I gave this the highest score within the red range. Let me tell you why you should avoid this game.
I LOVED Crimsonland and spent many hoursI gave this the highest score within the red range. Let me tell you why you should avoid this game.
I LOVED Crimsonland and spent many hours on it. It was so satisfying once I conquered it. But this game is NASTY difficult and annoying.
Here are the problems with it:
1. The 3 gun selections are all slow to fire and VERY slow to reload.
2. The power-ups only come when you level up and that comes so infrequently that it will BLOW YOUR MIND.
3. The play area is so small for a game of its type. Imagine a game like Crimsonland with double the enemies and a quarter of the space to run around in.
4. The "hex" floor keeps rising and lowering. That combined with the falling objects cause your path to always be blocked and you wind up getting cornered and unable to move with hoardes approaching from all sides. Very frustrating.
5. Hoards and hoards of zombies. You may think that sounds cool, but just when you get excited about fighting off a hoard of zombies to the north (backpedaling while firing), another hoard approaches from the west. So you compensate your path. If the rising floor or campers don't block your path so that you are fighting at a combined hoard of 100+ with only a slow pistol or shotgun and RARE powerups, then another hoarde will be approaching from the east or south.
There are only a total of 1 or 2 powerups that can truly get you out of a tough spot. Powerups are rare to begin with but these 2 are even more rare.
For those who love this genre, the previews and game clips showed awesome potential, but in the end, after a solid 50 to 100 tries, this game will bring nothing but anger, frustration, and regret for having spent the money on it.
Avoid this title and play Crimsonland if you haven't already.
Its a shame because with just a couple of minor fixes, this game could be awesome.
Lastly, the reason I didn't score it lower than a 4 was because it did have a few interesting moment with a few of the power-ups or weapons. What a shame there weren't more of them. Also the animation was cool and the minimalist environment was fine.
So sad.… Expand