4.8

1. Feb 19, 2019
    I enjoyed the sound and visual art design of the game, As a fan of the anime battle genre I was really looking forward to Jump Force. So I was also hoping that they did each franchise justice. Unfortunately there may be a few nice moments there’s some issues that hold it back. I came away feeling a little indifferent. As soon as you begin the game you notice the extended loading time,I enjoyed the sound and visual art design of the game, As a fan of the anime battle genre I was really looking forward to Jump Force. So I was also hoping that they did each franchise justice. Unfortunately there may be a few nice moments there’s some issues that hold it back. I came away feeling a little indifferent. As soon as you begin the game you notice the extended loading time, some of it quite extreme. This isn’t the only problem you contend with a few technical issues which in turn effect the immersion can become affected because of this. When It was nice to see that the game had quite a decent roster for you to play and there’s also a decent selection of play modes as well. I would however recommend that you play the online mode though because the story mode failed to make an impact and on the whole it’s standard. Thankfully the combat elements don’t fall short and I did enjoy doing flash, energy, and scale behind the moves with the different character’s. This however isn’t enough to save the game from the other issues present and when it’s all said and done, Jump Force just doesn’t stand up, when you factor in the price of the game and the shortcomings it has. Id recommend buying the base game before considering a season pass for those who are interested in checking it out. Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2019
    Game is awesome. There seems to be an agenda to give this game low reviews. Some are as stupid because of "lack of female selectable characters" lol?

Anyways if you love fast past fighting games that keep you on the edge of your seat and you have split seconds to choose your method of attack this is for you. I think other fight fans dont like it because its not a game where you

I think other fight fans dont like it because its not a game where you learn a combo and go in a match with it premeditated knowing it works against 90% of your opponents because you have more hours into the game practicing it. You literally haved to adapt to every match and every opponent within split seconds to be victorious.Matches are pretty intense and there is always a comeback factor even if you are down a round.

I dont think some of the old heads can wrap their head around this.

Anyways dont listen to these powerhouse sites giving it a bad reviews its a fun fast paced intense game.
  3. Feb 16, 2019
    This review contains spoilers. Its a very nice game for anime fans. i think the price is not worth it but the hype is. You will enjoy if you love anime. Collapse
  4. Feb 13, 2019
    Very well done and worked, Cyberconnect 2 made a great game with a great story and great characters.
  5. Feb 13, 2019
    Story Mode was ok at best, but the gameplay and servers are almost perfect. This game is a major improvement for J-Stars and you should buy it if you enjoy Shonen anime
  6. Feb 13, 2019
    This is so so incredible game, one of best games of the year, Thank Cyberconnect2 and Bandai Namco, I LOVE YOU SOO MUCH.
  7. Feb 13, 2019
    O Jogo apresenta difusores únicos ali, que bem combinados tem um ótimo resultado, muito bem feito e trabalhado, peca em poucos pontos como:
    -Conclusão da História
    -Gráficos Realísticos tornam os personagens um pouco estranhos -Falta de mais Universos. Fora isso, o trabalhado em dublagem, construção de personagem, história e combate é muito bem trabalhado, com poucos bugs e uma boa dose
    -Conclusão da História
    -Gráficos Realísticos tornam os personagens um pouco estranhos
    -Falta de mais Universos.
    Fora isso, o trabalhado em dublagem, construção de personagem, história e combate é muito bem trabalhado, com poucos bugs e uma boa dose de diversão.
  8. Feb 13, 2019
    Só o que posso dizer é que o jogo é lindo, fluído e bem feito, tem lá seus pontos fracos como uma história um pouco clichê ou lenta, mas a gameplay e como os gráficos são introduzidos, é sensacional, uma obra prima da Bandai.
  9. Feb 17, 2019
    JUMP FORCE IS A CASH GRAB!

Jump Force is Bandai Namco's most recent example of exploiting Shonen Jump fans. The game just screams cash grab! Rant aside... I'll try to break down below why I think you shouldn't even pick this game up. GAMEPLAY - The fighting mechanics are shallow af. I acknowledge that Bandai Namco likely made it shallow so that more people can just pick up a
    JUMP FORCE IS A CASH GRAB!

GAMEPLAY
    - The fighting mechanics are shallow af. I acknowledge that Bandai Namco likely made it shallow so that more people can just pick up a controller and start throwing out Final Flashes and Getsuga Tenshous. Due to this likelihood, I think Jump Force really isn't much of a fighting game as it is a party game. It's fun for a couple of hours then it gets old. It's not going to get any attention from recognized fighting game tournaments. I don't see this game having any legs at all. It'll likely end up like My Hero One's Justice whose support ended in less time than you can say PLUS ULTRA!

ART STYLE
    - Likely due to the decision to adopt shiny 3D models to somehow marry all the different art styles of the Shonen characters into an acceptable middle ground, the art style thus looks awesome for some characters but totally weird for others.

ANIMATION
    - Slightly related to art style... since they opted for 3D models for the characters, you'd think the animation would look great. Unfortunately, it only looks passable during fights. Throwing out rush attacks and moving around did not feel smooth and was really janky, like you're playing a stop motion video. A lot of the animation is covered up by the explosions, particle effects, and bright lighting. Facial animation is nonexistent outside of static facial expressions.

CONTENT
    - What content? Jump Force has a Story Mode (I'll get to this one in a bit...), online versus, player vs ai, practice mode while waiting for matchmaking, a shallow Create-a-Character system... what else? That's Jump Force already.

STORY MODE
    - This is just effin' sad. You've got a roster of the most recognizable and beloved anime characters ever, and they get a throwaway **** Story mode with stiff animations, a cringey script, and forgettable plot. I'm not sure if which modern fighting game's story mode is worse now... SFV, MvCi, or Jump Force. Some people would say... "it's a fighting game. No one plays fighting games for the story. etc etc." Sure ok, a bunch of people just want to watch an action movie with their favorite action heroes for the explosions. There are also fans of those action heroes who want to see those characters develop. But fine, Jump Force obviously wasn't made with those fans in mind. What an incredible waste of an opportunity to make an awesome story involving so many awesome characters. The beloved Shonen characters do not deserve to be in something as poorly executed and half assed as Jump Force.
  10. Feb 21, 2019
    Un juego que parece que quisieron hacer un salto a la 3d, y no salio, de hecho me atrevo a decir que el nararuto rise of shipuden, se ve mejor y tiene mejor historia, la historia en si es aburrida, los personajes se ven muy mal hechos en esa version 3d, lo unico rescatable que veo de ahi, es el estilo de pelea, es un estilo que bueno, de lo que yo se, no ha habido ningun sistema de peleaUn juego que parece que quisieron hacer un salto a la 3d, y no salio, de hecho me atrevo a decir que el nararuto rise of shipuden, se ve mejor y tiene mejor historia, la historia en si es aburrida, los personajes se ven muy mal hechos en esa version 3d, lo unico rescatable que veo de ahi, es el estilo de pelea, es un estilo que bueno, de lo que yo se, no ha habido ningun sistema de pelea igual, el juego en si graficamente los escencarios se ven geniales y las peleas y lo que son los poderes son geniales, pero es lo unico que puedo rescatar de el juego, es por eso que le pongo 5 Expand
  11. Feb 23, 2019
    It is a pretty good game, I just wish that I could experience it better with a better format. The characters and gameplay are extraordinarily fun, however, when the cutscenes before and after the battles occur you can't help but laugh. Also, connection problems are horrendous.
  12. Apr 11, 2019
    This game is a joke on every point, they managed to ruin it on every aspect. And for the price the game is sold at, it makes it even more ridiculous.

First of all, the combat system. You don't have 1, nor 2, but 3 combos. That's it. But you'll most likely spam X throughout every fight. Not mix-up, no follow-up. Any hit on the enemy will eject him to the other side of the map with an invicibility shield up so you can just sit and wait until he gets back up to spam X again. All the special attacks deal approximatively the same amount of damage, which is based on the level of your character. So people end up using the same skills from the mediocre list of skills you can get from missions or the shop. Some characters have dozens and dozens of fighting skills in their anime/manga, yet this is reduced to 2 or 3 within the game. It is a pure shame. It makes all the fights feel the same, and make you feel like you wasted your time mastering the tedious counters that are available in the game.

Now the characters themselves, the animation and dialogues. It feels like they have never made a franchise game, and rely on such cliché only to make money, the whole thing done with the technology we used to make 1990 games with. The animation is AWFUL, no expression, no thrill, nothing. They took the basic catch phrases for each character and thought it was enough to fill up 500 dialogues throughout the game.
    - Goku : I'm hungry
    - Luffy : Me too ! Sanji will cook something amazing
    - Goku : Is he strong ? I want to fight strong people
    - Luffy : I'm gonna be the Pirate King !
    - Naruto : I want to be the Hokage, it seems we all have the same goal
    - Zoro : I'm lost

What is thinner than the plot story is the store. You chose something like 15 to 20 different anime/manga/worlds yet could only include 4 different outfits to make hardcore generic shonen fans happy. It's a complete void, everyone looks the same, because they also failed the character customization. I spent a good 30 minutes making it look exactly like I wanted, but when I entered the game, all the colors changed, the collision between hair and outfit is inexistant, making my character look so dumb on every cinematic. This character that doesn't even talk ONCE and whose name isn't mentionned ONCE by any other character in any conversation in any cinematic. Your character is a GHOST whom everyone else whorship as a god because you end up in every fight of the game as if you were the only one able to fight.

Lastly, the game overall is like going to the doctor. You wait 30 minutes in the waiting hall to get a painful experience in the end. The loading screens are so long that after a week of playthrough I was able to finish a whole 24 episode anime, watching here and here between fights. All this waiting to have a boring fight against a bad-made AI who will wait for you to come at the far end of the map to spam Ultimate skills 5 to 6 times in a single fight whenever you dare approaching.

In conclusion, this was a great FIFA: Black Ops unlimited experience that was made only for money. Trying to look compelling to young fans with catch phrases and iconic features while putting everything else aside. I did not have a single minute of fun playing this, only sadness and susprise when I ended a fight with 16,329 X counters in a row for 2 damage to that 5000 health bar.

Absolutely awful
  13. Apr 28, 2019
    Once the initial high of the flashy fighting wares off, Jump Force is revealed to be a terrible fighting game and a huge disappointment.

The graphics and lack of animation is beyond abyssmal. Look up cutscenes on Youtube to get a good laugh. The fighting is so basic it makes literally any other fighting game, even mediocre ones, look amazing. The roster is the only good thing going (which some of the cool characters like Seto Kaiba and All Might aren't in unless you have the season pass). The story sucks, the missions are boring, the hub world is unnecessary and way too big, you can't even customize your character as much as you'd expect. And the load screens are abundant and long.

I really wanted to like Jump Force but I cannot recommend this even to fans of My Hero Academia, Black Clover, the "Big Three", JoJo fans, or any shonen fans. I spent $60+ on this game and the season pass and immediately regret it. Spend your money elsewhere!
  14. Feb 16, 2019

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Mar 9, 2019
    It's the fights that really count, and they're crazy fun. [Issue#225, p.71]
  2. Feb 27, 2019
    Jump Force celebrates 50 years of Shonen Jump with an overall rushed game that could have been so much more.
  3. Feb 26, 2019
    Jump Force somehow only achieves mediocrity at best despite the star power found on its roster and the potential that comes with that cast. The characters are indeed faithfully recreated, stylish abilities and all, but nothing feels seamless. From the horrible cutscenes and choppy combat animations to the struggling frame rate, everything feels cut together haphazardly. Jump Force looks like an excellent idea on paper as a crossover containing over 40 characters from various Shonen Jump series, but in practice, the vision falls flat due to a serious lack of polish.