7.3

1. May 22, 2020
    It’s really fun and new experience. Still I couldn’t find bug yet. Character is so attractive
    I guess that there is plenty of play time.
  2. May 22, 2020
    Very fun game, it’s like Feed and Grow Fish (PC) and Grand Theft Auto had a baby and that baby grew up with its uncle Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. I feel like it has just the right amount of difficulty, I died quite a bit early on but the more I fought harder enemies the more I learned. I love the narration throughout too, it’s like youVery fun game, it’s like Feed and Grow Fish (PC) and Grand Theft Auto had a baby and that baby grew up with its uncle Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. I feel like it has just the right amount of difficulty, I died quite a bit early on but the more I fought harder enemies the more I learned. I love the narration throughout too, it’s like you are in the middle of a TV show but from the perspective of the shark, very unique. The graphics are good as well and I’ve had no frame rate issues, also I haven’t ran into any bugs so far. I wish there was a stat section where it showed how many of each fish and enemy you’ve eaten and how many deaths you have and what killed you, I think that would be cool and I don’t think it’s gonna be the longest game ever, but it’s only $40 so I wasn’t expecting it to be. I hope this game does well so they can expand on it with DLC like multiplayer perhaps. I haven’t completed the game yet, but after playing for 4 hours last night I feel like I can safely recommend this game to everyone. There are plenty of $60 games I’ve bought and not had even close to as much fun as I’ve had already playing this game. Expand
  3. May 22, 2020
    I'm lazy so for me to write a review for a game it must be good, for $40 I'm really surprised with how much fun I've had with this game. the level system is done well. Graphics are ok, Water could be better.
  4. May 25, 2020
    It's a great game when working, has some flaws but I can't fault the fun factor. I genuinely love the game when it's working.

HOWEVER it's currently overheating consoles to the point they shutdown (Xbox One S/X & PS4 Pro) meaning many people can't play at the moment. There's also a save corruption issue that has resulted in many players getting near the end but having to restart. No ETA of these issues being fixed.

It's not a recommended buy in its current state. Tripwire are also ignoring please for allowing refunds via PSN/Xbox store while they sort the issue...
  5. SRC
    May 24, 2020
    Instant classic. This is just what we need right now! Brilliant game dynamics and stunning level design. Lots to explore and discover. Well balanced player evolution as well. A chomping good time:) Thank you devs, it was well worth the wait!
  6. May 23, 2020
    Really nicely Hungry Shark 3D Mode. I like it. But game is small, 9hrs for 95% is not enough and i want more!
  7. May 24, 2020
    Are the objectives repetitive? Yes. Do you just spam the attack button? Yes. But who cares, it’s just fun! I applaud the developers because they took a risk and it paid off. There really isn’t anything like this game out. Personally, I have experienced zero bugs and I also think the art direction is fantastic. The graphics are great and each location is completely different from the othersAre the objectives repetitive? Yes. Do you just spam the attack button? Yes. But who cares, it’s just fun! I applaud the developers because they took a risk and it paid off. There really isn’t anything like this game out. Personally, I have experienced zero bugs and I also think the art direction is fantastic. The graphics are great and each location is completely different from the others keeps the environments fresh and gorgeous. If you want a super involved game that’s going to offer you hundred of hours of game play, this isn’t for you. If you want something where you can turn your brain off and laugh at the comically good gore and live the fantasy of a shark out for vengeance, pick this up! It definitely sunk it’s teeth into me. Expand
  8. May 22, 2020
    Whoever thought that a shark rpg could be this much fun? Battle alligators, barracuda, human hunters and plenty more whilst searching for collectables in this game set in the Bayou. Marvellous gameplay with hugely enjoyable visuals. Really well priced for a game that (if you're a Jaws fan) will keep you hooked (pardon the pun). Comedically gory with great voice acting leaves me highlyWhoever thought that a shark rpg could be this much fun? Battle alligators, barracuda, human hunters and plenty more whilst searching for collectables in this game set in the Bayou. Marvellous gameplay with hugely enjoyable visuals. Really well priced for a game that (if you're a Jaws fan) will keep you hooked (pardon the pun). Comedically gory with great voice acting leaves me highly recommending this Tripwire production. Expand
  9. May 24, 2020
    This game FEELS good. The feeling you get from mashing the RT button to chomp and chew, just feels powerful. As for the graphics, I am playing on the XB1X and it looks good, the surface water effects could have been just a little better, but for a budget game, they did an incredible job. Level design is good and accommodates the completionist gamers style. With a little higher budget, thisThis game FEELS good. The feeling you get from mashing the RT button to chomp and chew, just feels powerful. As for the graphics, I am playing on the XB1X and it looks good, the surface water effects could have been just a little better, but for a budget game, they did an incredible job. Level design is good and accommodates the completionist gamers style. With a little higher budget, this game could have done some truly great things. Story is what it is. We knew this was never going to be a serious game... you're a shark. The only performance issues I have had is frame rate issues above water when taking on a LOT of hunter boats.
    All in all, this gane is just good, no thinking fun, for when you need a break from the serious stuff. I could come home drunk at 1am and happily spend an hour just munching stuff up and upgrading.
  10. May 24, 2020
    What a video game should be! Audio is simply but fits. Graphics are amazing under water. Think of games that look amazing on land but the under water areas are okay. This one flips that scenario around. Story is corky but fun. Objectives, locations, collectibles, bosses. Can't wait to make it to the Gulf with the Elder!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. May 25, 2020
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. May 25, 2020
    Aware of its own limitations, Tripwire has opted for the fun of this particular power fantasy to present us with a game that will not be part of video game history or a candidate for GOTY, but that is undeniably enjoyable and funny in all its humorous packaging.
  3. May 25, 2020
    The chief pleasures on offer are those of the power fantasy and of the newly burgeoning subgenre that we might call the zoological misadventure.