6.9

1. Feb 14, 2015
    A chaotic and fast-paced multiplayer sports game that's best played with as many people as possible. Often the shear amount of craziness makes the game a hectic blast. Yet even among all the chaos is a solid, very technical game. You're not going to win without skill online.

Like all good competitive games mastering it is going to take some time and maybe some good partners. The competition is real and the social features are excellently included. Tournaments are a regular occurrence and the interaction with Twitter and Twitch is something that helps being it to life. However that may mean seeing some inappropriate Tweets at the bottom of your screen. The community is far from mature.

However for all of the multiplayer madness this title offers it's not one I really feel compelled to get competitive with. For me the online multiplayer goes largely untouched. However I do feel that it's a great part game to break out the extra controllers for. Getting together and playing this with a group of friends is a blast whether you're competing or just watching. Solo play is an option due to a single-player story mode, but it's brief and honestly this isn't a game you're meant to play by yourself.

It's a crazy game that is at it's best when played with others. So unless the online multiplayer grabs you this is one that will probably only get played when you've got friends nearby. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I give the game a 7.9/10.
  2. Feb 25, 2015
    its good i Guess,

The game has pretty fun Multiplayer and lots of characters.

Although the game i found can get a bit boring but you can make teams,songs,banners,characters and more
  3. Mar 3, 2015
    In my opinion, the best kind of games are the ones that four best friends on the couch can play together. You get some friends to play this game with you, and you will all have a great time laughing your heads off or during half time when the "kiss cam" shows up through kinect and it places a forever alone face on your friend. What makes this game fun is the humor involved and if you haveIn my opinion, the best kind of games are the ones that four best friends on the couch can play together. You get some friends to play this game with you, and you will all have a great time laughing your heads off or during half time when the "kiss cam" shows up through kinect and it places a forever alone face on your friend. What makes this game fun is the humor involved and if you have friends to play it with. The gameplay is simple enough. Jump around a 2-D arena which has a goal on each end. Use RT to both shoot and knock the ball out of the opponents hand. Yes with the combination of friends, hilarious mini sections and games during half-time, crazy bouncing around gameplay, and the scrolling bar of people's tweets about #IDARB at the bottom of the screen, this game will keep you and your friends busy for hours on end. As for a person playing alone, I would rate this game 4/10, simply because you will have nearly no fun without the human interaction of your friends. I fell on the ground laughing after my friend smashed my other friend's bag of Doritos because of a lucky goal. Expand
  4. Feb 18, 2015
    Extremely fun, lovable and insane. One of the craziest and best sports games I've played in a while. Unfortunately it needs more single player options and better online connection and matchmaking.
  5. Feb 18, 2015
    For free it is definitely worth the add, but for the regular price it would get a little stale after a while for me. Having 8 people running around on one screen is something that is hard to beat though. All Xbox one owners should scoop this game up while it is free. It's a game that you will definitely thrown on every once in a while for some wild fast paced action. Not a huge fan of someFor free it is definitely worth the add, but for the regular price it would get a little stale after a while for me. Having 8 people running around on one screen is something that is hard to beat though. All Xbox one owners should scoop this game up while it is free. It's a game that you will definitely thrown on every once in a while for some wild fast paced action. Not a huge fan of some of the mechanics but overall, it is fun to play every once and a while. Expand
  6. Feb 1, 2015
    This game is all about the online multiplayer. It has to be the most addictive game I have ever played. There are some matchmaking issues but after one or two tries you find a match. Fast fun simple gameplay makes this a treat. I play with hashbombs off as I feel they detract from the game. This game also has online guest support so you can play up to 4v4 with a team of friends on yourThis game is all about the online multiplayer. It has to be the most addictive game I have ever played. There are some matchmaking issues but after one or two tries you find a match. Fast fun simple gameplay makes this a treat. I play with hashbombs off as I feel they detract from the game. This game also has online guest support so you can play up to 4v4 with a team of friends on your sofa.

an absolute gem and its currently free on xbox one. I do believe this to be the first (10) I have given a game.

trust me it deserves it
  7. Feb 13, 2015
    is the most fun game that i found in xbox one and if you don't engoy this is because you don't have friends, You can create your own player that's awesome!!!
  8. Feb 13, 2015
    The game came outta nowhere, heard about it on twitter. But come jan29 boom #IDARB shows up on Games With Gold and immediately i was transported back to 1988 and the mad competition that existed on the NES with BLADES OF STEEL! From start to finish this is hilarious competitive pure gaming competition. For what IDARB is, its amazing. Plus its probably one of the new gen old school 8 bitThe game came outta nowhere, heard about it on twitter. But come jan29 boom #IDARB shows up on Games With Gold and immediately i was transported back to 1988 and the mad competition that existed on the NES with BLADES OF STEEL! From start to finish this is hilarious competitive pure gaming competition. For what IDARB is, its amazing. Plus its probably one of the new gen old school 8 bit looking games that ill ever endorse. Because this is pure headups 1 vs 1 2 vs 2 insane competition multiplayer done right! Expand
  9. Apr 13, 2015
    This game is great for what it offers and each slow-motion replay gives that amazing feeling of exhilaration. This is a great free game to play with friends and the best part is that it is free.
  10. Feb 4, 2015
  11. Mar 6, 2015
    A pretty cool game. However there is only one map that you play on and it is rather large for an only two player multiplayer. Which brings me to the next note, it needs to be able to support larger multiplayer games, at least 2v2. Character customization is cool as well as team and theme song customization too. The halftime mini games are super fun and the hashbombs keep it interesting. AnA pretty cool game. However there is only one map that you play on and it is rather large for an only two player multiplayer. Which brings me to the next note, it needs to be able to support larger multiplayer games, at least 2v2. Character customization is cool as well as team and theme song customization too. The halftime mini games are super fun and the hashbombs keep it interesting. An overall fun game for a decent price. Expand
  12. Feb 10, 2015
    Best local competitive game you can play on consoles. Its easier to pick up than Smash Bros so new comers can compete, but incredibly rewarding to master. The sky's the limit when it comes to customization, if you can imagine it you can create it. Share it with qr codes, install any one else's. If you have an xb1 you have to get this (free this month).
  13. Feb 10, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best indie games I've ever played, Tim Schafer was right to help this along is in find on Twitter. Great design choices all around plays something akin to basketball & soccer while playing a platformer, while on drugs. Game is just good crazy fun! Multiplayer is great all around, #Hashtag bombs are awesome Expand
  14. Feb 9, 2015
    This game is extremely fun, by far one of the fun games so far in this generation. The 8 bit style is one of the best imitations of it since the NES era. The controls are simplistic but responsive. The gameplay is basically soccer and basketball in a vertical sense. There is also the rather extensive character, flag, and song creator. (Songs play when waiting for a match and it's post gameThis game is extremely fun, by far one of the fun games so far in this generation. The 8 bit style is one of the best imitations of it since the NES era. The controls are simplistic but responsive. The gameplay is basically soccer and basketball in a vertical sense. There is also the rather extensive character, flag, and song creator. (Songs play when waiting for a match and it's post game results. However as of this review if you're playing alone for online you'll always only get one opponent, if a friend is on the playing with you locally and you play online you'll get two, etc up to four. There is also no bots in the single player/local game oddly enough there are bots in a single player campaign like mode however you're stuck with one team. Expand
  15. Mar 13, 2015
    This game is really cool and is THE PERFECT FAMILY MINI GAME but there are certain things letting it down

Biggest problem IS THE LAG ONLINE, SERIOUSLY, THE FRAME RATE DROPS TO ABOUT 10 FPS. controls become harder as well when online THIS GAME HAS ONE TOO MANY CONTROLS THAT MAKES IT HARDER FOR THE CASUAL GAMER. having the thing where you wiggle the right thumbstick and go shooting of

THIS GAME HAS ONE TOO MANY CONTROLS THAT MAKES IT HARDER FOR THE CASUAL GAMER. having the thing where you wiggle the right thumbstick and go shooting of like a rocket is hard to get good at and feels unfair in online matches when playing others. One little thing is how you can make the other player confused and mess with the direction it goes into, performing the move for that is not easy.

THE PERFECT GAME FOR FRIENDS IN THE LIVING ROOM. no problems with frame rate and leaving alone the rocket boost thing and confusing other players, the game feels very balanced and fair.

THE AMOUNT OF PLAYABLE CHARACTERS IS CRAZY! there are so many cool characters to choose from,if you don't like any of them, you CAN CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTERS.

Being able to MAKE YOUR OWN COOL, FUNKY TUNES IS AWESOME! some people have created really cool little songs, these can be used in matches instead of the default music.

Personal belief: this game is perfect with friends and the characters are crazy! however, if you don't have any friends to play with and play online, the game is incredibly laggy and feels unresponsive. MAKE SURE TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS TO GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE!

16. Feb 3, 2015
    Fast, hectic, and loads of fun, this game is by far the best that ID@Xbox has offered up so far. The concept behind the game, asking the internet for help, and building the game from there is a stroke of genius. If you've got a smattering of followers on Twitch or Twitter the in-game "Hashbombs" add a whole new angle of social interaction never before seen in an Xbox game. Couple that withFast, hectic, and loads of fun, this game is by far the best that ID@Xbox has offered up so far. The concept behind the game, asking the internet for help, and building the game from there is a stroke of genius. If you've got a smattering of followers on Twitch or Twitter the in-game "Hashbombs" add a whole new angle of social interaction never before seen in an Xbox game. Couple that with the fact that, as of this writing, it's absolutely FREE, there is very little that this game leaves to desire. Expand
  17. Mar 25, 2015
    This is easily the most fun game I've played on Xbox One. Seriously! Luckily, I have two comrades who I play this game with almost daily, and the 3 v 3 online action is hilarious and sometimes exhilarating. It's a simple premise, but the fast paced movement mechanics, bounce multipliers, precision aiming, and sometimes chaotic action set the skill cap (and fun cap) very high.This is easily the most fun game I've played on Xbox One. Seriously! Luckily, I have two comrades who I play this game with almost daily, and the 3 v 3 online action is hilarious and sometimes exhilarating. It's a simple premise, but the fast paced movement mechanics, bounce multipliers, precision aiming, and sometimes chaotic action set the skill cap (and fun cap) very high. Unfortunately, the lack of more than two console multiplayer is a big knock on this one. If they can improve on the netcode and implement individual matchmaking, this would make the game an absolute blast for everyone, even those playing solo. Another welcome change would be the ability to add bots in local play. These additions would bump my score up to a perfect 10, but as of right now, it gets a solid 9 from me. If you have a group of friends that play games together in person.. get this, ASAP. Expand
  18. Jan 31, 2015
    As of the writing of this review, I've only played the single player and 1 vs. 1 online (no friends). However, if I had some extra controllers and people willing to team up with me, I can imagine this being a 10. Super unique, fun, fast-paced, and nuanced. I still don't quite understand the ins and outs of this game, but it has the potential to be something special.
  19. Apr 21, 2015
    #IDARB is a great overall game. It has nice textures and very amusing gameplay, BUT, and this is a big BUT, the online matchmaking FAILS morbidly. When you eventually find a game you either time out joining, or when you start playing it is so laggy and slow motion it makes you want to throw the controller at the screen.
  20. Mar 21, 2015
    With #IDARB's great idea for a new diverse gameplay style it creates an amazing multiplayer showdown. The game is quite simple yet very elegant, only one map but an immense list of usable characters. The game sets you in a face off between you and another user or many of you team against team. The one-on-one type of game I find is the most profound. Great game as well to get a group ofWith #IDARB's great idea for a new diverse gameplay style it creates an amazing multiplayer showdown. The game is quite simple yet very elegant, only one map but an immense list of usable characters. The game sets you in a face off between you and another user or many of you team against team. The one-on-one type of game I find is the most profound. Great game as well to get a group of friends together and play against each other competitively. Definitely worth the download or play if you have the chance to. Expand
  21. May 25, 2020
    #IDARB is a chaotic mix of soccer, basketball, hockey and Smash Bros. Easy to jump in to but difficult to master, #IDARB is a fun, goofy multi-player game to mess around with in either couch co-op or online play (although the former works a lot better). The game also has tons of customization options including the ability to create your own characters, songs and team logos. Not something I#IDARB is a chaotic mix of soccer, basketball, hockey and Smash Bros. Easy to jump in to but difficult to master, #IDARB is a fun, goofy multi-player game to mess around with in either couch co-op or online play (although the former works a lot better). The game also has tons of customization options including the ability to create your own characters, songs and team logos. Not something I would keep returning to, but definitely a unique and hectic multi-player experience. Expand
  22. Jun 4, 2018
    The game has pretty fun Multiplayer and lots of characters.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 2, 2015
    As a standalone arcade game it isn’t worth much. The multiplayer is what makes it great, whether it be local or online. It offers a face paced and ever-changing game space that can be fun for everyone.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Mar 30, 2015
    It's much like Twitter itself - raucous and ridiculous, funny but infuriating. [Apr 2015, p.122]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK