drive properly and navigating through the menu to move your car around is just annoying. A simple quicktravel system would have been better. The professions are super weird and dont seem to be intriguing or useful for me.
    The magic system is boring, uninspiring and just again weird.
    There really does not seem to be an obvious reason to explore the huge and beautiful world.

Overall it is a bizarre exotic game with a stunningly huge and beautiful world but many design weaknesses in the detail. If you like the older final fantasy games you will not necessarily like this one.
  67. Dec 23, 2016
    This game is a ton of fun, i played over 90 hours of it. The only thing i didn't really like was that the character were annoying at first, but by the end you grow to care about them. If you are a fan of Final Fantasy it will be a change of pace from the previous titles, but there is plenty about this game that IS Final Fantasy.
    P.S. i don't know why people are saying the graphics are
    P.S. i don't know why people are saying the graphics are bad, i never had any frame rate issues, and the game looks great.
  68. Dec 23, 2016
    A mess, but a fun mess. Story wise, it suffers from similar issues to XIII; a badly paced narrative that has been edited down to the point of nonsense. Its also very short for a Final Fantasy game, approximately 30 hours long for the main story. That being said, the world is stunning and the camaraderie between the main characters is a joy. The game really excels when you arent attemptingA mess, but a fun mess. Story wise, it suffers from similar issues to XIII; a badly paced narrative that has been edited down to the point of nonsense. Its also very short for a Final Fantasy game, approximately 30 hours long for the main story. That being said, the world is stunning and the camaraderie between the main characters is a joy. The game really excels when you arent attempting to do the main quests, but falls flat when you do (although the 'bad guy' is really very good). The open world is truly a double edged sword- as lovely as it looks and as wonderfully as it is populated, you will be staring at a car for upwards of 8 minutes at a time, just to get from A to B, which is really no fun at all. That being said, they have done a good job at creating a believable living world, unlike the mess that was Cocoon.

Overall, It feels like Square dropped the ball with this one again, its certainly not FFXIII terrible, but doesnt come close to FFVI or FFIX.
  69. Dec 19, 2016
    I'm kind of ambivalent on this one. I want to give it a 6.5, but it doesn't deserve 6, so I gave it a 7. It looks pretty good and the combat can be kinda fun, but the story and music are fairly weak. The only song I remember in it is a licensed song. The story progression and plot are stilted and it doesn't really go anywhere. I found the characters charming, but they barely had any realI'm kind of ambivalent on this one. I want to give it a 6.5, but it doesn't deserve 6, so I gave it a 7. It looks pretty good and the combat can be kinda fun, but the story and music are fairly weak. The only song I remember in it is a licensed song. The story progression and plot are stilted and it doesn't really go anywhere. I found the characters charming, but they barely had any real development and what little they did came out of nowhere and had no sense of pacing. I found myself playing a lot of the game, something like 50 hours, and I walked away not feeling bad about spending the money, but this is not one of the games that people will be talking about in 20 years. Expand
  70. Dec 19, 2016
    My first Final Fantasy was an addictive experience, for 50 hours I was traveling through surreal scenarios (expensive geological formations are fantastic) fighting, relating and getting lost in that gigantic world. The visual, the charisma of the characters with the original dubbing made me feel like I was watching an anime, and it was because of this that I got too attached to the game.My first Final Fantasy was an addictive experience, for 50 hours I was traveling through surreal scenarios (expensive geological formations are fantastic) fighting, relating and getting lost in that gigantic world. The visual, the charisma of the characters with the original dubbing made me feel like I was watching an anime, and it was because of this that I got too attached to the game. At the end of it all I liked the FF XV, I loved its history, I loved it with its soundtrack, I fell in love with its modern fantastic world and its characters, and of course, it is really a beautiful game, even though in general the White Wolf Still reigns supreme in this generation, but Final Fantasy XV is right there in his tail. Expand
  71. Dec 16, 2016
    If you are looking for an rpg pass on this game, as you will be severely disappointed. If you want just a fun time killing action game it is quite enjoyable to play. Now I will try to write the rest of this review with no spoilers

Let's go over what this game does right first. The combat mechanics in this game are a ton of fun, and it gives you options to play different ways. You can find a method that you enjoy that others may not. Even at the end of the game it does a good job of staying interesting.

As for the cons. This game has practically no story or character development what so ever. They made an attempt with the movie and short anime, but even with that it is severely lacking. Maybe I was spoiled since I played the earlier final fantasy's, but it seems like ever since x they haven't been putting any effort at all into their story or characters.

The side games that final fantasy became known for after 7 are basically non existent or horrible.

The fact that the battle mechanics were pretty much the only bright spot and I was willing to give it a 7 shows how enjoyable the battle mechanics actually were. That being said this was the last chance I was willing to give square enix. I have played every final fantasy since 7 and even went back to play 1,2 and 6. There flat out disregard for story or character development since x has made me come to the decision that I will no longer be purchasing any more of their games.
  72. Dec 14, 2016
    I just don't get where everyones coming from. I've beat every numbered ff game sans 11, 12 and 14.
    FF15 isnt a bad game but man is it medicore. Its probably one of the most disopointing meh games in the series.
    First lets address the ps4 version. The ps4 version offers a crisper picture coming in at a locked 1080p. The game hits and stays at 30fps. There is sometimes a oddity in

First lets address the ps4 version.

The ps4 version offers a crisper picture coming in at a locked 1080p. The game hits and stays at 30fps. There is sometimes a oddity in jerky animations but i'd say this is unnnoticable to most normal peoples eyes. The ps4 version has less issues with texture pop in than the xbox one version.

The xbox version runs a 720p to 900p. When the games running at 900p things look pretty much as solid as the ps4 version however, its running in 720p the vast majority of the time and honestly the picture looks soft and blurry as hell. The xbox version suffers from textures pop in and not loading fast enough a lot. This happens when theres not enough free space on the HDD. It has to load so much data that if the ff15 data isnt on the outer quicker part of the HDD then it cant load fast enough to keep up with the textures.

I've got 67 hours on the xbox one version and my friend has 200 hours on the ps4 version with everything complete. I myself on xbox only have 90% of the achivements and tons of pointless bland quest to do. He has literally every single quest, hunt, etc to include the bonus dugeons.

It shys away from the strong story telling of previous games to have a paper thin, poorly wrote, awfully explained and pretty much flaws flat on its face with its lack of depth. You build absolutely no emotion connection with luna.

Its a technical mess, glitches amass. Popin, textures loading awfully, the game having load times that make the neogeo cd look like lighting comparitly. Aimless pointless traveling thats early to mask loading issues. Games crashed on me 3 times my friends have all had it at least crash once. Im talking about just serious bugs everywhere. This isnt being repoarted from someone whos put 6 to 30 hours into the game.

The battle system lacks any depth. Its mostly just hold b. The magic system is junk feels like a after thought. The skill tree is **** Things costing 333 and above will simply almost never get bought. You'll be max level and no where near the ap you need for anything. Most of the skills you will soon realize are useless and not thought out. Especially all the ones to enhance the ammount of AP you get. They cost so much that they negate anything wasted into them.

The graphics are all over the place. Some times looking like a last gen game and not even a good one to the next minute blowing your mind.

Hallow gameplay. Most of the game is the same damn quest over and over an over. If I wanted that i'd play a western rpg. I want my quest to have real uniqueness with a story to drive them. I've literally fixed the same guys car like 3 times. The hunts have no meaning except exp. This game is literally Fetchquest Fantasy 15.

Dialog repeatition. They're trying to build up your emotional bond and people seem so captivated by this hallow experience. You're out of unique dialog or any building of bonds by around 7 hours into the game.

If you dont want a story and you want questing and you dont even want a final fantasy or anything that resembles a final fantasy maybe you'll enjoy this. This is clearly the mind of western rpg or mmo mentality spilling into a single player game.

To each his own but, the over whelming positivity and hype for this game is baffling. I've yet to meet a single person who likes the game in person and it seems to just be an online presence of this over hyping.
  73. Dec 13, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I should preface with this that I have played A lot of the Final Fantasy Franchise, with six (3 when it came out on the Super nintendo in The Untied States ) With that being said, this game is a little above average.

Characters - You only play as one Character, Noctis Lucis Caelum, prince when you start the game and the only character you control during the game. then you have your friends, Ignis Scientia, Gladiolus Amicitia and Prompto Argentum. Each have there own personalities, and they are fun to hang with for the most part. These are your only fighters and the only people (save for two, latter in the game that join you for about an hour playtime each, if you don't hurry to the next objective.

for this part, I loved the characters you did get to play with, but I wanted more guest NPCs, more developing of your friends stories and what happens when they do go off for a bit ( and usually come back beat up without saying a word of what happened )

Then you have your love interest, who maybe has five minutes of screen time the whole game. I would have to say, worst love interest in the games I have played ( I haven't watched any of the movies, I feel I shouldn't have to and get a complete game ) She could have been a cool person, the player just doesn't get to know her in game.

The Set - The set is big, and is pretty to look at and has a lot of side questing. If you want to spend hours finding hard monsters to fight, new things to explore, then you will like this game. The big sets are great to look and interact with. The summonings are epic, feels what a summoning should be, when you get a chance to summon something and the button actually works when prompted (had several time where I could and tried and held the trigger it would not work.

The Story - I have read, and seen, a lot of reviews that says this story is great, I have to say average, at least to me who has played the other Final fantasy games, I seen all the plot points coming within the main plot kicking off. (I had actually turned to my brother, told him what I thought was going to happen, and was proven right. ) the antagonist helps you throughout the game, which in my opinion is just a bad story. The whole "Get powerful then challenge me as I help you to defeat me" is really a dumb thing for any person to do. That is what you go though, all the build up, all the working with everything ( and the fact you have to work with someone working for the people who take your city makes Noctis that bad that he goes with the self admitted Empire guy. There is dialogue options, but nothing to just tell this guy off and strom places with my friends on my own.

Then, you don't get to interact with any old NPC on the world, you can stand in front of someone for hours and they won't say anything, move when it gets dark if you just stand there. So very little life in the places.

Combat - Combat I found fun, if a little broken. You can switch weapons on the fly finding your special weapons, that take hit point, to use, fun to fine and take and find out what they can do. I played though as a light sword welder for most of the game. Magic is to much of a pain, anything I need to draw is pointless, then I have to try not to hit my own teammates if I want to use it.

Traveling - the car... every other review that mentions it has the same thing about this car, to slow, no real talking, nothing going, taking to long, At least, at once you get to a parking spot, you can fast travel... for a small fee (while the fee is cheap, I'm paying for you to drive my car there quicker real life time, not in game time most of the time )

Chocobos - fun, I love them, fun to ride them, fun to interact with them, they level up and love it.

this is final fantasy, when do i get something that flies? the answer, in main game, never. You can play after you finish the story. Would have been better if we got that a lot earlier.

Overall - This game I found fun, but missing on a lot of points The dialog tree doesn't really do anything (was thinking I could maybe get more Mass Effect style than I can talk, but what i say doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things ) I think, they should have pushed this back another year, and fleshed out the game even more.

The game was hyped you can go to towns - yep, you get three, both pretty small for cities including the final fights in your home city (you walk about three blocks )

It has missed on a lot, expectations should be lowered. This could have been so much better, so much missed,

What could have improved the game -

1. more dialog choices that matter to me let me talk to everyone!
    2. more character development of NPCs that I meet, let me know the woman I am supposed to marry, or romance other characters, let Noctis become my character if I am only going to play him.
    3. Let me not work with the people working against me.
    4. Faster car/travel
    5. game become linear with a rewind time, stop with time warps!
  74. Dec 11, 2016
    Despues de diez años de esperar este juego...para mi si ha valido la pena, buenos graficos, buena jugabilidad, buena historia, mundo abierto pequeño pero bien armado, me ha encantado el juego, FINAL FANTASY XV es bueno n.n
  75. Dec 11, 2016
    I've put nearly 25 hours into Final Fantasy XV and I'm still looking for any semblance of a story. The FFXV idea of storytelling seems to be putting the player into an open world to perform MMO-style fetch and kill quests while piecing together a thin narrative through short, unenlightening, or poorly written main quests.

All of these quests are bound by the travel mechanics of sitting

All of these quests are bound by the travel mechanics of sitting in a car for 2-6 minutes at a time while another character drives (or you can drive! Just hold down the "R" button for that 6 minute ride! There, you're driving, see!) Once you have opened fast travel points it takes the "riding in the car simulator" out of many of the quests, but it never really goes away entirely.

Couple the bad storytelling with shallow characters that don't invite you to invest as a player and you have a recipe for a bag RPG. The new combat system is interesting and one of the few positive points about the game, but when you're playing an RPG for the story, that isn't enough to save it.

Spending 25 hours to feel like I've accomplished nothing at all, despite apparently making significant progress in the story, makes this game entirely unfulfilling. I won't be finishing it.
  76. Dec 7, 2016
    Much like the Star Wars reboot, Final Fantasy XV is more for people new to the franchise then it is for loyalists, and that's not a bad thing.

Final Fantasy gets a lot of things right. The combat, although repetitive, requires more interaction than it did in previous games. Which makes even little battles feel more involved. A lot of people are complaining about "holding the B/O button", but let's get serious, in previous entries you were just mashing A/X to confirm an attack during most battles. The boss fights are big and memorable - without feeling tedious. Combat is fun, it's repetitive, but fun.

The main characters are life like, and you get a good feeling for their personality, unfortunately side characters are an afterthought. There is a lot of missed potential regarding the side character. The characters hint at their backstory, but never divulge it, and there are no side quests for more information.

The world is open, but lacks personality. Only two towns are visit-able in the game, and one only for a short time. You never really feel immersed, or like you have the freedom to make your own choices.

Instead the story is linear, but still very good - until the end. The ending feels like the developers somehow ran out of time. You'll see a part that makes very little sense towards the end, and it's never explained.

There is a lot missing from this game, or is just an after thought, that fans have come to expect from Final Fantasy. Skill development is non essential, the skill board (ascension) does not develop the characters in any meaningful way. Summons are random, and magic is an afterthought. If you enjoy a good story, but with glaring holes, and want a linear experience, then this game is for you. And, it's good at what it is. If you are expecting a return to old, and comparing it to previous entries, then you will most likely be disappointed.

Some technical specs. 35 hours to beat the game 50 hours to 100% the game. No guides involved.
  77. Dec 7, 2016
    As someone who entered into the series with this title, I feel this game will only be considered a success by people who are blinded by nostalgic filtered glasses. The character design leads much to be desired. These look like the type of guys I used to hate to see at heavy metal shows growing up. They're a couple lip piercings away from being full blown emo. The graphics....my god theyAs someone who entered into the series with this title, I feel this game will only be considered a success by people who are blinded by nostalgic filtered glasses. The character design leads much to be desired. These look like the type of guys I used to hate to see at heavy metal shows growing up. They're a couple lip piercings away from being full blown emo. The graphics....my god they are mediocre. Xbox 360 and PS3 tier at best. Lip tracking is something that I pay attention to in games and this game was a swing and a miss. Its a game that really rides on your investment into the characters development and every time they speak I want to throw my controller at the tv. Is it really that hard in 2016 to have your characters lips line up with the words? The combat system is pretty good, but its not enough for me to brand this game a success. Now, I know that this game isn't meant to be an open world game like GTA or something like that.....but holy crap does driving the car feel clunky. It seems like they put the bare minimum effort into the driving mechanic, which would be forgivable if the rest of the game was a knockout, but it just isn't. Ultimately this game left me so disappointed in the first few hours that idk if I'll give it the second chance it maybe deserves. It just kind of makes me sad that gaming companies now a days think they can just poop out the next installment of a series without any innovation because they know they have a solid fan base and that's good enough. There's a reason this game is a 6.8/10 currently under user reviews and I promise you it's not because its an amazing game. Expand
  78. Dec 7, 2016
    Not played any Final Fantasy since FFXIII and none in full since FFX. I waited a long time for this to arrive as it looked so damn good at E3 (which we know has tendencies to bend truths at times).

FFXV is a solid game and in my personal opinion the best JRPG made to date. Okay, so JRPG is a limited genre but there really is nothing that compares to it at this point. Pros: * Despite

Pros:
    * Despite the what people say the story is great AND complimented by the Kingsglaive movie (what more do people want)?!?!
    * Tons of 'optional' side quests - you can progress missing many of these.
    * New dynamic using the group system - combos look fantastic!
    * Chocobos are back!!!!
    * Extremely immersive and diverse world
    * Lots of customization (cars, clothes, weapons, spells etc...)
    * Cutscenes are really well presented (as always with FF games)
    * Soundtrack (you can even find music from the old FF games)

Cons:
    * Driving sucks - too slow and random stoppages at times (although the dialogue is good)
    * Camera angles are bad (too close at times meaning you miss some of the action)
    * Graphics on XBox One are flakey (hair looks odd and some textures don't look right - some tearing)
    * Text size too small with no option to change

TL:DR: A great JRPG experience with an interesting storyline set in an exciting immersive world. More than worth buying and brilliant addition to a series I feel privileged to have grown up with.
  79. Dec 6, 2016
    Very bad graphics for the xbox version everything looks blurry as a 480p game
    My eyes hurt playing this game on xbox one with blurry graphics and terrible framerates.
    Im sure ps4 pro version looks and runs a lot better but im waiting for scorpio and play this game there. I dont recommend this game with current gen consoles. Wait for scorpio or if you have money to spent ps4 pro. Xbox
    Very bad graphics for the xbox version everything looks blurry as a 480p game
    I dont recommend this game with current gen consoles.
    Wait for scorpio or if you have money to spent ps4 pro.
    Xbox one version is BAD!
    The game looks fun but not for final fantasy fans.
    Bad graphics
    Bad combat system
    No characters to hire only just 4 gays running around.
    You cant control other party members.
    No tactical feel of the combat just button smashing(this is not final fantasy for fans)
    No female playable characters to hire
    Very short story,I mean really short felt like a demo and the delivery of the story was pretty much immature.
    There was potential but looks like the guys at square have lost fantasy by them selfs and they are not able to create a fantasy game.
    Very good music and voice acting
  80. Dec 6, 2016
    This is really not the Final Fantasy to End all Final Fantasy's. But if you're a fan. you know that there have been around 20 original games, adaptations, spinoffs and sequels. With that in mind. You are going to have to make the concession that the game will change and change DRASTICALLY over time. Long running fans should know this and accept it. As long as it FEELS like a Final FantasyThis is really not the Final Fantasy to End all Final Fantasy's. But if you're a fan. you know that there have been around 20 original games, adaptations, spinoffs and sequels. With that in mind. You are going to have to make the concession that the game will change and change DRASTICALLY over time. Long running fans should know this and accept it. As long as it FEELS like a Final Fantasy game and that familiarity fills me with nostalgia and happiness. I'm content with that. And it most certainly does.

From the onset, the world feels strange. They've mixed modern day science with fantasy elements and i'm loving it. Its nostalgic of VII in a way (The first one I started on before I played its priors). So it has a soft spot in my heart and the interactions between characters are happy and it has a real feel-good vibe reminiscent of X. I"m glad its so radically different from its predecessors as i really hated the sequesl XIII-2 and Lightning returns as well as X-2.

Bonus! They've done away with the depressing Fabula nova chrystallis **** and having done so it feels new and familiar at the same time. The wardrobes leaving something to be desired, coming across like a boyband than anything else), the characters are likeable and you can really tell that the theme is about friendship, loyalty, family and balancing responsibility between life and responsibility. These are adult themes that come across strongly and doen't really get touched to the same extent in other Final Fantasys.

The Battle system is new. Frustrating at first. But after tweaking a few settings to "wait" in the settings menu, the mobs become manageable. and the deeper aspects of the battle system show themselves and is very gratifying. Some people are hating it but it seems to be the same people who are adverse to change. I dont see how people grumble about this game but seem to want it to be EXACTLY like something else. The game opens with the line "A Final Fantasy for fans and beginners" I think thats a great touch and is absolutely true. If you've made peace that the series you love will evolve and love it still then you will love it. And new players might be confused at first but once they get into it is very enjoyable. Its a chilled final fantasy as the random encounters of old are something of the past and it feels like you can just lose your self in this world.

True to JRPG, the game doesnt throw everything you need to know at you and a lot is left for you to figure out. checking out forums and wikis will get you excited for what you can accomplish in this game. Driving around is great when going into a new area as Ignis will drive you automatically to your predetermined destination and the game its self is a beauty to behold.

Things I dont like:
    There is sometimes some REALLY ugly texture pop and when you're driving some far off places and even medium off places arent textured and it feels muddy. I understand that this is a MASSIVE game that needs to be loaded into only and 8GB Frame buffer but it feels like this game would have been prettier on a different engine. It also DOES NOT PLAY AT 1080p at least not on XB1. Its not even a scaled up version from 720p. It is flatout 720p. Given the hardwarelimitations it is understandable but I hope this comes to PC. I'd be proud to buy it a second time around and even give it another playthrough. The visuals would have best been realised on PC and its a crying shame that Square didnt think that this game would have been a perfect showcase on PC. But seeing as how most FF's can be found on Steam these days, I'm willing to wait.

The fast travel isnt available from anywhere on the map and you need to get back to your car first. This means 2 long loading screens that could have been easily avoided.

Magic use is a little janky in battle but I like the spellcrafting system. Its fresh, simple and interesting. Although very limiting in what you can creat with the caps on how much magic you can draw. At least for now.

Fighting in doors especially in tight corners can sometimes be frustrating due to camera angles and there just not being enough space for everything in the room. especially when casting magic. Friendly fire is a thing in this game so watch out.

The rest are negligible issues but make the game what it is at the same time being gripey. So I'll touch on that. Eg. The only random encounters are in Chapter 3 when you get imperials dropping on you. Also the game seems to want you to move around in the day only and its easy to go along with that. But missioning around at night can be extremely rewarding. especially if you want to delay your rest and then double up on your XP when you do.

All in all this is a good game. I cant put it down. If you're a long time fan, put all preconsceptions asside and enjoy the game as a stand alone game and you will feel like you're playing an FF title. Dont go in wanting something specifically. You'd be dissappointed by any game that way.
  81. Dec 6, 2016
    When the first playable demo came out, I was not overly impressed: You had to play as a group of adolescent boys from a Queen tribute band, with a permanent bad hair day. After watching Kingsglaive however, and seeing the amount of love and care that have gone into this game, I decided to buy the game. Now, about thirty hours into the game, I am very glad I did. Although it starts in whatWhen the first playable demo came out, I was not overly impressed: You had to play as a group of adolescent boys from a Queen tribute band, with a permanent bad hair day. After watching Kingsglaive however, and seeing the amount of love and care that have gone into this game, I decided to buy the game. Now, about thirty hours into the game, I am very glad I did. Although it starts in what appears to be a North American dustbowl backwater, populated by redneck extras from "Tremors", it plays like a dream. The four main protagonists, initially a motley crew of borderline delinquents, become a band of brothers, bantering incessantly.
    The roadtrip, which starts out as a pretty mundane undertaking, slowly becomes a marvellous Odyssee full of surprises, humor, and fun,....and also some girls.
    Having played every real FF game since the beginning, I can only applaud the designers vision in making this game a really wonderful experience.

This game has heart and soul, and damn the FPS glitches, some generic looking cannon fodder and (Ubisoft inspired?) incessant resource gathering.
  82. Dec 5, 2016
    if you are a fan of the old turn based combat chances are you will get hugely disappointed.
    Lack of characters to join,a terrible combat and magic system plus the terrible frame rate and graphics on xbox one make this game must NOT have.
    STORY VERY SHORT AND DISAPPOINTMENT ALARM! It felt shorter than ff7 disc 1. I couldnt believe that it was so short Big disappointment game is not
    STORY VERY SHORT AND DISAPPOINTMENT ALARM!
    It felt shorter than ff7 disc 1.
    I couldnt believe that it was so short Big disappointment game is not worth 70 wait for 20 euro drop
  83. Dec 5, 2016
    I feel with any convo on FF, disclosure of history is important to start with. So my experience of FF started with FF8. We got a demo disk from a Playstation mag that let you play the Dollet mission. It was epic. It was an hours game play and it was something like 1% of the game. We were hooked. After 8, we got 9 and 10. My brother continued with x-2,12 and 13 while I went more into PCI feel with any convo on FF, disclosure of history is important to start with. So my experience of FF started with FF8. We got a demo disk from a Playstation mag that let you play the Dollet mission. It was epic. It was an hours game play and it was something like 1% of the game. We were hooked. After 8, we got 9 and 10. My brother continued with x-2,12 and 13 while I went more into PC gaming. With that said my below assessment is my attempt to be as objective I can in the game being a good game, not whether its "what the series deserves" or however the fanboys put it.

To summarise them in no particular order:

- There are plenty of monsters, items, interactions that fans of the series will recognise. Without any spoilers you dont have to wait long for some awesome moments
    - The graphics on the XboxOne are as always grossly exaggerated in promotional content. That said this is true of all games so people shouldnt be surprised by now. You didnt buy a PS4. Deal with it. With that said the game looks bad in places, this can sometimes be comically highlighted in the photos taken by your companion.
    - The fighting is fairly satisfying, its not turn based but that's how progression is made. Being able to dodge an attack by phasing, moving in the appropriate direction, jumping or warping is pretty good.
    - The scale of enemies is awesome. The variety of enemies and the way to kill them is also cool (different moves, different patterns, different weaknesses, whether they get knocked over easily, etc)
    - The music as always is super strong. The addition of previous series soundtracks (you can get whichever ones you want) is superb for making the driving more enjoyable.
    - There are plenty of sidequests. You can do them if you want to or not. If you do you'll get gil and items, if not you can still proceed without much issue.
    - The atmosphere both in dungeons and when you are attacked is pretty awesome.
    - There is plenty of content. I have in excess of 20hrs play by the 4th chapter.
    - The levelling system is pretty cool. You can completely tailor your experience and on a second run through try a very different style. Equally with style you can equip what weapons you want so you can have vastly different playthroughs favouring spears in 1, 2hander in another and gun/magic in a 3rd.
    - transport is handled pretty well with the car and chocobo. Both are customisable (certainly the car has a good selection of colours, decals and upgrades. The choco more just the colour) and the more effort you put into them the better they will serve you.
    - You do need to sort the camera settings to have the best experience (on default 50% of battles is getting the camera in a useful position)

Is it the best game ever? No. But it feels good, sounds good and is satisfying to play. I'll edit once I've seen more of the story as there are big things yet to come. But initial reaction is the game was worth my money easily. Where it will fit in the FF hierarchy remains to be seen but I'm optimistic. Its not a perfect score as the hair looks like Squall's in FF8 but that aside its pretty cool.

If you judge a game based on whether it is turn based or if the graphics are as good as the playstation's there is nothing anyone can do for you.
  84. Dec 4, 2016
    Not sure what game all the 9 and 10 scores are playing, or how much they got paid to do it, but it wasn't this mess.
    -- Main characters are basically guidos disguised as Tokyo nightclub rejects. And I love the horrible accents they all have, and the fact that their "specialties" involve cooking and fishing. Absolutely fits with their excessive hair gel, bad tattoos, and Rico Suave glasses. And that leads to....
    -- A ridiculous story that seems to have been written by, and for, an 8-year-old. The characters are forgettable and their back stories are stupid. And the tropes that the female NPCs fill are truly terrible, and probably offensive to some people.
    -- Combat starts out OK, until you figure out that Wait Mode is more hindrance than help, oh and how about that really nice "difficulty spike" around Act 3, when the Imperial soldiers start to swarm you? And all of the enemies target Noctis, no matter what else is going on?
    -- Your three companions are useless idiots, standing around during combat and never holding enemy attention. Noctis is battered senseless by every enemy on the field, his so-called "abilities" and "magic" doing very little and being completely underwhelming. Enjoy watching his stamina deplete repeatedly as you fruitlessly attempt to avoid 8 enemies, all the time, every fight. Joy.
    -- Graphics are nice enough for the scenery, but characters aren't so hot. All four main characters look like laughable fools, with their stupid outfits and retarded personalities. Even with a decent pixel count, just knowing how idiotic the characters are makes them tough to look at. Quest dialogue is awful.
    -- The "magic" system in this game has to be the worst ever in a Final Fantasy title. Gathering to craft spells? And you can only cast maybe 3 before doing it all again? Not to mention that your three moron companions get damaged by your AoE, so have fun reviving them while they stand in the fire!
    -- The game world is barren and lifeless, except for the so-called "outposts" that are nothing more than a gas pump for the Guido Crew's stupid car. You run around, many times without music, listening to mindless banter between terrible characters, with nothing to explore. Oh wait, you get to pick up a shiny thing on the ground every now and then! Just like EVERY JRPG EVER MADE.
    -- All in all, this game starts out enjoyably enough, but after 15-20 hours starts to really wear you down. Hopeless characters, no help from your supposed companions, repetitive quests, poorly done NPCs, combat that quickly becomes frustrating....not at all what I would expect from Square Enix, to be honest.
  85. Dec 4, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV
    An epic adventure
    This was my first ever main line final fantasy game and I loved it... Though there are quite a few noticeable problems… In Final Fantasy XV you play as Noctis, a prince who sets out with his 3 bodyguards to travel to his wife to be… Their car breaks down at the beginning of this journey and it’s here when the friendship comes to life and you’re
    Final Fantasy XV
    An epic adventure
    This was my first ever main line final fantasy game and I loved it...
    Though there are quite a few noticeable problems…
    Their car breaks down at the beginning of this journey and it’s here when the friendship comes to life and you’re introduced to the world of final fantasy XV…
    This game consists of 15 chapters and can be completed in less than 25 hours if you choose to stick to just the story…
    But there’s so much to do that this probably won’t be likely…
    The greatest part about final fantasy xv is that it doesn’t force you to play a certain way…
    You have the option to explore the world, do side quests, grind for xp and ap for your skill tree to balance out your party and skills…, or go on epic hunts for dangerous monsters in return for in game currency to spend on items and gear…
    Or you can just stick to the story... it’s up to you…
    Final Fantasy XV to me felt like a very compact version of the witcher 3…
    You’re free to explore the different open worlds you visit…
    However the world feels a bit empty…
    Of course there’s enemies around… but there’s this ghost town feeling everywhere you go whether it’s a town or the forest that stops the open world from ever coming to life..
    And it could do with how restrictive exploration feels…
    The car for example stays on track... you can’t drive it off road and you don’t even need to steer it…
    And when you’re on foot you can feel invisible walls all around you stopping you from jumping onto or over items in the game, which does greatly break immersion even though it’s the games way of telling me not to go that way, there’s nothing there.. I still want to do it...
    I appreciate the open world… but it doesn’t breathe…
    There is a ton of life in the story though…
    It took me some time to love these characters… but I ultimately did…
    I cared for nearly everyone I came across and this game did get some tears out of me..
    There’s so many twists and turns here that shifts your perspective of characters…
    Some will become more important than you thought or less important...
    There were very few moments I predicted…
    And the campaign has a great deal of epic moments and boss battles…
    I’m not the biggest fan of this game combat though…
    Don’t get me wrong.. I love the change from turn based to real time…
    But the weapons you pick up don’t feel unique...
    They don’t feel powerful…
    And the controls just aren’t intuitive enough to allow ultimate flow…
    It feels button mashy and enemies take way too long to kill for that button mashy feel to work…
    You dodge, block, and parry…
    But it’s so hard to read enemies and you’re so focused on doing damage that by time you go to block it’s too late..
    Combat isn’t frustrating though...
    Your party can heal you and you can heal them when you or they are in danger... they’ll also heel each other…
    There were many times one of my party members were in danger though and I couldn’t find them to heal them…
    They didn’t show up on my map, and I there’s no name over their head or any indication at all where to go to save them which ultimately led them to fall during battle which definitely is frustrating…
    And my ultimate frustration comes down to button commands not being responsive enough…
    You have to hold square to take cover, hold x to dismount a chocobo, hold l2 to summon a champion… hold l1 and r1 to essentially go super saiyan for a short period of time…
    There wasn’t a single hold whatever button command that would work on my first attempt…
    I’m trying to summon.. I’m trying to crouch to regain my health... I’m trying to get off of a chocobo... and it just wouldn’t work…
    this is less annoying in the open world… but insanely annoying during combat…
    This 100% needs to be patched…
    These commands should be way more responsive and sensitive than they are…
    Final Fantasy XV isn’t a masterpiece..
    But its close…
    The gameplay can get frustrating due to design choices and mechanical issues...
    But this is overall a great experience for fans and new players alike…
    It’s not too deep, and not too shallow…
    There’s a lot to do, and it’s all equally enjoyable.. I give Final Fantasy XV an 8.5/10
  86. Dec 4, 2016
    I really don't understand why people keep on posting low scores saying the frame rate on Xbox One is choppy when Digital Foundry clearly showed that it's steadier than on PS4. STOP TELLING LIES IN YOUR REVIEWS! Yes, image is a little blurring since it's 900p and the Xbox can automatically lower the resolution to improve performance. But honestly, if you don't play it on a 70"+ TV, whoI really don't understand why people keep on posting low scores saying the frame rate on Xbox One is choppy when Digital Foundry clearly showed that it's steadier than on PS4. STOP TELLING LIES IN YOUR REVIEWS! Yes, image is a little blurring since it's 900p and the Xbox can automatically lower the resolution to improve performance. But honestly, if you don't play it on a 70"+ TV, who cares? Moreover, Xbox owners know how the console works. Please stop the same old 1080p Vs. 900p argument, please. Expand
  87. Dec 2, 2016
    Unplayable on Xbox One.

I've only logged about 6 hours in the game over 2 play sessions and I'm returning it. Choppy, inconsistent frame rate and horrific resolution. I bet the PS4 version runs consistently at 1080p & 30fps, but you could argue that an action game such as this requires 60fps. I admit, I come predominantly from PC gaming and only turn to console for exclusives. I push
    Unplayable on Xbox One.

I admit, I come predominantly from PC gaming and only turn to console for exclusives. I push 60 fps minimum on a 144hz G-sync monitor where games look smooth 95% of the time. If the performance of this game is par with the industry standard, you're all being duped. That being said, I've seen trailers for PS4 versions that look SIGNIFICANTLY better than what I'm seeing on Xbox One on my 55" TV that has been rated "good" for gaming. Games like Forza run at 1080p & 60fps and look amazing.

Aside from the technical aspects, the storyline has been ok - not great. The characters are average. I feel that the party would benefit from a female or two. Part of the classic FF experience is getting new party members and I think you're just stuck with the same four the entire game. I don't know.

Battle system is shallow. I admit - it does look fun but I can't see what's going on with the terrible performance anyway. You have a bit of rock / paper / scissors with weapon types.

Open world exploring looks promising, but I can't stop comparing it to something like Witcher 3 which is significantly better. Draw distance is huge but probably a crucial reason why the performance is so bad.

Release it on PC or optimize for 1080p @ 60fps and I would likely give it a 7 or 8/10.
  88. Dec 2, 2016
    This game is amazing as **** its definitely one of my favorite final fantasies but not as much as 7 but its rly rly good GO BUY IT EVEN THOUGH UR NOT A FINAL FANTASY OR RPG FAN. its not a 10/10 game is because the long travel and loading is kind of annoying and the side quests can get annoying the beginning for a bit but but it gets better trust me get it :D
  89. Dec 2, 2016
    The game is very boring, you can only play as one character, with a choice of several weapons and magics which is less than what FF usually have.

Kingdom Hearts fans may like this game, for REAL FF fans I suggest to avoid this game completely it will NOT meet your expectation at all.
  90. Dec 2, 2016
    GOTY and best 2 retard to be honest from scratch from the 11 Gamma vs cold Turkey from scratch to english for example with ease GOTY and best 2 retard to be honest with
  91. Dec 1, 2016
    This is a different game with Final Fantasy as the title, while it use many of Final Fantasy's assets, it's not a Final Fantasy game.

Gameplay is simplified and a bad story only fit for the younger generation.
  92. Dec 1, 2016
    No nostalgia from me as this is my first final fantasy. I can tell you that the landscapes although vast have outdated graphics, sometimes it looks like graphics from world of warcraft. However, the gameplay is fun, the characters are decent but the story lacks. A day before the release I watched the brotherhood: ffxv episodes due to recommendation but I still would like to know more aboutNo nostalgia from me as this is my first final fantasy. I can tell you that the landscapes although vast have outdated graphics, sometimes it looks like graphics from world of warcraft. However, the gameplay is fun, the characters are decent but the story lacks. A day before the release I watched the brotherhood: ffxv episodes due to recommendation but I still would like to know more about this world. The story thrusts you into the this game without telling you anything other than you are heading somewhere to get married.

The combat is decent but what absolutely sucks is the camera and targeting system. The camera is finicky and always turned the wrong way, the targeting system is glitchy.
    Another thing happened, last year witcher 3 came out and you can really see they tried to take some ideas from that game and implement into this one with combat but again the camera is terrible and targeting system is worse than witcher and witcher was terrible with it's targeting so they one up'd it.

The combat controls are also pretty bad, hold down a button and your character will block everything, hold down another button and your character with continuously attack. To switch out spells you have to go all the way back to the main menu and go through a series of 5 menus to change out spells. All in all, witcher made this game absolete.

Overall it's an ok game, slightly boring because they don't give any background to the story at all and there really isn't much to do in the open world but kill npc's or fish.
  93. Dec 1, 2016
    Average at best, and i´m already forcing it and with a lil bit of nostalgia factor.
    The story is bland and one of the WORST FF plots ever made, if you think FF12 had a horrible story...Man you gonna hate this!
    The main cast are ok, nothing out of this world but with the restriction to only one character much of the game is lost. The action is ok...Divisive but it´s ok. It´s not that
    The action is ok...Divisive but it´s ok. It´s not that dumb how some people are saying but it´s not so bad like FF13. (i would like the old atb style but that´s me)
    the secondary cast are....are...nothing...already forgot them =/ (this compared to Final fantasy 6 or 7 are a joke, like the people who made this game never played a FF game before...just 13 =.="...Hell even 12 had more memorable side characters in the world that i can remember)
    If you like a "western" style rpg, with world adventure then maybe that´s the game made for you...If you like the old FF~Xenogears~Chrono style of story driven game....Then stay away from this game like the plague! Or just buy later cheaper or even rent first and try yourself...
  94. Dec 1, 2016
    Awesome story, Awesome gamplay and awesome world design. The ending is probabely on of the greatest endings in RPG history, characters are loveable and the fights are very satisfying
  95. Nov 30, 2016
    So I want to keep this simple. This game is a MUST buy. Get it. It is worth every penny.

But for a score it has only earned a 6/10 in my book due to, in part, the near complete lack of a story. Or rather a story told so badly it feels like it is lacking a story. If the story was only about the 4 'brothers' and their journey then it would score damn near a perfect 10 for story telling

If the story was only about the 4 'brothers' and their journey then it would score damn near a perfect 10 for story telling about such a cool camaraderie.

But it is 2 stories. And the 2nd Main story is a bunch of political **** and senseless-ness. That story falls flat on it's face. And to make it worse.. i was genuinely curious in the politics of this world, due to how they affect the 4 main characters.

The other reason is the "MEH" battle system. It is OK. It is fun at times, frustrating at other times, mixed with a bunch of cool ideas and very stupid ideas. The actual attacks are easy and simple, But everything else especially the dodge mechanic is half assed. When it works it is fun, but most of the time these other systems fail to work in one way or another.

Which leaves us with the 2nd best thing about FFXV. The open world system and the driving. Simply amazing. This is an open world done right.

And it did something else right, that nearly no other game has ever done... It will be easy to come back to FFXV if you put it down for a few weeks or months.

This game is fun as hell and on many levels one of the best Final Fantasy gameplay wise ever made.

As for the battle system... Maybe they will patch in a classic battle system with the possible PC release.

As for the story. There is no fixing that... which is too bad, cause it was the first time I was intrigued by the political mumbo jumbo in a JRPG.
  96. Nov 30, 2016
    Beautiful game, amazing world, Noctis and his friends are very likeable and real, super fun combat, very fluid, easy to learn and hard to master.

0s score reviewers are obviously salty idiot trolls that are blind by nostalgia. If you want something more old school go play hundreds of new RPGs that are more classic, like Tyranny! I personally love both styles and Final Fantasy XV is perfect the way it is, Square did an amazing job, go buy it right now, 100% worth!
  97. Nov 30, 2016
    Pretty good game it has a solid 30fps it looks nice and the characters aren't totally annoying it does feel like a massive time sink though so I guess if you have time on your hands this might be one to get
  98. Nov 30, 2016
    Controls very bad in battle. Huge letdown. This was one game I was sure would be awesome but it's terrible. Camera in battle is terrible. No spells??? Th skill trees are useless. You don't get any skills worth actually using. No fun in levelling up because the skills are hopeless and not worth spending points on.

A game ruined.

Fonts are way too small and hard to read.

Waste of money.
  99. Nov 30, 2016
    Very good performance on xbox one, better than ps4 even though ps4 has better & cleaner graphics, the xbox one performance outshines the fps issues found on ps4, great gameplay, if you like RPG this is a must have for xbox one owners
  100. Nov 29, 2016
    The story is lame.... It gets a bit better if you watched the not-in-game stuff like movie and the anime parts.
    The characters .... As some other mentioned, why oh why on earth would they use a similar-to-tokyo-nightclub- gigolo look?

I have been a long time fan to the series. Starting from FF2 through most of the games. (didn't actually get into FF13-2.. and the lightning-return .... )
    Story just go down hill for the FF-series for a long while. (For reference, I found FF13 story "ok". It's not exceptional, but it's still sort-fun to see it develops, masterpieces being the earlier FF, I personally think FF6 has best story. Closely follow by FF3 / FF7 / FF5 / FF8 / FF9 ... FF4 is ok too...)

Magic ... wtf.... just wtf... a fantasy game with magic system so washed down. Limited use? gather from crystals ... really?

Summons ... boy-oh-boy .. one of the worst adoptation of the system. And it doesn't create any awe like knight-of-the-round-table (annoying after the 50 times you trying to kill emerald weapon, but it's still great and instant classic)

If I want to play a tech game, I go watch-dogs. What's with the car shop? that's just brings a (????).

No character development. Look at prompto, he's just bad design. NO depth... only there for comic relief.
    Even sephiroth (being in game showing may be 5% of the time of FF7) has better character than Prompto.

The game feels so incomplete and weird. Not sure why the first day reviews give it so high.
    "amazing story!!" "amazing characters!!" "amazing graphics!!"
    really? how much did those guys got paid?

That being said, the battle system is a nice try. Certain something new and fun in the series. (I personally like the older system more... being traditional and like to control all the characters' actions but that's a personal preference. I also like the FF6's command enter for action as Sabin. )

May be they will release luna as playable character in form of DLC. And other stuff like openworld for the 2nd half as DLC (may be? that could be fun) .. May be a DLC to make the summoning more usable? (that there's supposed a super secret action makes it reliable? ) There's no Tifa, Terra, Aerith, Celes, Leo, Vivi....etc. That is diasppointing.

Leveling and night rest seemed just weird.

Dungeons are not bad on the ones been found.

Music - some are amazing. Especially the songs by Florence + the Machine.

---- This is my first and only review. I normally don't do reviews, but the f--- with all the paid review and the disappointment of this game from the FF series compelled for the review.
  101. Nov 29, 2016

"amazing story!!" "amazing characters!!" "amazing graphics!!"
    really? how much did those guys got paid?

Leveling and night rest seemed just weird.

Dungeons are not bad on the ones been found.

Music - some are amazing. Especially the songs by Florence + the Machine.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 8, 2017
    Final Fantasy XV is not the game Square Enix promised us. It’s not an open world game that everyone would enjoy, and even though it looks like they have done a great deal in making it more accessible to newcomers, it has more improving to do. If you are a die-hard Final Fantasy fan, you will have a great time thanks to a beautiful world, easy to learn and fun combat mechanics and a classic story about friendship and love.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Feb 4, 2017
    Its flaws and fun come fro the same tangled history, but the latter easily wins the day. [Feb 2017, p.81]
  3. Jan 3, 2017
    FFXV mostly delivers. While it takes some getting used to, its combat is infectious and fun. Its artwork is utterly breathtaking, and some of its set pieces are awe-inspiring. Its characters are fun and memorable, and the plot is engaging enough to keep pushing you forward. FFXV trips over its own character lore on occasion, with key details either missing or poorly explained, but it's not enough to hinder the experience as a whole.