6.3

1. Dec 9, 2018
    This game lacks content compared to previous games, its completely different and there are bugs galore. There is very little destruction for a game based around it, and the new capture system feels empty and uninteresting. The entire game feels like it was just left this way because of sunk costs.
    DO NOT BUY.
  2. Dec 11, 2018
    No spoilers here, just disappointment...This game could have been so much, instead it's a merciless cash grab of the worst kind. Please feel free to check out a full review at Levelskip here.

3. Dec 8, 2018
    The presentation side of the game has a few shortcomings here and there I still enjoyed what both the visuals and sound design delivered. There is a solid selection of missions for you to play through and each mission has variety which make each mission feel important. When in full flow the gameplay can be an incredible amount of fun and will no doubt satisfy you like its predecessor. IThe presentation side of the game has a few shortcomings here and there I still enjoyed what both the visuals and sound design delivered. There is a solid selection of missions for you to play through and each mission has variety which make each mission feel important. When in full flow the gameplay can be an incredible amount of fun and will no doubt satisfy you like its predecessor. I really enjoyed the new addition of weather effects because it does impact the overall gameplay from time to time. Unfortunately the game suffers with a few technical issues occasionally and then which do hold the game back some. The story present in the game failed to hit the mark in several areas and was nothing too overly special. When played for long periods the game does get repetitive quite quickly and things do start to become tedious, but I have a similar feeling when playing the beloved GTA series. The Just Cause series is a series that I like but in some ways I’m often left wanting more because it does lack in certain area, hopefully the DLCs and updates correct the shortcomings. Despite this though I still enjoyed Just Cause 3 so there was quite a bit of interest from me when it came to Just Cause 4, and for the most part this new addition to the franchise was very enjoyable but once again it had a few shortcomings that ultimately held it back, but I did enjoy the improved frame rate and new playability. Thankfully though the shortcomings aren’t profound in all areas and when in full flow the game offers you an action-packed and at times thrilling experience, but I would recommend that you play the game in short bursts though. The reason I say this is because it gets repetetive quite quickly and the story doesn’t really do anything to help ease this repetetiveness because there isn’t much that really stands out in the narrative. This is a shame because the missions have been done really well with tons of variety present in each one and it would’ve been nice to have seen this variety present in the story as well. At the end of the day then Just Cause 4 is pretty much a mixed bag but in the end it probably does just enough to get a recommendation from me because it has introduced new aspects such as weather effects and new weapons so fans of the series will find enough that satisfies them here. As stated earlier I would expect a lot of improvement and DLC to come as did JC3. Definitely worth checking out, so thumbs up. Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2018
    JC4 has the same great action hero combat as its predecessors, and possibly then some. JC4's story isn't great, but that's not what the franchise is known for anyways. Where this game really hits poorly is its graphical choices(?) and textures. Really buggy pop in textures at times and just looks poor overall. The cutscenes especially are possibly the worst I've seen this entire gameJC4 has the same great action hero combat as its predecessors, and possibly then some. JC4's story isn't great, but that's not what the franchise is known for anyways. Where this game really hits poorly is its graphical choices(?) and textures. Really buggy pop in textures at times and just looks poor overall. The cutscenes especially are possibly the worst I've seen this entire game generation for a AAA game.

There have been multiple times where I recommend a past entry to a franchise rather than a current one because its a better game, but I have never been able to say that a past entry in franchise looks graphically and artistically better than the current one....until now.

Overall: Good gameplay, unimpressive story, is pretty buggy, and has absolutely HORRIBLE graphics. A fun game, but had the opportunity to be way better than it is!

Reviewed on the XBOX ONE X
  5. Dec 4, 2018
    This game is real scam. Masterminds of Square/Avalanche are trying to sell you product that is currently in Alpha state, because they need to catch some sales during the Christmas time.
    If you wonder why there are only PC and no console reviews day after the game is out, i'll tell you- it's awful on consoles - low res textures, 720p ps2-era cinematics, lot's of pop-in textures. Square doesn't even allow to critics talk about technical issues or post any cinematics of the game, cuz they are completely broken.

Stay away from this!
  6. Dec 5, 2018
    The game as it currently sits is unplayable. I attempted to get through the tutorial however the motion blur made me physically ill and I got very sick as a result. Until the issue of motion blur is fixed this is a do not buy.
  7. Dec 5, 2018
    Playing on Xbox One X

First, the good: It's Just Cause, so destruction and explosions are front and center. The game is incredibly fun. The physics and using the new devices bring another level of craziness to the open world genre. A ton of stuff to do The new map system and using recruits to take over regions is new and pretty neat The bad: Mostly more of the same from JC3
    Playing on Xbox One X

First, the good:

It's Just Cause, so destruction and explosions are front and center.
    The game is incredibly fun.
    A ton of stuff to do

The bad:

Mostly more of the same from JC3
    The game seems kind of dark in some areas for some reason - maybe HDR is not used correctly in the game
    The graphics are not the best, but good enough
    The story is non-existent
    Why no reviews for the console versions of this game? PC reviews are everywhere. Seems Avalanche knows the game is not up to snuff on the consoles.

Overall:

If you are a Just Cause fan, you will love it. Although the graphics are not top level, they are good enough to enjoy the game. Seems suspicious that there are no console reviews up yet. I suspect Avalanche had to dial down the graphics to make game run better because of all the physics going on. The game is a lot of fun and if you look at the game from that viewpoint, you will enjoy it.
  8. Dec 4, 2018
    This game shows the true genre of Super-Destruction, with great implementations of Co-op, new ways of blowing things up, good graphics adaptations to be fairer compared to Game 3, and undoubtedly a great story that explores the whole story of Rico Rodriguéz, showing why everything is going to be like that with Black Hand, Avalanche really got over this time.
  9. Dec 25, 2018
    As a fan and owner of Just Cause 3 and all of its DLCs I think I have a valid opinion as I say that this game is actually the most forgettable thing I have played all year. As some others may have mentioned the gameplay is identical to its predecessor except for the fact that balloons have been added to your wrist rocket. Graphical improvements are essentially unnoticeable and sideAs a fan and owner of Just Cause 3 and all of its DLCs I think I have a valid opinion as I say that this game is actually the most forgettable thing I have played all year. As some others may have mentioned the gameplay is identical to its predecessor except for the fact that balloons have been added to your wrist rocket. Graphical improvements are essentially unnoticeable and side activities and objectives are buried in the map. And along with all of that the gameplay loop is so hollow it just wants you to keep playing and then... keep playing. Expand
  10. Dec 16, 2018
    I played Just Cause 2 once. I was surprised it was better than Just Cause 3. It's better than JC4, too. Don't waste your money! Its not just in the details. Some would say that boats not producing wake (that's not even the worst of the water) is bad. But compared to everything else this 'game' has to offer, it's nothing. I would DEFINITELY buy something different. I wish I bought GTA:SA.
  11. Dec 25, 2018
    Bad game no buy 4 me, I do not like de graphics and gameplay they are a downgrade, I say no good.
  12. Dec 30, 2018
    Being a Just Cause 3 fan, I was excited to get the 4th installment. What a disappointment. You no longer go into bases to destroy there infrastructure, you go throughout the region, destroy things to get "army of chaos", which then gives you ability for troops to overrun an area. After destroying a section it just respawns and is back the way it was in some cases just minutes after leavingBeing a Just Cause 3 fan, I was excited to get the 4th installment. What a disappointment. You no longer go into bases to destroy there infrastructure, you go throughout the region, destroy things to get "army of chaos", which then gives you ability for troops to overrun an area. After destroying a section it just respawns and is back the way it was in some cases just minutes after leaving it it destroyed. It's boring. The only good things are the improvements to the grappling hook. But additional changes to the menu screens can start you off a bit slower because of a new things to learn. Overall this is a huge disappointment. I find it interested that just 2 days ago there were almost no positive reviews. Everyone gave this 0,1 or 2. Now there are plenty of 10s and 9 ratings. I'm guessing employees of Avalanche Studios or Square Enix purhaps. Game has potential, but don't buy it now, wait 6 months for the price to go down and hopefully more content. I got in on sale for $42 on xbox live. This is at best a $30 game in it's current state. That's being generous. Expand
  13. Jan 1, 2019
    I felt so cheated by this game, I decided to create an account and leave a review. Has got to be one of the most amateur games I’ve seen in a long time. Worthy of N64 era but has no place in modern gaming. Ugly, glitchy, tedious, lame…

1. Jan 9, 2019
    Whether it is fatigue or poor implementation, Just Cause 4 doesn’t feel like a true sequel. The issues I had with the third game have been fixed, but I still fell off this game much faster than I had anticipated. I adored the second game, dealt with the third one, but this fourth entry just lost its appeal far too quickly. It might be time to rethink and restructure the series, or perhaps move on to a new idea.
  2. Dec 21, 2018
    Just Cause 4 keeps on with the series' tradition of over-the-top explosive action, thanks to an even more refined physics engine and lots of new tools at Rico's disposal. Unluckily, though, it fails on propelling the series to higher grounds, mainly due to a very repetitive mission structure, bad AI and a predictable plot.
  3. Dec 20, 2018
    From heat-pumping action centered around its extreme weather system to a traversal system that will keep players entertained for hours, Just Cause 4 delivers an experience that's likely to make any fan of the series up to this point happy. More importantly, it's far better than the lackluster affair that was Just Cause 3 and sets the series back on the right track, even if both games still don't do multiplayer.