6.9

1. Jan 21, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is a tough game to review.

At its core, it’s a formula for fun, and fun is exactly what I had playing it. Just Cause 3 puts you once again in the drivers seat of Spiderman… I mean Rico Rodriguez, the handsome, grizzled facial haired superhuman that is capable of absorbing more bullets than an M1 Abrams and who is in possession of more parachutes than the entire 101st
    Just Cause 3 is a tough game to review.

At its core, it’s a formula for fun, and fun is exactly what I had playing it.

Just Cause 3 puts you once again in the drivers seat of Spiderman… I mean Rico Rodriguez, the handsome, grizzled facial haired superhuman that is capable of absorbing more bullets than an M1 Abrams and who is in possession of more parachutes than the entire 101st Airborne Division.

The story is bland and uninteresting and I couldn’t bring myself to care about any of the characters who were boring and one dimensional cardboard cutouts… and the Story missions are the ultimate downfall of this game but we’ll come to that in a minute.

Ultimately the games strengths lie in its fun core mechanics, grapple hooking, parachuting and the now wing suiting around is a real pleasure, especially when you unlock some of the “Mods” for the game, a fantastic innovation that involves you completing various challenges across the map to enhance your various abilities such as grapple, wing suiting, weapons, explosives etc.

These mods do various things such as provide speeds boosts, strengthen your grapple hook so you can pull down some of the larger structures you’re required to destroy in order to liberate towns and bases, or even more hilarious enhancements such as jet packs on your explosives so they will send whatever object you’ve attached it to in a direction until they explode but what makes them so great is that you don’t HAVE to use any of them if you don’t want and they can be turned on and off at random.

The best aspects of the game is the liberation aspect, it involves you liberating towns and bases all across the fictional nation of “Medici” from the evil dictator General Sebastiano Di Ravello who is actually the strongest character in the game, these range from small outposts and hamlets, to relatively sprawling cities and massive military complexes… a nice touch is after each settlement is liberated the radio will play announcing the victory, with towns and cities it’s the “liberation radio” but with military bases there’s hilarious announcements by the government radio trying to cover up your victory.

But the worst aspect is ironically the story itself, almost every single mission in this game is an escort quest… why?

That’s my only question… early in the game I started to notice this problem was really pronounced and I’m not putting this down necessarily to difficulty but as an example, I first noticed how ridiculous this was when I was forced to protect cardboard cutout character A7, who gets in a pickup truck and tries to drive across the country to get to a helicopter that will take him to safety, I was forced to try to protect him from what I can only describe as the 2nd Mechanized division, at one intersection the pickup truck was intercepted by two helicopters, 3 Humvees and a tank… eventually after picking up some MODS I was able to use my tethers to bring everything down but that was only the beginning.

I got about halfway through the story, riding this crap wave of escort quests until I finally gave up when I was once again forced to protect cardboard cutout idiot A7 and an EMP device or something in a seaside cove… From now what I would describe as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th armies of the entire country.

It was no problem up until the 7th Fleet arrived and I had to parachute across the bay to deal with them… Once that was over I couldn’t get back in time to save cardboard cutout A7 who was hit with 2 helicopters and 3 tanks with rotating invincibility shields that blew cardboard cutout A7 to smithereens and sending me very far back in the mission.

Nope, sorry Square Enix this is not 1997 and escort quests of this nature are quite frankly **** and you can shove them up your arse, thanks for the fun everywhere except the story though,

GGKBYETHXLOLZ.
  2. Dec 28, 2015
    If you're looking for a game that has fast, action-packed game and plenty of side activities then Just Cause 3 is the perfect game for you but if you're looking for a game that has a compelling story-line, interesting characters then Just Cause 3 is not the perfect game for you since that's what the story missions lack.

One of my major gripes with the game is that the frame-rate (On

One of my major gripes with the game is that the frame-rate (On Xbox One) is absolutely POOR! When there is a lot of action, explosions going then the game's frame rate just takes a massive nose dive which sometimes makes the game unplayable and can actually ruin the experience. It should also be noted that the load times can be quite lengthy as well! I can't help but think Avalanche/Sqaure Enix should have pushed this game a few months back to polish the game up and add final tweaks.

For a time being, I'd wait for the game to come down at a cheaper price and see if the developers of the game has addressed the issues with frame-rate and loading times.
  3. Jul 26, 2016
    Overall this game performs well but runs dry after a while of playing it. It lacks a storyline of different gameplay.
    All you do is go to a base, kill some people and blow everything up, and that is fun to do but thats all the game is. As its main part of the game, destruction does not take place as much as it is retailed for in my opinion, there are gasoline tanks, vehicles, statues, walls of bases, and a few bridges that are destructible, the rest is not, again it lacks content.
    I would like this game so much more if it had a multiplayer, as one of gamers favorite things to do is blow sh*t up with friends.
    The graphics hold up to be quite well and though the loading screens are quite long, it is not a major killer for the game.
    Graphics 8.5/10
    Gameplay 6/10
    Price 8/10
    Plot 6.5/10
    Total 7.25/10
  4. Dec 8, 2015
    The game itself is fun, the story is horrible. That's the usual stuff with Just Cause by now.
    But the performance und XBO is horrible, as soon as something explodes you get 20 frames or even less.

Do not buy before they patch it!
  5. Dec 1, 2015
    i really wanted to enjoy this game, after being a huge fan of the previous just cause game i was hoping for something great, but unfortunately this edition to the series wasn't the game i was expecting, it sounds awesome flying round blowing things up, but the thing that makes this game disappointing is the complete lack of civilians and any areal sign of life in the world, you may see 1i really wanted to enjoy this game, after being a huge fan of the previous just cause game i was hoping for something great, but unfortunately this edition to the series wasn't the game i was expecting, it sounds awesome flying round blowing things up, but the thing that makes this game disappointing is the complete lack of civilians and any areal sign of life in the world, you may see 1 or 2 civilians walking around every 5 mins which considering the fun you can have flinging civilians around with the grapple hook its a shame there isn't more NPC and its a shame they didn't realize this was a problem in JC2 and make it better for this game, it just doesn't feel like the huge improvement people were expecting, now don't get me wrong there is fun to be had in this game, im not siting here saying this game is 'compete' garbage but methods of fun feel stale and quite limited, but they're is 2 huge things that in fact no 3 things that really decided to put this game at 7 and put in in the top section of mixed and not in positive is 1.camera angles at times are really frustrating and can often get you either killed or put you off track what you were tying to do. 2.the car physics and handling of cars feels horrible, and i understand they were going for an arcade feel to the driving, which is cool that sound good, but they didn't pull it off, cars are very slow going round corners and can often understear a lot however this can depend on the car, and 3.which is a big one, FPS , now this could be a launch day bug and it could be fixed , and if it is i apologise please ignore this point but if it is still a problem then it is a 'problem' the whole point of this game is to blow **** up right, but when you blow **** up the console can often lag and the fps can drop rapidly which is infuriating when you just wanna get on and blow **** up but the game is running like an 1860's ice maker, it just embarrassing not only for avalanche for releasing a game clearly not capable of running smoothly with high combat but also for Microsoft who clearly have put wool over peoples eyes and obviously the Xbox one is as advanced as we thing ,but before i go of on a tangent about Xbox ones i just wanna summarize by saying that the games is fun don't get me wrong but don't be expecting hours after hours of fun on it because it can get boring quickly, and as fr the FPS well hopefully is fixed soon :) Expand
  6. Feb 15, 2016
    Eh, not bad at all, but something definitely seems to be missing with this game. The game play and explosions are better than before, but the map has far less locations than the last game making the map feel rather empty and lifeless. The character feels like a generic military buff this time around with the voice to match. The devs kept hyping the story yet it's very generic and barelyEh, not bad at all, but something definitely seems to be missing with this game. The game play and explosions are better than before, but the map has far less locations than the last game making the map feel rather empty and lifeless. The character feels like a generic military buff this time around with the voice to match. The devs kept hyping the story yet it's very generic and barely gets the job done. The biggest sin this game commits is forcing the players to do these challenges to unlock skills essential to game play. The challenges themselves are phoned in and uninspired. If you can't be bothered to do these side activities (I don't blame you if you don't) then you will be using the same few moves throughout the game. Also, why did they take out he whip meele move and replaced it with this lame shoulder push. Visually, this game shines and is probably one of the best looking games of this generation so far with a detailed map and a very well done view distance. Overall, get it on sale. Expand
  7. Dec 1, 2015
    The frame rate, story and characters are wack, but everything else is good, after they fix the obvious problems, this game to me will be a 8 out of 10 game.
  8. Dec 4, 2015
    I spent a few good hours playing the story mode and free roam, but I just didn't really feel drawn in by the game. The grappling hook option is super cool at first, allowing you to soar around all over and get pretty much anywhere on the map, but it grows tedious after awhile. It feels like the game developers thought creating a big ass map would make up for the mediocre/overused/recycledI spent a few good hours playing the story mode and free roam, but I just didn't really feel drawn in by the game. The grappling hook option is super cool at first, allowing you to soar around all over and get pretty much anywhere on the map, but it grows tedious after awhile. It feels like the game developers thought creating a big ass map would make up for the mediocre/overused/recycled game plot and supporting characters. Driving is another weird thing I noticed...it was like they used driving mechanics from an original Xbox game, and hoped we wouldn't notice. The other sketchy part about the game is the explosions and the world destruction. It's nice to see pretty much everything break down if you blast into it, shoot it, etc, but I felt like I was watching destruction physics that were super cheesy and outdated. The game just doesn't seem like it's complete in a lot of areas, especially for a next gen console. If you're a HUGE fan of the Just Cause series, or if you love mindless sandbox games in general, this might be your perfect fit. Maybe consider renting it before you buy though, I'm certainly glad I did. Expand
  9. Jan 28, 2016
    Not quite as good as the two previous games. All that beautiful ocean and nothing to do in it. Load times are torturous and really test your patience. There are a lot of crashes and some issues with the map not showing items that can stop you from progressing in the game. These are serious issues but it is a Just Cause game so it can be forgiven. Why? Just cause.
  10. Apr 24, 2016
    Do you ever feel like parachuting into a military base and using a RPG to blow up anything in sight? Well that's Just Cause 3, You will spend most the game going from Cites,Towns and Military Bases and destroying them. The game takes place in a tropical island in the middle of a Military Dictatorship, You are part of the rebel group and I'm sure you see where this is going. The highlightsDo you ever feel like parachuting into a military base and using a RPG to blow up anything in sight? Well that's Just Cause 3, You will spend most the game going from Cites,Towns and Military Bases and destroying them. The game takes place in a tropical island in the middle of a Military Dictatorship, You are part of the rebel group and I'm sure you see where this is going. The highlights from Just Cause for me have to be using your Grappling hook and wing suit to fly across the map like a superhero or just thinking of new ways to destroy everything. The game is fairly simple with not much depth, If you don't enjoy the simplicity of just killing everything with not much of a story then you won't really enjoy Just Cause 3. It seems like a game you play for a bit then move on, not much with the game keeps you playing or draws you in. Expand
  11. Mar 21, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is an interesting game, but repetitive. Just Cause 3 is an action game with a very simple story, but the game never tried to change that, with this, this simple story was deliberate. The gameplay is very fun, explode, fly, and blast again is very good, but even with many varieties of weapons, vehicles, and explosions, Just Cause can become repetitive (the missions are oftenJust Cause 3 is an interesting game, but repetitive. Just Cause 3 is an action game with a very simple story, but the game never tried to change that, with this, this simple story was deliberate. The gameplay is very fun, explode, fly, and blast again is very good, but even with many varieties of weapons, vehicles, and explosions, Just Cause can become repetitive (the missions are often simple and similar). Visually the game is beautiful, but what is most striking are the explosions, they are extremely well made, and can even say that they are innovative; the soundtrack does not have anything special. The maor problem of this game are the bugs, are many and are annoying (but some are funny). Overall, Just Cause 3 is a very fun and beautiful game visually, however, has a simple story, it is repetitive and possesses many bugs. 7.5 / 10 Expand
  12. Aug 6, 2016
    Just Cause 3. All hype.

Just Cause 3 is extremely overrated in my opinion.Yes the grappling hook and other abilities make the game insane fun. But,who wants to have to play a ton of escort missions to unlock them? The gunplay isn't great either,and the AI is dumber than dirt for both enemies and allies. The game looks great,but the framerate is horrid,particularly on XB1 and
    Just Cause 3. All hype.

But,who wants to have to play a ton of escort missions to unlock them?

The game looks great,but the framerate is horrid,particularly on XB1 and PS4.

Overall,Just Cause 3 is all hype,no quality.
  13. Mar 10, 2016
    The game is pretty funny while you are playing the campaign and liberating settlements but the story is terrible and the missions are just go here, defend this, kill that. There are no side missions and also once story is done there is really nothing else to do in the game.
    I found myself quickly bored after completed the story and the challenges which are required to unlock stuff are boring and repetitive.
    The game has 1 min loading times and TERRIBLE performance. Dipping towards 15fps
    The game is OK but I would only pick up for really cheap
  14. Mar 6, 2016
    I have very mixed feelings about this game. The physics are amazing and the tethering system offers hours of laughter and fun, but that's where the good ends. The plot is predictable and it's the same thing over and over again. Driving and shooting feels very awkward. In some vehicles it feels like I'm going to break the joystick just trying to turn, and in some brakes are nonexistent.I have very mixed feelings about this game. The physics are amazing and the tethering system offers hours of laughter and fun, but that's where the good ends. The plot is predictable and it's the same thing over and over again. Driving and shooting feels very awkward. In some vehicles it feels like I'm going to break the joystick just trying to turn, and in some brakes are nonexistent. The worst part are the frame rate drops. Every time the action picks up the frame rate dips below 20FPS and it becomes unplayable. Expand
  15. Dec 14, 2015
    It's fun but I got bored of it really fast. The combat is lifeless, it doesn't feel solid when you hit someone. The biggest let down of this otherwise great game is the controls. It feels unruly. The writing takes some getting used to, like a sub par netflix exclusive but you can look past it eventually. The gameplay itself is great but the controls need to be alot tighter.
  16. Feb 18, 2016
    The first thing you need to do when making a shooter is remember, no matter what gimmicks your game mechanics revolve around, the guns are ALWAYS the star. This game has some of the most generic and boring guns you will find current gen. The only interesting weapons are ones that have very little ammo, like the launchers, and even they get boring after a short while.

The game does,

The game does, however, have greatly improved functionality for the grappling hook, allowing you to set multiple hooks and upgrade their strength

bottom line, if you don't plan on being **** for 4 weeks straight and want to buy a game to play while drunk, don't buy this game.
  17. Feb 23, 2016
    Enjoyable but insanely the camera control also controls direction! How could they make this mistake!
    Also Text and Maps way too small
    Car control and feel nice when driving slow but horrible when fast
    Shooting too random, zoom scope would be nice
    Should be able to name points on the map and save points to go back to instantly
  18. Mar 21, 2016
    Really liked it, however I have some complaints. The story is short and seems forced. The world is big, but there isn't much in between. I have also experienced lag. Overall it is a highly entertaining experience.
  19. Feb 20, 2017
    Even if destroying all of Medici is funny, the story and the base are quickly boring. The journey are too long, with the vehicles or with the wingsuit. Also I'm always attacked by the army and when I use the wingsuit in the forest I'm hurting myself against the trees. Some of the activities are very harder than others. The game is still fun but it could be much better.
  20. Nov 19, 2017
    At beginning this game is unplayable without DLCs especially without rocket wingsuit because travelling without that is terrible. Grappling with wingsuit is more about smashing into the ground than gaining a speed. Car controls are so bad and that camera make it even worse and also when you braking it wanna drift what is really annoying. Helicopters, planes and boats aren't so bad butAt beginning this game is unplayable without DLCs especially without rocket wingsuit because travelling without that is terrible. Grappling with wingsuit is more about smashing into the ground than gaining a speed. Car controls are so bad and that camera make it even worse and also when you braking it wanna drift what is really annoying. Helicopters, planes and boats aren't so bad but still nothing great. That is reason to use just rocket wingsuit. Sometimes there are big FPS drops. Then there are so much occupied stations and challenges. After while it is boring and also some challenges are almost impossible to beat at 5 gears. Expand
  21. Aug 18, 2018
    "Just Cause 3" is an open-world action title that blends "Saints Row" with "Far Cry 3". Unfortunately, the terrible framerate kills the experience on Xbox One. The game literally reverts to slow-motion every time a huge explosion goes off. That's a real shame cause blowing up stuff is what you'll be doing most of the time. Gameplay is mindless fun, but can get repetitive as you liberate"Just Cause 3" is an open-world action title that blends "Saints Row" with "Far Cry 3". Unfortunately, the terrible framerate kills the experience on Xbox One. The game literally reverts to slow-motion every time a huge explosion goes off. That's a real shame cause blowing up stuff is what you'll be doing most of the time. Gameplay is mindless fun, but can get repetitive as you liberate towns all over the map. Thankfully, you can partake in numerous side-missions and challenges to break the monotony. And just like in GTA, you can use any vehicle to travel. However, gliding with your parachute/wingsuit combo is more enjoyable (once you master it). Overall, the game has plenty of action and activities to do. It's just too bad it gets bogged down with a chuggy framerate. I would rate this with a 7.4 out of 10. Expand
  22. Dec 30, 2018
    Keyif = 7
    Atmosfer = 7
    Süre = 6
  23. Jun 20, 2019
    In this review, only the negative aspects of the game are considered. The purpose of this work is to help you to get a better decision on the purchase of the game

My Rating: 5 of 10

Weak points (Single player only):
    - Lacks a fascinating and complicated storyline
    - Weak and one-dimensional characterization
    - The story is long and tedious
    - The missions are not diverse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 3, 2016
    Just Cause 3 entertains at first with its symphony of destruction, but becomes repetitive. [Jan 2016]
  2. Jan 9, 2016
    The lasting memories of Just Cause 3 will be the small moments where everything comes together to make the most insignificant action feel like a unique event. The fact that all of the mechanics work together so seamlessly is impressive, but the magic is fleeting.
  3. Jan 8, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is the game for you, so long as the game you’re looking for is almost exclusively about bending the laws of man, nature and physics until they break for comedic effect.