8.0

1. May 30, 2020
    Minecraft Dungeons is a Top-Down Isometric Dungeon Crawler set in the Minecraft World. You are a Hero! And you've come to the aid of the villagers, as the Evil Arch-Illager has declared all free people to be the enemies of the Illagers, and started to take the villagers captive, forcing them into labor to further his own means. You'll travel across this corner of the Minecraft UniverseMinecraft Dungeons is a Top-Down Isometric Dungeon Crawler set in the Minecraft World. You are a Hero! And you've come to the aid of the villagers, as the Evil Arch-Illager has declared all free people to be the enemies of the Illagers, and started to take the villagers captive, forcing them into labor to further his own means. You'll travel across this corner of the Minecraft Universe facing off against all the standard Minecraft Mobs, with a few new faces to add to the list. You can play as Steve? or Alex! as well as a bunch of new character skins. There are no defined classes in Dungeons, as what you can do is decided by what you equip. You wear armor and carry both a Melee and Missile weapon as well as three artifacts. There is a ton of weapons, both Melee and Missile to find, and more enchantments than you can shake a stick at. All of the different armor is geared towards a specific play-style, and I feel kind of shapes how you're building your character. There are nine main stages, five unlockable dungeons, and a special stage that takes finding a certain secret on each stage to unlock, it's quite the homage to Diablo. The levels are randomly generated, creating a new map every time you enter. You will see a lot of the stage is similar, as there are needed landmarks on each one. There are also three overall difficulty levels, each unlocked by beating the game on each of the prior. On the surface, Minecraft Dungeons may just look like a hack and slash trying to be an RPG, but it's far deeper than that. Between playing around with item combinations and challenging yourself with higher difficulties and new characters Minecraft Dungeons can provide days on end of play-time. Expand
  2. May 28, 2020
    Insanely shallow, will take about 4 hours for you to see all the content twice. Feels like the game isn't even complete and they are already advertising that there will be DLC. Would be more interesting if they could add anything compelling or enjoyable to do in the game before trying to sell additional content.

Currently all you can do is increase the numbers on the exact same items

Currently all you can do is increase the numbers on the exact same items you've had access to since the start of the game.
    There are about 5 different enemies across every map in the game (all 9 of them).
    You get 6 item slots made up of a melee weapon, armor, ranged weapon, and 3 artifacts. Your artifacts are the only thing that give you anything to do in the game, as they are what become your abilities, and usually you use one artifact for movement because you absolutely CRAWL in this game any time you don't have a speed buff.
    There are no classes,and levels don't feel rewarding to earn because you just earn an enchantment point to apply randomly rolled buffs to the same gear.
    This game is just a boring grinding simulator with absolutely no pay-off. Movement is terrible clunky, as you get caught on every random block on the map.
    Every boss fight boils down to the same attack pattern where they shoot at you, and leave time for you to shoot back before dodging the next slow moving pellet.
    Pushing into the higher difficulty levels is even more boring than the initial sprint, where they just crank up the HP of the enemies and they just become damage sponges.

No mining. No crafting. No personality. I had hopes at first when it looked like the "camp" was starting to expand with NPC's, but there are just 2 NPC's that you can gamble at with your emeralds, which are gained by trashing your old gear and found in maps.

No part of the game really felt satisfying at any point after the first few minutes. It all got old very quickly, it's just an artificial "item level" grind with no interesting or innovative content whatsoever, nothing to discover after the first few minutes and pretty much just boils down to colors moving around on your screen while you press 1 2 3 over and over.

Save your money.
  3. May 26, 2020
    Game isn’t anything new. But it sure is fun. Especially with friends. Takes the good parts of a dungeon crawler and puts it into the Minecraft world. If this is your “type” of game. Definitely give it a try on Gamepass!
  4. May 26, 2020
    A fun and interesting take on the Minecraft IP. Having a lot of fun with this game so far
  5. May 27, 2020
    Beautiful 4K and a silky smooth 60fps on 1X combined with gorgeous colors and particle effects makes this game a joy to behold.
    Not the deepest ARPG or the most feature enriched, but the addicting loot hunting and fairly interesting combat system makes this an extremely enjoyable experience. The type of experience you can just switch off to and enjoy alone or cause havoc with friends. It all ballance very well and I was surprised overall just how fun it is.
  6. May 26, 2020
    Um dos jogos mais divertidos que já joguei em co-op, ele simplesmente cabe bem com a proposta de jogar com a família, se divertir um pouco com o filho ou até mesmo com amigos, em dificuldades mais hardcore
  7. May 26, 2020
    Had my doubts but it's honestly very fun. It's on gamepass so it's worth downloading to see if you like it
  8. May 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Included in GamePass. What else I can say. Is about 3-5 hours to finish it but it gives you a very good impression. Expand
  9. May 27, 2020
    no me llamaban la atención los juegos del mismo género, pero con MD me he enamorado del género, es increíblemente bueno, bello y tiene mucha rejugabilidad. Uno de los mejores juegos de Xbox Game Studios.
  10. May 26, 2020
    Great fun co-op game. Everything is simple and easy to pick up, definitely a great game for kids or adults who love the franchise.
  11. May 26, 2020
    Wether you love the throw back art style of Minecraft or the Hack-N-Slash/ Looter/ RPG elements. There is something in this game for fans of all those aspects.
  12. May 26, 2020
    This game has a very funny formula, awesome to spend a good time playing with friend in cop.
  13. May 26, 2020
    Very fun online and couch co-op game. Perfect edition for these times to have some fun with friends and family. Be safe ✌️
  14. May 27, 2020
    It's simple, that makes it much more enjoyable. A fun game to be played coop. Not releasing officially with crossplay and cross save functions is a shame. But still a good experience.
  15. May 27, 2020
    Beautiful, vivid world. Easy enough for the whole family. Cute story line. Online and couch coop. This game is just what the world needs right now.
  16. May 27, 2020
    Lo que se puede esperar de un Minecraft está aquí, se captura la esencia del mismo ahora en un nuevo estilo de juego, denle la oportunidad ¡Esta muy bueno!
  17. May 26, 2020
    It is very unresponsive and has HUGE framerate problems on Xbox One, the gameplay is okay, just wish it didn't drop down to 5 fps when I'm either fighting enemies or just 4 or more enemies spawn it makes it very bad, not to mention the servers have a lot of connection issues.
  18. May 26, 2020
    Bom e simples, podia ser maior mas o jogo deu a diversão prometida, o jogo fica mais divertido com amigos, espero que futuramente existam expansões pro game
  19. May 26, 2020
    for me it is a game of 8 but since people give it 0, I give it a 10 :)
    If you like the diablol I recommend it.
  20. May 26, 2020
    jogo excelente, jogando e gostando muito, vale muito a pena jogar esse jogo, bem parecido com diablo
  21. May 27, 2020
    Really good dungeon crawler and not too complicated for kids to jump right in!
  22. May 27, 2020
    Me encanta, es muy simple pero engancha con su jugabilidad, es para todo el publico y se puede jugar coop online o offline
  23. May 26, 2020
    YñIt is an interesting combination, its good does not last long, the post game is incredible, the truth is very enjoyable
  24. May 26, 2020
    Great game very fun to play with friends reminds me of diablo it just works it's a new spin on a great game thanks to Microsoft for giving mojang freedom to create a fresh look on a great game
  25. May 26, 2020
    Really loving this game. Playing with my little nephew and his is obssessed with the game.
  26. May 27, 2020
    Jogo muito bom! Dificuldade ajustável, sem bugs, gráficos melhores que o original, dublagem em PT-BR. Gamertag: Bazalon
  27. May 26, 2020
    Awesome game, playing for hours and don't see the time passing, love minecraft style, and everything was adapted for a good rpg, must play
  28. May 26, 2020
    AMAZING! but I was wanting more! I wait for the DLCS
    9/10 Only for that!!!!
  29. May 26, 2020
    Very fun, had a great time being to play this with kids. The game starts off easy and then draws you in as you progress.
  30. May 26, 2020
    Not worth it for $20. Plain and boring. You will like it if you are 6 year old. Older people get a better game.
  31. May 26, 2020
    Great mesh of Minecraft style into a Diablo esque coop adventure. Fun and easy to pick up
  32. May 26, 2020
    Textmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  33. May 27, 2020
    It grasp your attention pretty much the second you start playing and never lets it go. Great experience
  34. May 26, 2020
    It is a fun and new spin on the minecraft world and Is a pretty cool dungeon crawler as well now I've only played a couple of hours but for the most part it's a mostly enjoyable experience especially with friends.
  35. May 26, 2020
    Que Jogo divertido, um RPG excelente para jogar com os amigos,muito bom mesmo, a perspectiva isométrica ajuda muito nesse tipo de jogo.
  36. May 26, 2020
    very nice game if you like Diablo..........................................
  37. May 27, 2020
    Great job ^_~ Great job ^_~Great job ^_~Great job ^_~Great job ^_~Great job ^_~Great job ^_~
  38. May 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bueno, le hacen falta niveles pero serán agregados próximamente. Buena jugabilidad y tiene la esencia de mainkra Expand
  39. May 26, 2020
    ooch.... 9 levels, a game that lasts 3-4 hours... barely any loot, you get 2-3 drops a level and gold is used to buy random stuff.... I feel like it is a starter level of Diablo 1 but made for 3 year old kids max!
    The leveling is none existent, just level your stuff but it is soooo bare-bones. No crafting or building, for example you could build a home and find stuff to put in it and so on, nope nothing of that to see...
    And it already plagued with dlc? extra levels gone be dlc and even in the character selection you have it already... I really don't get it. Everything is so simple, too simple. If you like diablo and Path of exile, just don't waste your time, it isn't worth it at all!
  40. May 26, 2020
    Um ótimo jogo, daria uns 80, mas como tem certos doentes que estão dando 0, a nota será 10
  41. May 26, 2020
    Juego simple. Gráficos acartonados, personajes planos, objetivos sencillos, una historia del montón. Sin duda un juego olvidable
  42. May 26, 2020
    Creo que es un juego bastante divertido e entretenido, si bien la historia no es su fuerte, el
    Juego de sostiene Por su gameplay que es ampliamente adictivo a las pocas horas de jugar, es amigable con todos ya seas un jugador experimentado o novato, te da el reto que estás buscando y si lo juegas con amigos lo convierte en un juego aún más divertido, ampliamente recomendado.
  43. May 26, 2020
    Mto bkm o jogo, um otimo rpg q bota sonista invejoso pra mamar................. sifudesonista
  44. May 26, 2020
    This is by far the worst game I have ever played. Their isn't really a replayability of value here refund needed asap
  45. May 27, 2020
    I could forgive Minecraft Dungeons for being a short but sweet Diablo clone, as that's what it was clearly designed to be anyway. But I can't recommend it right now due to numerous bugs, lack of public matchmaking and a last boss that needs a serious damage nerf.
  46. May 27, 2020
    It is a great game and I do enjoy it very much, but it didn't really turn out the way most people expected. Sadly it's a bit underwhelming. The landscapes are beautiful and there is some quality level design. And it is very much like Minecraft. The gameplay is fun and all, but it really lacks content and variety. There are only a few levels and weapon types. It would have been great toIt is a great game and I do enjoy it very much, but it didn't really turn out the way most people expected. Sadly it's a bit underwhelming. The landscapes are beautiful and there is some quality level design. And it is very much like Minecraft. The gameplay is fun and all, but it really lacks content and variety. There are only a few levels and weapon types. It would have been great to have more. But still, it is a fun game to play with a couple of friends. It is free to play with game pass, so you should definitely give it a go. Expand
  47. May 28, 2020
    Very good game. It has nothing to do with Minecraft but the game was really fun for me. I have played it online with my friends from Xbox One and it seems to me a good game but with little content. But it's worth €20, I think it's worth it for what it's worth. It is also confirmed that they will release expansion packs.
  48. May 26, 2020
    El juego es demasiado simple, facil y corto, no tiene una curva de aprendizaje ni un gameplay profundo a desarollar a medida que avanzas el juego lo cual considero una falta critica en un juego de aventura y RPG, no puede ser que en menos de 4 horas ya estas terminandotelo, no posee una historia memorable y no existe incentivo alguno en rejugartelo, tenia altas expectativas por lo bien queEl juego es demasiado simple, facil y corto, no tiene una curva de aprendizaje ni un gameplay profundo a desarollar a medida que avanzas el juego lo cual considero una falta critica en un juego de aventura y RPG, no puede ser que en menos de 4 horas ya estas terminandotelo, no posee una historia memorable y no existe incentivo alguno en rejugartelo, tenia altas expectativas por lo bien que me lo paso en minecraft pero este titulo deja mucho que desear en todos los aspectos Expand
  49. May 27, 2020
    The game is so much Fun, and I think it has been caught in the storm of Console wars, that's why the reviews are low, it's a 9.5 for me and I think it is definitely worth at least 2 play through. The combat is satisfying, the loot is Fun, there is loads of secret and cool stuff to find, the game also makes a lot of hit at DIABLO 2 which is my favorite game of all time (If you couldn'tThe game is so much Fun, and I think it has been caught in the storm of Console wars, that's why the reviews are low, it's a 9.5 for me and I think it is definitely worth at least 2 play through. The combat is satisfying, the loot is Fun, there is loads of secret and cool stuff to find, the game also makes a lot of hit at DIABLO 2 which is my favorite game of all time (If you couldn't guess from the Username lol).
    Overall, Play this game and enjoy it and it is especially more fun with a couple of friends and Local Co-op.
  50. May 27, 2020
    Jogo é bom, qualquer pessoa pode jogar, desde o mais casual até o mais hardcore. Infelizmente precisa de mais conteúdo, espero que isso seja resolvido com o tempo, como alguns jogos da Microsoft, onde tem liberado diversas atualizações.
  51. May 27, 2020
    Sensacional, achei que o jogo fosse ter a pegada antiga do minecraft, fui surpreendido, o jogo é muitooooo divertido.
  52. May 27, 2020
    É um jogo realmente dovertido com alguns mistérios, provavelmente irão vir mais 2 ou 3 dlcs, que eu acho que se custarem 10/20 reais valerá a pena. Continuando, o jogo possui um fator replay grande que pode te prender por algumas horas, demorei entorno de 5 horas pra zerar o jogo, e 15 horas pra fazer tudo o q era possivel, recomendo caso queira jogar apenas pra se divertir pela gameÉ um jogo realmente dovertido com alguns mistérios, provavelmente irão vir mais 2 ou 3 dlcs, que eu acho que se custarem 10/20 reais valerá a pena. Continuando, o jogo possui um fator replay grande que pode te prender por algumas horas, demorei entorno de 5 horas pra zerar o jogo, e 15 horas pra fazer tudo o q era possivel, recomendo caso queira jogar apenas pra se divertir pela game pass. Caso queira comprar, pegue a versão deluxe Expand
  53. May 27, 2020
    A game that makes me enjoy next to my daughter, playing both very Nintendo style. It can't be less than 10. Sometimes the simplest games do what we don't expect. ENTERTAIN US. And especially after a long day of work. PERFECT and FUN. I advise playing with children.
  54. May 31, 2020
    Good balance dungeon crawler with great multiplayer and good level design infinitely playable
  55. May 28, 2020
    Esse jogo é incrível, estou sem palavras, passei horas jogando com meu irmão.
  56. May 29, 2020
    Okay so this is a pretty fun game, But I still have some problems with it, for starters the Camp is pretty empty, with the only three things you can do in it being buy Artifacts, Weapons, and Exploring for Emerald Chest ( Not counting the Mission Select since you can do that by pressing your Map Button) that's basically it, It would of been nice to use Items you found in Dungeons to CraftOkay so this is a pretty fun game, But I still have some problems with it, for starters the Camp is pretty empty, with the only three things you can do in it being buy Artifacts, Weapons, and Exploring for Emerald Chest ( Not counting the Mission Select since you can do that by pressing your Map Button) that's basically it, It would of been nice to use Items you found in Dungeons to Craft Unique Weapons and etc that you couldn't normally find in dungeons but nope, which in my opinion makes the game incredibly simple, since all you can find in worlds or dungeons are Weapons and Artifacts. Another problem I have is Enemy Placement in Dungeons, Sometimes you find a room filled with Zombies which you could easily mow down and then others are filled with hundreds of Archers, and I may just be incredibly bad but it is so annoying going against hordes of Archers (Even worse with Crossbow Users because of the Damage) Since they always move away from you when you charge at them while your getting shot at by hundreds of other Archers, it's even worse when your put into tight areas with no where to retreat to (Looking at you Obsidian Pinnacle), It would be nicer to have the two enemy types to be together in a room more often. One Last thing which is the enemies themselves, again I may just be Extremely Bad But a few of the enemies in some Dungeons are extremely difficult to defeat, With the Hardest in my opinion being THE SUMMONER in the Desert Temple, I really hope I'm not the only one who hates this enemy. But other then all of that, Worlds are fun and filled with Secrets with my Favourites being the Desert Temple (I know I just said Summoners were annoying but I still love the Temple) and creepy crypt, Weapons are a blast with the right Enchantments and Artifacts (Use The Ghost Cloak and the Boots of Swiftness Artifacts combined with the Speed Synergy Enchantment and you Become the Fastest Player Alive), And joining with friends is kinda fun, But you can't with rando's..But hopefully that will be added one day. And that's all I want to say because this Early Game Review is already over 2100 letters long so, if you like simple Dungeon Crawlers I recommend this and Thanks for reading this waste of 20 minutes. Expand
  57. May 30, 2020
    The gameplay is as follows: You find weapons and artifacts. You can wield a melee weapon and bow at the same time (arrows are pickups). The artifacts are powers with a cooldown or other requirements like killing enemies. Each thing you find has enchantments that alter how the weapon/armor performs.

You fight enemies, find chests, beat the boss. That's pretty much it. Things that

You fight enemies, find chests, beat the boss. That's pretty much it.

Things that might help you decide if it's worth getting for you:

1) The 'plot' is like a poorly-written children's book and that is pretty much a testament to the whole game. It's for children. If you are a child, you will likely be satisfied with it. If you aren't a child, you can do better for your money.

2) You don't customize your character. You choose from some presets and you can pay for more. This is a Mojang issue where they got greedy after the success of Java.

3) A very, very short game. We knocked it off in a single afternoon and we were taking our time on the day of release. We also went back and replayed levels to see if we would get better equipment.

4) A blatant cash grab. This game is not long or complex enough to justify DLC.

Personally, I'd say you could enjoy playing it on Game Pass, but it's not worth a buy. This isn't a game you will enjoy playing over and over again. For me, one day of mediocre gameplay isn't worth a $25 price tag. If you're a parent looking to buy for your kids, I honestly suggest you go with something else. This isn't going to entertain your kids for long. If they really want to play it, spend the $15 to get them game pass access. They can play it there and have access to a lot of other games.

Don't let Mojang milk your kids for their pocket money. They've been good at it since Java.
  58. May 29, 2020
    Great gameplay and co-op, it's a really fun game. I just hope that Mojang can update the game with more content later
  59. May 31, 2020
    Jogo sensacional, para quem gostou de Diablo 3 este é um jogo ótimo, já tenho mais de 26 horas nesse jogo, descobri que há fases secretas, em breve também haverá uma dlc, está muito bom esse jogo.
  60. May 28, 2020
    I played this on my PS4 first but since I have Game Pass I was able to play it for free on my Xbox One X. Co op is so much fun and the customization is awesome.
  61. Jun 1, 2020
    An overall disappointing experience - seems like a lot of wasted potential. The game at best is a pretty good Diablo clone, and at its worse its a Minecraft spin-off that has almost nothing to with Minecraft apart from the title.

There are no mechanics carried over from Minecraft - no crafting, no destructible environments, no ability to build structures - and many features such as The Nether, Mushroom Bios, Ice Bios etc are absent as well. Also, only a few items such as the pickaxes and fishing rods are real items from original Minecraft, every other item is a new item made for this game, it doesn't feel like Minecraft, just feels like a Minecraft re-skin of a game totally irrelevant to the source game.

The core game has a lot of polish, don't get me wrong. Game is a lot of fun to play, and the enchanting system allows for lots of diverse play-styles and customisation. Levels although repetitive are fun, the loot system is well balance, good variety of enemies, great visuals and music etc. However, the game is tiny, the story is almost non-existent, the gameplay is not good enough to warrant a second play through and the fact that there is DLC already despite the small size is a real low blow as well.

I'm kind of just confused as to why this exists? If you're not going to bring anything from Minecraft except a superficial reproduction of its exterior then why even bother? I can't help but feel this is a cheap cash in rather than a creative spin-off title. Not a bad game by any means, but not worth purchasing I'd say.
  62. May 30, 2020
    Si te gusto diablo o si te gusta simplemente jugar a un buen videojuego no lo dudes, jugabidad en mayusculas
  63. May 29, 2020
    I will change my score if the game gets better. Currently it's a really poor dungeon crawler with 0 depth. With a world filled with Diablo and Torchlight. You have 0 reasons to play this. I'm so glad it was on gamepass because I almost bought it on ps4. Crisis averted. People are saying its getting review bombed because it's on Xbox and Sony fanboys hate anything Xbox. I guess don'tI will change my score if the game gets better. Currently it's a really poor dungeon crawler with 0 depth. With a world filled with Diablo and Torchlight. You have 0 reasons to play this. I'm so glad it was on gamepass because I almost bought it on ps4. Crisis averted. People are saying its getting review bombed because it's on Xbox and Sony fanboys hate anything Xbox. I guess don't realize it's also on PS4. Expand
  64. May 27, 2020
    Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawling ARPG very similar to the Diablo franchise. Fight Minecraft baddies, gain loot, and level your way up! This game is quite fun, especially in couch co-op and is a great introductory game to the dungeon-crawling genre. I had a lot of fun mindlessly bashing at monsters and the game feels really good to play on controller. The game is not without itsMinecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawling ARPG very similar to the Diablo franchise. Fight Minecraft baddies, gain loot, and level your way up! This game is quite fun, especially in couch co-op and is a great introductory game to the dungeon-crawling genre. I had a lot of fun mindlessly bashing at monsters and the game feels really good to play on controller. The game is not without its major faults, however. The game is VERY short - about 5 hours long. Considering the game is only 20 dollars, this isn't the end of the world, but its certainly worth noting. Progression feels almost meaningless - you never have to go back to old levels to grind and good loot is not very hard to find. The story, although an interesting concept, is not fleshed out almost at all besides the opening cinematic - this was a major let down. Expect glitches and issues that hinder the game experience drastically every-so-often (e.g. getting caught in a hole with no escape, random particle effects.) This game takes many creative liberties as compared to its source material, which at times can be very cool, while sometimes feeling out of place. If you're looking for a fun couch co-op experience to play with friends and family, This game is certainly a good option. If you are looking for a large, sophisticated dungeon-crawlier, however, I would look elsewhere. I'm exited to see what Mojang works on in the future. Expand
  65. May 28, 2020
    A childish Diablo but that's good. It’s great fun especially when you’re playing with your little brother.
  66. May 28, 2020
    "COM SPOILERS"
    Minecraft Dungeons é uma obra prima dos Dungeon Crawlers. NÃO É MINECRAFT, vc NÃO VAI minerar nada e nem contruir nada.
    Para quem conhece o gênero e joga realmente jogos desse tipo vai se envolver demais. O jogo foi feito para os entusiastas. ÓBVIO. Se vc gosta de jogar só jogo de tiro pewpew passe longe, ou não. Inicialmente o jogo contém "apenas" 10 fases que podem ser
    "COM SPOILERS"
    Inicialmente o jogo contém "apenas" 10 fases que podem ser jogadas e 6 níveis de dificuldade, mas abre-se mais 3 (que eu encontrei) e tem vários easter eggs e segredos no jogos, além de um mapa secreto.
    O jogo em si não tem Classes mas, vc pode ser a classe que vc quiser baseando-se nos itens que usar, portanto já encontrei 8 possibilidades diferentes de builds. Considerando se tratar de Minecraft/Mojango pode esperar muito conteudo sendo adicionado no jogo, e sem choradeira pois se vocês não sabem TODO CONTEÚDO EXTRA de minecraft É PAGO, não sei porque seria diferente agora.
    Ansioso pelas atualizações que com certeza vão trazer muito mais para a campanha, novos personagens, construções, habilidades e etc...o jogo tem potencial demais !
  67. May 28, 2020
    Finally a game that hooked me up with Minecraft, perfect to play with friends and family, and to introduce the younglings into RPG/D&D life.
  68. May 29, 2020
    This game is horrible, uncomplete, no longer, a few wepons, armor and things to do, spent money wrong

Generally favorable reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 1, 2020
    Overall, Minecraft Dungeons is a well-meaning game that succeeds far more than it falters. The core action-based dungeon-crawling gameplay loop is far more fun than others like it and puts the emphasis on fun than grinding. There are many upsides to this, but there is a bit lost when it comes to the story – which is rather barren. However, if you want to get into dungeon-crawlers, this is a great way to go about it. It works as an action RPG, or just a core action-based game with stats to keep track of every now and then. It looks great on the Xbox One and PC, and while it falls a bit short on Switch, its smaller dungeon size is perfect for the Switch’s at-home or on-the-go nature.
  2. May 29, 2020
    An action game that uses the Diablo's formula from a much more simplified form.
  3. May 29, 2020
    Overall, the game is a fun introduction to dungeon crawlers for all the family. While there is still plenty for older or more experienced gamers to enjoy, hardcore dungeon crawler fans will likely find the gear mechanics too limiting. However, this title is not designed for that market. It's every inch a family-friendly co-op or solo player experience, and this is a goal it achieves perfectly.