5.6

1. Jun 5, 2017
    Still unplayable unless in private match even then drops are appalling . Extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to playing this game, except as of current feel cheated out of my hard earned 40+ dollars.
  2. Jun 4, 2017
    I've been following this game since before it was a Friday the 13th title. I've played exactly 3 games since it released. 3.5gb patch the other day and I still can't get into a game. They delayed it for 7 months! What were they doing in that time? As far as I can tell, nothing. Yeah, it's a small team of devs, then don't charge $40. In all my years of gaming I have never seen such aI've been following this game since before it was a Friday the 13th title. I've played exactly 3 games since it released. 3.5gb patch the other day and I still can't get into a game. They delayed it for 7 months! What were they doing in that time? As far as I can tell, nothing. Yeah, it's a small team of devs, then don't charge $40. In all my years of gaming I have never seen such a sloppy launch. Everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. I knew I should have waited for DBD or Agony. I don't even care if they fix this, my excitement for the game has completely vanished. Enjoy my $40, idiots. How anyone could rate a game that doesn't work above a 2 is beyond me. Expand
  3. Jun 17, 2017
    Update 18/06/17 Just found out that Consoles don't currently and will not in the future have dedicated servers, this despite the devs promising that ALL versions would have dedicated servers at launch. 3 weeks later and 2 patches that were larger than the base game and the game STILL constantly disconnects too. Broken Promises over the dedicated servers was the last straw for me!

Even

Even after maintenance on the servers I am still being kicked in virtually every game, meaning I am not gaining any exp. Theres also a ton of bugs still ingame such as not being able to purchase perks/other various glitches. If they fix the servers and I can start to complete matches without constantly being kicked I'll raise my score to a 6. If then after they fix the other glitches/bugs I'll raise it to a 8, but as it stands as of now on 30/05/17, given that I cannot either get into games or stay in games once in, its only worth a 4 star rating! (As I say tho, if the devs can fix the servers and the bugs properly then I'll edit this to be a 8 star as the game is fun as hell, when I am able to actually play the thing)!
  4. May 30, 2017
    XB1 owners really seem to have gotten screwed here. They only got the beta while everyone else got the latest version of the game -- not that that has helped anyone else.

The game is essentially broken right now. The only way to play it is to do a workaround in the game hub on your console. It's impossible to get a match going in-game. A week or two delay could have fixed most of

A week or two delay could have fixed most of this. A soft launch/extended beta also could have fixed things.

Patches should be coming this week (5/30/2017), but I don't know that for sure, or that it'll fix everything. I'm out $40 and now at the mercy of these developers to follow through on their promises.
  5. Jun 1, 2017
    This is unacceptable I understand its crowd funded by a half ass studio, but to launch with no match making, and even when you join a private match 2 out of every 3 games crashes and you get no credit for the match. I just hope no one else pisses away their money on this game.
  6. Jul 28, 2017
    One of the most broken games to be released for $40. Broken matchmaking, frequent disconnects, unreasonable banning, and stupid mechanics (skinny teenagers in the 80s can only run for 3 seconds until they run out of stamina). This game is only worth $20 at most. Go for Dead by Daylight if you want a similar, but much more fair send refined, game
  7. Jul 10, 2017
    Apparently the devs have gone on a banning spree against some people who "say mean things" in the game voicechat. As if the game wasn't PEGI 18+, as if the game wasn't about murdering people, as if the game characters didn't have a vocabulary consisting of more than 50% of curse words.
    A murder game sure isn't the first place I'd think of to build a safe space...
  8. May 27, 2017
    This game is terrible and unless you like waiting forever due to laggy servers and then getting into a glitch filled game, don't waste your money. The company also has the worst customer service I have ever experienced and seems to only want your money.
  9. Jul 15, 2017
    i would love to give this game a higher rating. I was so excited when i bought it. then we had launch issues. alright, i"m aware that this type of thing happens sometimes so i didn't let it bug me too much. the game was a lot of fun and i assumed the whole disconnecting from every game would subside. then we got patches and everything was going fine....Except you still get kicked out ofi would love to give this game a higher rating. I was so excited when i bought it. then we had launch issues. alright, i"m aware that this type of thing happens sometimes so i didn't let it bug me too much. the game was a lot of fun and i assumed the whole disconnecting from every game would subside. then we got patches and everything was going fine....Except you still get kicked out of 8 of every 10 games. It's absolutely ridiculous that i can barely make it all the way through any matches! fix the servers and i"m sure a lot of ratings go up. i love playing but I just can't handle getting kicked anymore. Expand
  10. Aug 11, 2017
    Game is garbage, developers are garbage. Don't buy this. You have been warned. Ggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaa@aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggee|eeeeeeeeeee.
  11. Jul 8, 2018
    I like this game, but I don't really think it's worth the $40. Why release a half-assed project? UPDATE: I originally rated it a 4, but i have not been able to play an online game in days. **** this game. Not sure if I'll buy another product from these companies.
  12. Oct 28, 2018
    I have played a lot of games over the years, but this definitely tops the list of the most broken, unplayable piece of trash i have ever had the misfortune of wasting my time on. Even when playing as jason, you have no advantage whatsoever, dont waste your money to avoid disappointment, even when on sale, it is simply not even worth a penny. Incredibly disappointed with this game, had soI have played a lot of games over the years, but this definitely tops the list of the most broken, unplayable piece of trash i have ever had the misfortune of wasting my time on. Even when playing as jason, you have no advantage whatsoever, dont waste your money to avoid disappointment, even when on sale, it is simply not even worth a penny. Incredibly disappointed with this game, had so much potential, maybe if it had better devs, it could have been good, but as it stands, the worst game i have ever played. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jul 25, 2017
    Bugs aside, this trip to Camp Crystal Lake is a bloody irresistible delight. [Sept 2017, p.73]
  2. Jul 6, 2017
    It’s been more than 30 years since the Friday the 13th franchise launched, and nearly 30 since the last game was released. While graphically and technically superior to the 1989 NES game, gamers now have higher standards, and unfortunately Friday the 13th hasn’t lived up to those. A myriad of bugs, server issues, and gameplay glitches plague the summer camp, and at times it feels like Jason isn't the only problem you need to worry about.
  3. Jul 3, 2017
    Friday the 13th: The Game invites us to survive a night in Crystal Lake. We must flee as campers or kill if we are Jason. Although the idea is a good one and the matches are fun, there isn’t content enough and in the technical aspects the game aren't up to snuff.